PDA

View Full Version : Third Round Pick 2020, Josiah Deguara

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 11:20 AM
No official thread yet.

Any thoughts, some folks saying he projects as an H-Back.

Seems kind of short for a TE.

Thoughts?

red
04-25-2020, 11:49 AM
I wonder if we try and trade Aaron Jones now that we are a power running team

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:08 PM
I wonder if we try and trade Aaron Jones now that we are a power running team

The addition of one 245 pound TE doesn't make you a power running team.

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:11 PM
NFL.com

Player Bio
Deguara (pronounced DUH-gwah-ruh) was only a two-star recruit despite leading his Folsom, California, high school to an undefeated season and a Division I state title as a senior, racking up 114 receptions for 1,671 yards and 24 touchdowns. A three-sport athlete (also played baseball and basketball) in high school, Deguara redshirted his first year with the Bearcats and then played in all 12 games on special teams and as a reserve (four receptions, 47 yards, 11.8 average). He played in just seven games as a reserve the next season (11 receptions, 98 yards, 8.9 average) before breaking out in 2018. Deguara started all 13 games as a junior, catching 38 passes for 468 yards (12.3 average) and five scores. American Athletic Conference coaches voted Deguara first-team all-league for his play in 14 starts as a senior (39 receptions, 504 yards, 12.9 average, seven touchdowns).

Overview
Hard-nosed move tight end who will garner consideration as an NFL H-back. He's a gritty blocker who plays with good positioning and works hard at sustaining blocks to help his run game. As a pass catcher, Deguara is sure-handed with good feel for soft spots against zone, but may need an accurate thrower due to contested catch likelihood and suspect catch radius. He's the type of Day 3 prospect who flies under the radar, but ends up becoming a solid contributor at H-back.

Strengths
Takes run-blocking duties to heart
Good angles up to second level and squares his target
Finds his block fit and sustains with balance and footwork
Counted on to help seal the edge in run game
Basketball feel and fluidity in his route breaks
Stems defenders out of place with sharp head fakes
Monitors safeties and surveys spacing against zone
Races to soft spots and demands the football
Catches what is thrown at him and rarely has focus drop

Weaknesses
Inconsistent hand placement at point of attack
Gets grabby outside of the frame to finish
Needs better pad level to create point of leverage
May not have speed to consistently threaten the seam
Has a little too much sauce in his routes
Could struggle to separate against NFL man coverage
Rigid in his body adjustments to throws outside the frame
Lacks creativity after the catch and tends to bull forward

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-BkBucPxP0

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:14 PM
Highlights only here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eAM31dG55Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd8A3h8DGRg

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjN3t8M0Kc

KYPack
04-25-2020, 12:15 PM
There is something about this kid to consider. I hear all the chatter about him being an H-Back. He wasn't that in college. He has one rushing attempt in 4 years. He was a lead blocker in some of their goal line sets. His only college rushing TD came from him recovering a fumble in the EZone. so he has one TD in 1 rushing attempt.

He IS a banger. Kid loves to hit. You know how some schools been a factory for certain positions? Penn State LBs, USC Tailbacks, Badgers Oline? Cincy makes good TE's. This kid broke Brent Celek and Travis Kelce's TE records. He's an old school football player. When a receiver catches a pass, Deguara is a head hunter looking to throw a badass block.

He has decent size,6'3" 245. Good but not great speed and very quick. He is simply a tough football player. He's looking for somebody to hit when he comes out of the locker room. I liked him the last two seasons for UC. I figured him to be a 6 or 7th rounder. I was surprised when we got him in the 3rd.

He's a tough Italian kid from Folsom CA. He reminds me of Mark Bavaro, a mixer type that loves contact. Give him a jersey and helmet and let's see if he can do some damage.

pbmax
04-25-2020, 12:19 PM
There is something about this kid to consider. I hear all the chatter about him being an H-Back. He wasn't that in college. He has one rushing attempt in 4 years. He was a lead blocker in some of their goal line sets. His only college rushing TD came from him recovering a fumble in the EZone. so he has one TD in 1 rushing attempt.

He IS a banger. Kid loves to hit. You know how some schools been a factory for certain positions? Penn State LBs, USC Tailbacks, Badgers Oline? Cincy makes good TE's. This kid broke Brent Celek and Travis Kelce's TE records. He's an old school football player. When a receiver catches a pass, Deguara is a head hunter looking to throw a badass block.

He has decent size,6'3" 245. Good but not great speed and very quick. He is simply a tough football player. He's looking for somebody to hit when he comes out of the locker room. I liked him the last two seasons for UC. I figured him to be a 6 or 7th rounder. I was surprised when we got him in the 3rd.

He's a tough Italian kid from Folsom CA. He reminds me of Mark Bavaro, a mixer type that loves contact. Give him a jersey and helmet and let's see if he can do some damage.

So no threat to run, but an H back like Washington used to run with the Hogs and Riggins?

Lines up anywhere can block or get out in a pass pattern?

Basically a nice piece to have if you want to run play action.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 12:32 PM
This SOB looks like a very tough mofo. I wasn’t sure if he was Hispanic or Guido, thanks for clearing that up KY, crackazz.

Unless I’m mixing them up his name means something like “for war”. I think that is the kinda hoss shit he will bring to the table. I like this pick. Maybe the next Kuhn. Also calling it that he will come through big this season for Rodgers.

KYPack
04-25-2020, 12:43 PM
This SOB looks like a very tough mofo. I wasn’t sure if he was Hispanic or Guido, thanks for clearing that up KY, crackazz.

Unless I’m mixing them up his name means something like “for war”. I think that is the kinda hoss shit he will bring to the table. I like this pick. Maybe the next Kuhn. Also calling it that he will come through big this season for Rodgers.

Yeah man. He's an eye tie. Has an outgoing personality. Was known as a ladies man and was voted the "Best Beard" on the Bearcat squad. Quiet guy but a team leader type.

KYPack
04-25-2020, 12:46 PM

Just realized what you have in common with him. He's from Folsom and you spent time in Folsom!

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 12:47 PM

I like it too. And l like that 250 pound running back. It's time to bring war to the colleseum.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 12:49 PM
Kittle is an ugly, filthy redneck who loves to fight. But he has such a knack for ball. This Guido has that quality. We need some of that.

SMBASS
04-25-2020, 12:55 PM
Kittle is just a tough, good ol' Iowa boy. His Dad also played for Iowa and is a former coach. I think he was actually born in Wisconsin but spent most of his time growing up in Iowa.

red
04-25-2020, 01:01 PM
The addition of one 245 pound TE doesn't make you a power running team.

A TE/fullback

And we also added a bowling ball running back

Gotarace
04-25-2020, 01:02 PM
Love the Film but I think we could have made this pick in the 5th round.

ThunderDan
04-25-2020, 01:02 PM
Kittle is just a tough, good ol' Iowa boy. His Dad also played for Iowa and is a former coach. I think he was actually born in Wisconsin but spent most of time growing up in Iowa.

He was baptized in our church in Madison before they moved away. His dad was a lawyer and then had a “calling”.

pbmax
04-25-2020, 01:03 PM
A TE/fullback

And we also added a bowling ball running back

And both are backups.

Fritz
04-25-2020, 01:19 PM
Love the Film but I think we could have made this pick in the 5th round.

This is my take on this guy - what the hell are the Packers doing taking a guy with these measureables in the third round?

I get that he fits what LeFleur wants to do, but this reminds me of Detroit's second pick last year, that linebacker Tavani from Hawaii. He was a Patricia-like player, so sure, but the thing is, the kid could've been had in the third or fourth round. He's a good ST player and can play the run, but he's too slow to be more than a JAG starter, and they spent a second round pick on him.

Same here. Okay, he blocks, and he's got apparently soft hands. But his catch radius is not big and he's about as fast as Jimmy Graham 2019. Isn't that a guy you get in the fifth or sixth round? This reminds me of the Richard Rodgers pick. I think he was third round, too - and everybody said, whuut? You can get that talent in the fifth round. Guy had soft hands but was slow. A real head-scratcher, just like this guy.

The only thing I like about this guy is that KY seems to like him. I'll go with that, for now.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 01:19 PM
Laughable

He'd have been a nice FIFTH round draft pick.

SO MANY better receiving TE's on the board.

I'm not sure what are worst pick has been.

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 01:46 PM
The only thing I like about this guy is that KY seems to like him. I'll go with that, for now.

+1

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 01:49 PM
Just realized what you have in common with him. He's from Folsom and you spent time in Folsom!I have a beard too!! But not the Danica Patrick kind.

Folsom is up by Sacramento. Farm and prison town from what I understand. Also makes him a San Joaquin valley boy. Which means he ain’t a soft pussy LA or SF metrosexual.

My vacations were always in the south valley. :lol:

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 01:53 PM
Kittle is an ugly, filthy redneck who loves to fight. But he has such a knack for ball. This Guido has that quality. We need some of that.Exactly you maniac! We need someone to punch back against stacked teams like SF. The asskickings they put on the Pack probably prompted this pick.

George Cumby
04-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Punishing brawlers taken in the second and third round.

Or so we hope.

mraynrand
04-25-2020, 02:00 PM
Exactly you maniac! We need someone to punch back against stacked teams like SF. The asskickings they put on the Pack probably prompted this pick.

+2

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:00 PM
Exactly you maniac! We need someone to punch back against stacked teams like SF. The asskickings they put on the Pack probably prompted this pick.

Bosa is gonna come off the line vs Bahk thinking he's about to blow away his 1 on 1. Our new dirty Guido is gonna sneak off the line like he's running a route and then come back across and put a highly unnecessary but very intentional cross check into Bosa's kindney region. That'll slow a cocky mf down right there. He'll be thinking about that on every rush there-after. Football.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:03 PM
I’m sold now work on GBBrandon cuz I’m worried about the lil homie.

RashanGary
04-25-2020, 04:05 PM
We came in wanting finess receivers and defensive speed, but gute just wanted to add some dirty filthy bastards to our offense.

MadtownPacker
04-25-2020, 04:15 PM
Spamming ass that’s the same shit you said in two other threads!!

Upnorth
04-25-2020, 04:39 PM
He fits what the flower wants, but I still think he is a bad pick.

Gotarace
04-25-2020, 04:44 PM
Bosa is gonna come off the line vs Bahk thinking he's about to blow away his 1 on 1. Our new dirty Guido is gonna sneak off the line like he's running a route and then come back across and put a highly unnecessary but very intentional cross check into Bosa's kindney region. That'll slow a cocky mf down right there. He'll be thinking about that on every rush there-after. Football.
Tell us More Grasshopper...include Pad Level and Leverage Lean...I think I'm feeling a Bulge in my Pubic Region.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:10 PM
I sort of understand this pick more now. I had four TEs that I considered good blockers--Devin Asiasi, Deguara, Thaddeus Moss, and Jared Pinckney. Moss and Pinckney are not very good athletes. Asiasi and Deguara are solid athletes. For all around TEs, I think it was Asiasi or Deguara. I would have liked Asiasi, but he was taken right before our pick. Deguara's height scared me a bit, but I guess working with Delanie Walker (same height as Deguara) in Tennessee may have alleviated that concern for LaFleur.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 05:33 PM
They reached IMO; if we look at the value they got it was not good. Overpaid for Love (unless he's a superstar). I like the talent of our R2 pick but relatively speaking really don't consider him a 2nd round "rb". We had opportunities to go get WR's and we either failed or got outfoxed or our GM things "we're fine there" which should cause more and more concern about his competency. I'd be going crazy at this crap if I was intense, passionate, and younger.

With each year as I become disappointed I look at the bigger picture and become more of a football fan and a bit less of a diehard Packer fan. Family, other importances,and a diehard Badger fan as well.

Next year I'll be cheering for Tom Brady to succeed, Hoody Geniuis to succeed, I'll be cheering for Jonathan Taylor in Indy, Cephus in Detroit, and I'll be cheering for the Saints and Zach Baun.

And when GB slips into the playoffs and get bounced due to lack of talent around AROD, I'll be disappointed and remember today, but it's not the end of the world.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 05:45 PM
It doesn't matter if they reached or not. The expert boards were even less accurate than previous years. What matters is whether the guy can play.

Bretsky
04-25-2020, 05:50 PM
well truth be told when I looked at your and Nutz boards I'd say you guys did pretty f'cking good if I compare you up against nearly all of the NFL teams and ignore GB"s board.

Kudos to both of you

GB-Brandon
04-26-2020, 01:23 AM
They reached IMO; if we look at the value they got it was not good. Overpaid for Love (unless he's a superstar). I like the talent of our R2 pick but relatively speaking really don't consider him a 2nd round "rb". We had opportunities to go get WR's and we either failed or got outfoxed or our GM things "we're fine there" which should cause more and more concern about his competency. I'd be going crazy at this crap if I was intense, passionate, and younger.

With each year as I become disappointed I look at the bigger picture and become more of a football fan and a bit less of a diehard Packer fan. Family, other importances,and a diehard Badger fan as well.

Next year I'll be cheering for Tom Brady to succeed, Hoody Geniuis to succeed, I'll be cheering for Jonathan Taylor in Indy, Cephus in Detroit, and I'll be cheering for the Saints and Zach Baun.

And when GB slips into the playoffs and get bounced due to lack of talent around AROD, I'll be disappointed and remember today, but it's not the end of the world.

Thats good perspective. At least we got the Badgers right?

Let’s hope Rodgers can get away from all this carnage and we can cheer for him to finally win another Super Bowl!!!

HarveyWallbangers
04-26-2020, 02:28 AM
This was impressive hustle by Deguara. Pick at the goalline on one side. He's the TE on the rightside.

https://twitter.com/AndyHermanNFL/status/1254225976017530881

wist43
04-26-2020, 03:46 AM
Laughable

He'd have been a nice FIFTH round draft pick.

SO MANY better receiving TE's on the board.

I'm not sure what are worst pick has been.

He's not a TE, he's an H-back...

Which is all the more reason not to draft him in the 3rd - b/c there's no demand for H-backs.

They'll cadget him all over the place, and he'll perform his role well; but again, not worth a 3rd round pick.

mraynrand
04-26-2020, 06:57 AM
Who gives a shit about your stupid ideas about round ‘value’

They’re building a TEAM.

Joemailman
04-26-2020, 07:20 AM
It doesn't matter if they reached or not. The expert boards were even less accurate than previous years. What matters is whether the guy can play.

I agree. The boards were way off in many areas. Some here were lamenting that Denzel Mims wouldn't be available when the Packers pick in the 1st round, Hell, he almost lasted until he Packers 2nd round pick. On the other hand, Jordyn Brooks went in the 1st round. The idea that the Packers could have waited until the 5th to take DeGuara is pure speculation based on boards that in many cases weren't very accurate.

I like this pick. He's a nasty smart player who fits perfectly into what LaFleur wants to do. If he were 2 inches taller he would have been drafted even earlier. He's a high energy productive guy despite a lack of elite measurables. He's the opposite of what a lot of people didn't like about Gary. Packer fans will love him.

wist43
04-26-2020, 07:43 AM

They’re building a TEAM.

Maybe you buy penny stocks for $100/share, but I don't ;)

mraynrand
04-26-2020, 07:54 AM
Maybe you buy penny stocks for $100/share, but I don't ;)

Maybe you’re wrong.

run pMc
04-26-2020, 03:27 PM
I actually like this pick, although I think if they had a R4 pick and took him there it would have been better value, as they say.

That aside, I agree with KY on him. I watched him a few months back and thought he'd be a good Day 3 sleeper pick. He definitely will push the TE room (look out Tonyan) and give them a chance to play 12 personnel. He's definitely H-Back material, but I just think he's a football player. That he's played inline, backfield and split out and been productive is a good thing and I think he will eventually be a very solid #2 TE with the upside to being (to paraphrase Tank) a poor man's Delanie Walker.

As for comparing him to Jimmy Graham: even if he's no faster, he's younger, cheaper, probably blocks better and is more likely to break a tackle than Jimmy. Plus he's not some aging player the coaches start out of deference to his NO days.

Upnorth
04-27-2020, 08:48 AM
I understand he fits the big picture and all that, but his feet look mired in molasses, how do you block at the NFL level with those feet, how do you get separation at the NFL level with those feet.

mraynrand
04-27-2020, 08:57 AM
I understand he fits the big picture and all that, but his feet look mired in molasses, how do you block at the NFL level with those feet, how do you get separation at the NFL level with those feet.

Didn't look too slow to me. Even saw some nice route running moves. Granted, some of that is against ohio...

I'm calling him 'mini-gonzo' until proven otherwise. :)

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 09:39 PM
He is a really good football player. He will be a key cog in what LaFluer does. Once again it’s okay to “reach” a little as long as it’s not a Wide Receiver. That appears to be the motto.

There were tons of guys in this draft that fit this mold of “value” that we could of thrown in the slot.

pbmax
04-28-2020, 04:38 PM
Didn't we used to argue about the two injury rule for college players after Justin Harrell (the DL, not the poster)

Underwent surgery for a torn labrum in his left shoulder and thus sat out 2015. Missed the last five games of 2017 with a broken left hand. Played through a bruised right rotator cuff in 2019.

https://theathletic.com/1776919/2020/04/27/get-to-know-the-packers-2020-nfl-draft-selections/

Who was that? Used to just get very exercised about that.

Everyone knows you don't take a risk on a college player with two significant injuries!

pbmax
04-28-2020, 04:55 PM
If I were you and concerned about college injury status, I would NOT read that article further.

pbmax
04-29-2020, 09:37 AM
Zach Kruse @zachkruse2
Brian Gutekunst told Larry McCarren that they see Josiah Deguara as more of a receiver and move blocker than traditional TE. "His ability in the passing game to create mismatches and get open and make plays is something we're excited about."

Larry Centers?

hoosier
04-29-2020, 09:51 AM
Centers wasn't much of a blocker, though. Maybe a modern day Tom Rathman?

mraynrand
04-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Centers wasn't much of a blocker, though. Maybe a modern day Tom Rathman?

This guy seems a lot more bendy than Rathman. Didn’t that guy wear a washboard up his back?

Bossman641
04-29-2020, 10:46 AM
I'm hoping he's a Chris Cooley type

pbmax
04-29-2020, 12:41 PM
I'm hoping he's a Chris Cooley type

Yeah, I think that. Basically a TE that doesn't block or line up like a TE usually does.

Was thinking Centers because all he did after a couple of years was catch passes, but Cooley might be better comparison.

run pMc
04-29-2020, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I think that. Basically a TE that doesn't block or line up like a TE usually does.

Was thinking Centers because all he did after a couple of years was catch passes, but Cooley might be better comparison.

Yeah, think Cooley, Delanie Walker, Kyle Juszczyk. He basically will do what Jace and Vitale were doing last year, but probably (hopefully) better.
I could see them doing stuff like lining up him with Jones in the backfield one play, and then flexing/motioning both out of the backfield the next to really put teams in a coverage bind. Same idea with Dillon -- if you have him and Jones in the backfield you can run/pass out of that depending on pre-snap reads and motions.

I expect to see more non-M3 wrinkles in Year 2 from the offense.

Zool
04-29-2020, 03:43 PM
William Henderson?

Rastak
04-29-2020, 06:35 PM

They’re building a TEAM.

The only reason you care is if you can get a guy later with one of your picks it's pretty fucking stupid to grab him a few rounds early. That's the definition of value in the NFL draft. That said, who is to say he would have been available in rounds 4-6 like many are saying. No way to know so I am of the school if you really like a player I'm perfectly cool taking them a bit higher than they may otherwise have went. As long as it's someone you really want because alot of these guys grade similarly.

pbmax
04-29-2020, 06:37 PM
William Henderson?

Henderson actually ran about 3 routes. Outlet, screen and maybe flat or wheel? I expect this guy attacks the middle of the field more.

mraynrand
04-29-2020, 06:40 PM
The only reason you care is if you can get a guy later with one of your picks it's pretty fucking stupid to grab him a few rounds early. That's the definition of value in the NFL draft. That said, who is to say he would have been available in rounds 4-6 like many are saying. No way to know so I am of the school if you really like a player I'm perfectly cool taking them a bit higher than they may otherwise have went. As long as it's someone you really want because alot of these guys grade similarly.

Good post. I realize I was pretty aggressive there, but it’s Wist and it takes a lot to even nudge him off his mark. :)

GB-Brandon
04-29-2020, 06:58 PM

I’m sure MVS and Kummerow and Lazard will be there to show him. Maybe Funches too.

Upnorth
04-29-2020, 07:16 PM
I’m sure MVS and Kummerow and Lazard will be there to show him. Maybe Funches too.

Lol, blind leading the blind

Upnorth
12-17-2021, 06:57 PM
Is it me or is deguara starting to show some skills?

He is getting better at blocking but more importantly it looks like 12 is starting to trust him.

Upnorth
12-17-2021, 07:01 PM
Is it me or is deguara starting to show some skills? He has pretty good hands.

He is getting better at blocking but more importantly it looks like 12 is starting to trust him.

I think my initial assessments were wrong thank god

Joemailman
12-17-2021, 07:21 PM
I always liked the pick. Career got off to a tough start due to injuries. A Packer 3rd round pick who's looking pretty good. Gotta love a guy who can overcome adversity.

George Cumby
12-17-2021, 07:56 PM
I was able to watch him a few plays the LA game. If nothing else, he's a solid blocker.

Joemailman
12-17-2021, 08:24 PM
I was able to watch him a few plays the LA game. If nothing else, he's a solid blocker.

I think he's a pretty good route runner too. And when Rodgers is your QB, that's maybe more important then anything.

Upnorth
12-18-2021, 07:19 AM
He has been targeted at least twice for 5 games in a row. That shows trust from 12.

Ravens d sucks vrs pass and is very good vrs run.

bobblehead
12-18-2021, 08:01 AM
What you have both touched on is what he is supposed to be. A guy who does everything ok, nothing great. I bitched for years that fat mike would telegraph his plays based on formation and personel. MiLF is the Anti Fat Mike.

Joemailman
12-18-2021, 09:59 AM
This scouting report describes him pretty well.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/josiah-deguara/C3YabgX51G

PROS: Versatile blocker and receiver. Can win both in-line and flexed as a receiver with experience running routes to all levels of the field. Like his route pace and timing - showcases a strong understanding of reading coverage and adjusting on the fly. Vertical route running skills are excellent. Does well to execute seamless vertical cuts and selling them. Good balance and posture as a route runner. Has proven to be an effective seam-busting target with excellent ball skills. Natural tracking and adjusting skills to the football in the air. Hands are soft and secure. Illustrates the ability to consistently catch the football outside of this frame while tightly holding on through contact. Finds success working in space as a positional blocker. Overall blocking effort is outstanding. Has enough juice, decisiveness and physicality to be effective after the catch. Outstanding competitor.

CONS: Modest physical traits in terms of size, length and athletic ability - fairly ordinary across the board. Needs to get stronger to find success blocking in the trenches at the next level. He competes hard but his lack of strength, length and consistency staying square are limiting as a blocker. Not a true above the rim guy that is going to extend his catch radius vertically or a candidate for jump ball opportunities.

BEST TRAIT - Competitive Toughness

WORST TRAIT - Pedestrian Physical Ability

RED FLAGS - None

NFL COMP - Tyler Conklin

Pop on Josiah Deguara’s tape and you will immediately appreciate his competitive toughness. Whether it’s exchanging power in the trenches, competing with the ball in his hands, trailing plays as they elongate down the field to hit a block or busting his ass to tackle an intercepting defender, he brings the juice. Deguara brings a balanced skill set to the table in terms of blocking and receiving where he’s been productive on both fronts in college. The challenge with Deguara and forecasting him at the next level is that he has pedestrian physical gifts and isn’t dominant in any one area. With that said, his proficiency in multiple areas profiles him well as a TE2 that should provide valuable depth and meaningful special teams contributions to his NFL team. His ceiling is modest but his floor is high.

texaspackerbacker
12-18-2021, 12:12 PM
You read that description, and he really doesn't sound like a 3rd round pick, maybe not draftable at all. I have to admit, I hated the pick when the Packers took him. And I still hated the pick earlier this season when he seemed to show nothing good at all and seemed to make a lot of blunders on the field. Lately, though, he has looked fairly decent, at least in comparison to the way he played before.