PDA

View Full Version : Lion guarantees win over Bears

mngolf19
09-12-2006, 12:36 PM
We will win this game," Lions wide receiver Roy Williams told reporters Monday. "You all can take that as a guarantee or whatnot, but we will win this game."

Williams backed off a bit, though, when a reporter compared him to Piston Rasheed Wallace.

"I'm just saying, we're going to go out there and play the way that we're supposed to play, and when we play the way we're supposed to play, we're supposed to win," Williams said. "And that's what I'm saying, that we're supposed to win."

Packnut
09-12-2006, 12:42 PM
The Lion's D will keep the Bear offense in check but Det has no QB.

ahaha
09-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Man, I hope he's right. The Lions looked good against the defending NFC champs. The Packers may have a terrible season, but if Detroit could somehow take the division from Chicago and Minnesota, than the season wouldn't be all bad. Go Detroit! What do we have to worry about from Lions fans? Is there such a thing as a Lions troll? And if so, would anybody really care? This is a franchise steeped in a rich history of mediocrity. They deserve a litte success, especially at the hands of the Bears and Vikings. Go Lions! May John Kitna be Bobby Layne reborn.

Partial
09-12-2006, 12:59 PM

Kitna is the man. He's like Trent Dilfer. Very underrated and can win the game for you by not screwing up. I bet a team like Dallas with superbowl asperations would love to have Kitna right now.

Partial
09-12-2006, 12:59 PM
We will win this game," Lions wide receiver Roy Williams told reporters Monday. "You all can take that as a guarantee or whatnot, but we will win this game."

Williams backed off a bit, though, when a reporter compared him to Piston Rasheed Wallace.

"I'm just saying, we're going to go out there and play the way that we're supposed to play, and when we play the way we're supposed to play, we're supposed to win," Williams said. "And that's what I'm saying, that we're supposed to win."

Says the jackass who gave me 3 fantasy points.

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Man, I hope he's right. The Lions looked good against the defending NFC champs. The Packers may have a terrible season, but if Detroit could somehow take the division from Chicago and Minnesota, than the season wouldn't be all bad. Go Detroit! What do we have to worry about from Lions fans? Is there such a thing as a Lions troll? And if so, would anybody really care? This is a franchise steeped in a rich history of mediocrity. They deserve a litte success, especially at the hands of the Bears and Vikings. Go Lions! May John Kitna be Bobby Layne reborn.

That would just mean there is another good team in the division and it would make it more difficult for the pack to get back on track. Then again, the quality competition will force them to be better.

RashanGary
09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
The Bears are going to KILL the Lions. It won't be as ugly as GB but the Bears are for real and DTW is just decent.

Bears by 7 or more.

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
The Bears are going to KILL the Lions. It won't be as ugly as GB but the Bears are for real and DTW is just decent.

Bears by 7 or more.

Your bears boner is probably a little over the top. Offensively they didn't do anything impressive, we just came out that flat and didn't get to them at all. Keep in mind they had a special teams return on what should have been a penalty, and a field goal on that ridiculous fumble by herron.

Defensively, they're certainly solid.

I am tellin' ya, the Bears are not bullet proof. The game plan was similiar to what MM ran, except he didn't throw the ball at all on the third and shorts. The key to beating the bears is run the ball to 3rd 3/4/5, and then run 3-step drop passing patterns and rely on running after the catch by your receivers rather than a long hurl down field. This will take their world-beating pass rush out of the game.

Green Bud Packer
09-12-2006, 01:10 PM
We will win this game," Lions wide receiver Roy Williams told reporters Monday. hope he's right.

MJZiggy
09-12-2006, 01:16 PM
See, now THAT's locker room material.

Dabaddestbear
09-12-2006, 03:52 PM
.... Is there such a thing as a Lions troll? And if so, would anybody really care?....
Yes. There are more lions trolls on the Bears board then any other team for the past 3 years when they kept promising a breakout year.
And trust me you think some of us Bear fans get on your nerves you havent seen nothing yet. Win they start winning you will see them on here. So be careful what you ask for. :roll:

Rastak
09-12-2006, 03:54 PM
.... Is there such a thing as a Lions troll? And if so, would anybody really care?....
Yes. There are more lions trolls on the Bears board then any other team for the past 3 years when they kept promising a breakout year.
And trust me you think some of us Bear fans get on your nerves you havent seen nothing yet. Win they start winning you will see them on here. So be careful what you ask for. :roll:

Not for long though, after a couple of worthless posts they'll get Mad's cowboy boot up the arse I'm guessing.

oregonpackfan
09-12-2006, 03:59 PM

Kitna is the man. He's like Trent Dilfer. Very underrated and can win the game for you by not screwing up. I bet a team like Dallas with superbowl asperations would love to have Kitna right now.

Partial,

I watched Kitna play for a number of years for the Seahawks. I consider him a very capable back-up type of QB. He is not, however, the type of QB to lead a team to the playoffs. Neither do I consider him "underrated."

My description of him would be "serviceable."

OPF

BEARMAN
09-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Kitna has shown his colors all over the NFL, from one team to another. He is NO threat to DA BEARS "D" ! Their "D" look good against the seachickens, will put the test to DA BEARS "O". Still, DA BEARS win 24 to 13.

GO BEARS !

retailguy
09-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Not for long though, after a couple of worthless posts they'll get Mad's cowboy boot up the arse I'm guessing.

That and a pitcher of cold kool-aid over their head... :wink:

Willard
09-12-2006, 04:20 PM
I just heard the Lions' DL Coach, Joe Cullen, has also guaranteed a victory over the bears this weekend. He also said if the Lions do not win the game he will go through a Burger King drive-thru with pants on! :lol:

BallHawk
09-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Williams also said "it was stupid how close we were to putting up 42 points."

What the hell? Hey, Roy, you scored 6 points, that's only 5 TDs and a two point conversion short off 42. You're almost there, Roy. So close. :crazy:

FritzDontBlitz
09-12-2006, 04:48 PM

Bears by 7 or more.

the bears and rex grossman will find out that not every team on their roster is playing with 4 new players in their defensive back 7. don't expect to see the bears te roaming free like that again any time soon

FritzDontBlitz
09-12-2006, 04:50 PM
I just heard the Lions' DL Coach, Joe Cullen, has also guaranteed a victory over the bears this weekend. He also said if the Lions do not win the game he will go through a Burger King drive-thru with pants on! :lol:

cullen won't make the game due to being suspended.

but maybe the news report on that was a typo......maybe it meant to say that cullen was looking for his SUSPENDERS to keep his pants from falling off again....

Merlin
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM

Bears by 7 or more.

the bears and rex grossman will find out that not every team on their roster is playing with 4 new players in their defensive back 7. don't expect to see the bears te roaming free like that again any time soon

The Bears were not roaming free. I watched the game again and I can safely say that 80% of Grossman's completions where phenominal catches by the receivers where the coverage was right there. The Bears are not good. The Lions have more then 1 WR and Kitna isn't a bad QB and can move. Kevin Jones isn't a nobody. The Lions D held Alexander to what? < 50 yards? Good luck with that passing game Chicago, you will wonder where it went against the Lions.

Dabaddestbear
09-12-2006, 09:12 PM
once again another thread I will look to bump after sunday. I only put things on here that I am certain of. That way I dont look like an idiot later. I noticed some of you dont care as much about such a perception. :wink:

MadtownPacker
09-12-2006, 09:20 PM
once again another thread I will look to bump after sunday. I only put things on here that I am certain of. That way I dont look like an idiot later. I noticed some of you dont care as much about such a perception. :wink:Cuz we back the Pack. In or out IMO. I respect your loyalty to your team. Hopefully it was as strong in the 90s.

Dabaddestbear
10-13-2006, 02:21 PM

Bears by 7 or more.

The Bears were not roaming free. I watched the game again and I can safely say that 80% of Grossman's completions where phenominal catches by the receivers where the coverage was right there. The Bears are not good. The Lions have more then 1 WR and Kitna isn't a bad QB and can move. Kevin Jones isn't a nobody. The Lions D held Alexander to what? < 50 yards? Good luck with that passing game Chicago, you will wonder where it went against the Lions.
oh, i forgot to bump this one back in da day..lol

woodbuck27
10-14-2006, 02:04 AM
http://www.dailykitten.com/kittens/1159697388France-holiday-20.jpg

THE LIONS DL