PDA

View Full Version : How much does mark murphy pay himself?

red
05-10-2020, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know?

Does he decide how much he gets paid or does the boards have any kind of say in it?

This kind of goes with my other post in another thread. Is Murphy’s motivation to win championships, or to keep his job?

The chances are pretty slim for a nfl team ceo getting another job that pays as much. It’s not like he’s qualified to make ceo money for some other business

He’s got a pretty good gig, with no real boss. I’m sure he’ll do whatever he has to in order to keep it

Joemailman
05-10-2020, 05:19 PM
Murphy is the President of the Executive Committee which is chosen by the Board Of Directors. I assume the Board Of Directors determines his salary.

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know?

Does he decide how much he gets paid or does the boards have any kind of say in it?

This kind of goes with my other post in another thread. Is Murphy’s motivation to win championships, or to keep his job?

The chances are pretty slim for a nfl team ceo getting another job that pays as much. It’s not like he’s qualified to make ceo money for some other business

He’s got a pretty good gig, with no real boss. I’m sure he’ll do whatever he has to in order to keep it

Very Good Post. Yes, Mediocrity starts at the top and some achieve their “justification of position” by never taking any real chances but simply hovering around mediocrity pointing out “How Bad It Could Be” which some older Packer fans can identify with. It’s a “Play It Safe Formula” that would have Vince Lombardi rolling in his grave.

This is “Not Striving For Excellence” and that’s the bottom line. I would much rather be in the camp that did “Everything Possible To Win” and fall short then the camp of “Let’s Play It Safe And See If We Can Get Lucky”

Someone please show me anything or something where Lombardi would endorse this attitude or mind-set?

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 06:11 PM
I see an “Extreme Disconnect” between what is being marketed and what the actual product is.

mraynrand
05-10-2020, 06:56 PM
I see an “Extreme Disconnect” between what is being marketed and what the actual product is.

I’m confused by this. I think striving for a championship and winning was marketed. 13-3 and being in the NFCC game seem to be consistent with that. What have you to offer except negative bluster?

Bretsky
05-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Too Much

Patler
05-10-2020, 08:35 PM
It’s not like he’s qualified to make ceo money for some other business

He isn't? Why not? He first got an MBA in finance after leaving the NFL. Later he got a JD and worked as a trial attorney in the Justice Dept. He was a top executive in the players association, and AD at Colgate, then Northwestern.

Just as qualified as many other CEOs.

Patler
05-10-2020, 08:45 PM
I'm sure Murphy doesn't set his own salary anymore than any other CEO sets her/his own salary. I expect some committee with overall board approval established his compensation at initial hiring, and all subsequent increases to it.

Murphy is extremely well-qualified by education and experience for the job he has. Of course many well-qualified individuals don't always perform well at the jobs they have.

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 09:29 PM
I’m confused by this. I think striving for a championship and winning was marketed. 13-3 and being in the NFCC game seem to be consistent with that. What have you to offer except negative bluster?

13-3 and NFC Champ game loss wouldn’t be a success too “Lombardi”. It could be a step in the “right direction”. I see it as a good start for a new coaching regime and a lot of people(including me) were on board heading into the off-season and that the Packers and front office would parlay that season with adding the necessary pieces too “FINISH THE FUCKEN DEAL!” See that’s the measure of “GREATNESS”. That’s what “CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS DO!!!”

There is nothing great about sticking a knife in the back of your franchise QB and basically undermining him and playing 6th grade games by not even drafting one damn receiver in a loaded receiver draft. This is not a “One Off-season Thing” either. This has been going on for years now. If it was a 13-3 success “Like You Say” then why not address the needs at hand?

What Gute has done is “UNFORGIVABLE” and it will be plain to see sooner rather then later!!!

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 09:38 PM
I'm sure Murphy doesn't set his own salary anymore than any other CEO sets her/his own salary. I expect some committee with overall board approval established his compensation at initial hiring, and all subsequent increases to it.

Murphy is extremely well-qualified by education and experience for the job he has. Of course many well-qualified individuals don't always perform well at the jobs they have.

I went to College. Even played some college ball. Was a JC All-American. I’m a retired commercial Washington DC real estate investor with a 25 years sales background.

Does that mean I can do what Murphy does?

Murphy. LOL

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 09:45 PM
Is it about being part of “The Good Old Boy Club?” or is it really about “Striving For Greatness” and putting the best people in place regardless of all the bullshit!!!

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 09:50 PM
All I’m trying to say is I know the “Lombardi Principles” work and I don’t believe there being practiced now in the Packer organization.

This is nothing more then a “Clown Show”

Patler
05-10-2020, 09:57 PM
I went to College. Even played some college ball. Was a JC All-American. I’m a retired commercial Washington DC real estate investor with a 25 years sales background.

Murphy. LOL

If that is the extent of your background, I am more qualified than you, and Murphy much more than I am.

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 10:03 PM
If that is the extent of your background, I am more qualified than you, and Murphy much more than I am.

If it’s about building up the “Title-Town District” and making $ I would agree.

The proof has shown that Probably isn’t true as far as Winning Championships. I would call having a generational QB like Aaron Rodgers with only one Super Bowl a Gigantic Failure.

Patler
05-10-2020, 10:12 PM
All I’m trying to say is I know the “Lombardi Principles” work and I don’t believe there being practiced now in the Packer organization.

This is nothing more then a “Clown Show”

What are the "Lombardi Principles"?

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 10:36 PM
What are the "Lombardi Principles"?

People(fans) aren’t investing in the Green Bay Packers because Mark Murphy is some genius “Guru Salesman.” He already has the customers and most are very loyal. 10-6 seems to keep them off his door step.

They buy into it and invest because of the legacy of the franchise, and the community buy in(small market) and nationally because of the legacy of Vince Lombardi and his “Greatness.” Of course there are also the ones that just love Aaron Rodgers or Brett Favre years ago.

Little of this has anything to do with Mark Murphy.

We really don’t need to go into “Lombardi Principles.” We both know what they are. The “ACTIONS” of the front office have not quite added up to those if your being honest. This off-season is the final proof of it and nail in the coffin. This has been building up for years now. Rather then go “All-In” to win now with extreme urgency they went the opposite direction. Once again this isn’t my words but there “ACTIONS”.

People keep trying to spin this whole thing every which way but the bottom line is they “tapped out” according to their “ACTIONS.” They moved into a different direction. We’ll see how it turns out.

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 10:55 PM
“Glamorizing 2nd Place” is not a Lombardi Principal.

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 11:16 PM
Giving up rushing records in a Playoff Game and keeping your job “Isn’t a Lombardi Principle”

“If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.”

Vince Lombardi

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 11:17 PM
I could go on and on.

GB-Brandon
05-10-2020, 11:35 PM
Is there “Character” going on?

I’m not so sure with the way they are handling Aaron Rodgers.

Joemailman
05-11-2020, 12:03 AM
I could go on and on.

I'm sure you will. And on. And on. And on.

Patler
05-11-2020, 12:34 AM
We really don’t need to go into “Lombardi Principles.” We both know what they are.

Actually, we do need to go into them, if you are going to use them as the standard for judging current performances.

By the way, the cutesy sayings you quoted do not mean much to me as regards operating principles.

mraynrand
05-11-2020, 07:37 AM

Murphy. LOL

I didn’t know junior colleges selected all-Americans. I learn something everyday on this site.

mraynrand
05-11-2020, 07:38 AM
“Glamorizing 2nd Place” is not a Lombardi Principal.

Taking time to raise your son isn’t a Lombardi Principle either. Careful what you glamorize.

red
05-11-2020, 08:25 AM
He isn't? Why not? He first got an MBA in finance after leaving the NFL. Later he got a JD and worked as a trial attorney in the Justice Dept. He was a top executive in the players association, and AD at Colgate, then Northwestern.

Just as qualified as many other CEOs.

I honestly had no clue he had all that, I thought he was just a former football player

pbmax
05-11-2020, 08:34 AM
13-3 and NFC Champ game loss wouldn’t be a success too “Lombardi”.

You are correct. He probably trades the QB who played pretty poorly.

pbmax
05-11-2020, 08:35 AM
Too Much

Stop agreeing with me!

pbmax
05-11-2020, 08:46 AM
I honestly had no clue he had all that, I thought he was just a former football player

Weren't you speculating that he was going to hire Pat Fitzgerald due to the Northwestern connection?

red
05-11-2020, 09:33 AM
Weren't you speculating that he was going to hire Pat Fitzgerald due to the Northwestern connection?

I don’t even know who pat fitzgerald is

So maybe that was me

SudsMcBucky
05-11-2020, 01:56 PM
I'm all for differing opinions and all, but this is getting old and tiresome.

Smidgeon
05-11-2020, 02:52 PM

Man, you know things are getting out of hand when the "more often than not" lurkers are commenting on this...

mraynrand
05-11-2020, 02:53 PM

Welcome to Packerrats :)

red
05-11-2020, 05:27 PM

What questioning the team rather then just suckle at the mighty penis of the club and ask for seconds?

You should see how fans of other teams react when you aren’t brought up thinking that the packers are more important then Jesus christ

red
05-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Why are most of you even fucking here if you don’t want to here differing views? Why even come to a fucking forum

Are you just expecting a bunch of people agreeing with you to boost your egos

Www.packers.com

Here, may as well just use that site. It’ll give you all the perfect rah rah, everything is great news that most of you want. Without any bothersome questions

pbmax
05-11-2020, 05:47 PM
What questioning the team rather then just suckle at the mighty penis of the club and ask for seconds?

You should see how fans of other teams react when you aren’t brought up thinking that the packers are more important then Jesus christ

Most other fans wish they could root for success like the Packers have had.

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Well, when you have a malignant cancerous tumor you gotta go deep. Can’t just cut the tip off and expect everything to be fine.

It’s unfortunate because it will feel like 10 steps backwards but we can get “Better Football People”

I’m sure Murphy can find a CEO job somewhere with his “Stellar Resume”

Gute can go back to being a regional scout and “Study RAS Boards”

LaFleur can go coach QB’s somewhere “With just about every offense improving after he left their organization”

Pettine can go back to being an advisory member for the Seahawks “Doing whatever it is he does”

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 06:50 PM
I didn’t know junior colleges selected all-Americans. I learn something everyday on this site.

Well that led to the Pac-12 which was actually the Pac-10 back then. You might learn more with time.

Bretsky
05-11-2020, 07:23 PM
ET had our solution years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAt-NThc48I

RashanGary
05-11-2020, 07:28 PM
Gutebag is a far superior term than "Thanks Ted", so things are getting better.

Bretsky
05-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Gutebag is a far superior term than "Thanks Ted", so things are getting better.

You have that one; GuteBag sounds pretty cool.

ThanksTed has no ring to it :)

George Cumby
05-11-2020, 08:39 PM
+1

George Cumby
05-11-2020, 08:41 PM

Murphy. LOL

But did you shut down some dude most of us haven't heard of in High School?

George Cumby
05-11-2020, 08:43 PM
Well, when you have a malignant cancerous tumor you gotta go deep.

Physician, heal thyself.

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 09:05 PM
But did you shut down some dude most of us haven't heard of in High School?

I can name many people you’ve heard of but I’m not hear to brag. Simply stating I don’t see why some think Mark Murphy is all that and a bag of chips. Somehow he has survived this constant failure of the front office of not supporting AR12 adequately and he needs to start being questioned for the failure. I don’t see why he gets a “PASS.” His big ego allowed him to position himself in his “new role” in the Packers power structure after firing Thompson and McCarthy.

Yes, we were 13-3 last year and I’m not trying to put everyone in a bad mood over this but when this “new direction” fails I think Murphy needs to go too. These guys are making major headlines with their moves and if this whole thing blows up it won’t be pretty. The obvious thing to do was right in front of them and instead they wanna try and show everyone what genius’s they are. We call this “Chasing Candy” and “Gettin Greedy With It”

Murphy is supposed to oversee “EVERYTHING” and for him to allow Gute to make this reckless and selfish move then Murphy needs to be held responsible too. I’m sure his hands were in the cookie jar. This whole thing is such a joke anyways. You mean to tell me the Packers are gonna transform into this big dominant run heavy team when they can’t even stop the Fucken run themselves?

And I thought it was insane last year with some of the moves etc etc. This has topped the cake.

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 09:25 PM
“Something Is Rotten In The State Of Denmark”

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 09:44 PM
I really don’t give a shit either how many degrees Murphy has. He acts like the “DeFacto Owner.” He has been the top dawg with 10 years of Aaron Rodgers in his prime and only one Super Bowl Championship is a MASSIVE FAILURE!!!

Can you all imagine Michael Jordan with one ring? Thank you Mark Murphy. It’s pathetic! It will all come full circle very soon. The opportunity missed will be talked about 50-100 years down the road. That’s how bad this whole thing has been blown.

Wild Card wins don’t count in this situation. Nobody will remember those!

Patler
05-11-2020, 10:17 PM
I really don’t give a shit either how many degrees Murphy has. He acts like the “DeFacto Owner.” He has been the top dawg with 10 years of Aaron Rodgers in his prime and only one Super Bowl Championship is a MASSIVE FAILURE!!!

Can you all imagine Michael Jordan with one ring? Thank you Mark Murphy. It’s pathetic! It will all come full circle very soon. The opportunity missed will be talked about 50-100 years down the road. That’s how bad this whole thing has been blown.

Wild Card wins don’t count in this situation. Nobody will remember those!

I assume you are as riled about the Harlan/Wolf/Favre Era?

mraynrand
05-11-2020, 10:22 PM
Physician, heal thyself.

lol

mraynrand
05-11-2020, 10:24 PM
13-3 and NFC Champ game loss wouldn’t be a success too “Lombardi”. It could be a step in the “right direction”. I see it as a good start for a new coaching regime and a lot of people(including me) were on board heading into the off-season and that the Packers and front office would parlay that season with adding the necessary pieces too “FINISH THE FUCKEN DEAL!” See that’s the measure of “GREATNESS”. That’s what “CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS DO!!!”

There is nothing great about sticking a knife in the back of your franchise QB and basically undermining him and playing 6th grade games by not even drafting one damn receiver in a loaded receiver draft. This is not a “One Off-season Thing” either. This has been going on for years now. If it was a 13-3 success “Like You Say” then why not address the needs at hand?

What Gute has done is “UNFORGIVABLE” and it will be plain to see sooner rather then later!!!

This seems like negative bluster.

KYPack
05-11-2020, 10:25 PM
Well that led to the Pac-12 which was actually the Pac-10 back then. You might learn more with time.

What do you mean by this bullshit?

Zool
05-11-2020, 10:32 PM

Why, because the exact same stories were written about how Wolf never gave Favre enough help in the later years? Or how Thompson never gave Favre enough help in the even later years? Or that Favre should want to leave GB when they drafted Rodgers? How they don’t respect this generational QB?

It’s like the stories are regurgitated very 10 years.

Zool
05-11-2020, 10:37 PM
Well, when you have a malignant cancerous tumor you gotta go deep. Can’t just cut the tip off and expect everything to be fine.

It’s unfortunate because it will feel like 10 steps backwards but we can get “Better Football People”

I’m sure Murphy can find a CEO job somewhere with his “Stellar Resume”

Gute can go back to being a regional scout and “Study RAS Boards”

LaFleur can go coach QB’s somewhere “With just about every offense improving after he left their organization”

Pettine can go back to being an advisory member for the Seahawks “Doing whatever it is he does”

Okay you start and well all follow. Could you give us the first couple steps on how we can get Gutes or Murphy fired? Can you explain how we can get them to start letting us in on the conference call during the draft? I’m genuinely curious what you think we can do rom our electronic device of choice to affect real change in the org.

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 10:37 PM
What do you mean by this bullshit?

Not certain what you mean? I’m not gonna kiss someone’s ass when there being condescending to me.

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 10:39 PM

I’ll just answer this by saying the Packers have left a lot of hardware on the table.

pbmax
05-11-2020, 10:47 PM
You have that one; GuteBag sounds pretty cool.

ThanksTed has no ring to it :)

You show me Danica posing with Gutebag swag and I'll consider it a contender. Otherwise:

Thanks Ted!

https://onmilwaukee.com/images/articles/de/deannafavrethanksted/deannafavrethanksted_fullsize_story1.jpg?200910091 85119

pbmax
05-11-2020, 10:52 PM
Red can't even remember why Murphy was hired. Who on this board think Murphy is the second coming of Paul Brown?

GB-Brandon
05-11-2020, 11:15 PM
Okay you start and well all follow. Could you give us the first couple steps on how we can get Gutes or Murphy fired? Can you explain how we can get them to start letting us in on the conference call during the draft? I’m genuinely curious what you think we can do rom our electronic device of choice to affect real change in the org.

Look. I’m just a guy trying to wake people up to what’s dysfunctional with this organization. If you want too hate me for it then hate me. If someone has a different view that’s fine but I feel a lot of people are being mis-led here. I would not do this if I didn’t love the Packers so much. The fans are supposed to “own this team” so collectively the fans should have a say in who runs this thing. Like talking up at some of these share holder meetings instead of getting sold on all this bullshit. Once again “we’re paying for all this shit.” It’s our dollar. Would you rather have another Super Bowl trophy down at Lambeau or an Ice Skating rink? I know what my answer is.

As far as the “Aaron Rodgers Era” it’s probably too late. They have already torched it. My hope is when this whole thing crashes down we can re-establish some things. Too burn through two HOF QB’s over almost 30 years with just two championships is not acceptable any way you cut it. I really liked what Thompson had going on in the early years. He was like a wizard but things went bad with his health(which was kept a big secret) and things went from bad to worse. I feel like we got hoodwinked into Gute.

If this Jordan Love experiment fails it will be very interesting to see what happens when losing seasons start to pile up and the ensuing pressure that will follow. Right now we just had a playoff win so people will give this thing a chance. The next few years will reveal a lot. What the fans and locals do we will have to see but once again I thought the fans collectively own the team. That doesn’t mean we draft the players etc etc but we have to have the right people running this thing. That’s where it starts.

Zool
05-12-2020, 07:41 AM
Look. I’m just a guy trying to wake people up to what’s dysfunctional with this organization....snip

You didn't answer a single one of my questions. What I want doesn't matter. What you want doesn't matter. I'm trying to wake you up to the fact that you're trying to control something that is 100% out of your control. Everyone who's reading here knows what you think about this subject. It's time to let it go. You've attacked it from every single angle. If people don't agree with you by now, they never will.

mraynrand
05-12-2020, 08:07 AM
Look. I’m just a guy trying to wake people up to what’s dysfunctional with this organization. If you want too hate me for it then hate me. If someone has a different view that’s fine but I feel a lot of people are being mis-led here. I would not do this if I didn’t love the Packers so much. The fans are supposed to “own this team” so collectively the fans should have a say in who runs this thing. Like talking up at some of these share holder meetings instead of getting sold on all this bullshit. Once again “we’re paying for all this shit.” It’s our dollar. Would you rather have another Super Bowl trophy down at Lambeau or an Ice Skating rink? I know what my answer is.

As far as the “Aaron Rodgers Era” it’s probably too late. They have already torched it. My hope is when this whole thing crashes down we can re-establish some things. Too burn through two HOF QB’s over almost 30 years with just two championships is not acceptable any way you cut it. I really liked what Thompson had going on in the early years. He was like a wizard but things went bad with his health(which was kept a big secret) and things went from bad to worse. I feel like we got hoodwinked into Gute.

If this Jordan Love experiment fails it will be very interesting to see what happens when losing seasons start to pile up and the ensuing pressure that will follow. Right now we just had a playoff win so people will give this thing a chance. The next few years will reveal a lot. What the fans and locals do we will have to see but once again I thought the fans collectively own the team. That doesn’t mean we draft the players etc etc but we have to have the right people running this thing. That’s where it starts.

Are you high? If the Jordan Love ‘experiment’ fails and losses pile up, every head will roll. That’s how it works. You win or you’re out. Even if you’ve won, you only get a few years grace period before you get canned for not getting back to the Super Bowl. Despite all his wins, after 2014, Stubby’s days were numbered.

PS. Green Bay fans don’t own the Packers any more than any other teams’ fans. The fans only ever ‘own’ a team insomuch as they can stop attending if the team sucks. As you know a fan ‘boycott’ is far less likely in places like Green Bay Cleveland and Buffalo because the loyalty is so high and it’s the only show in town.

SudsMcBucky
05-12-2020, 12:11 PM

WTF? I even stated I'm all for different opinions, and in fact, even agree with many of those. It's the unrelenting 10 posts in 1 minute by someone that gets tiresome. It's like how many times can someone say the exact same thing in the matter of a single page of a thread?

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 01:31 PM
WTF? I even stated I'm all for different opinions, and in fact, even agree with many of those. It's the unrelenting 10 posts in 1 minute by someone that gets tiresome. It's like how many times can someone say the exact same thing in the matter of a single page of a thread?

So let me get this straight. Many of those posts people respond and challenge or debate what I am saying or possibly agree with part but have other ideas as well. Am I just supposed too ignore the replies too my posts?

Also, much of this discussion is about something that is being played daily on the “National News” so I belive it’s worth lengthy discussion. It’s kinda a BiG DEAL.

Geez

Don’t get upset with me. I didn’t make all these reckless moves.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 01:49 PM
If I have too draw my line with every narrative and align with “The Packers are Soooo Smart” and “Were gonna go 16-0” and “Gute is such a Genius” and “This is gonna make Rodgers mad so he is gonna play at an MVP level” it’s probably not gonna work. I do make positive postings on picks, moves and acquisitions that the Packers make. I also posted to take the Packers “ML” in the opener.

If people want to be “Cheerleaders” then that’s fine and I have no problem with that but I’m here to dig deep into discussion of the “How” and “Why”

mraynrand
05-12-2020, 04:44 PM
If I have too draw my line with every narrative and align with “The Packers are Soooo Smart” and “Were gonna go 16-0” and “Gute is such a Genius” and “This is gonna make Rodgers mad so he is gonna play at an MVP level” it’s probably not gonna work. I do make positive postings on picks, moves and acquisitions that the Packers make. I also posted to take the Packers “ML” in the opener.

If people want to be “Cheerleaders” then that’s fine and I have no problem with that but I’m here to dig deep into discussion of the “How” and “Why”

Your strawman arguments are boring.

texaspackerbacker
05-12-2020, 04:57 PM
Brandon, I can see you're really trying to catch up, but mraynrand has over 47,000 posts, and pbmax has over 67,000. Sorry, but you ain't catching them hahahahaha.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Your strawman arguments are boring.

Then why do you keep responding too them? Are they just so crazy like some big “Conspiracy Theory” for you? Is it too far from “The Packer Fan Bubble” of automated positive response’s no matter what the Packers do?

There is absolutely zero I have made up. I’ve supplied links and videos etc etc. I’ve put my thoughts into what I believe reading between the lines along with years of experience watching closely how this organization moves. If people want to think I’m wrong and believe that all these picks and moves are gonna start some big dynasty then great. That would be amazing.

I would very much like too be wrong about Murphy, Gute, Pettine, Rashan Gary, Jordan Love, This defense not being able to stop the run, Wagner failing at RT, lack of receiver talent, and Aaron Rodgers being traded next year with possible drama throughout the season.

We can agree to disagree. Call it “Straw Man” or whatever you want. We can re-visit these things later.

Zool
05-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Not very many disagree with you and even those only disagree in part. The difference is, we just don’t care because we have no say over the inner workings of the team.

Your pied piper routine is not working on the snakes because you’re playing a Nickleback song. It sucks and we’re tired of hearing it. At least go back to playing Creed, or maybe Imagine Dragons and a few might follow.

RashanGary
05-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Once you discredit yourself by being yourself, you'll come back with another name pulling the same shit.

mraynrand
05-12-2020, 05:43 PM
Then why do you keep responding too them? Are they just so crazy like some big “Conspiracy Theory” for you? Is it too far from “The Packer Fan Bubble” of automated positive response’s no matter what the Packers do?

There is absolutely zero I have made up. I’ve supplied links and videos etc etc. I’ve put my thoughts into what I believe reading between the lines along with years of experience watching closely how this organization moves. If people want to think I’m wrong and believe that all these picks and moves are gonna start some big dynasty then great. That would be amazing.

I would very much like too be wrong about Murphy, Gute, Pettine, Rashan Gary, Jordan Love, This defense not being able to stop the run, Wagner failing at RT, lack of receiver talent, and Aaron Rodgers being traded next year with possible drama throughout the season.

We can agree to disagree. Call it “Straw Man” or whatever you want. We can re-visit these things later.

I’m OK with differing views, I’m just tired of you.

red
05-12-2020, 06:04 PM
Not very many disagree with you and even those only disagree in part. The difference is, we just don’t care because we have no say over the inner workings of the team.

Your pied piper routine is not working on the snakes because you’re playing a Nickleback song. It sucks and we’re tired of hearing it. At least go back to playing Creed, or maybe Imagine Dragons and a few might follow.

Please don’t play any of those groups, they all suck equally

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 06:32 PM
Once you discredit yourself by being yourself, you'll come back with another name pulling the same shit.

Nice try. This is my 2nd screen name that includes two forums with this being the second.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 06:34 PM
I’m OK with differing views, I’m just tired of you.

Awwwww, I’m just crushed. :sad:

RashanGary
05-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Packer fans are very similar to red Sox fans or Cubs fans or bears fans or Vikings fans.

When rastak comes here, we wish him luck and talk very mild fun hearted shit, but mostly we wish him.and.his team well.

You come here just being as negative and shitty as possible and wonder why packer fans want to have a little hope or joy with their sport like every other fan tries to do.

Come on, man. You know what you're doing is rude and negative and disrespectful. Don't play stupid.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 06:55 PM

Nobody had any complaints of the song until after Gute jumped off the reservation. And it’s fine. I don’t have to get my hopes up big time this year. We’ll see what happens.

ThunderDan
05-12-2020, 07:04 PM

Says the guy who has had at least 3 names and been banned in the past.

RashanGary
05-12-2020, 07:07 PM

Everyone know who I am tho. It's just weird to have someone come out of the blue around a bunch of people he doesn't know and get so aggressive and intentional. I question his motives.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Packer fans are very similar to red Sox fans or Cubs fans or bears fans or Vikings fans.

When rastak comes here, we wish him luck and talk very mild fun hearted shit, but mostly we wish him.and.his team well.

You come here just being as negative and shitty as possible and wonder why packer fans want to have a little hope or joy with their sport like every other fan tries to do.

Come on, man. You know what you're doing is rude and negative and disrespectful. Don't play stupid.

I have a home 6 blocks from the stadium(Right on Onieda). I even invited some fans from another forum that I used to be on for 10 years too stay at my home when they came to Green Bay for their first Packer Game. I can literally walk to Lambeau Field right now. I spend over half the year living in Green Bay. I think I understand Packer fans pretty well. I was born in Green Bay Wisconsin. I have tons of Packer fan friends here. Most of them are as pissed as me. We’re all hoping for a miracle move. And don’t fool yourself. We have fans that get drunk, talk shit, and even get in physical fights at games Etc Etc. I thought I was in a war zone at the Eagles game last season. Sure, we have mild mannered older fun loving fans too but so does every fan base. Once again this is perception through “Your Lens”. My lens doesn’t have to look exactly like your Lens. That’s the beauty of it.

If you don’t think I want to have “hope or joy” in regards to the Packers then you got the wrong guy. I have made financial investments to make the Packers part of my life and my wife puts up with it. This Gutekunst is ruining everything. As you have seen I am not that happy about it. I really thought this is the year we would finally do it and I don’t really wanna get into it anymore. Everyone knows how i feel so we’ll see what happens. I’m hoping for the best. At this point I just hope they have a season.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 07:36 PM
Everyone know who I am tho. It's just weird to have someone come out of the blue around a bunch of people he doesn't know and get so aggressive and intentional. I question his motives.

I think I’ve made that “clear as day”. I want the Packers to Win A Super Bowl. I don’t believe we made
The right moves to give us the best chance to do that. It is what it is.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 07:41 PM
Packer fans and Green Bay. You mean the city where domestic violence skyrockets and detox centers overflow capacity after a Packer loss.

LoL. Yeah, tell me about Packer fans.

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 07:50 PM
If there is a training camp I will be at just about every practice if allowed. If some of these people get the fuck off my back I have no problem sharing daily what I see with the caveat that i am going to share it based on “How I See It”. People can take it for what it is.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me so I really don’t want be called “negative”, “doom and gloomer” etc etc. I’m not just gonna share the good things I see.

mraynrand
05-12-2020, 09:09 PM
Hey did we ever answer the title question? How much does Murphy get paid?

red
05-12-2020, 09:41 PM
Hey did we ever answer the title question? How much does Murphy get paid?

i can't find it anywhere

but one question was answered, he doesn't pay himself

mraynrand
05-12-2020, 09:57 PM
i can't find it anywhere

When I think about Mark Murphy I pay myself.

RashanGary
05-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Brandon, you've come to a forum of probably 50 regular contributors and you've been the center of attention for at least a month. Ask yourself if what you're doing is healthy or helpful to anyone but yourself.

Bretsky
05-12-2020, 10:19 PM
i can't find it anywhere

we are all paying for Marcia Marcia Marcia

GB-Brandon
05-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Brandon, you've come to a forum of probably 50 regular contributors and you've been the center of attention for at least a month. Ask yourself if what you're doing is healthy or helpful to anyone but yourself.

I can sense this is causing you some discomfort. I’m not trying to break up the band. What happened I did not expect too happen. For me it was a worse case scenario. Zool is right that there is nothing really to be done other then basically boycott which I’m not gonna do. I’m kinda too far into it. I’m at the point where I can just hope for the best and hopefully these guys are genius’s

I don’t see what’s necessarily unhealthy too express views on a forum and let some steam off. You may know what I know or you may know more then I know and that’s great. But I know based on what i know this wasn’t good. Maybe it was helpful too someone or maybe it wasn’t. I’m not here for any accolades or stats or anything like that. It’s not like i haven’t been challenged with my thoughts or credibility multiple times which is no problem. If everyone agreed with everyone all day long then I don’t see the fun or much healthy growth for that matter. If that’s what this is then I don’t want to disrupt the “50 or so people” in here to do that. Once again you have sports talk shows where they just debate hard for the entire hour. I really don’t see what’s so unhealthy too critically think moves, draft picks, direction of the team etc etc. Thats what I’ve done with some info that I am privy too. I’ve probably been on here more then normal due to societal circumstances lately. I plan on posting less and letting the long time band here do more of their thing.

I may be a little rough around the edges but i know what the hell I am talking about.

oldbutnotdeadyet
05-13-2020, 06:26 AM

And who the f*ck cares if it is healthy. Isn't that what these forums are about? i.e. back and forth discussion about the Packers quest to win another owl. I am trying to keep up on this forum, but it has really degraded over last month or so cause the regular posters are trying to exert their nazi mentality over the collective. I mean, honestly, this is just a sports forum, why the f*ck would anybody revert to name calling and personality attacks just because somebody does not agree with you??

oldbutnotdeadyet
05-13-2020, 06:28 AM
And yes, that is still my real picture in my avatar....

mraynrand
05-13-2020, 06:42 AM
I mean, honestly, this is just a sports forum, why the f*ck would anybody revert to name calling and personality attacks just because somebody does not agree with you??

Who would do such a thing?

pbmax
05-13-2020, 07:33 AM

That's just smart though. Like hiring hackers to catch hackers :lol:

pbmax
05-13-2020, 07:43 AM
Nobody had any complaints of the song until after Gute jumped off the reservation. And it’s fine. I don’t have to get my hopes up big time this year. We’ll see what happens.

This is just not true. We spent weeks bashing the decision to multiply the silos by Murphy. And Murphy himself said he was not paying as much attention to the football side as he should have. You haven't made a new line of inquiry here.

Opinion was split on whether this move made any sense. Bretsky and I and others (apologies for not remembering the teams) thought he should stick to the business side and keep the Harlan Wolf model. Even though some agreed (ie. me) that Thompson and the coaches did not always do a good job of coordinating needs and player acquisition.

Others thought a new reporting structure could be good, increase accountability and ensure silos are working together. Even more thought that not much would change.

The reason that people aren't with you on Murphy is that its all still early and vague with very few facts that argue against him. Gute has wedded himself to a strategy that is quite risky and did so in obvious fashion with this draft. That is why he is the focus now.

mraynrand
05-13-2020, 07:49 AM
The reason that people aren't with you on Murphy is that its all still early and vague with very few facts that argue against him. Gute has wedded himself to a strategy that is quite risky and did so in obvious fashion with this draft. That is why he is the focus now.

This may be true, but my beef with Brandon is his continual assigning of bad motives to his opposition. (“You are shills for the Packer organization”) or the construction of straw men opponents for his views. And his views of course are only motivated by His pure reason, sterling nobility and unblemished character.

Zool
05-13-2020, 08:31 AM
I may be a little rough around the edges but i know what the hell I am talking about.

Finally something I can agree with 100%. Your pre-draft posts were something I liked to read. Breakdown and analysis of players is something I have no time, energy, or ability to do so I like to come here and read the people who do.

ThunderDan
05-13-2020, 09:26 AM

Do we now have to take some "loyalty" test to make sure we have the right motives?

It's a fucking forum where almost anything goes. I didn't like that at first but am fine with it now. Hell, I even got a warning/probation from RetailGuy/Joe in 2010.

GB-Brandon
05-13-2020, 09:29 AM
Finally something I can agree with 100%. Your pre-draft posts were something I liked to read. Breakdown and analysis of players is something I have no time, energy, or ability to do so I like to come here and read the people who do.

Cool. Like I posted if there is a training camp and fans can attend(under current situation) i will be doing the same thing with training camp.

Zool
05-13-2020, 09:44 AM
Cool. Like I posted if there is a training camp and fans can attend(under current situation) i will be doing the same thing with training camp.

Hell yes

falco
05-13-2020, 10:12 AM
Do we now have to take some "loyalty" test to make sure we have the right motives?

It's a fucking forum where almost anything goes. I didn't like that at first but am fine with it now. Hell, I even got a warning/probation from RetailGuy/Joe in 2010.

you weren't the only one who got a lashing during his little power trip

RashanGary
05-13-2020, 11:08 AM
I took a couple weeks off because it was stirred up to high hell after the draft. I came back and it looks like a couple weeks of the same stuff.

I apologize if I made it an uncomfortable place for people to be themselves . I did start thinking Brandon was a longtime member who created a new name because he was so damn persistent and who the hell cares enough to come to a new place with new people and persist so tirelessly as he does...

So if I'm wrong on that assumption and really I'm just beating up new people with new voices, that was not my intention and I'll consider how to be decent Instead of being part of the problem.

If he is a regular poster who made a new account, that's sneaky and he has it coming though. That's why I was doing it. I don't like being lied too and snuck on, so I do beat up people who pull.thst shit and I do think they have it coming.

pbmax
05-13-2020, 03:00 PM
This may be true, but my beef with Brandon is his continual assigning of bad motives to his opposition. (“You are shills for the Packer organization”) or the construction of straw men opponents for his views. And his views of course are only motivated by His pure reason, sterling nobility and unblemished character.

I understand.

I was less commenting on Brandon's assertions about other fans than his eliding critiques that have been posted to this board about both Murphy and Gute.

pbmax
05-13-2020, 03:01 PM

Did he think you weren't actually Dan Majerle?

pbmax
05-13-2020, 03:06 PM
you weren't the only one who got a lashing during his little power trip

So you didn't sing pop songs in the 80s? Der Komissar and Rock Me Amedeus were someone else?

The only posters as even tempered as you are Fritz (non Rashan Gary posts) and willard. Maybe swede or guiness.

smuggler
05-13-2020, 03:26 PM
@Brandon: Go take your meds. This is your principle disqualifier for Murphy's job, by the way.

GB-Brandon
05-13-2020, 04:39 PM
I took a couple weeks off because it was stirred up to high hell after the draft. I came back and it looks like a couple weeks of the same stuff.

I apologize if I made it an uncomfortable place for people to be themselves . I did start thinking Brandon was a longtime member who created a new name because he was so damn persistent and who the hell cares enough to come to a new place with new people and persist so tirelessly as he does...

So if I'm wrong on that assumption and really I'm just beating up new people with new voices, that was not my intention and I'll consider how to be decent Instead of being part of the problem.

If he is a regular poster who made a new account, that's sneaky and he has it coming though. That's why I was doing it. I don't like being lied too and snuck on, so I do beat up people who pull.thst shit and I do think they have it coming.

I didn’t know this forum even existed a year ago. I have not been posting here under any other name. As stated I have only been on one other forum which was for roughly 8-9 years under the “Same Name.”

Do we need to do a credit check next? Where do I go give a blood sample and take my UA?

Will this all be followed up by a “Conference Call?”

Zool
05-13-2020, 04:53 PM
Actually it's a rectal exam by Mad. He's a sick SOB and the only thing he's figured out is 1 out of 10 new posters don't seem to mind.

GB-Brandon
05-13-2020, 05:58 PM
Actually it's a rectal exam by Mad. He's a sick SOB and the only thing he's figured out is 1 out of 10 new posters don't seem to mind.

I’m still waiting for the “Welcome Packet”

mraynrand
05-13-2020, 06:52 PM
I’m still waiting for the “Welcome Packet”

It’s probably on fire on your front porch.

Pro tip: don’t stomp it out.

red
05-13-2020, 06:53 PM
I had no clue gb-Brandon was new

Don’t we have another Brandon around here? I thought They were the same

falco
05-13-2020, 07:04 PM
So you didn't sing pop songs in the 80s? Der Komissar and Rock Me Amedeus were someone else?

The only posters as even tempered as you are Fritz (non Rashan Gary posts) and willard. Maybe swede or guiness.

Thanks PB, I think (?) that's a compliment.

Falco's career actually extended to the late 90s until he was killed in a car crash in the Dominican Republic. Some of his best work came later on.

Bretsky
05-13-2020, 09:23 PM

That's because you are always f'ckin drunk :))

pbmax
05-13-2020, 09:53 PM
Thanks PB, I think (?) that's a compliment.

Falco's career actually extended to the late 90s until he was killed in a car crash in the Dominican Republic. Some of his best work came later on.

Complete compliment. I did not know his career continued. As I am working my way backwards in music history to find something new to distract myself, I will have to dive back into the 80s and 90s for him again.

pbmax
05-13-2020, 09:56 PM

Other Brandon was poster Brandon494. Muhammed Ali avatar.

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21498-OFFICIAL-NFC-CHAMPIONSHIP-PACKERS-vs-BACKDOOR-BEARS-GAME-DAY-THREAD&p=569425&viewfull=1#post569425

red
05-13-2020, 10:06 PM

http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?21498-OFFICIAL-NFC-CHAMPIONSHIP-PACKERS-vs-BACKDOOR-BEARS-GAME-DAY-THREAD&p=569425&viewfull=1#post569425

Yeah him

Fuck you B!

call_me_ishmael
05-14-2020, 12:09 AM
Original Brandon was a wise man. New Brandon isn't bad, but it really seems like he needs to get laid. Hopefully he has cooled off post draft or got the cookie or something.

Joemailman
05-14-2020, 06:47 PM

Brandon494 hasn't posted here since gb-Brandon joined. Something doesn't seem right here... There needs to be an investigation.

https://sites.google.com/site/mrsgriffithsolc/_/rsrc/1425188473104/introduction-to-literature-circles/investigator/Investigator.jpg

RashanGary
05-14-2020, 07:00 PM
Brandon494 hasn't posted here since gb-Brandon joined. Something doesn't seem right here... There needs to be an investigation.

https://sites.google.com/site/mrsgriffithsolc/_/rsrc/1425188473104/introduction-to-literature-circles/investigator/Investigator.jpg

Brandon494 last posted on April 2019
New Brandon came around January this year.

That's a long time to disappear.

I would guess at Harlan huckleby or tank being the new Brandon

Zool
05-15-2020, 09:21 AM
I would guess at Harlan huckleby or tank being the new Brandon

Swing and a miss. New Brandon has a bunch of football knowledge.

RashanGary
05-15-2020, 10:41 AM
HH knows quite a bit. So does tank, oddly enough. He didn't 20 years ago. Neither did I. I was a 20 year old little know it all.

Tank can't help but learn a thing or two and hh always sort of did know but liked to be miserable no matter the situation so never made a lot of friends.

Rastak
05-16-2020, 08:03 PM

My favorite Patler! Brandon, I do like your posts, I know I criticized you during the draft but just because super negativity can be a bummer when applied over and over. I'm an interloper although one that has been around for over 20 years I believe. Slightly less than Tex I would guess. Anyway, I do enjoy your insights but Patler is Patler, and there can be no higher honor.

Rastak
05-16-2020, 08:07 PM
Swing and a miss. New Brandon has a bunch of football knowledge.

LOL, yea new Brandon isn't bad. Seems to be a good football guy.

George Cumby
05-17-2020, 10:21 PM
Brandon494 was a good poster. Watched a lot of college ball.

Too bad he doesn't post anymore.

New Brandon is kind of high strung. Needs to smoke some weed with 494.