PDA

View Full Version : WR core - going into next game....

packers11
09-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Driver , Jennings , Fergy, Robinson, Martin

It looks pretty strong..... The only problem is will Favre get enough time to throw to them??? :roll:

The core looks better than last year, I don't see why are offense can't move espically with Green Back...... The offesne should be putting up 20+ points a game..... :crazy:

Thoughts??

ND72
09-12-2006, 09:32 AM
I think McCarthy just has to get more aggressive in his play calls. HOnestly, I don't blame him for being conservative sunday vs. the Bears...I know I would, if I was playing the #1 defense in the league with a team that is young and not tested. But now that he's seen stuff, it's time to flip the switch. I personally lik ethe run first mentality, especially if we can control some clock, but sunday, we got WORKED in time, like 35-25. We just need to be more agressive with our pass plays...plus, where are some screens? lets get Ahman out and use some screens or something. keep the defense on their toes. When it's 3rd and 17, and we run a run play or just a normal drop back play, the DL just brings it...run a screen, get them frustrated. Time to be the aggressor and do what we do, and make teams adjust to us.

chewy-bacca
09-12-2006, 09:33 AM
the amount of time favre has as to incress. Its funny to me that the Vikes spend 90+ mill. on the o-line and we let 3 of 5 go over the last couple years.....and who won their game??

whats the story with Robinson? is he gonna be able to play? Wont he have a suspen. to deal with at some point?

Zool
09-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Well we arent playing the Bears D this week thankfully, but NO really got after Frye and the Browns. 5 sacks, not sure how many pressures, but their O-line might be in worse shape than ours.

Without looking, name the starting LB's for New Orleans. I cant either. This week we will be much more competitive.

chewy-bacca
09-12-2006, 09:36 AM
can they pass to set up the run?? It seems everyone knows whats comming on 1st down. Why not use the style like it should be....pass to set up the run.

2 and 3 step drops with slants and dump offs......suck them in and them drop the hammer.

ND72
09-12-2006, 09:37 AM
To be fair, Scott Wells is a better Center right now than Flanagan...In his career obviously not...but...

The thing about the QB getting pressured is on the coaches as well. That's when you have to change stuff. Last year (sorry for this)...Notre Dame is playing Michigan, who really liked to come after the QB, and get their DL guys upfield....9 of the first 20 plays ND ran, screens. and they also ran 3 Draws. 12 of 20 plays, designed to get the DL confused and questioning what they should be doing. THAT'S how you get time for your QB, you make the DL think, and trust me, DL guys don't like to think, they like to react....or is it they can't think? (sorry, that's the OL in me)

Badgepack
09-12-2006, 09:55 AM
But will Favre look to or throw to any of them but Driver.

Until he has faith in them, he doesn't give them alot of looks.

I know it has to do with the other WR's getting open, and Favre having some time to look thru the reads.

It will be interesting to see what he will do with KR.

pbmax
09-12-2006, 11:19 AM
Have we even seen a screen in preseason? Or a draw?

Its ironic the Packers are going old school while the Badgers have thrown to the RBs more in two games with B2 than Alvarez's entire career.

I am curious if the Packers make any advances technique wise this week. McCarthy and Jags both mentioned this after the game. But it seems like in season practices are not the time to refine technique.

Christl mentioned that an NFL obsever at Packer practice said they seemed to do less individual work and drills this year than under Sherman. I wonder if this is the result.

GoPack06
09-12-2006, 11:42 AM
I think the Packers should go right at the Saints LB's. I would bet that Franks and the other TE's have a big game.

It should also help in the run game.

ND72
09-12-2006, 11:49 AM
totally agree...their LB's are pretty weak. Their DB's aren't very strong either. They have a decent DL, but the rest is EH at best. Saints should, SHOULD get a whole lot of Bubba, Lee and/or Martin (by the way, what was with him playing so much this last week?) Quick slants should be nice and open too.