PDA

View Full Version : Condensed Game: 1993 NFC Wild Card in 9+ minutes

pbmax
05-24-2020, 09:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmtM-xNabI

pbmax
05-24-2020, 11:28 AM
Highlights:

1. Barry Sanders showing the difference between quickness and speed and he goes around Terrell Buckley like TBuck is standing still on the outside and gains the corner. But Buckley reels him in 20 yards later.

2. Buckley with pick that prevents a Herman Moore TD.

3. Who was 47 Mitchell in the D backfield?

4. I think I had Brett Perriman in FF that year and I won a LOT of games.

5. Favre pick 6.

6. Bryce Paup pass rushing from LE while Reggie was inside at DT.

7. #60 Zeno?

8. Darrell Thompson was not a bad receving running back.

9. Ken Ruettgers

10. Johnny Holland with a sack

11. Ed "Toolbox" West

12. George Teague, Mark Clayton and Edgar Bennett as your FB.

hoosier
05-24-2020, 11:51 AM
3. #47 was Roland Mitchell (had to check). One of those guys whose name you recognize when you hear it, but I would never have been able to name him unprompted. The other guy in that category, maybe even more anonymous, was the starting LG. The other OL are names everyone who was a Packer fan back then remembers: Ruettgers, Frankie Winters, Harry Galbreath, Tootie Robbins. Who was the fifth guy (no looking!)?

That was the year Leroy Butler really came into his own, and he was still enough of an athlete to be a ball hawk in addition to all the stuff he could do around the LOS.

pbmax
05-24-2020, 11:58 AM
You put it perfectly; I might have remembered the full name, but I could not have tell you where or when he played.

Same with that LG. Would have known the name and position but I would have put him on the wrong team (thought Bucs first). Did he have a brother who played?

hoosier
05-24-2020, 12:29 PM
Yup, Doug and Dave, teammates at BC and then Broncos during late 80s, early 90s.