PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall says Packers wasted Rodgers career

Pages : [1] 2

wist43
06-28-2020, 08:24 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/packers-aaron-rodgers-career-wasted-brandon-marshall

Interviewed by Colin Herd, Marshall says what I've been saying since the Favre era...

The Packers organization doesn't get it. Their approach sets the team up to be 9-7/10-6 in perpetuity, without much hope of winning it all in any given year... let alone making a dynastic run.

We're not that far away last year, and Gute just punts this entire offseason in favor of trying to set us up four years down the road...

The whole organization doesn't get it.

Bretsky
06-28-2020, 08:27 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/packers-aaron-rodgers-career-wasted-brandon-marshall

Interviewed by Colin Herd, Marshall says what I've been saying since the Favre era...

The Packers organization doesn't get it. Their approach sets the team up to be 9-7/10-6 in perpetuity, without much hope of winning it all in any given year... let alone making a dynastic run.

We're not that far away last year, and Gute just punts this entire offseason in favor of trying to set us up four years down the road...

The whole organization doesn't get it.

A lot share this view outside of Packer world

wist43
06-28-2020, 08:45 PM
A lot share this view outside of Packer world

Inside "Packer World", it's lonely being me, lol :bang:

Been making this argument ever since Ted arrived. 2010 was, as Ron Wolfe would say, "a fart in the wind".

texaspackerbacker
06-28-2020, 09:18 PM
You can make a very strong argument for what Marshall says, especially in Ted Thompson's time as GM. How much of it is attitude and intent, though - mainly in not going after free agents and pushing the cap to the limit to get talent, and how much of it is mostly bad luck with draft picks is definitely open for debate.

What is clear to me, though, is that Aaron Rodgers is head and shoulders better than Tom Brady or anybody who plays QB - maybe ever. Yet Brady and a helluva lot of others had much better talent surrounding them.

mraynrand
06-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Their approach sets the team up to be 9-7/10-6 in perpetuity, without much hope of winning it all in any given year...

Other than the Patriots, this pretty much describes every team in the modern era with a HOF level QB (Dallas 90's and SF 80's are on the cusp). It's just very difficult to get two or more trophies when your QB wins you 10 games every year and you can't draft game changers. Brees, Wilson, Warner, Young empathize. Manning had to go to another team. Rapelisburger and Elway needed a lot of help. Eli got lucky with defense and catches and really isn't HOF talent. And just look at the talent that never won anything. Marino, Fouts, Rivers, Moon....

run pMc
06-29-2020, 10:42 AM
I generally don't buy the "team X wasted player Y's talent" argument -- there are far too many variables and uncontrollable things that happen during a season. It's really really hard to get to the Superb Owl, nevermind winning it. The NFL has seen a lot of incredible talents who have never won a championship or even made it past a divisional playoff game.

It's a lazy narrative IMO.

Re: Rodgers specifically, he's been to how many NFC championship games? That means he's won a lot of games -- including playoffs, and he's one game away from the SB. I wouldn't call that wasted. Would you consider them wasted opportunities a stellar talent such as his couldn't take advantage of?

Blah blah blah. People are really bored and ready for distractions of sports or other hobbies.

texaspackerbacker
06-29-2020, 11:09 AM
It just depends on your expectations. I tend to agree, runpMc, I'm really happy with the last 25 years or so. For those people who are all in for Super Bowl or bust, we've busted almost every year. And it sure wouldn't have taken a helluva lot more, given Rodgers' GOATness, to go all the way.

RashanGary
06-29-2020, 12:25 PM
I see both sides but fall on the side of respecting the talent of the front office.

Tony Oday
06-29-2020, 02:18 PM
Maybe AR should have won some NFCCGs? He is 1-4.

mraynrand
06-29-2020, 05:25 PM
Maybe AR should have won some NFCCGs? He is 1-4.

The Packers refused to surround him with the talent he needed to win. Shoulda signed Randy Moss.

Bretsky
06-29-2020, 06:16 PM
The Packers refused to surround him with the talent he needed to win in the Big Show. .

CORRECT

KYPack
06-29-2020, 08:20 PM
A snotty comment is apropos here...

Look who's talkin', perennial SB champion Brandon Marshall?

Sumbitch talks too much.

QBME
06-30-2020, 04:42 PM
A snotty comment is apropos here...

Look who's talkin', perennial SB champion Brandon Marshall?

Sumbitch talks too much.

Yessir.
Spot on.

bobblehead
07-01-2020, 07:56 AM
Inside "Packer World", it's lonely being me, lol :bang:

Been making this argument ever since Ted arrived. 2010 was, as Ron Wolfe would say, "a fart in the wind".
Ron Wolf went for it every year. How many owls did he win?

How about John Schneider? The Rams really went for it last year. Saints the last several years. Dallas goes for it every year, how many have they won?

Almost like its hard to win an owl...

But, but Rodgers you say.

Rivers, Brees, Manning, Newton, Ryan, Stafford have all had prolific careers. I count 3 owls among them with Manning needing to go to a loaded team on a cap friendly deal to get his second.

mraynrand
07-01-2020, 08:24 AM

How about John Schneider? The Rams really went for it last year. Saints the last several years. Dallas goes for it every year, how many have they won?

Rivers, Brees, Manning, Newton, Ryan, Stafford have all had prolific careers. I count 3 owls among them with Manning needing to go to a loaded team on a cap friendly deal to get his second.

sounds familiar

GB-Brandon
07-01-2020, 11:59 AM

Your comparing Apples to Oranges. Aaron Rodgers is the closest thing the NFL has produced to Michael Jordan like excellence in the modern day. The Packers front office not only cost the City Of Green Bay multiple Lombardi Championships but also cost Rodgers as going down as the GOAT.

Rodgers consistently took 4-12 teams(talent wise) and made them 10-6 teams. People like Aaron Nagler can blah blah all they want about all the “winning seasons” but the reality is it’s all because of 1 guy. Most of those teams rosters without AR12 are more resembling a 4-12 Cleveland Browns Dumpster Fire Team.

The Packers have failed and continue to fail to provide adequate support for their OB and Marshall is right that it’s just about too late. Unless they make some big surprise move it’s over.

bobblehead
07-01-2020, 08:09 PM
Your comparing Apples to Oranges. Aaron Rodgers is the closest thing the NFL has produced to Michael Jordan like excellence in the modern day. The Packers front office not only cost the City Of Green Bay multiple Lombardi Championships but also cost Rodgers as going down as the GOAT.

Rodgers consistently took 4-12 teams(talent wise) and made them 10-6 teams. People like Aaron Nagler can blah blah all they want about all the “winning seasons” but the reality is it’s all because of 1 guy. Most of those teams rosters without AR12 are more resembling a 4-12 Cleveland Browns Dumpster Fire Team.

The Packers have failed and continue to fail to provide adequate support for their OB and Marshall is right that it’s just about too late. Unless they make some big surprise move it’s over.

So Rodgers is Jordan and everyone else sucked. They must have been really bad the years they didn't win with Rodgers. 22 players on the field, special teams, and injuries, but Rodgers is the difference between 4-12 and NFCC games. How did they manage to win games with Matt Flynn and any of the other losers without Rodgers?

Let me just give you a little something to chew on. When they did win an owl they had the #2 defense and the #10 offense. Maybe rodgers should thank Woodson for winning him an owl and move on.

Now drew brees. There is a great QB. He won an owl with the #1 offense and #20 defense. If Rodgers is Jordan, Brees is LeBron (who is clearly a superior player).

mraynrand
07-01-2020, 08:12 PM
So Rodgers is Jordan and everyone else sucked. They must have been really bad the years they didn't win with Rodgers. 22 players on the field, special teams, and injuries, but Rodgers is the difference between 4-12 and NFCC games. How did they manage to win games with Matt Flynn and any of the other losers without Rodgers?

Let me just give you a little something to chew on. When they did win an owl they had the #2 defense and the #10 offense. Maybe rodgers should thank Woodson for winning him an owl and move on.

Now drew brees. There is a great QB. He won an owl with the #1 offense and #20 defense. If Rodgers is Jordan, Brees is LeBron (who is clearly a superior player).

Jordan > LeBron. It’s a like Spider-Man vs Venom if you think about it.

Rastak
07-01-2020, 08:55 PM

Chamberlain versus everyone. Wilt the stilt. 100 pts in a game and I think averaged 50. Russell was great but Wilt was it.

mraynrand
07-01-2020, 09:45 PM
Chamberlain versus everyone. Wilt the stilt. 100 pts in a game and I think averaged 50. Russell was great but Wilt was it.

Wilt was kinda lazy, but at his peak he was the most dominant player ever, even over Alicindor/Jabbar. Russell just worked harder and had a better surrounding cast. Wilt may have been simply exhausted from extracurricular activities.

texaspackerbacker
07-02-2020, 07:27 AM

I don't recall ever agreeing with you before, but on this, I do. How did it get into a Packer thread anyway? Amd low and behold, even Rand got it right.

mraynrand
07-02-2020, 07:47 AM
"low and behold"

texaspackerbacker
07-02-2020, 01:58 PM
hahahahahaha I thought about that as I was walking away from the computer this morning, but it didn't seem worth it to go back and make the correction. You get a blind squirrel trophy for getting something right.

GB-Brandon
07-02-2020, 09:09 PM

Since 2013 the Packers are 5-11-1 without Rodgers as the Starter. “Chew on That” and get used to “The Losing”

GB-Brandon
07-02-2020, 09:23 PM

Bitch Boy Dome QB!!!! He would of been completely ineffective if he had to play on the Frozen Tundra.

Nowhere near the total talent level or generational talent of AR12. Your all jacked up!!!

GB-Brandon
07-02-2020, 09:27 PM
The Packers are like the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan with only “One Ring”!!!!!

That’s how horrible it is.

bobblehead
07-03-2020, 12:41 AM

Remember the year Jordan went to the finals and lead the entire finals in Points, steals, rebound, assists and blocked shots? No, you don't, but I remember when LeBron did it. No comparison. 2 assholes. 2 great players. LeBron is superior in nearly every way. Equal scorer, better passer, equal defender, but can defend 3 positions to Jordans 2. I actually can't think of any facet of the game that Jordan was better at.

bobblehead
07-03-2020, 12:43 AM
Since 2013 the Packers are 5-11-1 without Rodgers as the Starter. “Chew on That” and get used to “The Losing”

Yes, its true. Teams are better with their starting QB and most teams have losing records without the starting QB. Boy you sure showed me.

bobblehead
07-03-2020, 12:46 AM
Bitch Boy Dome QB!!!! He would of been completely ineffective if he had to play on the Frozen Tundra.

Nowhere near the total talent level or generational talent of AR12. Your all jacked up!!!

Except again....Brees trumps Rodgers in nearly every statistic known to being a QB. Don't worry though, if Brees retires and Rodgers gets another 200 TD passes and 30k yards passing he will just eke by Brees.

bobblehead
07-03-2020, 12:47 AM
The Packers are like the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan with only “One Ring”!!!!!

That’s how horrible it is.

Thats how foolish you are.

texaspackerbacker
07-03-2020, 01:44 AM
Bobblehead, you're not seriously trying to claim Brees is better than Rodgers past, present, or future, are you? Because that would be just plain stupid. Maybe you're going for rand type sarcasm ...... that would be stupid too.

mraynrand
07-03-2020, 06:03 AM

Probably should draft a better backup and next HOF starter.

mraynrand
07-03-2020, 06:04 AM
Bobblehead, you're not seriously trying to claim Brees is better than Rodgers past, present, or future, are you? Because that would be just plain stupid. Maybe you're going for rand type sarcasm ...... that would be stupid too.

Convincing argument.

mraynrand
07-03-2020, 07:41 AM
Remember the year Jordan went to the finals and lead the entire finals in Points, steals, rebound, assists and blocked shots? No, you don't, but I remember when LeBron did it. No comparison. 2 assholes. 2 great players. LeBron is superior in nearly every way. Equal scorer, better passer, equal defender, but can defend 3 positions to Jordans 2. I actually can't think of any facet of the game that Jordan was better at.

I never saw Jordan quit in a playoff games out of spite. Your post supports my view: LeBron is a physical beast, better in every way than Jordan, except Jordan is a better winner with better heart and better killer instinct. I'd take Jordan over LeBron every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

RashanGary
07-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Big diFference between a one of 5 basketball player who plays both ways and a qb who is one of 22.

RashanGary
07-03-2020, 04:56 PM
Those Bakh/Sitton/(Wells, Lindsley, Tretter)/Lang/Bulaga lines were atrocious! And who can win with Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Cobb Finley and Jones.

AR has played with some really good players. If one guy really is as important as you guys say, AR is the one whos fallen short.

GB-Brandon
07-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Yes, its true. Teams are better with their starting QB and most teams have losing records without the starting QB. Boy you sure showed me.

Yet the Saints went 5-0 in 2019 without “The Mighty Drew Brees”

Your drowning here!!!!! D. Bree’s ball doesn’t even cut wind. He shouldn’t even be in the same conversation with Aaron Rodgers.

GB-Brandon
07-03-2020, 06:59 PM

Your drowning here!!!!! D. BreeÂ’s ball doesnÂ’t even cut wind. He shouldnÂ’t even be in the same conversation with Aaron Rodgers.

GB-Brandon
07-03-2020, 07:05 PM
Those Bakh/Sitton/(Wells, Lindsley, Tretter)/Lang/Bulaga lines were atrocious! And who can win with Jennings, Nelson, Driver, Cobb Finley and Jones.

AR has played with some really good players. If one guy really is as important as you guys say, AR is the one whos fallen short.

Sure, you can sit there and cherry pick a few players but the overall talent on the 53 has been very very questionable and not up to par too say the least.

The Packers have been too busy trying to accumulate “Penny Stocks” and ignoring taking some shots on stocks such as “Tesla”

Go get some Fucken Tesla Gute-Bag!!!

God I Love Tesla!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-03-2020, 07:47 PM
Also, the ability to make others around him better then they actually are and elevate their game is another attribute that Rodgers has demonstrated over the years which I draw parallels to him and Jordan.

Most Packer fans I do not believe are prepared for what’s coming ahead. They just don’t have a complete enough understanding of everything Rodgers does and reading some of these posts makes it even more evident.

RashanGary
07-03-2020, 09:39 PM
Also, the ability to make others around him better then they actually are and elevate their game is another attribute that Rodgers has demonstrated over the years which I draw parallels to him and Jordan.

Most Packer fans I do not believe are prepared for what’s coming ahead. They just don’t have a complete enough understanding of everything Rodgers does and reading some of these posts makes it even more evident.

We heard this 15 years ago too.

RashanGary
07-03-2020, 09:45 PM
Not only did wolf's replacement in green bay find Rodgers after favre, but Schneider got Wilson, dorsey got mahommes and McKenzie did alright with carr too. Gute might be just fine on his own too. Wolf deciples did HOF level fine without Rodgers or favre. R-E-L-A-X

GB-Brandon
07-03-2020, 09:56 PM
Not only did wolf's replacement in green bay find Rodgers after favre, but Schneider got Wilson, dorsey got mahommes and McKenzie did alright with carr too. Gute might be just fine on his own too. Wolf deciples did HOF level fine without Rodgers or favre. R-E-L-A-X

Lol. We shall see. I’m not holding my breath. There are few things I Love more then the Green Bay Packers but from all the research I’ve done and everything I’ve heard were in big Fucken trouble.

Time will ultimately tell.

bobblehead
07-04-2020, 12:16 AM

I'm claiming that Brees won an Owl with the 20th ranked Defense. Unheard of. I'm claiming Brees has a commanding lead on Rodgers in Passing Yards, TDs and its actually close in rushing yards. I'm claiming that there is virtually no chance Rodgers catches Brees in those passing categories. I'm claiming that the last 3 years its not even close who is the better QB.

So, if you think the guy with less accomplishments in virtually every passing stat is better than I won't argue with you.

bobblehead
07-04-2020, 12:18 AM
I never saw Jordan quit in a playoff games out of spite. Your post supports my view: LeBron is a physical beast, better in every way than Jordan, except Jordan is a better winner with better heart and better killer instinct. I'd take Jordan over LeBron every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I would not. Jordan has never made a finals without Pippen. Pippen is a HoF player. Jordan did get away with pulling down Marc Jacksons shorts, and pushing Byron Russell to the floor. He was better at that. LeBron lost Irving and Love and made the finals. If you are objective, there is no comparison in the better player.

bobblehead
07-04-2020, 12:25 AM

Your drowning here!!!!! D. Bree’s ball doesn’t even cut wind. He shouldn’t even be in the same conversation with Aaron Rodgers.

So the Saints had a former starter as a backup. And honestly he had a better season than Rodgers in about any conceivable way....plus he was 4 years older at 40 to Rodgers 36.

Its amazing to me that you are obsessed with the wins, but when I point out that the packers went 13 and 3 last year, you still think everything they do was stupid. Do wins matter or not?? You're drowning here!!! (as opposed to me owning the drowning...your drowning). I guess maybe you're right...I am owning you drowning.

GB-Brandon
07-04-2020, 11:41 AM
So the Saints had a former starter as a backup. And honestly he had a better season than Rodgers in about any conceivable way....plus he was 4 years older at 40 to Rodgers 36.

Its amazing to me that you are obsessed with the wins, but when I point out that the packers went 13 and 3 last year, you still think everything they do was stupid. Do wins matter or not?? You're drowning here!!! (as opposed to me owning the drowning...your drowning). I guess maybe you're right...I am owning you drowning.

The Packers traded away a former first round pick for a “former starter” in Kizer at QB and how did that work out? So it’s obviously not that simple!!!

Yeah, I would concur last season all things considered to be a success at 13-3 as has been discussed on here many many times. However; the front office “Re-Traced” back to “Stuck On Stupid” pretty much the whole offseason and ignoring getting the one thing this offense needed the most. In fact, they went into an entirely different direction so in a way it wipes out some of that momentum of that 13-3 season. All these other contenders are making “Aggressive Moves” and in the mix to help get their QB’s more weapons. Gute isn’t doing a Fucken thing but basically undermining Rodgers by setting him up to fail. This Gute should be ran out of town immediately.

This being the whole damn point of “Brandon Marshall” making the comment in the OP.

“DROWNING”!!!!

bobblehead
07-04-2020, 01:41 PM
Brandon, I'm not a fan of Gute. I have said so many times....however, I'm a huge fan of Flower. And Gute is getting him what he thinks he needs to win.

The difference between me and you is that you are positive that you are a ton smarter than the guy who worked his way up to GM of an NFL team and I simply don't like some of his moves, but I can't argue with 13-3 and changing the offense from the stale M3 model to the preferred Flower model. As such I'm willing to let it play out.

I definitely would have liked to trade up and grab a WR. I certainly wanted someone besides the tool box in the 3rd round. I think drafting the heir to Rodgers with 4 years left on his contract wasn't the best move...however, I can set my ideas aside for just a minute and see his process and what he is trying to accomplish. You on the other hand are blinded with emotion and self importance and refuse to believe he might have a good plan. If Rodgers continues to regress and show no heart (refusing to dive after a fumble in the playoffs) and Love and the dominant run game and defense pan out then you look pretty foolish...of course you will disappear just like every poster I have had this argument with before, but I want to post here for many years to come so I won't box myself in by letting my emotions and ego paint me into the "this can't possibly work cuz I am so smart" corner. In a year you will either be gone or look stupid....your ego won't allow you to look stupid so...bye bye when we have another good season despite a brutal schedule.

RashanGary
07-04-2020, 03:56 PM
I'm in slight disagreement with both of you guys, but clearly bobble is owning you drowning Brandon :lol:

I do like gute. Outside of the graham signing, his contract have been money. His draft picks are a little up in the air yet so we’ll see. I'm optimistic but open to admitting I'm a hopeless homer too. I do have that tendency.

If Steenberger and Lazard bust out, everyone at 1265 gonna look golden. That's my hope!

GB-Brandon
07-04-2020, 04:00 PM
Brandon, I'm not a fan of Gute. I have said so many times....however, I'm a huge fan of Flower. And Gute is getting him what he thinks he needs to win.

The difference between me and you is that you are positive that you are a ton smarter than the guy who worked his way up to GM of an NFL team and I simply don't like some of his moves, but I can't argue with 13-3 and changing the offense from the stale M3 model to the preferred Flower model. As such I'm willing to let it play out.

I definitely would have liked to trade up and grab a WR. I certainly wanted someone besides the tool box in the 3rd round. I think drafting the heir to Rodgers with 4 years left on his contract wasn't the best move...however, I can set my ideas aside for just a minute and see his process and what he is trying to accomplish. You on the other hand are blinded with emotion and self importance and refuse to believe he might have a good plan. If Rodgers continues to regress and show no heart (refusing to dive after a fumble in the playoffs) and Love and the dominant run game and defense pan out then you look pretty foolish...of course you will disappear just like every poster I have had this argument with before, but I want to post here for many years to come so I won't box myself in by letting my emotions and ego paint me into the "this can't possibly work cuz I am so smart" corner. In a year you will either be gone or look stupid....your ego won't allow you to look stupid so...bye bye when we have another good season despite a brutal schedule.

It’s possible they have a decent season “This Year” if Rodgers can play at an “MVP Level” and can carry this mediocre receiving Corp but even then they will fall short in the end. They have done next to zero to push them over the top and in some ways have gotten worse. From there the wheels come off and we’ll see how much everyone has this infatuation with the “Love Move” then.

I suppose then for the next ten years or so or possibly beyond people can talk about what coulda, woulda, shoulda been as things become very “Crystal Clear” to all. As far as the Rodgers era there has just been too much damage done. The cumulative effect of that damage is beyond catastrophic for anymore long term successes.

You simply can’t continue to make mistakes like this and expect one man to bail you out over and over again. My hope is the Packer organization re-invents itself too today’s NFL landscape after this bomb goes off. I thought this is what they were doing with the insertions from the last house cleaning but apparently it’s almost the same old script with just different characters.

It’s 2020 and the Packers need to start changing the way they do things. It’s that simple. Some people take that the wrong way but it is what is necessary if you ever want to see another NFL Champ Title in Titletown.

Innovate or Disintegrate.

GB-Brandon
07-04-2020, 04:17 PM
I'm in slight disagreement with both of you guys, but clearly bobble is owning you drowning Brandon :lol:

I do like gute. Outside of the graham signing, his contract have been money. His draft picks are a little up in the air yet so we’ll see. I'm optimistic but open to admitting I'm a hopeless homer too. I do have that tendency.

If Steenberger and Lazard bust out, everyone at 1265 gonna look golden. That's my hope!

Nothing wrong with that. I was that way for years too. It just got to the point for me where it wasn’t all adding up. Meaning I was not seeing the ”required commitment level” from the front office that I believed was necessary to truly produce a dominant result.

run pMc
07-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Not that I'm fond of the pick, but I honestly don't see how taking a QB in R1 ruins their whole year.
They signed 2 WRs in FA, got rid of Jimmy and G-Mo, drafted for the run game, got 2 new LBs, and another year for MVS and ESB in the MLF offense.

Could it be that, under Gute, they are changing the way they do things? I think Gute is more Wolf than Ted.

As for Rodgers, I certainly don't take his talent or production for granted. He's won a SB and has been MVP, and is the best QB in the division (Stafford's pretty good too). He's also slipped quite a way from 2011. Age, injuries, and a few bad habits are going to do that. We can call him a great player and a future HOFer because of past deeds. If you look at his last 3 seasons he's been very good, but I think you would have a hard time convincing many he's playing at an elite, Top-5 QB level.

sharpe1027
07-08-2020, 10:25 PM
Not that I'm fond of the pick, but I honestly don't see how taking a QB in R1 ruins their whole year.
They signed 2 WRs in FA, got rid of Jimmy and G-Mo, drafted for the run game, got 2 new LBs, and another year for MVS and ESB in the MLF offense.

Could it be that, under Gute, they are changing the way they do things? I think Gute is more Wolf than Ted.

As for Rodgers, I certainly don't take his talent or production for granted. He's won a SB and has been MVP, and is the best QB in the division (Stafford's pretty good too). He's also slipped quite a way from 2011. Age, injuries, and a few bad habits are going to do that. We can call him a great player and a future HOFer because of past deeds. If you look at his last 3 seasons he's been very good, but I think you would have a hard time convincing many he's playing at an elite, Top-5 QB level.

I don't know how anyone can really argue against this point. Which begs the question, how the hell did they win so many games last year with such terrible talent surrounding Rodgers? Unless, just perhaps, the rest of the team wasn't all that bad.

texaspackerbacker
07-09-2020, 06:50 AM
Good Point, Sharpe, but mostly it was Rodgers at maybe 75% of his peak ability still being the GOAT.

bobblehead
07-09-2020, 10:46 AM
LIke that Bears game where Rodgers carried them singlehandedly to a 10-3 win. Vikings 21-16? Lions 23-22? The 3 game stretch we scored 11, 24 and 8? The 20-15 win over the Redskins? 21-13 over the Bears? 23-10 over the Vikes?

Lets be honest here. The packers defense was pretty damn good last year and lead us to a 13 win regular season. They couldn't stop SF 2x and as a result we lost. Rodgers did not put up a massive amount of points last year.

He is good, very good. He is not carrying this team anymore. Not last year, not the last 3 years. I almost want him gone just so people can see that he is not God walking among us.

sharpe1027
07-09-2020, 11:29 AM
Good Point, Sharpe, but mostly it was Rodgers at maybe 75% of his peak ability still being the GOAT.

Yeah, we'd have lost a lot more with our backup. I'm just not buying the rhetoric about how poor the team is except for Rodgers.

run pMc
07-10-2020, 10:10 AM
Yeah, we'd have lost a lot more with our backup. I'm just not buying the rhetoric about how poor the team is except for Rodgers.

I think any team that has to start their backup is going to struggle, and if it's more than 4 games it will likely cost you your season.
Teddy Bridgewater was a rare exception, and may thought he overachieved.

Bobble, I don't want Rodgers gone. Jordan Love might be good, but no sense in letting Rodgers go until the team knows. Having Rodgers around means GB is a dangerous team.

I'm curious - is Rodgers better than Favre? Seems like the Rodgers-as-GOAT group may be overrating him or succumbing to recency bias.
Not saying he was better than Rodgers, but Favre was pretty darn good and has an argument (more SB appearances and MVPs, lots of TDs, wins, etc.).

bobblehead
07-10-2020, 10:15 AM
I think any team that has to start their backup is going to struggle, and if it's more than 4 games it will likely cost you your season.
Teddy Bridgewater was a rare exception, and may thought he overachieved.

Bobble, I don't want Rodgers gone. Jordan Love might be good, but no sense in letting Rodgers go until the team knows. Having Rodgers around means GB is a dangerous team.

I'm curious - is Rodgers better than Favre? Seems like the Rodgers-as-GOAT group may be overrating him or succumbing to recency bias.
Not saying he was better than Rodgers, but Favre was pretty darn good and has an argument (more SB appearances and MVPs, lots of TDs, wins, etc.).

I think Rodgers is much better than Favre. Brett threw insanely stupid picks in games that were all but won at times. Redzone picks in the playoffs were common (both red zones).

Don't misunderstand me though. Favre did some great things to off set those picks, but Rodgers is Favre with a tad less great and a ton less stupid.

I don't really want him gone either, I am just sick of the BS that he IS the franchise. Watch NE win their 100th division title without Brady this year.

Patler
07-10-2020, 10:48 AM
... Rodgers is Favre with a tad less great and a ton less stupid.

That says it in a nutshell! Great comment.

texaspackerbacker
07-10-2020, 02:24 PM
I see that a little bit differently. Rodgers has better skills than Favre - throwing accuracy, mobility, etc. (although Favre had a lot of those things too). And Rodgers does play it a lot smarter and more careful. Favre had more leadership and flair than Rodgers, and I sure wouldn't call him stupid, just a riverboat gambler mentality.

I'd say those two are the first and either third or fourth best QBs in NFL history.

GB-Brandon
07-10-2020, 05:03 PM

Hopefully it won’t “Ruin The Whole Year” but there is certainly cause for concern and this has been discussed in depth for months now as far as the details and I don’t care to repeat all of them. Heck, I even read somewhere it was the worst move by the Packers in the last decade. So many possible negative implications by this move. Gute certainly backed himself into a corner. That’s for sure.

Despite what some think I’m hoping for the best but this isn’t good. They didn’t bring in shit. Maybe some “Walmart” but certainly no Fucken “TESLA”

Gute needs to quite being a pussy and go get some Fucken TESLA!!!!

I love TESLA!! The Packers should too.

GB-Brandon
07-10-2020, 06:56 PM
LIke that Bears game where Rodgers carried them singlehandedly to a 10-3 win. Vikings 21-16? Lions 23-22? The 3 game stretch we scored 11, 24 and 8? The 20-15 win over the Redskins? 21-13 over the Bears? 23-10 over the Vikes?

Lets be honest here. The packers defense was pretty damn good last year and lead us to a 13 win regular season. They couldn't stop SF 2x and as a result we lost. Rodgers did not put up a massive amount of points last year.

He is good, very good. He is not carrying this team anymore. Not last year, not the last 3 years. I almost want him gone just so people can see that he is not God walking among us.

Yes, your right for once. The overall talent “Last Season” was better then usual overall as far as the “53 man roster.” They still lacked firepower on offense though and a couple pieces on defense. Still there was optimism heading into the offseason.

Then Gute proceeded to Shit the Bed at the worst possible time and the bed still stinks. People can talk there way around it and make excuse’s and say “let’s see how it plays out” and that’s fine. The bottom line is they did not aggressively address there weaknesses from last season. You could actually make a point where they have even more holes when you look at RT and ILB with probable health issues.

The motto has conveniently switched to “We’re. gonna run the Fuck out of the Football” and that’s all fine and dandy but it’s still a passing league. It’s still gonna come down to AR12 making plays at the end of the game and it’s still gonna come down to our defense being able to STOP THE RUN. Neither of these I feel all that great about with what Gute has done to address any of this.

GB-Brandon
07-10-2020, 07:17 PM
Antonio Brown is out there and cheap too. Go get Antonio Brown. Do something!!!

Thats “BARGAIN TESLA”

GB-Brandon
07-10-2020, 07:21 PM
If the Packers were to get Antonio Brown I would put a mask on and head on right over to Lambeau!!!

sharpe1027
07-10-2020, 07:46 PM
Yes, your right for once. The overall talent “Last Season” was better then usual overall as far as the “53 man roster.” They still lacked firepower on offense though and a couple pieces on defense. Still there was optimism heading into the offseason.

Then Gute proceeded to Shit the Bed at the worst possible time and the bed still stinks. People can talk there way around it and make excuse’s and say “let’s see how it plays out” and that’s fine. The bottom line is they did not aggressively address there weaknesses from last season. You could actually make a point where they have even more holes when you look at RT and ILB with probable health issues.

The motto has conveniently switched to “We’re. gonna run the Fuck out of the Football” and that’s all fine and dandy but it’s still a passing league. It’s still gonna come down to AR12 making plays at the end of the game and it’s still gonna come down to our defense being able to STOP THE RUN. Neither of these I feel all that great about with what Gute has done to address any of this.

So we can lose because teams can run the ball on us, but we can't win by improving the running game because it's a passing league? Got it.

It's not a binary thing. Improving the running game should improve the options in the passing game, and help the defense by keeping them off the field.

GB-Brandon
07-10-2020, 10:23 PM
So we can lose because teams can run the ball on us, but we can't win by improving the running game because it's a passing league? Got it.

It's not a binary thing. Improving the running game should improve the options in the passing game, and help the defense by keeping them off the field.

Yeah but these big “Power Run Teams” such as the Niners, Saints, Titans, Ravens or even Buffalo we’re much more effective at also stopping the run where the Packers ranked 26th against run and did zero to improve that. They actually even kept an incompetent defensive coordinator who I have zero faith in.

So yeah it will be effective IMO against the lower to mid-level teams but once again it will fall short against a team that can do both in the playoffs where are mediocre receiving corp then becomes a liability. The Packers simply don’t have a defensive front to grind it out with these teams for four quarters. Gute was too busy chasing unicorns laying turds on the bed.

Same old Fucken Song.

Massive J
07-10-2020, 10:36 PM
Rodgers wasted Rodger's career. Simple as that.

GB-Brandon
07-10-2020, 10:53 PM
Just put this in perspective for a moment. We were a couple good moves and couple good picks away from really having a legit shot to win a Super Bowl with a generational talent at QB at age 36. What would any other franchise do in that situation?

What would teams that have never won a Super Bowl like Detroit or Minnesota or Cleveland or the Chargers do? The arrogance of this whole thing is rather disgusting and when this flip flops it most likely won’t be pretty. Those teams would of done everything they could do to support the situation to win a Lombardi and strike the iron while it’s hot. I just can’t think of a time where things were more lined up for the Packers to push all in for the final prize!!

What a waste.

sharpe1027
07-11-2020, 12:14 AM
Improving the run game improves the offense. It helps the team. Listening to you tie yourself in knots to try to dismiss the effect of improvement of the run game because it doesn't fit your narrative is comical.

Maybe they won't be successful at improving the running game. If they do, however, it will make a difference.

texaspackerbacker
07-11-2020, 12:17 AM
The two Brandons have my vote.

bobblehead
07-11-2020, 10:12 AM
I see that a little bit differently. Rodgers has better skills than Favre - throwing accuracy, mobility, etc. (although Favre had a lot of those things too). And Rodgers does play it a lot smarter and more careful. Favre had more leadership and flair than Rodgers, and I sure wouldn't call him stupid, just a riverboat gambler mentality.

I'd say those two are the first and either third or fourth best QBs in NFL history.

Favre threw a much better slant and screen pass. He was better over the middle than Rodgers just cuz of raw arm strength. Rodgers is a little faster runner and threw a nicer deep ball (until recently). Athletically I think they were different but equal. Football (and life) IQ is where Rodgers separates.

bobblehead
07-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Wilt was kinda lazy, but at his peak he was the most dominant player ever, even over Alicindor/Jabbar. Russell just worked harder and had a better surrounding cast. Wilt may have been simply exhausted from extracurricular activities.

Just skimming back through some of the idiocy in this thread. Rand. You disappoint me. Let me throw something at you. Wilt played 3882 minutes one season. He broke 3600 three times. Jordans best was 3311. Wilt played 80 game seasons for those numbers. So wilt plays 48.52 minutes on average (yes games are 48 minutes in regulation), while Jordan mails in 40.4 minutes...who is the lazy one here? Yes, playing every minute of every game and being over 7' tall, Wilt probably took a play off at times, but lazy? Nah.

run pMc
07-11-2020, 11:14 AM
If I told you that your QB threw for over 4400 yards with 25 TD and 2 Int over 16 games, you'd expect a pretty good record, right?
That was Rodgers in the 2018, where they went 6-9-1.
Last year under MLF they improved considerably thanks to coaching, scheme, gameday luck and injury luck, defense, a 3rd place schedule, avoiding Mahomes and Stafford (in week 17), etc. but also because of moves by Gute. Pretty much everything except the passing game, actually. I think that's why we all hoped to see more drastic improvements personnel-wise there, but it sounds like it wasn't in the cards.
I agree the Love pick will define Gute's time as GM, but if they truly felt he was a high ceiling pick and a good fit for the scheme, I'm ok with it. They haven't gotten a lot out of their R1 picks anyway, and Wolf/TT/Schneider have had their share of clunkers in R1. Gute has made mistakes, but that's because he's taken some gambles that I don't think TT would have...Some of those are going to pay, some will flame out. Gotta be able to live with that. Point is, before we complain about Gute shitting the bed, think about what he had to work with and where they are now. He's done a pretty good job and I don't think one pick ruins everything...that's a purely emotional response worthy of a Real Housewives drama queen. This was a team with 2 straight losing seasons (M3's last 2), the talent wasn't great, and they were not SB contenders. I would say last year was due to modest improvements and luck, but credit is still deserved. It's hard to win in the NFL.

If there was a decent WR out there under the age of 30 without baggage, I'm sure Gute would be looking at them (as would every other GM, personnel moves don't happen in a vaccuum). AB is 32 years old, with serious legal and locker room issues. Who wants those kinds of headaches when you have enough personalities (incl. Rodgers) to deal with? Besides, the last WR I can think of they signed that age was Mark freaking Clayton, the last TE was Jimmy Graham. Neither turned out great.

GB-Brandon
07-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Improving the run game improves the offense. It helps the team. Listening to you tie yourself in knots to try to dismiss the effect of improvement of the run game because it doesn't fit your narrative is comical.

Maybe they won't be successful at improving the running game. If they do, however, it will make a difference.

Once again I have no problem with “Trying To Improve The Run Game.” My problem is chasing unicorns and burning resources and avoiding glaring weaknesses which in the end is complete RECKLESS BEHAVIOR!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-13-2020, 05:12 PM

Once again I have no problem with “Trying To Improve The Run Game.” My problem is chasing unicorns and burning resources and avoiding glaring weaknesses which in the end is complete RECKLESS BEHAVIOR!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-13-2020, 05:44 PM
If I told you that your QB threw for over 4400 yards with 25 TD and 2 Int over 16 games, you'd expect a pretty good record, right?
That was Rodgers in the 2018, where they went 6-9-1.
Last year under MLF they improved considerably thanks to coaching, scheme, gameday luck and injury luck, defense, a 3rd place schedule, avoiding Mahomes and Stafford (in week 17), etc. but also because of moves by Gute. Pretty much everything except the passing game, actually. I think that's why we all hoped to see more drastic improvements personnel-wise there, but it sounds like it wasn't in the cards.
I agree the Love pick will define Gute's time as GM, but if they truly felt he was a high ceiling pick and a good fit for the scheme, I'm ok with it. They haven't gotten a lot out of their R1 picks anyway, and Wolf/TT/Schneider have had their share of clunkers in R1. Gute has made mistakes, but that's because he's taken some gambles that I don't think TT would have...Some of those are going to pay, some will flame out. Gotta be able to live with that. Point is, before we complain about Gute shitting the bed, think about what he had to work with and where they are now. He's done a pretty good job and I don't think one pick ruins everything...that's a purely emotional response worthy of a Real Housewives drama queen. This was a team with 2 straight losing seasons (M3's last 2), the talent wasn't great, and they were not SB contenders. I would say last year was due to modest improvements and luck, but credit is still deserved. It's hard to win in the NFL.

If there was a decent WR out there under the age of 30 without baggage, I'm sure Gute would be looking at them (as would every other GM, personnel moves don't happen in a vaccuum). AB is 32 years old, with serious legal and locker room issues. Who wants those kinds of headaches when you have enough personalities (incl. Rodgers) to deal with? Besides, the last WR I can think of they signed that age was Mark freaking Clayton, the last TE was Jimmy Graham. Neither turned out great.

No we don't. Many Many people did not see Gary worthy of the 12th pick or Love even of a 1st round grade. Plus this attitude of we don't draft well in the 1st round anyways so it doesn't matter is just "LOSER TALK" and should not be accepted. Talk about a mediocrity.

Locker Room issues? LMAO!!! The only person causing "Locker Room Issues" is that jack ass Gute. Brown coming in I believe would help relieve the locker room tension and give Rodgers some more feel good about the level of confidence of the organization with their commitment to win now. It would ease this tension IMO with the mickey mouse club receiving corp in place. Brown is most likely going to serve a 4 game suspension. To compare him to Clayton or Graham is just ridiculous. The guy played last season and was effective when he played. He is in better physical condition then anyone on the Packers roster.

"TESLA" FOOL!!!

GB-Brandon
07-13-2020, 05:50 PM
I can't guarantee the Packers will win a Super Bowl if they go get Antonio Brown but I can Guarantee they would have a better chance then they currently do now.

That't the Truth.

And in the end that's what the fans and the players and all of us deserve is the best shot possible.

sharpe1027
07-13-2020, 06:46 PM

A bit too much drama for my liking, but there's nothing objectionable to think it they could have done better.

No matter what they do, someone will complain. When they don't win the Superbowl, they'll then claim vindication. On the off chance they do win it all, it'll be in spite of the management decisions rather than because.

GB-Brandon
07-13-2020, 09:42 PM
A bit too much drama for my liking, but there's nothing objectionable to think it they could have done better.

No matter what they do, someone will complain. When they don't win the Superbowl, they'll then claim vindication. On the off chance they do win it all, it'll be in spite of the management decisions rather than because.

I have no problem giving credit where credit is due but I think I’m pretty safe with the collection of Gute,LaFluer and Pettine doing that while upstaging Rodgers. Those three just aren’t that great. Sorry.

sharpe1027
07-14-2020, 07:05 AM
I have no problem giving credit where credit is due but I think I’m pretty safe with the collection of Gute,LaFluer and Pettine doing that while upstaging Rodgers. Those three just aren’t that great. Sorry.

We'll see. Are you certain that diverting some attention away from Rodgers is a bad thing?

GB-Brandon
07-14-2020, 03:27 PM
We'll see. Are you certain that diverting some attention away from Rodgers is a bad thing?

When the time is right. Not certain the Packers are at that point yet. Yes. there were times in the pocket where he looked a little out of place but he is still a high volume passer in this league and you can still build an offense around him and win a Super Bowl if done correctly IMO. The Packers have just completely failed to go that route in years so we will never really know. Maybe he goes to another team and wins one but I am not certain he will win another one with the Packers.

I don't see this as a situation like the Broncos with John Elway. Elway's skills were diminished much more then Rodgers are now. I just don't see this as a time to abandon Rodgers and head into and entirely different direction. This was far from the motto or vision that many wanted or envisioned when MM was let go. You wanna change the playbook fine but now was not the right time to change the entire vision of the offense.

GB-Brandon
07-14-2020, 04:59 PM
Aaron Rodgers is “The Guy”. As talented as Aaron Jones is I’m still in the boat that Aaron Rodgers is the best player on this football team and that’s not to take anything away from jones. Go Get AR12 a legit no.2. Sign Antonio Brown or make a Fucken trade for a guy like Sammy Watkins. There are available options on the table.

Let’s see what happens then. If Rodgers fails with competent weapons then let’s start to talk about smash mouth football and The Love machine and all this rhetoric but right now it’s just ridiculous. They haven’t even given Rodgers a legit shot first. Geez!!!

Why in the hell change the entire vision when you haven’t even explored your best possible option? Makes zero sense. It’s called “Ego and Arrogance” and it’s Fucken disgusting!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-14-2020, 05:17 PM
The only reason the die hards and homers are even putting up with all this shit and willing to ride the wave is because of the “13–3 season” where everything went right. Let’s see how well everyone can look the other way when the shit hits the fan.

Let’s see how popular all this bullshit is then.

sharpe1027
07-14-2020, 07:42 PM
When the time is right. Not certain the Packers are at that point yet. Yes. there were times in the pocket where he looked a little out of place but he is still a high volume passer in this league and you can still build an offense around him and win a Super Bowl if done correctly IMO. The Packers have just completely failed to go that route in years so we will never really know. Maybe he goes to another team and wins one but I am not certain he will win another one with the Packers.

I don't see this as a situation like the Broncos with John Elway. Elway's skills were diminished much more then Rodgers are now. I just don't see this as a time to abandon Rodgers and head into and entirely different direction. This was far from the motto or vision that many wanted or envisioned when MM was let go. You wanna change the playbook fine but now was not the right time to change the entire vision of the offense.

Hold on, I didn't say anything about heading in an entirely different direction. I asked whether some attention being moved off Rodgers was necessarily a bad thing. Where do you twist that into Rodgers going to another team?

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

sharpe1027
07-14-2020, 07:44 PM
The only reason the die hards and homers are even putting up with all this shit and willing to ride the wave is because of the “13–3 season” where everything went right. Let’s see how well everyone can look the other way when the shit hits the fan.

Let’s see how popular all this bullshit is then.

Labeling people as die-hards and homers doesn't make you any more right. It just makes you a self-righteous asshole.

sharpe1027
07-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Aaron Rodgers is “The Guy”. As talented as Aaron Jones is I’m still in the boat that Aaron Rodgers is the best player on this football team and that’s not to take anything away from jones. Go Get AR12 a legit no.2. Sign Antonio Brown or make a Fucken trade for a guy like Sammy Watkins. There are available options on the table.

Let’s see what happens then. If Rodgers fails with competent weapons then let’s start to talk about smash mouth football and The Love machine and all this rhetoric but right now it’s just ridiculous. They haven’t even given Rodgers a legit shot first. Geez!!!

Why in the hell change the entire vision when you haven’t even explored your best possible option? Makes zero sense. It’s called “Ego and Arrogance” and it’s Fucken disgusting!!!!

I'm pretty convinced you're just trolling at this point. Shame on me for taking the bait.

GB-Brandon
07-15-2020, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty convinced you're just trolling at this point. Shame on me for taking the bait.

This isn’t “Trolling” and many Packer fans feel the same way I do. Not to mention several media outlets, players and former players etc etc. If people wanna hide in a little bubble then fine. Im not making up anything or talking about anything that isn’t being talked about in several other places or platforms. Geez.

GB-Brandon
07-15-2020, 09:48 AM
Hold on, I didn't say anything about heading in an entirely different direction. I asked whether some attention being moved off Rodgers was necessarily a bad thing. Where do you twist that into Rodgers going to another team?

Once again the “Teams Actions” have shown a level of “Moving On From Rodgers” and it goes beyond the Jordan Love pick. If you can’t see that then I can’t help ya. People that think that Rodgers is gonna be around for the next 4-5 years are delusional. This was a bold move by Gute and their plans are definitely in motion. The Rodgers window is most likely 1-2 years and the fact that Gute is doing nothing to help him this offseason only puts the plan in cement. This appears to be the “Direction”

There ya go. Like it or hate it that appears to be the plan.

GB-Brandon
07-15-2020, 09:48 AM

Where should the optimism come from?

bobblehead
07-15-2020, 07:16 PM

Really? Sammy Watkins? Really, that is your argument. I would say you can do better, but....

run pMc
07-16-2020, 08:33 AM
They went 6-9-1 with Rodgers throwing to Adams, Cobb and Graham. Ty Montgomery would have been a useful player if M3 used him properly (or if Ty could figure it out, you decide). It's not like he didn't have weapons. What does a team want in trade for Watkins? What cap hit do you take on, and what does that mean for signing Bahktiari, Kenny Clark, Aaron Jones, et al.? Don't think the cap is going to go up with Covid affecting NFL revenue. Maybe since Rodgers is such a god he'll redo his contract to sign other WRs, oh wait no he won't because he's not that stupid lol.

Can we stop with the Antonio Brown talk? I hate the phrase "Packer People", but I think that's still very much a thing Mark Murphy and Co. want to keep in mind...and AB doesn't fit the mold. Hard to imagine many teams wanting the PR headache of a guy with so many legal issues, nevermind whether he's a prima donna in the locker room. He was a distraction for the Steelers, Raiders and Pats, and Bruce Arians (who coached AB) doesn't want anything to do with him even though Brady lobbied for a reunion. He's on probation for 2 years because of a fight with a driver, plus there's the two alleged cases of sexual misconduct, and a felony charge of battery and burglary. That's just the recent stuff. Other teams would have signed him if they thought he was worth the trouble.

GB-Brandon
07-16-2020, 09:06 AM
Here are some recent articles about the Packers potentially making moves to trade for a WR.

https://www.nflanalysis.net/packers-sammy-watkins-mentioned-as-a-potential-trade-target-for-green-bay/

http://www.nflanalysis.net/packers-3-reasons-green-bay-should-revisit-a-trade-for-a-j-green/

As far as Antonio Brown it is rumored that the Seattle Seahawks are close to signing him. Remember, the Packers signed a troubled Andre Rison(on the cheap) that helped them win a Super Bowl. Don’t see why they couldn’t attempt to do it again with a similar low risk type deal with Antonio Brown NOW.

All of these options would provide the Packers with a legitimate No.2 option to go along with D. Adams and have the potential to get this offense humming again. It would also push guys like Lazard, Funches, MVS back in the rotation where IMO they would be more effective.

GB-Brandon
07-16-2020, 10:50 AM
They went 6-9-1 with Rodgers throwing to Adams, Cobb and Graham. Ty Montgomery would have been a useful player if M3 used him properly (or if Ty could figure it out, you decide). It's not like he didn't have weapons. What does a team want in trade for Watkins? What cap hit do you take on, and what does that mean for signing Bahktiari, Kenny Clark, Aaron Jones, et al.? Don't think the cap is going to go up with Covid affecting NFL revenue. Maybe since Rodgers is such a god he'll redo his contract to sign other WRs, oh wait no he won't because he's not that stupid lol.

Can we stop with the Antonio Brown talk? I hate the phrase "Packer People", but I think that's still very much a thing Mark Murphy and Co. want to keep in mind...and AB doesn't fit the mold. Hard to imagine many teams wanting the PR headache of a guy with so many legal issues, nevermind whether he's a prima donna in the locker room. He was a distraction for the Steelers, Raiders and Pats, and Bruce Arians (who coached AB) doesn't want anything to do with him even though Brady lobbied for a reunion. He's on probation for 2 years because of a fight with a driver, plus there's the two alleged cases of sexual misconduct, and a felony charge of battery and burglary. That's just the recent stuff. Other teams would have signed him if they thought he was worth the trouble.

Both sexual assault allegations were years ago and yet no criminal charges have yet been made. Joe Biden has recent sexual assault allegations and is running for President so give me a Fucken break.

It has been said that AB has been going through some counseling and has been having some success. As long as he has been living up to his end of probation and serves his suspension he should be allowed to play again IMO. Let’s not get carried away here.

bobblehead
07-16-2020, 12:21 PM
Oh....are we talking about Joe Biden in this thread. I got a few things to add. Mainly though i would point out that at his age he is unlikely to post a good time in the 40.

RashanGary
07-16-2020, 03:19 PM
I would take brown in a heartbeat. Rich mans greg Jennings

RashanGary
07-16-2020, 03:25 PM
The whole season could be an epic circus like Brandon predicts, the kind that could get gute fired.

But this is the off-season, I can’t help but envision best case scenarios and a Super Bowl trophy!

RashanGary
07-16-2020, 03:30 PM
A lot of people thought the earth was flat too. I don’t give two fucks what a lot of people think. Imma go ahead and stick
to what I think!

And Lazard is Golladay 2.0! Or at least the James Jones quality version of Golladay, which is a fantastaroony #2 in an offense with Rodgers, Adams and Jones, plus a solid vet OL and a deep stable of running backs.

R-E-L-A-X

GB-Brandon
07-16-2020, 06:32 PM
Trouble in paradise!!!!!!

https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/29477065/danica-patrick-aaron-rodgers-no-longer-together

Rastak
07-16-2020, 07:04 PM
I don't recall ever agreeing with you before, but on this, I do. How did it get into a Packer thread anyway? Amd low and behold, even Rand got it right.

I worked with a guy who was at the University of Kansas and he got in the elevator. He said "That was the biggest dude I ever saw in my life. Took most of the elevator."

Glad we agree on something Tex. Hope you boys in Texas are well, sounds like a rough ride overall. Wow, let's give peace a chance......;-)

GB-Brandon
07-16-2020, 07:20 PM
I would take brown in a heartbeat. Rich mans greg Jennings

Exactly, him and Adams and Jones etc would make our offense UNSTOPPABLE!!!

This move would make me forget everything. It’s a Low Risk High Reward Move. No Brainer IMO.

Rastak
07-16-2020, 07:30 PM
Exactly, him and Adams and Jones etc would make our offense UNSTOPPABLE!!!

This move would make me forget everything. It’s a Low Risk High Reward Move. No Brainer IMO.

Antonio? You'd have to work around the year long suspension or more he's gonna get. If this turd gets amnesty then the flood gates are open. This dude is a statue dedicated to Assholes. Doesn't pay people and threatens people and it ain't one gold digger, it's a BUNCH people. Lots of high upside there.

GB-Brandon
07-16-2020, 08:48 PM
Antonio? You'd have to work around the year long suspension or more he's gonna get. If this turd gets amnesty then the flood gates are open. This dude is a statue dedicated to Assholes. Doesn't pay people and threatens people and it ain't one gold digger, it's a BUNCH people. Lots of high upside there.

Once again he is on probation and nothing has come out of some old hearsay allegations that have lost there Thunder. No criminal charges.

I’m not sure the league can suspend him because of some “tweets”. If that’s the case then suspend the president from office. Geez.

I’m not saying Antonio Brown should win the Nobel Peace Prize. I’m just looking at the facts in place. He sat out pretty much all of last season. He is going through counseling now and it has been said he is making some progress. I’m hearing 4-6 games. The Seahawks are very close to signing him. The Packers should be as well but I doubt they are even in the mix.

Brown will play in 2020.

Rastak
07-16-2020, 09:43 PM
Once again he is on probation and nothing has come out of some old hearsay allegations that have lost there Thunder. No criminal charges.

I’m not sure the league can suspend him because of some “tweets”. If that’s the case then suspend the president from office. Geez.

I’m not saying Antonio Brown should win the Nobel Peace Prize. I’m just looking at the facts in place. He sat out pretty much all of last season. He is going through counseling now and it has been said he is making some progress. I’m hearing 4-6 games. The Seahawks are very close to signing him. The Packers should be as well but I doubt they are even in the mix.

Brown will play in 2020.

Good luck. He threatened a woman who dared say something against him with a suggestive tweet message referencing her kid. If this piece of shit is ever let back as a Viking fan you guys would be my favorite destination. From everything I've seen this dude is a piece of shit . You want that? Have fun.

bobblehead
07-17-2020, 09:18 AM

Brown will play in 2020.

Now I know you can't be taken seriously. Honestly if a GM is stupid enough to sign Brown, he might as well sign Kapernick too. Watching them blame each other for the failings would be totally worth it.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 12:37 PM
Now I know you can't be taken seriously. Honestly if a GM is stupid enough to sign Brown, he might as well sign Kapernick too. Watching them blame each other for the failings would be totally worth it.

How in the hell can you fail in signing Brown for the league minimum with almost zero guaranteed money holding practically all the leverage? If he makes one mistake or becomes a problem you get rid of him. It’s that simple. I really don’t see why this is so hard to understand. Nobody is talking about some big mega deal.

Kaepernick was a Jag. Brown had HOF numbers before his career derailed. Big difference.

I said “IF” it’s true his counseling has helped him turn a corner then he should be given an opportunity to play.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 12:41 PM

Maybe the same GM stupid enough to derail a Super Bowl run!!!

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 12:51 PM
Good luck. He threatened a woman who dared say something against him with a suggestive tweet message referencing her kid. If this piece of shit is ever let back as a Viking fan you guys would be my favorite destination. From everything I've seen this dude is a piece of shit . You want that? Have fun.

Once again here people are playing “Judge and Juror” with limited information. Was he retaliating because some women was trying to come after him for $ in some Made up frivolous Civil Law Suite ruining his career or did he Abuse a Woman? We don’t know. However the police and detectives have not brought up any formal charges regarding this in a sufficient amount of time of investigating so I think in this regard Brown should not be penalized for such matters.

Doesn’t mean you need to Love the guy but just sayin.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 01:00 PM
Here ya go.

https://lombardiave.com/2020/07/01/packers-antonio-brown-worth-risk/

RashanGary
07-17-2020, 02:29 PM
I’d bet on the woman or women being caniving liars. Browns a good guy.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 03:21 PM
Anybody that is all Pooh Pooh about this subject better just line up then to give the 3rd Lombardi back because Andre Rison was of similar breed of type of person and contributed significantly to that Super Bowl Win.

What a bunch of of hypocrites!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 03:24 PM
Heck, Darren Sharper was actually proven to be running around “Date Rapping” women for that matter. Give it all back!!!

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 03:25 PM
Chumura in the hot tub with under age girls?

Let’s get a grip here!!!!! Please!!!!

RashanGary
07-17-2020, 03:53 PM
I’m good with brown. Sign him up. Best WR of the decade.

Rastak
07-17-2020, 05:22 PM
Once again here people are playing “Judge and Juror” with limited information. Was he retaliating because some women was trying to come after him for $ in some Made up frivolous Civil Law Suite ruining his career or did he Abuse a Woman? We don’t know. However the police and detectives have not brought up any formal charges regarding this in a sufficient amount of time of investigating so I think in this regard Brown should not be penalized for such matters.

Doesn’t mean you need to Love the guy but just sayin.

He was accused of shit by a shit ton of people. Wake the fuck up. Ain't everyone lying.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 05:57 PM
He was accused of shit by a shit ton of people. Wake the fuck up. Ain't everyone lying.

“Accused” and “Charged” and “Convicted” are all different things. I never said Antonio Brown was a great guy. He obviously has a checkered past but based on what he has been “Charged” and “Convicted” of he has a shot to play in 2020 if it’s true he is taking things seriously with his mental health and making some positive changes in his life. He wouldn’t be the first guy to turn it around and I don’t know why everyone always has to take shots at someone when they are down. If he has some mental health issues and he is seeking treatment and making a serious attempt to get better that is something that should be applauded rather then let’s kick the horse while it’s down approach which appears to be an ongoing attitude of this society we live in.

Rastak
07-17-2020, 06:08 PM
“Accused” and “Charged” and “Convicted” are all different things. I never said Antonio Brown was a great guy. He obviously has a checkered past but based on what he has been “Charged” and “Convicted” of he has a shot to play in 2020 if it’s true he is taking things seriously with his mental health and making some positive changes in his life. He wouldn’t be the first guy to turn it around and I don’t know why everyone always has take shots at everyone when they are down. If he has some mental health issues and he is seeking treatment and making a serious attempt to get better that is something that should be applauded rather then let’s kick the horse while it’s down approach which appears to be an ongoing attitude of this society we live in.

I'm not trying to lawyer GB, any team can sign the guy and good luck to them. This guys takes checkered past to a whole new level. He (just from what I have a heard) seems like an absolute shithead and I do not want absolute shitheads on my team. I totally admit your millage may vary.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 06:23 PM
I'm not trying to lawyer GB, any team can sign the guy and good luck to them. This guys takes checkered past to a whole new level. He (just from what I have a heard) seems like an absolute shithead and I do not want absolute shitheads on my team. I totally admit your millage may vary.

It’s the ultimate “Risk vs Reward” situation for me. We’re talking about HOF level talent at a bargain price and then throwing in NEED which the Packers have at WR. Add all those things up and it becomes very tempting to say the least is all I’m saying.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 06:29 PM
“Tesla Options” for “Walmart Price” and you can get out whenever you want.

Sign me up for Antonio Brown!!!

Rastak
07-17-2020, 06:37 PM
It’s the ultimate “Risk vs Reward” situation for me. We’re talking about HOF level talent at a bargain price and then throwing in NEED which the Packers have at WR. Add all those things up and it becomes very tempting to say the least is all I’m saying.

I get the risk versus reward. It's like me trying to rob the Louvre. If I get the Mona Lisa how rich will I be? The problem is success is 1%.

The fallout can be much larger. I say take risks that actually make sense.

Rastak
07-17-2020, 06:39 PM
That said, I highly doubt Gutey wants that clown in the locker room but who can say for sure.

GB-Brandon
07-17-2020, 07:28 PM
That said, I highly doubt Gutey wants that clown in the locker room but who can say for sure.

The thing is Russell Wilson(who is supposedly the ultimate team guy) loves the guy and has been working out with him. Not sure he would be the cancer at this stage everyone fears knowing his career is certainly on the line. On top of that GB might be the perfect environment for him at this stage of his treatment. It could be a huge WiN/WIN for EVERYONE!!!

This is exactly the type of move Gute needs be all over actually.

Rastak
07-17-2020, 07:47 PM
The thing is Russell Wilson(who is supposedly the ultimate team guy) loves the guy and has been working out with him. Not sure he would be the cancer at this stage everyone fears knowing his career is certainly on the line. On top of that GB might be the perfect environment for him at this stage of his treatment. It could be a huge WiN/WIN for EVERYONE!!!

This is exactly the type of move Gute needs be all over actually.

Well, we'll see what happens. I do understand your position. I'm presuming the NFL suspends the living shit out of him rendering the point moot (or mute as some of you non english speaking goofballs say),

Patler
07-17-2020, 09:49 PM
This is the guy some of you want in GB?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

Per people I know in Pittsburgh, it seems that the list of people he stiffed goes well-beyond the nonprofit charity, various assistants, doctor, chef, 2 trainers and artist mentioned in the SI article. Business after business did things for him, large and small, and were never paid. Then there are the much more serious and concerning sexual assault, domestic abuse, physical assault, reckless driving and other accusations that have been made against him, some formally and several settled. In my opinion this is a guy who does not deserve another chance in the NFL.

Is an NFL team different than any other business? If Antonio Brown was your CEO, CFO, studio president, leading actor, factory general manager, office manager or other employee, should his past be ignored?

In this day and age, businesses should, and some do, take stands against people like him. They do not belong in your organization. There should not be a lower standard for athlete-employees than for more common jobs just because they have less common physical skills. If he was a groundskeeper or equipment manager, should the Packers hire him? What if he was an office staffer? Coach? Head coach? GM? Antonio Brown shouldn't be held to a lower standard just because he is a top skilled WR.

Rastak
07-17-2020, 10:04 PM
As always, Patler stated it better than I. Guy is a turd, risk or no risk, you' have to be a moron to sign him.

GB-Brandon
07-18-2020, 10:58 AM
This is the guy some of you want in GB?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/09/16/antonio-brown-new-england-patriots-lawsuits-accusations-sexual-midconduct-assault

Per people I know in Pittsburgh, it seems that the list of people he stiffed goes well-beyond the nonprofit charity, various assistants, doctor, chef, 2 trainers and artist mentioned in the SI article. Business after business did things for him, large and small, and were never paid. Then there are the much more serious and concerning sexual assault, domestic abuse, physical assault, reckless driving and other accusations that have been made against him, some formally and several settled. In my opinion this is a guy who does not deserve another chance in the NFL.

Is an NFL team different than any other business? If Antonio Brown was your CEO, CFO, studio president, leading actor, factory general manager, office manager or other employee, should his past be ignored?

In this day and age, businesses should, and some do, take stands against people like him. They do not belong in your organization. There should not be a lower standard for athlete-employees than for more common jobs just because they have less common physical skills. If he was a groundskeeper or equipment manager, should the Packers hire him? What if he was an office staffer? Coach? Head coach? GM? Antonio Brown shouldn't be held to a lower standard just because he is a top skilled WR.

You could of said many of these same things about Andre Rison who was broke two years after retiring from the NFL. Rison left a very long trail of disaster both before he played with the Packers and after he won a Super Bowl with the Packers. In fact his behavior is somewhat of a carbon copy of Brown’s

The difference is back then is we did not have social media so even though everyone knew Andre was a “Bad Moon” they did not have as much access to details and depth of the situation. This all gets very frustrating for me as the Packers have already exercised looking the other way and going this route before.

It was Holmgren and I know this. I really like Holmgren. Wish we had some more of Holmgren now.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-18-2020, 01:06 PM

Vick served time (unjustly, in my humble stoic opinion) for a dogfighting ring. NFL welcomed him back with open arms.

Roethlisbeger allegedly raped a 20 year old college chick in a bathroom of a bar. Welcomed back with open arms.

Hunt was caught on tape physically assaulting a woman. Welcomed back with open arms.

Stallworth drove drunk and tragically killed a pedestrian. Welcomed back with open arms.

Incognito physically and psychologically bullied a teammate and has always been insane. Welcomed back with open arms.

Kap, never once a thug, knelt inside PUBLICLY funded stadiums to shed lights on societal maladies. Gets blackballed.

Comparing the NFL to other businesses is ridiculously stupid.

mraynrand
07-18-2020, 01:27 PM
All those other guys could play football. Kap kneeled after he got yanked for Blaine Gabbert.

Blaine Gabbert.

L

O

L

His last start he was 20-41 for 165 and a 59.2 QB rating.

Broad sides of barns were wondering where the football was.

He’s making better coin with his new gig than being a marginal backup to never been starters like Blaine Gabbert.

GB-Brandon
07-18-2020, 01:49 PM
What it really comes down too is if you believe you have a plan in place and a locker room to handle the player and situation. The “Walrus” was up to the task at handling Rison and the Packers were masterful at pulling it off and making it work with Rison in route to winning a Super Bowl.

As much as I believe Brown could help this team I’m not sure Flower Boy is capable of pulling it off. To me he is weak. He can’t even stand up to Mike Pettine. How is he gonna stand up to Antonio Brown. Probably won’t work.

On the other hand I can see where a guy like Pete Carroll could handle Brown which is probably why the Seahawks are trying to sign him.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-18-2020, 02:00 PM
All those other guys could play football. Kap kneeled after he got yanked for Blaine Gabbert.

Blaine Gabbert.

L

O

L

His last start he was 20-41 for 165 and a 59.2 QB rating.

Broad sides of barns were wondering where the football was.

He’s making better coin with his new gig than being a marginal backup to never been starters like Blaine Gabbert.

Kap doesn’t even own a worthless Packers stock, yet he still owns the Packers. Anyone good enough to own the Packers in the arena, with glorious blades of grass beneath his feet, is good enough to be in the NFL.

Brett Hundley started games for the Packers, for fuck’s sake!

run pMc
07-18-2020, 02:24 PM
Comparing Brown to Rison is not accurate.
Rison was not easy to handle in the locker room, but his legal issues involved child support and domestic disputes with Lisa Lopes, who was certifiably disturbed enough to burn down his house.
Brown is (allegedly) a sexual predator and a cheat among other things (the felony assault charge, the tweets, etc.)

It's worth noting GB took a chance on Koren Robinson, who had substance abuse issues, and he was largely a good citizen, but bringing Brown into your locker room even on a team friendly contract would be a much larger risk for the team - internally as well as in the community. There's a reason Ray Rice didn't get much interest but Josh Gordon did...substance abuse is different from sex crimes.

I imagine the players and staff don't want the distraction, the bad PR locally and nationally, or their neighbors wondering if bringing this dirtbag in is worth it. These folks have to look their girlfriends/wives, and daughters in the eye.

Sexual harassment (which AB has also be accused of) and sexual assault should not be tolerated in sports or anywhere else. If the CEO of my company tweeted half the things AB has he'd be gone in a heartbeat. IMO that means not taking a risk on AB, and taking a stand on being a decent human being. AB has had chances and he's blown them IMO.

mraynrand
07-18-2020, 02:37 PM
Kap doesn’t even own a worthless Packers stock, yet he still owns the Packers. Anyone good enough to own the Packers in the arena, with glorious blades of grass beneath his feet, is good enough to be in the NFL.

Brett Hundley started games for the Packers, for fuck’s sake!

Troy Aikman owned the Packers at one point too. All flesh is grass. Kap’s time as a serviceable NFL clipboard holder are long gone.

Blaine Gabbert.

L

O

L

RashanGary
07-18-2020, 02:44 PM
I am a nut case. Reckless, dangerous, impulsive. The whole 9 yards. But I'm also fiercely loyal, warm to my people, consistently supportive to my family and honest.

Not every psycho is a bad person. We just like fire and fighting and driving fast. Doesn't mean we're not good, loyal, committed people. Just have some rough edges and are prone to excitement and risk.

It's kinda like a wolf vs a dog. A wolf will rip your face off if you're not his teammate. A wolf will do some dangerous ass shit. A dog is docile, obedient, and likes everyone (vs a wolf only liking his pack)

Wolves aren't bad, just different than dogs. Brown is a wolf. He has the blood of the ancients pumping through his veins, not a domesticated dog.

GB-Brandon
07-18-2020, 03:07 PM
Comparing Brown to Rison is not accurate.
Rison was not easy to handle in the locker room, but his legal issues involved child support and domestic disputes with Lisa Lopes, who was certifiably disturbed enough to burn down his house.
Brown is (allegedly) a sexual predator and a cheat among other things (the felony assault charge, the tweets, etc.)

It's worth noting GB took a chance on Koren Robinson, who had substance abuse issues, and he was largely a good citizen, but bringing Brown into your locker room even on a team friendly contract would be a much larger risk for the team - internally as well as in the community. There's a reason Ray Rice didn't get much interest but Josh Gordon did...substance abuse is different from sex crimes.

I imagine the players and staff don't want the distraction, the bad PR locally and nationally, or their neighbors wondering if bringing this dirtbag in is worth it. These folks have to look their girlfriends/wives, and daughters in the eye.

Sexual harassment (which AB has also be accused of) and sexual assault should not be tolerated in sports or anywhere else. If the CEO of my company tweeted half the things AB has he'd be gone in a heartbeat. IMO that means not taking a risk on AB, and taking a stand on being a decent human being. AB has had chances and he's blown them IMO.

Whatever man. You conveniently left out Rison’s 128 mph speeding ticket and unloading a clip of a handgun in a store parking lot. Real safe dude bruh. Yeah. Whatever.

He was as Fucken reckless as they come.

The community of Green Bay was in amazing hands!!!!!

LOL. I needed a good laugh today!!!

GB-Brandon
07-18-2020, 03:30 PM
Let’s be very clear here too. AB would be in the “Community” for probably 7 months tops. “1 year Deal” and I doubt he would stick around after we hoist a Lombardi in Feb. You lay out a strict regiment and guidelines for those 7 months or you send him packin. That simple.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2020, 09:11 AM
Troy Aikman owned the Packers at one point too. All flesh is grass. Kap’s time as a serviceable NFL clipboard holder are long gone.

Blaine Gabbert.

L

O

L

Handsome Blaine Gabbert starting over Kap had more to do with Chip Kelly’s incompetence than Kap’s game. Kelly made Mike Sherman look like Belichick. Ain’t a coincidence that Kelly is no longer in the NFL.

You mock Kap’s inaccuracy. Well, the NFL welcomed back, with open arms, a CONVICTED felon who was even more inaccurate than Kap. Talkin’ about the hapless Mike Vick.

No doubt Vick was unjustly incarcerated. Man has been exploiting inferior species since he grew a brain and became self-aware. And who the fuck has never gambled across state lines? That said, compared to Vick, Kap is a saint. And while Vick was electrifying, Kap has more Kung Fu than Vick had in his prime.

No doubt Kap is being blackballed.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-19-2020, 09:16 AM
I am a nut case. Reckless, dangerous, impulsive. The whole 9 yards. But I'm also fiercely loyal, warm to my people, consistently supportive to my family and honest.

Not every psycho is a bad person. We just like fire and fighting and driving fast. Doesn't mean we're not good, loyal, committed people. Just have some rough edges and are prone to excitement and risk.

It's kinda like a wolf vs a dog. A wolf will rip your face off if you're not his teammate. A wolf will do some dangerous ass shit. A dog is docile, obedient, and likes everyone (vs a wolf only liking his pack)

Wolves aren't bad, just different than dogs. Brown is a wolf. He has the blood of the ancients pumping through his veins, not a domesticated dog.

A very eloquent argument. :)

mraynrand
07-19-2020, 10:15 AM
Handsome Blaine Gabbert starting over Kap had more to do with Chip Kelly’s incompetence than Kap’s game..

You are passionate Mozart, but you do not....persuade.

GB-Brandon
07-19-2020, 10:16 AM
I never had an-issue with Kap expressing his right to protest but the fact is he regressed as a QB and did not develop accordingly. His delivery was that of a wind up doll. He clearly did not develop accordingly reading the entire field effectively either. He was playing at a “Back Up QB Level” at best and then when you added the sensitive issue of his way of protesting teams just didn’t want to deal with it and all the distractions. If Aaron Rodgers kneeled he would still be in the league.

End of story.

GB-Brandon
07-19-2020, 10:22 AM
Marcus Peter’s Kneeled all over the place and he is still in the league.

Kap was even in the perfect city to be able to to kneel and lead his protest(San Fran) and still wasn’t good enough.

If he balled out on the field he could of “kneeled” all the way to the Super Bowl.

bobblehead
07-20-2020, 12:22 AM
What it really comes down too is if you believe you have a plan in place and a locker room to handle the player and situation. The “Walrus” was up to the task at handling Rison and the Packers were masterful at pulling it off and making it work with Rison in route to winning a Super Bowl.

As much as I believe Brown could help this team I’m not sure Flower Boy is capable of pulling it off. To me he is weak. He can’t even stand up to Mike Pettine. How is he gonna stand up to Antonio Brown. Probably won’t work.

On the other hand I can see where a guy like Pete Carroll could handle Brown which is probably why the Seahawks are trying to sign him.

I'm a little confused. He can be had for the league minimum with an easy out (walmart price) but the seahawks are TRYING to sign him? Whats up, they can't afford a minimum contract?

bobblehead
07-20-2020, 12:26 AM

Your more T.O. He was pretty loyal and an insanely hard worker. Brown is more the guy who is selfish and when his friends try to get him out of self destructive scenarios he turns on them.

sharpe1027
07-20-2020, 01:24 AM
This isn’t “Trolling” and many Packer fans feel the same way I do. Not to mention several media outlets, players and former players etc etc. If people wanna hide in a little bubble then fine. Im not making up anything or talking about anything that isn’t being talked about in several other places or platforms. Geez.
It's living in a bubble when someone thinks you're a bit dramatic and sky-is-falling for their liking. That also makes them die hards and homers. Got it.

mraynrand
07-20-2020, 06:36 AM
If he balled out on the field he could of “kneeled” all the way to the Super Bowl.

Yup

run pMc
07-20-2020, 07:41 AM
AB + GB = SB? Got it. Pretty simplistic and ignores a lot of variables.

The Raiders cut him before he played a game and the Patriots cut him after one game. If Belichick and Gruden cut him, what makes anyone think he'd play nice for MLF? Why would he sign a minimum contract? Assuming he signed for more, how much and what does that do for extending Bahk, Clark, Jones, etc.?

Then there's the issue of league discipline the minute he signs with a team. Oh and let's not forget the legal issues that could land him in prison for a long time.

I could go on... but I've fed the trolls enough.

mraynrand
07-20-2020, 07:59 AM
The Patsies moving through their “troubled receiver” Rolodex last year was truly a thing to behold. I would imagine any other front office observing it wouldn’t want to use that as a model. APRH, Packers will be content with the guys they acquired. If internal guys don’t improve and Funchess doesn’t recover his top form, they are in trouble.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-20-2020, 08:50 AM
Marcus Peter’s Kneeled all over the place and he is still in the league.

Kap was even in the perfect city to be able to to kneel and lead his protest(San Fran) and still wasn’t good enough.

Let’s name all the wankers who started NFL games at QB during the past 3 seasons. I’ll start: Brett Hundley, the same Hun who led the Packers to the playoffs with an extraordinary 1800/60%/9TDs/12Picks stat line.

You’d rather start Hundley over Kap? Kap threw 16 TDs to only 4 picks in 12 games for a shitty Ninners team prior to being blackballed by the pig owners. Kap still has game.

GB-Brandon
07-20-2020, 09:36 AM
I'm a little confused. He can be had for the league minimum with an easy out (walmart price) but the seahawks are TRYING to sign him? Whats up, they can't afford a minimum contract?

I apparently didn’t word that correctly. My bad. They are “Entertaining” signing him. Russell Wilson has publicly said he wants the Seahawks to sign him as has Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay said the same. Lamar Jackson(league MVP) has also said he wants him. Funny how some say he is such a “chemistry issue” when two HOF QB’s want him along with the 2019 league MVP.

Nobody wants any of our WR’s other then Adams. Most probably wouldn’t even make an NFL roster outside of the Packers. Lol

mraynrand
07-20-2020, 09:37 AM
Let’s name all the wankers who started NFL games at QB during the past 3 seasons. I’ll start: Brett Hundley, the same Hun who led the Packers to the playoffs with an extraordinary 1800/60%/9TDs/12Picks stat line.

You’d rather start Hundley over Kap? Kap threw 16 TDs to only 4 picks in 12 games for a shitty Ninners team prior to being blackballed by the pig owners. Kap still has game.

The correct formula is: Kap(ability) - Kap(distractions) = Kap(value). If Kap(value) is less than QB-X(value), then you go with QB-X.

GB-Brandon
07-20-2020, 09:49 AM
AB + GB = SB? Got it. Pretty simplistic and ignores a lot of variables.

The Raiders cut him before he played a game and the Patriots cut him after one game. If Belichick and Gruden cut him, what makes anyone think he'd play nice for MLF? Why would he sign a minimum contract? Assuming he signed for more, how much and what does that do for extending Bahk, Clark, Jones, etc.?

Then there's the issue of league discipline the minute he signs with a team. Oh and let's not forget the legal issues that could land him in prison for a long time.

I could go on... but I've fed the trolls enough.

Have you not read anything I’ve posted regarding this? We’re taking about a 1 years deal here around maybe 4-5 million with little guaranteed. A deal similar to the M. Wilkerson deal with incentives. The Packers could easily afford it. If they wanted to they could cut Lane Taylor. Brown gives the Packers a better shot to be great then Taylor any day of the week.

I also don’t care about 2019. We’re taking about 2020. The Packers need to assess where Brown is mentally at in 2020. I have said multiple times “IF” Brown has made “Progress” and is “Stable” with “Documented Reports” then “Why Not Take A Shot”? What the fuck do the Packers really have to lose? The Packers have already pissed off Rodgers and have one of the worse receiving corps in the league. I really don’t see what the big deal is. If Brown comes in and regresses then cut ties and let him go with little loss.

At least you took a shot at it. Right now you don’t have a chance in hell.

“Buy Low & Sell High”

GB-Brandon
07-20-2020, 10:46 AM

Yes, we can cherry pick situations where Kap might of been a better option but once again Kap’s “Playing Ability” didn’t equal his passion for his belief in the social issues he and the movement he believed in towards the end.

GM’s and coaches and organizations just didn’t want the daily distraction for a QB that most likely was a back up. His production on the field wasn’t worth it.

While I believe Kap has the right to express his right too protest. The NFL has the same right to evaluate players based on talent and other intangibles and keep the best players that they think will help their football team win and are best for their franchise.

Personally, I think Kap overestimated “How Good” he was and did not not develop accordingly. He played on some loaded teams with the Niners and was able to get by on athletic ability alone on those teams. He needed to develop his game and it didn’t happen. You look at those duels between him and R.Wilson back in the day and they were pretty equal. Wilson worked hard and got better and developed and passed Kap. It appears Kap’s passion took him in a different direction and the rest is history so I really don’t buy into this whole thing that Kap got “Black Balled”. Kap’s passion took him into a different direction.

bobblehead
07-20-2020, 11:04 AM
I apparently didn’t word that correctly. My bad. They are “Entertaining” signing him. Russell Wilson has publicly said he wants the Seahawks to sign him as has Tom Brady of the Tampa Bay said the same. Lamar Jackson(league MVP) has also said he wants him. Funny how some say he is such a “chemistry issue” when two HOF QB’s want him along with the 2019 league MVP.

Nobody wants any of our WR’s other then Adams. Most probably wouldn’t even make an NFL roster outside of the Packers. Lol

I'm not shocked that some QBs are lobbying for an incredibly talented WR. They don't have to consider things like the 100 meetings he was late to in Pitt and what that did to younger players attitudes towards rules. They are thinking about one thing. He can get open and make me look better. They are QBs not geniuses.

GB-Brandon
07-20-2020, 11:21 AM
I'm not shocked that some QBs are lobbying for an incredibly talented WR. They don't have to consider things like the 100 meetings he was late to in Pitt and what that did to younger players attitudes towards rules. They are thinking about one thing. He can get open and make me look better. They are QBs not geniuses.

Right and we have a 36 YO QB dealing with Father Time. We have one of the worst receiving corps in the league. We have a team coming off a 13-3 season that lacked explosive plays. We did next to nothing to address this. We might even have a disgruntled QB after going the other direction and drafting his replacement in 1st round. Brown and Devante would immediately give us the best 1-2 punch in the entire NFL!!!!

Brown would be cheap and require little guaranteed $. No draft pick would be sacrificed. There is almost zero risk regarding this move. Packers could cut bait at any time.

What the fuck is Gute waiting for? Maybe just waiting to see if we have a season for sure? It’s a no brainer.

GB-Brandon
07-20-2020, 11:31 AM

Also, Tom Brady and RW3 have also won “Super Bowls” so they know about “Winning”!!!!!!!

Once again Andre Rison never “Went to Practice” and “We Won A Super Bowl With Him”

Was it too hard for you to celebrate that Super Bowl Win? Could you not handle it cause Rison missed a few practices? LOL

We’re you Crying in the corner when Rison caught a pivotal TD in the Super Bowl? Geez!!!!

sharpe1027
07-20-2020, 01:14 PM
Also, Tom Brady and RW3 have also won “Super Bowls” so they know about “Winning”!!!!!!!

Once again Andre Rison never “Went to Practice” and “We Won A Super Bowl With Him”

Was it too hard for you to celebrate that Super Bowl Win? Could you not handle it cause Rison missed a few practices? LOL

We’re you Crying in the corner when Rison caught a pivotal TD in the Super Bowl? Geez!!!!

This is such a grade school argument to make. Pointing out the risk in a move doesn't preclude someone from celebrating the success of the team.

GB-Brandon
07-20-2020, 05:27 PM
This is such a grade school argument to make. Pointing out the risk in a move doesn't preclude someone from celebrating the success of the team.

The same people that bitch the Packers shouldn’t sign Brown would be thanking the football gods if the Packers signed him and things worked out well and calling Gute a genius cheering Brown on the whole way.

And people magnifying that Brown would come into Green Bay and single handedly destroy the community and put all females on watch while also destroying the Packer locker room is kind of an extremist view as well and goes along with “Media Pandering”.

Also can we please stop this “Green Bay Community Thing” like it’s some Oasis where there is no crime and it’s some sort of Utopia. I live on the West side close to the stadium and crime is up with even shootings. The East side is less then desirable so I don’t know why and how people are hyping this big community thing like it’s some huge safety zone. Sure, it’s better then most cities but it has its equal share of problems.

Antonio Brown coming to Green Bay isn’t gonna turn the city upside down. LOL!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-20-2020, 06:10 PM
This is about building a Championship Football Team within the guidelines of the leagues parameters. Somehow the Packers have added additional parameters that make it almost impossible to achieve the ultimate goal.

sharpe1027
07-20-2020, 06:37 PM
The same people that bitch the Packers shouldn’t sign Brown would be thanking the football gods if the Packers signed him and things worked out well and calling Gute a genius cheering Brown on the whole way.

And people magnifying that Brown would come into Green Bay and single handedly destroy the community and put all females on watch while also destroying the Packer locker room is kind of an extremist view as well and goes along with “Media Pandering”.

Also can we please stop this “Green Bay Community Thing” like it’s some Oasis where there is no crime and it’s some sort of Utopia. I live on the West side close to the stadium and crime is up with even shootings. The East side is less then desirable so I don’t know why and how people are hyping this big community thing like it’s some huge safety zone. Sure, it’s better then most cities but it has its equal share of problems.

Antonio Brown coming to Green Bay isn’t gonna turn the city upside down. LOL!!!!

You keep creating this false narrative about what people are posting. The individuals posting here are just that, individuals. They are not this image in your head about the general Packers fan base.

On Antonio Brown, you're being over dramatic about other's opinions and statements. IMHO, that's a pretty immature way to operate.

Bretsky
07-20-2020, 07:31 PM
I consider Gute to be an absolutely failure so far in terms of building a receiving group around AROD

If I were Gute I'd be calling every team in the NFL seeing with WR's might be available

But I wouldn't sign the chemistry cancer in A. B.

sharpe1027
07-20-2020, 08:52 PM
I consider Gute to be an absolutely failure so far in terms of building a receiving group around AROD

If I were Gute I'd be calling every team in the NFL seeing with WR's might be available

Yeah. They burned a lot of cap on Graham and that was a bust. I'm glad they spread the FA spend around, though, and didn't just focus on the receiving group. They hit on several other FAs.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 09:33 AM
]I consider Gute to be an absolutely failure so far in terms of building a receiving group around AROD[/B]

What Gute is doing is very similar to what Thompson did when he ignored the safety problem and the ILB problem. He is showing the same level of stubbornness. Every scouting/ranking source or talking head has the Packer receiving group ranked near the bottom of the league yet somehow I’m overdoing it on some “False Narrative”. This is not what you want to see from a team coming off a 13-3 season with a 36 year old franchise QB.

I just can’t lead myself to believe Gute is some genius with the collection of crap he has assembled.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 10:24 AM
And here is even more proof of how much the Packers have FAILED Rodgers!!!

http://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/1285318332649033728

I really don’t know what more this man could of done for the Packers.

Freak Out
07-21-2020, 11:48 AM
A physically and mentally healthy Antonio Brown would be a hot commodity in the NFL.

sharpe1027
07-21-2020, 12:00 PM
What Gute is doing is very similar to what Thompson did when he ignored the safety problem and the ILB problem. He is showing the same level of stubbornness. Every scouting/ranking source or talking head has the Packer receiving group ranked near the bottom of the league yet somehow I’m overdoing it on some “False Narrative”. This is not what you want to see from a team coming off a 13-3 season with a 36 year old franchise QB.

I just can’t lead myself to believe Gute is some genius with the collection of crap he has assembled.

Your false narrative is when you try to restate views of others in such extreme terms to supposedly show how smart you are and how stupid and deluded they are. For example, someone pointing out that there risk in signing AB somehow gets morphed into a belief that Green Bay is a Utopian Oasis of perfection. That's a failure to listen and comprehend and Internet trolling 101.

RashanGary
07-21-2020, 12:13 PM
Your false narrative is when you try to restate views of others in such extreme terms to supposedly show how smart you are and how stupid and deluded they are. For example, someone pointing out that there risk in signing AB somehow gets morphed into a belief that Green Bay is a Utopian Oasis of perfection. That's a failure to listen and comprehend and Internet trolling 101.

Yep and then accuse other people of doing it while he does it :lol:

RashanGary
07-21-2020, 12:18 PM
New England
Pittsburgh
Green Bay

I'd say those are the three most successful nfl teams of the last few decades, Philly is always pretty good. The giants have had quite a bit of success..... Seahawks, Ravens......

It's hard to look at the 32 teams and not think of the Packers as one of the best During the Mark Murphy/TT and now Gute era here.

Not a utopia, just one of the most successful teams in the league if wins, championships and post season wins are the measure of success.

RashanGary
07-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Most wins since 1990. 16 years of Harlan, 14 years of Murphy.

NE 293
Pit 290
GB 277
Dal 271
Den 269
Phily 261
Ind 256
KC 256
Min 250
SF 248

It hasn't been a bad run since 1990. Even since Murphy took over it's been a good run. Even last year at 14-3 was a good year.

It's just not as bad as fans.make it seem for packers football.

run pMc
07-21-2020, 02:11 PM
A physically and mentally healthy Antonio Brown would be a hot commodity in the NFL.

Agree. If he also didn't have the pending legal issues hanging over his head as well, he'd absolutely be a hot commodity. He got fat contracts from OAK and NE last year.
I don't think he has many years left, but I do think he has 1-2 very good ones if paired with a decent QB. Trouble is he's not healthy, and his off-field behavior has him looking at a suspension from the league at a minimum and prison time at worst.

With all the WRs drafted, I'd think Gute can find a cheaper, saner WR that can produce 75% of AB on the cutdowns if he had to. They might already have done that with Funchess and Begelton. Nobody knows yet.

GB overachieved last year. They still have roster building to do. Rodgers and Adams and Jones gives them some dangerous pieces but they aren't a lock to win the division much less the Super Bowl. Acting like they are one player away from dominating the league is folly. They have been lucky to have great players at the QB spot, and usually good enough drafting/coaching to help. TT had some stinker drafts which have hurt their talent, especially some of his later drafts (that 2015 draft, ouch) but overall the Wolf/TT tenures were very good and Gute is good so far but still early.
Need to see what the team is like in 1-2 more years and if his picks become the backbone of the roster.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 02:31 PM
Most wins since 1990. 16 years of Harlan, 14 years of Murphy.

NE 293
Pit 290
GB 277
Dal 271
Den 269
Phily 261
Ind 256
KC 256
Min 250
SF 248

It hasn't been a bad run since 1990. Even since Murphy took over it's been a good run. Even last year at 14-3 was a good year.

It's just not as bad as fans.make it seem for packers football.

Which once again was the whole purpose of this thread was to put it into context of the failure to provide Rodgers adequately with the correct pieces and the failure to do so thus making the run more of a failure then anything. It was a wasted run more then anything but you can tell yourself whatever you want I suppose.

This is the exact trivial bullshit I’m talking about and then I will get painted into a corner of “False Narative” for pointing it out. LOL. It’s rather comical.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 02:43 PM
Agree. If he also didn't have the pending legal issues hanging over his head as well, he'd absolutely be a hot commodity. He got fat contracts from OAK and NE last year.
I don't think he has many years left, but I do think he has 1-2 very good ones if paired with a decent QB. Trouble is he's not healthy, and his off-field behavior has him looking at a suspension from the league at a minimum and prison time at worst.

With all the WRs drafted, I'd think Gute can find a cheaper, saner WR that can produce 75% of AB on the cutdowns if he had to. They might already have done that with Funchess and Begelton. Nobody knows yet.

GB overachieved last year. They still have roster building to do. Rodgers and Adams and Jones gives them some dangerous pieces but they aren't a lock to win the division much less the Super Bowl. Acting like they are one player away from dominating the league is folly. They have been lucky to have great players at the QB spot, and usually good enough drafting/coaching to help. TT had some stinker drafts which have hurt their talent, especially some of his later drafts (that 2015 draft, ouch) but overall the Wolf/TT tenures were very good and Gute is good so far but still early.
Need to see what the team is like in 1-2 more years and if his picks become the backbone of the roster.

AB not healthy? Prison Time? LOL.. You have been reading too much TMZ

As far as Gute I have already seen enough. Gary isn’t a football player. Either is Burks. Either is a lot a lot of these guys he has drafted. All he does is look at an RAS board. He isn’t anything special. Thompson was much better(In his prime)

Lowry was a mistake. He did hit home runs on the Smiths and Amos was a sold signing. He has completely ignored immediate needs. Funches and Bagelton? That seem like a reach to me on a team that was one game away.

He allowed incompetence at the DC position.

With all that his tenure is pretty much now hanging on the Jordan Love pick which I believe is gonna be a disaster from all my intel and research.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 02:55 PM
The Fucken Narrative is Simple. Aaron Rodgers is a Beast and a generational talented QB. He carried the Green Bay Packers the last decade while the front office was completely Fucken dysfunctional and couldn’t get their shit together to put the right pieces together around him to maximize the best years of his career. Because of this the Packers left multiple World Championships on the table leaving some of their fans in denial posting meaningless win totals to make themselves feel better.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 02:58 PM
It’s called “Title Town” not “Win Total Town”

My God.

mraynrand
07-21-2020, 03:07 PM
I really don’t know what more this man could of done for the Packers.

He could love them long time

mraynrand
07-21-2020, 03:17 PM
The Fucken Narrative is Simple. Aaron Rodgers is a Beast and a generational talented QB. He carried the Green Bay Packers the last decade while the front office was completely Fucken dysfunctional and couldn’t get their shit together to put the right pieces together around him to maximize the best years of his career. Because of this the Packers left multiple World Championships on the table leaving some of their fans in denial posting meaningless win totals to make themselves feel better.

I have never heard this take before just now. Not once, ever. This is a refreshingly original and important perspective. I am seeing the world through different eyes and am totally blown away. Thank you.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 03:58 PM
This draft other then Alexander is already looking like a complete turd!!! Once MVS and St Brown wash out it will be basically a D-

Round 1: CB Jaire Alexander. ...
Round 2: CB Josh Jackson. ...
Round 3: LB Oren Burks. ...
Round 4: WR J'Mon Moore. ...
Round 5: OL Cole Madison. ...
Round 5: P JK Scott. ...
Round 5: WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling. ...
Round 6: WR Equanimeous St.

mraynrand
07-21-2020, 04:00 PM
This draft other then Alexander is already looking like a complete turd!!! Once MVS and St Brown wash out it will be basically a D-

Round 1: CB Jaire Alexander. ...
Round 2: CB Josh Jackson. ...
Round 3: LB Oren Burks. ...
Round 4: WR J'Mon Moore. ...
Round 5: OL Cole Madison. ...
Round 5: P JK Scott. ...
Round 5: WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling. ...
Round 6: WR Equanimeous St.

How have things changed since you made this exact same post weeks ago?

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 04:06 PM
And now Gute basically gave the Packer faithful a massive tooth ache that they have to live with for the next 3-4 years with Jordan Love.

What a great guy!!!

RashanGary
07-21-2020, 04:30 PM
The sky isn't falling, Brandon. The packers have a long history of success and are committed to winning as evident by the indesputible success of the last three decades.

It's going to be better than you think

RashanGary
07-21-2020, 04:33 PM
MVS was on gmf. He said Rodgers is great and not going anywhere. The Packers just don't pass up great talents so they had to take a great one there.

It's not a conspiracy to remove Rodgers. It's a commitment to drafting elite talent

sharpe1027
07-21-2020, 06:22 PM
And now Gute basically gave the Packer faithful a massive tooth ache that they have to live with for the next 3-4 years with Jordan Love.

What a great guy!!!

The suicide hotline is always there for you.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 07:54 PM
MVS was on gmf. He said Rodgers is great and not going anywhere. The Packers just don't pass up great talents so they had to take a great one there.

It's not a conspiracy to remove Rodgers. It's a commitment to drafting elite talent

I’m so tired of MVS running his mouth like he is in the know. MVS says this and MVS says that. Maybe MVS should spend more of his Fucken time learning how to actually run a route and catch a football. This has just gotten so ridiculous.

He is not even a lock to make the team this year.

GB-Brandon
07-21-2020, 08:24 PM
The suicide hotline is always there for you.

Like I said from the beginning it’s Cute and Exciting now but when reality strikes it will resemble nothing of this!!!!

1-2 more “Extreme Mistakes” by this front office and the coffin will be slammed shut for awhile. Most of this fan base has zero clue of the pain coming.

mraynrand
07-21-2020, 09:39 PM
More PBmax less GBbra.

sharpe1027
07-22-2020, 06:49 AM
Like I said from the beginning it’s Cute and Exciting now but when reality strikes it will resemble nothing of this!!!!

1-2 more “Extreme Mistakes” by this front office and the coffin will be slammed shut for awhile. Most of this fan base has zero clue of the pain coming.

You're so smart. Thanks for sharing.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-22-2020, 10:19 AM
German Shepherd shoulda drafted DK Matcalf instead of the fucking center.

mraynrand
07-22-2020, 10:51 AM

fresh

GB-Brandon
07-22-2020, 12:02 PM

Jenkins wasn’t a bad pick. There was just so much ammunition used on Gary and Savage. Jackson was major reach. He overspent on Burks. Then overspent on JL this year. Between all that overspending we should have two higher quality receivers/playmakers or at least one top shelf one then we have now.

The players were there.

mraynrand
07-22-2020, 12:15 PM
Jenkins wasn’t a bad pick. There was just so much ammunition used on Gary and Savage. Jackson was major reach. He overspent on Burks. Then overspent on JL this year. Between all that overspending we should have two higher quality receivers/playmakers or at least one top shelf one then we have now.

The players were there.

"GM misses on draft picks" Fan wants a higher percentage of immediate success. Stop the presses.

GB-Brandon
07-22-2020, 12:28 PM
"GM misses on draft picks" Fan wants a higher percentage of immediate success. Stop the presses.

Not really. The bar I was at in Green Bay emptied with unhappy fans after Gary was picked. Most were in disbelief. A lot of fans did think the Jackson pick was good value so we’re on board with that.

Burks was not popular and Savage was mixed considering the cost.

Love was not overly popular.

Overall I would not classify Gute’s drafts especially early on in the drafts to be popular at all. Lots of controversy and head scratchers from fans to say the very least. This shit has not been popular by most fans or media or sports agencies or etc etc.

GB-Brandon
07-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Either Gute is Genius or a Total Fraud and we’re gonna find out soon enough cause none of this shit makes any sense.

GB-Brandon
07-22-2020, 12:38 PM
Let’s just put my wide receiver pipe dream aside for a minute. Gute not only ignored that but he ignored having the best chance possible at getting a stud ILB for Pettine’s flawed defense or a playmate to go alongside Kenny Clark or even a trying to find a fixture at RT to replace Bryan Bulaga.

Nope!!!! Forget about a “3-4 year Super Bowl Run” Gute “The Genius” went out and got “The Next Patrick Mahommes”. Lol. MVS says so. LOL. This is gonna be amazing!!!

GB-Brandon
07-22-2020, 02:24 PM
I really wish I could post “Better Stuff”. Please, everyone trust me on this. I’m not trying to be a “Doom and Gloomer here. I really hope I am wrong about a lot of these guys but to me it just doesn’t look good or add up as far as being a “Super Bowl Contending Team” or “Franchise”.

Yes, I expect an Aaron Rodgers led team with a competent running attack and a good pass rush with a solid back end to compete for the NFC North but that is about as far as it goes. Far too many holes when you get deeper into it and if injuries become an issue things could go south quickly. My main concerns remain WR, RT, ILB, DT and potentially Corner.

As far as I’m concerned these have not been addressed adequately which is a giant fail coming off a 13-3 season. It is what it is.

GB-Brandon
07-22-2020, 05:51 PM
It’s just not all adding up.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

sharpe1027
07-22-2020, 05:57 PM
Either Gute is Genius or a Total Fraud and we’re gonna find out soon enough cause none of this shit makes any sense.

To you.

wist43
07-22-2020, 06:49 PM

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-linebacker-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

The Packers haven't given a shit about LB for at least 20 years - certainly since TT arrived.

Ranking them 28th is fairly optimistic.

If this were a normal year Burks wouldn't even make the team, but b/c of all the happenstance, he likely sticks for another year. He's probably the worst football player in the League.

falco
07-22-2020, 08:25 PM
The Packers haven't given a shit about LB for at least 20 years - certainly since TT arrived.

Ranking them 28th is fairly optimistic.

If this were a normal year Burks wouldn't even make the team, but b/c of all the happenstance, he likely sticks for another year. He's probably the worst football player in the League.

do y'all remember how wist was saying this shit back in 2008ish and then mysteriously disappeared for a year or two around...hmm...like 2011? I do

wist43
07-22-2020, 08:36 PM
do y'all remember how wist was saying this shit back in 2008ish and then mysteriously disappeared for a year or two around...hmm...like 2011? I do

You mean when I was sick?? Lol... not much mystery about it.

FYI, Superbowl Sunday when we beat the Steelers?? I was sick as fuck... went in the hospital the next day. I've taken a few leaves of absence... it's called life.

By all means however, next time I fall ill, I'll check with you to get a diagnosis ;)

falco
07-22-2020, 08:41 PM
You mean when I was sick?? Lol... not much mystery about it.

FYI, Superbowl Sunday when we beat the Steelers?? I was sick as fuck... went in the hospital the next day. I've taken a few leaves of absence... it's called life.

By all means however, next time I fall ill, I'll check with you to get a diagnosis ;)

no worries, quite sure my permission is not a pre-requisite for your bloviating

mraynrand
07-22-2020, 08:56 PM
I really wish I could post “Better Stuff”. Please, everyone trust me on this. I’m not trying to be a “Doom and Gloomer here. I really hope I am wrong about a lot of these guys but to me it just doesn’t look good or add up as far as being a “Super Bowl Contending Team” or “Franchise”.

Yes, I expect an Aaron Rodgers led team with a competent running attack and a good pass rush with a solid back end to compete for the NFC North but that is about as far as it goes. Far too many holes when you get deeper into it and if injuries become an issue things could go south quickly. My main concerns remain WR, RT, ILB, DT and potentially Corner.

As far as I’m concerned these have not been addressed adequately which is a giant fail coming off a 13-3 season. It is what it is.

Summer re-run season seems exceptionally long.

wist43
07-22-2020, 09:00 PM
no worries, quite sure my permission is not a pre-requisite for your bloviating

Come on over to FYI... as Hannibal Lecter said, "... thrall me with your acumen".

GB-Brandon
07-23-2020, 11:30 AM
I could go on and on!!!!

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/rick-wagner/7950

No more comfort zone at RT. No more ability to neutralize Mr. Khalil Mack. These not so subtle things are adding up not in our favor.

“Snap, Crackle, Pop”

What really hurts is other then Adams is we have nobody that can win one on one off the LOS. Pure Sabotage!!!

bobblehead
07-23-2020, 12:36 PM

First 2 teams on that list we ran roughshod over, so.....

GB-Brandon
07-23-2020, 12:52 PM
First 2 teams on that list we ran roughshod over, so.....

The Seahawks have the worse DL in the NFL and aren’t a serious contender anymore IMO. There gonna try to do it with offensive firepower. The Packers did a great job against Cowboys but so did the rest of the league mostly. We’ll see if MM can get those guys playing better. Lot’s of talent to work with.

The Packers are gonna need to hope Clark and Kirksey can stay healthy along with someone else stepping up on the DL.

GB-Brandon
07-23-2020, 01:03 PM
It’s looking like I won’t be able to be at Training camp which is huge bummer to give reports of what is going on. Gonna be a very weird pre-season. Not sure how the fringe guys are even gonna have a shot to make the team.

mraynrand
07-23-2020, 02:08 PM
I could go on and on!!!!!

You do!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
07-23-2020, 03:10 PM
After carefully going over the rosters in our division the Bears should be our biggest problem. If They can get competent QB play from Foles they are gonna be a force. The Packers offense has some potential match up problems against the Bears defense which could prove to be costly. One again Gute dropped the ball here to put us in the best position to beat a division rival.

Minnesota has a lot of turnover and a re-Shuffle going on. Competitive but Zimmer has a mini rebuild going on here.

Detroit has talent and could be tricky. They have been a tough out for the Packers recently. If they can come out of the gate fast they could be a problem. There draft was amazing and they did themselves well in free agency. They might of passed the Packers.

RashanGary
07-23-2020, 03:21 PM
Chicago could be a contender. I agree. 11-5ish and possibly better

Detroit has glaring holes up front. That's impossible to compensate for. 6-10ish

Minnesota has too many young players on defense. 8-8ish

Packers look 12-4ish

RashanGary
07-23-2020, 03:22 PM
Bears games gonna be huge!

bobblehead
07-26-2020, 09:46 AM
The Seahawks have the worse DL in the NFL and aren’t a serious contender anymore IMO. There gonna try to do it with offensive firepower. The Packers did a great job against Cowboys but so did the rest of the league mostly. We’ll see if MM can get those guys playing better. Lot’s of talent to work with.

The Packers are gonna need to hope Clark and Kirksey can stay healthy along with someone else stepping up on the DL.

Its almost like its impossible to have all pro at every position group...weird.

bobblehead
07-26-2020, 09:53 AM
After carefully going over the rosters in our division the Bears should be our biggest problem. If They can get competent QB play from Foles they are gonna be a force. The Packers offense has some potential match up problems against the Bears defense which could prove to be costly. One again Gute dropped the ball here to put us in the best position to beat a division rival.

Minnesota has a lot of turnover and a re-Shuffle going on. Competitive but Zimmer has a mini rebuild going on here.

Detroit has talent and could be tricky. They have been a tough out for the Packers recently. If they can come out of the gate fast they could be a problem. There draft was amazing and they did themselves well in free agency. They might of passed the Packers.

Clearly after going 6-0 in division last year we have been betrayed and are in a bad position within that same division.

texaspackerbacker
07-26-2020, 10:28 AM
All this talk about the Bears ...... sheeeesh. Didn't they lose some strength on D? Their RBs are nowhere near as good as the Packers; Their receivers are at best no better - I would say distinctly worse than the Packers. Their O Line may be ok, but I don't recall it was all that special. What it boils down to, I think, is that a lot of ya'all just hated and disrespected Trubisky. I did not, and I really think if Foles or whoever stays healthy and plays at the peak of his ability, he will be no better and probably worse than Trubisky.

GB-Brandon
07-26-2020, 12:55 PM
I refuse to continue to talk in circles with some of you. Yes, the Packers have a chance just like all 32 teams do. If people can’t be honest about the Packers weaknesses then that’s on them. I never said it was realistic to have an “All-Pro at every position”

What I have Fucken said is it is completely IGNORANT TO IGNORE IMMEDIATE NEEDS and jump off the reservation to draft uber talented players that lack a clear vision to help a 13-3 team with a CLOSING WINDOW TO WIN NOW!!!!!! In fact it’s INSANE!!

Both the Gary Pick and the Love pick could of been used to help push this team OVER THE TOP!!!

When it’s Over then it’s Over and it’s about over so this whole narrative is about to change and become very real. Gute Fuck is giant fucken Jack Ass. He ruined any chance for a final 2-3 run. His ego might be even worse then Thompson’s.

GB-Brandon
07-26-2020, 01:02 PM
The Seahawks went out and and made a “Power Move” and got Jamal Adams. Now I’m not saying we gotta get that aggressive but We can’t even go out and get a legit No.2 Receiver.

It’s just INSANiTY!!!

GB-Brandon
07-26-2020, 01:04 PM
I’d rather have Jamal Adams then Fucken Worthless Rashan Gary and the Hype Machine Jordan Love.

mraynrand
07-26-2020, 01:44 PM
I refuse to continue to talk in circles with some of you.

All evidence to the contrary!

We understand your central thesis. Got it months ago the first time you posted it. Have to wait for real football to see if you’re right.

GB-Brandon
07-26-2020, 01:54 PM
All evidence to the contrary!

We understand your central thesis. Got it months ago the first time you posted it. Have to wait for real football to see if you’re right.

Yet you don’t say anything when other post the “Same Thesis” over and over. At least my thesis is supported with links and documentation and supporting evidence with similar views.

But yes we will have to wait to see how it plays out. I hate being right about such matters.

mraynrand
07-26-2020, 02:05 PM
Yet you don’t say anything when other post the “Same Thesis” over and over. At least my thesis is supported with links and documentation and supporting evidence with similar views.

But yes we will have to wait to see how it plays out. I hate being right about such matters.

You’re just a bit more repetitive. It’s OK. It’s the off-season. Not much to say until we see the guys run around tho.

GB-Brandon
07-26-2020, 03:00 PM
You’re just a bit more repetitive. It’s OK. It’s the off-season. Not much to say until we see the guys run around tho.

Yeah, there finally getting going.

GB-Brandon
07-26-2020, 03:07 PM
After thinking about it Jamal Adams would actually be the missing piece in this Gizmo Pettine Scheme. Him and one more solid DL and we’d be punching tickets.

Bretsky
07-26-2020, 05:24 PM
After thinking about it Jamal Adams would actually be the missing piece in this Gizmo Pettine Scheme. Him and one more solid DL and we’d be punching tickets.

KUDOS TO SEATTLE
Win now
They needed help on D and found some

sharpe1027
07-26-2020, 10:29 PM

I can't wait for something of substance to happen so I can read something different. There's just not enough that's happened since the draft to justify more than a few posts. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

sharpe1027
07-26-2020, 10:31 PM
KUDOS TO SEATTLE
Win now
They needed help on D and found some

We'll see. Will we judge them by the same metric as many complaining about the Packers, Superbowl or it was a failure?

GB-Brandon
07-27-2020, 11:44 AM
Gute is a PUNK!!!

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1287417909858439170?s=21

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 02:18 PM
Rodgers appears to see clearly that “The writing is on the wall” as he should!!!

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1288166822404132865

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rodgers just kick it into auto pilot with the little help Gute has given him and allow him to preserve his career for a real shot to win a Super Bowl later.

Who could really blame him.

call_me_ishmael
07-28-2020, 03:21 PM
Wow, you don't often here such candid remarks!

Upnorth
07-28-2020, 03:45 PM
I love his professional ism. He wont just go autopilot to let the gm have an easy decision. Love it.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 04:24 PM
The Packers broke Rodgers heart way more then Danica Patrick did so we’ll see. Seems to me the “Love”(no pun intended) might be lost. Rodgers mentally with this weird season along with real no commitment by Gute of any real support but same old same old could real easily have Rodgers with one foot out of here. I keep up bringing up Wagner at RT. He wasn’t good last year. If HEAT is consistently coming from that direction and protection breaking down I would not be surprised to see Rodgers not hang in there for us like days past.

I know that’s hard for some to believe but a lot of damage by Mr. Gute has been done here and he has done zero to even make it look good. Total Fail and it could get real messy.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 04:39 PM
There goes Funches.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/green-bay-packers/3b99508f-e1d9-4444-b7ca-77dd3c1e3cc5

mraynrand
07-28-2020, 04:51 PM
The Packers broke Rodgers heart way more then Danica Patrick did so we’ll see.

Proof?

Rutnstrut
07-28-2020, 05:04 PM
There goes Funches.

http://bleacherreport.com/post/green-bay-packers/3b99508f-e1d9-4444-b7ca-77dd3c1e3cc5

Not a shocker. He's one of those players that quit easy. There will be more with little to no drive that will use this excuse.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 05:14 PM
Not a shocker. He's one of those players that quit easy. There will be more with little to no drive that will use this excuse.

So basically it’s an “F” for Gute as this was his big signing and only move for building and fortifying the receiving Corp during the offseason.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 05:20 PM
Proof?

It’s pretty obvious from his demeanor and acceptance of the situation. There are words being said and certain walls talk. He was all about Wisconsin and Mr. Wisconsin to a degree. From Bucks games and visiting sick kids in the offseason he had a presence in the community year round. He had a plan and that was to play for a certain time and in Green Bay and retire a Packer. It’s pretty clear Gute has a different plan.

Further proof of how the Germans lost the War!!

mraynrand
07-28-2020, 05:27 PM
It’s pretty obvious from his demeanor and acceptance of the situation. There are words being said and certain walls talk. He was all about Wisconsin and Mr. Wisconsin to a degree. From Bucks games and visiting sick kids in the offseason he had a presence in the community year round. He had a plan and that was to play for a certain time and in Green Bay and retire a Packer. It’s pretty clear Gute has a different plan.

Further proof of how the Germans lost the War!!

No stats so it isn’t true.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 05:45 PM
No stats so it isn’t true.

Believe what you want. Sorry. That’s as far as I can go with it.

Watch it all play out. Either way.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 06:03 PM
Gute brings in a FA WR that doesn’t wanna play and a sloppy RT that can’t pass block that will get killed by K. Mack and then trade up to draft his big wonder boy Jordan Love to lead this new era by some little bitch boy coach Flower then let’s let Love boy get in there with this mediocre receiving Corp and sloppy edge protection on the right side. Let’s see Gute put his $ where his mouth is. Sick of this shit. Then you got Mike “The Fraud” Pettine leading some Gizmo defense that cant even stop the run after years of premium picks and millions of dollars have been invested.

I wouldn’t blame Rodgers a bit for tapping out. They haven’t done shit for him but hang him out to dry and the proof is in the pudding.

Yeah, we’re gonna run the ball and protect Rodgers. What a bunch of crap. They need to blow this whole thing up from Murphy on down and re-do this whole thing the right way.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 06:08 PM
Gute will be able to write a best selling book titled

“How To Destroy A Super Bowl Run”

By Brian Gutekunst

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 07:18 PM
The $ is Pouring in on Packers “Under 9 Wins” -139. A little too late to the party if you know what I mean.

Bretsky
07-28-2020, 08:35 PM
The Seahawks went out and and made a “Power Move” and got Jamal Adams. Now I’m not saying we gotta get that aggressive but We can’t even go out and get a legit No.2 Receiver.

It’s just INSANiTY!!!

Seattle is also failing to surround their QB with enough talent. They have Pete Carroll, who is a defensive coach who wants to run the ball a lot.

They have a couple legit WR's....one more than us.........with probably the 2nd best QB performance wise in the game right now.

And instead of stocking Russell with Hopkins they go after defense

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 08:58 PM
Seattle is also failing to surround their QB with enough talent. They have Pete Carroll, who is a defensive coach who wants to run the ball a lot.

They have a couple legit WR's....one more than us.........with probably the 2nd best QB performance wise in the game right now.

And instead of stocking Russell with Hopkins they go after defense

That’s a different discussion. Some have illustrated Wilson does better on a lower pitch count and when he gets into high volume passing numbers his interceptions and accuracy numbers go down where Rodgers maintains them a little better. Regardless, yes Wilson is a playing great. The Seahawks are considering signing Antonio Brown and have said they will sign Josh Gordon as soon as he comes off the exempt list so there is a difference. They drafted Metcalf in the second round last year so they are making attempts to help Wilson where Gute is doing absolutely NOTHING.

Big difference.

GB-Brandon
07-28-2020, 09:00 PM
Gute ran off all Rodgers favorite targets and ran to Walmart to replace them. End of story.

Adams being the only survivor.

Anti-Polar Bear
07-29-2020, 02:29 AM
There goes Funches.

Remember the time when I argued for the Packers to draft DK Metcalf? Uncool Pack fans made fun of moi.

To quote the Joker, who’s laughing now? lol!

mraynrand
07-29-2020, 06:50 AM
Remember the time when I argued for the Packers to draft DK Metcalf? Uncool Pack fans made fun of moi.

Joker is not playing this season due to Covid.

texaspackerbacker
07-29-2020, 06:52 AM
All the stupid shit posted in here not withstanding, the Packers will have a more than decent passing attack and a good running game. Having the still best QB in the league and an above average receiving corps (despite all the idiocy in here) plus excellence at RB will do that. And this comes from somebody who has never been all that thrilled with the O Line.

Anybody that doesn't like the Packers chances should bet against them - Vegas needs your money hahahaha - or pick against them. BTW, are we gonna have a Pick 'em Contest this year and/or a record prediction thread? - places where these negativist dumbasses can have their stupidity documented

Anti-Polar Bear
07-29-2020, 07:22 AM
Joker is not playing this season due to Covid.

What’s with all the opt-outs? According to you, Covid is harmless to anyone in the prime of her life. Active Futbol players are often in their primes.

NFL players are lazy, eh? Opt out, sit at home all day eating pizza and watching Netflix while collecting 6 figures. Meanwhile, I’m being forced to flip burgers for the minimum wage on a bad hip.

mraynrand
07-29-2020, 08:06 AM
What’s with all the opt-outs? According to you, Covid is harmless to anyone in the prime of her life. Active Futbol players are often in their primes.

NFL players are lazy, eh? Opt out, sit at home all day eating pizza and watching Netflix while collecting 6 figures. Meanwhile, I’m being forced to flip burgers for the minimum wage on a bad hip.

20% of millennials believe that they will die from Covid. I wonder why they believe that?

Packer WRs should tell defenders they have Covid. That will create separation!

GB-Brandon
07-29-2020, 09:49 AM

Yes, I completely understand. Most Packer fans have been laughing at me for the better part of three years now as I have been lobbying to draft or trade for a talented receiver..

Metcalf would of been a great selection as would of many others.

GB-Brandon
07-29-2020, 09:53 AM
All the stupid shit posted in here not withstanding, the Packers will have a more than decent passing attack and a good running game. Having the still best QB in the league and an above average receiving corps (despite all the idiocy in here) plus excellence at RB will do that. And this comes from somebody who has never been all that thrilled with the O Line.

Anybody that doesn't like the Packers chances should bet against them - Vegas needs your money hahahaha - or pick against them. BTW, are we gonna have a Pick 'em Contest this year and/or a record prediction thread? - places where these negativist dumbasses can have their stupidity documented

Well I did post that “Fast $” is coming in against the Packers as the under has moved down to 9 wins with most bettors running to the “Under” which has moved to -139. So basically you would need to bet the Packers to win less then 8 games to get decent odds.

So YES!!! The wise guys are “Betting Against The Packers” and this pathetic job Gute has done to reinforce last years success.

mraynrand
07-29-2020, 12:03 PM
Most Packer fans have been laughing at me for the better part of three years now as I have been lobbying to draft or trade for a talented receiver..

I am skeptical that anyone laughed at you for your view to upgrade the WR position.

GB-Brandon
07-29-2020, 01:02 PM
I am skeptical that anyone laughed at you for your view to upgrade the WR position.

Ive experienced a consistent attitude of resistance from many fans of upgrading the receiver position from just about every point of view you can imagine. I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

Now we’re finally at the final phase of the wheels falling off. It’s not a situation where I’m happy about it at all.

bobblehead
07-29-2020, 04:25 PM
Yes, I completely understand. Most Packer fans have been laughing at me for the better part of three years now as I have been lobbying to draft or trade for a talented receiver..

Metcalf would of been a great selection as would of many others.

But that's not WHY we have been laughing at you.

bobblehead
07-29-2020, 04:29 PM
Ive experienced a consistent attitude of resistance from many fans of upgrading the receiver position from just about every point of view you can imagine. I’ve never seen anything quite like it.

Now we’re finally at the final phase of the wheels falling off. It’s not a situation where I’m happy about it at all.

Not true. Most everyone here wanted to upgrade WR more than we did. Most of us wanted to draft a WR at 30. We are giving you attitude because of your obstinate petulant spoiled 8 year old routine towards anyone who points out that we still may be just fine on offense and the WR on the roster are functional and include a top 5 at his position player.