PDA

View Full Version : WHO WILL HAVE THE HIGHER QB RATING 3 YEARS FORM NOW ?

Bretsky
05-25-2020, 11:39 AM
Now that Gutebag has found his Love and most likely punched AROD's ticket out of Green Bay before he wants to go, it's time to go back years and create a dreamy, but perhaps realistic Holiday Poll at the boring time of the year . Yes, you can give me an A for creativity, or an F for execution on this poll.

3 year from now Gutebag has drafted Love to be the starter. But there is still a QB out there targeted to soon start for one of the best teams in the NFL Soon that we could still have

SO WHO WILL HAVE THE HIGHER QB RATING ?

Upnorth
05-25-2020, 12:02 PM
I was expecting it to be arod v jlov. Love rod, hehehe....

Sparkey
05-25-2020, 12:49 PM
JLove, only because Hill won't have enough attempts to qualify.

texaspackerbacker
05-25-2020, 03:18 PM
Isn't there a minimum number of regular season reps needed for QB rating? Whatever it is, I'm predicting Love won't have it in 3 or 4 years. I wouldn't bet against him being the third consecutive Packer H of F QB, though.

RashanGary
05-25-2020, 03:26 PM
I think love is gonna sit as long as AR did. But, there is a good chance he starts his first year in year 3 too. AR will have a beautifully tradable contract at that time.

pbmax
05-25-2020, 05:04 PM
Taysom Hill will be punter before he is a starting QB.

bobblehead
05-25-2020, 06:19 PM
Taysom Hill will be punter before he is a starting QB.

Pb, why are you so dug in on this one? Sean Peyton has said Hill is the future starter after Brees. They put a first round tender on him and gave him a decent 2 year deal.

I could understand if you simply think he will fail, but you seem to think its a joke to even have the conversation. What is it about his skillset that makes you think he doesn't have a chance to be a decent NFL starter? Is he too much like Tebow and Kapernick, 2 other guys who failed as NFL QBs?

Bretsky
05-25-2020, 06:58 PM
Pb, why are you so dug in on this one? Sean Peyton has said Hill is the future starter after Brees. They put a first round tender on him and gave him a decent 2 year deal.

I could understand if you simply think he will fail, but you seem to think its a joke to even have the conversation. What is it about his skillset that makes you think he doesn't have a chance to be a decent NFL starter? Is he too much like Tebow and Kapernick, 2 other guys who failed as NFL QBs?

This is a reasonable post.

Hill is a much better passer than Tebow. The NFL seems to be moving toward great athlete's being QB's. Hill is a great athlete.

I think this is a reasonable debate

falco
05-25-2020, 10:11 PM
Hard to see Hill as anything more than a gimmick, but man it will be fascinating to watch

HarveyWallbangers
05-25-2020, 10:23 PM
Love, if both guys are full time starting QBs.

pbmax
05-26-2020, 08:14 AM

Part of this is just tweaking everyone about him. I'd actually root for him to succeed because of the offense he would need to run, though not to the Packers detriment :D

I just don't see him as a starter. Payton is publicly saying this of course, giving him a two deal and paying him close to journeyman QB money (~$10 mil per year)

But Winston is there on the cheap. I think Hill is at best a bridge starter for them as they look for the next long term guy.

I think he made enough noise to get offers as a QB this offseason (and he did have a small publicity campaign about it) and the Saints weren't in a position to say no. I don't think he is Tebow, I think he is a lesser Matt Flynn. But we will see.

pbmax
05-26-2020, 08:21 AM
This is a reasonable post.

Hill is a much better passer than Tebow. The NFL seems to be moving toward great athlete's being QB's. Hill is a great athlete.

I think this is a reasonable debate

I'd say Tebow/Hill comparison's are apt. Love is a complete unknown.

Taysom Hill is 30 and has started 10 games (11 with playoffs) and thrown 14 passes (in 3 years). He has never started a game as a QB. When given a choice the Saints signed Bridgewater for decent money to start. This year they signed Jameis Winston.

Tebow, for all his faults, threw 361 passes in 3 years and started for 2 teams.

Glennon got $16 mil to start for the Bears two years ago. If anyone else saw him as a starter, where was the offer this offseason?

texaspackerbacker
05-26-2020, 09:54 AM
See? It can be done. I'm referring to my suggestion for 4 years from now of retaining Aaron Rodgers for several more years at probably a little less than Brees makes right now while keeping Love for that same several more years for "decent money" like Bridgewater got and presumably Winston will be getting from the Saints. And New Orleans doesn't seem to be skimping too terribly elsewhere because of it.

Zool
05-26-2020, 11:12 AM
I voted neither. The odds that the Packers hit on a 3rd consecutive QB are crazy high. If Hill was a legit starting QB, he wouldn't be let anywhere near special teams. His ceiling is Kordell Stewart.