PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 other games thread

RashanGary
09-18-2020, 06:13 PM
Mayfield had a game. Really accurate and good velocity on the move. Big day against a bad defense. Curious to see how they evolve.

RashanGary
09-19-2020, 08:35 PM
Matt Forte is #34 on the greatest bears players of all time. I don’t know if he’d be on the greatest packers since 1990 list :lol:

bobblehead
09-19-2020, 11:43 PM
Burrow showed great poise in that Thursday game. His OL is a sieve. He lacks the howitzer of an arm, but its good enough. I compared him to Peyton coming out...Peyton didn't have elite arm talent either, but that never slowed him down.

RashanGary
09-20-2020, 09:23 AM
Burrow showed great poise in that Thursday game. His OL is a sieve. He lacks the howitzer of an arm, but its good enough. I compared him to Peyton coming out...Peyton didn't have elite arm talent either, but that never slowed him down.

I'm down with that comp. Peyton or Eli. Average arm, soft and catchable ball, fast decision making for a rookie that will only improve as the game slows down for him.

I like Burrow, Daniel Jones and Kyler Murray so far

Anti-Polar Bear
09-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Falcons just fucked up onside recovery. Just stood around.

Anti-Polar Bear
09-20-2020, 03:36 PM
Well, McCarthy has now won at least a game with multiple teams.

Fosco33
09-20-2020, 03:39 PM
Well cowboys did have 570 yards of offense. That was enough to overcome 3 turnovers

GB-Brandon
09-20-2020, 03:55 PM
Buffalo beat Miami 31-28. Does anyone remember what the spread was?

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2020, 04:13 PM
Matt Forte is #34 on the greatest bears players of all time. I don’t know if he’d be on the greatest packers since 1990 list :lol:

Matt Forte was pretty good. He played in about as many games as Ahman Green and finished with more rushing yards (although with 0.3 yards/carry less), 176 more receptions, and one more TD than Ahman. He wasn't very dynamic, but he was a good all around RB.

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2020, 04:14 PM
Well cowboys did have 570 yards of offense. That was enough to overcome 3 turnovers

McCarthy got away with another head scratching coaching decision because of the onside kick recovery.

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2020, 04:15 PM

Josh Allen looks like the real deal.

HarveyWallbangers
09-20-2020, 04:26 PM
Bryan Bulaga out with a knee injury for the Chargers. Questionable to return.

texaspackerbacker
09-20-2020, 05:05 PM
49ers injuries, wow. Not to sound happy or anything hahahahaha but it is what it is - a boost for the rest of the league, especially the Packers. Bosa and Mostaert apparently out for the season, Garoppalo maybe too.

Edit: Bosa and D Lineman Solomon Thomas probable ACLs but Mostaert probably an MCL, and Garoppalo a high ankle sprain.

pittstang5
09-20-2020, 05:57 PM

Not 3 - I think Buff -6, at least that's what it was on Wednesday.

Cheesehead Craig
09-20-2020, 07:00 PM
MN is going to be one of the worst teams this season.

Joemailman
09-20-2020, 07:10 PM

Cousins' stats today are shocking: 11-26, 113 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT, Passer rating 15.9.

bobblehead
09-20-2020, 07:12 PM

-5 1/2 Buffalo

GB-Brandon
09-20-2020, 07:13 PM

I tried telling everyone that last week but some people just didn’t want to hear it.

There In a mini rebuild.

texaspackerbacker
09-20-2020, 09:06 PM
I'm not ready to count the Vikings out completely yet. Note, it's mostly the Packer detractors trying to minimize what we did to them who are saying this stuff. I've never liked Cousins, and he had a really bad game this week, but he's not always gonna be that bad. Cook is more than decent. The personnel losses they had - Diggs, Joseph, etc. just shouldn't make that much difference.

They may not end up much above .500, but I don't expect them to have a losing record.

GB-Brandon
09-20-2020, 09:44 PM
I'm not ready to count the Vikings out completely yet. Note, it's mostly the Packer detractors trying to minimize what we did to them who are saying this stuff. I've never liked Cousins, and he had a really bad game this week, but he's not always gonna be that bad. Cook is more than decent. The personnel losses they had - Diggs, Joseph, etc. just shouldn't make that much difference.

They may not end up much above .500, but I don't expect them to have a losing record.

I wouldn’t call it “Packer Detractors”. It is more or less people that are frustrated with the front office not using all necessary resources to finish a Super Bowl run and get over the hump. This is a good football team but it could be a dominant football team. Yes, there beating some weaker competition but I think the discussion will be very interesting a week from now. I think the “Buy In” or “the Sell” will be reinforced what happens next week with legit competition.

We’ve seen this movie before many many times. It makes it very hard because people think some of are rooting against the Packers and we’re not. I’ve actually placed bets on the Packers the last two weeks yet some think I want them to lose or something. It’s just bizarre.

run pMc
09-21-2020, 08:22 AM

Tex, losing Diggs really hurt them. It's easier to focus on Theilen now, the other WRs aren't there yet although I thought Bisi Johnson would have a good year. On defense they lost a LOT of players, including their top 3 CBs (Rhodes, Waynes, Alexander) as well as Everson Griffen and Linval Joseph. Counting Diggs, that's basically 6 starters right there. There are starting to be whispers about Harrison Smith aging, and I wonder how long an undersized Erik Kendricks will hold up.

I generally think Spielman drafts pretty good, but there's just something missing with this team... they are behind at 0-2 (the play-by-play people talked ad nauseum about how hard it is to make playoffs starting 0-2) and I don't see them as a playoff team this year but this team could develop in a year or two. They will give some teams trouble, and I've learned to NEVER count a divison foe out.

All that said, Cousins had a tough day. One pick was a end of 1st half hail mary, and another went right thru a receiver's hands...so I wouldn't put those on him, but he didn't look comfortable in the pocket, and he looked a lot for Thielen. His other receivers didn't step up.

Right now, if you bottle up Cook that team is in trouble.

RashanGary
09-21-2020, 09:40 PM
Saints looking beatable

texaspackerbacker
09-22-2020, 04:59 AM
Exactly what I was gonna say.

RashanGary
09-22-2020, 08:48 AM
49ers without Buckner, Bosa and Solomon Thomas from last years DL rotation. Armstead (high quality), Ford (decent) and Kinlaw (decent for a rookie) not gonna be able to do much. To be elite, you want 3 really good ones and they have maybe 2. Offenses can slow two down pretty easy.

That’s gonna put more stress on their DB group

And the points they’re gonna give up is gonna put more pressure on their offense to throw the ball and score points.

A disasterous matchup for us in the NFC is probably done for. Packers should be top team in the NFC after we spank the aints

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 09:41 AM
Niners might be done. At the very least they are not elite upfront any longer. More pressure will now be put on Garapalo to score more points.

The Seahawks have like zero defense.

I believe after the first two weeks the Rams are the best all around team in that division(One of my ML specials last week). They are pretty good at everything and Goff is playing extremely well.

Guiness
09-22-2020, 10:10 AM
Bryan Bulaga out with a knee injury for the Chargers. Questionable to return.

I feel letting him walk was a good choice. Last two seasons he held up well, but I always felt like the next injury was just around the corner.

RashanGary
09-22-2020, 11:57 AM
The Seahawks have like zero defense.

Average. Carroll has those young, up and coming, defensive backs playing good ball. Jamal Adams is a top 10 defensive player in the league and the best safety. He brings it and they put him in spots to do what he does. Linebackers are real good.

Up front they’re garbage. Teams like the Packers who can run the ball Inside with a married type or run/pass action that slow down the LB Corp are gonna keep russ out the kitchen and have a great shot at knocking them off on any given game. Hope we can get home field cuz with fans, pretty sure we’d chew them up in the playoffs again.

Health is gonna be the factor for all teams.

RashanGary
09-22-2020, 11:59 AM
Packers in really good shape to push for that 1 seed.

George Cumby
09-22-2020, 12:20 PM
Packers in really good shape to push for that 1 seed.

Where's the playoff standings thread?

Who does those?

Joe or Harv?

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 12:29 PM
Where's the playoff standings thread?

Who does those?

Joe or Harv?

After week 2?

Seriously?

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Average. Carroll has those young, up and coming, defensive backs playing good ball. Jamal Adams is a top 10 defensive player in the league and the best safety. He brings it and they put him in spots to do what he does. Linebackers are real good.

Up front they’re garbage. Teams like the Packers who can run the ball Inside with a married type or run/pass action that slow down the LB Corp are gonna keep russ out the kitchen and have a great shot at knocking them off on any given game. Hope we can get home field cuz with fans, pretty sure we’d chew them up in the playoffs again.

Health is gonna be the factor for all teams.

This is what I posted about them before the season which I why I had them falling off this year.. They also lost Bruce Irvin(who isn’t all that great) but was their best pass rusher for the season.

They can score though so I expect them to be in the mix. However; Rams are much better team on paper.

RashanGary
09-22-2020, 02:32 PM
This is what I posted about them before the season which I why I had them falling off this year.. They also lost Bruce Irvin(who isn’t all that great) but was their best pass rusher for the season.

They can score though so I expect them to be in the mix. However; Rams are much better team on paper.

You know your shit man. I have to see them a little more. Hard to know what teams had a great development offseason from their up and comers. Every year guys come out of seemingly no where. Like that safety Simmons in Denver last year and godwin and chark at WR. Some guys, most guys take a year or two and some guys drop off with age fast. So paper champs is a hard bet. Cardinals have a shot too. Murray looked good in game 1. I'm late getting to this week's games so I gotta see more there. Rams too.

GB-Brandon
09-22-2020, 07:54 PM
You know your shit man. I have to see them a little more. Hard to know what teams had a great development offseason from their up and comers. Every year guys come out of seemingly no where. Like that safety Simmons in Denver last year and godwin and chark at WR. Some guys, most guys take a year or two and some guys drop off with age fast. So paper champs is a hard bet. Cardinals have a shot too. Murray looked good in game 1. I'm late getting to this week's games so I gotta see more there. Rams too.

The Cardinals are much improved. Glad we don’t have to play them. I still think they might be a year away.. still, they could cause some problems for teams in their division and even contend for a Wild Card.

RashanGary
09-22-2020, 09:45 PM
Health is such a big part of it. Brees looks washed. 49ers just devastated by injuries.

Packers, seahawks, maybe rams and Cowboys, maybe Vikings and Bears.... No team in the NFC is untouchable.

Amos had a 40 Pff grade but Josh Jackson has an 80. It's hard to take two games seriously on the Pff grades. Once Clark is back, we'll get an idea of the Packers full potential. But GB definitely near the top of the NFc

George Cumby
09-22-2020, 10:57 PM
After week 2?

Seriously?

You're new here.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:12 AM
The Philadelphia Eagles and Carson Wentz are really struggling. Fans already wanting to burn the whole thing down. Wentz doesn’t look good at all. His current PFF score is “44.0.” They have been destroyed by injuries and they are heading in the wrong direction. Unless Wentz can magically turn it around they are heading towards a losing season. If they keep losing Desean Jackson could become available.

Desean Jackson could probably be got for a mid round pick and has a very manageable cap number. He is signed through next season with about 5.5 in dead $ if the Packers released him and decided to move on. He would be the perfect asset to this offense and insurance policy on a deep playoff run. I really like the idea of Desean Jackson on a run!!! He can still play and it’s manageable and affordable for all the cap “Bean Counters.” I would really feel much better about everything having D. Jackson.

Let’s hope Philly keeps losing!

call_me_ishmael
09-23-2020, 12:27 AM
Wentz is a stud and they'll be fine. Why is everyone such a prisoner of the moment? These are extraordinary times and we're only *2* games in. Carson Wentz is a 10 year, 7 pro bowl kind of starter. Just about every team would give up what they've got to have him in a straight up trade.

GB-Brandon
09-23-2020, 12:42 AM
Wentz is a stud and they'll be fine. Why is everyone such a prisoner of the moment? These are extraordinary times and we're only *2* games in. Carson Wentz is a 10 year, 7 pro bowl kind of starter. Just about every team would give up what they've got to have him in a straight up trade.

Well if you watch him something must be wrong then maybe with his health. He can’t move or is unwilling too. He is forcing balls and not making good decisions. He had great blocking against the Rams upfront and he couldn’t get it done. This is after the massacre against the No Names.

Well see if he can turn it around but Philly has other problems too on defense. If there season continues to explode they might consider trading D. Jackson.

Upnorth
09-23-2020, 10:46 AM

I felt min would be fighting chi for the doghouse and det would be our nfcn competition. Right on min wrong on det. Im not buying chi yet. For the nfc I thought no SF and ari were the competitors. Ari is even better than I expected and I would put ari as the nfc top dog unless we get Clark back 100% soon.

Joemailman
09-23-2020, 11:11 AM
I felt min would be fighting chi for the doghouse and det would be our nfcn competition. Right on min wrong on det. Im not buying chi yet. For the nfc I thought no SF and ari were the competitors. Ari is even better than I expected and I would put ari as the nfc top dog unless we get Clark back 100% soon.

NFCN looks surprisingly weak. At this point I doubt anyone can stay with Packers. NFCE isn't very good. NFCS could be weak if Brees is in a steep decline. With the new playoff format, it's possible for one division to get all 4 teams in playoffs. Could NFCW have a shot?

RashanGary
09-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Vikings look horrible in the trenches.
Eagles look good if wentz can calm down.
Rams look like they're a stable, veteran team that does a lot of things well. Not physically dominant, but more smart and stable. Goff really sound and reliable.

RashanGary
09-23-2020, 12:06 PM
Packers, seahawks, Rams, Cardinals

Eagles, Cowboys, Bears, Bucs, Saints

A bunch of teams have a shot in the NFC