PDA

View Full Version : WIN / WIN for All

Radagast
05-01-2020, 03:46 AM
The drafting of Jordan Love can be a win/win situation for both Rodgers/Love and for the Packers. As a mentor Rodgers wins as he grows still further as a player by teaching and befriending Love. Love wins as he benefits by learning from the future HOF QB (Rodgers). LaFleur and the Packers win as the depth of the QB position grows more solid moving forward.

I can't believe that Rodgers is intimidated by Love or any other QB on the QB roster The media does delight in spinning stories, true or fake, that elevates their carriers. No rift currently exist between Rodgers and Love. Brett Favre spoke out of turn as he represented how Rodgers "must" feel about Love's being drafted. He does not speak for Rodgers, but the media latched upon Favre's comments and spun them into what they hope will become a "BIG STORY" for them.

Another win may come from not drafting a WR in the 2020 NFL Draft. Taking a WR late in the 2nd round is not as sure as one drafted early in the 1st round. That said, I'd agree with Gutekunst that picking a late 2nd round WR is a larger gamble than the WRs he already has on his current roster. Furthermore, along with a large group of multi-position players, yet another WR has been added alongside of the addition of Devin Funchess. So far that makes two off season WRs added with, I believe, more to come. A win for the Packers as the battle for the remaining WR slots behind Adams will be epic this summer. WR improvement should be dramatic. GB wins yet again.

:pack:

texaspackerbacker
05-01-2020, 02:45 PM
Excellent Post, Radagast. A lot of people in here as well as some media fools too just don't get it.

MadtownPacker
05-01-2020, 09:01 PM
Agreed Rad. The players drafted ARE impact players for right now. It was about getting tougher. Instead of getting pushed around and bullied like a little chavala by SF. I have already said how I feel about Rodgers the person but I get the feeling he is going to have a masterpiece season. The same team that was there last year is still there and is wiser from the experience. If the success level is the same or better all good if not switch out the broken pieces.