PDA

View Full Version : “Aaron Rodgers Revenge Tour”

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 12:22 PM
Well it appears all this non-sense and talk of Rodgers being “Washed Up” and “Regression” deserves some pause. This is probably the most feel good story of the entire NFL season even on a national level as the Packer front office and some of its fans basically stuck a knife in his back during the offseason. Way to go Aaron!!!!!! You truly are the GOAT!!!! Both on the Field and how you have handled all these Dolts that call themselves talent evaluators!!! Mainly Brian Gutekunst!!!!!

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1305850120999665667?s=21

#Greatness

RashanGary
09-15-2020, 02:45 PM
Go 12!

Freak Out
09-15-2020, 03:08 PM
He's a pro...not a cry baby. He understands how the NFL works and understands nobody was disrespectful in the ORG. Only internet drama queens lost their minds.

HowardRoark
09-15-2020, 03:09 PM
What if that draft pick lit a fire in Aaron that puts him on a 5 year run like he used to play and 2 Super Bowls? Was it worth it?

#Guteplays5Dchess

run pMc
09-15-2020, 04:00 PM
What if that draft pick lit a fire in Aaron that puts him on a 5 year run like he used to play and 2 Super Bowls? Was it worth it?

#Guteplays5Dchess
LOL love it.

You'd be crazy not to burn a R1 if you knew it meant an extended reunion tour of 2010 & 2011 era Rodgers paired with a run game and the Smiths. I don't think it will happen, but if you had a crystal ball to tell you that, you do it. Draft picks flame out all the time.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 04:05 PM
LOL love it.

You'd be crazy not to burn a R1 if you knew it meant an extended reunion tour of 2010 & 2011 era Rodgers paired with a run game and the Smiths. I don't think it will happen, but if you had a crystal ball to tell you that, you do it. Draft picks flame out all the time.

Especially Gute’s!!!

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 04:15 PM

#Guteplays5Dchess

I don’t buy into that stuff with a guy like Aaron Rodgers. Certainly not at age 36. He is one of the hardest working and most competitive guys in the league.

I blame a whole other slew of issues for what has happened which I will only post one time in this thread because they have been talked about countless times. The main ones are,

1. Last year was year one in a new system.
2. Prior system with MM had gotten stale and outdated
3. Decline and continued lack of support of offensive weapons to compliment him which is still ongoing.

So basically If Rodgers wins a Super Bowl this year it would be despite Gute and the front office because they haven’t really done jack shit for him. He is battling them as well as they undermined him so if anyone is playing “5D Chess” it’s Rodgers. It would be Rodgers Greatest accomplishment yet.

Will Gute get more draft picks for him? Surely.

Wiill Gute know what to do with those picks? Hell Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!

HowardRoark
09-15-2020, 04:55 PM
I don’t buy into that stuff with a guy like Aaron Rodgers. Certainly not at age 36. He is one of the hardest working and most competitive guys in the league.

I blame a whole other slew of issues for what has happened which I will only post one time in this thread because they have been talked about countless times. The main ones are,

3. Decline and continued lack of support of offensive weapons to compliment him which is still ongoing.

So basically If Rodgers wins a Super Bowl this year it would be despite Gute and the front office because they haven’t really done jack shit for him. He is battling them as well as they undermined him so if anyone is playing “5D Chess” it’s Rodgers. It would be Rodgers Greatest accomplishment yet.

Have you ever seen the movie Whiplash? At the end you wonder about the 5D chess.

But mission was accomplished.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 05:13 PM
Have you ever seen the movie Whiplash? At the end you wonder about the 5D chess.

But mission was accomplished.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2582802/

I get it. Gute wins a Super Bowl so it works out for him and everyone but to me it’s just a little far fetched. I’m just not certain we have enough firepower to endure a 16 game schedule and a playoff run with whats in place. I certainly wouldn’t be upset if it happened but once again Gute needs to re-address this situation based on what they have seen from Rodgers in camp and on the field and go get us what we need to give us the bast chance possible now. I’m not sure at this point that sitting idle and letting Rodgers roll with just what he has is the best option when you consider MVS’s dropsie issues and potential injuries too.

We’re running out of these Golden Opportunities! I don’t believe getting additional firepower before the trade deadline is going to somehow mentally slow Rodgers down.

HowardRoark
09-15-2020, 05:21 PM
We’re running out of these Golden Opportunities! I don’t believe getting additional firepower before the trade deadline is going to somehow mentally slow Rodgers down.

This is most certainly true. Maybe Bobby Fisher will get OBJ?

It’s a sample size of one game, but Aaron no longer looked like the petulant child he has the last few years. Something changed.

Maybe he’s happier without the beard.

RashanGary
09-15-2020, 06:02 PM
He's a pro...not a cry baby. He understands how the NFL works and understands nobody was disrespectful in the ORG. Only internet drama queens lost their minds.

Yep!

RashanGary
09-15-2020, 06:05 PM

Do you take yourself seriously :lol:

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 06:13 PM

It’s not about being a crybaby. He is smart enough to know what he has to work with compared to other top contenders. Can he do more with less? Absolutely! He has proven that pretty much his whole career with a failed front office. Nothing left to prove there.

It’s simple. Go level the playing the field and get the man some help so we can truly see how great he can be. He deserves it. The fans deserve it. Everyone deserves it.

RashanGary
09-15-2020, 06:16 PM
It’s not about being a crybaby. He is smart enough to know what he has to work with compared to other top contenders. Can he do more with less? Absolutely! He has proven that pretty much his whole career with a failed front office. Nothing left to prove there.

It’s simple. Go level the playing the field and get the man some help so we can truly see how great he can be. He deserves it. The fans deserve it. Everyone deserves it.

He didn't do much to level the playing field in 17 or 18.....

But why let reality get in the way of a bad time :lol:

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 06:32 PM
He didn't do much to level the playing field in 17 or 18.....

But why let reality get in the way of a bad time :lol:

What the hell are you talking about? In 2017 he got hurt. 2018 is probably the only season anyone can be critical for Rodgers but so much was going wrong with MM and everything the whole thing was just a disaster. Still, Rodgers played all season with an injury that most QB’s would of sat our 3-4 weeks. Rodgers played and tried to give us a shot. That is also when red flags started to pop up that the Packers no longer struck fear in there opponents any longer with there weaponry yet almost zero has been done to address this.

That’s the best you can come up. Geez!!

ZachMN
09-15-2020, 08:05 PM
I heard them say on tv he was doing squats? As one ages the core and legs are critical.....if he is focusing on those the shitty throws I've seen too much of might be taken care of.....

Sparkey
09-15-2020, 09:00 PM
His footwork looked really good against the Queens. Noticed on his first few throws. But part of that is likely a by product of being year 2 of a new offense and having a better understanding of the reads, concepts of progressions of each play.

I also think LaFluer has an even better idea of how to integrate what AR does really well with his run concepts.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 09:20 PM
Yeah, the throw on the run about 40 yards in air ten feet off the ground pin point bullet to Adams in the end zone was a throw I have been waiting a bit to see again. That was big time. Maybe Patrick Mahommes makes that throw and that’s about it.

That was a laser.

HowardRoark
09-15-2020, 10:27 PM
Since 1992 the Pack has had a Hall of Fame QB. We’ve been relevant virtually every year since then...I know we can argue about we should have had more Super Bowls (I agree...the one for sure was the 15-1 year), but every year we matter. It’s because of the QB.

If I was hired as GM, I’d know that my, and my family’s future, depended on that fact. Have a QB trained and ready to go 15 years when he’s the bullet in the barrel.

In this case, he sees a two-fer. Light a fire under his current QB, and get the other one ready.

My guess is NFL teams have algorithms that are running live during practices and games that change the draft board real-time. Any limp, injury, or QB pout changes that board.

If they don’t, they should.

RashanGary
09-15-2020, 11:43 PM
I heard them say on tv he was doing squats? As one ages the core and legs are critical.....if he is focusing on those the shitty throws I've seen too much of might be taken care of.....

Heard that too. It’s showing

RashanGary
09-15-2020, 11:44 PM
His footwork looked really good against the Queens. Noticed on his first few throws. But part of that is likely a by product of being year 2 of a new offense and having a better understanding of the reads, concepts of progressions of each play.

I also think LaFluer has an even better idea of how to integrate what AR does really well with his run concepts.

He looked to be balanced and in really good position to throw the ball on every throw. He would do some unusual off balance stuff the last few years. Maybe he’s realizing he was better back when he threw from more stable positions

MadScientist
09-16-2020, 01:58 AM
1) Rodgers plays better with a chip on his shoulder.
2) Rodgers reviewed film of his play the last couple of years and back when he was top of the league and found a footwork/legwork problem. He worked hard over the off season to correct it. The results are looking promising. Now the question is how much of a review would he have done without the Packers drafting Love? We may never fully know that.

Fosco33
09-16-2020, 07:45 AM
He’s getting paid tens of millions a year... but is still a little bit of a crabby dude. Always feeling wronged and needing to prove something.

I figured he would mature over time - realize he needs to take a cut to trade for the rings, learn how to influence without being a prick, etc.

But I’m done idolizing men that play boys games and waiting on their views so I can validate my opinions.

I hope he and the pack do well this year - as always it’ll be combo of luck and skill.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2020, 10:02 AM
Do you really think that's true - the "crabby dude" thing? I'd say that's just an image made up by the media shitheads - fake news. Everything you see in his own press conferences, even in the face of stupid questions, says he is fairly patient and normal. The way he treats other players, even when they mess up - most recently MVS Sunday with the drops - also says otherwise.

Don't trust those damn media pukes. Most of them are just trying to stir up trouble.

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 10:03 AM
Since 1992 the Pack has had a Hall of Fame QB. We’ve been relevant virtually every year since then...I know we can argue about we should have had more Super Bowls (I agree...the one for sure was the 15-1 year), but every year we matter. It’s because of the QB.

If I was hired as GM, I’d know that my, and my family’s future, depended on that fact. Have a QB trained and ready to go 15 years when he’s the bullet in the barrel.

In this case, he sees a two-fer. Light a fire under his current QB, and get the other one ready.

My guess is NFL teams have algorithms that are running live during practices and games that change the draft board real-time. Any limp, injury, or QB pout changes that board.

If they don’t, they should.

Sounds great in theory and if everything works out just like clockwork. You still have to hope and pray that you chose the right guy to go get ready and account for that investment. Otherwise the whole things breaks down anyways.

The reality is it’s been TEN YEARS now since the Packers have won a Super Bowl. So what is the goal here? Is it just to build a powerhouse of 10-6 or is it to bring World Championships back to Title-town?

We already know the answer but we can all debate whether we agree with the premise.

HowardRoark
09-16-2020, 12:55 PM
I think their goals are to build Titletown and to bring the trophy back to Titletown. My guess is the former is more important....but there is a symbiotic relationship between the two. So I guess we’ve got that going for us.

SudsMcBucky
09-16-2020, 02:41 PM

Maybe, maybe not. What if one of the factors of the SB run would be the drastic improvement of MVS, EQ, Lizardman, etc. that potentially the front office and coaching staff saw prior to the draft?

Sparkey
09-16-2020, 03:12 PM
Maybe, maybe not. What if one of the factors of the SB run would be the drastic improvement of MVS, EQ, Lizardman, etc. that potentially the front office and coaching staff saw prior to the draft?

does not fit narrative, does not fit narrative, error, ERROR.

CaptainKickass
09-16-2020, 03:38 PM
Obligatory thread theme song post.

Don't know if I'll blast, maybe I'll just throw. Maybe I'll kick down something special but believe me, you're gonna know. We call this mutha "Revenge"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuDpt8UrNc

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 04:26 PM

I would call that Reckless!!!

run pMc
09-17-2020, 11:12 AM
Or scouting. Usually those personnel guys are projecting how a college player will grow, improve, and fit in scheme. Few if any college players are fully formed and at their peak their rookie season.

Ex. Rodgers, Aaron. He got pretty good after his first two seasons.

bobblehead
09-17-2020, 11:16 AM
I get it. Gute wins a Super Bowl so it works out for him and everyone but to me it’s just a little far fetched. I’m just not certain we have enough firepower to endure a 16 game schedule and a playoff run with whats in place. I certainly wouldn’t be upset if it happened but once again Gute needs to re-address this situation based on what they have seen from Rodgers in camp and on the field and go get us what we need to give us the bast chance possible now. I’m not sure at this point that sitting idle and letting Rodgers roll with just what he has is the best option when you consider MVS’s dropsie issues and potential injuries too.

You are wrong. Plenty of firepower. Just lit up a Zimmer defense. Problem is our own inability to stop the run. Defense wins championships. Many teams have won with far less offense than we have right now. Very few have won with the defense we have now.

Fosco33
09-17-2020, 11:17 AM
Do you really think that's true - the "crabby dude" thing? I'd say that's just an image made up by the media shitheads - fake news. Everything you see in his own press conferences, even in the face of stupid questions, says he is fairly patient and normal. The way he treats other players, even when they mess up - most recently MVS Sunday with the drops - also says otherwise.

Don't trust those damn media pukes. Most of them are just trying to stir up trouble.

It was more apparent a couple years ago and it’s been discussed here many times. Nothing to do w/ the media or the reports from J mike, Jennings, etc.

My view has been watching his body language and his contract

bobblehead
09-17-2020, 11:23 AM

His own family won't speak to him...just saying. Personally I don't care if he is a prick if he wins. I also don't idolize athletes. Had dinner with a player for the Golden knights last night. Bench player. Great guy. Enjoyed talking to him. But he is a guy, just like the ones gifted with slightly better reflexes that win MVP awards. I watch for entertainment, and who Rodgers is off the field is mitigated by his ability to win. I have limits though. Don't want wife beaters or that type on my team...even if it means losing.

bobblehead
09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
I would call that Reckless!!!

That is what certain types of people would call it when the one they have been calling stupid turn out to be correct and that certain someone turns out to be wrong.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-17-2020, 11:32 AM

Call it the Sloth Effect.

Everyone is automatically better now that the Sloth (Allison) is no longer HANDICAPPING snaps. With Sloth in the game, the Packers virtually played 10-men offense.

Pack could still use DK Mercalf or OBJ, though.

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 12:01 PM
You are wrong. Plenty of firepower. Just lit up a Zimmer defense. Problem is our own inability to stop the run. Defense wins championships. Many teams have won with far less offense than we have right now. Very few have won with the defense we have now.

More shall be revealed.

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 12:50 PM
That is what certain types of people would call it when the one they have been calling stupid turn out to be correct and that certain someone turns out to be wrong.

Wrong!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/cPdC1ltLWvU

bobblehead
09-18-2020, 11:42 AM
Wrong!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/cPdC1ltLWvU

You have made it very clear that you are as irrational about Rodgers as Tex is about Bakh. We all get it. Aron=perfect world=sucks

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 12:01 PM
You have made it very clear that you are as irrational about Rodgers as Tex is about Bakh. We all get it. Aron=perfect world=sucks

#GOAT

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 12:07 PM
I also give tons of Credit to Adams and the OL(when they play well) all the time.

I have had many many posts where I have gushed all over Adams so this simply isn’t true that all I give credit too is Rodgers.

I’ve talked up the Packers secondary with optimism and have promoted their pass rush as well.

People just love to switch up my narrative up here.

Patler
09-18-2020, 12:11 PM
For years I heard that Favre was the GOAT, and we were unlikely to see another as great in our lifetimes.
Now I am told the Rodgers is the GOAT.
Did a GOAT replace a GOAT?
Have Packer fans been blessed with a small herd of GOATS?

... or, is Rodgers the GOAT only until another VERY GOOD quarterback appears in Green Bay and is designated by fans as the new GOAT?

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 12:14 PM
I just get upset when everyone tries to put all these Fucken scrubs in the Devante Adams comparison box all the time cause it is so disrespectful to Adams and such a joke.

It’s like some fool bringing out a Donkey to go race next to a thoroughbred at the Kentucky Derby. It’s just laughable!!!

Yet people are continuing to run that Donkey out here!!

So much fun!! :glug:

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 12:28 PM
For years I heard that Favre was the GOAT, and we were unlikely to see another as great in our lifetimes.

... or, is Rodgers the GOAT only until another VERY GOOD quarterback appears in Green Bay and is designated by fans as the new GOAT?

Rodgers has an unprecedented skill set which I believe makes him the GOAT. When you take into consideration his arm strength, release, accuracy and then add in his mobility in the pocket and being able to do it all on the run. He has done it over time and in cold weather. He is clutch under pressure. Favre was great and a warrior but Rodgers is just more precise and more talented. The way Rodgers puts up numbers and takes care of the ball is amazing. Something fans will notice immediately when he leaves.

Rodgers doesn’t have the Super Bowls like Brady but it isn’t his fault. He has taken some of the least talented teams to Champ games and the playoffs. He has done more for an NFL organization then any other player in modern day football.

Without Aaron Rodgers the Packers would resemble the Cleveland Browns with their dysfunctional front office and overall faulty talent acquisition process.

#GOAT

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 12:39 PM
Unfortunately for a lot of fools you don’t realize what you had until it’s gone.

RashanGary
09-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Unfortunately for a lot of fools you don’t realize what you had until it’s gone.

:lol:

RashanGary
09-18-2020, 12:43 PM
Loins and groins, I don't know how I feel about our gladiator sport being filled with such vulnerabilities. What's next, nipples and butt holes?

texaspackerbacker
09-18-2020, 04:21 PM
It was pretty obvious about the time Favre left the Packers that he was the greatest QB in history up to that time based on performance, endurance, records set, etc. Some of those records have been broken, at least in part do to the game changing - rules protecting QBs, more passing, etc. Rodgers is the GOAT also based on performance. It's not hard to justify calling him that. Sooner or later, somebody will probably be even more GOATish. Mahomes seems the most likely, but he has a long long way to go to earn the label. Odds are that lightning won't strike thrice in Green Bay, but who knows. Love doesn't seem like he's a good candidate for future GOAT, but nothing's impossible. A large part of Aaron Rodgers' greatness is his discipline and judgment in not throwing interceptions. Love certainly ought to observe that and soak it up. That would be a good start, but it takes a helluva lot more. And we don't even know if he will be the next Packer QB 7-10 years from now when Rodgers finally hangs it up.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 05:55 PM

Also, no way!!

Tex is sayin Bak is bad and our receivers are great.

I’m saying AR12 is a generational talent that needs more help. Bak is a All-Pro level LT and after Devante Adams are receivers are mediocre!!!

I think I have the most rational view here.

Thank You!!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-18-2020, 09:21 PM
I don't think I said Bakhtiari is bad, just that he is overrated and absolutely that keeping him should not cause other excellent players to be lost.

I have always agreed with you completely that Rodgers is a "generational talent" - still the greatest in the NFL, despite the advent of Mahomes, Jackson, or anybody else. And for a long time before you came along, I complained that Ted Thompson didn't do a good enough job of providing a supporting cast for him. I wasn't as wild about it as you hahahahaha, but I did mildly think that way. I strongly disagree with you, of course about the Packer WRs and about the team now in general. As I have said, there is absolutely no reason to expect the team to do worse than last season except maybe a slightly tougher schedule. And there is plenty of reason to expect the team to be even better.

Edit: I'm gonna make ya'all a little bit happy. In keeping with Bobblehead's challenge, I went to my YouTubeTV Library and replayed the game last Sunday. I have to concede, Bakhtiari wasn't as bad as I thought. It's true, almost all the running plays to his side failed, but it didn't appear to be his fault. Each time, his job was a kick out block which he executed ok. The failure was the Guard - Patrick - letting the D come from the inside to stop the runner for a short gain. The same play later with Jenkins at LG was about the only good run to the left. In pass blocking also, Bakhtiari was more solid than I thought. The two times when the rush almost got to Rodgers from that side, it came from outside Bakhtiari who apparently was not supposed to slide to the outside and pick up the blitzer. So yeah, he did generally better than I thought. I will do the same after next Sunday's game. I still absolutely don't want to lose Jones to keep him, and probably not linsley either.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 09:55 PM
I don't think I said Bakhtiari is bad, just that he is overrated and absolutely that keeping him should not cause other excellent players to be lost.

I have always agreed with you completely that Rodgers is a "generational talent" - still the greatest in the NFL, despite the advent of Mahomes, Jackson, or anybody else. And for a long time before you came along, I complained that Ted Thompson didn't do a good enough job of providing a supporting cast for him. I wasn't as wild about it as you hahahahaha, but I did mildly think that way. I strongly disagree with you, of course about the Packer WRs and about the team now in general. As I have said, there is absolutely no reason to expect the team to do worse than last season except maybe a slightly tougher schedule. And there is plenty of reason to expect the team to be even better.

Towards the end Thompson didn’t either but what he left in place was better then this. Gute has taken the PURGE to a whole new level!!!

It really makes you believe that Rodgers is more tolerated among the front office and not really liked. Same thing with some of the fans etc. Why would Rodgers even want to still stay here?

A GM like John Elway(just for example) would of never left Rodgers hanging like this.

texaspackerbacker
09-18-2020, 10:26 PM
I don't like a lot of what Gutekunst has done, but the fact his, he has been more good than bad/made the team better with his good moves than worse with his bad ones. 13-3, and probably at least as good this year - THAT is the bottom line.

GB-Brandon
09-19-2020, 09:09 AM
I don't like a lot of what Gutekunst has done, but the fact his, he has been more good than bad/made the team better with his good moves than worse with his bad ones. 13-3, and probably at least as good this year - THAT is the bottom line.

Or Maybe the Packers have found a “Happy Medium” with what the majority of their fan base is willing to accept.

bobblehead
09-19-2020, 10:38 AM
#GOAT

#notperfect

bobblehead
09-19-2020, 10:40 AM
I just get upset when everyone tries to put all these Fucken scrubs in the Devante Adams comparison box all the time cause it is so disrespectful to Adams and such a joke.

It’s like some fool bringing out a Donkey to go race next to a thoroughbred at the Kentucky Derby. It’s just laughable!!!

Yet people are continuing to run that Donkey out here!!

So much fun!! :glug:

Talk about changing someones narrative. Everyone on this site thinks Rodgers is an all time great. We also think spending on things like defense and OL matter more than the 3rd option in touches does...especially when the 3rd and 4th options are solid players who both had good games.

edit: Did you watch the Bengles game Thur? Burrow had a mountain of weapons (although AJ looked slow). He has a 2nd round rookie, fastest man in history, superb multi talented RB and 2 other solid WR...but he was on his ass or running for his life a lot. Give me a dominant OL any day and I'll build a good offense around it.

Edit2: Look at a scrub like Ryan Tannehill. Give him a great OL and run game and suddenly he looks pretty damn good.

GB-Brandon
09-19-2020, 11:23 AM
Talk about changing someones narrative. Everyone on this site thinks Rodgers is an all time great. We also think spending on things like defense and OL matter more than the 3rd option in touches does...especially when the 3rd and 4th options are solid players who both had good games.

edit: Did you watch the Bengles game Thur? Burrow had a mountain of weapons (although AJ looked slow). He has a 2nd round rookie, fastest man in history, superb multi talented RB and 2 other solid WR...but he was on his ass or running for his life a lot. Give me a dominant OL any day and I'll build a good offense around it.

Edit2: Look at a scrub like Ryan Tannehill. Give him a great OL and run game and suddenly he looks pretty damn good.

I don’t think AJ looked slow. He might of looked a little gassed at times due to not playing in so long and only his second week back playing on three days rest. He had a couple he didn’t convert which would of been amazing catches which he does convert a lot. Burrow couldn’t get him the ball deep which is an issue moving forward for Burrow and the deep ball. Arm strength could be a concern for Burrow. I don’t see that same problem with Rodgers throwing to Green.

AJ had several plays where he showed that twitch he is famous for. We’re taking about a guy that had an 85.2 PFF rating in 2018 when he played. Sure, he may not be as super elite as he once was but to think he wouldn’t be an upgrade as no.2 option in the Packers offense is just ridiculous.

texaspackerbacker
09-19-2020, 11:36 AM
Rodgers has an unprecedented skill set which I believe makes him the GOAT. When you take into consideration his arm strength, release, accuracy and then add in his mobility in the pocket and being able to do it all on the run. He has done it over time and in cold weather. He is clutch under pressure. Favre was great and a warrior but Rodgers is just more precise and more talented. The way Rodgers puts up numbers and takes care of the ball is amazing. Something fans will notice immediately when he leaves.

Rodgers doesn’t have the Super Bowls like Brady but it isn’t his fault. He has taken some of the least talented teams to Champ games and the playoffs. He has done more for an NFL organization then any other player in modern day football.

Without Aaron Rodgers the Packers would resemble the Cleveland Browns with their dysfunctional front office and overall faulty talent acquisition process.

#GOAT

Excellent Post up to the last paragraph. All through the Ted Thompson years, even that last paragraph would have been true. Now, however, I'd put the Packers a little above the middle of the pack even without Rodgers.

GB-Brandon
09-19-2020, 01:08 PM
Excellent Post up to the last paragraph. All through the Ted Thompson years, even that last paragraph would have been true. Now, however, I'd put the Packers a little above the middle of the pack even without Rodgers.

Yes, and while everyone is running to Mahommes as “The Next Goat”, I’m not so sure. He is obviously very talented and will have a great career. However; thus far his accuracy isn’t even as close to what Rodgers delivers on a regular basis. Mahommes also has this plethora of talent around him where he basically just has to make a read and hit a wide open guy most of the time.

I haven’t seen anybody past or present consistently put the ball in tight windows successfully like AR12.

Why people don’t want to see that type of talent assembled around AR12 is mind-blowing to me!!!

Sparkey
09-19-2020, 05:41 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much money should the Packers ear mark for QB and WR ?

Wondering, because there is only so much $$$ to go around.

GB-Brandon
09-19-2020, 05:50 PM
Just out of curiosity, how much money should the Packers ear mark for QB and WR ?

Wondering, because there is only so much $$$ to go around.

How much have the Kansas City Chiefs “Ear Marked for a QB and WR’s & even a TE”

Tired of this Salary cap bullshit. You can draft top talented receivers in the draft too and have them on rookie contracts for up to 5 years.

It’s called a “Lack of Willingness”. Has nothing to do with the cap.!!!!

Guiness
09-19-2020, 06:35 PM

:whaa:

I think I followed that but really not sure. Ask me in 5 minutes

run pMc
09-21-2020, 08:26 AM

We are all just sheep following goats.

Joemailman
09-21-2020, 08:42 AM
Packer fans will Love the next GOAT.

run pMc
09-21-2020, 08:43 AM

I'm with bobble on this one. I'd rather have a stud defensive player or OL than ok #3WR. Having offensive skill players matters, don't get me wrong. If you have a giant turnstile at OL like CIN does, it might not matter though. A dominant OL can make an offense unstoppable.

Tannehill has been on fire since last season -- I think something like 9 straight regular season games with 2+ passing TDs. For a guy who was considered a borderline starter he's done very well. He's a good fit in TEN's offense, but he's more a game manager with the OL, Derrick Henry, and a couple of good receivers (Davis, Brown) to lean on.

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 11:12 AM
I'm with bobble on this one. I'd rather have a stud defensive player or OL than ok #3WR. Having offensive skill players matters, don't get me wrong. If you have a giant turnstile at OL like CIN does, it might not matter though. A dominant OL can make an offense unstoppable.

Tannehill has been on fire since last season -- I think something like 9 straight regular season games with 2+ passing TDs. For a guy who was considered a borderline starter he's done very well. He's a good fit in TEN's offense, but he's more a game manager with the OL, Derrick Henry, and a couple of good receivers (Davis, Brown) to lean on.

So we’re comparing Ryan Tannehill to Aaron Rodgers now?

This whole thing has gotten that stupid?

Tony Oday
09-21-2020, 11:53 AM
So we’re comparing Ryan Tannehill to Aaron Rodgers now?

This whole thing has gotten that stupid?

I think what he is saying is that look at what a good Run game and Oline is doing for a mediocre QB when we have an all time great.

George Cumby
09-21-2020, 11:57 AM

I believe you are referring to Jordan GOAT Love.

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 12:35 PM
I think what he is saying is that look at what a good Run game and Oline is doing for a mediocre QB when we have an all time great.

That’s wonderful. We’re not going to be playing the Queens or the Lions in the playoffs. The Lafluer offense is nice and the Packers have “Almost All the Pieces” but they are one short. One big one at that. On top of that there is almost zero after Adams, Lazard and MVS in reserve. To think these three guys will all stay healthy for the next 14 games would be foolish.

You bring in and add a “No.2 Option” and now you have an offense that can score 40 on anybody in the league and also helps safeguard you from injury. It also puts Lazard and MVS in even more favorable roles.

If you want a Legit shot at another Super Bowl trophy coming back to Titletown this must be done. It’s that simple.

Patler
09-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Right now, I'm more concerned about the status of the o-line than I am about the receiving group. Taylor is gone, Turner is gimpy, Wagner is living on borrowed time and Linsley is who-knows what.

They managed to get by without Adams for a while last year and are probably more equipped to do so this year than last. Creatively using a deeper and more varied running game, the variations provided by a guy with the skills and smarts of Daguara, a full season with Ervin, and the greater familiarity of the offense by everyone, including the no-name receivers but especially Rodgers running the show can generate an adequate passing attack; but not if Rodgers is on his back or sitting on the sidelines

bobblehead
09-21-2020, 01:40 PM
That’s wonderful. We’re not going to be playing the Queens or the Lions in the playoffs. The Lafluer offense is nice and the Packers have “Almost All the Pieces” but they are one short. One big one at that. On top of that there is almost zero after Adams, Lazard and MVS in reserve. To think these three guys will all stay healthy for the next 14 games would be foolish.

You bring in and add a “No.2 Option” and now you have an offense that can score 40 on anybody in the league and also helps safeguard you from injury. It also puts Lazard and MVS in even more favorable roles.

If you want a Legit shot at another Super Bowl trophy coming back to Titletown this must be done. It’s that simple.

https://www.incimages.com/uploaded_files/image/970x450/getty_619745378_303256.jpg[/QUOTE]

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 02:57 PM
Right now, I'm more concerned about the status of the o-line than I am about the receiving group. Taylor is gone, Turner is gimpy, Wagner is living on borrowed time and Linsley is who-knows what.

They managed to get by without Adams for a while last year and are probably more equipped to do so this year than last. Creatively using a deeper and more varied running game, the variations provided by a guy with the skills and smarts of Daguara, a full season with Ervin, and the greater familiarity of the offense by everyone, including the no-name receivers but especially Rodgers running the show can generate an adequate passing attack; but not if Rodgers is on his back or sitting on the sidelines

I don’t necessarily disagree with any of this but against “Playoff Teams” is where it gets dicey. Matchups change and things that worked against the mediocre don’t work as well or work at all. A lot of questions will be answered this weekend. The offensive line is and will continue to be a plug and play situation as I suggested. IMO, Gute could of done better here but at least he drafted a few OL to help off-set the situation and mitigate emergency. He hasn’t drafted a receiver in 3 years!

At Receiver or “Playmaker” their are serious concerns moving forward. Funchess opted out. It’s hard telling if St. Brown can even physically play in the NFL at this point. Sternberger is trending in the wrong direction with red flags all over the place. There will most certainty be more injuries moving forward. MVS is this “Hot and Cold Bi-Polar like commodity”. Lazard is a possession receiver. I think overall they had 6 drops somewhere by mid 3rd quarter. This is not the benchmark of success. It’s a benchmark of “Potential Fraud”.

Somewhere along the line they need to take a chance. With the way everything is shaping up there would not be a more perfect time to do it. I’m sure Rodgers wouldn’t get upset either if they did it. I will not guarantee a Super Bowl by making the move but I can guarantee we will not win a Super Bowl without the move so there you go. If the Packers somehow win a Super Bowl with this group of receivers etc etc then it would be the Packers greatness accomplishment of all time and Rodgers should immediately be considered the GOAT widely on a national level for this accomplishment!!!

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 03:09 PM
https://www.incimages.com/uploaded_files/image/970x450/getty_619745378_303256.jpg[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because I’m so classless!!! You know what? Gute’s hand shouldn’t have to be forced to go get this team what it Fucken needs! This is on Gute!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Updated WR PFF Rankings for season after Lions Game.

1. Devante Adams 80.4
2. Tyler Ervin. 64.3
3. Allen Lazard 63.2
4. MVS. 57.2

And Aaron Rodgers is of course “95.6”.

This perfectly illustrates what’s going on and where we can see a potential drop off coming against better competition with our obvious “3rd Wheels”. They are even doing what they are doing now because we have Aaron Rodgers as our QB. This will catch up with the Packers one way or another. There should be massive urgency at this point to upgrade as quickly as possible based on what Rodgers has shown to the eye and where all things are at with the Packers and in the NFC as a whole.

I’m not sure how anyone can even dispute this based on what are thought to be legitimate ratings and what’s been seen on the field of play.

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 05:03 PM
If we add

Mike Tonyan 57.9 &
Jace Sternberger 37.5

The Eye sore or Black eye just get bigger!

This evil Tyrant Brain Gutekunst needs to be removed immediately if he does not address this.

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 05:11 PM
A Cesspool of mediocrity that Rodgers has to somehow win a title with. The OL is the least of the worries with cast of mediocrity outside Adams and Jones!!!

GB-Brandon
09-21-2020, 05:14 PM
The best thing for Rodgers at this point it to keep it clean like he has and work his way out like Brady did in NE and get somewhere that will appreciate him more and be more willing to get what he needs to win a Title.

Some Packer fans deserve Jordan Love and what comes with it.

run pMc
09-22-2020, 09:49 AM

Yes. Was agreeing with Bobble's edit.
You can have a decent offense without top-10 WRs. In fact, GB's offense is waaay ahead of where it was last year at this time. They've put up back to back 40 point games (they put up 40+ once last year) and are over 1000 yards of offense. You can blame that on MIN and DET, but those are division foes. Rodgers looks much better this year -- more accurate, throwing on time, even using the middle of the field. Having Jones and some RB depth is making a huge difference, and the OL is blocking very well (1 sack in 2 games!).

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 10:16 AM
Yes. Was agreeing with Bobble's edit.
You can have a decent offense without top-10 WRs. In fact, GB's offense is waaay ahead of where it was last year at this time. They've put up back to back 40 point games (they put up 40+ once last year) and are over 1000 yards of offense. You can blame that on MIN and DET, but those are division foes. Rodgers looks much better this year -- more accurate, throwing on time, even using the middle of the field. Having Jones and some RB depth is making a huge difference, and the OL is blocking very well (1 sack in 2 games!).

The question remains is “Can They Win A Super Bowl With All These Average Weapons?”

Can they take down the top teams in the NFC or beat the Chiefs or the Ravens in the Super Bowl?

bobblehead
09-22-2020, 11:44 AM
If we add

Mike Tonyan 57.9 &
Jace Sternberger 37.5

The Eye sore or Black eye just get bigger!

This evil Tyrant Brain Gutekunst needs to be removed immediately if he does not address this.

So you are finally admitting that the only thing really lacking from this offense is TE production? You are a broken record. I normally throw those in the trash.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 11:52 AM
So you are finally admitting that the only thing really lacking from this offense is TE production? You are a broken record. I normally throw those in the trash.

No. I have been very clear about having a legit “No.2 Option” outside Adams. I could give a rats ass if it’s a TE or a Receiver at this point!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2020, 11:52 AM
Regarding that "cesspool of mediocrity", Aaron Jones is top 3 or 4 in the league now, maybe the best RB; Davante Adams is top 3 or 4 also. I doubt anybody has better backups at RB than the Packers, and we have (whether Brandon believes it or not) two damn good other WRs in Lazard and MVS. And our O Line has as many as 3 star quality players, depending on whose opinion you buy - Jenkins, Linsley, and Bakhtiari (in that order IMO hahahaha). TE is really the only weakness, and Tonyan is showing signs of being good there.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 11:55 AM
Regarding that "cesspool of mediocrity", Aaron Jones is top 3 or 4 in the league now, maybe the best RB; Davante Adams is top 3 or 4 also. I doubt anybody has better backups at RB than the Packers, and we have (whether Brandon believes it or not) two damn good other WRs in Lazard and MVS. And our O Line has as many as 3 star quality players, depending on whose opinion you buy - Jenkins, Linsley, and Bakhtiari (in that order IMO hahahaha). TE is really the only weakness, and Tonyan is showing signs of being good there.

I said “Outside of Adams and Jones”

And PFf ratings don’t support your fantasy logic after that.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 11:58 AM
The “PROPAGANDA” is getting a little to thick for me in here. Not sure how much more I can take of all this misinformation and banter.

Such a Mockery of Fact!!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2020, 11:58 AM
Fuck PFF.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 12:00 PM
Fuck PFF.

Do you have a better rating system? You sound like a little baby throwing a temper tantrum cause the facts don’t tell you what you want to hear.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 12:03 PM
So now it’s let’s just turn a blind eye to all fact. A rating system used by some NFL GM’s isn’t good enough and is faulty because “We Don’t Like the Results” LMAO!!

Just pathetic.

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2020, 12:05 PM
The rating system I prefer has numbers like 13-3 and 2-0, also best in the NFL in points and yardage.

SudsMcBucky
09-22-2020, 12:10 PM
Some people can sure suck the ever-loving fun out of watching the Packers.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 12:16 PM
The rating system I prefer has numbers like 13-3 and 2-0, also best in the NFL in points and yardage.

That’s great and while 2-0 is a great start, to not put things into context could and would lead to such a similar failure in the end that we know all to well. Did anybody really believe the Packers wouldn’t be 2-0 right now? I had them going 10-6 and winning both these games so this isn’t some big surprise!!!

Now is certainly not the time to for everyone to be padding themselves on their back. If we can’t see the weaknesses with a “Clear Eye” then we won’t give ourselves the opportunity to get better!

It’s that simple.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 12:22 PM
Some people can sure suck the ever-loving fun out of watching the Packers.

Not sure how simply posting ratings from what most believe a reliable source to be “Sucking The Love Out Of Watching Football”

I suppose we can all just sit here and tell each other what we want to hear.

SudsMcBucky
09-22-2020, 12:30 PM
Not sure how simply posting ratings from what most believe a reliable source to be “Sucking The Love Out Of Watching Football”

The point isn't to not talk about the issues along with the good. It's posting the exact same fucken thing 10 different ways in 10 separate posts all within about 10 minutes of each other.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 12:38 PM
The point isn't to not talk about the issues along with the good. It's posting the exact same fucken thing 10 different ways in 10 separate posts all within about 10 minutes of each other.

People respond to a lot of the posts so I respond back.

I do believe what I’m talking about is a pretty important thing in regards to the Packers winning a Super Bowl. You have a right to feel differently.

I’ve also been diving into the defense and the good things too like how well Aaron Rodgers is playing. The AJ contract has been discussed as has other teams around the league.

Overall I would consider it a Plethora of information covered.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 01:04 PM
I have to admit I do like this.

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/1308460557276712962?s=21

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 01:06 PM
Do we have the Firepower to beat the Chiefs with Mahommes?

Honestly ask yourself that question.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 01:42 PM
This pretty much tells it all:

http://twitter.com/PFF/status/1308459766373593088

Does anyone have a problem with this “PFF Rating?”

Are they getting it right?

run pMc
09-22-2020, 01:46 PM

LOL Not sure what the rapid fire posts are all about. Kind of gums up the board and makes it look like the frantic ravings of the mad.
The Packers are certainly not a juggernaut, but if you expected that you're insane. I had them picked to go 10-6, and they still might. Starting out 2-0 with division wins is pretty sweet and I'm enjoying it. They have proven they can win with (outside of Adams) middling WRs - mind you, most of whom are young with a chance to get better. I'd chalk that up to good QB/OL/RB play giving balance to that side of the ball, along with clever scheme and coaching. This is a superior offensive scheme to what M3 rolled out in his final 2-3 seasons.

You can complain about the PFF ratings of the TEs -- who have not played great yet -- but thankfully they haven't had to lean on them much as receivers yet. Honestly, it's not like M3 used TEs a lot either, nor was Jimmy Graham or Martellius Bennett giving them much... so while I'd like to see the TEs not drop the ball and make some plays, they aren't doing much worse than they have in recent seasons. I'd love to see that change. I will say the WRs have been better than last year. Maybe this is Year 2 in the offense, maybe it's growth by the young players, maybe it's addition by subtraction of Allison/Graham.

I'm less worried by the offense than I am by the defense. They still have lingering issues from last year that aren't fixed. DET and MIN were able to run on GB until they fell behind and had to play catchup in the 2nd half, and the MOF is still susceptible to the pass.

Spaulding
09-22-2020, 02:33 PM
Sigh, queue broken record or horse beatings as the constant ranting about the need for another top receiver is getting beyond annoying. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but it's beyond old how you rope that need into almost all the threads. Add to the fact that you speak like you're absolutely right and know better than GM's and coaches that have more football knowledge than any of us fits right into the rest of this dumpster fire that is 2020.

A simple look at some of the last champions of the past 20 years suggests your rant about the need for a #2 receiver is about as valuable as monopoly money. Now granted statistics can be construed but where in the following do you see a trend of elite #2 receivers leading their teams to the SB?

2001 Patriots
- Troy Brown #1
- David Patten (51 receptions for 749 yds)
- no other receiver with more than 24 receptions or 204 yds
- TE was Jermaine Wiggins with 21 receptions for 133 yds

2002 Bucs
- 32yr old Keenen McCardell (61 receptions for 670 yds)
- KeyShawn Johnson (76 receptions for 1088yds)
- Ken Dilger was TE (34 receptions for 329yds)

2005 Steelers
- Hines Ward (69 receptions for 975 yds)
- Antwaan Randle El (35 receptions for 558 yds)
- Heath Miller @ TE (39 receptions for 459 yds)

2007 Giants
- Plaxico Burress (70 receptions for 1025 yds)
- Amani Toomer (59 receptions for 760 yds)
- Jeremy Shockey @ TE (57 receptions for 619 yds)

2012 Ravens
- no receiver with more than 65 receptions or 921 yds

2013 Seahawks
- one receiver with 64 receptions for 898 yds and the second with 50 receptions and 778 yds (where TE was a scrub)

There were other teams borderline and indeed a few that had two very good receivers (again few) but it's not a requirement for success. The only trend I noted was that the majority of Super Bowl winners had top tier defenses.

Thus you're drum beating for a #2 receiver is likely misguided and should possibly instead be directed to the defense and our inability to stop the run so far. If anything that has the highest probability of being our achilles heel should we make the playoffs and look to play in February.

For the record, I'm not necessarily a Gute fan as I wasn't a far of Gary or our first two picks this year and would have loved to see Cephus in a Packers uniform with the 4th we lost moving up but then again you can rate drafts for 3 years and so his actions sit in the "jury is still out" category to me.

HarveyWallbangers
09-22-2020, 02:37 PM
LOL Not sure what the rapid fire posts are all about. Kind of gums up the board and makes it look like the frantic ravings of the mad.
The Packers are certainly not a juggernaut, but if you expected that you're insane. I had them picked to go 10-6, and they still might. Starting out 2-0 with division wins is pretty sweet and I'm enjoying it. They have proven they can win with (outside of Adams) middling WRs - mind you, most of whom are young with a chance to get better. I'd chalk that up to good QB/OL/RB play giving balance to that side of the ball, along with clever scheme and coaching. This is a superior offensive scheme to what M3 rolled out in his final 2-3 seasons.

You can complain about the PFF ratings of the TEs -- who have not played great yet -- but thankfully they haven't had to lean on them much as receivers yet. Honestly, it's not like M3 used TEs a lot either, nor was Jimmy Graham or Martellius Bennett giving them much... so while I'd like to see the TEs not drop the ball and make some plays, they aren't doing much worse than they have in recent seasons. I'd love to see that change. I will say the WRs have been better than last year. Maybe this is Year 2 in the offense, maybe it's growth by the young players, maybe it's addition by subtraction of Allison/Graham.

I'm less worried by the offense than I am by the defense. They still have lingering issues from last year that aren't fixed. DET and MIN were able to run on GB until they fell behind and had to play catchup in the 2nd half, and the MOF is still susceptible to the pass.

Good post. Agree with all of it. Tonyan looks decent, and I still think Sternberger turns it around. I think he's fighting it now, but I think he has naturally good hands. More Davante Adams or James Jones than MVS.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 02:47 PM
Sigh, queue broken record or horse beatings as the constant ranting about the need for another top receiver is getting beyond annoying. You're certainly entitled to your opinion but it's beyond old how you rope that need into almost all the threads. Add to the fact that you speak like you're absolutely right and know better than GM's and coaches that have more football knowledge than any of us fits right into the rest of this dumpster fire that is 2020.

A simple look at some of the last champions of the past 20 years suggests your rant about the need for a #2 receiver is about as valuable as monopoly money. Now granted statistics can be construed but where in the following do you see a trend of elite #2 receivers leading their teams to the SB?

2001 Patriots
- Troy Brown #1

2002 Bucs

2005 Steelers

2007 Giants

2012 Ravens

2013 Seahawks
- one receiver with 64 receptions for 898 yds and the second with 50 receptions and 778 yds (where TE was a scrub)

There were other teams borderline and indeed a few that had two very good receivers (again few) but it's not a requirement for success. The only trend I noted was that the majority of Super Bowl winners had top tier defenses.

Thus you're drum beating for a #2 receiver is likely misguided and should possibly instead be directed to the defense and our inability to stop the run so far. If anything that has the highest probability of being our achilles heel should we make the playoffs and look to play in February.

For the record, I'm not necessarily a Gute fan as I wasn't a far of Gary or our first two picks this year and would have loved to see Cephus in a Packers uniform with the 4th we lost moving up but then again you can rate drafts for 3 years and so his actions sit in the "jury is still out" category to me.

Except those teams had top end defenses.

Specifically Tampa Bay, Seattle and Baltimore which were all time great defenses. Our defense isn’t even in the same breath as those ones you listed. It would actually be disrespectful to even compare.

I have been posting PFF ratings to pretty much support all of my views. I suppose they are wrong just like me. While PFF may not be the Bible of player rankings it’s a very respected source. I have challenged people to show me something better and miraculously they can’t produce anything.

Edit; Also I’m taking about a “No.2 Option” so it doesn’t necessarily needs to be a WR. It could be a TE as well like the Chiefs use with Kelce etc etc.

Spaulding
09-22-2020, 04:13 PM

Specifically Tampa Bay, Seattle and Baltimore which were all time great defenses. Our defense isn’t even in the same breath as those ones you listed. It would actually be disrespectful to even compare.

I have been posting PFF ratings to pretty much support all of my views. I suppose they are wrong just like me. While PFF may not be the Bible of player rankings it’s a very respected source. I have challenged people to show me something better and miraculously they can’t produce anything.

Edit; Also I’m taking about a “No.2 Option” so it doesn’t necessarily needs to be a WR. It could be a TE as well like the Chiefs use with Kelce etc etc.

One could argue then that Aaron Jones is the "No. 2 Option" you pine for. None of those teams I listed had a RB that was also a threat receiving. Also, although I agree that MVS/Lazard/TE crew with the drops aren't much right now, it's a young season with young players and no training camps/pre-season to improve. If come December MVS hasn't figured out how to consistently catch the ball, St. Brown never sees the field and the young TE's don't improve I would be more open to your drum banging for another threat. However it's way too early and too small of a sample to make blanket statements.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 05:11 PM
One could argue then that Aaron Jones is the "No. 2 Option" you pine for. None of those teams I listed had a RB that was also a threat receiving. Also, although I agree that MVS/Lazard/TE crew with the drops aren't much right now, it's a young season with young players and no training camps/pre-season to improve. If come December MVS hasn't figured out how to consistently catch the ball, St. Brown never sees the field and the young TE's don't improve I would be more open to your drum banging for another threat. However it's way too early and too small of a sample to make blanket statements.

We simply can’t take that chance. There is just too much at stake IMO to roll the dice with a 36/Yo generational QB playing the way he is. With Funches and St. Brown already looking like complete non-factors there isn’t much left after MVS,Lazard and Adams other then Ervin. I’m not sure Ervin is even a legit every down option if called upon. To think all these guys will stay healthy for the rest of the season is a long shot. We will need to beat better competition at some point. We have some time to go until the trade deadline but the sooner the better IMO as it gives as much time possible for that new player to gel in this system.

Yes, Aaron jones is somewhat a second option and a nice weapon that can be used in the passing game. However; I would really prefer to have someone else on the outside either a TE or Receiver that can help create more mismatch’s and keep this offense rolling against top competition.

If the Packers and Gute sit pat with this arsenal and Rodgers takes these guys and wins a Super Bowl then they should build a statue of him in front of Lambeau immediately. That is how remarkable that would be to accomplish.

run pMc
09-23-2020, 11:30 AM
Ervin is not designed to be an every down option. He's a KR/PR with value as a gadget piece. When you see guys who run a 4.41 going in motion, you have to honor the threat of a jet sweep.

One thing MLF does that I like (and M3 did in his early days) is lots of substitutions. It forces the defense to react, and if you have flexible players (H-Backs and receiving backs) you can trot out a group from the sideline that can go heavy or spread. With Ervin I could see them using him a lot if there was a matchup they wanted to exploit - both he and Jones should be able to burn LBs in pass routes.

If Adams catches 80-90 and Jones catches 50, that's not so terrible IF the MVS/Lazard/TE contingent can pick up some slack. Based on the numbers so far they are well on their way to that. I have a sneaking suspicion Malik Taylor is going to get his chance in the next few weeks unless he doesn't do something really dumb.

All of which is to say that it would be nice to have a proven rock solid #2WR, but they can (and have) gotten by without one.

I continue to think run defense is a bigger concern. Kamara, Murray and Hill will give them a challenge on Sunday night.

Remember when Troy Brown played WR and CB for Patriots? Maybe we should get Kabion Ento or Jaire to do that. ;)

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:15 PM
Ervin is not designed to be an every down option. He's a KR/PR with value as a gadget piece. When you see guys who run a 4.41 going in motion, you have to honor the threat of a jet sweep.

One thing MLF does that I like (and M3 did in his early days) is lots of substitutions. It forces the defense to react, and if you have flexible players (H-Backs and receiving backs) you can trot out a group from the sideline that can go heavy or spread. With Ervin I could see them using him a lot if there was a matchup they wanted to exploit - both he and Jones should be able to burn LBs in pass routes.

If Adams catches 80-90 and Jones catches 50, that's not so terrible IF the MVS/Lazard/TE contingent can pick up some slack. Based on the numbers so far they are well on their way to that. I have a sneaking suspicion Malik Taylor is going to get his chance in the next few weeks unless he doesn't do something really dumb.

All of which is to say that it would be nice to have a proven rock solid #2WR, but they can (and have) gotten by without one.

I continue to think run defense is a bigger concern. Kamara, Murray and Hill will give them a challenge on Sunday night.

Remember when Troy Brown played WR and CB for Patriots? Maybe we should get Kabion Ento or Jaire to do that. ;)

This is when you wave the white flag!!!

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:16 PM
Karma is not going to be friendly regarding all this. That’s for sure!!!

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:19 PM

So you agree that Rick Wagner is a better Tackle than Brian Bulaga.

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:20 PM
People respond to a lot of the posts so I respond back.

I do believe what I’m talking about is a pretty important thing in regards to the Packers winning a Super Bowl. You have a right to feel differently.

I’ve also been diving into the defense and the good things too like how well Aaron Rodgers is playing. The AJ contract has been discussed as has other teams around the league.

Overall I would consider it a Plethora of information covered.

True. But at this point you add nothing new or relevant. People are responding because you are annoying them, not because you are causing insight, or offering anything of value.

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:23 PM
This pretty much tells it all:

http://twitter.com/PFF/status/1308459766373593088

Does anyone have a problem with this “PFF Rating?”

Are they getting it right?

Do you have a problem with this?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

4. GREEN BAY PACKERS
Green Bay's offensive line finished sixth in our 2019 rankings, anchored by left tackle David Bakhtiari, who has taken over for Joe Thomas as the best pass-protecting tackle in the league. Since 2016, no one comes close to Bakhtiari’s 96.4 pass-blocking grade. His quickness, technique and anchor allow him to handle any type of pass-rusher. Bakhtiari is a good run blocker, ranking 35th with a 69.3 grade since 2016, but pass protection is his calling card. Rick Wagner will man the other tackle spot. He has earned a 70.0-plus grade in four of his six years as a starter, though he’s coming off a career-low 59.0 grade in 2019. Bryan Bulaga had been Green Bay's starting right tackle since 2010, but injuries have plagued him throughout his career. Wagner has the pedigree to replace Bulaga’s production, which ranks 22nd in the league since 2016, but last year’s step back is a concern.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:23 PM
So you agree that Rick Wagner is a better Tackle than Brian Bulaga.

No I don’t. It’s so ridiculous that I won’t even respond to it. This thread is about the “Aaron Rodgers Revenge Tour.” Don’t want to cloud it up with with such ridiculous banter.

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:27 PM

2001 Patriots
- Troy Brown #1

2002 Bucs

2005 Steelers

2007 Giants

2012 Ravens

2013 Seahawks

He is an ARod worshipper. He doesn't get it. WR don't win championships. He wants ARod to have glory stats and doesn't actually care about a championship. Even when I pointed out that the Chiefs WR weren't all that last year he wanted to include a TE, but not a RB for GB. He is a broken record at this point in time and not the kind that was fun up until it got stuck.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:27 PM
Do you have a problem with this?

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-offensive-line-rankings-all-32-units-entering-the-2020-nfl-season

4. GREEN BAY PACKERS
Green Bay's offensive line finished sixth in our 2019 rankings, anchored by left tackle David Bakhtiari, who has taken over for Joe Thomas as the best pass-protecting tackle in the league. Since 2016, no one comes close to Bakhtiari’s 96.4 pass-blocking grade. His quickness, technique and anchor allow him to handle any type of pass-rusher. Bakhtiari is a good run blocker, ranking 35th with a 69.3 grade since 2016, but pass protection is his calling card. Rick Wagner will man the other tackle spot. He has earned a 70.0-plus grade in four of his six years as a starter, though he’s coming off a career-low 59.0 grade in 2019. Bryan Bulaga had been Green Bay's starting right tackle since 2010, but injuries have plagued him throughout his career. Wagner has the pedigree to replace Bulaga’s production, which ranks 22nd in the league since 2016, but last year’s step back is a concern.

I’m focusing more on 2019 where Bulaga was “77.8” and Wagner was “58.6.” Being that is “the most recent year” I find that to be the most prevalent. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand!!!

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:29 PM

Could it be an all world RB and a dominant run game with a #4 overall OL? Asking for a friend. Also, you are changing your narrative because you have been proven wrong many times...but I guess that is a first step.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:30 PM
He is an ARod worshipper. He doesn't get it. WR don't win championships. He wants ARod to have glory stats and doesn't actually care about a championship. Even when I pointed out that the Chiefs WR weren't all that last year he wanted to include a TE, but not a RB for GB. He is a broken record at this point in time and not the kind that was fun up until it got stuck.

Only a fool would believe the Packers have as good perimeter weapons as the Chiefs.

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:31 PM
We simply can’t take that chance. There is just too much at stake IMO to roll the dice with a 36/Yo generational QB playing the way he is. With Funches and St. Brown already looking like complete non-factors there isn’t much left after MVS,Lazard and Adams other then Ervin. I’m not sure Ervin is even a legit every down option if called upon. To think all these guys will stay healthy for the rest of the season is a long shot. We will need to beat better competition at some point. We have some time to go until the trade deadline but the sooner the better IMO as it gives as much time possible for that new player to gel in this system.

Yes, Aaron jones is somewhat a second option and a nice weapon that can be used in the passing game. However; I would really prefer to have someone else on the outside either a TE or Receiver that can help create more mismatch’s and keep this offense rolling against top competition.

If the Packers and Gute sit pat with this arsenal and Rodgers takes these guys and wins a Super Bowl then they should build a statue of him in front of Lambeau immediately. That is how remarkable that would be to accomplish.

If they win, it won't be because Rodgers did it alone. That is just stupid talk and actually contradicts everything you have been harping on for months on end.

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:33 PM
No I don’t. It’s so ridiculous that I won’t even respond to it. This thread is about the “Aaron Rodgers Revenge Tour.” Don’t want to cloud it up with with such ridiculous banter.

You are citing PFF rankings and laughing at tex for dismissing them, but over their career Wagner is better. Your logic, not mine.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:33 PM
Could it be an all world RB and a dominant run game with a #4 overall OL? Asking for a friend. Also, you are changing your narrative because you have been proven wrong many times...but I guess that is a first step.

Not even close to “changing my narrative.” There was not a TE in sight available that completes “The No.2 Option” so why even discuss it.

Maybe if they drafted Noah Fant but the Packers didn’t do that either so I don’t know what your taking about!!!

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:35 PM
I’m focusing more on 2019 where Bulaga was “77.8” and Wagner was “58.6.” Being that is “the most recent year” I find that to be the most prevalent. Not sure why that’s so hard to understand!!!

Plenty. Its about the consistency of their career. Bulaga was healthy and Wagner had some nagging injuries last year. Right now, which is all you care about, Wagner is playing pretty good ball.

bobblehead
09-23-2020, 12:36 PM
Not even close to “changing my narrative.” There was not a TE in sight available that completes “The No.2 Option” so why even discuss it.

Maybe if they drafted Noah Fant but the Packers didn’t do that either so I don’t know what your taking about!!!

Finally we agree. I will leave it at that.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:36 PM
If they win, it won't be because Rodgers did it alone. That is just stupid talk and actually contradicts everything you have been harping on for months on end.

Of course not “Doing it All Alone” but he will have done it with less talent to help him more then any team before him.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:38 PM
Finally we agree. I will leave it at that.

Do we get to see and hear your Drew Brees stats too and watch you make a fool of yourself trying to say he is just as good as Rodgers as well?

Carry On!!!

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:41 PM
Plenty. Its about the consistency of their career. Bulaga was healthy and Wagner had some nagging injuries last year. Right now, which is all you care about, Wagner is playing pretty good ball.

You are the exact Fucken reason why this franchise deserves Jordan Love and everything that comes along with it.

RashanGary
09-23-2020, 01:08 PM
Rick Wagner does have a better career Pff grade than Bulaga. And has a better grade this year. And Bulaga is injured now. Wagner looking like a dope move

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 01:29 PM
Rick Wagner does have a better career Pff grade than Bulaga. And has a better grade this year. And Bulaga is injured now. Wagner looking like a dope move

I never posted anywhere on this forum to pay Bulaga that contract to keep him. I did post to draft a Tackle earlier then the Packers did. I wanted Lucas Niang(who opted out due to virus) so it probably wouldn’t of worked out immediately.

The issue with Wagner was the injuries and drop off in production in 2019 which is why I had it as a question mark heading into the season. I don’t believe we’re out of the woods yet either with what he has or hasn’t faced yet.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 01:32 PM
I wanted to keep Bulaga like a lot of people but not for what the Chargers paid him.

run pMc
09-23-2020, 02:40 PM

There was no way we were keeping Bulaga. Age and injury history, plus there was someone on the roster (Turner) who could fill in. Wagner was a clever get, as long as we got Baltimore-Wagner, not Detroit-Wagner. So far, I think they did and the risk has paid off.

RashanGary
09-23-2020, 08:17 PM
I never posted anywhere on this forum to pay Bulaga that contract to keep him. I did post to draft a Tackle earlier then the Packers did. I wanted Lucas Niang(who opted out due to virus) so it probably wouldn’t of worked out immediately.

The issue with Wagner was the injuries and drop off in production in 2019 which is why I had it as a question mark heading into the season. I don’t believe we’re out of the woods yet either with what he has or hasn’t faced yet.

That's why gutes paid and you're not. He's getting the higher graded Pff player ”this year” for half the price of Bulaga. Your assumption that Wagner was gonna stay at the level of his injured self last year was just wrong

RashanGary
09-23-2020, 08:18 PM
Bakhtiari could be next. Let's throw Jenkins over there and see how he fares!

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 08:35 PM
That's why gutes paid and you're not. He's getting the higher graded Pff player ”this year” for half the price of Bulaga. Your assumption that Wagner was gonna stay at the level of his injured self last year was just wrong

Wow!!! What an amazing GM and a smooth operator. They should build a statue of him right next to Lombardi down at Lambeau.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 08:36 PM
Bakhtiari could be next. Let's throw Jenkins over there and see how he fares!

It’s about time he replaced some of Thompson’s guys and got his Fucken own!!!

RashanGary
09-24-2020, 11:26 AM
It’s about time he replaced some of Thompson’s guys and got his Fucken own!!!

People said that about Thompson and Thompson won a sb right after.

bobblehead
09-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Do we get to see and hear your Drew Brees stats too and watch you make a fool of yourself trying to say he is just as good as Rodgers as well?

Carry On!!!

Brees is the ALL TIME TD and yardage leader. His career is more prolific than Rodgers. That is just a fact. You are a fool if you dismiss it.

bobblehead
09-25-2020, 01:56 PM
People said that about Thompson and Thompson won a sb right after.

Actually Brandon himself hated on TT in other threads at other times.