PDA

View Full Version : Week 4 Other Games Thread

Joemailman
09-30-2020, 10:39 AM
Steelers/Titans game to be played Monday or Tuesday. Announcement to follow.

Broncos/Jets game for Thursday night should be cancelled. Nobody should have to watch that.

Upnorth
09-30-2020, 10:48 AM
I saw someone call them the turbopropss now instead of the Jets. Lol

Freak Out
09-30-2020, 01:08 PM
lol

Joemailman
09-30-2020, 01:20 PM
Once again, no Sunday afternoon football for Packer fans. Instead we get:

On CBS early it's Colts at Bears for most of the Great Lakes region. Greg Gumbel and Rich Gannon with the call.

https://506sports.com/2020/04-CBS-E.png

On CBS late, most of the country gets Patriots at Chiefs. Jim Nantz and Tony Romo with the call.

https://506sports.com/2020/04-CBS-L.png

On Fox, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa get Vikings at Texans. Chris Myers, Brock Huard and Greg Jennings with the call. Michigan gets Saints at Lions. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call. Chicago area gets New York Giants at L.A. Rams. Adam Amin and Mark Schlereth with the call.

https://506sports.com/2020/04-FOX.png

Joemailman
10-01-2020, 09:03 AM
No Steelers/Titans game this weekend. Adjust your fantasy football lineup accordingly.

The Tennessee Titans-Pittsburgh Steelers matchup won't be played this week. It is the first game postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday that the NFL is rescheduling the matchup for later in the season after an additional Titans player and one staff member tested positive for COVID-19 during Wednesday's round of testing, per a source informed of the decision.

The league confirmed the plan to push the game following the outbreak in Tennessee.

"The decision to postpone the game was made to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel," the NFL said in a statement. "The Titans facility will remain closed and the team will continue to have no in-person activities until further notice."

texaspackerbacker
10-01-2020, 10:01 PM
All this excellent field goal kicking; They used the term "kicking ball" in the Packers game. Does any of ya'all know what the difference is between that and the every play ball?

Guiness
10-01-2020, 11:05 PM
All this excellent field goal kicking; They used the term "kicking ball" in the Packers game. Does any of ya'all know what the difference is between that and the every play ball?

Lucy is in charge of monitoring their inflation pressure.
https://konfession45.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/lucy.jpg

Joemailman
10-02-2020, 08:45 AM

Teams are allowed to use a separate ball for kicking.

The K balls arrive from Wilson inflated to 13.0 PSI, and they’re buffed with a sponge and brushed with a ball brush. The K ball is then individually bagged and sealed for shipping.

Before a given game, teams are allowed to: (1) apply a wet towel to the ball; (2) brush it with a standard ball brush; (3) use the side of the brush to soften the leather and remove the slickness of the ball; and (4) use the back of the brush to warm the leather and polish the ball.

The following actions are prohibited: (1) submersing the ball in water; (2) using a buffing machine; (3) sticking a knee into the ball; (4) standing on the ball; (5) exerting any other excess pressure to alter the shape of the ball; (6) bouncing the ball; (7) throwing the ball; (8) using any hard surface to alter the shape of the ball; or (9) adding air above 13.5 PSI at any point in the process.

texaspackerbacker
10-02-2020, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the info, Joe.

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 01:03 PM
I read a bunch about the history of kickers and ball manipulation. It used to be part of.the game. They'd over inflate it extremely and put them in an oven to make them rounded instead of so oblong. Increased the sweet spot size. It was like 10 hours per week job when they got the new balls of getting them.ready for.Sunday. it was part of the kicker grind. Minnesota used to have a ball in a pile of snow to.give the opposing kicker when it was their turn to kick.

Other kickers were so.proud of their work that they'd be like, "just wait till you get to kick one of these balls. You're gonna love it". It was a fraternity and they couldn't wait to.show off their work

QBs and kickers were in constant disagreement about how to.prep the football's.

The k ball destroyed some guys cuz they were so good at the prep work of tweaking the game balls.

Cool stuff to read about

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 01:10 PM
I can almost guarantee some equipment guy some where is pumping them up to 70 psi and hitting them.with a heat gun before the gsme. Then making sure his kicker gets the sweet upgraded k ball on kicks even still

Joemailman
10-03-2020, 01:45 PM
Cam Newton tests positive. Patriots/Chiefs game postponed.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-04-2020, 03:11 PM
Whoever said that Tom Brady is washed up needs to eat crow.

Cheesehead Craig
10-04-2020, 03:52 PM
What do you know, there is a team worse than the Vikes. ;)

Sparkey
10-04-2020, 05:34 PM
Do the Bears switch back to Mitch ? ��

Cheesehead Craig
10-04-2020, 06:05 PM
Josh Allen is a baller. MVP type season brewing there.

Joemailman
10-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Do the Bears switch back to Mitch ? ��

Much of our world has been turned upside down this year. But we can still say the Bears QB's suck. We still have that.

RashanGary
10-04-2020, 10:23 PM
Our nightmare matchup about to lose their second. Chicago lost. Seattles remaining schedule: Minnesota, bye, cardinals, 49ers, Bills, Rams, Cardinals, Eagles, Giants, Jets, Redskins, Rams , 49ers

8 or their last 12 games are pretty tough. They’re gonna drop a good 3 for sure.

I keep thinking more and more, I’d rather see us keep our stars out of the next game unless they’re damn near 100% than win the game just because we have a favorable schedule with our entire division sort of down.

If we’re healthy after the bye, I’m pretty damn sure we can make up a game on Seattle.

RashanGary
10-04-2020, 10:27 PM
Colts might be the only game on our remaining schedule (assuming we get healthy right now) that I would predict a loss in. I’m just not feeling desperate about this falcon game at all, the way the NFC is stacking up and the way star players are dropping like flys around the league

RashanGary
10-04-2020, 10:32 PM
I must say, I enjoy seeing Shenanigans lose.

smuggler
10-04-2020, 10:40 PM
Beathard definitely made me sweat at the end, but a big kudos to the Iggles for taking the 49ers down a peg.

Guiness
10-06-2020, 11:29 AM
Did anyone watch Pats-Chiefs? Curious to know how the Pats kept them in check for 3 quarters and under 30 points overall - even with 3 ints!

gbgary
10-06-2020, 12:01 PM

Fritz
10-06-2020, 02:06 PM
Much of our world has been turned upside down this year. But we can still say the Bears QB's suck. We still have that.

And the Lions are still, well, the Lions.

Funny how much heat Matt Patricia is taking, when it's Bob Quinn who haS "built" that roster - that is one of the least-talented rosters in the league. There's Kenny Golladay, and . . . and . . .

I mean, yeah, Patricia sucks (after every loss he says they have to work harder. If they in fact do, then they've been working harder after 11 of the last 12 games. They're working their fuggin' asses off...and they still lose).

One of the Detroit commentators said, after the game, "They've got to at least act like they care."

I guess that means they need an acting coach on the staff, work on their Strasberg method.