PDA

View Full Version : It's 2020 Which NFC Central Team is the first to win the next Super Bowl ?

Bretsky
06-20-2020, 05:13 PM
Thoughts

Joemailman
06-20-2020, 05:23 PM
Packers. They are the best team now, and the only team who seems to have their QB of the future on their roster.

Bretsky
06-20-2020, 07:03 PM
we do seem to have the best QB for the next two years
QB aside I'm not sure we have the best taleng

red
06-20-2020, 07:53 PM
I have no clue

I’d like to say is, but the bears and queens seem to always be able to throw one great season together every blue moon

RashanGary
06-20-2020, 10:10 PM
Bears have a shot with foles. But I'll say Packers.

ThunderDan
06-20-2020, 11:04 PM
Packers are the closest of the NFC North teams.

texaspackerbacker
06-20-2020, 11:23 PM
Not only are the Packers set for great things, but the rest of the division is headed in the wrong direction.

Radagast
06-20-2020, 11:53 PM
Go Pack Go !

Well that is the point of this thread, right ?

pbmax
06-21-2020, 09:27 AM
You know what they say: when you have two quarterbacks (Bears) or Kirk Cousins (Vikes) you really don't have a quarterback at all.

Packers.

RashanGary
06-21-2020, 02:33 PM
Go Pack Go !

Well that is the point of this thread, right ?

I don't think so. The Favre drama broke bretsky. He comes to fuck with us kool aid drinking packer fans now :lol:

Joemailman
06-21-2020, 02:42 PM
There should be a rule that if you start a poll, you have to vote in the poll.

Bretsky?

Bretsky
06-21-2020, 11:12 PM
There should be a rule that if you start a poll, you have to vote in the poll.

Bretsky?

I will; but I kinda wanted to see if somebody was not drinking the Homerade first

I will say this

I do NOT think this is an easy call. I don't believe we're in the brink of a title and AROD's skills are moderately decreasing. If we don't win a SB with AROD, while I like All you need is Love, he's far from a sure thing.

And QB aside, you can make an argument the Vikings or Bears could be next

Bretsky
06-21-2020, 11:14 PM
I don't think so. The Favre drama broke bretsky. He comes to fuck with us kool aid drinking packer fans now :lol:

You might be right; but I like debate and entertainment

Truth be told, I've been bored lately. And when I'm bored, I try to start polls for debate.

I get this was not a strong poll, but I really thought the answer was more debatable than others do

Upnorth
06-22-2020, 07:45 AM
As to the vikings being next it feels like 1/3 of there d left (i know it is an exaggeration) and they have rookie replacements. That doesnt yell contender to me, unless they got lucky.

pbmax
06-22-2020, 08:29 AM
https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2020/06/22/green-bay-packers-can-no-longer-afford-take-these-lions-lightly/3177016001/

This article seems to suggest that Patricia is both in danger of losing his job because he can't win and that they are the greatest threat the Packers face.

Headline: Packers can no longer afford to take these Lions lightly

Which, to be frank, is three years too late.

Patricia is on the hot seat because, outside of four wins versus the Packers, they have been hot garbage. They are not a threat under the lamest of ducks.

George Cumby
06-22-2020, 05:14 PM
Duh.

bobblehead
06-23-2020, 01:22 PM
we do seem to have the best QB for the next two years
QB aside I'm not sure we have the best taleng

The vikings have a pretty good roster. But we still have the superior QB. That levels the field. I expect to have a dog fight within the division with MN pressing us all year. In the end, both teams are close to where they were last year so I will stay the status quo. GB by a game.

bobblehead
06-23-2020, 01:25 PM
If this were para mutual wagering you would get .90 back for the $1 you bet on GB....if they win.

MadtownPacker
06-24-2020, 01:16 PM
Is Bretsky a bad guy or troll now?

MadtownPacker
06-24-2020, 01:18 PM
The vikings have a pretty good roster. But we still have the superior QB. That levels the field. I expect to have a dog fight within the division with MN pressing us all year. In the end, both teams are close to where they were last year so I will stay the status quo. GB by a game.Superior huh? That’s funny cuz I see Rodgers as a big reason GB isn’t champion caliber.

MadtownPacker
06-24-2020, 01:21 PM
ThoughtsI was forced to pick the lions because I was not able to pick Tampa Bay. They are part of the NFC Central, right?

RashanGary
06-24-2020, 08:04 PM

Bad guy :lol:

Upnorth
06-24-2020, 11:55 PM

Bad troll. Worst of both worlds

Bretsky
06-26-2020, 05:51 PM

If all these Koolaidans were right half the time Mad we'd be winning as many SB's as Hoody Geniuis :)))

Bretsky
06-26-2020, 05:53 PM
The Vikings GM has been pretty good; Kirk Cousins was the big mistake there, and a big one. But draft wise he's been superior to GB and has did a pretty good job building outside of the QB.

ThunderDan
06-26-2020, 10:40 PM
The Vikings GM has been pretty good; Kirk Cousins was the big mistake there, and a big one. But draft wise he's been superior to GB and has did a pretty good job building outside of the QB.

I’m not sure. The Vikings had a really good run of acquiring talent. That seems to be coming to an end,

smuggler
06-26-2020, 10:48 PM
Don't see any other team, aside from (kinda) the Packers, as legit SB contenders now. In 5 years, it might be even more true.

Rastak
07-01-2020, 05:37 PM
I'm thinking none. Not a ton of confidence in any of the North teams right now. If I go into suspended animation with orders to unthaw me up if the Vikings are in the Superbowl again ( I watched the last four) I'll be 300 years old.

edit: Hello guys, been a while. Nice world we got, eh?

HarveyWallbangers
07-06-2020, 01:24 PM
Packers have four Superb Owls. The other three teams have one between them, and that was in the mid-1980's. I like our chances. :)

Tony Oday
07-07-2020, 06:42 AM
What is with Super Owls?

Upnorth
07-07-2020, 11:29 AM
What is with Super Owls?

Super owls i dont know. Superb owls on the other hand are the ultimate prize on fandome. Especially those who commonly have yype o's

call_me_ishmael
07-07-2020, 10:57 PM

I guess I don't see Cousins as a mistake and I don't think they do either. They had a chance to bail and they doubled down on him. He's a good player just not an elite player. Hard to find those. Could have tried drafting Jordan Love I guess :ducks:

I think the Vikings are the most talented team in the division but are due for a rebuild. We'll see if they can rebuild their squad again. Unquestionably the most talented team in the conference the past five years and it's not even close. Just goes to show how great ARod was a few years back.

Upnorth
07-08-2020, 08:02 AM
If i pick next most likely after packers i would go detroit. 3-4-1 record with stafford. Two loses were close ones to kc with mahones and packers. They have a good team and a good oc imo. Probably the best wr room in the north and one of the best in the league

Patler
07-08-2020, 10:50 AM
Let me see if I have understand this correctly from this thread and numerous other threads this off season, and, indeed, over the past several seasons:

GM "A" (8 total seasons)
72-54- 2; 4 playoff appearances, 1 CCG appearance, 2-4 playoff record

GMs "B" (mostly) and "C" during that same time
77-49-2; 6 playoff appearances, 3CCG appearances; 6-6 playoff record

GM "A" is considered pretty good, solid, having put together strong rosters, etc.
During that same time, GM "B" was incompetent, out of date, clueless; and GM "C" shows signs of following the same path.

Do I have the general consensus correct????

George Cumby
07-08-2020, 01:02 PM
Let me see if I have understand this correctly from this thread and numerous other threads this off season, and, indeed, over the past several seasons:

GM "A" (8 total seasons)

GM "A" is considered pretty good, solid, having put together strong rosters, etc.
During that same time, GM "B" was incompetent, out of date, clueless; and GM "C" shows signs of following the same path.

Check out the Big Brain on THIS guy!!

:-)

GB-Brandon
07-10-2020, 07:27 PM
None of them for a long time so I’m not picking any.

RashanGary
07-12-2020, 11:32 AM

GM "A" (8 total seasons)

Who are the gms? Wolf and Thompson?