PDA

View Full Version : FANTASY FOOTBALL--Packer Players..........Booms, Busts and Misc info and questions

Bretsky
08-22-2020, 04:14 PM
IF this need to go to the fantasy football area freel free to move; but nobody reads that area so I figured I'd post it and get some thoughts and Packers FF potential as well as others

Here are my thoughts.

BOOM- Devante Adams is probably the #2 WR in fantasy football this year. Even though the team is clearly set up to run the ball a lot more,that should open things for him.

I don't think Aaron Jones will be a bust, but I don't think he'll be as effective as last year. AJ Dillon looks like he's made for the goal line. I have no idea on the role of Jamal Williams; actually they should trade him.

AJ Dillon- I think he's draftable in last rounds. He's going to vulture some TD's and if Jones is hurt at all he could thrive.

Da Lizard---I really like the guy and love is effort. Have watched him interview; great guy. But reality...liimited upside. He's going to have some games, and I think he'll be invisible in some. He will be unreliable for anybody who wants to start him

TE's- I have no idea; I don't think one Packer TE will be rated in the top 20 list.

AROD- Every year for a long long time I've considered him to be one of the top 4 QB's in FF

This year he's the most popular bust out there. Doesn't mean he won't have a good season, but he's no longer elite and last year he was shorthanded on the receivers and this year will be no better.

In Fantasy football, in 8 of the 16 games last year he was not one of the top 20 scoring QB's.

It's why most sited are making him a popular bust.

Feel free to add your thoughts on Packers I missed, or others

RashanGary
08-22-2020, 06:12 PM
Jamal is a horrible fantasy option but a great third down back.

Pass protection - check
WR skills - check
Screen threat - check

3rd down, all day, no doubt!

RashanGary
08-22-2020, 06:40 PM
Dillon short yardage and goalline
Jones regular situations
Williams obvious passing downs (Pass protection/screen savvy/route running)

Three headed monster. Everyone has a role. Could easily see Jones do it all, but could easily see the whole team being better with all three and each guy staying fresh and healthy.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-23-2020, 04:17 AM
Not playing fantasy this year. I’ve canceled my online NFL Sunday Tix. Like Prof Rand, I’m boycotting the NFL.

Instead, I’ll be spending the fall reading ALL five published books of “A Song of Ice and Fire”. If George RR Martin hurries the fuck up and publishes “The Winds of Winter”, I’ll read that too.

bobblehead
08-25-2020, 11:20 AM
The wildcard is MVS. I could see him shocking with a 1k yard season if what I believe is true. I could see him disappearing again if what I believe is wrong....and I can't be sure, but he is still worth a flyer or minimum someone to monitor.

texaspackerbacker
08-25-2020, 11:52 AM
There was a time when I had over a hundred fantasy teams every year, but I got burnt out on preparing the teams every week a few years ago.

As for the Packers, if Aaron Rodgers is anything other than the top or second pick, he's a bargain and I'm pretty sure gonna have a great season. Davante Adams is always a solid pick, but would probably go too high to be a bargain in most drafts. I'd take Aaron Jones ahead of just about any RB even with our 3-headed rushing attack. I think Lazard is gonna get the most fantasy points - other than Adams - among Packers WRs, as he will undoubtedly be Rodgers' go-to receiver. He should be a low round bargain. St. Brown and Scantling would be good in these huge 16 or 20 team fantasy leagues where you get down below first stringers, but other than that, they're too iffy.

Rutnstrut
08-25-2020, 07:54 PM
I have a misc question. Where the hell is PB? Don't crucify me for asking. I'm not on here a lot anymore.

texaspackerbacker
08-25-2020, 09:38 PM
Many of us are wondering that - him and rand and even MadTown himself.

Rutnstrut
08-25-2020, 11:41 PM
Many of us are wondering that - him and rand and even MadTown himself.

Well as far as anyone knows are they ok? None of us are getting any younger...

texaspackerbacker
08-26-2020, 12:29 AM
I'm not in that "Garbage Can" thing. Maybe somebody who has access can give us the inside scoop. Of those three, I think rand is the only one who is old, and I think he's younger than me. I'm thinking there was some behind the scenes pissing contests that resulted in some kind of bad feelings.

bobblehead
08-27-2020, 04:40 PM
Let me see if I can flush one of them out:

Trump sucks!! Go Biden!! Kamala is great even if I can't pronounce her name because I watched too much wrestling as a kid!!!

Freak Out
08-27-2020, 04:41 PM
lol

jmbarnes101
08-28-2020, 12:28 AM
@Brettsky - not a Packers guy but FF TE for ya this year... Jonnu Smith.

Bretsky
08-28-2020, 11:16 PM
Thanks Jim and I agree