PDA

View Full Version : 2020 interior defense

Upnorth
09-30-2020, 09:22 AM
I dedicate this thread to the loving memory of spray paint hair. The emotional and spiritual leader of the 10+ years of the packers just not giving a crap about the interior.
Wist your rants from days gone by are more applicable to this team than ever before. It is our greatest weakness. All other facets of this team are at least competent, even special teams which is shocking.
Do we see any nt or ilb we could trade for?

RashanGary
09-30-2020, 09:49 AM
If we can get Summers and Barnes some good work until Kirksey hopefully comes back it might be just mild enough of a weakness with Clark coming back and Keke emerging.

Our worst group by far though. Agree.

RashanGary
09-30-2020, 09:51 AM
TEs shockingly effective. We got best case out of Lazard and MVS so far. ILB looks real weak unless completely healthy, and then it's just weak. Same for interior DL.

Pray for health in there maybe?

Joemailman
09-30-2020, 10:00 AM
My hope is we'll see more of Keke and Winn and less of Lancaster as the season wears on. And of course getting Clark back will be huge. I think the ILB position when healthy is better than it's been.

Upnorth
09-30-2020, 10:28 AM
I don't think healthy kirksey was as good as Martinez. And I think I lostvthe keys to the Barnes bus...

RashanGary
09-30-2020, 10:36 AM
If we get lucky health down the stretch. IF

Clark
(Z/Gary)
Keke continuing to rise

Lowry/Lancaster/Adam (young veteran backup depth)

Kirksey/Barnes/Greene/Redmond/Sullivan

Yeah, it's not a strength at all, but with all of the other strengths on the team, offense, STs, corner, edge, safety......

Completely healthy in there, we have a shot. But it's gonna take some health luck. All of the other teams are in the same boat though. Everyone needs a couple lucky bounces if they want to win.

RashanGary
09-30-2020, 10:37 AM
Clark and a healthy interior is just barely enough if we get the bounces

HarveyWallbangers
09-30-2020, 11:07 AM
I do find it funny that all four of the first round ILBs have a PFF score worse than Oren Burks, Krys Barnes, and Ty Summers. Not that I think PFF is the gospel. I just find it funny.

PFF scores:

Oren Burks - 77.3
Krys Barnes - 77.2
Ty Summers - 61.1

Isaiah Simmons - 30.3
Kenneth Murray - 44.2
Patrick Queen - 30.0
Jordyn Brooks - 41.1

Upnorth
09-30-2020, 11:16 AM
Pff likes burks and Barnes far more than I expected.
I had read queen was benched and I thought that proves how little i know. I expected him to do very well.

Harlan Huckleby
09-30-2020, 11:19 AM
Wist your rants from days gone by are more applicable to this team than ever before.

It had to happen eventually.

I see Blake Martinez leads the Giants in sacks, solo tackles and tackles-for-loss :whist: