PDA

View Full Version : Official "I told you so" 2020 Draft Thread.

Cheesehead Craig
04-26-2020, 04:13 PM
Okay know-it-alls, let us know who the Packers didn't draft and should have so that way in a year or three there's a record of what you were predicting.

Fritz
04-26-2020, 04:44 PM
Okay know-it-alls, let us know who the Packers didn't draft and should have so that way in a year or three there's a record of what you were predicting.

No one remembers, or is too lazy to look it up. That's why, if Rashan Gary becomes a star, I will be able to say "told ja!"

George Cumby
04-26-2020, 04:54 PM
No one remembers, or is too lazy to look it up. That's why, if Rashan Gary becomes a star, I will be able to say "told ja!"

LOL.

I saw you replied and knew you were posting about Gary.

You're getting predictable!

Sparkey
04-26-2020, 04:56 PM
Josh Jones, McTelvin Agim and Davion Taylor

ThunderDan
04-26-2020, 08:09 PM
Queen or Mims in round 1.

texaspackerbacker
04-26-2020, 08:24 PM
Mims maybe - it was my prediction and about second on the list of what I wanted.

The biggest "I told you so" - and consider this a prediction - is that we should have taken Jonathan Taylor in the first round. He's gonna be an all out superstar - as I have said, Ezekial Elliot physically but with a whole lot better attitude.

wist43
04-26-2020, 08:26 PM
Queen or Mims in round 1.

Ditto...

I'd throw Aiyuk in there too.

PFF Sam was commenting on Mims going to a really bad situation with the Jets though. Thinks his numbers and growth will be depressed b/c of where he went.

wist43
04-26-2020, 08:28 PM
Other guys I liked further down that we spit on were Darrell Taylor, Ben Bartch, Jonathan Hightower, and Jordan Elliott.

Upnorth
04-26-2020, 10:13 PM
I wanted hunter Bryant at te, better blocker and made big plays. instead we got :bang::bang:

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 10:17 PM
ROUND ONE PATRICK QUEEN ILB (I'll assume we trade up and give up the 4th)

ROUND TWO- DENZELL MIMS.....Trade 5 spots up and secure MIMS (that probably takes a 5th and 7th be the value board). This is more important than getting Queen IMO

ROUND THREE-- ADAM TRAUTMANN TE

ROUND SIX---JON RUNYAN OL Michigin

ROUND SIX----PRINCE TAGA WONOGHO OL Auburn

ROUND SIX----JACK HANSEN OL

Bretsky
04-26-2020, 10:26 PM
D NOTE; in my above scenario I lived with Gutebag's trade up and took Queen to keep things simple.

Then I offered up a very fair deal to move up and get Mims, which was key

In round 3, I would have traded down to pick up an extra 5th.....for what it's worth. But I would have made Mims happen

Fritz
04-27-2020, 08:17 AM
LOL.

I saw you replied and knew you were posting about Gary.

You're getting predictable!

Just covering my bases, George. I almost threw a Drew Barrymore reference in there, too.

mraynrand
04-27-2020, 08:49 AM
Just covering my bases, George. I almost threw a Drew Barrymore reference in there, too.

Don't do it

https://hiddenremote.com/files/2016/08/firestarter-o.gif

RashanGary
04-28-2020, 10:07 AM
Michael Pittman round 1
Logan Wilson and Josh Jones round 2

Bretsky
04-28-2020, 06:55 PM
Michael Pittman round 1
Logan Wilson and Josh Jones round 2

I would take this

Radagast
04-30-2020, 11:56 PM
It would not have upset me had GB traded up in the recent draft to get a WR like Cee Dee Lamb or Jerry Judy, but instead they traded up a few spots to get a QB. Gutekunst's 2020 Draft picks however made more sense to me as time passed. What GB has done and continues to do is to give the Packers more depth at more positions. Some can only see the addition of an Odell Beckham Jr. or a Khalil Mack as difference makers on a team.

The Packers just added more FAs to the off season roster and one is a WR. Along with the media doing all they can to create a rift between Rodgers and Love, or between Rodgers and LaFleur, the negative "know it alls" in this forum who "know best" or "call for radical change" need to wait and see just how GB's GM works to fill the Packers 2020 needs.

mraynrand
05-01-2020, 10:31 AM
That Odell Beckham is certainly a difference maker. So was Rison.

theeaterofshades
05-01-2020, 11:13 AM
i think the eagles got a late round gem in Quez Watkins. Definitely wanted the pack to pick him

mraynrand
05-01-2020, 11:25 AM
i think the eagles got a late round gem in Quez Watkins. Definitely wanted the pack to pick him

Regardless, at least one WR the Packers passed on will turn out to be very good, and we'll never hear the end of it! :)

RashanGary
05-01-2020, 01:32 PM
I take back everything I ever said about rada. He's pretty cool when he's on your side. Tear up this bunch of retards, rada!

RashanGary
05-01-2020, 01:34 PM
Regardless, at least one WR the Packers passed on will turn out to be very good, and we'll never hear the end of it! :)

For the first two or three years we'll hear about the guy who comes out of the gates strongest. But eventually there will be a guy who just gets better and better and as the years pass, it will switch to him as the guy we could have had. It's like every year, whatever player is doing best, we could have had him too.

Bretsky
05-01-2020, 06:37 PM

GB says we're fine there with Whitewater Jesus and his disciples

Bretsky
05-01-2020, 06:38 PM
I take back everything I ever said about rada. He's pretty cool when he's on your side. Tear up this bunch of retards, rada!

I never really said anything bad about him; but right now his mind seems to be been poisoned by GuteBag

Bretsky
05-01-2020, 06:40 PM

IF they traded up they should have drafted who everybody thought they were picking. Patrick Queen.

Then trade up for Mims

Bretsky
05-01-2020, 06:42 PM
For the first two or three years we'll hear about the guy who comes out of the gates strongest. But eventually there will be a guy who just gets better and better and as the years pass, .

MAYBE just once in a while, it would be cool if the above description matched out player :)

mraynrand
05-02-2020, 07:40 AM
GB says in we're fine there with Whitewater Jesus and his disciples

I know, all the other NFL teams have all pro WRs five deep on their depth charts, right?

mraynrand
05-02-2020, 07:41 AM
MAYBE just once in a while, it would be cool if the above description matched out player :)

GB never has good receivers

Bretsky
05-02-2020, 03:42 PM
I know, all the other NFL teams have all pro WRs five deep on their depth charts, right?

Why don't you post the top 4 WR's on every team and tell me what set you'd take GB over ?

Bretsky
05-02-2020, 03:44 PM
GB never has good receivers

Ah, wrong again. I pointed out a great group of WR'd had around the time AROD was starting.

I'd add Devants, Jordy, Cobb, and Finley were pretty dam good.

bobblehead
05-03-2020, 08:29 AM
I tried to dig up my post pre draft where I said that they should take Taylor or Baun (but that was before baun was suspected of Steroids) and then in the second take a RB if they got Baun, or the best WR if they got Taylor. So basically the way things played out they should have taken Taylor and then moved up for Mims or a WR.

Based on the way things played out with all the RB available late as most suspected would happen they should have moved back with one and up with 2 and landed any number of WR/RB combos. Or if they insisted on moving up to 25 taken Queen.

Last year I was rock steady in what I wanted. I always wanted to move back and take Burns/Sweat/Dillard. Dillard would make losing Bulaga look a lot less scary right now. I also bantered about Jeffrey Simmons and Christian Wilkens.

Edit: I guess its obvious why I liked TT. Moving back for similar prospects and gaining capital is a sound strategy to roster building. Don't fall in love with one guy. Don't overdraft athletes over football players.

texaspackerbacker
05-03-2020, 12:22 PM
Time will tell, but I suspect about 31 teams are gonna severely regret not taking Jonathan Taylor. I wish we'd taken him in the first round, but we didn't, and life goes on. I'm getting to like what I read about the guy we did get, Dillon.

Bretsky
05-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Time will tell, but I suspect about 31 teams are gonna severely regret not taking Jonathan Taylor. I wish we'd taken him in the first round, but we didn't, and life goes on. I'm getting to like what I read about the guy we did get, Dillon.

Staying at 30 and taking Jonathon Taylor at pick 30
AND
using our 4th to move up to get a dam good WR

=

Winner IMO