PDA

View Full Version : The Official Joemailman's 2020 Packers Win-Loss Prediction Thread

Anti-Polar Bear
08-18-2020, 12:59 PM
Where the heck is the Mailman? This thread is his job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kayI9QB1-IA

texaspackerbacker
08-18-2020, 03:22 PM
WTG, APB. It's a dirty job, but somebody needed to do it. Don't ever let anybody tell you you're a total good-for-nothing hahahahaha.

bobblehead
08-18-2020, 11:35 PM
11 wins against a tough schedule. Probably make the NFCC again, but this time it will be against someone besides SF and Brandon will whine that the Redskins....er football team made the baller moves Gutes didn't have the stones to pull off. Brandon will claim he knew the red...er football team had the "it" factor all along and we are all just too stupid and enamored with Flower and Gutes to recognize greatness.

GB-Brandon
08-19-2020, 11:57 AM
11 wins against a tough schedule. Probably make the NFCC again, but this time it will be against someone besides SF and Brandon will whine that the Redskins....er football team made the baller moves Gutes didn't have the stones to pull off. Brandon will claim he knew the red...er football team had the "it" factor all along and we are all just too stupid and enamored with Flower and Gutes to recognize greatness.

Geez. Pretty much the entire National Media has painted this picture in several examples so not sure your coming up with any type of Epiphany here. Gute really didn't need to make any big "Baller Moves" either. All he really needed to do is really fill out a few needs on the roster. Instead it seems he put his genius cap on and proceeded to try and kick off some type of Dynasty in the making. He is the one that thinks he is smarter then everyone else.

Pretty bold move for a franchise that hasn't won a Super Bowl in ten years!!! It's like lets go win one first then start doing that type of shit. His EGO destroyed this whole fucken thing.

Upnorth
08-19-2020, 12:09 PM
Geez. Pretty much the entire National Media has painted this picture in several examples so not sure your coming up with any type of Epiphany here. Gute really didn't need to make any big "Baller Moves" either. All he really needed to do is really fill out a few needs on the roster. Instead it seems he put his genius cap on and proceeded to try and kick off some type of Dynasty in the making. He is the one that thinks he is smarter then everyone else.

Pretty bold move for a franchise that hasn't won a Super Bowl in ten years!!! It's like lets go win one first then start doing that type of shit. His EGO destroyed this whole fucken thing.

The only draft pick you could equate to ego is love. After this year rb is a huge need with jones being to expensive. A blocking te to help out the tackle position. Yup ego moves there. You sound like people who bitch about rodgers ego making him miss plays to protect his passer rating. Sounds good til you look at it critically without bias.

GB-Brandon
08-19-2020, 12:56 PM
The only draft pick you could equate to ego is love. After this year rb is a huge need with jones being to expensive. A blocking te to help out the tackle position. Yup ego moves there. You sound like people who bitch about rodgers ego making him miss plays to protect his passer rating. Sounds good til you look at it critically without bias.

I'm the only one on this whole forum that I recall even having AJ Dillon mocked to us(Granted it was in the 3rd-4th round) but i'm fine with that pick and most of the other picks. The "Love Pick" cost us "Two Picks" so yeah it was pretty costly and so far out of bounds being a 1st and a 4th. CHAMPIONSHIP ORGANIZATIONS CAN'T MAKE THESE TYPE OF MISTAKES!

If you read a lot of my posts the ego is even deeper then this. Gute ignored receiver in last years draft as well and has basically ignored it all together other then the 2018 draft where he used some later round picks and signing Funches. Now that Funches isn't gonna play all he has since done is bring in some more cast offs. He is showing zero willingness other then coming out and Band standing that he is "BULLISH ON EQ" everyone! WHOOPI DEW DAAAAAA! I feel like doing Kart Wheels. I bet defensive coordinators around the league are having nightmares!

Were gonna see how that works out.

RashanGary
08-19-2020, 01:10 PM
You’re fine with the pick of Dillon cuz you had him mocked 2 rounds later, but Gute has the ego. Hey pot, meet kettle. A little projection here maybe :lol:

GB-Brandon
08-19-2020, 01:41 PM
You’re fine with the pick of Dillon cuz you had him mocked 2 rounds later, but Gute has the ego. Hey pot, meet kettle. A little projection here maybe :lol:

Say what you want. Gute has put everyone in a horrible position moving forward from the franchise to Aaron Rodgers to Jordan Love to the Fans. That’s why he is shutting certain communication settings down from the media at practice. He is trying to keep a lid on things as much as he can and control the narrative as long as he can. Love has shown up and is a disaster so far all the way around. Boyle is better and is obviously taking this opportunity way more seriously then Jordan Love. However; the house of cards will eventually all come tumbling down.

After this season things could very well and will most likely CHANGE FOREVER!

Fosco33
08-19-2020, 01:46 PM
I think 9 or 10 wins if season finishes

GB-Brandon
08-19-2020, 02:06 PM
That's about where I am at right now. 10 wins. They literally need about 6 of these players to have jumps in play

Kirksey
Burks
EQ
Lazard
MVS
Sternberger
Jackson
Gary
Wagner
Turner

and maintain last years health to repeat 13-3 type season with upcoming schedule. That probably isn't gonna happen. Still holding out some hope we bring someone in to help at least help on the offensive end. Pettine still scares me but I like the overall talent on defense.

Spaulding
08-19-2020, 02:34 PM
I think the team will be better overall due to additional depth and more comfort in MLF's system but a tougher schedule and some losses in close games unlike last year will results in worse record. Comfortable overall with the roster. Obviously some areas are stronger (QB/RB/OLB/CB/S) than others (WR/RT/ILB) and we have a lot of young TE's that are still unknowns. However more play action off hopefully a potent run game should allow Rodgers to take fewer hits and remain healthy through the season. Combine that with possibly Lazard or ESB or MVS making a jump big enough to warrant #2 consideration and some better play at TE and the offense should be decent enough. Defense looks pretty solid outside of the run defense which is a huge hole and glaring in the title game.

Hopefully Kirksey returns to form and stays healthy and we finally start to see some production from Burks or Gary to help Kenny in the middle. We should know shortly if we can stop the run or it's a repeat of last year and whether it's the 49ers/Seahawks/Saints/etc. that runs us into the ground should we make the playoffs as I would expect barring an injury to Rodgers.

L - vikes
W - lions
L - saints
W - falcons
L - bucs
W - texans
W - vikes
L - 49ers
W - jags
W - colts
W - bears
W - eagles
W - lions
W - panthers
L - titans
L - bears

10-6

Upnorth
08-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Spaulding in my head I have us beating the bucs sweeping the vikes losing one to the lions but identical otherwise.

call_me_ishmael
08-19-2020, 03:33 PM
I would expect the Packers to win the division and be back in the playoffs unless someone in the division really surprises. Vikings are always a tough out and have a pretty good QB so we'll see how it shakes out.

9-11 wins is probably about right I guess.

GB-Brandon
08-19-2020, 04:01 PM
What’s funny is the whole thing still centers around “Rodgers Staying Healthy.” If he stays healthy there is a pretty good chance they make the playoffs. If he were to be lost for the season then forget about the playoffs.

So all this bullshit trade up to draft Jordan Love and institute a power run game doesn’t make a whole lot of difference in the big scheme of things. More reason to just give Rodgers more of what he really needed or at least fill out the D-line to keep us in certain games. We already had a competent running game.

Once again pointing to the Ego of Gute and Lafluer. They got ran over and now their gonna do it by golly.

Spaulding
08-19-2020, 04:58 PM
What’s funny is the whole thing still centers around “Rodgers Staying Healthy.” If he stays healthy there is a pretty good chance they make the playoffs. If he were to be lost for the season then forget about the playoffs.

So all this bullshit trade up to draft Jordan Love and institute a power run game doesn’t make a whole lot of difference in the big scheme of things. More reason to just give Rodgers more of what he really needed or at least fill out the D-line to keep us in certain games. We already had a competent running game.

Once again pointing to the Ego of Gute and Lafluer. They got ran over and now their gonna do it by golly.

This feels like a political discussion as you're so set on your view point that every post you twist to support your cause.

That statement is absurd. Rodgers is a top 10 QB and the loss of any team's QB of that level is predicated on them staying healthy. Few teams have a backup QB capable of keeping a team competitive for anything more than a few games.

I guess I shouldn't have even mentioned the obvious about his needed health.

As for ego's of the GM and head coach, you have no basis other than your own misguided opinion that it's their ego in the way of the team winning another ring.

GM's are paid to do what they think is best for the team (long term or short term) and whether it works or not is the basis for them keeping their job or not. Same goes for head coaches. They see these players in drills, classrooms, practices and games to have a far better idea of what is needed and what isn't. For the record I'm not a fan of the Love pick but then again I wasn't crazy about Rodgers being drafted nor were any of the pundits and that turned out okay.

I get being a fan is short for being fanatic but give up the Rodgers needs another weapon spam and ego references and get back to some of the insightful stuff you posted prior.

GB-Brandon
08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
This feels like a political discussion as you're so set on your view point that every post you twist to support your cause.

That statement is absurd. Rodgers is a top 10 QB and the loss of any team's QB of that level is predicated on them staying healthy. Few teams have a backup QB capable of keeping a team competitive for anything more than a few games.

I guess I shouldn't have even mentioned the obvious about his needed health.

As for ego's of the GM and head coach, you have no basis other than your own misguided opinion that it's their ego in the way of the team winning another ring.

GM's are paid to do what they think is best for the team (long term or short term) and whether it works or not is the basis for them keeping their job or not. Same goes for head coaches. They see these players in drills, classrooms, practices and games to have a far better idea of what is needed and what isn't. For the record I'm not a fan of the Love pick but then again I wasn't crazy about Rodgers being drafted nor were any of the pundits and that turned out okay.

I get being a fan is short for being fanatic but give up the Rodgers needs another weapon spam and ego references and get back to some of the insightful stuff you posted prior.

Well Devante Adams and Aaron Rodgers are in those “Classrooms, Drills and Practices” as well and they both have said they were/are Shocked this is where we’re at too.

So anyways, I’m gonna put it on simmer but I bet dollars to donuts this is going to be an ongoing topic this season that comes up again sooner rather then later based on what Gute has or has not assembled.

bobblehead
08-20-2020, 07:23 PM

You are correct. 30 teams are extremely reliant on their QB staying healthy. GB is one of them. The other 2 are the Jaguars and red...er football team.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-21-2020, 07:55 AM
Some good discussions thus far in this thread, but I can’t believe nobody mentioned how awesome Coldplay is. Coldplay’s most recent album “Everyday Life” is arguably their best since “A Rush of Blood to the Head”.

texaspackerbacker
08-21-2020, 12:07 PM
Thanks again for the thread, APB. I actually went to YouTube and played that Coldplay thing, though, and it sounded like crap to me - sorry.

IMO, it would take a major stumble for the Packers to lose to anybody other than the Niners. I expect one stumble along the way, hence the 14-2 prediction. If we ever get a prediction contest, I probably will even end up picking us to beat SF.

RashanGary
08-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Really think the WRs gonna blow people away this year

run pMc
08-23-2020, 12:02 PM
didn't even look at schedule, but I know it's tougher than last year. They also had some pretty good luck with injuries and fortunate bounces.
I think they will be a better team, yet have a worse record than last year.

I also think Rona is likely to impact the season, but let's just go with 10-6.

Bretsky
08-23-2020, 06:21 PM

Only if the run game tears it up.

Bretsky
08-23-2020, 06:23 PM
I went 11-5; improved run game; AROD plays well enough to get us quality wins against sub par opponents.

Upnorth
10-14-2020, 10:28 AM
Apb I love the fact you might still be right. So far one of my losses (saints) was a win.

Upnorth
10-14-2020, 10:29 AM

Lots of season left but we'll done so far

smuggler
10-14-2020, 10:31 AM
I didn't vote on the poll, but my prediction was 12-4 at the start of the season.

texaspackerbacker
10-14-2020, 04:54 PM
I'm starting to think my 14-2 wasn't optimistic enough. I really couldn't see any obvious losses, but I figured we'd slip up a couple of times. Maybe we won't.

bobblehead
10-14-2020, 04:58 PM
You are correct. 30 teams are extremely reliant on their QB staying healthy. GB is one of them. The other 2 are the Jaguars and red...er football team.

It would seem that I forgot the Jets

wist43
10-14-2020, 06:44 PM
Lefleur has them playing extremely well - he's doing a heck of a job.

Still, my guess is Gute's refusal to do anything to upgrade the talent from last year - especially at key positions like WR, OT, and ILB - will eventually bite us in the ass.

We're getting zero contributions from our draft class, none. That's inexcusable.

Joemailman
10-14-2020, 07:31 PM
Lefleur has them playing extremely well - he's doing a heck of a job.

Still, my guess is Gute's refusal to do anything to upgrade the talent from last year - especially at key positions like WR, OT, and ILB - will eventually bite us in the ass.

We're getting zero contributions from our draft class, none. That's inexcusable.

No it isn't. Teams that draft guys based on what they'll do as rookies aren't 4-0. Besides, Runyan played well when he was needed. Deguara was playing until he got hurt. Kamal Martin might well be starting if he hadn't gotten hurt. He may be back soon. I suspect Dillon will contribute before the year is over. Vernon Scott and Jonathan Garvin have been in there when needed. The fact that the Packers haven't needed big contributions from rookies while winning is a good thing, not a problem.

wist43
10-14-2020, 07:57 PM
No it isn't. Teams that draft guys based on what they'll do as rookies aren't 4-0. Besides, Runyan played well when he was needed. Deguara was playing until he got hurt. Kamal Martin might well be starting if he hadn't gotten hurt. He may be back soon. I suspect Dillon will contribute before the year is over. Vernon Scott and Jonathan Garvin have been in there when needed. The fact that the Packers haven't needed big contributions from rookies while winning is a good thing, not a problem.

They were counting on improving from within, another year together in the system improvement, and Rodgers getting his head out of his ass.

They've gotten all 3 of those things.

We simply won't know about Love for awhile, while Dillion will replace Williams next year. Deguera is a gatchet guy...

My favorite pick of the draft was Martin, and I liked Garvin coming out - although he's looked slower than he did in college.

Overall, I'm encouraged... couldn't be happier with Lefleur. A little leery of Gute, but still supportive.

RashanGary
10-14-2020, 11:24 PM
Overall, I'm encouraged... couldn't be happier with Lefleur. A little leery of Gute, but still supportive.

This is about as glowing of an endorsement as we’re gonna get outta this guy! I think it’s safe for Lafleur to go get them fitted for rings now!

Anti-Polar Bear
12-23-2020, 08:17 AM
Tank Elf Duke, Freak, Harrell, Tex, O'Day, White Brandon, jk, run, spauld, Shadow, eater, race, and last but not least, Useful Idiot Wist have been eliminated.

But Coldplay remains awesome.

I want to know when I can go
Back and get drunk with my friends
I want to know when I can go
Back and be young again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXKYA-zmzTY

Upnorth
12-23-2020, 09:07 AM
Man I hope I get eliminated this weekend.

Upnorth
12-28-2020, 05:48 PM
I'm out as are bobble bretsky and brohm. Awesome.

texaspackerbacker
12-29-2020, 11:51 AM
Everybody is eliminated. You'll just have to give it to the closest. If we lose to the Bears, heaven forbid, then give it to the 11-5 crowd. If we win and go 13-3, give the money to us at 14-2, There IS money, isn't there? hahahaha

SudsMcBucky
12-29-2020, 12:25 PM
I had voted in the 11 win group. Glad to be wrong.

MadtownPacker
12-29-2020, 12:35 PM
I was not allowed to vote in this thread but would have said 11-5.

RashanGary
12-29-2020, 03:02 PM
I think I said 11 too

Bretsky
12-29-2020, 05:02 PM
I'm not sure what I voted for but since the pollster didn't put in there to show votes I'll just say......I WAS RIGHT ! haha

HarveyWallbangers
12-29-2020, 05:58 PM
You can see it. You voted 11. Where’s Wist? He voted 8. He disappears when the Packers are doing well. Weird for a fan of the team. Guess he hates to eat crow.

wist43
12-29-2020, 08:10 PM
You can see it. You voted 11. Where’s Wist? He voted 8. He disappears when the Packers are doing well. Weird for a fan of the team. Guess he hates to eat crow.

Lol... no, I've been hanging out in FYI. The whole PC, BLM/Marxism thing turned me off to the point where I dont care much anymore. I did watch the Tenn. game though.

Only watched a couple of games this year... just too busy these days. Kids, running a business, just bought a new house.

Just don't have the free time I used to.

George Cumby
12-29-2020, 08:20 PM
IDK where my 13-3 vote disappeared to.