PDA

View Full Version : Guts or Glory

beveaux1
04-27-2020, 02:54 PM
A whole lot has been said about the 2020 draft. Usually, we talk in terms of how the draft impacts our team in the near term. My reaction after a few days to ponder the question is different.

What kind of cajones did our GM and coach have to have to trade up in the first round, overlook the obvious weaknesses at WR, ILB, and OT, and draft a player with the raw physical tools, but not the proven decision-making of a franchise QB?

He did this knowing first how the team's fan base would react, how the national media would react, and maybe most importantly how his reportedly thin-skinned, ultra talented superstar QB would react.

I know I couldn't have made that decision. I know I would have chosen my top 2nd round graded WR. I never would have traded up. I know I would have chosen the safe route even if I thought that QB prospect would become a superstar.

I don't think I'm alone in taking the safe route. Besides Andy Reid in KC and Thompson in GB, there haven't been many teams that have drafted their QB of the future while their present QB is leading a playoff or near playoff team. It's a decision that defines you as GM. It's a decision that very possibly causes you to lose your job if things fall off the cliff.

It's also a decision that could set up your team for future success for many years. It's boom or bust. Could you have made that decision?

Bretsky
04-27-2020, 03:27 PM
A whole lot has been said about the 2020 draft. Usually, we talk in terms of how the draft impacts our team in the near term. My reaction after a few days to ponder the question is different.

What kind of cajones did our GM and coach have to have to trade up in the first round, overlook the obvious weaknesses at WR, ILB, and OT, and draft a player with the raw physical tools, but not the proven decision-making of a franchise QB?

He did this knowing first how the team's fan base would react, how the national media would react, and maybe most importantly how his reportedly thin-skinned, ultra talented superstar QB would react.

I know I couldn't have made that decision. I know I would have chosen my top 2nd round graded WR. I never would have traded up. I know I would have chosen the safe route even if I thought that QB prospect would become a superstar.

I don't think I'm alone in taking the safe route. Besides Andy Reid in KC and Thompson in GB, there haven't been many teams that have drafted their QB of the future while their present QB is leading a playoff or near playoff team. It's a decision that defines you as GM. It's a decision that very possibly causes you to lose your job if things fall off the cliff.

It's also a decision that could set up your team for future success for many years. It's boom or bust. Could you have made that decision?

I could not; because it was two years early IMO

texaspackerbacker
04-27-2020, 04:11 PM
It seems like the powers that be don't perceive those positions as quite as weak as some in here. I didn't want an ILB drafted early - the way Pettine uses ILBs, it wasn't necessary. I did want a speedy WR drafted early, but I guess the leadership saw that differently too. OT, we got a couple of possibilities fairly late. I'm ok with that as OT is one of the most likely positions to draft a bust and waste an early pick.

I doubt that Aaron Rodgers is anywhere near as "thin-skinned" as many in here seem to think. And as for fans, there's no reason for the leadership to give a shit what we think until all is said and done and the record is in.

Getting good players becomes the most important thing if you disagree about the needs that some people want to see filled. And it seems like by that standard, we did ok.

George Cumby
04-27-2020, 04:12 PM

Good post.

This was a ballsy call, if it works or not, time will tell.

I've been wanting a high round QB prospect for a couple of years now, mostly because I see Rodgers skills degrading and concerns about his durability. I think it was the right decision, whether Love was the right pick, we will find out.

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2020, 04:37 PM
I could not; because it was two years early IMO

To the end that there are players with similar attributes on paper available at this draft spot, I agree. If this dude becomes a superstar and there is more to him than his paper resume, then it's not too years early and it'll all work out.

Even if it is two years and early and this dude becomes a star, they'll be able to trade him for a haul or unload Rodgers and have ten years of success.

Really, the bottom line is if this dude becomes a good player, GB wins even if he rides pine. That said, if they lose by a little bit in the NFCC in the next couple years we'll have to wonder what could have been.

Gotarace
04-27-2020, 04:53 PM
I have come to think the Swap was made before San Fran moved ahead of them to take WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State... I think the Packers had him in mind and was out maneuvered by San Fran....the Love pick really makes little to no sense to me.

pbmax
04-27-2020, 05:56 PM
Its a ballsy move and forward thinking.

The problem is, does this thinking reduce your chances at a championship? If it works, you are trading multiple shots at a title over a longer time period for a reduced chance now.

The best argument is that especially picking in the 20s, your pick is not likely to be an immediate contributor.

wist43
04-27-2020, 06:32 PM
I think it was a power play, pure and simple.

This is Gute and Lefluer's team, and Aaron Rodgers can fuck off.

So we're now essentially into the post-Rodgers era, and beginning an era of power football. If Love pans out, Gute and Lefluer will be here for years. If he's a bust, they're done.

That said, I don't think we'll win any titles with Gute at the helm... he has the same virus TT had - tomorrow is always more important than today. I doubt he will ever put together a complete enough roster. After last offseason I thought he would, but this year he showed his true Ted Thompson stripes.

Bretsky
04-27-2020, 06:34 PM

The problem is, does this thinking reduce your chances at a championship? If it works, you are trading multiple shots at a title over a longer time period for a reduced chance now.

The best argument is that especially picking in the 20s, your pick is not likely to be an immediate contributor.

That's the argument ? Have picks in our 20's contributed immediately.

With the exception of Shitbacon at 12 last year I think they have. Savage, HaHa, our Alexander.....Bulaga (our non QB offensive pick in the last 20yrs..lol).....who else ?

Unless they are a bad decision it seems like those guys contribute

sharpe1027
04-27-2020, 08:29 PM
If we just miss out on a Superbowl, it would be a great year but people will second guess the pick. What happens if Rodgers misses a few games and Love pulls off a few wins that get them to the same result?

MadtownPacker
04-27-2020, 08:35 PM
I have come to think the Swap was made before San Fran moved ahead of them to take WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State... I think the Packers had him in mind and was out maneuvered by San Fran....the Love pick really makes little to no sense to me.This makes the most sense. Love was their pick had they not trade up. When John “Midas Touch” Lynch swooped in like the beast he has always been Gute got left looking bad. Pretty much same as last season when it comes to SF.

MadtownPacker
04-27-2020, 08:40 PM
I think it was a power play, pure and simple.

So we're now essentially into the post-Rodgers era, and beginning an era of power football. If Love pans out, Gute and Lefluer will be here for years. If he's a bust, they're done.

That said, I don't think we'll win any titles with Gute at the helm... he has the same virus TT had - tomorrow is always more important than today. I doubt he will ever put together a complete enough roster. After last offseason I thought he would, but this year he showed his true Ted Thompson stripes.I think Gotorace has the why trade up reasoning and you have the why draft a QB one.

Let’s not forget you said the same with TT and he did win one. For me one per GM is enough. At the end of the day that was always their goal. Even when I wanted TT and M3 gone I never forgot what they accomplished. For that them and even arrogant eyeroller Rodgers get respect and will always be champions in my book.

Willard
04-27-2020, 09:34 PM
I think Gotorace has the why trade up reasoning and you have the why draft a QB one.

Yesterday I shared Gotorace’s theory that they originally traded up to nab their last Rd1 WR. But I don’t think so anymore. I think they are totally convinced Twu Wuv is an absolute franchise QB. So much so that they pulled the trigger at least a year earlier than seems to make sense—which means they REALLY think this dude is Mahomesque. The problem for us fans is we don’t trust Gute. He is relatively new and hasn’t really given us reason to pledge “In Gute we trust”. If this pans out (or any of his other picks from the last two drafts for that matter) then maybe he banks some credibility with the fans. Until then, it’s—WTH and hope for the best.

beveaux1
04-27-2020, 09:59 PM
Yesterday I shared Gotorace’s theory that they originally traded up to nab their last Rd1 WR. But I don’t think so anymore. I think they are totally convinced Twu Wuv is an absolute franchise QB. So much so that they pulled the trigger at least a year earlier than seems to make sense—which means they REALLY think this dude is Mahomesque. The problem for us fans is we don’t trust Gute. He is relatively new and hasn’t really given us reason to pledge “In Gute we trust”. If this pans out (or any of his other picks from the last two drafts for that matter) then maybe he banks some credibility with the fans. Until then, it’s—WTH and hope for the best.

Lots of truth in that. Really reminds me of the Rodgers pick in Thompson’s first year. Most were ready to run him out on a rail. I can only hope we have similar results.

mraynrand
04-27-2020, 10:02 PM

Or, maybe he could get on board?

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 10:21 PM

Don’t tell that to Deebo Samuel, Aj Brown or DK Metcalf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNeOnDZKXZM&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pofSC2fTGXE&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNgugJDDRw8&feature=share

All in big time games.

But yeah, if your the Packers you can’t even get your 12th pick on the field

PATHETIC!!!!!

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 10:29 PM
Sorry but some of you guys have ran out of ammunition.

Please give me a reason that makes sense?

Waiting?

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 10:33 PM
I think BIG FRAUD GUTE needs to show some “Guts and Glory” and play his big picks.

I wanna see Jordan Love go out there with this scrub receiving corp. let’s see the MAGIC!!!

Upnorth
04-27-2020, 10:43 PM

All in big time games.

PATHETIC!!!!!

He said not likely, there are always exception. You can cherry pick either way.
Is Clark garbage because he wasn't productive until year two? Rodgers didn't produce for three years, what a waste of a pick.

I want immediate impact players, but realistically know it only happens sometimes.

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 10:47 PM
Hey guys. We did way way back in 2014.

Guess what happened? Hmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqTSZD90gk&feature=share

Woooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwieeeeeeee!

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 10:59 PM
He said not likely, there are always exception. You can cherry pick either way.
Is Clark garbage because he wasn't productive until year two? Rodgers didn't produce for three years, what a waste of a pick.

I want immediate impact players, but realistically know it only happens sometimes.

Those guys weren’t cherry picked. They were wanted on Packer Boards everywhere.

That’s your job as a Fucken GM is to go get the right guys. If you can’t draft the right players you won’t be around long. This isn’t a fantasy football league.

GB-Brandon
04-27-2020, 11:04 PM
If you can’t identify REAL TALENT then yes your stuck with putting together some power run scheme with big asses and legs.

Rodgers needs to get out of here as fast as he can. These guys are Fucken Idiots. You don’t do this shit when you have Aaron Rodgers.

Period!!!!

sharpe1027
04-27-2020, 11:16 PM
Back on the thread topic, I would like to think I would make the decision that I believed in, but doing so at the risk of my job I know I might actually play it safer.

There's so much chance that goes into the draft, anyone pretending to know the outcome right afterwards is just fooling themselves. It would be easy to justify other less contraversal picks.

In any event, I see little value in getting all pissy about a draft. Nobody really knows how it will turn out. That's why it's so captivating.

mraynrand
04-27-2020, 11:21 PM
I wanna see Jordan Love go out there with this scrub receiving corp. let’s see the MAGIC!!!

Do you think there will be a preseason this year?

call_me_ishmael
04-27-2020, 11:45 PM
Brandon my man. You need to find your girl or your wife or whatever, go sit on the couch, and have her suck your dick.

You need to relax my man. It's going to be fine. It's just football.

mraynrand
04-27-2020, 11:58 PM
Brandon my man. You need to find your girl or your wife or whatever, go sit on the couch, and have her suck your dick.

You need to relax my man. It's going to be fine. It's just football.

hahahahaha.

Your funniest post in a long time.

pbmax
04-28-2020, 07:31 AM
There is one problem with the Aiyuk was the pick and we are trading up to get him.

NFL teams don't commit and reports trades in the middle of the draft until the pick is on the clock.

So if they wanted Aiyuk and had an agreement with the Dolphins, that paperwork doesn't get done until Minnesota's pick is done. They would have know Aiyuk wasn't there and could have backed off. Very common.

So the Packers aren't stuck with the pick unless they want to pick there.

pbmax
04-28-2020, 07:32 AM

All in big time games.

PATHETIC!!!!!

What is the rate of failure here? How many did not contribute?

pbmax
04-28-2020, 07:34 AM
Hey guys. We did way way back in 2014.

Guess what happened? Hmmmm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqTSZD90gk&feature=share

Woooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwieeeeeeee!

They lost in the Championship Game?

GB-Brandon
04-28-2020, 12:49 PM
What is the rate of failure here? How many did not contribute?

Once again for the last time. My issue is the Packers “UNWILLINGNESS” to take the WR position seriously with a generational talent at QB. I completely understand some picks flame out but we have not even tried and that is the FACT!!!

There lies the issue.

mraynrand
04-28-2020, 12:53 PM
Once again for the last time. My issue is the Packers “UNWILLINGNESS” to take the WR position seriously with a generational talent at QB. I completely understand some picks flame out but we have not even tried and that is the FACT!!!

There lies the issue.

As a shorthand, you could just write: “Where is Padme?”

run pMc
04-28-2020, 02:09 PM
Gonna pull a Peter King:

1. I think Rodgers is still pretty good, but I'm not sure he's a Top 5 QB anymore. Don't spaz out, I said he's still pretty good.
2. I think a great QB is more important than a great WR. A great QB can -- and as we've seen -- often does, make chicken salad out of you-know-what.
C. I think last year's offense had a lot of M3 in it, and MLF wants to get rid of that. MLF's offense (and others that are similar) don't depend on great receivers. Who was SF starting at WR before they traded for Sanders?
C.2 I also think MLF wants to take away some of the audibles and freelancing Rodgers was doing, probably to protect Rodgers from himself as anything else. I have a feeling that drives MLF nuts.
%. I don't think they are rebuilding or giving up on Rodgers. I think they are looking to balance the offense more and give him more manageable down/distance to work with, as well as better play action big play opportunities. Think TEN with Tannehill, but better. Not necessarily my favorite style, but if it works and keeps Rodgers healthy and lethally efficient, I'm cool with it.
vi. I think Rodgers might be pissed off, but I don't think he's gonna pout about it. I think he's way too competitive, and will hold a kind of grudge to play out of his mind good to show Gute et al. that drafting Love instead of ... say, Tee Higgins ... was a big big mistake. I think he's going to want to take it out on defenses this year.
H.v.2.ii Finally, I think Gute drafted for the future, which is exactly what a GM should do. (He didn't do it at the positions I would have but whatever, I guess???) Rookies rarely make big contributions or start in Week 1 unless you have major holes/talent issues on your roster. Draft and develop is the name of the game.

GB-Brandon
04-28-2020, 05:01 PM
Gonna pull a Peter King:

1. I think Rodgers is still pretty good, but I'm not sure he's a Top 5 QB anymore. Don't spaz out, I said he's still pretty good.
2. I think a great QB is more important than a great WR. A great QB can -- and as we've seen -- often does, make chicken salad out of you-know-what.
C. I think last year's offense had a lot of M3 in it, and MLF wants to get rid of that. MLF's offense (and others that are similar) don't depend on great receivers. Who was SF starting at WR before they traded for Sanders?
C.2 I also think MLF wants to take away some of the audibles and freelancing Rodgers was doing, probably to protect Rodgers from himself as anything else. I have a feeling that drives MLF nuts.
%. I don't think they are rebuilding or giving up on Rodgers. I think they are looking to balance the offense more and give him more manageable down/distance to work with, as well as better play action big play opportunities. Think TEN with Tannehill, but better. Not necessarily my favorite style, but if it works and keeps Rodgers healthy and lethally efficient, I'm cool with it.
vi. I think Rodgers might be pissed off, but I don't think he's gonna pout about it. I think he's way too competitive, and will hold a kind of grudge to play out of his mind good to show Gute et al. that drafting Love instead of ... say, Tee Higgins ... was a big big mistake. I think he's going to want to take it out on defenses this year.
H.v.2.ii Finally, I think Gute drafted for the future, which is exactly what a GM should do. (He didn't do it at the positions I would have but whatever, I guess???) Rookies rarely make big contributions or start in Week 1 unless you have major holes/talent issues on your roster. Draft and develop is the name of the game.

This has already been posted. The Niners do VALUE RECEiVERS. They traded for Sanders last year and drafted Deebo Samuel(2nd round) last year and traded up in 1st this year to draft Brandon Aiyuk. They also have the best receiving TE in the NFL. The Titans value receivers as well. They have invested a No.5 pick in the draft on Cory Davis along with a 2nd round pick in AJ Brown last year. Both teams have multiple high value weapons that can beat you if you crowd the box to try and stop the run game.

Please quit making points that are simply not true.

The bottom line is the Packers don’t have a no.2 receiver other then plugging Devin Funches in there. I hope this works but once again counting on a guy who is injury prone and has a combined 47 catches in the last two seasons is less then ideal. We need to add something here if you really want to be considered a legitimate contender.

As far as Rodgers it’s pretty easy to come to some kind of speculation that he might be upset. I mean this is way bigger then losing his QB coach. Rodgers also has every right to be upset about what’s happened and would be warranted. We don’t know how angry he is but I am sure where there is smoke there is some type of fire. Well find out soon enough how upset he is. As far as this “it’s gonna motivate him to go to some elite level” I believe is very wishful thinking. The guy is already in the HOF and has zero to prove. He can come in and beat out Jordan Love with basically just going through the motions. Beating out Jordyn Love means nothing to him. All Rodgers wants to do is WIN A SUPER BOWL. He has been in the league a long time and has a pretty good understanding of what is required on his side. With having a bunch of WR’s that can’t get open consistently it really doesn’t matter how mad he gets or how well he plays. So Rodgers NEEDS the Packers to supply him with what other contending teams are supplying to their respective QB’s.

I Believe it’s Pretty Simple.

pbmax
04-28-2020, 05:09 PM
I actually agree with Brandon mostly. The lack of attention to WR seems contrary to most of the Shanahan coaching tree. Though its a mixed bag in Washington.

Thy drafted Hankerson and had Santana Moss and Garcon. Cooley and then Reed were the big targets.

Sparkey
04-28-2020, 05:57 PM
How many years does it take to transition offense or defense ? Three ?

To me, this looks no different than when teams transition from a 4/3 to a 3/4.

You start with veterans that have played the scheme and then you draft players that fit the mold. AJ Dillon, for example.

Personally, the transition is a long time coming. How many times did we watch our offense score at will in 2 minutes and the the D gets worn down by the other teams O.

GB-Brandon
04-28-2020, 07:57 PM
How many years does it take to transition offense or defense ? Three ?

To me, this looks no different than when teams transition from a 4/3 to a 3/4.

You start with veterans that have played the scheme and then you draft players that fit the mold. AJ Dillon, for example.

Personally, the transition is a long time coming. How many times did we watch our offense score at will in 2 minutes and the the D gets worn down by the other teams O.

As far as the offense goes its not as simple as going from a 3-4 to 4-3. I don’t believe anybody can give you an accurate time. I believe if they could do it in 2-3 years then that would be a huge success. It will not happen in one year but it will transform more then last year. More things will be implemented in it as they get more of the correct pieces and they definitely have some work to do.

Ultimately they want to get two huge Beefcake Tackles that fit the scheme. I don’t believe Bakh fits the long term plan of the scheme. I would be shocked if he was re-singed.

Right now with this draft they were trying to get some of the guts needed. As much as some people think I’m a “doom and gloomer” I actually have good report cards for this draft with the “caveat” of the vision in place. So while i don’t like the vision considering Rodgers they are doing a pretty good job of creating their vision.

Dillon is a horse and if he went to Alabama or LSU he would of been a 1st round pick. He went to Boston College so we got him at the end of the second round. If you saw him at the combine you were like “holy shit” and he has the tape to back it up. He is there “Derrick Henry” and Dillon was one of my favorite players in college football. I had him mocked to us in some of my mocks. I believe he is gonna be a star and a major force in this offense sooner then later. The 1-2 punch of him and AJ might put us at the top of the league. The only downside I see is how long we will get the production with his reckless power running style. They will probably run him to the ground within 4 years.

This next guy I have to admit I’m getting excited about. Deguara is a beast. They reached a little but they did get the right player. I wish they would do the same damn thing at receiver. He fits LaFluers scheme perfectly to the tee with his versatility. I expect him to be a fan favorite quickly and the guy is tough as nails. I expect him to help bring a level of toughness to the scheme. He will make an immediate impact as rookie and in more ways then you see in the stat sheets.

Not excited about the Kamal Martin at all. Once again the Packers showed there not the best at drafting defense.

I will talk about the OL guys more individually later but i like what I see collectively . There some tough dudes. You take these picks with Elgton Jenkins and the interior line is set for years.

So there ya go. “Nuts & Bolts” - “Big Ass’a & Big Leggs” whatever you want to call it. There building POWER FOOTBALL in GREEN BAY.

Bretsky
04-28-2020, 08:46 PM
I actually agree with Brandon mostly. The lack of attention to WR seems contrary to most of the Shanahan coaching tree. Though its a mixed bag in Washington.

Thy drafted Hankerson and had Santana Moss and Garcon. Cooley and then Reed were the big targets.

Brandon knows his shit and contributed a ton well before the 2020 draft debacle.

Had I posted these picks in a mock draft "before" the draft everybody would be torching the picks

Then it happened

And now many are trying to justify them.

And I hope I'm frickin wrong. I hope Jordan Love become a Hall of Fame QB and wins multiple Super Bowls, unlke the previous 2 QB's in Green Bay.

And I hope Baconshit turns out to be a stud and gets 15 sacks next year.

But at this point I'm calling a spade a spade.

GB may not have been that far away from a Super Bowl. But they sacrificed the present for the future, and in a draft where they could have greatly elevated their talent they really didn't, or at best only slightly did.

I'm way way less confident the Packers led by AROD win another Super Bowl than I was before the trainwreck started Thursday

Bretsky
04-28-2020, 09:22 PM
There is one problem with the Aiyuk was the pick and we are trading up to get him.

NFL teams don't commit and reports trades in the middle of the draft until the pick is on the clock.

So if they wanted Aiyuk and had an agreement with the Dolphins, that paperwork doesn't get done until Minnesota's pick is done. They would have know Aiyuk wasn't there and could have backed off. Very common.

So the Packers aren't stuck with the pick unless they want to pick there.

I thought McGinn's artickle in the Athletic, the full one, was very good. Some talking points from his sources and ....we all know he has them

GB tried to trade up with Minnesota but SF made it happen. He did not commit to who GB wanted.

Thinks MatyyF was in love with Love's skillset and had him rated highly. Went on to note the rumors indy wanted to move up were incorrect. And Indy was interested in Love but only with their second 2nd round pick at 44. Did not another team may have tried to move up but suggested good chance he's there at 30

GB tried to move up in round two for WR's. Unsure for who. But not having the 4th killed them as that was a needed chip. Don't think we wanted to part with 2 and 3, and don't think others wanted to take a 5 and 6 or a 5 and 7. \\

Zool
04-28-2020, 10:27 PM
Brandon knows his shit and contributed a ton well before the 2020 draft debacle.

Has anyone here disputed that?

pbmax
04-28-2020, 10:38 PM
I thought McGinn's artickle in the Athletic, the full one, was very good. Some talking points from his sources and ....we all know he has them

GB tried to trade up with Minnesota but SF made it happen. He did not commit to who GB wanted.

Thinks MatyyF was in love with Love's skillset and had him rated highly. Went on to note the rumors indy wanted to move up were incorrect. And Indy was interested in Love but only with their second 2nd round pick at 44. Did not another team may have tried to move up but suggested good chance he's there at 30

GB tried to move up in round two for WR's. Unsure for who. But not having the 4th killed them as that was a needed chip. Don't think we wanted to part with 2 and 3, and don't think others wanted to take a 5 and 6 or a 5 and 7. \\

Its still an open question who they were targeting with trade talk prior to SF jumping up and grabbing Aiyuk. I wish we had reports on it, but we don't. We just have speculation and a report GB talked to Minny.

SF paid a small premium to get the pick but it also would not be unheard of for Division rivals not to want to trade.

I hope we find out.

call_me_ishmael
04-28-2020, 10:52 PM

Can you share the content of the article? I haven't been able to find it.

Personally - based on what I've heard on the radio from WSSP folks, it sounds like ol' Bob lost his press credentials when JSO had cuts and he went independent. Hasn't gone it back and been kind of a biotch since then. I know he has sources but I also take what he says with a grain of salt.

run pMc
04-29-2020, 07:00 AM

I said it doesn't depend on great receivers. TEN's rookie Brown was probably the best of their bunch IMO, and SF was trotting out All Pros like Kendrick Bourne.
Did they invest in WRs? Yes. GB hasn't really done this with the exception of Gute's first draft. Maybe they feel like they can get by most of the time with Day3 WRs; personally, I don't.
The Cobb and Davante drafts were a long time ago.

pbmax
04-29-2020, 07:11 AM
Can you share the content of the article? I haven't been able to find it.

Personally - based on what I've heard on the radio from WSSP folks, it sounds like ol' Bob lost his press credentials when JSO had cuts and he went independent. Hasn't gone it back and been kind of a biotch since then. I know he has sources but I also take what he says with a grain of salt.

Its garbage partial, you don't want to read it.

MadtownPacker
04-29-2020, 07:56 AM
PB you know Partial is oblivious to shit like that. The boy is not gangsta at all so might have to PM him.

pbmax
04-29-2020, 08:18 AM
Bob does still have sources (the mean kids on Twitter think he had a mole or two on the team but then lost them) and I believe he gets the quotes he uses.

But, especially with the draft, he isn't judicious about using anonymous ones in context.

Worse though, is where he goes himself after a couple of quotes. He retweeted that fake Ian Rapoport account on draft day and he is still on that bandwagon.

Bob did not lose press credentials, he retired from JSO after they merged with GBPG (or shortly thereafter). He is now getting the cold shoulder because he used to mock reporters with two jobs (TV, blog, radio) and bloggers. When he started his own blog let's just say a few people in WI were celebrating.

The Packers don't credential bloggers or podcast hosts or the like. With the Athletic, he probably could get back in.

Bretsky
04-29-2020, 10:59 AM
Its garbage partial, you don't want to read it.

Homerview

Where there is fuel there is fire.

pbmax
04-29-2020, 12:43 PM
Homerview

Where there is fuel there is fire.

Still need a match there Lars.

Fritz
04-29-2020, 01:59 PM
Good post.

This was a ballsy call, if it works or not, time will tell.

I've been wanting a high round QB prospect for a couple of years now, mostly because I see Rodgers skills degrading and concerns about his durability. I think it was the right decision, whether Love was the right pick, we will find out.

What he say. Plus Rashan Gary sucks, plus Drew Barrymore is hot.

There. Covered everything important.

mraynrand
04-29-2020, 03:00 PM
plus Drew Barrymore is hot..

She makes dirty old men 'hot' - if you get my drift...

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F4Qw7u5F WUkbeg%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1