PDA

View Full Version : Standing Strong...

ND72
09-12-2006, 09:42 AM
I still support Ted Thompson. you CANNOT put the blame on Thompson for sunday, that is all the coaches...and yeah yeah yeah, thompson hired the coach..blah blah blah. how bout we find somethign else to talk about? Are we seriously going to do this all year long, KNOWING we are a below average team right now? get serious. We are a 4-12 to 7-9 type team. Everyone talks about letting Jennings grow, letting POOP grow, etc.etc....guess what, we have a rookie coach, how bout you let him grow? And yes, I still support McCarthy...I have to, cause nothing is going to happen anytime soon, and if you think differently, you obviously don't know how things work.
No, we did not play well sunday, but guess what, Chicago is pretty damn good....and we're pretty damn bad, I knew that before the game, and so should the rest of you.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 09:43 AM
Nice rant...

ND72
09-12-2006, 09:46 AM
yeah, I loose control sometimes, sorry bout that... :lol:

KYPack
09-12-2006, 05:36 PM
I still support Ted Thompson. you CANNOT put the blame on Thompson for sunday, that is all the coaches...and yeah yeah yeah, thompson hired the coach..blah blah blah. how bout we find somethign else to talk about? Are we seriously going to do this all year long, KNOWING we are a below average team right now? get serious. We are a 4-12 to 7-9 type team. Everyone talks about letting Jennings grow, letting POOP grow, etc.etc....guess what, we have a rookie coach, how bout you let him grow? And yes, I still support McCarthy...I have to, cause nothing is going to happen anytime soon, and if you think differently, you obviously -don't know how things work.
No, we did not play well sunday, but guess what, Chicago is pretty damn good....and we're pretty damn bad, I knew that before the game, and so should the rest of you.

I Dunno, ND.

I got a beef with Thompson in a number of areas:

- OL. all rookie guards? A vet should of been brought in the at least give these guys some tips and tricks. You are an old OL. you know how valuable an old greyhead would've been in helping these kids and giving them valuable inside knowlege on tendencies and personnel. We should have signed a G/T type to fill in and help our youngbloods.

KR We are signing a vet KR in the second week? With all the baggage this guy's got? There were a ton of vet KR's out there for small $ that would've done the job and be a back-up.

DB 4 Rook DB's. NO. Two, OK but 4 kids mean a lot of wide eyed looks and panic. A vet KR/DB would've worked nicely in this spot.

4 TE's bullshit and I need some explanation here.

I ain't sold on TT & MM. M3 might be coaching to the best of his ability, but TT has given him a roster with a ton of holes. All Thomson's mistakes have been him going with the kids. He's got too fucking many kids and it's too late to get the vets that could help.

I think Thompson is inept. He's got to do a 180 or he ain't gonna be here next year.

The 2005 draft was weak and the vet acquistions are not factors.

We are hurtin' for certain.

vince
09-12-2006, 07:26 PM
I still support Ted Thompson. you CANNOT put the blame on Thompson for sunday, that is all the coaches...and yeah yeah yeah, thompson hired the coach..blah blah blah. how bout we find somethign else to talk about? Are we seriously going to do this all year long, KNOWING we are a below average team right now? get serious. We are a 4-12 to 7-9 type team. Everyone talks about letting Jennings grow, letting POOP grow, etc.etc....guess what, we have a rookie coach, how bout you let him grow? And yes, I still support McCarthy...I have to, cause nothing is going to happen anytime soon, and if you think differently, you obviously -don't know how things work.

I Dunno, ND.

I got a beef with Thompson in a number of areas:

- OL. all rookie guards? A vet should of been brought in the at least give these guys some tips and tricks. You are an old OL. you know how valuable an old greyhead would've been in helping these kids and giving them valuable inside knowlege on tendencies and personnel. We should have signed a G/T type to fill in and help our youngbloods.

KR We are signing a vet KR in the second week? With all the baggage this guy's got? There were a ton of vet KR's out there for small $ that would've done the job and be a back-up.

DB 4 Rook DB's. NO. Two, OK but 4 kids mean a lot of wide eyed looks and panic. A vet KR/DB would've worked nicely in this spot.

4 TE's bullshit and I need some explanation here.

I ain't sold on TT & MM. M3 might be coaching to the best of his ability, but TT has given him a roster with a ton of holes. All Thomson's mistakes have been him going with the kids. He's got too fucking many kids and it's too late to get the vets that could help.

I think Thompson is inept. He's got to do a 180 or he ain't gonna be here next year.

The 2005 draft was weak and the vet acquistions are not factors.

We are hurtin' for certain.
I also support most of TT's decisions, ND. And I agree that right now, we are "hurtin for certain." But I don't think that will last past the first half of this year.

His decision to build the foundation of this team through the draft and with youth will pay off - not this year - but next year... And he will go out and sign the right FA's WHEN the time is right. Not overpaying for vet FA's when the foundation of strong and skilled draftees is VERY SOLID strategy.

TT could have overpaid for some guys to get us to maybe 9-7 or 10-6, only to get trounced ONCE AGAIN in the first round of the playoffs by superior teams with stronger foundations... If you want this, then yeah, TT sucks.

But if you want a team that has a chance to achieve dynasty status (granted, it'll take a year or two longer), then TT is the man. I believe we are at the bottom - with a young and inexperienced - but talented - team, and will show impressive growth as the year progresses - probably later in the year.

Next offseason, we'll be in a much better position to understand what we have with this youth, and sign FA's from a position of strength and knowledge, as opposed to weakness and guessing, as we were this offseason...

And put another draft on top of this years class, and you've got the makings of a complete team...

Big question about Favre and how long he'll be around - which will create another big question and could delay the process as well, but there's not much TT can do about that right now...

ND72
09-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I just...I donno. I love my team, and no matter what happens, until I know it just will not work, I will be behind Thompson, McCarthy, and the rest of the bunch.

it's gonna be a rough year...period. It's about growing this year, not winning a championship. You know, if we get somethign going, and are competeing by the end of the year, BONUS. But it's not about that right now.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Ya know, everyone's been complaining about the youth on the o-line, the o-line's gonna get trounced because of the youth, youth youth. The kids were NOT the problem last week and there was a week or two in the preseason where they did just fine as well. I wish you guys would lay off of them. M3 ran up the middle a lot last week and the rushing was the one place where we didn't have a problem. You want vets and we have a couple of vets who, frankly, were outperformed by the kids you guys are complaining about. They won't be perfect every play every week, but they held their own against what I hear is a hell of a good defensive line.

Partial
09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Ya know, everyone's been complaining about the youth on the o-line, the o-line's gonna get trounced because of the youth, youth youth. The kids were NOT the problem last week and there was a week or two in the preseason where they did just fine as well. I wish you guys would lay off of them. M3 ran up the middle a lot last week and the rushing was the one place where we didn't have a problem. You want vets and we have a couple of vets who, frankly, were outperformed by the kids you guys are complaining about. They won't be perfect every play every week, but they held their own against what I hear is a hell of a good defensive line.

Ok, well, has anyone taken a moment to recognize the oline has not looked good for an entire game since Rivera and Wahle were here? Maybe its that Clifton and Tauscher are overrated? Who knows. Something has to change, because this is ridiculous. I have never seen a team have boneheaded, obvious mistakes and accepting such terrible play for potential in the future. You want my take on it? That is moronic because football is all about confidence, and by going so young, they are going to have a team full of underachievers like Joey Harrington, Roy Williams, Charles Rodgers, and Kevin Jones. 4 premier physical specimens who started too soon and lost all confidence and have shown to be nothing but average at best. I think the best place for Moll and Spitz to learn how to play would be on the bench, personally.

No Mo Moss
09-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I blame the players for a lack of execution. I thought everything else was fine.

Green Bud Packer
09-12-2006, 08:54 PM
lack of execution. the shackles of youth

KYPack
09-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm in a crabby mood this week. Anytime we lose to the Bears I ain't too happy. That said, I am down on Thompson's building of the roster. My beef with him isn't just youth on the OLine. I probably have a more of a problem with the 4 rookie DBacks. It's the constant choice of youth over vet value.

I'm not giving up on the Pack, I'll be a huge fan if we go 2 - 14 this season. This GM has got to upgrade this roster with talent. Wolf made the comment that we had NFL Europe talent last season. This year, the roster seems even thinner. His drafts must have an impact some goddamned day. I don't see a lot of guys that are gonna be impact players past the top 3 picks.

Maybe we have a bunch of embryonic superstars on the roster that are gonna mature and blossom, but I don't see many of 'em.

I've said me piece, I know how annoying a constant rhetoric against the GM can be, but man, I am worried.

HarveyWallbangers
09-12-2006, 09:56 PM
That is moronic because football is all about confidence, and by going so young, they are going to have a team full of underachievers like Joey Harrington, Roy Williams, Charles Rodgers, and Kevin Jones. 4 premier physical specimens who started too soon and lost all confidence and have shown to be nothing but average at best.

Never thought I'd see Joey Harrington and premier physical specimen in the same sentence.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
"embryonic superstars" I love that. We have a team full of embryonic superstars. Imagine though, in a couple years when all this youth has been working together since '06, they will be a precision machine. To be honest, though, I'm kinda hoping that M3 eventually drops this whole "take it easy on them and let them learn" attitude. I want to see him work them over and over and over if they don't have something down. If they fail in the game, they repeat it in practice until they no longer fail in the game.

cpk1994
09-13-2006, 12:47 AM

People who complain about the rookie guards seem to forget a few years ago when The pack started 2 rookie tackles., They turned out all right I think.

billy_oliver880
09-13-2006, 01:07 AM

People who complain about the rookie guards seem to forget a few years ago when The pack started 2 rookie tackles., They turned out all right I think.

We have anyone how has had time at guard though...anyone to mentor these young guys?

vince
09-13-2006, 06:58 AM

We have anyone how has had time at guard though...anyone to mentor these young guys?
Jags and Joe Philbin - and probably as importantly at this stage, Rock Gullickson - strength and conditioning coach.

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Didn't Wells play some time at guard? And wasn't one of the tackles a converted guard?

swede
09-13-2006, 07:37 AM
"embryonic superstars" I love that. We have a team full of embryonic superstars. Imagine though, in a couple years when all this youth has been working together since '06, they will be a precision machine. To be honest, though, I'm kinda hoping that M3 eventually drops this whole "take it easy on them and let them learn" attitude. I want to see him work them over and over and over if they don't have something down. If they fail in the game, they repeat it in practice until they no longer fail in the game.

I don't doubt that the talent foundation has already hit bottom and is now slowly growing its way back up. As you say, we are now in an embryonic stage and will soon hit the fetal position. :crazy:

I have serious doubts about the coaching, though. Not to say that they still don't have time to show us something, I just have doubts about them. Their lack of pedigree becomes more worrisome to me with every embarrassing loss.

Well-coached teams get better--period.

KYPack
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM

You can use that one if ya want. Nice post, I thought you & I were gonna go to war there for a minute. I think a "KY vs Zig" cage match would sell a few tickets' eh?

I've got a beef with the roster on this ballclub.

Vonta Leach was the starting fullback last week. This week, he's cut and the other fullback is 36 years old, coming off knee surgery. I don't think much of Leach, but we need him for at least another month or so. We cut Leach and mgt is saying that it's all good because David Martin has taken a few snaps at FB. David Martin? I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to see David Martin take a few snaps at TE!

We were in no shape to just go ahead and cut Leach ( I think NO will pick him up. They don't have a FB right now).

But were there other players that could've been cut instead of Leach?

Hell ya.

We've got 4 rookie DB's and 4 TE's. Jarrett Bush DB or Tory Humphrey TE could've been waived and moved to the PS with hardly a ripple of notice thoughout the league. If either one of these guys develop, we'd still have 'em.

This is my main beef. He will always keep the kid over the vet. We are too young right now. Leach wasn't much, but at least he knew the job. We might not have a FB becuase Thompson wants his kids.

That's wrong and it's gonna get us beat.