PDA

View Full Version : No Mo's Official Draft Prediction (and yours)

No Mo Moss
04-16-2006, 11:39 PM
I would like to see everyone's final 1st round draft predictions on this thread. I have studied my film and am ready to lock in with my predicition.

#5 Vince Young QB Texas

The Packers will select Young with the #5 pick, but will have him play WR instead of QB. After the successes of Matt Jones and Randle El I believe Vince Young is too much of a gifted player to pass up on. If you watch filmon VY you see he has all the attributes to be an elite WR. VY will either be the #2 or #3 QB as well, but he will be successfully converted to a gamebreaking WR by mid-season. His athleticism and coordination have already seen him be the target of quite a few deep passes in college. If Arod faulters perhaps he makes it under center, but by making him a WR TT eliminates the horrible situation of drafting a QB with 2 consecutive 1st rounders while gaining the bar-none best player in the country and one exceptional future pro WR at the #5 spot. And a heck of an emergency QB.

Slash Young #10 Green Bay Packers

Write it in stone.

Doubters? Here are some highlights other than the Rose Bowl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1v-9fqUxhA&search=vince%20young

HarveyWallbangers
04-16-2006, 11:44 PM
Want: DE Mario Williams or LB A.J. Hawk
Predict: OL D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Partial
04-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Want - AJ HAWK
Take - Davis Love 3

Partial
04-17-2006, 12:05 AM
OMG a highlight film that makes a player look good :shock:

but yeah, I've said it for awhile VY has a chance at being the best player out of the draft. The best player for the Pack is AJ, though.

edit - VY looks a whole lot faster than a lot of players with faster 40 times in pads.

No Mo Moss
04-17-2006, 12:40 PM
I think he will be a Barry Sanders at the WR position.

oregonpackfan
04-17-2006, 02:04 PM
Want: Mario Williams, then A. J. Hawk

prediction: will get Matt Leinhart

Oregonpackfan

Rastak
04-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Want: Tom Malone Punter for USC

Will Get: AJ Hawk

:mrgreen:

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 02:14 PM
You crack me up.

Want: Davis
Will get: Mario

RashanGary
04-17-2006, 02:40 PM
I Want: Davis
TT Takes: Davis

Go T.T.

Harlan Huckleby
04-17-2006, 02:51 PM
I would be happy to take Vince Young. And WR is fine with me, but probably not ok with VY. He'll get a shot at QB first.

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 02:54 PM
I think he will be a Barry Sanders at the WR position.But Barry Sanders was a runningback. Don't you mean Jerry Rice-ish? Or are you inferring that he will play like Sanders trying to be a WR?

CyclonePackFan
04-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Want: AJ Hawk
Get: Trade down w/ Denver- Jimmy Williams and Bobby Carpenter

Interestingly enough on the Vince Young topic, I read an article sometime last year (I think) which was an idea for the Falcons, who have an both a scrambling QB (Vick) and a pocket passer QB (Schaub). I don't recall the details, but in essence it was a two-QB set, with both QB's lined up in a sort of shotgun and basically an option package, where the pocket passer could drop back and the scrambler would go out on a route or hand off to the scrambler who rolls out and has the option of either running/throwing.

Would be interesting to see, but if we DO for some reason draft VY and Favre comes back, it would be an interesting possibility of what to do with Favre/Rodgers and Young

Charles Woodson
04-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Speaking of Jimmy Williams on his charector.

Virginia Tech cornerback Jimmy Williams has been the subject of those kind of questions. He is the second-rated defensive back in the draft, behind Texas safety Michael Huff. Williams has size (6-3, 213 pounds) and speed (4.48), and as a junior he was terrific, making five interceptions. In 2005?

"One interception," said Todd McShay, Scouts Inc.'s director of college football and the NFL draft. "He was lazy and took a lot of unnecessary risks. He comes off as very arrogant."

McShay said Williams has top-10 talent -- Arizona still could take him with the No. 10 pick -- but he could fall into slots 20-25.

In a world where speed, strength and toughness usually prevail, is character overrated?

"No," Spielman said. "A tiger doesn't change its stripes. Eventually, you'll have issues with a player with a history. He may be an angel for a year, but it will circle around. If you're comfortable dealing with those issues on your team, that's fine. But beware."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2407432

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Between him and Vick I'm starting to wonder whether VT attracts players of bad character or if they train them that way...(I know all the Tech fans are going to jump all over me for that one but it really is just a question)

Charles Woodson
04-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Between him and Vick I'm starting to wonder whether VT attracts players of bad character or if they train them that way...(I know all the Tech fans are going to jump all over me for that one but it really is just a question)

Are there any tech fans?

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 04:11 PM
You make a good point. What round do you think Vick will be drafted in if at all (please, Lord, not to Green Bay)?

BooHoo
04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Want: Don't have a clue
Get: Trade down or QB

Charles Woodson
04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
You make a good point. What round do you think Vick will be drafted in if at all (please, Lord, not to Green Bay)?

I say someone takes a chance in the 5th

ND72
04-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Let me give you 1 guy we WON'T draft...D. Ferguson. he's a LT..will not play guard...he won't be drafted by green bay.

AJ HAWK

MJZiggy
04-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Well, now you've jinxed it. He will be in G&G in May for camp.

Guiness
04-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Well, I finally have to make a decision. I've been really waffling.
want: Vernon Davis
get: depends on NO. Williams if they trade out, AJ if NO drafts at #2

I'm adding round 2:
want: Davin Joseph
get: an OLB. Likely Carpenter or Howard

I'd also love to see VY as a WR. But I don't think it'll happen, not right away anyways. I haven't seen anything about him being open to that.

I think I come off as a VY hater sometimes, but I'm not. I'm just not sold on a lot of the stuff I've seen from him. Two things struck me in that highlight reel:

A lot of missed tackles - that just won't happen in the pros, and he won't break those long runs.

That @#$# throwing motion. Lots of rainbows, not a lot of frozen ropes leaving that boy's hands. Nothing that looked like any velocity to me.

OTOH as a previous poster mentioned, he does have burners. He runs away from a lot of CB and S that should be able to chase him down.

motife
04-18-2006, 04:42 AM
On another forum they say that Mike McCarthy's barber said the Packers are going to go "all-Sherman" this year, trade up to get the Saints #2 pick, then draft a punter.

Would Mike Sherman "get it" if they did do this? It would be a great "in your face" move, ala the Seahawks poison pill offer to Nate Burleson in response to the Vikings.

Also would show the media who's boss. Shut up Cliff Christl and Chris Havel for a day or two.