PDA

View Full Version : Bears WR Allen Robinson Requesting To Be Traded

The Shadow
09-15-2020, 04:13 PM
Hmmm..... I wonder if the Bears might be interested in Jordan Love?

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 04:28 PM
I could only dream this would happen!!

texaspackerbacker
09-15-2020, 04:54 PM
After the way MVS and Lazard played, and we haven't even trucked out St. Brown yet? Sheeeesh, how can you people spout this stupidity? Now if somebody wants to trade a decent TE, then maybe it's worth talking about.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 06:36 PM
After the way MVS and Lazard played, and we haven't even trucked out St. Brown yet? Sheeeesh, how can you people spout this stupidity? Now if somebody wants to trade a decent TE, then maybe it's worth talking about.

What are you taking about? MVS was basically given an “F” grade from PFF for his play Sunday and his drops are an issue. Nothing new with MVS and dropping passes. Sorry, but a guy consistently dropping wide opens down field bombs is an issue.

If we lose that game everyone would want him cut.

HowardRoark
09-15-2020, 06:49 PM

But we didn’t lose....and a receiver with 96 yards and a TD helped ensure that.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 07:00 PM
But we didn’t lose....and a receiver with 96 yards and a TD helped ensure that.

Allen Robinson makes this offense unstoppable. Defenses wouldn’t have a chance.

Sparkey
09-15-2020, 08:34 PM
Do you honestly believe the Bears would ever even entertain the idea of trading Robinson within the division ?

Also, I'd bad drops in critical situations is a sign it's time to cut someone, then Adams should be gone after dropping that TD at the goal line.

How f'ing stupid does that sound.

Sparkey
09-15-2020, 08:37 PM

Lol, crazy ass dreams. When I talked liked that when I was younger, my dad would also say:. Wish in one hand and shit in the other and tell me which one fills up first. Ha ha.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 09:38 PM
Do you honestly believe the Bears would ever even entertain the idea of trading Robinson within the division ?

Also, I'd bad drops in critical situations is a sign it's time to cut someone, then Adams should be gone after dropping that TD at the goal line.

How f'ing stupid does that sound.

Of course the Bears are never gonna trade Robinson to us and that’s why I called it a dream.

As far as Adams and drops I would say yeah he dropped one and any receiver does from time to time. This isn’t the case with MVS. It’s been and still looks to be a more prevalent issue. On top of that Adams was at least contested in the endzone. MVS was wide open ready to move the chains on the 3rd down and “Bonk”. Then streaking all alone for what would of been a huge TD bomb and “Bonk”

Common Man!

Adams PFF grade for game was “84.0”

MVS was “57.5”

My fear is if we continue to go down this rabbit hole when MVS has been doing this for 3 years now that it’s gonna bite us bad down the road when it really counts. I’m not sure how at this stage right now he can be trusted.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 09:42 PM
We have AR12 throwing lasers. We can and should do better!!!

This shit ain’t gonna last forever!!

The Shadow
09-15-2020, 10:09 PM

Tex, don't get those panties in a bunch. It was a joke. kind of. I would like to see Boyle, instead of Love, learning at the feet of the Master.

Patler
09-15-2020, 10:25 PM
Offer the Bears MVS and a third round pick.......

Patler
09-15-2020, 10:35 PM
Robinson's contract is up this year, so he could end up anywhere next year, including GB. In fact, GB might be high on his list; solid QB and a need for WRs. The Bears can at least weaken a rival a little by extracting the draft choice directly from the team, rather than having him go there in the off season.

If GB gives them a third, it is a certain pick for the Bears, regardless of who the Bears might sign in FA.

The Packers should sweeten the pot with MVS, ESB, Aaron Rodgers, etc.... :)

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Robinson's contract is up this year, so he could end up anywhere next year, including GB. In fact, GB might be high on his list; solid QB and a need for WRs. The Bears can at least weaken a rival a little by extracting the draft choice directly from the team, rather than having him go there in the off season.

If GB gives them a third, it is a certain pick for the Bears, regardless of who the Bears might sign in FA.

The Packers should sweeten the pot with MVS, ESB, Aaron Rodgers, etc.... :)

Yeah, cause teams are just lining up to get a crack at MVS and ESB. They have almost no trade value. Maybe a conditional 7th if you find a sucker.

We’re running this whole thing with a bunch of spare parts.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 11:05 PM
ESB can’t get on the 53 and MVS is a couple more dropped bombs away from being out of the NFL. That’s where it’s at.

Patler
09-15-2020, 11:06 PM
Yeah, cause teams are just lining up to get a crack at MVS and ESB. They have almost no trade value. Maybe a conditional 7th if you find a sucker.

We’re running this whole thing with a bunch of spare parts.

The Bears wouldn't be trading for MVS or ESB, they would be trading for the draft choice I suggested. The player is just a sweetener, a player with some potential, some NFL experience, etc. Certainly not the primary element, but could be somebody they think has potential to fill out a roster.

Patler
09-15-2020, 11:11 PM
ESB can’t get on the 53 and MVS is a couple more dropped bombs away from being out of the NFL. That’s where it’s at.

ESB is on the 53 man roster, isn't he? Just wasn't active for the game. I read one article that said his ankle surgery was very significant; he couldn't even workout on it until this summer, and he really isn't ready to go quite yet.

Patler
09-15-2020, 11:18 PM

I agree about MVS, and as I posted in another thread, it isn't just the drops. Game awareness, precision in performance, etc. factor into it too.

Those other factors are the exact things that I think will eventually move ESB ahead of MVS, based on their rookie seasons and what MVS has shown and not shown since.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 11:21 PM
The Bears wouldn't be trading for MVS or ESB, they would be trading for the draft choice I suggested. The player is just a sweetener, a player with some potential, some NFL experience, etc. Certainly not the primary element, but could be somebody they think has potential to fill out a roster.

The Bears will most likely get a good comp pick though if he leaves in free agency. I just don’t see the Bears doing anything to help assist us in putting the final piece in play to stack our offense. They know how good Robinson is and what he would mean to the Packers offense. It would be amazing if the Packers got him but I’m not gonna get my hopes up. The Bears will have a huge market to get something for Robinson if they intend to trade him so the Packers being who they are would make it so they have to over pay dearly I would think.

Interesting enough Gute did try and sign Robinson and the Bears paid him more and he ended up there when he was a free agent last time.

GB-Brandon
09-15-2020, 11:22 PM
ESB is on the 53 man roster, isn't he? Just wasn't active for the game. I read one article that said his ankle surgery was very significant; he couldn't even workout on it until this summer, and he really isn't ready to go quite yet.

Yeah your right. He is on 53 just not activated.

Guiness
09-15-2020, 11:30 PM
My fear is if we continue to go down this rabbit hole when MVS has been doing this for 3 years now that it’s gonna bite us bad down the road when it really counts. I’m not sure how at this stage right now he can be trusted.

I said that during the game - when he dropped the ball in the endzone I thought it would be a long time before Rodgers looked his way again. I was pretty surprised when he dialed him up again.

Patler
09-15-2020, 11:38 PM
The Bears will most likely get a good comp pick though if he leaves in free agency. I just don’t see the Bears doing anything to help assist us in putting the final piece in play to stack our offense. They know how good Robinson is and what he would mean to the Packers offense. It would be amazing if the Packers got him but I’m not gonna get my hopes up. The Bears will have a huge market to get something for Robinson if they intend to trade him so the Packers being who they are would make it so they have to over pay dearly I would think.

Interesting enough Gute did try and sign Robinson and the Bears paid him more and he ended up there when he was a free agent last time.

Ya, I don't think it is likely at all. The Packers would have to make a strong offer.

The Bears may or may not get a good draft pick if he leaves as a free agent. If they go out and sign a top free agent themselves, they might get nothing. That's an advantage of a trade for the Bears, they get a guaranteed pick for him no matter what they do in free agency themselves. Further, they could get the pick in 2021, the comp pick wouldn't be until 2022.

In a trade, the draft pick comes from the team, not just a freebie from the league like a comp pick. This would make a trade to GB a little more palatable to the Bears, if they think he might end up in GB as a free agent. At least they would take something away from the Packers.

Long shot, for sure; but not completely impossible.

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 12:02 AM
Ya, I don't think it is likely at all. The Packers would have to make a strong offer.

The Bears may or may not get a good draft pick if he leaves as a free agent. If they go out and sign a top free agent themselves, they might get nothing. That's an advantage of a trade for the Bears, they get a guaranteed pick for him no matter what they do in free agency themselves. Further, they could get the pick in 2021, the comp pick wouldn't be until 2022.

In a trade, the draft pick comes from the team, not just a freebie from the league like a comp pick. This would make a trade to GB a little more palatable to the Bears, if they think he might end up in GB as a free agent. At least they would take something away from the Packers.

Long shot, for sure; but not completely impossible.

Yep!

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2020, 01:00 AM
What are you taking about? MVS was basically given an “F” grade from PFF for his play Sunday and his drops are an issue. Nothing new with MVS and dropping passes. Sorry, but a guy consistently dropping wide opens down field bombs is an issue.

If that's the case, then fuck the media pukes at PFF.

The Packers were pretty damn unstoppable as it was, and Valdez-Scantling is a helluva lot more likely to cure himself of the drops than keep doing it.

We really don't need to give up anything significant for a good but not great WR when we already have what we already have.

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2020, 01:08 AM
Tex, don't get those panties in a bunch. It was a joke. kind of. I would like to see Boyle, instead of Love, learning at the feet of the Master.

Uh, it sort of appears that the knuckleheads were serious. Joke about Love maybe - I don't much give a shit about him anyway, but I really hate the idea of trading for a WR, and the fact that he apparently is only signed through this season makes it all the more idiotic. The saving grace is this, as in so many things, is that the people running the Packers have a helluva lot more sense than the God damned media pukes and some posters.

run pMc
09-16-2020, 08:44 AM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29893082/chicago-bears-wr-allen-robinson-unhappy-contract-talks-sources-say

Depending on who you believe, he's not asked for a trade. My guess is it was implied as a negotiation tactic for a contract extension.
Wherever he ends up he'll likely have an agreement in place for an extension. He makes $14M this year.

I have trouble seeing him signing with/playing for GB. I'm not sure how his salary (+an extension) works with their cap, and they have Davante's contract coming up anyway.

Oh, and I see Sanu signed with the 49ers. Is he washed up? Belichick let him go, and they weren't exactly stacked at WR...

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 09:07 AM
If that's the case, then fuck the media pukes at PFF.

The Packers were pretty damn unstoppable as it was, and Valdez-Scantling is a helluva lot more likely to cure himself of the drops than keep doing it.

We really don't need to give up anything significant for a good but not great WR when we already have what we already have.

PFF is grading system that many NFL teams use for reference so I’m not sure what the heck you mean here.

2018 Grade 60.4

2019 Grade 57.0

2020 Grade thus far 57.5

To me that shows a pretty consistent trend of what we have. A Giant “F”

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 10:30 AM
I think our best shot is for the Bengals to keep losing and make a move for AJ Green. He is healthy and looked good Sunday. Would give us the perfect 1 year rental and no.2 option with Adams.

This would be amazing!!!!

run pMc
09-16-2020, 11:26 AM
I think our best shot is for the Bengals to keep losing and make a move for AJ Green. He is healthy and looked good Sunday. Would give us the perfect 1 year rental and no.2 option with Adams.

This would be amazing!!!!

it would, but I think it's a pipe dream.

I have trouble seeing them trade one of their best players and #1 WR. Joe Burrow is going to need all the help he can get, and trading away your playmakers doesn't help.

Let's say he does go on the trading block. He's 32 years old, coming off an injury, but still productive. It's the last year of a contract paying him $18M. What do you give up for him? What would it take to keep him past this year? Can he get up to speed in the offense mid-year?
Before you say let's throw the Bengals a R2 or R3 pick for Green, think about why they would want to take that. Also, if he's a half-season rental, is that worth it? I honestly don't know.

Hypothetical: What would you take for Davante Adams in trade? He's 5 years younger, been hurt less, and still very productive, has an extra year on his contract (vs. Green) and his salary is $12M.
I wouldn't put him on the trading block, period. If you're the GM and some team came asking you what it would take, what would you say?

(Note: I'm not loooking at bonuses/cap hits, so I'm being very simplistic)

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 03:40 PM
it would, but I think it's a pipe dream.

I have trouble seeing them trade one of their best players and #1 WR. Joe Burrow is going to need all the help he can get, and trading away your playmakers doesn't help.

Let's say he does go on the trading block. He's 32 years old, coming off an injury, but still productive. It's the last year of a contract paying him $18M. What do you give up for him? What would it take to keep him past this year? Can he get up to speed in the offense mid-year?
Before you say let's throw the Bengals a R2 or R3 pick for Green, think about why they would want to take that. Also, if he's a half-season rental, is that worth it? I honestly don't know.

Hypothetical: What would you take for Davante Adams in trade? He's 5 years younger, been hurt less, and still very productive, has an extra year on his contract (vs. Green) and his salary is $12M.
I wouldn't put him on the trading block, period. If you're the GM and some team came asking you what it would take, what would you say?

(Note: I'm not loooking at bonuses/cap hits, so I'm being very simplistic)

So much goes into answering this but I’ll start with Joe Burrow is 23 so they are going to be looking more long term. The chance of AJ Green being helpful to them by the time Burrow develops is practically zero. They’d be much better off parlaying and getting something for him while they can for future assets that line up better with Burrow’s timeline. Last season it was harder to move Green because he was in the middle of the injury. Now that he is on the field producing he has more value.

Patler also explained in depth why it would be in the Bengals best interest to trade him over trying to possibly obtain a comp pick if he makes it to free agency. Why would AJ Green even want to stay in Cincinnati at his age with the team being in a rebuild?

As far as the Packers it’s the perfect move. Sure, we would give up a pick and most likely a 3rd or 4th but if thats what it takes to give us the best shot then sign me up!!!! Like I keep saying we’re getting close to not even having these opportunities anymore so I don’t really know what the hold up is. I’d feel better about a 32 yo vet grasping our offense then a rookie or some younger player too.

Lastly, what’s the draft gonna look like next year? With over half the college teams not even playing sounds like what was already kind of a crap shoot is gonna be even a bigger one. A 3rd round pick doesn’t appear to maybe have the same value.

This is a no-brainer!!! Go Get AJ Green and give AR12 the best chance possible to bring a Lombardi back to Titletown. It’s that simple!!! Quit fucken around!!

texaspackerbacker
09-16-2020, 03:48 PM
It's idiotic to talk about the Packers trading for good WRs much less a washed up old one.

Joemailman
09-16-2020, 04:03 PM
So much goes into answering this but I’ll start with Joe Burrow is 23 so they are going to be looking more long term. The chance of AJ Green being helpful to them by the time Burrow develops is practically zero. They’d be much better off parlaying and getting something for him while they can for future assets that line up better with Burrow’s timeline. Last season it was harder to move Green because he was in the middle of the injury. Now that he is on the field producing he has more value.

Patler also explained in depth why it would be in the Bengals best interest to trade him over trying to possibly obtain a comp pick if he makes it to free agency. Why would AJ Green even want to stay in Cincinnati at his age with the team being in a rebuild?

As far as the Packers it’s the perfect move. Sure, we would give up a pick and most likely a 3rd or 4th but if thats what it takes to give us the best shot then sign me up!!!! Like I keep saying we’re getting close to not even having these opportunities anymore so I don’t really know what the hold up is. I’d feel better about a 32 yo vet grasping our offense then a rookie or some younger player too.

Lastly, what’s the draft gonna look like next year? With over half the college teams not even playing sounds like what was already kind of a crap shoot is gonna be even a bigger one. A 3rd round pick doesn’t appear to maybe have the same value.

This is a no-brainer!!! Go Get AJ Green and give AR12 the best chance possible to bring a Lombardi back to Titletown. It’s that simple!!! Quit fucken around!!

So you want to give up a 3rd round pick and pay a guy over a million dollars a game who missed all of 2019 and half of 2018? And who will be a free agent at the end of the year? All because he had 5 catches for 51 yards last week? Which was less than MVS and Lazard? Do I have that right?

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 04:07 PM
So you want to give up a 3rd round pick and pay a guy over a million dollars a game who missed all of 2019 and half of 2018? And who will be a free agent at the end of the year? All because he had 5 catches for 51 yards last week? Which was less than MVS and Lazard? Do I have that right?

Yeah. He has been a top 10 receiver when healthy. I’d prefer to get it done for a 4th.

Joemailman
09-16-2020, 04:12 PM
Yeah. He has been a top 10 receiver when healthy. I’d prefer to get it done for a 4th.

He's 32 years old. He will likely never again be the receiver he was. Besides Packers don't need another top 10 receiver. They already have a top 5. This is not Mike McCarthy's offense. It is not as reliant on having several outstanding WR's.

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 04:19 PM
He's 32 years old. He will likely never again be the receiver he was. Besides Packers don't need another top 10 receiver. They already have a top 5. This is not Mike McCarthy's offense. It is not as reliant on having several outstanding WR's.

That’s why I like him as the no.2 in this offense. And more importantly the “No. 2 Option” and not so much the “No.2 Receiver”.

You have D. Adams working one side and defenses simply won’t be able to double and cheat safeties as much to Adams with AJ Green working the other side of the field. It would also open things up for a very average TE group. Green is still very talented and enough for what we need. We would need him to stay healthy and that would be the risk but at some point we’re gonna have to take a chance.

Having this No.2 Option would allow us to exploit even really good secondaries and defenses which we will certainly face on the way to the ultimate prize.

RashanGary
09-16-2020, 09:45 PM
PFF is grading system that many NFL teams use for reference so I’m not sure what the heck you mean here.

2018 Grade 60.4

2019 Grade 57.0

2020 Grade thus far 57.5

60 is a starter you’re looking to replace, not an F. :lol:

And that was him as a rookie. To not expect improvement if a guy is working is kinda stupid there, guy.

RashanGary
09-16-2020, 09:55 PM

2018 Grade 60.4

2019 Grade 57.0

2020 Grade thus far 57.5

You’re so smart to assume young players stay the same and never get better :lol:

Why didn’t I think of that :lol:

RashanGary
09-16-2020, 09:57 PM
Did you guys know that they call it a players prime because it’s the same as when they’re a rookie and never played a game or an injured second year player :lol:

We learn something new every day!

RashanGary
09-16-2020, 10:00 PM
Brandon, you’re so smart. You should be running the packers :lol:

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 10:12 PM
60 is a starter you’re looking to replace, not an F. :lol:

And that was him as a rookie. To not expect improvement if a guy is working is kinda stupid there, guy.

Once again your spewing propaganda!!!!

https://twitter.com/pff/status/652583704800444416?s=21

He is actually considered “Replaceable” which is exactly what I’m posting on what GuteKunt should do in this thread.

Same thing as an “F” as far I’m concerned!!!!

RashanGary
09-16-2020, 10:15 PM
Once again your spewing propaganda!!!!

https://twitter.com/pff/status/652583704800444416?s=21

He is actually considered “Replaceable” which is exactly what I’m posting on what GuteKunt should do in this thread.

Same thing as an “F” as far I’m concerned!!!!

“Looking to replace” and “replaceable” are so different :lol:

Oh, the propaganda is just too much :lol:

GB-Brandon
09-16-2020, 10:39 PM
“Looking to replace” and “replaceable” are so different :lol:

Oh, the propaganda is just too much :lol:

It basically means we could promote someone from the practice squad and not miss a beat. That’s a Giant Fail all things considered.

We need to replace him with someone better. The season depends on it!

RashanGary
09-16-2020, 11:33 PM
It basically means we could promote someone from the practice squad and not miss a beat. That’s a Giant Fail all things considered.

We need to replace him with someone better. The season depends on it!

You're so smart, why didn't anyone think of that :lol:

RashanGary
09-16-2020, 11:39 PM
For the record, mraynrand, I'm notta bout to be run off by pathetic trolls, ala my favorite shit talking beast (you, sir rand, first of his name, leader or trash talk, master of traditional dragons)

Brandon is but an amusement, not something to be taken seriously, as you shouldn't have Partial :lol:

Come back, rand, you're as needed as pb :lol:!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 09:12 AM
You're so smart, why didn't anyone think of that :lol:

If it’s so Fucken obvious then why has it not been done yet?

bobblehead
09-17-2020, 10:52 AM

I am talking to a brick wall, but you realize the bears simply will not trade Robinson in the division right? I mean you aren't that dumb, correct?

bobblehead
09-17-2020, 10:53 AM
Of course the Bears are never gonna trade Robinson to us and that’s why I called it a dream.

Whew...at least I know you aren't insane now.

bobblehead
09-17-2020, 10:57 AM

2018 Grade 60.4

2019 Grade 57.0

2020 Grade thus far 57.5

So, does that same system apply when it puts Wagner at a better career than Bulaga? Asking for a friend.

bobblehead
09-17-2020, 11:00 AM

MVS has been highly productive when healthy.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-17-2020, 11:23 AM
A 1st for OBJ.

run pMc
09-17-2020, 11:28 AM
LAST YEAR Green was projected to be at least worth a R2 pick. I don't think Cincy is parting with him, and certainly not for a R4. Sanu got a R2 from NE last year, and he's been cut and now with SF. I'm sure there were inquiries last year, and that he wasn't moved (in a WR rich draft) says something.

Even if CIN is looking long term with Burrow, you make his transition easier and faster with more weapons. Sunday, Green was the first option on many occasions. I just don't see why they would give him up, but there is a reason CIN is constantly drafting top 10...

All that aside, I have a very hard time seeing the Packers taking on that salary, and on an aging rental. They tend to be youth-movement oriented... ex. Bulaga.

I still think Green is a good player, but his best years are behind him, and it's possible MVS, EQ, and Lazard's are still ahead of them (and they are cheaper). Cost vs. production vs. risk says most GMs pass on this.

And yeah, Robinson isn't being traded within the division. No GM in their right mind does that... that's why Favre got sent to the Jets.

run pMc
09-17-2020, 11:31 AM
A 1st for OBJ.

What has he done lately? Dude is super talented, but what a head case/team cancer.
I'd rather trade a 1 for your boy Metcalf... not that I like that trade, but still. He's a perfect fit for SEA's offense.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-17-2020, 11:51 AM
What has he done lately? Dude is super talented, but what a head case/team cancer.
I'd rather trade a 1 for your boy Metcalf... not that I like that trade, but still. He's a perfect fit for SEA's offense.

Can’t be fruitful when Manzel, err, Mayfield is throwing picks all over the field.

Metcalf has football in his blood. Football smart as fuck. Rodgers likes smart WRs. That’s why the Sloth played a tons over Janis. Metcalf’s king fu is 1000 times better than the Sloth. Thinking about the Great Arm of Butte throwing the Metcalf is getting me aroused.

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 11:54 AM
A 1st for OBJ.

Don't think we need to go that extreme. AJ Green would do the job.

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 11:57 AM
LAST YEAR Green was projected to be at least worth a R2 pick. I don't think Cincy is parting with him, and certainly not for a R4. Sanu got a R2 from NE last year, and he's been cut and now with SF. I'm sure there were inquiries last year, and that he wasn't moved (in a WR rich draft) says something.

Even if CIN is looking long term with Burrow, you make his transition easier and faster with more weapons. Sunday, Green was the first option on many occasions. I just don't see why they would give him up, but there is a reason CIN is constantly drafting top 10...

All that aside, I have a very hard time seeing the Packers taking on that salary, and on an aging rental. They tend to be youth-movement oriented... ex. Bulaga.

I still think Green is a good player, but his best years are behind him, and it's possible MVS, EQ, and Lazard's are still ahead of them (and they are cheaper). Cost vs. production vs. risk says most GMs pass on this.

And yeah, Robinson isn't being traded within the division. No GM in their right mind does that... that's why Favre got sent to the Jets.

I don't care anymore!!!!! If your Gute you go get this deal done and save your job!!!

I've seen countless picks and $ wasted on just about everything else. Time to make a move that makes actual sense!! Go Big or Go Home!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 03:58 PM
MVS has been highly productive when healthy.

#FoolsGold

RashanGary
09-17-2020, 07:15 PM
#FoolsGold

People were saying that about Davante the fraud Adams too. Maybe. Maybe not. 12, 17 and company love MVS so I’m gonna lean toward MVS being better than his injury filled second season and rookie campaigns

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 07:26 PM
Did anyone just see AJ Green make that catch against Cleveland? Was overturned but WOW!!!

Anyone saying he doesn’t still have it is a fool!!

Go get him and bring home the Lombardi!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 07:28 PM
People were saying that about Davante the fraud Adams too. Maybe. Maybe not. 12, 17 and company love MVS so I’m gonna lean toward MVS being better than his injury filled second season and rookie campaigns

Good for you.

texaspackerbacker
09-17-2020, 08:34 PM
We don't need Robinson; We don't need Green; We don't even need OBJ, although he at least would be approximately Davante level. I wouldn't say the same for other two or much of anybody else.

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 09:27 PM
We don't need Robinson; We don't need Green; We don't even need OBJ, although he at least would be approximately Davante level. I wouldn't say the same for other two or much of anybody else.

Why would you not want to “Stack The Deck” with a 36 year old generational QB that is dialed in and ready to go?

We have to cover every single base here and do everything possible to go for it now. Especially with the defense possibly taking a step back. We don’t know how much longer Rodgers will be here and even if he is here a little longer time is running out. We have seen how quickly a season can turn with one tackle that leads to season ending injury. Soon this will all be gone.

It’s Fucken NOW TIME!!!!!

Get over it!!!

GB-Brandon
09-17-2020, 09:38 PM
It like they have wasted his whole career so let’s just squeeze the last drip out or another “We Got Pretty Close” Tour!!!

texaspackerbacker
09-18-2020, 01:59 AM
Why would you not want to “Stack The Deck” with a 36 year old generational QB that is dialed in and ready to go?

We have to cover every single base here and do everything possible to go for it now. Especially with the defense possibly taking a step back. We don’t know how much longer Rodgers will be here and even if he is here a little longer time is running out. We have seen how quickly a season can turn with one tackle that leads to season ending injury. Soon this will all be gone.

It’s Fucken NOW TIME!!!!!

Get over it!!!

The answer to your question is: there is a roster limit, as well as a salary cap. To "Stack The Deck” with unnecessary WRs when we are already so well off at WR would reduce what we could put into other positions where maybe we have real needs.

Upnorth
09-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Don't think we need to go that extreme. AJ Green would do the job.

So do what should we give them for green?

texaspackerbacker
09-18-2020, 10:32 AM
A seventh round pick the year after next, and Cincy pays 90% of his salary this year - take it or leave it hahahahahaha

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 10:48 AM
So do what should we give them for green?

Well last year the Niners got E. Sanders for swapping a 3rd and a 4th for a 5th and he was in last year of contract(similar situation). Pats got Sanu for a 2nd but he was under longer contract.

Based on what I have saw of Green thus far it’s gonna take at least take a 3rd. He has been a little rusty but his elite athletic movement and twitch still appears to be there. Plus Burrow has been having problems with the deep ball. I could see the Bengals digging in for a 2nd and that might be a little to rich for my blood. It would depend if the Packers want to re-sign him to a short term deal.

If we could do a 3rd or 4th and a development type player then that would be a home run IMO. I know they need help in the secondary and defense in general. Josh Jackson might be a guy they would bite on.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 11:10 AM
The answer to your question is: there is a roster limit, as well as a salary cap. To "Stack The Deck” with unnecessary WRs when we are already so well off at WR would reduce what we could put into other positions where maybe we have real needs.

Roster limit? LOL!!!!!! Are you worried about AJ Green hogging up a roster spot? LOL

All they really have invested in the receiver position is Adams. They haven’t done anything other then the failed attempt with Funches in the last few years in regards to investing in the receiver group so I don’t know what the hell your talking about.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 11:12 AM
We’re fine on the salary cap. Don’t need to extend Aaron Jones. Problem solved!!

bobblehead
09-18-2020, 11:32 AM
We’re fine on the salary cap. Don’t need to extend Aaron Jones. Problem solved!!

OMG!!! ARON RODGERS HAS NO WEAPONS AND IS DOING IT ALL HIMSELF AND YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY HIS BEST RB!! OMG, YOU MUST BE A RODGERS HATER!!

I tried to get grammatically incorrect and make spelling mistakes to truly capture it, but I just can't do it.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 11:38 AM
OMG!!! ARON RODGERS HAS NO WEAPONS AND IS DOING IT ALL HIMSELF AND YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY HIS BEST RB!! OMG, YOU MUST BE A RODGERS HATER!!

I tried to get grammatically incorrect and make spelling mistakes to truly capture it, but I just can't do it.

Well once again you just don’t get it. YOU DON’T PAY RB’S 12 MiLLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!!

I just can’t belive I have to explain all this stuff. It gets TIRING!!

They drafted Dillion who can step in next year and replace Jones. I would. Strongly recommend keeping J.Williams on a nice team friendly deal.

NEXT!!!!!

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 11:40 AM
I like Dexter Williams too. RB is not the Problem!!!!!!!!!

RashanGary
09-18-2020, 01:02 PM
Well once again you just don’t get it. YOU DON’T PAY RB’S 12 MiLLION DOLLARS A YEAR!!!!

I just can’t belive I have to explain all this stuff. It gets TIRING!!

They drafted Dillion who can step in next year and replace Jones. I would. Strongly recommend keeping J.Williams on a nice team friendly deal.

NEXT!!!!!

I agree with you here fo sho. I watch all the games. Jones is just a top 15 back. Nothing to drool over, and definitely nothing to pay so greatly that you can't afford to pay your actual rare ball players. Keep Dillon for regular down and distances and Williams is an ideal third down back for 12 to thrive with on passing plays.

We differ here, but I like smart DB's who play together for extended time so they can handle all of the complexities of modern offenses. I'd rather pay to keep the secondary together than pay top dollar for a good running back that can be replaced.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 03:07 PM
If Gute pays Aaron Jones then that’s means Aaron Rodgers is just about out the door!!!

They got Bak, King and Adams coming up!!

Linsley too.

RashanGary
09-18-2020, 03:15 PM
If Gute pays Aaron Jones then that’s means Aaron Rodgers is just about out the door!!!

They got Bak, King and Adams coming up!!

Watching Chubb, Brandon Jacobs, Zeke, Kareem Hunt, Gurley had a hell of a game, Kamara, Gordon, Cook (who had a down game but is a beast), Mixon (who plays with an awful OL), Henry, and even Adrian Peterson still playing better than Jones...... Thats 10 guys playing better ball based on me watching the games and seeing guys break tackles and run well.

There is a whole list of other guys who are about as good as Jones. Marlon Mack is real good. the rookie in KC played well. Jonathan Taylor looks like he could be a player. Barkley had a tough game against the best front 5 in football, but he's really talented, David Johnson looks solid, Ronald Jones is really good. Sony Michel is solid......

There are a lot of really good running backs and a lot better than Jones. I would have such a hard time paying him even though he's the worlds best guy and a damn solid player. But money is so key when it comes to keeping the rare guys like bigs and QB's and elite secondary players. Would be so hard to pay a solid running back a huge pay check. I just couldn't do it cuz it would take away from more important and harder to find pieces.

RashanGary
09-18-2020, 03:20 PM
On the flip side, minny did play more 8 man boxes than AR has seen in a long time. Opened things up for the passing game. If Dillon looks good, you move on tho and keep jamal.for a couple pennies.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 03:32 PM
Watching Chubb, Brandon Jacobs, Zeke, Kareem Hunt, Gurley had a hell of a game, Kamara, Gordon, Cook (who had a down game but is a beast), Mixon (who plays with an awful OL), Henry, and even Adrian Peterson still playing better than Jones...... Thats 10 guys playing better ball based on me watching the games and seeing guys break tackles and run well.

There is a whole list of other guys who are about as good as Jones. Marlon Mack is real good. the rookie in KC played well. Jonathan Taylor looks like he could be a player. Barkley had a tough game against the best front 5 in football, but he's really talented, David Johnson looks solid, Ronald Jones is really good. Sony Michel is solid......

There are a lot of really good running backs and a lot better than Jones. I would have such a hard time paying him even though he's the worlds best guy and a damn solid player. But money is so key when it comes to keeping the rare guys like bigs and QB's and elite secondary players. Would be so hard to pay a solid running back a huge pay check. I just couldn't do it cuz it would take away from more important and harder to find pieces.

Unless we’re talking Barry Sanders I’d never pay a RB more then a rookie contract or a team friendly deal after that. Period!!!

Patler
09-18-2020, 03:40 PM
Unless we’re talking Barry Sanders I’d never pay a RB more then a rookie contract or a team friendly deal after that. Period!!!

... and even Sanders decided to screw the team by retiring early! (Have to admit, I don't recall the ultimate decision on his signing bonus.)

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 03:55 PM
The fact is this is where they manage the cap and keep the bloat down.

King is going to have to earn his extension! Maybe Josh Jackson can step up there. Everyone talks about all this “Improvement and Growth”. When are all these picks on defense gonna “improve and Grow?”

We have managed paying more then one receiver bigger contracts for years while having Rodgers so when I hear it’s a cap issue it’s like someone running their nails down a chalk board!!!

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 04:04 PM
Bak and Adams are almost “Must Signs”. Usually guys getting their 3rd contract aren’t but with the Packers having nobody in clear sight of being close to these guys they have become “Must Signs”.

No Bak and and no Adams would be Bad News Bears!!!!

RashanGary
09-18-2020, 04:05 PM
The fact is this is where they manage the cap and keep the bloat down.

King is going to have to earn his extension! Maybe Josh Jackson can step up there. Everyone talks about all this “Improvement and Growth”. When are all these picks on defense gonna “improve and Grow?”

We have managed paying more then one receiver bigger contracts for years while having Rodgers so when I hear it’s a cap issue it’s like someone running their nails down a chalk board!!!

There's a salary cap in the nfl. Get used to it.

GB-Brandon
09-18-2020, 04:17 PM
With “Thompson Talent” we were able to Segway Bulaga to RT with Bak filling in at LT and transition Adams into the No.1 receiver spot from Jordy while still having Randall Cobb.

I just don’t see any type of seamless Segway or transition in sight!!!

The drop off is immense!!!!

“F”

GB-Brandon
09-24-2020, 03:33 PM
Brandon, you’re so smart. You should be running the packers :lol:

I would work tirelessly to keep us on the right side of everything and NEVER LET YOU DOWN!!!

Gotta crack a few eggs to make an omelette!!!!

RashanGary
09-24-2020, 05:53 PM
With “Thompson Talent” we were able to Segway Bulaga to RT with Bak filling in at LT and transition Adams into the No.1 receiver spot from Jordy while still having Randall Cobb.

I just don’t see any type of seamless Segway or transition in sight!!!

The drop off is immense!!!!

“F”

Bakh was kind of a right away guy, but two years in Adams was a whipping post for media and doubters. Lazard might be more than you think. We did have a year of marshmallow before bakh. Jenkins has a shot to play lt. I wouldn't doubt him