PDA

View Full Version : Division not looking so weak anymore....

Dabaddestbear
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
well except for the Pack.

This was dubbed by many including the Packer fans(mostly cuz they cant be at the top) that this is the weakest division and that the winner of such will go nowhere in the playoffs.
Well after seeing the Vikings play tonight and Lions yesterday I dont see how any reasonable mind can hold any value in such a statement.

Lions played and could have beat the NFC champion Seahawks, and the Vikings just stuck it to the Redskins in Washington who many expect to be a playoff team this year. This will be a tougher Division to win not because of the teams are void of talent but because the talent level is starting to show up. I mean even Sharper is hitting like a real football player now. Did you guys see that hit on Portis?

This is gonna be a test for for all 4 teams in this division. May the Best team win.

RashanGary
09-11-2006, 10:42 PM
Hey man....

I think your Bears are the best team in the league....I know that's a little much with the QB and offense ?? but I've always had a high opinion of Grossman and everyone knows the defense is great.

The Bears are my pick for the SB. I'm glad to see Minn and DTW doing well. We *Packers* will lose a lot of games this year. We're better than we were last year but so is our division.

I'm hoping we can land a guy like Adrian Peterson or maybe a stud WR or whatevers clever. Again, the Packers are not as bad as last year but they could lose close to as many with the improved division. I think you'll see a much tougher team next year but for now you get the laughs....

I love football. I love my team but I'm realisitic and I know when we're out matched. The Bears are a truely great team. The Vikes are a good team and Detroit has the defense and now the QB to lead them to wins. The Packers are going to finish in last place but like the Bears of 2 years ago, it's not all negatives. We're a year away from being decent. I believe that anyway. I'll have to see the offseason before I get false hope but I think we have a chance next year.

For now, enjoy your Bears. They've made alot of good choices and only one team can win it all. I think you guys have a great chance.

gbpackfan
09-11-2006, 11:06 PM
Bear fan,

Listen, I am not saying that the Pack are super bowl bound. I know what they are. They are a young, rebuilding team that needs a couple years to get back in this thing. Fine, I admit it.

However, after week 1 you can not tell me that the Vikings, Lions and Bears are all world beaters either. The Bears have a great D. Their O looked okay but let's be real, they better start getting some TDs! The Lions lost and the Vikings beat a team that didn't score an offensive TD with their first unit all preseason. The Redskins are over-rated. So is the NFC East for that matter.

The Bears will beat the Lions. The Bears will win the North. Congratulations. They will lose early in the playoffs. Sorry.

The Lions will be nothing special.

The Vikings have a chance at the wild card and may actually challenge the Bears if they can gel.

However, at this point, I do not see a team in the North that is Super Bowl bound. It is too early.

One more thing, show some class. Your bears won, yes. But things will turn around and it will happen quicker then you think. If you are going to dish it when times are good in Chicago, make sure you show your face when your back to the bad news bears. The clock is ticking on your chance to get to the big game. Can you guys close? Or will you choke? Tick..Tick...Tick...

Guiness
09-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Baddest - I agree the division is looking better than most thought it would.

Re: Detroit - Still not sure if Detroit showed up, or Seattle was still suffering a post SB hangover.

Minnesota won, but contrary to a lot of the experts I don't much think the Skins are a playoff team. And Minn's D is suspect - not INT's or sacks tonight. I would really loved to have seen Sharper's hit though!

Lurker64
09-12-2006, 10:01 AM
I generally prefer to hold back judgement about the strength of teams or a division until I've seen more than one game played. I also understand that this disqualifies me from ever holding a job at ESPN.

packers11
09-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I generally prefer to hold back judgement about the strength of teams or a division until I've seen more than one game played. I also understand that this disqualifies me from ever holding a job at ESPN.

haha so true...... Living in New England when they lost 31-0 opening day to Bills... ESPN was all over it, Patriots bottom of NFL, they awful, blah blah blah, ESPN didnt they win the superbowl that year???

Dabaddestbear
09-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Bear fan,

Listen, I am not saying that the Pack are super bowl bound. I know what they are. They are a young, rebuilding team that needs a couple years to get back in this thing. Fine, I admit it.

However, after week 1 you can not tell me that the Vikings, Lions and Bears are all world beaters either. The Bears have a great D. Their O looked okay but let's be real, they better start getting some TDs! The Lions lost and the Vikings beat a team that didn't score an offensive TD with their first unit all preseason. The Redskins are over-rated. So is the NFC East for that matter.

Was that enough TD's for you today?