PDA

View Full Version : Who wants the ....

packers11
09-12-2006, 10:54 AM
SAINTS game to be tomorrow.... IM DYING... to much trash talking, I know this team is better than a 26-0 blow out.... This is such a long week already :evil:

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't. We've done so much finger pointing and lamenting that we really haven't had a chance to look forward to it and avenge ourselves. Now that I've had a day or two to lament, it's time to look forward. Onward. Clobber the Saints. How are we going to do that? Any ideas?

packers11
09-12-2006, 11:09 AM
I don't. We've done so much finger pointing and lamenting that we really haven't had a chance to look forward to it and avenge ourselves. Now that I've had a day or two to lament, it's time to look forward. Onward. Clobber the Saints. How are we going to do that? Any ideas?

Last year we went 0-4, having very bad thoughts going into the saints game... What was the score??? 52-3... Thanks for refreshing :mrgreen:

Hopfully we can repeat :D

Patler
09-12-2006, 11:22 AM
No, no its much too soon for the game.

Packer fans need time to remove all the knives, scissors and sharp oblects from their homes, lock and seal all doors to high ledges, etc. just in case the game goes poorly! :D

Fritz
09-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I was looking forward to it...until I remembered Bush, McAllister, Horn and Brees. Could be tough. What I want to see is improvement on both lines, offensive and defensive. If that happens they'll be competetive. I think a stronger pass rush out of the front four will be invaluable. Maybe you take some chances and play Jenkins a little more, knowing he'll get killed on the run.

mngolf19
09-12-2006, 11:51 AM
For some unknown reason, I see this game as a pickem. I think the Pack can win this game. And as was said in another thread, the North is stronger this year than the media expected.

Willard
09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
How exciting (is that the right word?) will this week's Reggie Bush punt returns be? Stock must be having nightmares.

ahaha
09-12-2006, 01:09 PM
How exciting (is that the right word?) will this week's Reggie Bush punt returns be? Stock must be having nightmares.

The packers really need to get Ryan to punt for hang time rather than distance in this game. Sacrifice distance in order to get a lot of fair catches.

J-Rok
09-12-2006, 03:36 PM
I'd be excited, but the truth is, one of my friends always uses the Saints in Madden while I use God's Team. Yes, Stallworth and Bennet aren't on the team, but stopping the Saints with the Packers' D just doesn't happen. Bush, Bennet, and Stallworth are faster than the whole team save Carroll, but Little Batman can't cover all three. Heck, he can't cover one.

Basically, since Madden's as close to real football as you can get :roll:, we need to convince the refs to allow us three extra players on the field. 14 vs 11 should give us a chance.

swede
09-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I haven't been to JSO recently.

Has Tex revised his pre-season prediction to 15-1 yet?

Oh well, I should talk. I had them going 9-7 IF they beat the Bears in week one. You 6-10ers are looking pretty smart now.

Let's see of this team has any heart, any ballast in the bottom, any resiliency. And let's see if this coaching staff can coach its way out of a brown paper 'Aints bag.

Hoo rah!

I'm better already and it's only Tuesday!

Bring on Reggie! Play a little rope-a-dope and let him run for 240 yds but only allow him 2 rushing touchdowns and win the game 27-14. (I'd be pulling for stoning him cold but he's on my fantasy team.)

oregonpackfan
09-12-2006, 04:01 PM
I certainly do not want the Packers-Saints game to be tomorrow. The Packers, especially the O-line, Favre and his secondary receivers, the Packers special teams, and the defensive backs need all the practice time they can get.

The Packers need this win.

OPF

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM

MJ:

We need to put some points on the board.You know?

Those things called Touchdowns and field goals.

Best way for that to be a reality, is to see decent OL play on a more consistent basis, and use play calling that supports the strengths of the likes of Ahman Green and Brett Favre. Where is the play action pass?

Our Packers Offensive Coach's, have to utilize an Offensive Game Plan that does utilize, as they promised... a more conventional WCO.

Draw plays,screen pass's ,quick slants and all out hustle from WR's that take what is there, by coming back to the ball except Favre needs time afforded by protection from blocking on the OL and other "O" players.

Without better OL play... nothing will be there to get those points up MJ. Without that it's all on Favre and Green (too much) and that wears thin really fast. Bad OL play takes it all away in essence MJZiggy.

It would be nice to get OUR FB and TE's more consistently involved in both blocking and moving the sticks, but the way it is... they have to protect the QB. Give the QB time to make a play, but if they are blocking to assist an OL that can't block, who's available to make a play?

There isn't anything there.

It all has to be in place. It starts with the OL that Ted Thompson neglected again this season.

What is Favre to do? Become Michael Vick?

Without some decent Offense the Defense can't hold the dike.

In a normal world, where a Team has a decent OL:

We need to put some pressure on Saints QB Drew Brees and not make it easy for him to wait till Saint receivers get really open.

We need to stuff the middle of the line of scrimmage, with stout play on behalf of OUR DT's. We need LBers to come up to support against the RUSH. Be there to penetrae the Oppositions backfield on passing situations and make plays.

In the secondary. We need Packers DB's... to knock pass's down, not just shadow potential opposition receivers.

What we saw last game was this:

RCB Al Harris = X **
LCB Charles Woodson = X **
S Marquand manuel + X **

Against the pass !! M. Marquand Manuel did support the run I believe I'm interpreting that correctly from what reactions I observe here and elsewhere.

Nick Collins ??? What's he doing ..how's his play?

Back to the Bottom line MJ.

POINTS>POINTS> WE NEED POINTS on the Board or we MUST in a general sense always expect to NOT WIN.

That game on Sunday can't ever happen again as it did Vs. the BEARS this season, or be assured that Mike McCarthy will be FIRED very soon.

Ted Thompson put his boy in there MJ. Ted doesn't want to win or he's completely out to lunch as OUR GM.

We are living in Green Bay Packer twilight ZONE.

It's way too obvious.TT set this team up again to overwhelmingly compete for a high Draft pick... because he did diddly for OUR Offence to support Favre and Green. He's not naive MJZiggy with all his experince playing and in the front office of OUR and the Seattle Organization.

He's either very cute or very veru DUMB in my sight.

How could any intelligent man in such a position of such TRUST and Responsibility... screw up so badly MJ?

Unless... it's all by design, beats me.

I'm flabbergasted by OUR team. I can't believe we could possibly get this BAD !!

Something has to be done. FAST !!!

If the Packers continue to loose.. I predict that very soon TT is FIRED !!!

It cannot be any other way or Packer fans will go bananas.

We need TT out fast, and a whole new look at the key Coaching positions.

TRUST this it's going down as I say

Soon !! It has to.

A no brainer. Why?

It only makes good sense.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 04:46 PM
It was a rhetorical question, Buck.

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
It was a rhetorical question, Buck.

MJ.

Ted Thompson is soon on the FIRING Line.

Does he blame his hire now?

That won't wash.

Soon Ted Thompson must be FIRED !!

mission
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Buck, buddy. You're retired, right? :smile:

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 05:07 PM
No, no its much too soon for the game.

Packer fans need time to remove all the knives, scissors and sharp oblects from their homes, lock and seal all doors to high ledges, etc. just in case the game goes poorly! :D

Ehh, Patler way tooo funny !! :mrgreen: X 10

Packer fans?

Are you aware of your Suicide Support HOTLINE in your Community? :mrgreen: