PDA

View Full Version : Official 2020 UDFA Thread

Joemailman
04-25-2020, 06:59 PM
Packers have 15 open spots on roster.

Willington Previlon, DE, Rutgers, 6-4, 290 pounds. Honorable mention all-Big Ten. Ended career with 71 tackles, 11.5 tackles-for-loss, four sacks and three pass breakups

Stanford Samuels, CB: The Florida State defensive back is 6-1, 187 pounds and ran a 4.65-second 40 at the combine. - Jim Owczarski

Marc-Antoine Dequoy, DB: PackersNews.com confirmed the Packers agreed to bring in the Canadian football player. The 25-year-old reportedly ran a 4.35-second, 40-yard dash and had a 37-inch vertical.

Zack Johnson, OT: The Packers dipped back into familiar waters at North Dakota State and PackersNews.com confirmed the 6-4, 317-pound offensive linemen will come to Green Bay as a tackle.

Patrick Taylor, RB: Per his agency, the Packers agreed to terms with the 6-1, 217-pound runner out of Memphis. He ran a 4.57-second 40-yard dash at the combine and had a 34-inch vertical.

Krys Barnes, LB: A high school teammate of first-round pick Jordan Love, PackersNews.com confirmed the 6-1, 235-pound linebacker out of UCLA will come to Green Bay.

Will Sunderland, CB: The defensive back out of Troy is 6-4, 196 pounds and ran a 4.51-second 40 at his pro day in early March. PackersNews.com confirmed he agreed to come to Green Bay.

Darrell Stewart, WR: The Michigan State reportedly agreed to terms to head to Green Bay. He did not run the 40 at the combine but posted a 35-inch vertical leap and 117-inch broad jump. He is 6-feet and 212 pounds.

Jordan Jones, TE/FB: PackersNews.com confirmed the Prairie View A&M tight end/fullback agreed to terms. He is 6-1, 250 pounds and previously played at Grambling State.

smuggler
04-25-2020, 07:07 PM
Oh, neat! We got a WR. I was a little worried we forgot there were WRs in this draft. :-)

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 07:27 PM
Damn you! I got mine in first, but you put "official" in the title.

Joemailman
04-25-2020, 07:29 PM
Sorry. I don't know how I missed yours. :bang::oops:

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 07:30 PM
Johnson played OT and OG at NDSU, but he should be an OG for us.

HarveyWallbangers
04-25-2020, 07:30 PM
Taylor is a poor man's Dillon.

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 07:50 PM
Dequoy

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/09/canadian-db-marc-antoine-dequoy-blazes-40-yard-time-at-university-of-montreal-pro-day/

Quote:

When comparing Dequoy with 2020 NFL Combine invitees, he ranks first in three-cone time among all defensive backs, third overall for the 40-yard dash, sixth-best shuttle, vertical tied for sixth and broad jump tied for ninth.

------------

https://torontosun.com/sports/football/nfl/at-25-montreals-marc-antoine-dequoy-eyes-nfl-career-at-safety

Zool
04-25-2020, 07:53 PM
Plus you can use him to trick QBs....assuming his name is pronounced decoy?

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 08:19 PM
Plus you can use him to trick QBs....assuming his name is pronounced decoy?

Can call him Decoy after his first interception. Or maybe "Duck Decoy"

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 08:21 PM
NFL.com

WR Darrell Stewart - good on blocking and running, otherwise this makes him sound like J'Mon Moore.

----------

Three-year starter at receiver with the size and build of an intimidating strong safety. Stewart was heavily targeted in 2019, but lacked eye-catching production. His routes are dull and lack the ability to throw coverage off his scent. He needs to use his imposing frame to carve out catch space and compete harder to make those combat catches. He's not bad with the ball in his hands, but catching the football was a coin flip all the way through mid-October. The traits and athleticism are worth a look as an undrafted free agent, but he will need to show vast improvements in several areas to make any noise in a camp.

Strengths

Outstanding size as a slot
Big, proportional and long
Able to open hips and grab throws behind him
Athletic talent to make spectacular catches up the ladder
Instinctive open-field runner after the catch
Stiff-arm to flatten would-be tacklers
Plus blocker to help spring the running back
Aggressive pop with length and strength to sustain

Weaknesses

Atrocious focus drops dampened confidence
Catch technique may need to be stripped and rebuilt
No opening juice off of his stance and into route
Monotone route tempo to all levels
Routes are rounded and fail to gain ground
Turbulent footwork maneuvering zone redirection
Rolls through stop signs on short comebacks
Needs to define and protect catch space with his frame

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 08:52 PM
Will Sunderland, CB: The defensive back out of Troy is 6-4, 196 pounds and ran a 4.51-second 40 at his pro day in early March. 38 tackles, 4 INT last year in Sun Belt conference.

Arrested then transferred from Oklahoma

https://www.normantranscript.com/sports/breaking-ou-safety-will-sunderland-charged-with-felony-in-cleveland/article_0cf7e96a-56d6-11e7-96a7-fb728ccc662f.html

Second Chance - Transfer to Troy

https://kfor.com/sports/college/will-sunderland-makes-most-of-second-chance-training-for-nfl/

Collegiate Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001097042/article/2020-nflpa-collegiate-bowl-standouts-from-day-3-of-practice

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 09:05 PM
Krys Barnes, LB: A high school teammate of first-round pick Jordan Love, PackersNews.com confirmed the 6-1, 235-pound linebacker out of UCLA will come to Green Bay. Couple of links:

Collegiate Bowl

https://lastwordoncollegefootball.com/2020/01/17/krys-barnes-trying-to-make-impression/

---------------

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020ILB.php

Krys Barnes, ILB, UCLA
Height: 6-1. Weight: 235.
Projected 40 Time: 4.63.
Projected Round (2020): 5-7.

4/22/20: Barnes got off to a strong start in 2019, and team sources said he impressed them. He totaled 72 tackles with four sacks and seven passes defended on the year. Barnes collected 85 tackles with an interception and six passes broken up as a junior. Barnes is a well-balanced defender against the run and the pass.

wthigoot
04-25-2020, 09:22 PM
Patrick Taylor, RB: Per his agency, the Packers agreed to terms with the 6-1, 217-pound runner out of Memphis. He ran a 4.57-second 40-yard dash at the combine and had a 34-inch vertical. -- Bench 15, Broad Jump 123, 20 Shuttle, 4.34

Maybe more like Jamaal Williams than Dillon (?). Injured senior year at Memphis

NFL.com --

Taylor and 2019 third-round pick Darnell Henderson made an excellent one-two punch for the Tigers in 2017 and 2018. While he started only one game as a junior, Taylor carried the ball 214 times for 1,122 yards (5.4 average) and 16 touchdowns and caught 17 passes for 197 yards (11.6, two TDs). The previous season, the All-District player from Humble, Texas, started twice in 13 games and was quite productive (157-866-5.5, 13 TDs rushing; 19-148-7.8, one TD receiving). Unfortunately, an ankle injury limited him to six games (two starts) in his senior season (78-350-4.5, five TDs rushing; 8-52-6.5 receiving). As a true freshman, he played in all 13 games (93-546-5.9, two TDs rushing; 11-37-3.4 receiving).

Big runner who needs to learn to run like one on a consistent basis. He has size to impose his will but tends to tap the brakes rather than hit the gas into contact. He runs with decent footwork between the tackles and has good open-field speed to get away from chasers. His vision and burst are lacking a little and he needs a clear point of entry to operate with decisiveness. Taylor might be better off in a system that gives him his gap and lets him go. He has some third-down value in a pinch and has been successful as a short-yardage option in college.

Strengths

Built like a comic book hero
Carries well-defined, heavily muscled frame
Scored a TD every 13.1 carries over the last three years
Good open-field play speed for a big back
Follows his lead blocker with good patience
Size creates advantage to fall forward after contact
Batters run-supporting defensive backs and wears them down
Able to handle some pass-catching duties
Has the size/strength to protect the quarterback with more technique work
Has kick-coverage experience

Weaknesses

Never more than a committee back at Memphis
Tall, with upright running style
Tight hips
Linear running style lacks fluidity
Gradual getting through the hole and finding freedom
Vision is slightly below-average
Doesn't plant and go from outside zone
Running style lacks tempo and smoothness
Below-average agility to make quick cuts
Usually in second place when attempting to initiate contact

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 07:36 AM
That Canadian frog sounds promising. I wonder if he ever played WR.

Joemailman
04-26-2020, 07:49 AM
Sunderland has had an interesting past. Might have more talent than a lot of UDFA's.

PASADENA, Calif. -- Will Sunderland had big plans at Oklahoma. Once the state's highest-rated recruit coming out of high school, he eyed his junior season as the year he would star at safety and help Baker Mayfield and the Sooners win the national title.

His team would reach the College Football Playoff semifinal, but Sunderland wasn't even on the sideline for it. He'd been suspended from the team for the entire year after being charged with second-degree burglary. A few weeks after the season ended, he reached a plea bargain and announced he was transferring to Troy University in Alabama.

It was maybe the best decision he'd ever made.

"Just being 30 minutes away from home and then going 12 hours away, I had to really grow up," Sunderland said.

This week Sunderland is in Southern California for just the second time in his life. The first was five years ago as a prep standout competing in the Semper Fidelis All-American Bowl. That was back when working out in front of dozens of NFL scouts didn't seem like a pipe dream for Sunderland.

But after three years in Norman, Oklahoma, Sunderland barely had any snaps on film. He showed up at Troy with an open mind and renewed attitude. He soon found himself playing a new position -- nickelback. He'd gotten a sample before he left Oklahoma, going up against eventual first-rounder Marquise Brown in practice.

Sunderland didn't earn a starting job right away but would record the game-winning interception in Troy's 2018 upset of Nebraska. Before his senior year, he switched positions again, this time to cornerback. Like he had already done at Troy, he quickly made himself at home.

While taking on Arkansas State's prolific passing attack, and fellow Collegiate Bowl participant Omar Bayless, Sunderland logged an INT and two pass breakups. He finished the season with four interceptions, and Pro Football Focus rated him one of the top Group of Five corners in the country. Last month he got the invite to Pasadena.

His objective has been to prove he's the most physical and athletic corner in attendance. The 6-foot-2 defensive back made his case Wednesday when he intercepted a pass near midfield and ran it back to inside the 5. Sunderland was so excited he continued running past the end zone and up the beginning of the Rose Bowl tunnel.

"I was feeling like Forrest Gump for a minute," he joked. "My legs were just running."

As he reflected afterward on his unexpected journey, it wasn't lost on Sunderland that he probably wouldn't be in this position, much less playing cornerback, had he remained at Oklahoma.

"I'm glad that God gave me a second chance," he said. "Without Him, I wouldn't be here right now."

wthigoot
04-26-2020, 01:29 PM
That Canadian frog sounds promising. I wonder if he ever played WR.

Dequoy checked in at six-foot-two, 198 pounds, nine-inch hand measurement, 32-inch arm length with a 75 and six-eights wingspan. The rangy DB displayed his high end athleticism by recording a 37-inch vertical, 10-foot, eight-inch broad jump and wowed personnel men with his speed — clocking 4.35 in the 40-yard sprint — and quickness 4.14 shuttle and 6.65 three-cone.

Looks like he could play corner with those measurements (pretty similar to K. King), but I guess he is a safety. Maybe he is too stiff for corner.

He is already 25, like Demetri Goodson when he was drafted. Guys from Canada don't work out too often but might have something here. Good safety depth if nothing else and should be able to cover the slot or tight end.

pbmax
04-26-2020, 01:45 PM
Tom Silverstein @TomSilverstein
Another undrafted free agent the #Packers have agreed to terms with is LB/S Frankie Griffin of Texas St. I believe that brings the number up to 15 the team has signed.

Sports Agent @andysimms
@TipaGaleai_ has agreed to a contract with the @packers after the draft. #YoungMoneyAPAA

NAME IS Tipa Galea'i

Texas Tech Football @TexasTechFB
Congratulations & good luck @bruffytravis

NAME IS TRAVIS BUFFY. OR BUFFY TRAVIS, HARD TO SURE WITH TERRIBLE GRAPHIC DESIGN

wthigoot
04-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Others according to Acme Packing Company:

Delontae Scott (EDGE, SMU) reportedly agrees to sign with Packers

Jalen Morton (QB, Prairie View A&M) says he is signing with Green Bay

Henry Black (S, Baylor) agrees to sign with Packers

Travis Bruffy (OL, Texas Tech) signs with Packers according to TTU athletics

Tipa Galeai (EDGE, Utah State) has reportedly agreed to sign in Green Bay

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 07:47 PM
Still no speed receiver - like they are consciously avoiding that sort of thing. I still hope that 4.35 6'2" Canadian a try at WR. So is Bruffy supposed to be a OL or a FB?

wist43
04-26-2020, 08:10 PM
Others according to Acme Packing Company:

Delontae Scott (EDGE, SMU) reportedly agrees to sign with Packers

Jalen Morton (QB, Prairie View A&M) says he is signing with Green Bay

Henry Black (S, Baylor) agrees to sign with Packers

Travis Bruffy (OL, Texas Tech) signs with Packers according to TTU athletics

Tipa Galeai (EDGE, Utah State) has reportedly agreed to sign in Green Bay

Hey, Delontae Scott... he was a guy I actually scouted and really liked.

Would have put him in my recommended clips, but ran out of time.

He's skinny and needs to bulk up, but he's 6'5" and bendy... gets off the edge pretty well.

Surprised the Packers picked him up.

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 09:56 PM
MG is Whitewater Jesus and his disciples at WR making the team again. Never thought I'd even think this....will be miss Geronimo ?

Joemailman
04-26-2020, 10:16 PM
MG is Whitewater Jesus and his disciples at WR making the team again. Never thought I'd even think this....will be miss Geronimo ?

No. I think Adams, Lazard, Funchess, ESB and MVS all offer more than Geronimo, either through potential or production. I think it's a better group than last year, although they may still lack a #2.

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 10:22 PM
If MLF is bringing in the Tennessee offense more I don't think we'll value having as many quality WR's. But I'd still think we'd want 2 that can get consistently open

Joemailman
04-26-2020, 10:33 PM
If MLF is bringing in the Tennessee offense more I don't think we'll value having as many quality WR's. But I'd still think we'd want 2 that can get consistently open

I agree. That's why I only listed the 5. I don't know if you keep more than 5 when you'll rarely have more than 3 on the field at one time. With expanded practice squads you'll have another 1 or 2 there.

run pMc
04-27-2020, 09:57 AM
So... Adams is WR1, Lazard/Funchess battle it out for WR2, MVS and Bagelboy for deep threat, and Kumerow/ESB for the last spot? I think they keep 5 or at most 6 WRs.

Patrick Taylor is an interesting guy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0eBbmH7q8s
Highlight video so meh but you can see he has ok hands, decent speed and can probably run inside zone. Big guy Memphis listed as 6'3" 220+ but I think he's shorter. Has a bit of linear/tall build. Might have a little James Starks to him. He's better than John Crockett or Marc Tyler so he's at least a decent camp body.

smuggler
04-27-2020, 10:14 AM
I think ESB is in a good position to make the team, provided he isn't suffering lasting effects from his injury last season.

PackerGold
05-11-2020, 02:40 PM
Packers have 15 open spots on roster.

Not sure about the rest of the Packer Nation but I like some of the UFDA's better than what was drafted, and a few undrafted players like Benito Jones DT, Hunter Bryant TE, JR Reed S and AJ Green CB that have higher combine ratings than what was drafted but are with other teams now.