PDA

View Full Version : Cutdown thread

Guiness
09-05-2020, 02:31 PM
Sure is quiet as I've ever seen it in here! You'd think the cabrón would stir something up to create a little activity!

WR Jake Kumerow
LB Tim Williams
WR Darrius Shepherd
OL John Leglue (Denver)
OLB Tim Williams
TE Evan Baylis
LB Curtis Bolton
RB Dexter Williams
WR Reggie Begelton (Calgary)
OLB Tipa Galeai
FB/TE John Lovett (Kansas City)
OLB/DL Delontae Scott
OL Cody Conway (Tennessee)
OL Zack Johnson
CB Stanford Samuels
LB Krys Barnes
CB DaShaun Amos (Calgary)
RB Damarea Crockett (Houston)
WR Malik Turner (Seattle)
DL Willington Previlon

That's 20 cuts - they started at 80 so there should be 7 more coming.

At WR Sheppard (due to familiarity) and Begelton (big play ability, needs time) might be kept around. D. Williams might also hang around, also due to knowing the offense.

Notes from around the league

Ha-ha released by the Dallas. Bit of a surprise, as it only creates 1.5M in cap space and he got a 2.25M signing bonus. Sean Davis also got cut by Washington despite a 2M signing bonus. Not a good year to be a middle of the road safety I guess!

WR Laquon Treadwell released by Atlanta, now they can't field their (mostly retread) all 1st round pick offense :sad:

The Shadow
09-05-2020, 05:49 PM
Generally ok - but hate the Kumerow cut. You need a few guys like him on your roster.
Keeping M. Adams & Orrin Burks around is kind of deflating. How long can you wait on them?
I thought center Hanson would stick.
I would sign Veldheer right now.

Bretsky
09-05-2020, 06:58 PM
Damarius Randall cut again

Bretsky
09-05-2020, 06:58 PM
Best of luck to Whitewater Jesus; it was fun cheering for a local while you are here.

The Shadow
09-05-2020, 07:42 PM
I have always wondered why the Pack didn't beef up Kumerow a bit and try him at TE.

Bretsky
09-06-2020, 11:32 AM
Sad Day for a Badger Gan

Jonathon Orr, one of the best leaders Wisconsin football has ever seen and the classic overachiever , was cut by the Carolina Panthers.

Gotarace
09-06-2020, 01:29 PM
Whitewater Jesus signs with the Buffalo Bills to their practice squad....

Gotarace
09-06-2020, 01:32 PM
PACKERS' PRACTICE SQUAD

Stanford Samuels, CB per Jim Owczarski
Krys Barnes, ILB per Jim Owczarski
Delontae Scott, DL per Ryan Wood
Reggie Begelton, WR per Ryan Wood
Tipa Galeai, LB per Ryan Wood
Darrius Shepherd, WR per Ryan Wood
Dexter Williams, RB per Ryan Wood
Willington Previlon, DL per Tom Silverstein

HarveyWallbangers
09-06-2020, 02:29 PM
PACKERS' PRACTICE SQUAD

Stanford Samuels, CB per Jim Owczarski
Krys Barnes, ILB per Jim Owczarski
Delontae Scott, DL per Ryan Wood
Reggie Begelton, WR per Ryan Wood
Tipa Galeai, LB per Ryan Wood
Darrius Shepherd, WR per Ryan Wood
Dexter Williams, RB per Ryan Wood
Willington Previlon, DL per Tom Silverstein

Robert Foster, WR, previously with Buffalo
Alex Light, OT per Packers Wire

KYPack
09-06-2020, 04:55 PM
I have always wondered why the Pack didn't beef up Kumerow a bit and try him at TE.

This will be Jakes' 5th trip to a practice squad. I thought there was a limit to how many times you could be placed on a PS.

He's 28, not exactly a kid.

call_me_ishmael
09-06-2020, 07:41 PM
Whitewater Jesus signs with the Buffalo Bills to their practice squad....

How does this dude have eligibility left? Isn’t he turning 29 this year? Seems like he’s been around for awhile.

Patler
09-06-2020, 09:24 PM
Expanded practices squads this year (16) include six "wide open" positions that can be filled with veterans no matter age or experience.

jklowan
09-07-2020, 08:14 AM
please bring this dude in OT Prince Tega Wanogho

Anti-Polar Bear
09-07-2020, 10:14 AM
Expanded practices squads this year (16) include six "wide open" positions that can be filled with veterans no matter age or experience.

The Balding Eagles are paying Josh McCown $192,000 to be their stay-at-home, practice squad COVID QB. Meanwhile, I’m making $7.25/hr despite passing the Wisconsin CPAs as an “essential” burger-flipper.

To understand how old of a dinosaur McCown is, I was a fit, handsome, young lad with a head full of hair and shutting down Darren Charles when McCown slanged a 28-yard bullet into the right corner of an endzone to Nate Poole to knock the Queens out of the playoffs. Subsequently, the Packers were gift-wrapped the North.

Alas, Mike Sherman lacked rooster and refused to feed Ahman Green on 4th and an inch. The rest is 4th and 26 history.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-07-2020, 10:36 AM
German Shepherd has got to sign Sanu and the Claymaker. Play the Claymaker at the Mike.

Vincenzo
09-07-2020, 11:01 AM
This is the part of the Packers team that concerns me the most!
Kirksey's gotta stay healthy.

ILB (4): 58 Christian Kirksey, 54 Kamal Martin, 42 Oren Burks, 44 Ty Summers

bobblehead
09-07-2020, 11:47 AM
German Shepherd has got to sign Sanu and the Claymaker. Play the Claymaker at the Mike.

I would absolutely be on board with a little clay in the middle. Where as I once thought he was dominant as ILB, now I think he would be fine. Better than anyone we have other than Kirksey. However, this coaching staff has no history with him so I am doubting it.

wist43
09-07-2020, 12:16 PM
This is the part of the Packers team that concerns me the most!
Kirksey's gotta stay healthy.

ILB (4): 58 Christian Kirksey, 54 Kamal Martin, 42 Oren Burks, 44 Ty Summers

They're going to start Burks to open the season, but I'd be shocked if he suddenly figures out how to play football.

That leaves us with Summers. I liked Summers coming out, so I'm anxious to see what he can do. I like Martin too, but both of those guys are complete unknowns at this point.

Why the Packers as an organization don't care about the position of ILB is beyond me. It's such an obvious liability on defense, yet year after year they do nothing to fix it.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-07-2020, 12:23 PM
I would absolutely be on board with a little clay in the middle. Where as I once thought he was dominant as ILB, now I think he would be fine. Better than anyone we have other than Kirksey. However, this coaching staff has no history with him so I am doubting it.

Pettine coached the Claymaker for a season or two.

Vincenzo
09-07-2020, 12:41 PM
They're going to start Burks to open the season, but I'd be shocked if he suddenly figures out how to play football.

That leaves us with Summers. I liked Summers coming out, so I'm anxious to see what he can do. I like Martin too, but both of those guys are complete unknowns at this point.

Why the Packers as an organization don't care about the position of ILB is beyond me. It's such an obvious liability on defense, yet year after year they do nothing to fix it.
Ya well, we’re fuct. But hey, don’t forget this is a team destined for the Super Bowl.

texaspackerbacker
09-07-2020, 01:08 PM

Hell Yeah, I'd be on board with that too. Sanu's a FA? I'd give him a maybe.

APB, 16 on the PS and no age limit now. Can you still cover a 6'6'' moderately speedy receiver? If so, you've got 32 chances to catch on hahahahaha.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-07-2020, 02:13 PM
Hell Yeah, I'd be on board with that too. Sanu's a FA? I'd give him a maybe.

APB, 16 on the PS and no age limit now. Can you still cover a 6'6'' moderately speedy receiver? If so, you've got 32 chances to catch on hahahahaha.

NE released Sanu after just a few games despite trading a 2nd rounder for the dude. German Shepherd likes tall, slow WRs. Sanu fits the profile.

$12,000/wk to be on a practice squad is a lot more frogskins compared to $290/wk I’m making. Problem is, I’m getting fat. Can’t jog or run to burn calories without experiencing hip pain. Got the hip impingement while contributing to society via two blue-collar jobs. Society refuses to fork the bill to get the hip fixed.

KYPack
09-07-2020, 07:51 PM
Take it like a man.

I doubt any of this is true.

hoosier
09-08-2020, 11:34 AM
NE released Sanu after just a few games despite trading a 2nd rounder for the dude. German Shepherd likes tall, slow WRs. Sanu fits the profile.

$12,000/wk to be on a practice squad is a lot more frogskins compared to $290/wk I’m making. Problem is, I’m getting fat. Can’t jog or run to burn calories without experiencing hip pain. Got the hip impingement while contributing to society via two blue-collar jobs. Society refuses to fork the bill to get the hip fixed.

Go see the orthopedist and have them rule out joint problems. Then start yourself on a core strengthening regimen, being sure to stretch every muscle above the knees and below the tits. It'll take you three months to get back to where you were but you will be a better person for it. Do it now, before arthritis, gout and diabetes set in.

Fritz
09-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Is this true, Wist, or is this your supposition? When I go to the JSO site, there is almost no football news at all. One of the "recent" articles is about John Kerry and how he lost Wisconsin back in the dinosaur age. So I can't get any news at all - maybe they don't even show the non-subscribers the subscriber headlines now?

I am pretty sure, at this point, ol' Burks is a ST demon only. They can't really be starting him, can they? Or did he really improve playing against the air in these weird training camp practices?

texaspackerbacker
09-08-2020, 01:13 PM
I see the Packers snagged Robert Foster from Buffalo for their Practice Squad - a guy with some potential as a speed receiver.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Go see the orthopedist and have them rule out joint problems. Then start yourself on a core strengthening regimen, being sure to stretch every muscle above the knees and below the tits. It'll take you three months to get back to where you were but you will be a better person for it. Do it now, before arthritis, gout and diabetes set in.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

As y’all know, I flip burgers for the minimum-wage. Not sure if it would be financially sound to get a second opinion on the hip. I’ve already paid a large percentage of my take home income on office visits, x-rays, an expensive MRI and equally expensive radiologist fees. To get a second opinion, another radiologist would have to take a peek at the MRI image. Another grand or more down the drain, and that would not even include the 2nd ortho’s consultant fee.

The ortho I’ve been seeing recommends surgery. MRI doesn’t appear to show any muscle tears. I’m worried surgery might not fix the problem; worried about the procedure itself draining my saving account.

If I could just get a 9-5 desk job, the hip problem might be more manageable. Unfortunately, capitalists won’t hire me - not even for an accounting clerk position @ $12/hr. Flipping burgers means being on the feet all day.

run pMc
09-09-2020, 10:42 AM
The ortho I’ve been seeing recommends surgery. MRI doesn’t appear to show any muscle tears. I’m worried surgery might not fix the problem; worried about the procedure itself draining my saving account.

Sorry to hear you have this. Fraying hip labrum? I ran into hip impingement last year, and basically have been prescribed lots of stretches, PT (strength, balance) and rest. It's helped enough where I can get by, but I think surgery will ultimately be the long term solution. You might be able to do some careful research online to get some PT/exercises to help reduce the severity of the symptoms. Hoosier is right though.

run pMc
09-09-2020, 10:46 AM
I see the Packers snagged Robert Foster from Buffalo for their Practice Squad - a guy with some potential as a speed receiver.

Yeah, I can see the rationale in picking this guy up. Was a highly touted recruit, but seemed to get hurt and didn't produce a lot for Bama. When he gets the ball he's a rocket and he's certainly athletic. That he's got NFL experience (600 yds receiving) gives him a leg up over a UDFA rookie.

I worry that he's more athlete than football player, or he's a tease (tests like Tarzan, produces like Jane).

All that said, good player to stash on the PS. With 16 spots, they have plenty of room to develop a couple of WRs.

run pMc
09-09-2020, 10:53 AM
Is this true, Wist, or is this your supposition? When I go to the JSO site, there is almost no football news at all. One of the "recent" articles is about John Kerry and how he lost Wisconsin back in the dinosaur age. So I can't get any news at all - maybe they don't even show the non-subscribers the subscriber headlines now?

I am pretty sure, at this point, ol' Burks is a ST demon only. They can't really be starting him, can they? Or did he really improve playing against the air in these weird training camp practices?

The JSO site is getting worse all the time. There are so many ads and videos that it's annoying, and most of the stories are subscribers only. With TC being so locked down from COVID, there's not much news leaking out anyway.
As for Burks, he is a staple on ST, but it doesn't sound like he's been starter-worthy at ILB in camp. Burks has missed some practices and I think Pettine still doesn't trust him. I think he'll still get some snaps because he depth is thin, but I think we're going to see a lot of the hybrid (Raven Greene/Vernon Scott?) until Kamal Martin comes back. Maybe they go with Ty Summers more against teams that want to run.

If Raven Greene is healthy, he's starting over Oren Burks.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-09-2020, 11:41 AM
Sorry to hear you have this. Fraying hip labrum? I ran into hip impingement last year, and basically have been prescribed lots of stretches, PT (strength, balance) and rest. It's helped enough where I can get by, but I think surgery will ultimately be the long term solution. You might be able to do some careful research online to get some PT/exercises to help reduce the severity of the symptoms. Hoosier is right though.

Not sure about fraying hip but I have an enlarged “ball” that’s fucking up a bit with the socket. I can feel a click every time I kick a field goal. Pain’s mostly from walking and bending too much as a burger flipper.