Studs:

Rodgers.
Jaire Alexander
Adams
Running Game

Duds:

Fourth quarter D
Injuries
Minny's fans. Sounded like a tomb in there. Sheesh.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 11:30 PM
Rodgers
Adams
Jones/Williams
OL Depth
Jaire
King
Lazard/MVS big plays

Duds
Savage gave up a bad TD
MVS Drops
Defuara ran an awful half assed wheel route when there was a LB on him and nothing but free and clear green grass in front of him. Just an awful rookie route.
Lafleur played too.much of Deguara and Sternberger. Shoulda just stuck with the guys who were performing not the youngins, but I guess they try to develop talent so maybe that was it. Some good teaching tape for some bad young players.
Prevent defense

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 11:32 PM
I thought Lowry looked good too. Quicker, faster, stronger.

RashanGary
09-13-2020, 11:34 PM
Run D was pretty solid!

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 01:02 AM
I didn't see most of the game, but someone needs to start this thing:

Studs:

Rodgers.
Jaire Alexander
Adams
Running Game

Duds:

Fourth quarter D
Injuries
Minny's fans. Sounded like a tomb in there. Sheesh.

My problem with your list. Jaire was a big part of the reason the 4th Q D was a dud.

texaspackerbacker
09-14-2020, 01:53 AM
Rodgers - just a routine GOATish performance
Jaire Alexander - turned the game around with those two big plays. I didn't see him getting beat in the 4th quarter, but maybe.
Adams - hopefully he will look elite against better coverage, although I didn't think it was too bad today. He made several catches while pretty well covered.
Running Game - considering the Vikings were set up to stop it

Valdez-Scantling at least 50% stud, Lazard maybe 80% stud

Duds: all the TEs, Kirksey - way more bad plays than good, Savage - not near as good as I hoped for

I won't call Kevin King a dud, but he didn't look near as impressive as many in here have made him out to be. Aaron Jones and Jamal Williams didn't have very special games, but that maybe was because the Vikings did something we've hardly seen for the last ten years or so: they played to stop the run and basically challenged Aaron Rodgers to beat them - what could possibly go wrong with that? hahahahaha

Vincenzo
09-14-2020, 07:12 AM
Run D was pretty solid!
I get that you’re obviously an optimist by nature but face the fact that there were lots of duds yesterday. The defense looked pitiful at times giving up 34 points and a shit load of yards.

The biggest stud of the day in my mind was the time of possession which ended up 41:16 Packers to 18:44 Vikes.

sharpe1027
09-14-2020, 08:19 AM
The lack of pass rush in the fourth quarter was part of the problem. They didn't seem to be mixing up the pressure scheme much. Expect more aggressive calls in the future.

jklowan
09-14-2020, 09:00 AM
I thought that the D looked better, until Clark went out, it got uglier and ugkier as the game went on and by the end we seemed to be just hanging on. We need better DT depth and fast if this team is gonna compete when it gets cold. By contrast the O-line suffered multiple losses and was able to still hold together.

Sign DL Damon Harrison (https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/10374/damon-harrison) now
and please add this dude OT Prince Tega Wanogho

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2020, 09:04 AM
Rodgers
Adams
Jones/Williams
OL Depth
Jaire
King
Lazard/MVS big plays

Duds
Savage gave up a bad TD
MVS Drops
Defuara ran an awful half assed wheel route when there was a LB on him and nothing but free and clear green grass in front of him. Just an awful rookie route.
Lafleur played too.much of Deguara and Sternberger. Shoulda just stuck with the guys who were performing not the youngins, but I guess they try to develop talent so maybe that was it. Some good teaching tape for some bad young players.
Prevent defense

Williams? 3.0 yards/carry and a little over 5 yards/catch. He might have worked on his hands, but he wasn't any more athletic than last year. He's a quality backup who can do it all, but he's still mostly a JAG. I'm afraid MVS is always going to be a Qadry Ismail clone. Deguara actually did pretty damn well as a blocker. I like the sets where he's the FB. His blocking looks ready and he can be a sneaky weapon out of the backfield.

Tony Oday
09-14-2020, 09:12 AM
I dont think the defense changed at all when Clark went out proving again he is a JAG that was overpaid and overhyped. I never got the Fandom for him.

MVS is much better tha QI because he actually made plays, though his stat line would have been much better with those to drops.

AJ and Dillon lo I ked good running and Williams had some AWESOME itz pick ups.

Smith and the boys did enough to let Coach P let them skate in the 4th.

jklowan
09-14-2020, 09:14 AM
I am going to hold my judgement on the offense as Minny looked really bad on D yesterday. We have some decent d on our schedule this year time will tell. It is really gonna suck if we got this w and loose to detroit due to Clark being out. Gonna need presure on Stafford, even in that stinker yesterday they should have won provided the running back didn't drop a open pas in the endzone to end the game. Stafford put up 300 yards on a shitty day for him, should be a interesting day if Kenney is not playing.

jklowan
09-14-2020, 09:17 AM
Tony how can you say there was no deference when Clark went out. Vikings had 2 pass completions with him in for the half. All the pionts and yards were after Clark went out and it did have it's nail biter feeling at the end as the D just was seemily holding on for dear life imho

pittstang5
09-14-2020, 09:45 AM
DUD - allowing three - 2 point conversions.

I watched some highlights - or rather low lights from the second half from the Packer Defense. Unless I missed something, allowing three 2 point conversions is pretty sad as well.

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 10:04 AM
I thought Lowry looked good too. Quicker, faster, stronger.

Yeah, they certainly put some faster roller skates on him!!!

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 10:11 AM
I get that you’re obviously an optimist by nature but face the fact that there were lots of duds yesterday. The defense looked pitiful at times giving up 34 points and a shit load of yards.

The biggest stud of the day in my mind was the time of possession which ended up 41:16 Packers to 18:44 Vikes.

Yes, the way Rodgers controlled the field and the tempo while gassing the Queens defense was truly Masterful. It also allowed us to somewhat get Minnesota out of the run game which you would think should of helped more.

Tony Oday
09-14-2020, 11:16 AM
Tony how can you say there was no deference when Clark went out. Vikings had 2 pass completions with him in for the half. All the pionts and yards were after Clark went out and it did have it's nail biter feeling at the end as the D just was seemily holding on for dear life imho

8 plays 74 yards and a TD when Clark was in. He is BY FAR the most overrated player on our team.

The Shadow
09-14-2020, 11:29 AM
Yeah, they certainly put some faster roller skates on him!!!

His arms looked longer, too.

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 11:34 AM
The fact is this defense being a top defense was always a FANTASY!!!!

What we learned.

The D-Line is still soft as hell. The front seven is mediocre.

Kirksey can’t get off blocks in the run game. Basically worse then Martinez in run game. Burks can’t even beat out UDFA Kyle Barnes

Safety Play isn’t what it needs to be. So far Savage and Amos aren’t some All-Star duo.

Without Kenny Clark this isn’t even a top 20 defense.

bobblehead
09-14-2020, 11:35 AM

What we learned.

Kirksey can’t get off blocks in the run game. Basically worse then Martinez in run game. Burks can’t even beat out UDFA Kyle Barnes

Safety Play isn’t what it needs to be. So far Savage and Amos aren’t some All-Star duo.

But all offseason you told us it was the lack of weapons on offense that would cost us. Now, in typical fashion, like a karaoke kid you change your tune.

Tony Oday
09-14-2020, 12:03 PM

What we learned.

I think Barnes looked good in there, he actually shed a block or two. Time to bring in Snacks!

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 12:08 PM
But all offseason you told us it was the lack of weapons on offense that would cost us. Now, in typical fashion, like a karaoke kid you change your tune.

Yes, lack of weapons is the main problem moving forward and not having a legit no.2 option outside Adams as I never believed in this pipe dream defense to begin with. I wasn’t the idiot running around bantering “Top 5 Top 5 Top 5”. Etc Etc Etc!!!

So yeah, WE NEED MASSIVE WEAPONS!!!

GB-Brandon
09-14-2020, 12:09 PM
I think Barnes looked good in there, he actually shed a block or two. Time to bring in Snacks!

Yes on Snacks!

HarveyWallbangers
09-14-2020, 12:20 PM
MVS is much better tha QI because he actually made plays, though his stat line would have been much better with those to drops.

Qadry was better than you remember. He actually had two 1000 yard seasons (and a 252 yard game). He had ~350 career receptions for over 5000 yards. But the drops were always there. It never got cleaned up. If GB had lost yesterday and MVS did what he did, we wouldn't look past the drops so much.

Sparkey
09-14-2020, 02:22 PM
I think OL coach Adam Stenavich should be on the Studs list. It was remarkable that with the shuffling players, not once did it seem that there was an serious issues with blocking run or pass.

Sparkey
09-14-2020, 02:26 PM

What we learned.

It's Krys, not Kyle. For an udfa rookie, he looked solid. Your are right, not a good look for Burks that a rookie udfa gets the call and looks better.