PDA

View Full Version : Knee

Mappleyard
09-13-2020, 11:22 AM
I absolutely love the Packers, have since I was a little kid.

Saying that I must say that if the players take a KNEE I will NOT watch them play.

Smidgeon
09-14-2020, 09:48 PM
Seriously. What the f**k is this? As I see it, there are three possibilities:

1. Mappleyard is a longtime lurker, first time poster. If so, he or she knows the rules of the FYI room and has seen what's been happening on this forum lately but chose to ignore it. If this is the case, he or she is just here to stir up shit.
2. Mappleyard is an alternative account of a regular poster. If so, he or she is the same as the above except 100 times worse. If this is the case, he or she is here to purposefully stir up even more shit.
3. Mappleyard is a first time visitor, first time poster. If so, he or she came here with a single agenda. No comment about the Viking game, no comment in the game day thread, no comment in any of the post game threads, nothing. This person just came here to--you guessed it--stir up shit. Either that or I concede the possibility none of his or her friends or family share his or her opinion and he wanted a "safe place" to express these opinions.

We already have far too many people here who are dedicated to stirring up shit. We don't need another. Take it to the FYI.

I apologize for the language.

George Cumby
09-14-2020, 10:06 PM
FFS.

Patler
09-14-2020, 10:14 PM
Reading the title, I thought this would be about Lane Taylor's injury. :(

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 11:51 PM
You are free to not watch and you are free to not comment. If you are unaware, we don't discuss this type of topic here. Go to FYI if you wish to discuss it. Many of us enjoy the conversation and banter there.

sharpe1027
09-15-2020, 06:09 AM
New poster is clearly talking about the victory formation at the end of the game. Never take your foot off the gas, run up the score!

Upnorth
09-15-2020, 10:26 AM
Loosing Taylor to a knee injury for the season is disappointing but I think I will watch the rest of the games.

run pMc
09-15-2020, 11:14 AM
Uh... they didn't take a knee (except for Boyle). They didn't come out of the locker room for the Anthem.

I know I'm risking blowback and all the FYI stuff, but here goes:

Nate Boyer, who did multiple tours of duty for the Army in Iraq and Afghanistan in six years, was so bothered that Kaepernick was sitting on the bench during the national anthem that he wrote Kaepernick an open letter in the Army Times newspaper, and Kaepernick was moved enough to reach out and meet him for guidance. Boyer explained to Kaepernick that a man kneels to propose to his wife ... kneels to be knighted ... kneels to pray before God ... and, when he or she is a soldier, kneels at the grave of brothers and sisters who have died in combat. Kneeling can convey a lot of things ranging from love to humility to grief, Boyer explained, but it does not ever seem to convey disrespect.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29860915/colin-kaepernick-absence-haunt-nfl

reminder: it was about protesting police brutality and racism, not the flag or America. People need to get the facts and not overreact.

run pMc
09-15-2020, 11:15 AM
Loosing Taylor to a knee injury for the season is disappointing but I think I will watch the rest of the games.

Ditto. Too bad about loosing Taylor ;)

call_me_ishmael
09-15-2020, 11:17 AM
I feel bad for Lane Taylor. He isn't a star but he seemed like a good Packer who worked hard. Sucks to have that happen two seasons in a row for him.

Guiness
09-15-2020, 11:50 AM

I did yesterday too, read the top 3 comments (the only ones here at the time) and turned right around!

But the thread is all better now, so let's have at it. Really too bad for Taylor, a former UDFA who played his way into a $5m/year contract and has been hurt 2 of 3 years since. He's going to have a tough road back.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-15-2020, 12:48 PM
Uh... they didn't take a knee (except for Boyle). They didn't come out of the locker room for the Anthem.

reminder: it was about protesting police brutality and racism, not the flag or America. People need to get the facts and not overreact.

Word.

run pMc
09-15-2020, 04:04 PM
I did yesterday too, read the top 3 comments (the only ones here at the time) and turned right around!

But the thread is all better now, so let's have at it. Really too bad for Taylor, a former UDFA who played his way into a $5m/year contract and has been hurt 2 of 3 years since. He's going to have a tough road back.

Yeah, it's a tough blow for him in a contract year, and tough for the right side of the line. Taylor can run block, and apparently he was crushing it in pass blocking during camp (undefeated in 1-1's). 2 years in a row on IR -- I wonder if his body is breaking down, or if someone offers him a prove it deal next year.

sharpe1027
09-15-2020, 07:20 PM
Packers took a knee to seal the game. Mapple is out.

Sparkey
09-15-2020, 08:42 PM

That's what I was expecting.

bobblehead
09-16-2020, 05:42 PM

I can fact check your reminder but this isn't the place. Please leave falsehoods for FYI where I can appropriately respond.

run pMc
09-17-2020, 12:04 PM
I can fact check your reminder but this isn't the place. Please leave falsehoods for FYI where I can appropriately respond.

I try to avoid FYI; too Q-ish for me and I prefer to think better of fellow posters.
https://www.tmj4.com/sports/green-bay-packers/green-bay-packers-stay-in-locker-room-for-national-anthem
https://www.nfl.com/news/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem-0ap3000000691077

run pMc
09-17-2020, 12:05 PM
Switching back to Taylor, is he worth bringing back next year? He's been good when healthy, but IDK if he can't stay that way anymore or if it's two freak injuries in a row.

Joemailman
09-17-2020, 12:21 PM
Switching back to Taylor, is he worth bringing back next year? He's been good when healthy, but IDK if he can't stay that way anymore or if it's two freak injuries in a row.He'll be a 31 year old free agent who won't be fully recovered from ACL when free agency starts next year. He'll probably be available for vet minimum at whatever point he can pass a physical.

texaspackerbacker
09-17-2020, 12:38 PM
Yes, and that minimal risk is something they should take, maybe with some performance incentives thrown in.

bobblehead
09-18-2020, 11:44 AM
I try to avoid FYI; too Q-ish for me and I prefer to think better of fellow posters.
https://www.tmj4.com/sports/green-bay-packers/green-bay-packers-stay-in-locker-room-for-national-anthem
https://www.nfl.com/news/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem-0ap3000000691077

And you continue to argue politics in the football forum. Not too bright this one. I won't debate with you here. You can carry on with being wrong with no one to argue with you.

Edit: And if the moderators stay true to their word, this should be an automatic 2 week suspension.