PDA

View Full Version : Vetrans on practice squads around the league

Guiness
09-10-2020, 11:39 AM
Interesting to see the vets that are being signed to practice squads around the league. Some former big names. The ones that have gotten the most press are Josh McCown (at 41 years old!) on the Eagles squad and Josh Rosen to the Bucs. I see now that the Jets have signed Alec Ogletree and Donte Moncrief.

Any other notables around the league? Maybe CMIII will end up on one :-)

Freak Out
09-11-2020, 12:01 AM
Whats the league minimum salary for a guy like McCown? Gotta be up there.

run pMc
09-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Whats the league minimum salary for a guy like McCown? Gotta be up there.

Agree it's probably good money to be a vet like him on the 53 and holding a clipboard.
Wouldn't he be getting the PS salary though?

Anti-Polar Bear
09-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Agree it's probably good money to be a vet like him on the 53 and holding a clipboard.
Wouldn't he be getting the PS salary though?

Do any of you motherfuckers read my fucking posts? McCown is getting $192,000, or $12,000 a week, to be the Balding Eagles’ Covid-contingency PS QB. Like my pal Partial, McCown gets to work from his home.

Patler
09-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Anyone know how much McCown is getting paid on the practice squad?

Tony Oday
09-11-2020, 01:20 PM

McCown, who completed three passes in five attempts while with the Eagles last season after ending his retirement, will live in Texas. The contract is for $12,000 a week. He’s made more than $50 million over his 17-year NFL career, per Spotrac.

McCown will be the emergency quarterback behind starter Carson Wentz and backups Nate Sudfeld and Jalen Hurts. Eagles star tight end Zach Ertz, for one, is a fan.

Patler
09-11-2020, 01:25 PM
McCown, who completed three passes in five attempts while with the Eagles last season after ending his retirement, will live in Texas. The contract is for $12,000 a week. He’s made more than $50 million over his 17-year NFL career, per Spotrac.

McCown will be the emergency quarterback behind starter Carson Wentz and backups Nate Sudfeld and Jalen Hurts. Eagles star tight end Zach Ertz, for one, is a fan.

Finally! Someone with the information about McCown!

Thanks Tony!

Tony Oday
09-11-2020, 01:56 PM

Thanks Tony!

lol Google had it ;)

Guiness
09-11-2020, 02:54 PM

Thanks Tony!

They're paying him 12K/week to stay away from the team. Not a bad insurance policy. PS player salaries count against the cap though, don't they? With the expanded size, I bet some teams hard against the cap will feel that pinch.

run pMc
09-14-2020, 10:57 AM
lol Google had it ;)

Apparently so did APB. ;)
Pretty good money, just to be signed as the emergency QB. That he's made $50M is pretty incredible.

RashanGary
09-14-2020, 12:31 PM
Apb apparently blocked by some :lol:

Patler
09-14-2020, 12:52 PM
Do any of you motherfuckers read my fucking posts? McCown is getting $192,000, or $12,000 a week, to be the Balding Eagles’ Covid-contingency PS QB.

Looks like my attempt to be funny went over most people's heads. And my post directly followed his! :(

Anti-Polar Bear
09-14-2020, 01:05 PM
Looks like my attempt to be funny went over most people's heads. And my post directly followed his! :(

Unlike my archenemy, the Kentucky, who lost his sense of humor in the War for Southern Independence, I actually lol-ed at your joke.