PDA

View Full Version : I REALLY Don'T Want To Hear About" Social Justice" Views

The Shadow
08-28-2020, 08:53 PM
I don't need to be lectured about the political views of football players right now.
I just want to hear about football.
Am I so wrong?

RashanGary
08-29-2020, 02:43 AM
We’re saturated with these messages. School, news, sports, music, movies..... it comes so steadily and relentlessly, you almost wonder if it’s real or if it’s being fed to us. If we opened our eyes, in absence of the endless messages, would we see any of this or would we just want to eat a couple oranges and take a nap?

sharpe1027
08-29-2020, 04:54 AM
Making it harder to stay in my echo chamber.

wist43
08-29-2020, 11:30 PM
I've quit the NBA and MLB for good... if the NFL persists with this nonsense, I'll opt out from it too.

I've got young kids and a business to run... no problem finding other things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Anti-Polar Bear
08-30-2020, 07:42 AM
I've quit the NBA and MLB for good... if the NFL persists with this nonsense, I'll opt out from it too.

I've got young kids and a business to run... no problem finding other things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

Go root for the NHL, yo. Trust me, the NFL won’t miss redneck truck drivers.

bobblehead
08-30-2020, 09:08 AM
Honestly, if anyone wants to discuss this stuff head over to FYI. I know hardly anyone is posting right now, but the powers that be don't want this in the Packers section...apparently the Packers do, but the fans don't.

RashanGary
09-02-2020, 09:35 AM
Kirk Cousins said he’s gonna live life as usual and if he gets corona he’ll ride it out. If he dies, he dies and he’s at peace with that. Journalists twisting that into if he gets corona he’s gonna live life as usual and doesn’t care about his minority teammates. This doesn’t feel real. Are journalists retarded or is it their job to warp everything that’s said?

texaspackerbacker
09-02-2020, 11:09 AM
Hell yeah, they're retarded ...... and it's their job too ...... but most of all, they're just plain evil.

Cousins may be crap as a QB, but as a person, he's an all pro.

And nobody better whine that it's politics to hate on media pukes.

RashanGary
09-02-2020, 02:26 PM
I just don’t understand how the media connects that to not caring about minorities. It really is unreal how warped their minds are to twist everything to racism.

texaspackerbacker
09-02-2020, 04:06 PM
The applicable word is "demagoguery".

QBME
09-02-2020, 05:14 PM
No, no you are not.

Patler
09-02-2020, 09:40 PM
Kirk Cousins said he’s gonna live life as usual and if he gets corona he’ll ride it out. If he dies, he dies and he’s at peace with that. Journalists twisting that into if he gets corona he’s gonna live life as usual and doesn’t care about his minority teammates. This doesn’t feel real. Are journalists retarded or is it their job to warp everything that’s said?

Cousins also went on to say he wears masks out of respect for others, to protect others, not out of any concern for himself. Honestly, I couldn't see much of anything objectionable in what he said, if you read it in its entirety. He's doing what people want, just not for the reasons they want him to have.

bobblehead
09-03-2020, 09:39 AM
Cousins also went on to say he wears masks out of respect for others, to protect others, not out of any concern for himself. Honestly, I couldn't see much of anything objectionable in what he said, if you read it in its entirety. He's doing what people want, just not for the reasons they want him to have.

Thought police. Not enough to comply, you must agree.

call_me_ishmael
09-03-2020, 10:03 AM

The NFL is going to extraordinary lengths to keep people healthy and is treating this as a major "thing".

It is totally unbecoming of a leader to be defiant and to not get on-board with the corporate messaging.

Kirk would get a stern talking to in corporate America for his poor leadership.

texaspackerbacker
09-03-2020, 11:27 AM
That, of course, is pure bullshit, CMI. The NFL itself is parroting bullshit and kowtowing to the idiots who brought about this who stupid corona overreaction in the first place. It's refreshing when a few people at least call the bullshit what it is.

Look at the Big Ten. A popular uprising by the student/athletes themselves seems to be leading the dumbasses in charge to walk back their stupid decisions. Who woulda ever thought it would play out like that? Yet the professional assholes and idiots in the NBA and (hopefully not) the NFL in a lot of cases, bow down to the rampant idiocy that caused this stealing of our sports in the first place.

RashanGary
09-03-2020, 11:56 AM
The NFL is going to extraordinary lengths to keep people healthy and is treating this as a major "thing".

It is totally unbecoming of a leader to be defiant and to not get on-board with the corporate messaging.

Kirk would get a stern talking to in corporate America for his poor leadership.

:lol: yeah, you do play the game well CMI. You've got a good, white, obedience = success foundation that works here in the labor empire. Almost like the ”house niggers” on django, really buying into the environment to get your needs met and punishing anyone who doesn't comply. This is a common human trait. Not a good look, but definitely has its rewards.

Tony Oday
09-03-2020, 12:59 PM
I usually watch the NHL, they protested so haven't watched since, will NEVER watch the Racist NBA, MLB is gone and NFL is shortly behind. The new generation is not a huge fan of sports so I hope these leagues implode.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-03-2020, 02:35 PM
I usually watch the NHL, they protested so haven't watched since, will NEVER watch the Racist NBA, MLB is gone and NFL is shortly behind. The new generation is not a huge fan of sports so I hope these leagues implode.

See What the Fuck Country is This thread in FYI.

call_me_ishmael
09-03-2020, 02:53 PM
That, of course, is pure bullshit, CMI. The NFL itself is parroting bullshit and kowtowing to the idiots who brought about this who stupid corona overreaction in the first place. It's refreshing when a few people at least call the bullshit what it is.

Look at the Big Ten. A popular uprising by the student/athletes themselves seems to be leading the dumbasses in charge to walk back their stupid decisions. Who woulda ever thought it would play out like that? Yet the professional assholes and idiots in the NBA and (hopefully not) the NFL in a lot of cases, bow down to the rampant idiocy that caused this stealing of our sports in the first place.

Yeah, I'm sure it's the students and not the allure of literally billions of dollars. /s