RashanGary
08-15-2020, 10:55 AM
4Y - 70M

Added to his 1Y - 8M

Total 5 years 78M

15.5M/year

RashanGary
08-15-2020, 10:59 AM
Clark, Z and P are a real solid 1-2-3 pass rush trio. A lot of teams have one player better but not many have three as good as these three.

GB-Brandon
08-15-2020, 11:19 AM
It needed to be done. Without Clark this whole defense falls apart.

RashanGary
08-15-2020, 11:24 AM
Any chance of being a top 10 unit would be gone for sure

Upnorth
08-15-2020, 11:53 AM
Worth every penny. Makes next year interesting cap wise.

texaspackerbacker
08-15-2020, 11:56 AM
I'm happy about this, but he better not drop off now for reason of injury or anything else.

bobblehead
08-15-2020, 12:41 PM
Clark, Z and P are a real solid 1-2-3 pass rush trio. A lot of teams have one player better but not many have three as good as these three.

Z was top pressure generator in NFL last season. Not many teams have even one better. Now, if we can stop the run we will have a D.

RashanGary
08-15-2020, 01:03 PM
Z was top pressure generator in NFL last season. Not many teams have even one better. Now, if we can stop the run we will have a D.

Z is a real good player, but I think Clark is the best defender we have.

And as far as better than Z, I like JJ Watt, Garrett, Donald, both Bosa’s and Mack better off the top of my head. And others. But three better than our top 3, not so much of that I'm seeing.

bobblehead
08-15-2020, 01:06 PM
Z is a real good player, but I think Clark is the best defender we have.

And as far as better than Z, I like JJ Watt, Garrett, Donald, both Bosa’s and Mack better off the top of my head. And others. But three better than our top 3, not so much of that I'm seeing.

Those are all great players, but Z had more pressures last year. He flat out took over games from the inside a few times. He is up there with them as a pin the ears back pass rusher.

RashanGary
08-15-2020, 03:15 PM
There is more to football than pressures. Like setting an edge as an edge defender is a decent start to rounding out your game.

GB-Brandon
08-15-2020, 07:28 PM
Without Clark none of it happens. Period!!!!

Anti-Polar Bear
08-15-2020, 11:59 PM
Clark has always been overrated. Now he’s overpaid. I know, the list is overrated, but the fat man didn’t even crack the NFL’s top 100 list. Peter Griffin could be signed off the streets of Baltimore and he’d be able to kung fu with the same clustersuck Clark does.

Shows up once in a fucking blue moon to inflate stats agains cupcakes. Impotent in big games, especially NFC Championship games. 285!!!

Shoulda extended Aaron Jones instead.

RashanGary
08-16-2020, 08:27 AM
Aaron Rodgers
Kenny Clark

Best two players on Packers.

RashanGary
08-16-2020, 08:28 AM
And Stud NT who pass rush.... There might be one of em in the NFL and we have him.

GB-Brandon
08-16-2020, 08:41 AM
Clark has always been overrated. Now he’s overpaid. I know, the list is overrated, but the fat man didn’t even crack the NFL’s top 100 list. Peter Griffin could be signed off the streets of Baltimore and he’d be able to kung fu with the same clustersuck Clark does.

Shows up once in a fucking blue moon to inflate stats agains cupcakes. Impotent in big games, especially NFC Championship games. 285!!!

Shoulda extended Aaron Jones instead.

If the Packers ran a 4-3 or more traditional fronts then I might agree with you to a degree but with what they ask Clark to do NO FUCKING WAY!!!

Losing him would be the most catastrophic loss to this defense with the current roster in place. He is the “most important piece in play” as it all starts with him. None of these other things work if Clark doesn’t get his job done and his responsibilities. Now 2017-2018 he graded off the charts and last year graded a little lower but he did play through several different nagging injuries last year.

Once again the problems on the D-Line are a “Brian Gutekunst Problem” as he did NOTHING to bring in someone to help Clark upfront. He was too busy chasing unicorns.

texaspackerbacker
08-16-2020, 09:30 AM
I've got to go with Gary on this one. Clark is that rare player who can penetrate into the backfield but is also strong at the point of attack. Raji, who I learned to hate, could get into the backfield sometimes too, but he was consistently pushed back badly on run plays. You don't see that with Clark.

As for the 4-3 stuff, when the Packers run that 2 man line thing, it basically is a 4-3 with the OLBs acting like 4-3 DEs. Putting two rabid pass rushers on the outside and a third strong pass rusher moving inside with Clark, you have something really special coming at an offense, but you need one guy in there with some strength against the run - Clark.

My only worry is he gets hurt or fades otherwise. With luck he won't have a serious injury, and he's young enough that he should not fade in 4 or 5 years.

APB: they should extend Aaron Jones too.

bobblehead
08-16-2020, 11:16 AM
There is more to football than pressures. Like setting an edge as an edge defender is a decent start to rounding out your game.

I agree, but you were talking about bringing pressure. That is what I addressed. And then I said "now if we can stop the run...."

bobblehead
08-16-2020, 11:24 AM
Aaron Rodgers
Kenny Clark

Best two players on Packers.

Top 5 at their positions. Rodgers, Bahk, Adams. Top 10. Z, Preston, Jenkins (yes), Jones, Clark

Holes: WR2, TE, ILB

This team is actually pretty loaded. TT left a very full cupboard and a lot of salary cap. I'm most concerned about the hole at ILB. I still think we get run over too much this season, but I see another very successful season. In a year or 2 we will have our full answer about Gutes. It will depend a lot on Gary, Sternberger and the development of MVS and EQ.

bobblehead
08-16-2020, 11:27 AM
I've got to go with Gary on this one. Clark is that rare player who can penetrate into the backfield but is also strong at the point of attack. Raji, who I learned to hate, could get into the backfield sometimes too, but he was consistently pushed back badly on run plays. You don't see that with Clark.

As for the 4-3 stuff, when the Packers run that 2 man line thing, it basically is a 4-3 with the OLBs acting like 4-3 DEs. Putting two rabid pass rushers on the outside and a third strong pass rusher moving inside with Clark, you have something really special coming at an offense, but you need one guy in there with some strength against the run - Clark.

My only worry is he gets hurt or fades otherwise. With luck he won't have a serious injury, and he's young enough that he should not fade in 4 or 5 years.

APB: they should extend Aaron Jones too.

You are correct tex about the 4-3 stuff. We intentionally have grabbed OLB that go 275+. They are nearly 4-3 DE, but we do stack to one side I think allowing Clark to play NT quite often. Our D is a hybrid at this point without a true identity. Its designed to destroy the pass game, but unfortunately to a few capable teams it means we can't stop the run enough.

GB-Brandon
08-16-2020, 11:44 AM
Top 5 at their positions. Rodgers, Bahk, Adams. Top 10. Z, Preston, Jenkins (yes), Jones, Clark

Holes: WR2, TE, ILB

This team is actually pretty loaded. TT left a very full cupboard and a lot of salary cap. I'm most concerned about the hole at ILB. I still think we get run over too much this season, but I see another very successful season. In a year or 2 we will have our full answer about Gutes. It will depend a lot on Gary, Sternberger and the development of MVS and EQ.

You're leaving out RT which could very quickly become a disaster. Wagner was a disaster last year and there is health concerns as well. Who replaces him? DL needs immediate help too. Nickel Corner is kinda up in the air too.

Add to what you mentioned at WR and ILB and trouble could be looming if the team doesn't stay as healthy as last year. It will ultimately come down to that and the ability of LaFluer to transform this offense with adding some of the rookies to make his ground and pound run game work. If he can get some of those rookies to contribute and make it work there could be some success that would lead to play action in the passing game which could give things some traction. There is no way at this point this team is gonna line up and win with a high volume passing attack with Rodgers just running the show. They just don't have the firepower to do that anymore. This team will have a very hard time coming back against good to great teams if they ever get behind.

On the other side of the ball they of course need key guys to stay healthy but Pettine needs to pull his head out of his ass and be able and willing to adjust his scheme in certain in game situations. Overall, there is some good talent on this defense. If the offense can get the lead the defense can keep it with a fierce pass rush and a competent secondary that can make you pay.

Well see if Gute got the right pieces and LaFluer can stir the drink correctly. It's gonna be different. That's for sure.

bobblehead
08-16-2020, 01:11 PM
Heh...yea, I just mentioned in the other thread that I was more worried about RT than WR. Truth is though I don't see it as a "hole" as much as a weakness. I think Wagner is serviceable and has proven that over his career, but yes, it is almost guaranteed to be a weakness no matter who we line up there.

RashanGary
08-16-2020, 09:17 PM
Clark is best nose in football

GB-Brandon
08-16-2020, 09:39 PM
Heh...yea, I just mentioned in the other thread that I was more worried about RT than WR. Truth is though I don't see it as a "hole" as much as a weakness. I think Wagner is serviceable and has proven that over his career, but yes, it is almost guaranteed to be a weakness no matter who we line up there.

Well if Billy Turner is out there at RT it’s a huge hole. Mine as well just insert Jordan Love now.

GB-Brandon
08-16-2020, 11:08 PM
Clark is best nose in football

Clark needs some help ASAP. He is being asked to do way to much. Won’t last that long.

Upnorth
08-17-2020, 10:27 AM
Turner at rt is just slightly below average in the league from what I have read, definately not bottom 1/3rd. And with a rod at qb he will look better imo, as he has made the oline look good for years with the way he moves into protection.

I would love to see Clark get some help but we need ilb more imo.

GB-Brandon
08-17-2020, 01:19 PM
Turner at rt is just slightly below average in the league from what I have read, definately not bottom 1/3rd. And with a rod at qb he will look better imo, as he has made the oline look good for years with the way he moves into protection.

I would love to see Clark get some help but we need ilb more imo.

If we dig deeper Turner will be serviceable in run game. Where it will be a struggle is obvious pass downs. This presents multiple problems. One, there is the area where i do see some regression from Rodgers is his ability to move around in the pocket like he once could. He still is effective but not what he once was. He needs more help there now. Two, we play in a division with one of the most feared pass rushers in the game K. Mack and the Bears will most definitely match him up on a weak pass blocker such a Turner. Three, teams love to press our receivers while doubling Adams knowing we really can't beat it giving their pass rushers more time to get to Rodgers putting even more pressure on a weak pass blocker such as Turner. This all creates a situation where you see Rodgers taking a sack or throwing the ball away and looking frustrated and most Packer fans taking it the wrong way.

To me this was already a problem last season and now it's actually worse. Zero was done to address any of this.

GB-Brandon
08-17-2020, 02:14 PM
Clark is being over-used and overworked in this system for positive long term use. Yes, he is young and he is getting paid big $ now but there is nobody on the roster that can help off-set some of his responsibilities or offer any productive relief. At this pace we’ll see how long it lasts.

This is why I do not understand what the hell they are building for. The window is right now!!!

Upnorth
08-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Funny how as arod regresses they transition to the run game... Almost like it was the plan?

GB-Brandon
08-17-2020, 05:53 PM
Funny how as arod regresses they transition to the run game... Almost like it was the plan?

I’ve posted about this and doing this while using the play action. Yes, that appears to be the plan. The thing is most NFL defenses can take away the run if they commit to it. It still remains to be seen if the Packers can win in the passing game under those circumstances with their limited weapons.

We shall see.

GB-Brandon
08-17-2020, 05:54 PM
I believe A-Rod could still light it up in a high volume passing offense with the right pieces around him. We will find out later if this is true but it certainly won’t be in Green Bay.

George Cumby
08-17-2020, 08:57 PM
Who drafted Clark?

Anti-Polar Bear
08-18-2020, 12:21 AM
Who drafted Clark?

The incompetent Todd Thompson, aka, the Majestic Polar Bear.

In an act of incompetence not unlike the milksop Perry over hip hop safety Harrison Smith of Our Lady of Notre Dame, Todd took the milksop Clark over hip hop LB Jaylon Smith, also of Our Lady of Notre Dame.

Upnorth
08-18-2020, 07:50 PM
I believe A-Rod could still light it up in a high volume passing offense with the right pieces around him. We will find out later if this is true but it certainly won’t be in Green Bay.

So you don't think arod will be a better passer if the d commits to the run?
I'm chomping at the but if they can somehow get the opposing d to think run first. Arod is still a top 5 passer at least and will make them pay. He made them pay last year and both our passing and run games appear to have improved this off season.
Before you say our passing game hasn't improved we have 3 wrs going into the third year 1 into second and a pass catching he going into his 2nd. All hitting the growth period of most skill players career. The likely hood none improve is not high. Or keep bitching, your call.

GB-Brandon
08-18-2020, 08:09 PM
So you don't think arod will be a better passer if the d commits to the run?
I'm chomping at the but if they can somehow get the opposing d to think run first. Arod is still a top 5 passer at least and will make them pay. He made them pay last year and both our passing and run games appear to have improved this off season.
Before you say our passing game hasn't improved we have 3 wrs going into the third year 1 into second and a pass catching he going into his 2nd. All hitting the growth period of most skill players career. The likely hood none improve is not high. Or keep bitching, your call.

Well at some point there is gonna be some 3rd and somethings or 3rd and goals. I’ll believe the improvement in the receiving Corp when I see it. We haven’t developed one since Devante Adams who was drafted in 2014 so I have every right to have some reservations.

Here are some other things to ponder.

https://www.nflanalysis.net/packers-3-reasons-green-bay-will-regress-in-2020/

Upnorth
08-18-2020, 08:29 PM
In terms of expected outcome only an idiot assumes no regression after a 13-3 season. I fully expect 10-6 or 11-5. I stand by my statement that our roster outside of bulaga is improved. I'm really excited to see savage gary and Sternberg in year 2. Your article has nothing new and is like on I posted from espn shortly after the draft.

GB-Brandon
08-18-2020, 08:44 PM
The thing is this WR room is not only under-talented but it’s thin and not set up for normal NFL attrition that takes course over a 16 game season and a potential playoff run. He hasn’t drafted one in two years or traded for one etc. all he has done really is sign Funches and he is already gone. Let’s see what we have when the season starts. Right now I’m not confident at all.

GB-Brandon
08-18-2020, 09:01 PM
In terms of expected outcome only an idiot assumes no regression after a 13-3 season. I fully expect 10-6 or 11-5. I stand by my statement that our roster outside of bulaga is improved. I'm really excited to see savage gary and Sternberg in year 2. Your article has nothing new and is like on I posted from espn shortly after the draft.

On the defensive side I share more of this optimism. After digging etc I can see where Kirksey might help this defense if he can stay healthy. Burks has bulked up so maybe we get a miracle there. I can also see where Gary could line up next to Clark in certain situations. I really think King can build on some things as well as Alexander. Savage as well. The defense is loaded other then maybe missing one more body upfront. If Pettine can be more scheme friendly we’ll be just fine. Of course there is the health thing too.

But on the offensive side I hate to post the same things over and over but I have some serious concerns. RT is undecided and needs to be worked out. We don’t even know who is gonna be the starting no.2 right now at WR. I can’t go along with “Well one of the guys will Emerge” cause nobody has for several years. I actually mocked Sternberger to the Packers two years ago but in some ways this is his rookie year so we’ll see. We’re asking for a lot here.

It is my opinion that Gute needs to bring in some help and I don’t mean some waiver wire bullshit help. Whether it’s making a trade for a guy like Corey Davis or Curtis Samuel or Sammy Watkins or Signing Antonio Brown he needs to do something. We’re just asking for too many things to go our way right now.

texaspackerbacker
08-19-2020, 08:05 AM

Hope to see you in the prediction thread also hahahaha.

GB-Brandon
08-19-2020, 10:26 AM
Hope to see you in the prediction thread also hahahaha.

A little to early for that.

gbgary
08-25-2020, 10:41 AM
clark's cheap for the next two seasons. veeeery smart.
https://overthecap.com/player/kenny-clark/4739/

Upnorth
08-25-2020, 11:48 AM
clark's cheap for the next two seasons. veeeery smart.
https://overthecap.com/player/kenny-clark/4739/

Is he ever. Great great extension!!!