PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall says Packers wasted Rodgers career

Pages : 1 [2]

Fosco33
07-29-2020, 04:50 PM
If this season exists and ARod wants to walk for pride and not being on a rebuild - I wouldn’t blame him.

One ring for a top 3-10 qb of all time isn’t ‘wasting a career’ but also don’t think we got everything we could.

Part of that is on ARod. His crabby style, taking the money (less for good WRs), late career injuries on decent teams and bad luck/Away/performance in some big playoff games.

Difference between champ and 2nd fiddle is small in the nfl most years.

He’s been awesome to watch, hope he’s here for 3 more years and 1 more ring.

RashanGary
07-30-2020, 12:03 AM
The packers are nfc contenders not rebuilding tho. And id take Emerson griffin over a wr all day if Owls is the goal.

mraynrand
07-30-2020, 05:39 AM
I’d watch the tape of MN versus SF before getting all excited about this guy.

mraynrand
07-30-2020, 05:41 AM
If this season exists.

“ITSE” Need a shorthand for this because it’s gonna come up a lot I suspect.

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 09:37 AM
Not true. Most everyone here wanted to upgrade WR more than we did. Most of us wanted to draft a WR at 30. We are giving you attitude because of your obstinate petulant spoiled 8 year old routine towards anyone who points out that we still may be just fine on offense and the WR on the roster are functional and include a top 5 at his position player.

I’m just Calling it the way I see it and yes there is a level of frustration that has been building up with me and others pretty much that dates back to around 2015. That’s about when the dysfunction really became unbearable as far as vision and personnel.

This isn’t just one bad draft pick or offseason. This is years of compounding failure to really build a championship roster around their star QB with any sustained clear vision.

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 09:50 AM
The packers are nfc contenders not rebuilding tho. And id take Emerson griffin over a wr all day if Owls is the goal.

How do you get him on the field? His grade against the run was nothing special. I could see where he helps on 3rd down on passing situations but that’s not the Packers main weakness.

How does this push the Packers to the Super Bowl? The Packers main weakness is stopping the run against power run teams.

To me this would be nothing more then big name hype signing that lacks any clear vision with current scheme in mind.

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 10:40 AM
If this season exists and ARod wants to walk for pride and not being on a rebuild - I wouldn’t blame him.

One ring for a top 3-10 qb of all time isn’t ‘wasting a career’ but also don’t think we got everything we could.

Part of that is on ARod. His crabby style, taking the money (less for good WRs), late career injuries on decent teams and bad luck/Away/performance in some big playoff games.

Difference between champ and 2nd fiddle is small in the nfl most years.

He’s been awesome to watch, hope he’s here for 3 more years and 1 more ring.

This is what I was “Hoping” for too but at some point it just becomes “hope”. Especially when you start taking a closer look at the actual actions of the front office.

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 11:32 AM
Lastly, all the firepower on the Packer offense are Thompson leftovers. Adams, Jones, Bak were all Thompson finds. Gute has brought nothing to the table to help Rodgers but a washed up Jimmie Graham and some day 3 receivers that have not added much of anything.

He has had 3 YEARS!!! Out of 28 draft picks only 3 day 3 receivers selected. 1 free agent move for Devin Funches. Zero trades orchestrated for a WR.

This is about as pathetic as it gets when you consider we’re moving through the prime of Rodgers career.

No wonder why Rodgers has switched to Tequila!!!

bobblehead
07-30-2020, 04:33 PM
Lastly, all the firepower on the Packer offense are Thompson leftovers. Adams, Jones, Bak were all Thompson finds. Gute has brought nothing to the table to help Rodgers but a washed up Jimmie Graham and some day 3 receivers that have not added much of anything.

He has had 3 YEARS!!! Out of 28 draft picks only 3 day 3 receivers selected. 1 free agent move for Devin Funches. Zero trades orchestrated for a WR.

This is about as pathetic as it gets when you consider we’re moving through the prime of Rodgers career.

No wonder why Rodgers has switched to Tequila!!!

Didn't we just add a talented RB and a jack of all trades TE/FB? In round 2 and 3? Also added a stud OG last year in round 2. Like many fans you are obsessed with "star power" skill position and don't appreciate the OL and guys that do the dirty work. Last year we had a problem with short yardage. We just added a truck in the backfield who is quick for his size. We also added a year of experience to our TEs and added a new one. Rodgers isn't the assassin he was. He doesn't punish teams with 40 yard bombs on 4th and 1 anymore. He missed MVS a ton last season. Big article about his diminishing down field accuracy last year on acme.

We are PAST the prime of Rodgers career. We have a top 5 WR in the entire league and Rodgers had his best stretch last year when that guy was nursing a big toe. Maybe he just needs to buy into the Flower system.

mraynrand
07-30-2020, 05:22 PM
Didn't we just add a talented RB and a jack of all trades TE/FB? In round 2 and 3? Also added a stud OG last year in round 2. Like many fans you are obsessed with "star power" skill position and don't appreciate the OL and guys that do the dirty work. Last year we had a problem with short yardage. We just added a truck in the backfield who is quick for his size. We also added a year of experience to our TEs and added a new one. Rodgers isn't the assassin he was. He doesn't punish teams with 40 yard bombs on 4th and 1 anymore. He missed MVS a ton last season. Big article about his diminishing down field accuracy last year on acme.

We are PAST the prime of Rodgers career. We have a top 5 WR in the entire league and Rodgers had his best stretch last year when that guy was nursing a big toe. Maybe he just needs to buy into the Flower system.

3 YEARS!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 06:56 PM

MVS IS PART OF THE PROBLEM and so is ACME!!! THOSE FUCKEN IDIOTS LIKE THE LOVE PICK TOO!!!! OMG!! You mean the same MVS that dropped a wide open bomb against the Bears so Rodgers basically lost all confidence in him? The same MVS that even the coaches lost confidence in so he couldn't get on the field? That MVS?

Rodgers is past his prime?

I would say he has lost some of his ability to slide around in the pocket as well as he did but the rest of his game is there. His accuracy was off at times but he has also experienced that in the past only to later go on the tear. Even if you believe those things are deteriorating a bit he still rated top 5 and top 7-8 at the worst in the entire league. With that said that means you put more talent around him rather then "Cut It Off" but Brian GuteKunst doesn't know what the fuck he is doing. Rookie GM handling a situation that he is in way in over his head on. WRONG GUY FOR THE WRONG JOB!!! He is the one that belongs out in Cleveland.

You want me to do back flips and kartwheels for a FB and an OG? Not in the 2nd and 3rd round. Shit, drafted that early they better be good.

This kind of banter and bullshit that makes me want Love to have to play. Some fans obviously have not felt enough pain yet of what it feels like to not have 12 back there but they will sooner then later.

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 07:09 PM
The beauty of it is all this "Bad Drafting" and "Bad Roster Building" and Criss-Crossed visions that lack any real purpose is that 12 won't be there to clean all the messes up anymore.

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 07:16 PM
Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls while his skills were deteriorating a bit and he is trying to win another one. I am not sure I get it?

GB-Brandon
07-30-2020, 07:32 PM
Yeah Aaron, were gonna suck every little last little piece of blood out of ya and out of your playing career so we can make our franchise look good and go 9-7, 10-6 through our rebuild which will hopefully lead to years more of 9-7,10-6. We know we don't have what it takes to go all the way this year and didn't give you really anything to improve on. In fact we traded up for your replacement right in front of your face and added pieces for the rebuild instead. The same holes that were there last year just might of gotten a little bit bigger this year Aaron. But yeah, go out there and play mad and prove Bitch Boy and Gute Fuck and Everyone wrong. We know ya can do it!!

"4 Fingers of Tequila" and one finger left over.

I wonder which one.

bobblehead
07-31-2020, 01:28 AM
The packers had 6 players in the NFL top 100. That is double what a team should have on average. Add to that we have had exactly one pick in the top 12 in recent history and he is entering his second year, and add also that Kenny Clark somehow didn't make the list and I would say they have built a hell of a roster. If Rodgers can't win with all that talent around him maybe he isn't actually that good.

bobblehead
07-31-2020, 01:29 AM
Yea, in that perspective I'm actually seeing what a failure he is. I guess it was time to draft his successor...someone who can maximize having a roster with that many top 100 players on it.

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 10:02 AM
The packers had 6 players in the NFL top 100. That is double what a team should have on average. Add to that we have had exactly one pick in the top 12 in recent history and he is entering his second year, and add also that Kenny Clark somehow didn't make the list and I would say they have built a hell of a roster. If Rodgers can't win with all that talent around him maybe he isn't actually that good.

So “Having 6 guys on the NFL’s top 100” is the winning formula for winning the Super Bowl? That’s a new one for me. Wow!!! Were pulling out all the stops now!!!

I don’t think anyone has said all offseason that the Packers didn’t have some nice pieces “in their prime” which is why it makes zero Fucken sense to do what Gute has done and basically save up for a rainy day. All we wanted to see is the front office add to these pieces and help finalize 2019. THAT’S NOT WHAT HAPPENED so please quit pretending like it did.

bobblehead
07-31-2020, 10:19 AM
When is it enough? With the GOAT at QB how many pieces do you need to add? We have a top flight wr, RB and QB, LT, LG. Why can't Rodgers win with all that talent. HE is the problem.

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 10:20 AM
Yea, in that perspective I'm actually seeing what a failure he is. I guess it was time to draft his successor...someone who can maximize having a roster with that many top 100 players on it.

You do realize that list is for the “Casual Fan” right?

Heck, Kyler Murray is on the list. It is designed to keep fan bases excited.

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 10:39 AM
When is it enough? With the GOAT at QB how many pieces do you need to add? We have a top flight wr, RB and QB, LT, LG. Why can't Rodgers win with all that talent. HE is the problem.

What are you talking about? You are actually playing in and agreeing with my narrative. They were 13-3 last year and 1 game from the Super Bowl. Rodgers and many others and "The NFL 100 List" and myself believed they were a few pieces away!!!

Free Agency and then The Draft and Now Camp has come and They have not COMPLETED THE ROSTER and FILLED THOSE PIECES OUT!!!

In fact the roster is weaker this year at THIS TIME then LAST YEAR at THIS TIME in MY ANALYSIS when you consider additions and subtractions.

This is what GUTE DID or I guess you could say DIDN'T DO. I am from the camp that Rodgers deserved one last chance of support from the front office and was entitled to that after all the years of service and play he has given to the franchise. While he may not be 2015 level Rodgers I still believe with that support he is still good enough and would of given us the best chance to win a Super Bowl for years to come. It is my belief that this team was that close and you simply don't just blow those opportunities away for some prospect that many didn't even have a 1st round grade on. Once again It was radical and completely reckless under the circumstances. If this was a losing football team in 2019 or there was a sign age across the board then fine but that not being the case.

There Ya Go!!

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 10:47 AM
Rodgers was also "16th" on your big LIST. Still rated higher then any other Packer.

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 03:13 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853391-report-antonio-brown-suspended-8-games-by-nfl-ban-could-be-extended-longer

I thought 4-6 games but still at 8 games he has value. Would have him the whole second half of season and playoff run.

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 03:32 PM
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=a4cc315ef0&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r-3689285767595680753&th=173a6897ac0d542f&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9gDFeGDMAdh1gUwU_G82C86w_ceoq1rH_1elT Oqr__9aerix1niqA2h9CxYTZ7CDhzU5Vi9XgcWTfDRMaYd6LAj NUxue1VFpWbqpltW0XgHXH-d1i_S9sX08Q&disp=emb&realattid=173a688bd69d42543241

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 04:56 PM
https://twitter.com/ab84/status/1280314056528859136?s=21

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 05:10 PM
8 games from AB is better then Zero from Funches any way you look at it!!!

RashanGary
07-31-2020, 05:19 PM
Brown all day. He’s a great player and misunderstood guy imo.

RashanGary
07-31-2020, 05:21 PM
Him and davante would push each other to be even better too. Not many have been as good as brown, and that’s nfl history, and not many are as good as davante at what he does now. They'd up each others games for sure and we’d have the best QB/WR/WR/RB in the league.

GB-Brandon
07-31-2020, 05:49 PM
Him and davante would push each other to be even better too. Not many have been as good as brown, and that’s nfl history, and not many are as good as davante at what he does now. They'd up each others games for sure and we’d have the best QB/WR/WR/RB in the league.

It would be amazing. That’s for sure!

It would open it up for everyone.

bobblehead
08-01-2020, 11:23 PM
https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/08/01/green-bay-packers-pff-ranks-backfield-top-5-nfl/

Top 5 backfield in the NFL. Shit, if Rodgers can't perform with all this talent surrounding him its Love time baby!!

GB-Brandon
08-02-2020, 09:50 AM
https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/08/01/green-bay-packers-pff-ranks-backfield-top-5-nfl/

Top 5 backfield in the NFL. Shit, if Rodgers can't perform with all this talent surrounding him its Love time baby!!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=a4cc315ef0&attid=0.1.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1673925464631658402&th=173afa575bd9c7a2&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_2GdSDwqNdEyrtoJIW_dIbCpp-KxRIYNeivz-88KubWCTOtDFSXpwQvStGO4mEiAxutx2Wk1ag_kNOsjhoOIot7 3KW-vj_AtzPRuPUgEI-ki50jOf93UV_3B4&disp=emb

GB-Brandon
08-02-2020, 09:57 AM
First of all I had Dillon on my "Shopping List" on a few of my pre-draft mocks as referenced on this forum. One of my favorite prospects.

It is clear that the Packers are going to try and establish the running game and try to use Rodgers and the passing game in more "Play-Action" which isn't a bad idea.

IMO they need another "Perimeter Weapon" to really set them apart and make it hum and stress defenses. Mr. Antonio Brown as discussed I believe would be the perfect piece to set the offense apart assuming they can get consistent play out of the RT position.

GB-Brandon
08-02-2020, 10:21 AM
I’m still sore about getting played by the Niners for Aiyuk. We’ll see how it plays out.

GB-Brandon
08-04-2020, 04:11 PM

http://twitter.com/NFL/status/1290746832730062854

Thought you might enjoy that with your infatuation with the “List”.

bobblehead
08-04-2020, 09:32 PM
Lets play a game. Everyone go on record with who the packers should have taken. I'll even allow you a trade up or down, but you have to make it reasonable using the value chart.

I can go first because its easy for me. When we traded to the Love pick I was pumped because I thought for sure we were taking Patrick Queen and we would finally have a 3 down ILB. I'm not worried about enough weapons. We scored last year. Many times we scored early and often and took the 2nd half off. Stopping the Darren Waller and Christian McCaffreys of the league is something we don't do so well.

For me its a no brainer. Make the trade up that we did and snag Queen right out from under Baltimore's nose! Now tell me rockstars who hate Gutes. Who would you have targeted instead of Love? And yes, I'll put my moves from last year against anyones. I wanted Burns or sweat in a tradeback. I'd say that would have been a much better move than Gary. We still could have traded up for savage with the capital we got moving back and saved our 2 4ths.

bobblehead
08-04-2020, 09:50 PM
Brandon, you are on the clock. We know you are the only GM in the NFL to actively want cancer (Antonio Brown). Tell me who you would have drafted for ARod. Who is it among the rookies that will have better numbers than our #2 WR (who I think will be MVS)

GB-Brandon
08-04-2020, 10:16 PM
First of all I would of addressed the WR problem way way before this last draft. Courtland Sutton was the target or player I would of came away with in the 2018 draft. He was my favorite player in the whole draft!

In the 2019 draft they should of targeted Parris Campbell. Although I would of been fine with Deebo Samuel as well. I would of came away with Campbell because I’m just in love with his speed and fluid movement. He had a tough first year with injuries. Would still take him in a heartbeat.

With securing these players then I like the trade up but I would of taken Jordyn Brooks instead right in front of Seattle!!!

Gute is three years late rebuilding the receiving Corp.

GB-Brandon
08-05-2020, 07:35 AM
Gute has had opportunity after opportunity to bolster the receiving corp which he chose not to do which left him in a position in the 2020 draft where he didn’t like the cost to play for one of the top prospects so he threw in the towel. He should of never let it get to that point.

Even with that said he could of still made a move for Denzel Mims in the second. I would rather have Tee Higgins then Jordan Love.

I’ve also heard around places that people don’t wanna talk about the Jordan Love pick anymore. Well I got news for everyone. Either way their gonna be talking about the Jordan Love pick for the next 5-10 years and maybe longer.

bobblehead
08-05-2020, 12:32 PM
You weren't here to tell us what we should have done the last 3 years, so its hearsay....as in I doesn't matter what you say would have done cuz there is no proof. I asked right now, this year what you would have done. What is your brilliant move. Your main theme is you would have done exactly as I would have, but with a different ILB. We will see which ILB is a better pro.

Your next move was up for Mims. I assume we would have had to give up another pick to do that, but you don't declare who you would have sacrificed. You just would have gotten Mims. Ok, challenge accepted anyway. We will see if Mims is more productive than our #2 WR this year or even next. I doubt he would have moved the needle.

Edit: The nice thing about you choosing Mims is that he is on a VERY weak WR group. He should have all the opportunity in the world. Also, we absolutely don't have Dillon now.

Upnorth
08-05-2020, 01:05 PM
Gute has had opportunity after opportunity to bolster the receiving corp which he chose not to do which left him in a position in the 2020 draft where he didn’t like the cost to play for one of the top prospects so he threw in the towel. He should of never let it get to that point.

Even with that said he could of still made a move for Denzel Mims in the second. I would rather have Tee Higgins then Jordan Love.

I’ve also heard around places that people don’t wanna talk about the Jordan Love pick anymore. Well I got news for everyone. Either way their gonna be talking about the Jordan Love pick for the next 5-10 years and maybe longer.

I pray we are talking about this pick ten years from now. That means love is a game changer. If he was just a horrible bust we would not be talking about it anymore.

GB-Brandon
08-05-2020, 03:56 PM
You weren't here to tell us what we should have done the last 3 years, so its hearsay....as in I doesn't matter what you say would have done cuz there is no proof. I asked right now, this year what you would have done. What is your brilliant move. Your main theme is you would have done exactly as I would have, but with a different ILB. We will see which ILB is a better pro.

Your next move was up for Mims. I assume we would have had to give up another pick to do that, but you don't declare who you would have sacrificed. You just would have gotten Mims. Ok, challenge accepted anyway. We will see if Mims is more productive than our #2 WR this year or even next. I doubt he would have moved the needle.

Edit: The nice thing about you choosing Mims is that he is on a VERY weak WR group. He should have all the opportunity in the world. Also, we absolutely don't have Dillon now.

No. Mims would not be move in “Round 2” If I’m not allowed to have the guys I would of drafted already. I would of went after Reagor or Aiyuk but most likely Aiyuk depending on the cost. I have mentioned Aiyuk over 100 times on this forum leading up too and after the draft.

They could of Packaged their 3rd and still gotten Aiyuk or Reagor and still manueuvered around to get Deguara in the 4th. Most likely the pick would of Been Aiyuk looking at the draft board and getting ahead of the Niners.

So if I’m stuck with Gute’s already failed drafting early I’d take Aiyuk and ante up our 3rd instead of the 4th to get the job done.

GB-Brandon
08-05-2020, 03:59 PM
I pray we are talking about this pick ten years from now. That means love is a game changer. If he was just a horrible bust we would not be talking about it anymore.

If he is a horrible bust that leads us back to NFL purgatory it will most definitely be talked about for years to come.

I can’t believe people are still in denial that Rodgers will even be here next season.

GB-Brandon
08-05-2020, 04:01 PM
I doubt anybody was just sitting there in the 3rd waiting to jump all over Deguara. Not too many teams even draft fullbacks anymore let alone even have one on their roster.

GB-Brandon
08-05-2020, 04:09 PM
We passed on Lucas Niang to draft Deguara. That’s probably one everyone should watch while there at it. He will start at Guard for the Chiefs this year but eventually swing outside to RT.

There was our Bulaga replacement.

GB-Brandon
08-05-2020, 04:25 PM
My attitude toward the receiving Corp would of been similar to Thompson in the sense that I would be funneling talent into that group almost on a yearly basis and keeping the shelves stocked. Keep the “Ferrari With Snow Tires” running hot.

This approach of just letting it die and becoming an embarrassment and eye sore of the roster when most of the roster has a chance to compete is just crazy.

bobblehead
08-05-2020, 09:08 PM
No. Mims would not be move in “Round 2” If I’m not allowed to have the guys I would of drafted already. I would of went after Reagor or Aiyuk but most likely Aiyuk depending on the cost. I have mentioned Aiyuk over 100 times on this forum leading up too and after the draft.

They could of Packaged their 3rd and still gotten Aiyuk or Reagor and still manueuvered around to get Deguara in the 4th. Most likely the pick would of Been Aiyuk looking at the draft board and getting ahead of the Niners.

So if I’m stuck with Gute’s already failed drafting early I’d take Aiyuk and ante up our 3rd instead of the 4th to get the job done.

So now you have named 3 different receivers you would have taken. Way to hedge. Too bad you only get one pick. But I know...Gutes should get the right one out of those 3 cuz you would have...and you wouldn't have had to trade up in round 2 to get the guy who went a few picks in front of us...and you probably would still have Dillon as well. You are that brilliant arm chair GM that gets 7 firsts every year I guess.

I asked you to tell me what you would have done and you rewrite 3 years and give me 9 scenarios for this year. Man, must be nice to second guess everyone.

I will hold you to the final answer though. You would have moved up a bit more than we did and taken Aiyuk. That is what we will judge you on. For my money, Aiyuk probably doesn't have a great first 2 years.

GB-Brandon
08-05-2020, 10:55 PM
So now you have named 3 different receivers you would have taken. Way to hedge. Too bad you only get one pick. But I know...Gutes should get the right one out of those 3 cuz you would have...and you wouldn't have had to trade up in round 2 to get the guy who went a few picks in front of us...and you probably would still have Dillon as well. You are that brilliant arm chair GM that gets 7 firsts every year I guess.

I asked you to tell me what you would have done and you rewrite 3 years and give me 9 scenarios for this year. Man, must be nice to second guess everyone.

I will hold you to the final answer though. You would have moved up a bit more than we did and taken Aiyuk. That is what we will judge you on. For my money, Aiyuk probably doesn't have a great first 2 years.

Yeah, i would of went after Aiyuk considering your pigeon holing me into addressing it “This Year With This Draft” based on our draft position. I like Aiyuk a lot and he would of been a star in this offense and would of started immediately.

The bottom line is Gute has had 3 years to shore up this receiving group whether free agency, the draft or via trade and he has completely failed.

KYPack
08-05-2020, 10:59 PM
I doubt anybody was just sitting there in the 3rd waiting to jump all over Deguara. Not too many teams even draft fullbacks anymore let alone even have one on their roster.

Deguara ain't a fullback. He's an inline TE

Patler
08-06-2020, 02:18 AM
A tidbit for GB-B:

In the past 5 drafts, 62 receivers have been taken in rounds 1-3.
31 teams have drafted at least one of those 62.
I think we all know the only team that did not draft at least one

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 10:02 AM
Deguara ain't a fullback. He's an inline TE

At 6’2 I’m not certain Deguara will survive in the NFL as an every down “IN-Line TE”. He might have some value there on 3 TE sets but I see him being used as primarily an H-Back and expanded fullback role.

To me LaFluer is attempting a virtual copycat of Kyle Juszczyk of the Niners here.

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 10:16 AM
A tidbit for GB-B:

When you consider the massive success rate the Packers have had drafting receivers early it’s even more baffling to me they haven’t done it since D. Adams.

bobblehead
08-06-2020, 11:53 AM
A tidbit for GB-B:

But in fairness for a lot of that time we had 3 former 2nds on the roster at WR. (Nelson, Cobb, Adams). For all the time until this year we had 2 former 2nds. And again, I'm not against drafting a WR or signing one. I'm not thrilled with Gutes at all. I'm a TT fan, always have been. I'm just sick of the tantrum being thrown, so I want people on record....hell, all people, not just Brandon. I stated my case. The draft didn't fall our way to draft a WR. I would have taken Queen. I think our offense will be top 12ish and good enough to win an owl. Like I said, you win with Defenses unless you are drew Brees, he is the exception who won an owl with a 20th ranked defense.

bobblehead
08-06-2020, 11:54 AM
At 6’2 I’m not certain Deguara will survive in the NFL as an every down “IN-Line TE”. He might have some value there on 3 TE sets but I see him being used as primarily an H-Back and expanded fullback role.

To me LaFluer is attempting a virtual copycat of Kyle Juszczyk of the Niners here.

Agree....but given what SF accomplished, is mimicking their style such a bad thing? Besides, Flower is a disciple of the shannahan tree so why wouldn't he.

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 12:58 PM
But in fairness for a lot of that time we had 3 former 2nds on the roster at WR. (Nelson, Cobb, Adams). For all the time until this year we had 2 former 2nds. And again, I'm not against drafting a WR or signing one. I'm not thrilled with Gutes at all. I'm a TT fan, always have been. I'm just sick of the tantrum being thrown, so I want people on record....hell, all people, not just Brandon. I stated my case. The draft didn't fall our way to draft a WR. I would have taken Queen. I think our offense will be top 12ish and good enough to win an owl. Like I said, you win with Defenses unless you are drew Brees, he is the exception who won an owl with a 20th ranked defense.

http://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/1291427972503801861

It’s beyond a legitimate concern.

Also, this is way beyond the 2020 draft. I think that’s where your also missing the point. Gute has had three drafts and offseasons to bolster and rebuild the position group and has done next to nothing.

He put himself n a position of weakness and leverage by putting the need off until the 2020 draft IMO.

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 01:22 PM
Agree....but given what SF accomplished, is mimicking their style such a bad thing? Besides, Flower is a disciple of the shannahan tree so why wouldn't he.

Yeah, That's why I call Lafluer "Bitch Boy" because he got smacked in the face so hard by Shannahan and was so jealous of what SF did to him that he wants to be that so badly.

Well see how it plays out.

sharpe1027
08-06-2020, 02:26 PM
I'll go with on record as being okay with Love. High risk/reward pick for sure, but the odds of a rookie late first rounder making the difference between a SB win and anything else is very low.

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 02:51 PM
The “Love Pick” was just the Cherry on Top of three years of Ignorance regarding the receiver position.

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 04:35 PM
To me everyone got Bambooozled!!!

The team and offense was struggling under McCarthy. Things were getting stale. Thompson was deteriorating mentally. Somehow Capers was allowed to be incompetent for years.

People were finally ready for some CHANGE!!! Well we got change alright and I’m not sure this is the change most people thought they were signing up for. Gute/LaFluer are using the firepower and credibility of a 13-3 season now to complete their agenda which I believe never really included Rodgers or having a high octane offense with weapons around him. There draft and personnel moves prove their true agenda.

Now we’re stuck with this plan which is in full motion which will most likely just makes us another normal team like the Tennessee Titans. I don’t see any “Greatness” in LaFluer or Gute or any of them thus far. At least with Thompson you could say “Greatness” was being executed in the beginning. I don’t believe that is the case here.

All we’re doing here is building a copy cat K-Mart version of the Niners.

call_me_ishmael
08-06-2020, 04:51 PM
http://twitter.com/IanKenyonNFL/status/1291427972503801861

It’s beyond a legitimate concern.

Also, this is way beyond the 2020 draft. I think that’s where your also missing the point. Gute has had three drafts and offseasons to bolster and rebuild the position group and has done next to nothing.

He put himself n a position of weakness and leverage by putting the need off until the 2020 draft IMO.

Man this is so spot on. Did Rodgers resign under Gooter? I almost wonder if the lack of WR depth is part of a ploy to make Rodgers look bad so they can move on. This is the worst receiving corps in the league IMO. Adams is very overrated in my opinion and is closer to the 10th best receiver than the best receiver.

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Man this is so spot on. Did Rodgers resign under Gooter? I almost wonder if the lack of WR depth is part of a ploy to make Rodgers look bad so they can move on. This is the worst receiving corps in the league IMO. Adams is very overrated in my opinion and is closer to the 10th best receiver than the best receiver.

Yeah, Gute re-signed Rodgers.

Adams is one of my favs. Loved him coming out of Fresno State. Amazing talent. Has one hole in his game and that’s “Deep Speed” which could push him closer to the 10 spot like you posted. It’s debatable. He is still one of the best in the league hands down. His ability to cut and accelerate out of cuts and flip his hips makes up for some of his deep speed limitations.

Regardless, you put a talent like Antonio Brown(as an example) opposite Adams and it’s game over for opposing defenses with AR12. To me it’s a chance worth taking all things considered. If you can take a chance on running AR12 off with the Love pick then you can take a chance on a 1 year deal on Antonio Brown to make a run while Rodgers is still here.

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 06:05 PM
https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/nfl/packers-favored-in-odds-to-sign-antonio-brown-for-2020-season/

We shall see!!

GB-Brandon
08-06-2020, 08:33 PM
According to these scouts “Aaron Makes our Mediocre Receivers Look Better” outside of Adams so not sure how Aaron is “Part Of The Problem”. Maybe Gute should get off his Ass and do something like GET SOME LEGIT TALENT TO WORK WITH AND QUIT FUCKEN PRETENDING!!!!

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/49326/packers-back-to-square-one-with-their-wrs-unless-antonio-brown-anyone

call_me_ishmael
08-07-2020, 10:11 AM
The thing that I don't get is next year is a WAY better QB class than this year. At least on paper. There is nothing about a guy who sucks at Utah State (I know he had no help) that lights my fire. Great QBs make the players around them better. I doubt he ends up being anything but you never know. Why not wait a year and have much better options. Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Trevor Lawrence, etc. I'm excited to see Love but I'm not optimistic.

GB-Brandon
08-07-2020, 11:37 AM
They think they got the next Super Star QB so I suppose that’s why they did it. I’m not as optimistic either.

What really irks me is they have no problem taking significant risks in regards to other things. Dropping over 120 million on Edge rushers in free agency. “No problem”. Using the 12th pick in the draft on more a less a gamble on a unproven player in Rashan Gary. “No Problem”. Trading up in the draft for a Safety , QB and ILB. “No Problem”.

Get Aaron Rodgers some help on the Perimeter? “Nope, Not worth the risk”. Lol

INSANITY!!

Bretsky
08-07-2020, 07:57 PM
I'm going to stay on record that I was fine with the pick of Jordan Love; but he was very very very different from TT's brilliance in nabbing Rodgers. Rodgers fell right into our lap and TT gambled and let a high end prospect fall to him.

On the other hand, Gute traded a 4th round pick to move up to an area when he might not have needed to and probably overpaid IMO. And in doing so he basically gave up the ability to move up and draft Denzel Mims. So our WR are still patheic.

So overall I still don't like it.