PDA

View Full Version : A few lucky dominoes falling. A magical season?

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 12:31 PM
Our nightmare matchup, the 49ers are devastated by injuries.

We have no long term injuries and a 3-0 record

Seattle is the other top team in the NFC, has a very difficult schedule ahead, and is our dream matchup in the playoffs.

So many early season injuries around the league. We’re one game away from our bye week. Get through this week without major injury and our guys get a week off to rest up and get ready for a long season. The difference though, they’ll be healthy and in football shape coming back so less likely to sustain serious injury going forward.

Health is such a factor to winning superbowls. And sometimes it’s matchups too. Both of these important dominos seem to be falling in our favor!

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 12:34 PM
Bears games need to be treated like playoff games

bobblehead
09-28-2020, 12:35 PM
We are not a serious contender.

Joemailman
09-28-2020, 12:37 PM
My hope is that those NFCW teams will beat up each other and Packers can get #1 seed.

RashanGary
09-28-2020, 12:38 PM
My hope is that those NFCW teams will beat up each other and Packers can get #1 seed.

Yep! Our Bears games looking huge!

George Cumby
09-28-2020, 12:38 PM

Elaborate, please. RG's made his case, I want to know your reasons for not buying it.

bobblehead
09-28-2020, 12:41 PM
Elaborate, please. RG's made his case, I want to know your reasons for not buying it.

Brandon told me so.

George Cumby
09-28-2020, 01:01 PM
Brandon told me so.

Well why didn't you say so?!

Tony Oday
09-28-2020, 02:57 PM

Nobody in the NFC, sans the aforementioned Seahawks, are close to the Pack.

run pMc
09-28-2020, 05:25 PM
As of week 3, I think SEA is the team to beat in the NFC. GB is pretty good, but the defense worries me.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 05:34 PM
The Rams are very dangerous and Tampa Bay should be taken very serious as well. Both these teams have stacked rosters.

The Bears should also be taken seriously now that they have inserted Foles which I have no idea why they didn't do to start the season. He looked amazing yesterday.

Patler
09-28-2020, 06:10 PM
We have no long term injuries...

Why are you disrespecting Lane Taylor?? :)

Upnorth
09-28-2020, 06:23 PM
The 49ers are facing a cake schedule while healing up. I think they are in the mix and likely our worst matchup. I think we can take Seattle to woodbucks meadow once Clark is back

The Shadow
09-28-2020, 06:41 PM
When Marcedes Friggin' lewis make a td catch like that - you have to wonder if something special is going on.

MadScientist
09-28-2020, 06:53 PM
Nobody in the NFC, sans the aforementioned Seahawks, are close to the Pack.

The SeaChickens are 3-0 despite giving up an average of over 500 yards a game. They are like the 2011 Packers, only worse on D. Wilson has been incredible so far, but that can't be sustainable. Rams are more of a concern. Bears now that they ditched Turdbiscuit for Foles might be for real, but it's hard to judge a game against the Atlanta Tin Men (they have no heart).

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 07:09 PM
Rams are a huge concern and not a good match up. They can put Ramsey on Adams. They have Aaron Donald and a good front that can get pressure on Rodgers and wreak havoc.

They can run the ball. They get good TE play. It’s a McVeigh offense and with Kupp and Woods I believe would run roughshod over our defense.

This is the type of game where I question if we can keep up. Especially if not at full strength!!!

Bossman641
09-28-2020, 07:11 PM
Bears are about 4 plays away from being 0-3. Seahawks have given up 1500 yards in 3 games. If you think we have problems... They have huge problems.

texaspackerbacker
09-28-2020, 07:52 PM
A McVeigh offense? Is that one that just parks next to your stadium and blows everything up?

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 07:54 PM
Bears are about 4 plays away from being 0-3. Seahawks have given up 1500 yards in 3 games. If you think we have problems... They have huge problems.

I don’t have Bears or Seahawks as problems for us necessarily. However; things might of been different for Bears with Foles the whole time so Bears need to be someone to keep an eye on.

Seahawks are “Posers”. They have zero pass rush. They aren’t going anywhere.

It’s Rams and Tampa Bay in the NFC.

GB-Brandon
09-28-2020, 07:56 PM
The real question is how would we ever beat the Chiefs anyways.

Can our weapons really keep up?

George Cumby
09-28-2020, 10:38 PM

See? You can post sensibly.

Good work, keep it up.

Joemailman
09-28-2020, 10:47 PM

Can anyone keep up with the Chiefs? I think the best way to slow down Mahomes is to keep him on the sideline. Packers have won time of possession every game so far. Maybe doing that and not turning he ball over is how you do it.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 12:29 AM
Can anyone keep up with the Chiefs? I think the best way to slow down Mahomes is to keep him on the sideline. Packers have won time of possession every game so far. Maybe doing that and not turning he ball over is how you do it.

So we’re basically talking about using the offense as a form of defense which I think is great and have brought up before. I certainly trust our chances with the ball in the hands of AR12 and melting the clock more then in the hands of Mahommes with our defense trying to make a stop.

The only hiccup would be we’re in week 3 and we already were in a situation without Adams on the field and players like Shepherd and Taylor on it. It will be interesting to see who is on the field by week 16 or let alone week 8.

call_me_ishmael
09-29-2020, 12:43 AM
Nick Bosa is a cheat code so the Packers lucked out on that one. Niners are the team to beat with Bosa there even if they line up a hamburger at QB.

Fritz
09-29-2020, 07:06 AM
It will be a magical season if someone like Howard Green in 2010 magically falls into their laps, so the defense plays like it did in 2010 and does not repeat its performance, or lack thereof, in 2011.

hoosier
09-29-2020, 08:10 AM
It will be a magical season if someone like Howard Green in 2010 magically falls into their laps, so the defense plays like it did in 2010 and does not repeat its performance, or lack thereof, in 2011.

Howard Green in my lap is not exactly the image I was looking for to go with my morning coffee. But thanks for that.

George Cumby
09-29-2020, 08:16 AM
Howard Green in my lap is not exactly the image I was looking for to go with my morning coffee. But thanks for that.

LOL. That's a LOT of magic.

George Cumby
09-29-2020, 08:17 AM

Super good point.

And with this running game and controlled passing attack, we might have the horses.

Upnorth
09-29-2020, 10:23 AM

Yes. We can keep up. I thinm the question this year is who can keep up with us so far. (I am pretending all defences are the same. It just feels better)

bobblehead
09-29-2020, 11:06 AM
A McVeigh offense? Is that one that just parks next to your stadium and blows everything up?

Yes...but pronounced A fence.

bobblehead
09-29-2020, 11:08 AM
I don’t have Bears or Seahawks as problems for us necessarily. However; things might of been different for Bears with Foles the whole time so Bears need to be someone to keep an eye on.

Seahawks are “Posers”. They have zero pass rush. They aren’t going anywhere.

It’s Rams and Tampa Bay in the NFC.

The Rams are not a serious contender.

bobblehead
09-29-2020, 11:09 AM

So someone like Free Agent Snacks Harrison? I know Brandon. It would be wiser to sign Antonio Brown.

bobblehead
09-29-2020, 11:11 AM
https://www.mlive.com/lions/2020/09/former-lions-defensive-tackle-snacks-harrison-wants-to-play-in-2020.html

Get er done gutes!!

"The Lions acquired Harrison on Oct. 25, 2018, from the New York Giants for a fifth-round pick. He immediately bolstered their poor run defense. That season, he was graded by Pro Football Focus as the No. 3 interior defender in the NFL with the best run-stop percentage in the league (16 percent) for the fifth consecutive season."

Seems like a guy we might be able to use huh??

texaspackerbacker
09-29-2020, 11:42 AM
Yes...but pronounced A fence.

I guess you mean "A fence" is the best defense against Brandon's "McVeigh Offense"?

I was beginning to think nobody was even gonna comment on my lame little joke.

A big hell yeah on picking up Snacks Harrison - but I doubt they do it.

HarveyWallbangers
09-29-2020, 11:56 AM
So someone like Free Agent Snacks Harrison? I know Brandon. It would be wiser to sign Antonio Brown.

I think Snacks said he doesn't want to play in cold weather--because of his knees.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 02:15 PM
The Rams are not a serious contender.

Explain to me how so?

There pretty well rounded.

GB-Brandon
09-29-2020, 02:17 PM
Nobody is gonna sign Antonio Brown.