PDA

View Full Version : We gotta play who ?

Radagast
06-12-2020, 02:43 AM
The Packers 2020 schedule is known and GB appears to have a middle of the road schedule. Along with playing NFC North games away and at home (6). Four NFC South games and four AFC South games (8). The remaining two are against the 49ers (A) and the Eagles (H).

Provided that injuries are not a factor, GB will face the following opposing QBs

1) K. Cousins - Vikings - Away
2) M. Stafford - Lions - Home
3) D. Brees - Saints - Away
4) M. Ryan - Falcons - Home
5) BYE WEEK
6) T. Brady - Buccaneers - Away
7) D.Watson - Texans - Away
8) K.Cousins - Vikings - Home
9) J. Garoppolo - 49ers - Away
10) G. Minshew - Jaguars - Home
11) P. Rivers - Colts - A
12) M. Trubisky - Bears - Home
13) C. Wentz - Eagles - Home
14) M. Stafford - Lions - Away
15) T. Bridgewater - Panthers - Home
16) R. Tannehill - Titans - Home
17) M. Trubisky - Bears - Away

I believe that GB will have it's greatest Defensive challenges against the 49ers, the Saints, the Texans, and the Eagles. The Titans running attack gives me more pause than their QB does.

The away game at Tampa Bay will be more of a curiosity than a serious threat, but still no game should be taken for granted.

Bridgewater and the Panthers could surprise many, after all they do have RB C. McCaffrey.

The AFC South does not appear to be a concern, but Houston and Tennessee could be tougher than they appear. IMO, GB will win 3 of the 4 games.

The Lions, Vikings, and Bears don't seem to pose much of a threat, however the Vikings might find a lucky streak. GB should easily win the NFC North, but playoff seeding will come to the W/L records. SF will still stand in the way of all other NFC playoff teams. The key to GB reaching the SB this season will rest with getting past San Francisco.

:pack:

RashanGary
06-12-2020, 10:59 AM
I think it will be Foles in Chicago.

RashanGary
06-12-2020, 11:04 AM
With Foles in place of Turdbuscuit, it's a good year to have the secondary guys all a year smarter and assignment sure. Solid Gauntlet of good QB play. Only dud I see, and not a compete dud, is Bridgewater

run pMc
06-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Playing Bridgewater will require preventing him from completing 15 dump off passes to McCaffrey to run free against the "cover" LBs.
There are no gimmes in the NFL...especially with a first-place schedule. GB barely squeaked past the Lions twice last year.

hoosier
06-12-2020, 12:47 PM
AFC South has gotten tougher: in addition to Texans and Titans, Colts will be a tough one. Jaguars looks to be the only bad team in that bunch, fortunately GB gets them at home.

bobblehead
06-12-2020, 08:43 PM
That is a brutal Away schedule. I see 11-5 as a good result of that schedule. The home schedule is much softer imo. Playing Bucs, Saints and 49ers all in their house is hell.

Zool
06-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Cousins is not a top tier QB. Sorry Ras, but at this point in his career, he is what he is. He’s just okay. To beat the 49ers, they just have to stop the run, you actually want Janine Garapollo throwing the ball. Matt Ryan is the most overrated QB since Terry Bradshaw. Fat Stafford can have all the yardage records he wants. His career record is 69-79-1. Foles is bad when he’s not an Eagle. He’s basically their version of Matt Flynn. Trubitchski is bad.

Brees Is a problem every year for his opponents, though to quote many on this board, he has one fart in the wind SB. Brady is Brady. Rivers always seems to play well against the Packers. Watson is a stud. Uncle Rico is the only wildcard on the list.

texaspackerbacker
06-12-2020, 10:52 PM
We still haven't had our usual prediction of record thread or the roster prediction thread either. Just sayin' .......don't want to rush anybody hahahahaha.

texaspackerbacker
06-12-2020, 10:54 PM
QBs aren't everything. I'd put Stafford right at the top, even above Brees at his current age, and Detroit obviously is near the bottom of the threats.

Radagast
06-13-2020, 02:13 AM
We still haven't had our usual prediction of record thread or the roster prediction thread either. Just sayin' .......don't want to rush anybody hahahahaha.

All are free to post as they wish, but I tried to promote a more general discussion.

I agree that to stop SF one has to stop the run. Furthermore, if GB can shut down the 49ers this season, it will be a tangible step up for Pettine and the GB Defense.

Foles may end up starting for the Bears. Houston will be a rough game. Tannehill does not present a problem, but Derrick Henry does. Bridgewater does not give me pause, but Christian McCaffrey does. Alvin Kamara in NO is no "saint either. I believe that Gutekunst has dedicated part of his off season recruiting to hiring veterans that will stop running attacks. Rookie draftees rarely fit as starters at ILB. so not retaining Martinez forced the GM to the FA market. I don't believe the search is over yet either.

RashanGary
06-13-2020, 11:03 AM
I had gsmepass and watched a lot of football last year. Those are good quarterbacks. The NFL has really good QB play right now.

Glad we don't have Lamar or Mahomes on the schedule though. Those are the two best right now.

Radagast
06-13-2020, 02:50 PM
I had gsmepass and watched a lot of football last year. Those are good quarterbacks. The NFL has really good QB play right now.

Glad we don't have Lamar or Mahomes on the schedule though. Those are the two best right now.

Last season GB played KC without Mahomes. Even with Matt Moore at QB, KC's offense was most effective. MY point here is that as good as KC's offense played without Mahomes, would GB be similarly effective without Rodgers? Sadly I must answer no.

IMO, a HOF QB is not enough. A team needs a Reggie White or a Jordy Nelson or an in prime Eddie Lacey to balance the offensive threat. Davante Adams is good, but he's never going to be a James Lofton or a Sterling Sharpe. Aaron Jones is fast, but lacks size. Rookie AJ Dillon could be the new threat, I hope.

RashanGary
06-13-2020, 03:27 PM
I agree, Radagast. My hope is Z, Clark, Alexander and Savage all play at a probowl level. King has a chance too. In some ways I like him better than Alexander

Jones (most downs)
Williams (3rd down/long yardage where pass blocking and pass catching are the main traits of the back)
Dillon (short yardage and rest for Jones)

I wouldn't say Jones is a true star like Zeke, but the stable is a glaring strength.

Adams is a glaring strength and true star player

AR is a star with a solid OL.

Theyre pretty good on offense.

Radagast
06-14-2020, 12:13 AM
R-G, I believe you missed my point. I should have just said that GB needs another real league star. Someone that, other than Rodgers, could be in contention for offensive or defensive player of the year honors.

Upnorth
06-14-2020, 08:44 AM
Alexander is coming into year three which is when some star cb's explode. He has potential.
Clark is a star imo. He is vastly under rated by most i think.
Jones is very good but wont be a star, however with our ol Dillion maybe. That is my hope on o.

texaspackerbacker
06-14-2020, 09:30 AM
I disagree about Aaron Jones not being star quality. The thing with a running back is always how long before he fades or gets worse, but last year anyway, Jones played like a star IMO, and he did so without a helluva lot of good blocking. And of course, the things with him that sets him apart in a good way from a lot of RBs is good character and durability. Yeah, that wouldn't mean much if he couldn't play, but I'd say he's right there with Dalvin Cook and not much below Ezekial Elliot.

I agree, Clark is getting to be star quality, and at his young age and his position which tends to take time, he's still on the way up.

I'm hopeful about Alexander, but it seemed like he took a step backward last year. I guess we'll see this year with a new DB coach. There's also good reason to hope about Savage, but not enough reps to know for sure. And Kevin King - sorry, but I just don't see the goodness that some others seem to see in him.

And if the topic is a second legitimate star, how can we not consider Davante Adams as that?

Radagast
06-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Devante Adams, while an above average player is not in my opinion a 1st ballot HOF player. He is a solid and dependable WR, but he is just not a Jerry Rice or an Emmit Smith.

Anti-Polar Bear
06-14-2020, 03:10 PM
Clark is overrated. Shows up once in a fucking blue moon to inflate stats. Any fat fuck off the streets of Baltimore could do what he does, especially at getting pancaked time and time again (go re-watch the last NFC Championship Game if you want proofs of Clark getting pancaked).

I don't really give a fuck about the upcoming season. There's not gonna be any futbol.

Joemailman
06-14-2020, 03:17 PM
Devante Adams, while an above average player is not in my opinion a 1st ballot HOF player. He is a solid and dependable WR, but he is just not a Jerry Rice or an Emmit Smith.

Well, there's a lot of room between "solid and dependable WR" and "not a Jerry Rice". He is one of the best WR's in the NFL.

pbmax
06-14-2020, 03:39 PM
Clark is overrated. Shows up once in a fucking blue moon to inflate stats. Any fat fuck off the streets of Baltimore could do what he does, especially at getting pancaked time and time again (go re-watch the last NFC Championship Game if you want proofs of Clark getting pancaked).

I don't really give a fuck about the upcoming season. There's not gonna be any futbol.

1. :roll:

2. :bs:

Upnorth
06-15-2020, 07:59 AM

Did you watch last season? Do you need glasses? Clark is easily top 5 at his position and probably top 3. You disagree show me the names.

pbmax
06-15-2020, 08:12 AM

3. Showing up once in a blue moon would not inflate stats. It would depress them.

4. https://twitter.com/AaronNagler/status/1272351099995983872

Anti-Polar Bear
06-15-2020, 08:39 AM
Did you watch last season? Do you need glasses? Clark is easily top 5 at his position and probably top 3. You disagree show me the names.

Last season, Clark didn’t do shit til the Packers started playing cupcakes late in the season. During the season’s youth, all the beat writers were wondering what the fuck happened to Clark. Opponents were able to pound the rock up and down the Packers’ asses all day, all season, especially in that infamous NFC Title game. No top 3 DT would tolerate such an indignity.

Cleditus Hunt made more plays in 2002, which provoked Sherman to subsequently show Hunt the frogskins, than Clark made last season.

Upnorth
06-15-2020, 06:19 PM
Last season, Clark didn’t do shit til the Packers started playing cupcakes late in the season. During the season’s youth, all the beat writers were wondering what the fuck happened to Clark. Opponents were able to pound the rock up and down the Packers’ asses all day, all season, especially in that infamous NFC Title game. No top 3 DT would tolerate such an indignity.

Cleditus Hunt made more plays in 2002, which provoked Sherman to subsequently show Hunt the frogskins, than Clark made last season.

I do remember EARLY in the season wondering what happened to clark, however i do remember him making impacts much earlier than the end against cupcakes. Dude got it done big time against the pass for most of the season. Against the run it was a down year but he was still one of the better nt vrs the run. And it was a down year which is why he is top 5 and arguably top 3.