PDA

View Full Version : The official Allen Lazard fan club!

RashanGary
09-12-2020, 04:03 PM
Be an Allen Lazard fan before it's cool. Came into the league 230, running 4.55. Goes 220 now and I'm sure a high 4.4 guy! The athleticism knock is a lie. Lizards a beast and future Packer HOfer!

RashanGary
09-12-2020, 04:05 PM
Look up his RAS score. He's an elite athlete! Don't buy the lizard hate!

Bretsky
09-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Be an Allen Lazard fan before it's cool. Came into the league 230, running 4.55. Goes 220 now and I'm sure a high 4.4 guy! The athleticism knock is a lie. Lizards a beast and future Packer HOfer!

Hope you are right

I think he's a #4 on a team with talent at WR

call_me_ishmael
09-12-2020, 08:58 PM
Yeah for real. I’m not even convinced he’s on the roster next year. At this point, he’s just a guy. We shall see.

GB-Brandon
09-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Look up his RAS score. He's an elite athlete! Don't buy the lizard hate!

I don’t think anybody hates Lazard. More like “Hate Gute” for putting us in this situation and depriving our HOF QB and Fans once again of the talent that is deserved.

Bretsky
09-12-2020, 10:04 PM
I don’t think anybody hates Lazard. More like “Hate Gute” for putting us in this situation and depriving our HOF QB and Fans once again of the talent that is deserved.

I like the Lizard !

RashanGary
09-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Small sample, but most tenacious WR I remember in Green Bay. James Jones fought for the ball with similar tenacity, but Lizard does everything like he's pissed off and is trying to hurt someone. I like it.

RashanGary
09-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Davante ran a 4.56 at 212 pounds coming out. Lazard ran a 4.55 at 227.

He's leaned out and got his diet on point according to fluff pieces last year. I'd bet he goes about 217 now and runs a 4.47 or something of the like. He's just a vastly underrated athlete IMO.

And so natural at everything. Fierce ST player. Fierce blocker. Just good at everything. And 12 says he's real smart with his routes. He's a be a player

call_me_ishmael
09-13-2020, 12:08 AM
It doesn't matter how fast someone runs on a track. If he were a super talented player, he wouldn't have been an undrafted free agent. The odds of him contributing and being a good player are very slim.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 12:48 AM
Tell that to Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Lane Taylor and the Butte QB who couldn't go to a real college.

Just get in the Lizard aquarium before all of the cozy rocks are taken.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 12:54 AM
Or John Randall, Wes Welker, Tony Romo and Antonio Gates. The HOF has a nice undrafted representation.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 12:58 AM
Adam theilen went undrafted too. Vikings kinda like him

texaspackerbacker
09-13-2020, 12:58 AM
I like your spirit, RG. I have a more positive impression of Lazard than I ever did James Jones. Big guys with decent speed who can catch are hard to find. Lazard should be all three of those things.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-13-2020, 03:10 AM
I like your spirit, RG. I have a more positive impression of Lazard than I ever did James Jones. Big guys with decent speed who can catch are hard to find. Lazard should be all three of those things.

Big guys with GREAT speed who can catch rocks are even harder to find.

Lazard’s a poor man’s Miles Austin. They ain’t snowflakes in that there are plenty of Lazards and Austins on the streets of Baltimore. DK Metcalf, 6-5, 230, 4.3 40, on the other hand, is a diamond in the rye.

German Shepherd shoulda drafted Metcalf instead of the fucking center. And while we’re agonizing over missed opportunities, German Shepherd also shoulda drafted Taylor Rapp over Savage.

Rapp is Asian but he games a lot like hip hop safety Harrison Smith. Savage is a poor man’s Charlie Peprah.

George Cumby
09-13-2020, 01:09 PM
I’m in.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 03:51 PM
I’m in.

Lizard!!!

MVS had his ups and downs there. Clearly Lazard is the guy who you can count on for being more consistent.

Guiness
09-13-2020, 04:07 PM
Lizard!!!

MVS had his ups and downs there. Clearly Lazard is the guy who you can count on for being more consistent.

He had 4 receptions on 4 targets in today's season opener against the Vikings. If he can hold onto the ball like that his decent speed and good size are going to continue to cause problems for defenses.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 04:13 PM
He had 4 receptions on 4 targets in today's season opener against the Vikings. If he can hold onto the ball like that his decent speed and good size are going to continue to cause problems for defenses.

Unbelievable. I kinda thought he had this in him but he looks a tick faster than last year too. He’s a grinder. He’s always gonna get better. Love that guy! So tough and competitive and smart and talented too. No way this guy fails!

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 04:15 PM
Kirk Cousins looked better than I’ve ever seen him too, on a different note. Faster, more elusive, really good on the run. He’s a top 5 QB right now IMO.

Rodgers
Mahommes
Wilson
Lamar
Cousins

Weirdly, really, he looks that good this year. Maybe top six cuz of Watson. But Watson is in a bad situation so Kirks year should be better

call_me_ishmael
09-13-2020, 10:47 PM
Tell that to Tramon Williams, Sam Shields, Lane Taylor and the Butte QB who couldn't go to a real college.

Just get in the Lizard aquarium before all of the cozy rocks are taken.

Aaron Rodgers was a first round pick. The other guys were decent players for a few years. Now do the inverse - how many players like Lazard ever become anything? For every Tramon or Sticky Sam, there are 50 that flame out.

run pMc
09-13-2020, 10:56 PM
Kirk Cousins looked better than I’ve ever seen him too, on a different note. Faster, more elusive, really good on the run. He’s a top 5 QB right now IMO.

Rodgers
Mahommes
Wilson
Lamar
Cousins

Weirdly, really, he looks that good this year. Maybe top six cuz of Watson. But Watson is in a bad situation so Kirks year should be better

I think you're overrating Cousins. I don't think Cousins is terrible -- he's capable of stringing together some good games, and I think he's an above-average starting QB. I don't think he's in the class of Mahomes or Rodgers. I mean, Minny did pretty well with Case fricking Keenum before they had Cousins at QB, and they haven't really done much better with him.

Thought experiment: If MIN replaced Keenum with Rodgers or Mahomes would it be a different story? I think Rodgers throwing to Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph with Cook in the backfield over the last few seasons would be a scary thing, especially paired with Zimmer's D.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 11:21 PM
Aaron Rodgers was a first round pick. The other guys were decent players for a few years. Now do the inverse - how many players like Lazard ever become anything? For every Tramon or Sticky Sam, there are 50 that flame out.

Watch him play. It's all you need to know. Draft position don't matter once a guy is in the NFL. If you watched.the games. You'd know he's talented.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 11:22 PM
I think you're overrating Cousins. I don't think Cousins is terrible -- he's capable of stringing together some good games, and I think he's an above-average starting QB. I don't think he's in the class of Mahomes or Rodgers. I mean, Minny did pretty well with Case fricking Keenum before they had Cousins at QB, and they haven't really done much better with him.

Thought experiment: If MIN replaced Keenum with Rodgers or Mahomes would it be a different story? I think Rodgers throwing to Diggs, Thielen and Rudolph with Cook in the backfield over the last few seasons would be a scary thing, especially paired with Zimmer's D.

The way cousins played today, I have no doubt that offense is scary right now

QBME
09-14-2020, 12:38 AM
I'm on the Lazard bandwagon.

Love the Lizard - quick, stealthy and on the move.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 12:46 AM

But he already has passed the flame out stage. He is an NFL receiver and will be for years. Personally I'm more on the MVS bandwagon. I believe MVS has a better year than Lazard, but to be honest, our top 3 are proving to be a lot better than anyone gave them credit for (except JH who has them all in the HoF)

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2020, 09:00 AM

I've been on this bandwagon for awhile. You're late to the party. I doubt he improved his 40 from 4.55 to 4.4s though.

run pMc
09-14-2020, 09:30 AM
I'm on. Lazard should be a #3 WR and MVS a #4. Adams can be a #1 but I still don't see a #2 WR on this team. You can argue they don't need one if they spread the ball around, but there are going to be teams with shutdown corners that give the WRs trouble.

All that said, I like Lazard better than MVS because he's more consistent and reliable. MVS has his moments and is more physically talented. I'm rooting for MVS to clean up those drops and learn to track/catch the deep ball, but I'm afraid he might not get much better at it. 6-4 guys who run sub 4.4 are rare though.

run pMc
09-14-2020, 09:33 AM
I've been on this bandwagon for awhile. You're late to the party. I doubt he improved his 40 from 4.55 to 4.4s though.

Agree. I doubt Lazard is faster than a 4.5. I'm more concerned with his ability to separate, be in the right place, and catch contested throws. With his size that's what matters. I don't think he's ever going to outrun many corners, but he can use his size/muscle/smarts to beat them a la Anquan Boldin.

call_me_ishmael
09-14-2020, 09:44 AM
But he already has passed the flame out stage. He is an NFL receiver and will be for years. Personally I'm more on the MVS bandwagon. I believe MVS has a better year than Lazard, but to be honest, our top 3 are proving to be a lot better than anyone gave them credit for (except JH who has them all in the HoF)

He may be an NFL receiver but I predict he's just a guy. #4 or #5 on most teams floating around where they're always on the bubble or at risk or getting cut. We shall see how it shakes out. He looked good in his limited action last year.

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 10:24 AM

He has to do this because his big “Top 5 Defense Narrative” is about to go right out the window.

Any average fan can tell that Minnesota’s offense is rather average compared to the rest of the league. All the sudden he is painting them like some offensive juggernaut!!!!

RashanGary
09-14-2020, 11:38 AM

Most of the conversation all offseason was how our receivers suck and Rodgers can't do it alone. None of that happened.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 11:40 AM
I'm on. Lazard should be a #3 WR and MVS a #4. Adams can be a #1 but I still don't see a #2 WR on this team. You can argue they don't need one if they spread the ball around, but there are going to be teams with shutdown corners that give the WRs trouble.

All that said, I like Lazard better than MVS because he's more consistent and reliable. MVS has his moments and is more physically talented. I'm rooting for MVS to clean up those drops and learn to track/catch the deep ball, but I'm afraid he might not get much better at it. 6-4 guys who run sub 4.4 are rare though.

Since I seem to be the only MVS fan here I will ask you. If Lazard is better than MVS show me his 6 targets. Even on the ugly drops MVS had massive separation (which is what made the drops so bad). He had 2 big contested catches. I think he had at least 3 first downs on his 4 catches, 2 of which were BIG plays. Might have been all 4 catches, I don't recall the 4th.

Lazard is a nice player. I like him, but he probably doesn't have true #2 upside. MVS actually has #1 upside.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 11:41 AM
He may be an NFL receiver but I predict he's just a guy. #4 or #5 on most teams floating around where they're always on the bubble or at risk or getting cut. We shall see how it shakes out. He looked good in his limited action last year.

I am not predicting a big career. I simply would say he won't worry about being employed for the next 8-10 years. He will likely be a #3 here or elsewhere for nearly a decade.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 11:42 AM
Most of the conversation all offseason was how our receivers suck and Rodgers can't do it alone. None of that happened.

JH...that of course is exactly why he is desperately attempting to change the conversation. If you are proven horrendously wrong, scream louder about something else.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 11:45 AM
He has to do this because his big “Top 5 Defense Narrative” is about to go right out the window.

Any average fan can tell that Minnesota’s offense is rather average compared to the rest of the league. All the sudden he is painting them like some offensive juggernaut!!!!

I don't think many were saying it was a top 5 defense. That is why I said I wouldn't have taken a WR in the draft and I would have taken Queen. Defense wins championships, but you spent an offseason whining about WRs. Now its time to change the narrative. You should use all CAPS so we understand its time to move past your horrendously failing argument of Rodgers not having the weapons he needs. If you scream loudly enough we might all forget your 3 month narrative and believe you were crying about defense all off season.

call_me_ishmael
09-14-2020, 11:48 AM
I am not predicting a big career. I simply would say he won't worry about being employed for the next 8-10 years. He will likely be a #3 here or elsewhere for nearly a decade.

That's where we disagree. I think that is a stretch to say the least. Not very many players play in the NFL for 8 years. Most of them that do are very good players or at least very good athletes that are drafted high. It's impossible to tell now but I would personally be surprised if he were on a roster in 4 years.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 12:03 PM
That's where we disagree. I think that is a stretch to say the least. Not very many players play in the NFL for 8 years. Most of them that do are very good players or at least very good athletes that are drafted high. It's impossible to tell now but I would personally be surprised if he were on a roster in 4 years.

You might be correct. He might look better than he is because he has Rodgers. I might be over stating it as a #3. But I think as a #4 he is nearly a lock and he can play solid ST as well. At his size I think he stays employed for sure.

Patler
09-14-2020, 12:28 PM
MVS seems to lack pro athlete focus, and it does not appear to have improved at all from his rookie season. He made a nice catch on the TD reception. Good, but not anything "special". He got open working against inexperienced DBs. Again, good, but not anything "special".

The drops were atrocious. You can't spin getting open into a positive when the player drops a perfectly thrown ball after getting open. He has to complete the play. I could overlook one drop, stuff happens, but two in the same game shows him to be unreliable. Unfortunately, that was not all there was on the negative side of his game.

He also had a first down reception that I thought was a gift. He didn't seem to know where the marker was, caught the ball with his back upfield, went easily out of bounds and made no push or any effort to get the extra step or half-step to ensure first down distance. I thought the spot was an absolute gift when the replay showed where his feet were relative to the marker, and where the ball was relative to his feet. I was surprised the Vikings didn't challenge the spot. The "pro" move is to secure the ball and push backwards upfield to make sure you have the distance.

His blocking was sloppy, and included a holding call.

MVS has to prove himself soon. He should know that. I saw nothing yesterday that changed my perspective on him from his rookie season. He has size and speed that he can and does use to advantage at times, but he makes far too many mistakes to be relied on when games are on the line.

Patler
09-14-2020, 12:41 PM
I like Lazard. He seems to have the focus and effort that MVS appears to lack. But, at this point he still has to prove he can be more than a newer version of Geronimo Allison. Everything being said about him by AR, coaches, reporters and fans was also said about Allison going into his 2nd and subsequent seasons. Lazard still has to prove he can "be the guy" when a team focuses on taking Adams away, that he can still produce when teams know him better, including his strengths and weaknesses and that he can produce when the inevitable nagging injuries from the wear and tear of a long season take their toll.

This is not a negative at all, just trying to be realistic about where he is right now. He can still go either direction from here.

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2020, 02:08 PM
I'm with Patler, but I'm more bullish on Lazard. Athletically, he is a big upgrade on Allison, Ruvell, and Boykin (one year wonders). I'd be very surprised if Lazard doesn't have a typical James Jones like year (~700 yards and 6-7 TDs).

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 02:25 PM
I don't think many were saying it was a top 5 defense. That is why I said I wouldn't have taken a WR in the draft and I would have taken Queen. Defense wins championships, but you spent an offseason whining about WRs. Now its time to change the narrative. You should use all CAPS so we understand its time to move past your horrendously failing argument of Rodgers not having the weapons he needs. If you scream loudly enough we might all forget your 3 month narrative and believe you were crying about defense all off season.

I’ve been “Very Consistent at addressing team needs” which was a gigantic failure this offseason. You can spin it anyway you want.

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 02:28 PM
Per PFF yesterday

D. Adams 84.0
Tyler Ervin 75.7
Allen Lazard 70.0
MVS 57.5

run pMc
09-14-2020, 02:49 PM
I suppose you can spin this as only being one game, but still...

Aaron Rodgers was nearly unstoppable when targeting wide receivers on Sunday. He completed 22 of 27 passes targeting Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Allen Lazard, and the 22 completions gained 315 yards and resulted in all four touchdown passes. Rodgers’ passer rating when targeting the three receivers was 154.9. A “perfect” passer rating is 158.3.

Rodgers to Adams: 14 completions, 17 attempts, 156 yards, two touchdowns
Rodgers to Valdes-Scantling: 4 completions, 6 attempts, 96 yards, one touchdown
Rodgers to Lazard: 4 completions, 4 attempts, 63 yards, one touchdown

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/7-things-to-know-from-packers-43-34-win-over-vikings/

If MVS doesn't drop those two passes, those numbers would be even better. The WRs played well, and the QB played lights out.

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 02:59 PM
I suppose you can spin this as only being one game, but still...

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/7-things-to-know-from-packers-43-34-win-over-vikings/

If MVS doesn't drop those two passes, those numbers would be even better. The WRs played well, and the QB played lights out.

The problem is MVS has a history of drops and he offers zero in 50/50 balls as he demonstrated yesterday in his failed effort at one.

This has been an ongoing thing in both categories. We’re in year 3 now!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 03:00 PM
Do you guys really trust MVS in January with the game on the line with 4th and 7?

I sure the hell don’t and if you do your crazy.

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 03:04 PM
Lazard is nothing special but at least he will catch the damn ball.

texaspackerbacker
09-14-2020, 10:49 PM
I applaud Rodgers for sticking with Valdez-Scantling after the two drops. The guy has star potential, and I think he outgrows the drop thing. Lazard too is a damn good player. Obviously, somebody among the team decison makers knew that when they didn't draft a WR. And we haven't even seen St.Brown yet. I wish they would greatly de-emphasize TEs in the game and get him on the field, maybe Malik Taylor too.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 11:48 PM
I'm with Patler, but I'm more bullish on Lazard. Athletically, he is a big upgrade on Allison, Ruvell, and Boykin (one year wonders). I'd be very surprised if Lazard doesn't have a typical James Jones like year (~700 yards and 6-7 TDs).

I can agree with a lot of what Patler says, but I think at the end of the season MVS will have proven a much more effective weapon. Lazard does other things though. Better blocker. Maybe more reliable to be exactly where you want him. MVS still isn't a finished product by any means, but James Jones went through a serious case of the drops on those over the top throws before leading the NFL in TDs.

Upnorth
09-15-2020, 10:36 AM
To me mvs is our deep threat and used appropriately can make our game way better even if he has the drops.
Lizard is our lunch box wr also equally important but not a star.

Neither is but neither needs to be.

If we want a star we trade for obj when everyone is down on him.

run pMc
09-15-2020, 10:54 AM
If someone were to tell me GB would keep Cook + Mattison to <= 100yards while Davante gets over 100 with 2TDs and MVS catches 4/6 for 96 yards and TD, I'd gladly take that.

If MVS averaged that all year that would be pretty incredible. Not gonna happen, but it's a good start.

I think MVS is more talented, but I think Lazard is better/more consistent and belongs ahead of him (barely) on the depth chart.
MVS as a deep threat helps make the short/intermediate stuff to Davante/Lazard work.

If you want to complain about drops, DK Metcalf and AJ Brown had some bad ones, so did Saquon and we know about De'Andre Swift. Davante had at least one drop Sunday too. You can always find something negative if you look. ;)

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2020, 11:02 AM
I applaud Rodgers for sticking with Valdez-Scantling after the two drops. The guy has star potential, and I think he outgrows the drop thing. Lazard too is a damn good player. Obviously, somebody among the team decison makers knew that when they didn't draft a WR. And we haven't even seen St.Brown yet. I wish they would greatly de-emphasize TEs in the game and get him on the field, maybe Malik Taylor too.

Agree about taking out the TEs. Ain’t like the Packers have Hillbilly Kettle or White Chocolate Kelce on the team.

For some odd reason, the Frog refuses to run 4-5 WRs sets, not even on 3rd and 100. 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB formations (the 11’s) are so old school. I still remember Favre running the 11’s under center every fucking time back when the Holmgren refused do the shotgun.

McCarthy used 4-5 WRs sets liberally.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 11:17 AM
Agree about taking out the TEs. Ain’t like the Packers have Hillbilly Kettle or White Chocolate Kelce on the team.

For some odd reason, the Frog refuses to run 4-5 WRs sets, not even on 3rd and 100. 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 RB formations (the 11’s) are so old school. I still remember Favre running the 11’s under center every fucking time back when the Holmgren refused do the shotgun.

McCarthy used 4-5 WRs sets liberally.

That’s what Rodgers belongs in. “5 Wide and Burn Rubber” with “Weapons of Mass Destruction”

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2020, 11:27 AM
That’s what Rodgers belongs in. “5 Wide and Burn Rubber” with “Weapons of Mass Destruction”

In my 2019 “My Mastery Mockery of a Draft,” I argued for the Pack to take DK Metcalf, Ridley Riley and Andy Isabella. That drafted woulda given the Great Arm of Butte a tons of WMDs, no doubt.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 11:34 AM
In my 2019 “My Mastery Mockery of a Draft,” I argued for the Pack to take DK Metcalf, Ridley Riley and Andy Isabella. That drafted woulda given the Great Arm of Butte a tons of WMDs, no doubt.

If I had it my way they would have Courtland Sutton and Parris Campbell right now along with Joe Mixon.

Either scenario we’d be way better off!!!

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 11:48 AM
Could you guys imagine P. Campbell on that pitch play LaFluer likes? Talk about a “House Call”!!!!!!

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2020, 01:27 PM
Do you guys really trust MVS in January with the game on the line with 4th and 7?

I sure the hell don’t and if you do your crazy.

Jeff Janis caught not one but TWO Hail Marys in a January game. All they did was bench Janis.

MVS drops bombs after bombs after bombs. He’s nowhere near a doghouse.

Must be a black and white thing, eh?

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 01:50 PM
Jeff Janis caught not one but TWO Hail Marys in a January game. All they did was bench Janis.

MVS drops bombs after bombs after bombs. He’s nowhere near a doghouse.

Must be a black and white thing, eh?

That’s just it. By the playoffs last year MVS was in the doghouse and is probably headed there again if this continues. The problem is we have nobody else. EQ didn’t even make the game day roster yet Gute was so so bullish on him!!!

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 01:52 PM
It’s time to make a TRADE!!!!! Our season depends on it!!!

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 01:55 PM
People say I need to admit I’m wrong? Hell Noooooooooooo!!!!!!

Brian Gutekunst needs to Fucken admit that he is way way way wrong and go get another weapon!!!

RashanGary
09-15-2020, 02:43 PM

Brian Gutekunst needs to Fucken admit that he is way way way wrong and go get another weapon!!!

:lol:

run pMc
09-15-2020, 03:53 PM
It’s time to make a TRADE!!!!! Our season depends on it!!!

This is gold. Part of me wonders if this is pb being a troll or satirizing fandom.

RashanGary
09-27-2020, 11:52 PM
There’s still room on the train for you, Brandon

GB-Brandon
09-27-2020, 11:56 PM
I don’t worship receivers that get ran down from ten yards behind with only ten yards to pay dirt.

Sorry.

He isn’t Jordy. Never will be. Physically he is what he is. Good kid. Hard worker. Good player. Good teammate.

I’d have no problem with him being the no.3

Joemailman
09-28-2020, 12:05 AM
Packers didn't score 40 tonight. Brandon is right.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 12:34 AM
Here is the deal. I don’t think Lazard was the question mark heading into this game. It was guys beyond Lazard. We already knew Lazard could play. We wanted to see what we had after Lazard.

Nobody else had emerged other then getting Sternberger to actually catch the ball but that is the TE group which is fine.

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 12:48 AM
According to the guy who’s knob you polish in your dreams (AR12), MVS got extra attention tonight. On MVS Twitter he said that 17 coverage is something else....

Apparently professional football coaches think MVS has emerged. But what do they know compared to you, Brandon?

And 13 is 9th in the league in receiving yards. A solid #4

Sure thing, clown shoes.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 01:16 AM
According to the guy who’s knob you polish in your dreams (AR12), MVS got extra attention tonight. On MVS Twitter he said that 17 coverage is something else....

Apparently professional football coaches think MVS has emerged. But what do they know compared to you, Brandon?

And 13 is 9th in the league in receiving yards. A solid #4

Sure thing, clown shoes.

So what? They played it certain way. They probably thought Lazard was to slow to beat them.
By the way some people talk of MVS around here he should be able to beat double teams anyways.

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 01:25 AM
So what? They played it certain way. They probably thought Lazard was to slow to beat them.
By the way some people talk of MVS around here he should be able to beat double teams anyways.

With 17, 33 and 13 playing the way they are, if MVS is a two bomb a day guy who forces defenses to honor that deep stuff every play, he’s more than earned the #3 role. And 13 being 9th in the nfl in receiving yards pretty much nails down his #2 legitimacy. You were wrong clown shoes

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 01:48 AM
With 17, 33 and 13 playing the way they are, if MVS is a two bomb a day guy who forces defenses to honor that deep stuff every play, he’s more than earned the #3 role. And 13 being 9th in the nfl in receiving yards pretty much nails down his #2 legitimacy. You were wrong clown shoes

Once again your betting on them all staying healthy all season which is why your a shitty gambler.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 01:52 AM
One of my main points has been building a rotation to safeguard better from injury that will help during playoff football. I’m not sure Taylor and Shepard fit the bill.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 01:54 AM
You’d think that Packer fans that are so used to coming up Fucken short so much would understand this shit!!!

Let me ask you a serious question?

Do you like coming up short? Is that fun for you?

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 01:57 AM
See, because when we come up short “we’re“ wearing the clown shoes you jackass!!!

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 02:08 AM
31 teams come up short every year dip shit. Get over yourself.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2020, 02:14 AM
I said during the off-season I wished they would use Lazard as a TE. Officially they do not, but on a lot of run plays, he was lined up next to the tackle and did some nice blocking. And on most of his pass plays, he ran exactly the kind of pattern you have a top notch TE run if you have one - especially the two big plays.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 02:19 AM
I said during the off-season I wished they would use Lazard as a TE. Officially they do not, but on a lot of run plays, he was lined up next to the tackle and did some nice blocking. And on most of his pass plays, he ran exactly the kind of pattern you have a top notch TE run if you have one - especially the two big plays.

Pretty good insight. I was just pondering that rewatching this. He is very very slow for a WR. He is a good blocker. I think TE would really be where he could shine if he put on a little weight. He might be a better TE then WR and in some ways he is being used that way with route concepts tonight. Maybe he makes that full transition next year.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2020, 07:12 AM
Actually, I prefer to leave it like it is, especially if Tonyan and Sternberger also are a little bit like hybrids. I disagree that Lazard was all that slow too. Maybe on the back end of those long pass plays, he's got above average speed for a big possession WR. Getting St. Brown back would really round out the crew. I was a little disappointed that Turner didn't get the ball thrown to him, given Rodgers' tendency to spread it around. Maybe that's still coming.

run pMc
09-28-2020, 10:59 AM
I'm OK with Lazard running a 4.6. Dude is 6-5 230 and all he does is get open. The first bomb he caught he was stumbling and made a helluva catch. The second one it looked like the defender was faster and had the angle. That happens. Complaining about that is kinda splitting hairs; It still put the ball on the 1 or 2 yard line, which should be enough for Jones to punch it in.

Lazard isn't known for being a burner. If he'd been clocked at 4.45 I'd be more concerned.

I think he's more of a quality #3 than a #2WR, but I'm on the bandwagon.

Joemailman
10-01-2020, 08:14 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/3t7RAFhu75Wwg/giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47dvs8d2v910m83nib9faoy0zdztr auci6ricwf11g&rid=giphy.webp

Sparkey
10-01-2020, 08:43 PM
Lazard...... You are the weakest link.

Or at least one abdominal muscle was... ☹️

Sparkey
10-01-2020, 08:45 PM
Good thing Tyler Ervin has been practicing with the WR group.....

Who, if anyone, steps up?

run pMc
10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
Good thing Tyler Ervin has been practicing with the WR group.....

Who, if anyone, steps up?

Aaron Jones.

Tony Oday
10-02-2020, 03:21 PM
Time to run the wishbone!

texaspackerbacker
10-02-2020, 07:48 PM
No, Tony. That time might be if Rodgers got hurt, and we used Love with Dillon, Williams, and Jones.

Sparkey
10-02-2020, 10:42 PM
Wishbone ? Nahhh, Don Morton's Veer Offense.

What a Badger memory that is!

run pMc
10-03-2020, 03:20 PM
What a memory indeed. Replacing him with Alvarez changed everything.