PDA

View Full Version : Second Round Pick 2020, AJ Dillon

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:29 PM
Ryan Wood @ByRyanWood
With the 62nd overall pick in the second round, the #Packers select: A.J. Dillon, RB, Boston College.

Huge tailback: 6-0, 247 pounds. Ran an impressive 4.53 40 for his size.

They needed more depth in the backfield. Dillon gives them that.

Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
RB AJ Dillon scored 38 touchdowns at BC. Ran a 4.53-second 40-yard dash at 247 pounds. He is the opposite of Aaron Jones.

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxd_u3LNxgY

pbmax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlBAW5324XA

pbmax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWZ6KT2tCeo

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADOaG_xLg8

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz43ln71WyA

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 08:36 PM
Thunder to pair with Lightning?

ThunderDan
04-24-2020, 08:38 PM
Thunder to pair with Lightning?

I am thunder!!

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 08:39 PM
lol

pbmax
04-24-2020, 08:39 PM
NFL.com

Player Bio
Algiers Jameal "AJ" William Dillon is the grandson of College Football Hall of famer Thom Gatewood, who was the first African-American team captain at Notre Dame. Dillon played for a former B.C. offensive lineman (Paul Zukauskas) at Lawrence Academy in Connecticut, and he decided to sign on with the Eagles. He played only four games due to injury his senior year of high school but still racked up more than 600 yards and 12 touchdowns. Dillon jumped into the fray at Chestnut Hill as a true freshman, winning ACC Rookie of the Year and Freshman All-American honors by ranking seventh in the FBS with 1,589 yards (300 carries, 5.3 ypc) and scoring 14 touchdowns in 13 games (four starts). He started 10 games in 2018, earning first-team all-conference accolades (227 carries, 1,108 yards, 4.9 ypc, 10 touchdowns; eight receptions, 41 yards, 5.1 average) and cutting his fumbles from four to one. Dillon was the team's bellcow again as a junior, finishing among the national leaders in carries (318), yards (1,685), and 14 touchdowns in 12 starts (13 receptions, 195 yards, 15.0 average, one touchdown). The 2019 third-team Associated Press All-American and first-team All-ACC selection chose not to play in the team's bowl game to get ready for the draft.

Overview
Built like a minibus but possessing enough vision and finesse to avoid being pigeon-holed as just a pure power back. Dillon is capable of handling heavy workloads and wearing down defenses, but there is a concern from evaluators that it's taken a physical toll on him. He's a disciplined runner who trusts his blocking scheme and follows his rush track. He's a good one-cut runner with below-average wiggle but natural power to create yards after contact. Dillon will find more space as he faces fewer loaded boxes as a pro, but dropping weight and adding quickness could be the difference between a future as a committee back or starter.

Strengths
Carries weight easily on big, well-proportioned frame
Above-average athletic traits for such a big runner
Went for 150-plus rushing yards in almost 42 percent of his career starts
Finds paydirt, with 39 career rushing touchdowns
Can move piles or leap over them
Absorbs contact like a big linebacker
Trusts the process and follows design of the rush track
Reads block development and acts decisively
Has grind-it-out mentality, but pitch plays and outside zone suits him
Stiff-arm cleans up the angles on the perimeter
Able to sort the rush and find his protection most of the time
Size to square and slow charging linebackers

Weaknesses
May need to play lighter for increased quickness
Ran odometer high through rough terrain in BC offense
Scouts concerned about long-term durability
Not much creativity to elude sudden traffic in his face
One-cuts when deeper press of the line is needed
Burst to second level is just OK
Needs to square and accelerate into contact more consistently
Not a natural pass-catcher
Feet get stagnant taking on moving targets against blitz

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 08:44 PM
Not overly impressed with him. His lack of agility could be an issue.

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 08:44 PM
My questions are:

Does he like video games?

What is his relationship with food like?

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:47 PM
My question; does he have a really really hot girlfriend we can at least enjoy for some eye candy ?

Tony Oday
04-24-2020, 08:52 PM
Can he catch a swing pass?

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 08:53 PM

pass catching not a strength of his

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 08:55 PM
Second round pick on a two down back. IDK.

wist43
04-24-2020, 08:55 PM
He has a lot of carries on his body... so his value is for 1 contract probably.

Even if he's good for the next 4 years, he'll be wearing down by the time we might be competitive again - so in that sense, it is another wasted pick.

Jones is history, Rodgers is history, the Smiths contracts will expire before we're competitive again, Amos is a waste...

Complete rebuild now.

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:01 PM
Those are pretty boring videos. He does tend to run over and through college guys though.

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:09 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/e5/c9/ba/e5c9ba9374f518068cb61f6440843838--tv-westerns-tv-radio.jpg

Nickname idea?

Joemailman
04-24-2020, 09:11 PM

Actually did a nice job on one on Notre Dame tape.

Rutnstrut
04-24-2020, 09:21 PM
Wasted pick when they need receivers.

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 09:24 PM
Wasted pick when they need receivers.

and LB's
and OL

Zool
04-24-2020, 09:25 PM
https://i.redd.it/c23lk1b4htu41.jpg

George Cumby
04-24-2020, 10:19 PM
Just watched the Packers App vid of Dillon.

He THICC.

MadtownPacker
04-24-2020, 10:23 PM
Des he get concussions easy?

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 10:45 PM
I hope they really investigated his diet and eating habits.

call_me_ishmael
04-24-2020, 11:06 PM
I am not a fan of players like this from schools like this. Give me country boy Eddie over this fella from some shitty school.

Deputy Nutz
04-24-2020, 11:16 PM
Boston College is a real school. They even play in a real conference, the ACC.

RashanGary
04-24-2020, 11:20 PM
My questions are:

:lol:

Bretsky
04-24-2020, 11:34 PM
I don't think anybody wants to start the 3rd round pick thread cause everybody feels the same.

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 07:49 AM
I am thunder!!

Packerrats needs a Lightening Dan.

Vincenzo
04-25-2020, 12:29 PM
Love this guy, what an addition!

He’s about the same height but 20 pounds heavier than Leonard Fournette.
He’s 3 inches shorter than Derrick Henry but about the same weight.
They all ran the 40 in the mid 4.5 range.
I think the Pack like the size, speed and athleticism combination of this guy. I can imagine that guys are not going to enjoy tackling this guy in the 4th qtr much like the Cowboys use to Marion Barber III in the 4th qtr with the lead.
He apparently moves the pile better than anyone else in this draft class.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 12:59 PM
Tacklers gonna have to make a choice. Go in with this guy and you getting hurt.

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 01:53 PM
Love this guy, what an addition!

He’s about the same height but 20 pounds heavier than Leonard Fournette.
He’s 3 inches shorter than Derrick Henry but about the same weight.
They all ran the 40 in the mid 4.5 range.
I think the Pack like the size, speed and athleticism combination of this guy. I can imagine that guys are not going to enjoy tackling this guy in the 4th qtr much like the Cowboys use to Marion Barber III in the 4th qtr with the lead.
He apparently moves the pile better than anyone else in this draft class.

Once again, I like having a dude that can pick up three when you need two.

MadScientist
04-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Tacklers gonna have to make a choice. Go in with this guy and you getting hurt.

I wasn't seeing that in the tape he looked like he went down without delivering a hit. For a 2nd round but back, l want to see him stand the defender up on the first contact and then power through. I just didn't see that.

KYPack
04-25-2020, 02:48 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/e5/c9/ba/e5c9ba9374f518068cb61f6440843838--tv-westerns-tv-radio.jpg

Nickname idea?

Yep. "Marshal" Dillon, eh Zool?

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:50 PM
To rip off Cory...

Clock killin, tackler peelin, AJ Dillon!

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 02:53 PM
I wasn't seeing that in the tape he looked like he went down without delivering a hit. For a 2nd round but back, l want to see him stand the defender up on the first contact and then power through. I just didn't see that.

Bruh. That's not what I saw. I saw him one arm rag dolling DB's, blasting through tackles, bouncing off of hits, good balance and niftier feet than I would have thought for a "power back".

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:03 PM
Lots of plays where he looked dead to rights, but somehow the guy just puss swiped at his feet instead of getting hurt

pbmax
04-26-2020, 10:20 AM
Bill Huber @BillHuberSI

This is why area scouts are so crucial and so underrated. Here's the #Packers Mike Owen on RB A.J. Dillon, who caught just 21 passes in three years. "You go to practice, you see him running routes, you see him catching the football."

wist43
04-26-2020, 10:37 AM
I like the player - a lot - I just don't like the pick.

Will definitely be targeting him fantasy drafts.

Zool
04-26-2020, 12:00 PM
Yep. "Marshal" Dillon, eh Zool?

When he trucks someone, the crowd can shout Gunsmoke!

Sparkey
04-26-2020, 12:04 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2878146-nfl-scouting-combine-notebook-aj-dillon-storms-up-the-draft-board.amp.html

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 12:16 PM
I can handle Dillon in second. He might not make it to us in 3rd. This is far from the death blow real issues at hand.

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 12:19 PM
I'm coming around to thinking positive on this guy too.

I wonder who is gonna play fullback. Maybe Jamal Williams? Maybe Deguarra or one of the TEs we already have? I'm certainly in favor of not wasting a roster spot on a fullback, and if this Dillon is an upgrade from Williams and our coach and front office are not idiots, then what were they thinking? maybe that

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 12:37 PM
Even thought GB drafted him too high, I think he's a good player. Had they traded up two spots and got Mims and drafted Dillon in round 3 as opposed to the reach at TE, folks would be happier

sharpe1027
04-26-2020, 01:19 PM
Even thought GB drafted him too high, I think he's a good player. Had they traded up two spots and got Mims and drafted Dillon in round 3 as opposed to the reach at TE, folks would be happier

Who are you kidding? Being happy with a draft is not how Rats roll. :-)

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 01:31 PM
THE PHASES

Initially everybody is upset, including me
As time passed most drink homer juice and talk themselves into Guteology and justify what we're doing and come back to the level headed area and hope for the best.
I remain upset....loo

SMBASS
04-26-2020, 01:38 PM
THE PHASES

Initially everybody is upset, including me
As time passed most drink homer juice and talk themselves into Guteology and justify what we're doing and come back to the level headed area and hope for the best.
I remain upset....loo

Heck with that level headed crap! I'm still pissed off about the Tony Mandarich, Jerry Tagge, Barty Smith, Barry Smith. Rich Campbell, and Bruce Clark picks along with the John Hadl trade! Lol!

run pMc
04-26-2020, 03:03 PM
Not a big fan of this pick. Is he Derrick Henry II ? I thought he was at best a R3 or R4 pick, this feels like a reach to me.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 03:36 PM
Not a big fan of this pick. Is he Derrick Henry II ? I thought he was at best a R3 or R4 pick, this feels like a reach to me.

They had to reach on him because they needed someone big and durable to give the ball too 20 times a game with Jordan Love playing QB.

Rastak
04-26-2020, 03:50 PM
They had to reach on him because they needed someone big and durable to give the ball too 20 times a game with Jordan Love playing QB.

So you are going on record to say he's starting?

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 05:14 PM
So you are going on record to say he's starting?

By default quite possibly. I would surprised if he did come back. I believe there is a very strong possibility we have seen the last of Aaron Rodgers in Green and Gold. Whether that is through trade or retirement I’m not so sure of. It makes absolutely zero sense for a competitor such as Rodgers at his age to come back for two years just to hold the ship upright while the Packers go through this rebuild when it has been thoroughly proven they haven’t sufficiently supported him.

Rodgers Super Bowl window does not match the Philosophy Change that the Packers have pushed all chips on the table to the middle of. This would be best for both sides.

Like many things in life I’m sure $ will have something to do with it.

wist43
04-26-2020, 05:27 PM
Rodgers almost has to play at least this year b/c of the cap hit.

That said, PFF said today that they can cut/trade him after June 1, and the cap hit goes down to $19 million.

I think most people are expecting he's done in GB sooner rather than later.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 06:12 PM
Rodgers almost has to play at least this year b/c of the cap hit.

That said, PFF said today that they can cut/trade him after June 1, and the cap hit goes down to $19 million.

I think most people are expecting he's done in GB sooner rather than later.

Yeah but what if Rodgers demands a trade? I’m sure this was a discussion Gute and Flower had before they did all these dirty deeds during the draft.

Wouldn’t it free up $ for the Packers next year? Could essentially the Packers package a guy like Dean Lowry into the trade which with give them some net relief on Rodgers dead $ number?

What happens if Rodgers retires temporarily?

wist43
04-26-2020, 06:43 PM
Yeah but what if Rodgers demands a trade? I’m sure this was a discussion Gute and Flower had before they did all these dirty deeds during the draft.

Wouldn’t it free up $ for the Packers next year? Could essentially the Packers package a guy like Dean Lowry into the trade which with give them some net relief on Rodgers dead $ number?

What happens if Rodgers retires temporarily?

I don't think any of that is going to happen.

Rodgers will play this year and go thru the motions. I imagine an accommodation will be reached next offseason and Rodgers will be moved to a team that wants to make a run at a title or two.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 06:54 PM
I don't think any of that is going to happen.

Rodgers will play this year and go thru the motions. I imagine an accommodation will be reached next offseason and Rodgers will be moved to a team that wants to make a run at a title or two.

That’s what I thought too if he does stick around for a year. Once again this does not help the Packers at all.

run pMc
04-27-2020, 09:24 AM
That’s what I thought too if he does stick around for a year. Once again this does not help the Packers at all.

I think you mean the Love pick doesn't help them at all this year.
Rodgers could have another subpar-for-him year (he's been under a 100 QB rating for a few years, and his completion rating is falling) and they could trade him, Love could step in after a redshirt season, and they'd have more cap space to add players. Not saying it will happen, but you can't say for a fact right now that it won't.

Many teams are moving to the RB by-committee or RB by-matchup approach; I don't think they are intending to ride Dillon as a rookie the way some teams use a bellcow back. He already has about 850 carries on him over 3 years at BC, so that's a lot of use.
I still don't think he is an outside zone or a quick feet/jump cut guy like Aaron Jones -- I would think players like that would be cheaper to find in the draft and a better fit vs. Dillon. It would seem they are looking to run more inside zone, which they were better at last year...so MLF is adjusting his scheme to his players. I think that's smart, but I'm a little surprised by it since I expected them to reemphasize it in Year 2. Dillon to me feels more like a Jamaal Williams (or even Eddie Lacy) replacement...maybe they think Dexter Williams (or Tyler Ervin) can be Aaron Jones's?

smuggler
04-27-2020, 10:16 AM
Going through the motions is a huge hit on his legacy, and I think Rodgers has more pride than that. You guys are just doomsaying at this point.

wist43
04-27-2020, 10:53 AM
Going through the motions is a huge hit on his legacy, and I think Rodgers has more pride than that. You guys are just doomsaying at this point.

I'll put the same question to you that I put to max then...

Make the argument that we've improved and surpassed SF, NO, DAL, TB, and SEA... when we weren't good enough last year, and all of those teams improved??

Bretsky
04-27-2020, 11:07 AM

Make the argument that we've improved and surpassed SF, NO, DAL, TB, and SEA... when we weren't good enough last year, and all of those teams improved??

Development from within

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 11:27 AM

They just expect Rodgers to be a good little Indian while Gute basically mortgages “any upside” left of Rodgers career so that he can show all of us what a Genius he is.

It’s a catastrophic failure. If we had a owner this would of never happened.

ThunderDan
04-27-2020, 12:27 PM
They just expect Rodgers to be a good little Indian while Gute basically mortgages “any upside” left of Rodgers career so that he can show all of us what a Genius he is.

It’s a catastrophic failure. If we had a owner this would of never happened.

Sure it would have. All teams turn their rosters over when a new GM and coach come in.

I just think the Packers are turning theirs over the wrong way. We need someone who is on the cutting edge not someone who is going to try and copy the 49ers.

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 12:40 PM
Sure it would have. All teams turn their rosters over when a new GM and coach come in.

I just think the Packers are turning theirs over the wrong way. .

That is how it feels. Lets go copy the niners at all costs. They ran the ball down our throat so now we’re gonna fight Fire with Fire. That’s great but I just feel you gotta “stay in your lane” and make your team better within your wheelhouse.

pbmax
04-27-2020, 01:07 PM

NO lost to the Vikings at home. Packers beat Vikings twice.

Packers beat Seattle. Lead the entire game.

Packers beat the Cowboys.

Haven't played TB.

Have a matchup problem with San Fran.

You have ZERO idea if these teams have improved.

HarveyWallbangers
04-27-2020, 01:56 PM
49ers and Vikings got players (mostly younger players) to replace the players they lost.

49ers traded for Trent Williams to replace a retiring Joe Staley, drafted Javon Kinlaw to replace a traded DeForest Buckner, drafted Brandon Aiyuk to replace Emmanuel Sanders. They also traded Matt Breida. Is that a roster upgrade for 2020? What else have they done?

The Vikings lost Stefon Diggs, Linval Joseph, Everson Griffin, their top three CBs, and some complementary pieces (Weatherly, OL, Kearse, Sendejo, etc.). I think they had a nice draft, but they have a lot to replace. For this year I don’t think they are better.
Long-term, they are. I don’t know if Cousins is somebody they can trust to win 3-4 games in the playoffs.

Seattle has mostly treaded water, and their draft doesn’t look any better than the Packers draft.

Dallas looks scary, but they always do.

Tampa Bay looks talented, but Brady fell off a lot last year.

Saints and Eagles are tough, but New Orleans hasn’t exactly been a playoff juggernaut. They won the year before we did, and have been massive playoff disappointments since.

49ers are still the team to beat IMHO. There are a lot of good teams in the NFC. This draft seemed to be all about Gutey getting guys the Flower wanted.

wist43
04-27-2020, 04:58 PM
So will you Homer's finally admit we did not improve from last year??

Good grief you guys are so addled with green and gold heroin coursing thru your veins you simply can't be honest about where we're at!!

Everybody, and I mean everybody, panned this draft... even fan bases and commentators from other teams were beside themselves. I came across a Pittsburgh Steeler fan that spent ten minutes shredding Gutekunst - and I agreed with every point he made.

If Love turns out, all will be forgiven; but, this is now, and this is a win now league...

Gute said fuck that... I'm focused on 4 years down the road.

It's GM malpractice.

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 05:11 PM

Good grief you guys are so addled with green and gold heroin coursing thru your veins you simply can't be honest about where we're at!!

Everybody, and I mean everybody, panned this draft... even fan bases and commentators from other teams were beside themselves. I came across a Pittsburgh Steeler fan that spent ten minutes shredding Gutekunst - and I agreed with every point he made.

If Love turns out, all will be forgiven; but, this is now, and this is a win now league...

It's GM malpractice.

Your wasting your time. You will get told that “All you care about is being right” and “your a negative whinny bitch” etc etc. etc.

Last year it was the same damn thing with the Gary pick and people trying to defend it.

The reality is we have entered a new era. Whether it works or not it remains to be seen.

There is zero doubt that this team didn’t take the KC approach(which I advocated for) and is trying to copy the Tenn/SF game play book.

wist43
04-27-2020, 05:21 PM
Your wasting your time. You will get told that “All you care about is being right” and “your a negative whinny bitch” etc etc. etc.

Last year it was the same damn thing with the Gary pick and people trying to defend it.

The reality is we have entered a new era. Whether it works or not it remains to be seen.

There is zero doubt that this team didn’t take the KC approach(which I advocated for) and is trying to copy the Tenn/SF game play book.

Lol...

We've been at this for many years Brandon... we'll be in assisted living before too long, and still griping at each other :pack::x:talk::talk::x:pack:

Bretsky
04-27-2020, 06:37 PM

It's GM malpractice.

WIST,

I"M SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU BACK. Besides you going all Flipper on me and glorifying Baconman, I've missed you !!!!!!!!

Joemailman
04-27-2020, 08:13 PM

It's GM malpractice.

This year's draft is not the key to improving this year. It never is. The key is whether you get improvement from guys you drafted the last 3 years. There's just not that many rookies who make huge impacts. That will likely be even more true than normal this year because of the abbreviated, if not non-existent off season workouts and training camp.

texaspackerbacker
04-27-2020, 08:54 PM
Who said anything about being improved from last year? Certainly not me. There were a couple of items on the shopping list that might have been nice, but neither I nor the powers that be apparently saw them as needs. I'd be very content with another 13-3.

As somebody stated, the Vikings probably are a little worse, maybe Seattle too. The Niners probably at best stayed even, we play them at their place, so I guess we won't go unbeaten hahahahaha. New Orleans in their dome might be tough too. I really don't think Brady is gonna do Tampa any good. Thankfully, K.C. and Baltimore are in the AFC and not on our schedule. The Eagles likely will not be as injury-riddled like last year, but they're still not that great. Fortunately, we don't play the Cowboys. Indy with Jonathan Taylor and Philip Rivers might be tough too. 13-3 could be tough, but we still have the GOAT, and he has't deteriorated like some people think and whine.

It always takes a degree of luck; If things fall right, we could go as far or farther than last season.

Fuck all this idiotic rebuilding talk.

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 09:06 PM
Who said anything about being improved from last year? Certainly not me. There were a couple of items on the shopping list that might have been nice, but neither I nor the powers that be apparently saw them as needs. I'd be very content with another 13-3.

As somebody stated, the Vikings probably are a little worse, maybe Seattle too. The Niners probably at best stayed even, we play them at their place, so I guess we won't go unbeaten hahahahaha. New Orleans in their dome might be tough too. I really don't think Brady is gonna do Tampa any good. Thankfully, K.C. and Baltimore are in the AFC and not on our schedule. The Eagles likely will not be as injury-riddled like last year, but they're still not that great. Fortunately, we don't play the Cowboys. Indy with Jonathan Taylor and Philip Rivers might be tough too. 13-3 could be tough, but we still have the GOAT, and he has't deteriorated like some people think and whine.

It always takes a degree of luck; If things fall right, we could go as far or farther than last season.

Fuck all this idiotic rebuilding talk.

Well at some point your gonna need Rodgers to Pick up the Phone. :bang:

wist43
04-27-2020, 09:42 PM
This year's draft is not the key to improving this year. It never is. The key is whether you get improvement from guys you drafted the last 3 years. There's just not that many rookies who make huge impacts. That will likely be even more true than normal this year because of the abbreviated, if not non-existent off season workouts and training camp.

It might not be thee key, but it's certainly a key ingredient.

As is adding or subtracting FA's... where we did not improve either. I think Kirksey is probably better than Martinez, but Goodson with all his limitations was very much needed b/c Burks is a disaster as a football player.

Bulaga is better than Wagner, and Garvin is the replacement for Fackrell.

The only significant snaps unaccounted for is Traman Williams., who may be back.

Yes, we are hoping a bunch of guys make a jump, and that others maintain their high level of play. I have high Hope's for our secondary, Gary, and Keke - but we are woefully underpowered up front. If a street FA like Lancaster is your 2nd best DL, you have big issues on your DL, and Gute did exactly nothing for the line. To me, that's even more outrageous than doing nothing for the WR corp.

I have high Hope's for ESB, but who in heavens name can even run a decent route tree in that WR corp?? They're all glorified TE's. I find myself hoping that Reggie Begelton can be some sort of savior for the group - how desperate is that??

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 09:51 PM
It might not be thee key, but it's certainly a key ingredient.

As is adding or subtracting FA's... where we did not improve either. I think Kirksey is probably better than Martinez, but Goodson with all his limitations was very much needed b/c Burks is a disaster as a football player.

Bulaga is better than Wagner, and Garvin is the replacement for Fackrell.

The only significant snaps unaccounted for is Traman Williams., who may be back.

Yes, we are hoping a bunch of guys make a jump, and that others maintain their high level of play. I have high Hope's for our secondary, Gary, and Keke - but we are woefully underpowered up front. If a street FA like Lancaster is your 2nd best DL, you have big issues on your DL, and Gute did exactly nothing for the line. To me, that's even more outrageous than doing nothing for the WR corp.

I have high Hope's for ESB, but who in heavens name can even run a decent route tree in that WR corp?? They're all glorified TE's. I find myself hoping that Reggie Begelton can be some sort of savior for the group - how desperate is that??

It’s pretty desperate and a question Rodgers will have to ask himself on what the direction is of this organization.

But yeah. Double Whammy with no help upfront on the DL after giving up a record rushing performance in playoffs. Gute/LaFluer’s answer is “we’re gonna run the hell out of the football too” and not addressing the real problems. Now there up at night and dreaming of being the Niners and basically trying to copy them.

Also, Kirksey I belive is an improvement too but he hasn’t been able to stay healthy for 3 years. That’s a problem.

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2020, 10:55 PM
At least we've got something to talk about in here now, lol. I think it's all gonna work out. And if it doesn't, who cares? It's just a game and there's always next year. Life is so rich.

mraynrand
04-27-2020, 11:26 PM
Rodgers will play this year and go thru the motions.

I guess he could pull a Favre, but it's a waste of a year.

mraynrand
04-27-2020, 11:28 PM

Running game should be improved. TE position should be much stronger and healthier. Funchess is a clear upgrade over Allison.

I expect the secondary to be improved with maturity.

Right now D line and ILB show no reason to think they will be improved. OLB should be outstanding.

wist43
04-28-2020, 06:13 PM
Running game should be improved.

Agreed, I expect marginal improvement. We were pretty good last year. I like Dillon a lot... reminds me of a bigger Dorsey Levens.

TE position should be much stronger and healthier. Funchess is a clear upgrade over Allison.

Don't agree with TE necessarily - it will be different, and Duhwho will be an H-Back. Funchess is a JAG. Biggest improvement needs to come from Lazard and ESB.

I expect the secondary to be improved with maturity.

Agreed.

Right now D line and ILB show no reason to think they will be improved. OLB should be outstanding.

I think Kirksey is better than Martinez.

GB-Brandon
04-28-2020, 08:06 PM
Kirksey is no doubt better then Martinez. The question is can he stay healthy.

pbmax
04-28-2020, 10:32 PM
Kirksey is no doubt better then Martinez. The question is can he stay healthy.

This, I agree with.

Zool
05-22-2020, 10:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eA633n_K3Q&feature=emb_logo

texaspackerbacker
05-22-2020, 01:34 PM
Martinez was never appreciated fully in Green Bay. I wouldn't be surprised if he does better in a different kind of D. As for the Packers, I hope Kirksey is better or even as good as Martinez. I'd say that's far from a sure thing even if he stays healthy, though.

How did this stuff get in the Dillon thread? Maybe give him a try at ILB hahahahaha.

George Cumby
05-22-2020, 03:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eA633n_K3Q&feature=emb_logo

Well-spoken young man. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

woodbuck27
05-23-2020, 05:12 PM
My questions are:

Is he more comfortable sitting on a lawn chair than working on lawncare?