PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Draft Day 3 Thread

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 07:53 AM
Packers are in full Flower Power mode, building the offense their coach dreamed of growing up. Today’s wish list includes an OT who can block
Like LEROOOOOOOY mJENKINS! No one on these boards will be happy except Mraynrand. Enjoy!

ThunderDan
04-25-2020, 08:02 AM
Well, I thought the first day was a shit show. Day two we made a shit sandwich and ate it.

How can day three by worse? I don’t even want to imagine it and can’t think of how it could be worse but I am waiting for the hammer to fall again.

Honestly, I think I am one of the more optimistic people on this board. I try to always look for the good in what is happening. This years draft has me scratching my head. Either Gute is a genius and has everyone fooled or he has is in way over his head.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 08:06 AM
The Vikings have an insane amount of picks today.

3 4th round picks
3 5th round picks
3 6th round picks
4 7th round picks

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 08:08 AM

3 4th round picks
3 5th round picks
3 6th round picks
4 7th round picks

I was thinking they will trade up and/or trade into next year. You just can’t evaluate that many kids in one (stunted) offseason.

ThunderDan
04-25-2020, 08:11 AM
I was thinking they will trade up and/or trade into next year. You just can’t evaluate that many kids in one (stunted) offseason.

It reminds me of TT’s first drafts. He would draft a ton of players and hope he found a diamond in the rough.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 08:11 AM

100% agree. Although I thought for sure they'd trade up in round 3 yet Ezra Cleveland fell to them with no move.

I'd even trade some of those picks for next years picks.

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 08:12 AM
It reminds me of TT’s first drafts. He would draft a ton of players and hope he found a diamond in the rough.

That’s was the right call when they were depleted like in 2005.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 09:14 AM
100% agree. Although I thought for sure they'd trade up in round 3 yet Ezra Cleveland fell to them with no move.

Heard there is a shot they may trade for the stud OT in Washington

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 09:14 AM

3 4th round picks
3 5th round picks
3 6th round picks
4 7th round picks

I'm jealous of your situation in the draft and GM who is killing it

Rastak
04-25-2020, 11:11 AM
Trent Williams to the 49ers.

Packers4Glory
04-25-2020, 11:24 AM
Fuckn perfect

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 11:28 AM

They took Cleveland in the 2nd, so he didn’t really fall to them. I thought it was a slight reach.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 11:30 AM
Not a good start. One of the ILBs and one of the OTs that would make sense for the Packers are gone. I’m out. Off to play tennis. :)

Rastak
04-25-2020, 11:30 AM
They took Cleveland in the 2nd, so he didn’t really fall to them. I thought it was a slight reach.

Lots of people had him with a 1st round grade but I think 2 is more realistic. High upside but not a finished product from everything I hear.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 11:50 AM
People were all over the map. I saw one with first round grade. Most with a 2nd or 3rd grade. I saw one with a 4th round grade.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 11:51 AM
People were all over the map. I saw one with first round grade. Most with a 2nd or 3rd grade. I saw one with a 4th round grade.

I did some more reading slight reach is fair.

Gotarace
04-25-2020, 12:01 PM

3 4th round picks
3 5th round picks
3 6th round picks
4 7th round picks

13 picks ...you can throw darts a bit in those last 2 rounds

Sparkey
04-25-2020, 12:38 PM
Some guys I like for day 3:
Jason Strowbridge
Bryce Hall
Troy Dye
Trishton Jackson
Hakeen Adeniji
Quartney Davis
James Proche
Kalija Limpscomb
Nick Coe
Freddie Swain

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:47 PM
Some guys I like for day 3:
Jason Strowbridge
Bryce Hall
Troy Dye
Trishton Jackson
Hakeen Adeniji
Quartney Davis
James Proche
Kalija Limpscomb
Nick Coe
Freddie Swain

Welcome back Sparkey!

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 12:50 PM
Long wait. This should give us extra time to bask in the Love selection.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 01:13 PM
Troy Dye was a good pick by the Vikes. Rebuilding their defense for sure.

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 01:16 PM
There goes Tyler, "Badass" to the Cowpunks with the last pick in R4.

Fritz
04-25-2020, 01:22 PM
Well, this draft has been a disappointment to me, and I know I won't have heard of any of the guys the Packers pick in these rounds anyway, so I'm out.

But that's how I felt when Ted drafted Nick Collins, so really, I don't know much. We'll just have to see.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:25 PM

I like Dye. STs early, and get him in as a big nickel or dime backer. Then as he fills out, he becomes a ft defender

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:28 PM
Rastak, I really believe you guys are in for a down year. I love your RB and I'm a bigger fan of Cousins than most. I like the scheme and the offense as a whole. I have strong doubts for that young, unproven, green defense though. Strong doubts. Bears got a lot better at QB. It's Packers/Bears imo. Detroit weak in trenches.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:30 PM

Yuppers

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:30 PM
Long wait. This should give us extra time to bask in the Love selection.

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE !!!

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:31 PM
That's a great pick by Dallas there

They just got Tyler Badass !!

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:33 PM
Packers defense has a whole group coming back together . There is some details and adjustments that you just can't nail down without a little experience, and ideally playing next to the same guys in the same scheme.

Vikings have a youth overhaul. There is a learning curve. I will bet against the Vikings this year

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:34 PM
I fucking love McCarthy. He started bossing around the whole building and had to go, but fuck, that guy is alpha as fuck :lol: A Pittsburgh bar fighting bad ass!

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:35 PM
Packers defense has a whole group coming back together . There is some details and adjustments that you just can't nail down without a little experience, and ideally playing next to the same guys in the same scheme.

Vikings have a youth overhaul. There is a learning curve. I will bet against the Vikings this year

Packers DL is subpar. Kenny Clark is amazing. Others need upgrades .......like our XFL Wide Receivers

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:36 PM
I fucking love McCarthy. He started bossing around the whole building and had to go, but fuck, that guy is alpha as fuck :lol: A Pittsburgh bar fighting bad ass!

I detest McCarthy now too because he pushed for Gutebag

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:36 PM
That's a great pick by Dallas there

They just got Tyler Badass !!

Dude, the first SF game I melted down. People had to go for walks because I was just becoming obnoxious. I totally get a good melt down! And it's hilarious, both as it's happening and in hindsight.

These are good times :lol:

We feel alive!

Rastak
04-25-2020, 01:37 PM
Rastak, I really believe you guys are in for a down year. I love your RB and I'm a bigger fan of Cousins than most. I like the scheme and the offense as a whole. I have strong doubts for that young, unproven, green defense though. Strong doubts. Bears got a lot better at QB. It's Packers/Bears imo. Detroit weak in trenches.

Not worried about the defense, it'
s Zimmer's forte. I am concerned with so many new players coming in no offseason may indeed spell a down year for the purple.

Bretsky
Alive and healthy ....at least today....llol

Over Under in Vegas for Packer wins is 9.5. I think they get more if AROD stays healthy

RashanGary
The most beautiful thing about McCarthy is his little macho fat headed kids. That guy is just pure alpha testosterone driven energy :lol:

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 01:38 PM
I'll always be thankful for McCarthy's, "Mission Statement" when he was hired by the Packers. It was an absolute thing of beauty! Lol!

*THE FOUNDATION FOR THE NEW DIRECTION OF THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WILL BE CONSTRUCTED WITH THREE KEY COMPONENTS OF OBTAINING "PACKER PEOPLE," CREATING "STABLE STRUCTURE" AND CONCENTRATING ON "CHARACTER AND CHEMISTRY." A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT WILL BE CREATED WITH "LEADERSHIP" THAT KEEPS ITS EYE ON THE TARGET OF ESTABLISHING A CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL TEAM. THE DIRECTION WILL BE FUELED WITH CONSTANT COMMUNICATION TO ENSURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD. WE WILL ATTACK THE VOYAGE WITH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO OVERCOME THE OBSTACLES THAT WE WILL ENCOUNTER.

THIS VISION IS ENHANCED WITH RESOURCES AND TRADITION THAT STANDS IN THE FOREFRONT OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS.
I AM HONORED AND PRIVILEGED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ON A NEW JOURNEY BACK TO THE PINNACLE THAT BEARS THE NAME OF "COACH LOMBARDI."*

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:40 PM
Not worried about the defense, it'
s Zimmer's forte. I am concerned with so many new players coming in no offseason may indeed spell a down year for the purple.

I ain't even talking shit, man. You guys have amazing fans and I LOVE the northerner culture that gravitates to that team. I'm from the north, UP Michigan and I love my culture. So I like you guys. We have down years too. I enjoy the growth and building during those years, abd the way the team stays together through adversity. It's still a great year.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:41 PM
DAMMIT, too many of my found 6 picks are coming off the board in round 5

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:42 PM
I'll always be thankful for McCarthy's, "Mission Statement" when he was hired by the Packers. It was an absolute thing of beauty! Lol!

*THE FOUNDATION FOR THE NEW DIRECTION OF THE GREEN BAY PACKERS WILL BE CONSTRUCTED WITH THREE KEY COMPONENTS OF OBTAINING "PACKER PEOPLE," CREATING "STABLE STRUCTURE" AND CONCENTRATING ON "CHARACTER AND CHEMISTRY." A POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT WILL BE CREATED WITH "LEADERSHIP" THAT KEEPS ITS EYE ON THE TARGET OF ESTABLISHING A CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL TEAM. THE DIRECTION WILL BE FUELED WITH CONSTANT COMMUNICATION TO ENSURE EVERYONE IS ON BOARD. WE WILL ATTACK THE VOYAGE WITH ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM TO OVERCOME THE OBSTACLES THAT WE WILL ENCOUNTER.

THIS VISION IS ENHANCED WITH RESOURCES AND TRADITION THAT STANDS IN THE FOREFRONT OF PROFESSIONAL SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS.
I AM HONORED AND PRIVILEGED FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAD THE GREEN BAY PACKERS ON A NEW JOURNEY BACK TO THE PINNACLE THAT BEARS THE NAME OF "COACH LOMBARDI."*

Really awesome dude. He couldn't get out of his own way with that Pittsburgh brawler energy, but he's a great dude, a great coach and I learned a lot from him!

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 01:44 PM
I never minded his, "macho" energy at all. It was just entertaining when it got ahead of his mouth and he'd come out with some pretty funny statements.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 01:55 PM
I ain't even talking shit, man. You guys have amazing fans and I LOVE the northerner culture that gravitates to that team. I'm from the north, UP Michigan and I love my culture. So I like you guys. We have down years too. I enjoy the growth and building during those years, abd the way the team stays together through adversity. It's still a great year.

I've never been to the UP but it looks like a really nice region, although cold as shit I would guess.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:55 PM
I never minded his, "macho" energy at all. It was just entertaining when it got ahead of his mouth and he'd come out with some pretty funny statements.

Great leader. MLF is totally different. Empowers others to lead. Works if you have good people. McCarthy could whip a bad apple or two into shape. MLF I dunno. But if you have good people, they're gonna play with passion cuz they're empowered!

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:57 PM
I've never been to the UP but it looks like a really nice region, although cold as shit I would guess.

Similar to northern Minnesota. I looked at historic records. Sweeds, Norwegians and Finn's were like 80% of the old census. Same accent as norther minny and Montana. Sound like the movie Fargo. Same culture.

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 01:58 PM
Great leader. MLF is totally different. Empowers others to lead. Works if you have good people. McCarthy could whip a bad apple or two into shape. MLF I dunno. But if you have good people, they're gonna play with passion cuz they're empowered!

M3 is a Gen X leader.

M4 a Millenial.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 01:59 PM
My home town of iron mountain is 10 degrees colder than green Bay on average. Go a little north of where I'm from and it drops another 5-10. Tons of lake affect snow just north of me. So 10-20 degrees colder than green bay. Definite northern culture in every way.

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 02:01 PM
Always loved ski trips to the UP.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 02:02 PM
M3 is a Gen X leader.

M4 a Millenial.

Yeah.... Might end up being a good cultural change for the times. Takes nothing away from M3s accomplishmebts.

MM softened some of his stuff in Dallas. You can see that year off gave him time to evaluate his approach for the times. He's going to succeed. I'll always bet on that guy

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 02:04 PM
Always loved ski trips to the UP.

Brule? Pine Mountain?

There is a tiny little redneck hill where a poor country kid could ski all year for $100. No one knows it exists. Three runs. Only tow ropes. Keyes peak. I was there all winter long. Lots of dangerous redneck shit went on there

LEWCWA
04-25-2020, 02:05 PM
Will they take Cephus if he is still available?

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 02:05 PM
MOTH'R FKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 02:06 PM
Will they take Cephus if he is still available?

Gutebag is too smart to take a smash mouth player like Cephus because his RAS isn't high enough. He'd rather draft guys with measurables regardless of production.

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2020, 02:08 PM
7 more picks to sweat out. I want Quez Watkins.

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Cephus to the Loins and Fromm to the Bills... The dream is dead Bretsky...

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 02:12 PM
Brule? Pine Mountain?

There is a tiny little redneck hill where a poor country kid could ski all year for $100. No one knows it exists. Three runs. Only tow ropes. Keyes peak. I was there all winter long. Lots of dangerous redneck shit went on there

Indian head, Black Jack, Powder Mountain(?).

Cold and lots of snow.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 02:14 PM
Vikings grabbed another corner after dishing off their earlier 5th to the Bears for a 4th next year.

LEWCWA
04-25-2020, 02:17 PM
I would much rather have the CB taken by the dolphins in r1 and Fromm in rd 4 than Love....I really liked Fromm a few years ago, haven't seen much of him lately....I think he would have been the perfect guy to sit behind Rodgers for a few years.....I will deny this if Love turns into Mahomes.....:-P:-P

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 02:20 PM
Cephus to the Loins and Fromm to the Bills... The dream is dead Bretsky...

The dream is DEAD

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 02:21 PM
7 more picks to sweat out. I want Quez Watkins.

How is his RAS ?

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 02:22 PM
JASON HUNTLEY TO THE LIONS

CEPHUS TO THE LIONS

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 02:23 PM
I would much rather have the CB taken by the dolphins in r1 and Fromm in rd 4 than Love....I really liked Fromm a few years ago, haven't seen much of him lately....I think he would have been the perfect guy to sit behind Rodgers for a few years.....I will deny this if Love turns into Mahomes.....:-P:-P

I think Fromm would have been perfect for our situation. Kid was really poised and played lights out as a true FR and then stayed pretty steady throughout his career. Some may look at him as more of a, "Game Manager" but if you want to rely on a power running game he might be good enough for that situation. Hell, if Trent frickin' Dilfer and Brad Johnson can win Super Bowls anything is possible. If Fromm didn't pan out you didn't have a lot of capital invested in him with a 4th-5th RD pick.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 02:26 PM
All these WR's went higher, for the most part, than many were projecting in terms of the rounds. In today's NFL you have to have a diverse set of WR's. Everybody, almost, sees that

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:28 PM
You gonna get your WR right now pendejos.

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 02:28 PM
Yea...can't wait...

Rastak
04-25-2020, 02:29 PM

I figured a 3rd string QB El Jefe.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:30 PM
I figured a 3rd string QB El Jefe.Maybe a slash guy??? Hahah!

red
04-25-2020, 02:31 PM
We draft a kicker yet?

Or long snapper?

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 02:31 PM
well we got a honorable mention all Beg Ten guy

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:32 PM
WR or ILB either one works. For all the complaining about the actual players picked it does seem like team need are being addressed.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
·
14s
Vikings are taking Miami receiver K.J. Osborn with the 176th pick, their final in the fifth round. I had him in a couple of my mock drafts.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 02:33 PM
Someone needs to drug test Gute and put him into rehab.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 02:34 PM

Really Huh?

Rastak
04-25-2020, 02:36 PM
Really Huh?

Don't get smart with El Presidente. Besides, you got a Gopher, you should be excited! I supposed egging you on might not be the smartest thing today.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 02:37 PM
Kamal Martin. We'll see. 5th round flyer on a guy who didn't test but looked good in his injury shortened senior year.

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 02:37 PM
Don't get smart with El Presidente. Besides, you got a Gopher, you should be excited! I supposed egging you on might not be the smartest thing today.

What’s your take on Martin, Ras?

Rastak
04-25-2020, 02:40 PM
What’s your take on Martin, Ras?

I don't have much insight unfortunately. Didn't watch much college football last year, even the Gophs. He can tackle but not super great in coverage is all I know from the few games I watched. All depends on the coaching I guess.

esoxx
04-25-2020, 02:41 PM
Kamal toe Martin is now a Packer. Wonder if he played any WR in his past, maybe convert him.

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 02:42 PM
Welp.

Gotarace
04-25-2020, 02:44 PM
Kamal Martin from gopher SB nation
Positives:
Good upper-body turn to slip blocks
Good closing speed to tackle
Late punch and slide to play off blocks
Will fill and spill runners into teammates’ grasp
Unflinching and wide-eyed in the hole
Accurate target points to finish as tackler
Weaknesses:
Slow to diagnose plays
Doesn’t play with enough knee bend
Lateral movement and change of direction is a little tight
Lacks feel for blocking schemes and optimal entry point
Plays under the block, taking himself out of contention
Coverage movement in space is a little labored

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 02:45 PM
Its another Fucken Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Porche was sitting right there. Best hands in the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJR5BqC2H7w&feature=share

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:47 PM
Really Huh?Hey mfer I was correct on the first pick. Jordan Love. Not sure if you heard about him. Word is he is to replace Rodgers..

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:48 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJR5BqC2H7w&feature=shareIm gonna side with you on this one. Dude did seem like the right one.

Gotarace
04-25-2020, 02:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJR5BqC2H7w&feature=share
Apparently Gute thinks were sitting fat at wide receiver...would have loved to see a Porche in the Garage.

Fritz
04-25-2020, 02:51 PM
Kamal toe Martin is now a Packer. Wonder if he played any WR in his past, maybe convert him.

Kamal Toe Martin - Okay, best post in the last three days.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 02:51 PM
The name alone would have been worth it.:

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 02:55 PM

/Thread

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2020, 03:02 PM
Best Available

OT Prince Tega Wanogho
WR Donovan Peoples-Jones
WR Quartney Davis
TE Thaddeus Moss
WR Isaiah Hodgins
DT Raequan Williams
WR Aaron Parker
WR Quez Watkins
Edge Nick Coe

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:04 PM
People Jones is a gutebag pick for sure. Thanks for teeing it up the last couple months, nutz

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:04 PM
Jmon moore #2

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2020, 03:05 PM
You can add that Porche fella to the list as well

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 03:06 PM
I can’t believe I’m saying this. I miss Ted Thompson.

This is just brutal.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2020, 03:06 PM
People Jones is a gutebag pick for sure. Thanks for teeing it up the last couple months, nutz

The Browns took a chance on him

Packers4Glory
04-25-2020, 03:12 PM
So we drafted a guy many projected as aN undrafted FA signing.

This is getting better by the round

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:13 PM
I just want to fall asleep and not wake up.

jklowan
04-25-2020, 03:13 PM
If we come away with Price, porche, AJ Green or Quez in the round I may be okay with this round

jklowan
04-25-2020, 03:14 PM
did orr get drafted?

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2020, 03:15 PM
I still want Watkins.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:15 PM
I still want Watkins.

I want to die. It's over

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 03:16 PM
Hey mfer I was correct on the first pick. Jordan Love. Not sure if you heard about him. Word is he is to replace Rodgers..

Well enjoy the losing that comes with “Love”

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 03:17 PM
I can’t believe I’m saying this. I miss Ted Thompson.

This is just brutal.

lol. I love Packerrats. 😀

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 03:17 PM
I still want Watkins.

It makes sense why we won’t get him with the massive rebuild that’s going on. They want to rebuild some of the guts first before they get any shiny new pieces. That will probably be 2022.

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2020, 03:23 PM
Runyan, positional flexibility, just not all that athletic but maybe that doesn't matter.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:29 PM
lol. I love Packerrats. 😀

How can anyone with even a shade of darkness in their soul not enjoy this moment

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2020, 03:29 PM
It makes sense why we won’t get him with the massive rebuild that’s going on. They want to rebuild some of the guts first before they get any shiny new pieces. That will probably be 2022.

Get off that rebuilding idiocy. Runyan is a good pick, though. Really the only one yet I halfway like.

Iron Mike
04-25-2020, 03:30 PM
My home town of iron mountain is 10 degrees colder than green Bay on average. Go a little north of where I'm from and it drops another 5-10. Tons of lake affect snow just north of me. So 10-20 degrees colder than green bay. Definite northern culture in every way.

My Great-Grandfather had a step-brother that owned a grocery store in Niagara. I haven't been up there in quite a while, though. Was Lawry's the local pasty shop??

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:30 PM

How in the flying fuck do you consider a flex TE/move blocker and a specialty running back guts. Are you retarded?

texaspackerbacker
04-25-2020, 03:32 PM
Did we just pick up this #29 pick in the 6th? If so, how? I didn't notice we had the twofer 29 & 30 when I looked yesterday.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:32 PM
My Great-Grandfather had a step-brother that owned a grocery store in Niagara. I haven't been up there in quite a while, though. Was Lawry's the local pasty shop??

Live in GB now. We always and still make our own pastys. My family, dad's side, is from Aurora. Spent my first 8 years on the farm

smuggler
04-25-2020, 03:34 PM
Did we just pick up this #29 pick in the 6th? If so, how? I didn't notice we had the twofer when I looked yesterday.

We've had the three 6th rounders for a hot minute.

Rastak
04-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Live in GB now. We always and still make our own pastys. My family, dad's side, is from Aurora. Spent my first 8 years on the farm

I believe Pastys originated in Cornwall England.

Wives made it for the miners. I have a board game called "Tinners Trail" where one option on your turn is to "create pastys".

Gotarace
04-25-2020, 03:37 PM
How in the flying fuck do you consider a flex TE/move blocker and a specialty running back guts. Are you retarded?
Maybe because they were both drafted completely above where the should have been picked and neither was a need. Best Wide receiver draft in years and we pick this horseshit. Not drinking the Kool Aid with this draft so far.

Iron Mike
04-25-2020, 03:37 PM
So we drafted a guy many projected as aN undrafted FA signing.

This is getting better by the round

At least we're past the point of Shermanating two punters on the roster....

jklowan
04-25-2020, 03:40 PM
quez gone and proche

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:41 PM
Maybe because they were both drafted completely above where the should have been picked and neither was a need. Best Wide receiver draft in years and we pick this horseshit. Not drinking the Kool Aid with this draft so far.

Lazard looks like a solid player. He blocks and catches. Funchess is better than MVS. And we still have MVS and EQ. It's not that bad if you can run the ball. Would you want to trade WRs with the Giants?

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:42 PM
Guts are OTs, guards, DL and pass rushers. Guts aren't skill players, especially not specialty ones . Fuck.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:43 PM
The Packers are evolving from a generational QB in his prime to a team that highlights his current best skill, his game management.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 03:48 PM
I'm a huge fan of the Giants last two years. They hit a grand slam with last year's DT who balled out (Dexter Williams) AND the QB Jones.

They added three corners last year who will improve in their second seasons in that scheme.

They traded for Leonard Williams, who fits nice next to Dexter.

They added Blake, who's a real good fit next to Jabril Peppers at ILB.

Drafted an NFL ready and steady safety. Bama guy, similar physical skillset to haha, but smart and plays everywhere. QB of defense kinda guy.

This year they got the top OT in the draft, a guy who's a pretty sure bet to be good. They can shuffle that line around and get a better 5 this year.

Engram and Barkley are nice skill players to build around.

Giants gonna take a big jump. Rookie QB deal too

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:01 PM
HA; I think I just got 12 points in the PR Draft contest.

The draft might f'ckin suck, but I have never hit double digits before !!

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:02 PM
Free AROD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2020, 04:03 PM
This draft wouldn't be complete without the Packers drafting a center

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:04 PM
HOLY CRAP; WE'RE DRAFTING A WHOLE NEW STARTING OL !!!!!!!!!

ThunderDan
04-25-2020, 04:04 PM
So, does Gute really think that we are set at WR? If he does he is crazy.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:05 PM
This draft wouldn't be complete without the Packers drafting a center

Really thought we'd get Peoples Jones for sure

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 04:05 PM
Hope this Indiana OT works out a little better than the last one.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:06 PM
So, does Gute really think that we are set at WR? If he does he is crazy.

Gutebag is F'cking Crazy

Round 2.....wow.....dude it just sitting there and everybody knows the Jets are taking him 2 picks ahead of us. And he just picks his nuts and lets it happen...lol

Deputy Nutz
04-25-2020, 04:06 PM
3 offensive linemen in the 6th round, that might be a record. One defensive pick in this whole draft, looks like Brandon got his wish with how the Packers attack this draft.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:08 PM
3 offensive linemen in the 6th round, that might be a record. One defensive pick in this whole draft, looks like Brandon got his wish with how the Packers attack this draft.

I sense sarcasm Nutz

I don't think Gutebag thinks we're rebuilding; I just think he's overvalues what we have...to be nice about it.

Thank God for Free Agency !!!!!!!!

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:09 PM
We came in wanting to get finess and speed on offense. Gute picked a couple filthy rednecks who enjoy pain.

Welp, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. Might be fun to see some brawls though. Might even be effective.

As far as day 3, our OL is solid, but keep digging. They age.

Tony Oday
04-25-2020, 04:09 PM
I like the draft so far.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:11 PM
I just mowed the loan; are any WR's in your tiers left Nutz ?

The RAVENS...HOLY SHIT......just listened to an interview with Harbaugh that was really interesting. He was fist pumping yesterday. They targeted three players in the 3rd round and he said strategically he thought he needed to take Devernay first because a few teams right behind him he thought were still looking for WR's.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:11 PM
If I had to summarize this circus, I would say, the fans wanted finess passing offense and gute didn't. It's his job. We'll see if filth Trump's finess on the gridiron.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:12 PM
We came in wanting to get finess and speed on offense. Gute picked a couple filthy rednecks who enjoy pain.

Welp, it's gonna be what it's gonna be. Might be fun to see some brawls though. Might even be effective.

As far as day 3, our OL is solid, but keep digging. They age.

Isn't our C's contract coming due soon ? WE've got insurance policies all over if players leave for more money. C, OG, RB all covered it appears

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:13 PM
If I had to summarize this circus, I would say, the fans wanted finess passing offense and gute didn't. It's his job. We'll see if filth Trump's finess on the gridiron.

I tend to agree with Harv's analysis. Gute was outfoxed this weekend. By San Fran to start, and others. He's can't be that incompetent regarding our WR's

RashanGary
Lazard is a dirty bastard
Sternberger was surprisingly dirty
This new move blocker is a real piece of shit
The running back is a son of a bitch

Who knows, it might be a good time, guys.

Bretsky
Lazard is a dirty bastard
Sternberger was surprisingly dirty
This new move blocker is a real piece of shit
The running back is a son of a bitch

Who knows, it might be a good time, guys.

Who is the lineman who is a piece of shit ? Runyan ??

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:15 PM
You guys all wanted to make love and gutes picking sluts who rub their dirty pussys down his face

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:16 PM
Fucking RashanGary was watching too much draft and forgot to take his meds.

RashanGary
Gute is a sick degenerate bastard. I like him.

Bretsky
Eagles did everybody I wanted GB to do

Deputy Nutz
I just mowed the loan; are any WR's in your tiers left Nutz ?

The RAVENS...HOLY SHIT......just listened to an interview with Harbaugh that was really interesting. He was fist pumping yesterday. They targeted three players in the 3rd round and he said strategically he thought he needed to take Devernay first because a few teams right behind him he thought were still looking for WR's.

Quentin Davis from Texas A&M, only guy left in my tiers.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:17 PM
You guys all wanted to make love and gutes picking sluts who rub their dirty pussys down his faceThats what Bretsky would pick.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:17 PM
AND the Eagles traded basically nothing for Marquis Goodwin

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:18 PM
Thats what Bretsky would pick.

You got that right !!! haha....as long as they're hotchix....

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:19 PM
Gute goes to work without washing the pussy off his face for motivation. I like this guy.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:20 PM
Thats what Bretsky would pick.

I know, I can't believe B's reaction to dirty football.

wist43
04-25-2020, 04:21 PM
HOLY CRAP; WE'RE DRAFTING A WHOLE NEW STARTING OL !!!!!!!!!

Backup/Practice squad OL

Jordan Love needs to get reps on the scout team with our 2024 starting OL

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:22 PM
Isaiah Hodgins

Really surprised we passed on him in round 6. Or did he go before us ?

esoxx
I tend to agree with Harv's analysis. Gute was outfoxed this weekend. By San Fran to start, and others. He's can't be that incompetent regarding our WR's

Well, Gute also thinks the Northwestern boys are just fine, no worries there he said in interview shortly after Championship Game debacle. I thought it was just GM speak to not show his hand but now I think he believes it. Same with our motley crew of receivers 'we're good there "

MadtownPacker
I know, I can't believe B's reaction to dirty football.Pretty sure he had to change his Fruit of the Looms after that visual.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:23 PM
Aaron Rodgers has developed a sick enjoyment of abusive behavior too. Every dirty play his guys made last year, ARs eyes lit up like a toddler psychopaths first experience with fire. This might be a good time, guys.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:25 PM
Well, Gute also thinks the Northwestern boys are just fine, no worries there he said in interview shortly after Championship Game debacle. I thought it was just GM speak to not show his hand but now I think he believes it. Same with our motley crew of receivers 'we're good there "

How would be boy Eliott look now ? lol

HarveyWallbangers

I had a night to think about to try to figure out what they are doing. The noise about being in rebuilding mode is non-sense. I think this draft is a reflection of their two games against SF last year. SF has a tremendous pass rush and lots of speed on defense. Other than having the best QB and best and fastest receiving corps in the league (KC), the best way to attack them is to pound it on them. This draft was about getting a second TE that can both run block and be a receiving threat (two TEs will be the staple) and an RB that can pound the rock and wear down the SF defense. Then, they drafted a bunch of nasty OL.

Runyan is a good fit for the Packers. Despite being 6'4", I think he has a chance of at least being able to kick out to OT. His arms aren't that short at 33 1/4". That's longer than Ezra Cleveand, Ben Bartch, Jack Driscoll, and Saahdig Charles--and close to Josh Jones and Prince Tega.

MadtownPacker
Aaron Rodgers has developed a sick enjoyment of abusive behavior too. Every dirty play his guys made last year, ARs eyes lit up like a toddler psychopaths first experience with fire. This might be a good time, guys.After the smack down he got at times who wouldn’t. Eye lighting up are way better than rolling.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:26 PM
I had a night to think about to try to figure out what they are doing. The noise about being in rebuilding mode is non-sense. I think this draft is a reflection of their two games against SF last year. SF has a tremendous pass rush and lots of speed on defense. Other than have the best QB and receiving corps in the league (KC), the best way to attack them is to pound it on them. This draft was about getting a second TE that can both run block and be a receiving threat and an RB that can pound the rock and where down the SF defense. Then, they drafted a bunch of nasty OL.

Runyan is a good fit for the Packers. Despite being 6'4", I think he has a chance of at least being able to kick out to OT. His arms aren't that short at 33 1/4". That's longer than Ezra Cleveand, Ben Bartch, Jack Driscoll, and Saahdig Charles--and close to Josh Jones and Prince Tega.That took you all night? I already said all this is from getting punched in the mouth by SF 2x.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:27 PM
The only thing Gute could do to make me respect his dark soul more is to trade Rodgers and sign Phillip Rivers. Rivers is the kind of son of a bitch that would make Billy the kid proud. But AR is close. We'll be ok.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 04:28 PM
WR Quartney Davis, K.J. Hill or a couple of sleepers with speed (Josh Pearson and Stephen Guidry)

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 04:30 PM
That took you all night? I already said all this is from getting punched in the mouth by SF 2x.

You are on my ignore list, so I didn't see your wisdom.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:30 PM
That took you all night? I already said all this is from getting punched in the mouth by SF 2x.

Rednecks think different. Mexican, black, white, I always click best with ruffians. Gute is a ruffian.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Carter Coughlin has a lot of things to like. Wonder if he can transition to ILB.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:34 PM
The only thing Gute could do to make me respect his dark soul more is to trade Rodgers and sign Phillip Rivers. Rivers is the kind of son of a bitch that would make Billy the kid proud. But AR is close. We'll be ok.

Rivers is already signed

I would be fine with them trading AROD.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 04:36 PM
DL Raequan Williams, Nick Coe
EDGE Derrek Tuszka, Casey Toohill
CB Dane Jackson, Lamar Jackson, A.J. Green are some bigger CBs left
S J.R. Reed looks like value

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Carter Coughlin has a lot of things to like. Wonder if he can transition to ILB.

I agree; I like our late picks better then our earlier ones..lol.....but I wish we'd have nabbed a WR instead of the Indy OL

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 04:39 PM
Rivers is already signed

I would be fine with them trading AROD.

I don't want them trading ARod until it's a different regime doing the drafting. Why piss all of those picks away too?

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:39 PM
Every player picked, including the QB are gritty and dirty. This is a unique draft for Green Bay. Curious to see it play out.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:40 PM
No more Midwest nice guys in Green Bay. New era.

Packers4Glory
04-25-2020, 04:41 PM

I was 100% the same. I wanted Elliot & Josh McDaniels.

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 04:43 PM
Maybe the Packers should change their stadium song from Rundgren's, "Bang on the Drum All Day" to Alice Cooper's, "No More Mr. Nice Guy". (I think they still play Rundgren's song all the time?)

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:45 PM
You are on my ignore list, so I didn't see your wisdom.Ignore list huh? Woody and Radagast use that feature too!

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Raven's are killing it. Picked up Proche right in front of us in R6 and now got S Geno Stone from Iowa in R7. Stone is a good underrated football player.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 04:55 PM
Raven's are killing it. Picked up Proche right in front of us in R6 and now got S Geno Stone from Iowa in R7. Stone is a good underrated football player.

I don't think Stone's skill translates to the NFL. Not many really short (5'10") and slow (4.62) safeties make it in the NFL. Good college player though. Maybe specials teams demon?

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 04:56 PM
Ignore list huh? Woody and Radagast use that feature too!

:)

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:57 PM
The clips they showed looked good for Proche. Kinda WR Rodgers could have made famous.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:58 PM
I was 100% the same. I wanted Elliot & Josh McDaniels.Whats up. You’re gonna have to update that avatar soon.

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 05:00 PM
I don't think Stone's skill translates to the NFL. Not many really short (5'10") and slow (4.62) safeties make it in the NFL. Good college player though. Maybe specials teams demon?

Stone isn't fast enough to ever play single high S but he has good instincts and anticipation that allows him to play faster than his timed speed. He's a pretty good tackler in space too.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:01 PM
You think our draft is bad. Chicago just drafted back-to-back OGs that I've never heard of. I liked the Jaylon Johnson and Trevis Gipson picks, but the rest was a disaster.

For Minnesota Justin Jefferson was a no brainer, Jeff Gladney was solid, and I really liked the Troy Dye pick. Outside of Harrison Hand, they took a lot of productive college players without great traits.

I think Detroit had a really solid draft.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:02 PM
The clips they showed looked good for Proche. Kinda WR Rodgers could have made famous.

I think Brandon Aiyuk, Bryan Edwards, Van Jefferson, and Proche were guys that Rodgers would have worked well with.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 05:09 PM
Yeah Niners fans are salivating over Aiyuk and their draft in general. Has a the rich getting richer feel to it.

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 05:11 PM
I didn't see a lot of Aiyuk's games but he looked like the real deal in the games I did see. Made some incredible catches of contested balls and went after them hard.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 05:12 PM
Pick the other Davis twin.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:12 PM
I like the Markus Bailey, Carter Coughlin, and Casey Toohill picks in round 7.

I saw the QB from James Madison play against North Dakota State a couple of times. I thought he kind of sucked.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 05:17 PM
Vernon Scott made a lot of plays and had a lot of responsibility. Some of those guys (chandon Sullivan) find a way to help.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:17 PM
We're going Tennessee style with a lot of two TEs, thunder and lightning in the backfield, lots of running the ball and play action. Rodgers will be a good game manager. :)

I'm going to give MLF the benefit of the doubt after going 13-3 last year. I'm assuming the personnel better fits what he wants to do now. Got the big bruising RB and two TEs that can catch and block.

New England's drafts are always filled with head scratchers that work out. Maybe in five years we'll think the same about MLF and Gutey.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:18 PM
Pick the other Davis twin.

Both got picked already.

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 05:20 PM
Vernon Scott made a lot of plays and had a lot of responsibility. Some of those guys (chandon Sullivan) find a way to help.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article241480981.html

"He had a top 30 visit with the Green Bay Packers scheduled before the pandemic canceled that trip."

==========

“We played a lot of man coverage and I feel I’m one of the best cover safeties in college football,” Scott said. “Playing weak safety at TCU is one of the hardest and most challenging positions. You have to make a lot of calls and you have to be a good athlete. We go down in the box in certain coverages. It’s challenging, but also very rewarding because you can make a lot of plays.”

Has some confidence.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 05:25 PM
It’s pretty obvious they wanna play Wisconsin Badger style “Smash Mouth”

I have no problem with that but they could of used that 1st round pick to get a playmaker weapon or two if they had traded back. Instead they reached on a guy which I believe was at the wrong time.

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 05:25 PM
DL at 242.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 05:26 PM
Both got picked already.thats too bad. I like the bit about them having a fridge in their bedroom cuz they ate so much.

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 05:28 PM
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jonathan-garvin?id=32194741-5273-1639-14f1-ac687272b120

More of an OLB it looks like. 6-4, 263. 5.5 sacks last year.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:29 PM
Garvin isn't a bad flyer. Replenishes the depth at OLB after the Smiths and Gary. Good value. Never heard of Vernon Scott.

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 05:29 PM
Garvin was nicknamed "Spider" for his length and agility, both of which were on display regularly to Miami opponents in 2018. He started all 13 games that year, racking up 17 tackles for loss and 5.5 sacks with 60 total stops. Garvin also broke up five passes and recovered two fumbles on the year. He made plays as a junior, starting 11 of 12 games played and posting 37 tackles, nine for loss, five sacks and two forced fumbles. He decided to sit out the team's bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft. The four-star recruit from Lake Worth, Florida, contributed as a true freshman, recording nine tackles (three for loss, two sacks) in 13 appearances as a reserve.

Traits-based edge defender capable of playing 4-3 end or 3-4 rush linebacker. Garvin's strong 2018 was followed up with inconsistent effort and an inability to stamp his presence on games with much consistency. He gains depth upfield quickly and is fairly natural at defeating the punch and flipping the corner. Pressures are nice, but sack-makers get paid and that won't happen unless he cranks up the effort and plays to his traits and potential. Garvin has Day 2 talent, but may not go until Day 3. However, there might be gold to mine if a coach can get it out of him.

-- NFL.com

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:30 PM
Duplicate

Joemailman
04-25-2020, 05:30 PM

Hasn't he been having trouble holding down a job?

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2020, 05:34 PM
Eagles and Niners are clearly the NFC front runners in my opinion. Nobody on the Packers can catch up with three different eagles. How can you match up with that??

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 05:47 PM
Hasn't he been having trouble holding down a job?

Honestly I don't even know if he's working; but I'd throw Gutebag out the window (right after Murphy) and give him one if I could :)

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 05:48 PM
Eagles and Niners are clearly the NFC front runners in my opinion. Nobody on the Packers can catch up with three different eagles. How can you match up with that??

I would be adding the Saints as well.

pbmax
04-25-2020, 05:58 PM

Yep.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 06:12 PM
Championship Game to REBUILD!

Teamcheez1
04-25-2020, 06:37 PM
So many forum members posting from their parent’s basement this weekend. For the majority of you, I would suggest you get back to Fortnite or Call of Duty instead of trying to offer coherent postings on the draft.

Zool
04-25-2020, 07:25 PM
Championship Game to REBUILD!

Hey, guy. We get it.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 07:38 PM
No more Midwest nice guys in Green Bay. New era.

Didn't they draft a OT from Indiana ? He was a push IMO but I like the Center from Oregon as well as Runyan

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 07:45 PM
Bring black Veldheer and Tramon.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 07:54 PM

FOR SURE......and maybe........Terrell Owens..... J/K

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 07:55 PM
Didn't they draft a OT from Indiana ? He was a push IMO but I like the Center from Oregon as well as Runyan

And the way Jones slipped. Nobody likes to take guys from schools that dont run NFL line play

Guiness
04-25-2020, 08:26 PM

I read somewhere else that next year's picks are being devalued because they don't know what sort of a college season to expect and it might end up being much more like throwing a dart into a dark room where there might not even be a dart board than it usually is!

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 08:47 PM
We're going Tennessee style with a lot of two TEs, thunder and lightning in the backfield, lots of running the ball and play action. Rodgers will be a good game manager. :)

I'm going to give MLF the benefit of the doubt after going 13-3 last year. I'm assuming the personnel better fits what he wants to do now. Got the big bruising RB and two TEs that can catch and block.

New England's drafts are always filled with head scratchers that work out. Maybe in five years we'll think the same about MLF and Gutey.

Do you remember LaFluer getting up there at his post-season presser and saying “Next Season will present a whole new set challenges then this season” over and over again. That statement is obviously true but you have to believe this plan was already in place then.

This is going to be total boom or bust. Your basically changing the entire philosophy of the franchise from an offensive end that has been successful for a long time. This is gonna take more then a year or two along with sacrificing the last of Rodgers career in Green Bay and Super Bowl runs. It has to make people wonder if LaFluer was the right guy for the remainder of Rodgers career.

Yes, that 13-3 will buy him and Gute some time but we’ll see how patient the faithful is when this thing goes completely south. The Love over Rodgers thing is not popular overall and in fact very painful for some. Rodgers made Thompson look good rather quickly once given the opportunity. I’m not certain Aaron Rodgers now is gonna wanna go through a rebuild at his age. If they can’t get it out of the gate fast it will collapse very quickly right on top of them.

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2020, 08:54 PM
I mean if the RB is Eddie Lacy and one of the guards is Josh Sitton all is forgiven, right? So maybe shut yappin' for a little bit and let it play out.

All that said, my preference is players from football factory schools so it always frustrates me when they go for lesser school candidates. Call_me_ozzie_newsome, I guess.

Interesting quip unrelated to anything in this thread. Look who's still listed as #2 in the Packers FO.
https://www.packers.com/team/front-office-roster/

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 09:13 PM
Trent Williams to the 49ers.

See, thats how you win Super Bowls fools. Lol

While We’re busy drafting back up QB’s and H-Backs

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 09:15 PM

Well you said in WR thread leading up to draft that If we didn’t address receiver position by 3-4th round you would be “very worried”

So now what? Did the Jordan Love pick remove that worry? Or was it the elite H-back?

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 10:01 PM
This is going to be total boom or bust. Your basically changing the entire philosophy of the franchise from an offensive end that has been successful for a long time. This is gonna take more then a year or two along with sacrificing the last of Rodgers career in Green Bay and Super Bowl runs. It has to make people wonder if LaFluer was the right guy for the remainder of Rodgers career.

It's weird how bringing in a new coach with a different offensive philosophy will do that. Maybe Rodgers and his fantastic brain can manage to adapt and be wildly productive in an offense that should prolong his career. Or maybe he's really not all that smart and can't figure it out. Or he's a spoiled prima donna. I guess we'll find out.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 10:05 PM
It's weird how bringing in a new coach with a different offensive philosophy will do that. Maybe Rodgers and his fantastic brain can manage to adapt and be wildly productive in an offense that should prolong his career. Or maybe he's really not all that smart and can't figure it out. Or he's a spoiled prima donna. I guess we'll find out.

Well i believe a lot of people are gonna miss that “prima Donna” sooner then later.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 10:09 PM
I mean if the RB is Eddie Lacy and one of the guards is Josh Sitton all is forgiven, right? So maybe shut yappin' for a little bit and let it play out.

All that said, my preference is players from football factory schools so it always frustrates me when they go for lesser school candidates. Call_me_ozzie_newsome, I guess.

Interesting quip unrelated to anything in this thread. Look who's still listed as #2 in the Packers FO.
https://www.packers.com/team/front-office-roster/

I had Dillon in a couple of my mocks on here and I believe we will get a productive guard out of this draft but unfortunately at the rate our competitors are going I don’t believe it will be enough.

We’re firing bee bee’s and others are bringing a shot gun.

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 10:09 PM
Well i believe a lot of people are gonna miss that “prima Donna” sooner then later.

If he goes full prima donna, no one will miss him. But he has other choices.

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2020, 10:11 PM
I had Dillon in a couple of my mocks on here and I believe we will get a productive guard out of this draft but unfortunately at the rate our competitors are going I don’t believe it will be enough.

We’re firing bee bee’s and others are bringing a shot gun.

Nobody in the NFC is catching Philly or the Niners next year assuming players remain healthy. They're both much, much, much better than the Packers in my opinion. Better at virtually every position except QB for the Niners. I think it's fine to retool a bit. The panic is unnecessary. The reality is none of us have any clue how any of this is going to shake out. I will say some of the pcisk, specifically the TE, was a bit of a head scratcher and I personally would have been more aggressive but in Gutey we trust. Either way, it's just a game, it'll be fine. Life is so rich.

red
04-25-2020, 10:17 PM
seeing a lot of D grades for our draft

so its not just us that think our draft sucked

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 10:20 PM

Everyone who thought their needs were WR, ILB, and OT are gonna give them terrible 'grades' That's how the draft grade schtick works. But maybe they're just wrong, because they don't have the first fucking clue what the Packers front office and coaching staff were planning. Now, they could be right and Gute/Flower are wrong about their own team needs and their team design, but we'll just have to wait and see.

red
04-25-2020, 10:25 PM
Everyone who thought their needs were WR, ILB, and OT are gonna give them terrible 'grades' That's how the draft grade schtick works. But maybe they're just wrong, because they don't have the first fucking clue what the Packers front office and coaching staff were planning. Now, they could be right and Gute/Flower are wrong about their own team needs and their team design, but we'll just have to wait and see.

no, a lot didn't like the love trade up

some sites didn't have dillon in their top 250. and no one had the TE in the top 250

then add in that this was best and deepest draft ever for WR's (the position we need the most), and yet we didn't take any

it has not been an inspiring off season in packerland

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 10:27 PM

And again, this isn’t a bad thing.

call_me_ishmael
04-25-2020, 10:34 PM

He was really great.

GB-Brandon
04-25-2020, 11:00 PM
no, a lot didn't like the love trade up

some sites didn't have dillon in their top 250. and no one had the TE in the top 250

then add in that this was best and deepest draft ever for WR's (the position we need the most), and yet we didn't take any

it has not been an inspiring off season in packerland

I like Dillon but they went way off the reservation on that pick. Gute got hooked on his RAS. He probably thinks he got the next Earl Campbell. Lol.

The 3rd round pick they reached from the stars.

The ILB from Minny was also not even on most people’s board. More like an UDFA.

The Miami kid might be something but he’ll get jammed up behind Smith’s and Gary.

3 days of drafting and there is almost zero immediate help.

Were coming off a 13-3 season and second year of our coach. Last year was the time to “re-tool”. You don’t “re-tool” every single year.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2020, 12:20 AM

Absolutely wrong.

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 01:07 AM
So where did they find “value” in any of these picks? Please someone find some “Value” in this smorgasbord of shit.

Where is it?

Was this a warm up for an XFL draft?

This was just a practice run for an XFL draft right?

mraynrand
04-26-2020, 07:47 AM
Runyan will join the Dean Lowry Arm-y

He may be the ‘road grader’ RT or guard that only Mraynrand is happy the Packers picked.

Maybe the Packers see ‘value’ where the talking heads don’t because they are building a team rather than satisfying the ‘experts’

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 07:54 AM
Runyan just might be the Right Tackle we need based on his father's career.

Joemailman
04-26-2020, 09:19 AM
Runyan just might be the Right Tackle we need based on his father's career.

Maybe. All the talk is he'll have to move to Guard in he NFL, but I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about Bakhtiari. Scouting report says he's very erratic with his hands placement. That's a correctable technique that coaches will focus on.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jon-runyan/7WeyFkoQpp

PROS: Good processor. He’s alert with strong reactionary skills. Athletic profile is strong and he has natural movement skills. Gets his work done in space and he takes precisely calculated angles to connect with moving targets. Offers positional flexibility to guard and tackle. Experienced rolling his hips in contact and there is a natural projection to NFL run game concepts.

CONS: Hands are all over the place. Punches are wide and he just doesn’t get ‘em fit properly. Grip strength is weak and he is easily swiped. Location, timing and placement of hands is erratic and defenders easily get to his pads. Surprising lack of functional strength and control. Has no consistency framing pass rushers on the perimeter and he needs to kick inside to guard to have a chance. Top heavy and folds at the waste.

BEST TRAIT - Football Intelligence

WORST TRAIT - Hands

RED FLAGS - None

Michigan offensive tackle Jon Runyan is not what you expect him to be on tape, especially if you have his father on your mind who was a former Pro Bowler in the NFL. While the football IQ is obvious, his lack of technique and functional strength are major concerns. His hands are among the most erratic in the class, his body control is poor and he lacks power. Runyan will likely need to play guard in the NFL but his limitations are notable.

pbmax
04-26-2020, 09:22 AM
So many forum members posting from their parent’s basement this weekend. For the majority of you, I would suggest you get back to Fortnite or Call of Duty instead of trying to offer coherent postings on the draft.

I'll have you know I own this basement!

pbmax
04-26-2020, 09:27 AM

This makes up for McShay liking the Love pick.

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 11:39 AM
Maybe. All the talk is he'll have to move to Guard in he NFL, but I remember a lot of people saying the same thing about Bakhtiari. Scouting report says he's very erratic with his hands placement. That's a correctable technique that coaches will focus on.
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/jon-runyan/7WeyFkoQpp

Now I know how Rand feels when his sarcasm goes right over people's heads hahahaha.

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2020, 12:56 PM
Packers have been fine with OTs that don't meet the physical thresholds that other teams require. Bakh measured 6'4" 299 coming out. Marshall Newhouse was 6'4". Bulaga has shorter arms. I don't see any reason why the Packers wouldn't start this guy off at RT. Stepaniak projects to OG, Hanson to OC, UDFA Johnson to OG. Daryn Colledge (6'4" 299) was the same size as Bakh, and I believe they started him out at OT. Same with Allen Barbre (6'4" 300)?

Joemailman
05-27-2020, 02:02 PM
Garvin isn't a bad flyer. Replenishes the depth at OLB after the Smiths and Gary. Good value. Never heard of Vernon Scott.

Jonathan Garvin first 2020 draft pick to sign a contract.

run pMc
05-28-2020, 11:40 AM
Packers have been fine with OTs that don't meet the physical thresholds that other teams require. Bakh measured 6'4" 299 coming out. Marshall Newhouse was 6'4". Bulaga has shorter arms. I don't see any reason why the Packers wouldn't start this guy off at RT. Stepaniak projects to OG, Hanson to OC, UDFA Johnson to OG. Daryn Colledge (6'4" 299) was the same size as Bakh, and I believe they started him out at OT. Same with Allen Barbre (6'4" 300)?

True. Playing LT in the Big10 is no joke. I was thinking he was going to be a RT backup, but it sounds like they want to try him at guard first and give him some snaps at tackle too. I'm hardly sold on the depth they have at OT, if Runyan can play there and play well that would make a big difference.

RashanGary
05-28-2020, 12:57 PM
Light seems almost servicable. Yosh, Nijman is a guy bobble likes to possibly develop. Runyan starting out at backup RT makes a lot of sense considering the age of Wagner.

pbmax
05-28-2020, 01:12 PM
Light seems almost servicable. Yosh, Nijman is a guy bobble likes to possibly develop. Runyan starting out at backup RT makes a lot of sense considering the age of Wagner.

I think all we need to know about Light is that they signed Veldheer when it looked like he might play significant minutes.

RashanGary
05-28-2020, 02:34 PM
I think all we need to know about Light is that they signed Veldheer when it looked like he might play significant minutes.

Signing Rick Wagner wasn't exactly a ringing follow up endorsement either.

In Runyan we trust.

Zool
05-29-2020, 01:17 PM
https://i.redd.it/tfpykhx1zp151.png

Well this is fun