PDA

View Full Version : Allen Lazard has core muscle surgery. A possible timeline for return?

RashanGary
10-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Kareem Hunt had core muscle surgery on August 29th last year and came back 2 months later. Was activated on November 4th.

Sometime early to mid December looks like a possible return date. A couple games to establish himself as at least a part time role player for the post season hopefully

George Cumby
10-01-2020, 08:07 PM
F

Joemailman
10-01-2020, 08:20 PM
https://theathletic.com/2108837/2020/10/01/what-wr-allen-lazards-core-muscle-injury-means-for-him-and-the-packers/

In 2018, Allison missed 11 games after core muscle surgery. Tight end Robert Tonyan suffered a core muscle injury last season, played through it while never returning to full health, and needed surgery in the offseason. Randall missed five games in 2016 after having surgery. Jennings missed seven games in 2012. missing one game immediately after suffering the injury and then had surgery after trying to play through it for two games.

Tony Oday
10-01-2020, 08:29 PM
6-8 weeks.

Tony Oday
10-01-2020, 08:59 PM
Here comes Kumerow!!!

The Shadow
10-01-2020, 09:17 PM
Here comes Kumerow!!!

YES! I would sign him to our active roster TODAY!

Fosco33
10-01-2020, 09:30 PM
Bills PS

texaspackerbacker
10-01-2020, 09:35 PM
I was thinking Kumerow too. If they want him and he wants to come, it definitely is possible to sign somebody off another team's practice squad.

texaspackerbacker
10-01-2020, 09:42 PM
How does an injury like this happen? Is it something that has been coming on and played with? Anybody know?

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 02:47 AM
He's a tough kid. Never heard of him being injured. Maybe back for all of December. Game shape and worked into the offense by playoffs! If this happens, it's a bad injury but not a horrible one!

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 02:53 AM
If adams stays healthy, MVS keeps rounding out his game and the tight ends become a bigger weapon, this could be a weird blessing in disguise if he comes back quick and is back to 100 for the post season!

Anti-Polar Bear
10-02-2020, 07:53 AM
Bring back Janis!!!!

Imagine what the dude could do on the Jet Sweeps. Pretty sure he’s still a 4.4 player. More importantly, Janis’ caucasoid, so Tony O’Day approves.

Upnorth
10-02-2020, 08:49 AM
Rg there is no way this is a blessing in disguise. Thankfully we have the falcon then a biweek but afterwards this is definitely a blow to our wrs.

Joemailman
10-02-2020, 09:18 AM
I'm not usually on the "let's go sign Somebody" bandwagon, but signing Kumerow would make a lot of sense.

Since last night, I've been getting slow response times only on Packerrats. Anybody else?

bobblehead
10-02-2020, 10:09 AM
Sucks. Rodgers can elevate an offense, but there is a limit. Hurry back Adams. We can survive, but the D needs to step up.

texaspackerbacker
10-02-2020, 10:30 AM
I'd be comfortable with Rodgers throwing to Kumerow, Janis, and Trevor Davis. I bet he'd still get 300-400 yards, several TDs, and win against just about anybody.

This Atlanta game is probably the only one where the WRs are in doubt. After the bye if not this week, Adams is almost certain to be back. After the bye, St. Brown is eligible and hopefully able to play. For this week, we probably will get a large dose of Malik Taylor and maybe a little bit of Shepherd. If they IR Lazard, they probably would bring up Foster - assuming they really don't bring back Kumerow or one of those others, but I would assume he would not play much, not knowing the system thoroughly.

Fosco33
10-02-2020, 11:50 AM
Whitewater jebus is on Bills PS. So he’d have to be one of the 4 protected each week to not be added to another roster, right?

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 12:08 PM
Per lafleur, lizard injured during the game. Emphatically said, he's tough and gritty. Just played like it never happened. Really hope he's back. Jennings was a little biatch when he had a core issue and tonyan wasn't all he could be last year too. But lizard was still the king.

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 12:11 PM
I'm not gonna bet against lizard making it back sooner than later. He’ll do everything right from sleep, diet, physical therapy, etc. He’ll be back on the fast end of the spectrum. Practicing after six if I had to guess and playing soon after. It's not gonna be much different than davante missing 5.

RashanGary
10-03-2020, 05:18 PM
According to packersnews, doctors usually consider it a 4-6 week till practice time table. WRs on the long side of that. The Packers leaning on the safe side of things under this regime, I would expect a careful reintroduction for Lazard

Mid November full speed practice (longest usual timeline)
Start of December 10 snaps and up it 5 snaps per game through December
25 snaps by end of December
Full go for post season

That’s my best guess at a safe timetable to return for Lazard

RashanGary
10-03-2020, 05:30 PM
The plus side of the injury is that the other blocking/pass catching players on the team will be forced to build chemistry with 12. Jace, big Bob and the wap from Ohio will get some much needed experience en route to the fire lizards rise from the ashes.

Come post season, like 2010 when Starks infused the running game, 12s pass game will take full flight, catapulting is to a super bowl championship.

But first, to get the guys rested so they can restart the season after the week 5 bye in full football shape. Sit everyone. If you drop one, you drop one, but the league is falling apart with injury and we’re one of the few teams with an early bye to put that affect on hold.

Championship!

QBME
10-03-2020, 08:10 PM
I'm not usually on the "let's go sign Somebody" bandwagon, but signing Kumerow would make a lot of sense.

Since last night, I've been getting slow response times only on Packerrats. Anybody else?

Nope. All normal here.

Harlan Huckleby
10-03-2020, 10:07 PM
I hear whistling past graveyard. Packers are fucked.
Huge drop off after Lazard. they were really vulnerable at WR

Anti-Polar Bear
10-03-2020, 10:35 PM

I argued in my 2019 “My Mastery Mockery of a Draft” for the Packers to take DK Metcalf, Andy Isabella, Riley Ridley, TE Foster Moreau, RB Josh Jacobs and ILB Sione Takitaki.

Uncool Pack fans made fun of me. Who’s laughing now?

Tony Oday
10-04-2020, 10:18 AM
Next man up.

Joemailman
10-04-2020, 11:15 AM

The only good news is that they now have an offense that uses TE's and RB's as real weapons. They would be in much bigger trouble if they were still in Mike McCarthy's offense.

Upnorth
10-04-2020, 01:42 PM

Huge drop off to Lazard is like saying the sky is blue. Lazard has been the most efficient wr in the league so far. Statistically going from lazard to Adams would be a drop off. Missing our #1 and #1a wr and once you factor in our te and rb and we are slightly above average for the passing o. I'm not ewilling to complain. The d is the issue.

Harlan Huckleby
10-04-2020, 03:00 PM
A good passing offense without a decent WR?
That's some happy homer talk there. They don't have a great TE.

They may be OK against weaker opponents.

Upnorth
10-04-2020, 06:06 PM
A good passing offense without a decent WR?
That's some happy homer talk there. They don't have a great TE.

They may be OK against weaker opponents.

If that was to me I said slightly above average

MadScientist
10-04-2020, 06:25 PM
This is the time where MLF will really have to show his chops as a head coach and play caller. The Packers are going to have to make up for a lack of receiving talent by scheming people open. We've seen more of that this year than last, and way more than under M3. They really need to step up their prep work to get the right plays in at the right time.

call_me_ishmael
10-04-2020, 08:16 PM
They’re gonna realize Thighland on the world and put up 45 on 250 yards rushing.

Teamcheez1
10-04-2020, 08:41 PM
I laugh every time some moron suggests bringing Jordy or Kumerow back.

RashanGary
10-04-2020, 10:10 PM
We lost Davante last year, Lazard hadn’t come on yet. MVS wasn’t the player he is now, Jamal Williams wasn’t the player he is now. Big bob wasn’t the player he is now. Jace wasn’t. AR was in his first year and wasn’t. And we won 4 games.

R-E-L-A-X

But if Clark, Z and Alexander are also out, we’re doomed .

bobblehead
10-04-2020, 10:18 PM
They’re gonna realize Thighland on the world and put up 45 on 250 yards rushing.

I think you meant release. And that would be awesome. A little ground and pound offense. 48 carries. 350 yards rushing as Matty Melt sits on the sideline wondering when his turn is.

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2020, 11:40 AM
hahahaha Thanks for the translation, Bobblehead. I was trying to figure out what he was saying. I thought it was something about Theilen putting up yardage on us or something.

Whether we have a big game running the ball or passing it depends on how Atlanta plays it. My guess is they are gonna play to stop the run - due to our WRs being depleted. If that is the case, I expect Rodgers to put up huge numbers regardless of who is on the receiving end.

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 11:33 PM
Lazard discusses injury:

Q: The Packers recently put you on injured reserve after you underwent core-muscle surgery. You suffered the injury during your Week 3 game against the Saints, but you were able to play through it?

Lazard: Yeah, so obviously it wasn't too big. It happened in the second half when I was running. I just felt kind of a tightness in my lower body and just kind of played through it. Once the game was over and everything, I kind of realized – when the adrenaline wore of – there was something wrong. So I went to the doctor, and they examined it and realized they needed to go back in there and fix some things up.

Q: How are things healing and feeling?

Lazard: I'm feeling great. Can't wait to come back. It should be a short recovery time. And hopefully, I'll be back out on the field with my teammates here again soon.

Q: Do you have a timetable in mind for when you can get back on the field?

Lazard: The near future. A good estimate.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 11:55 PM
3 more games off maybe... Best case
5 would seen more realistic tho

Still, getting him back a good 6+ Games before.the post season would be huge for our chances of victory. Big bob and Lizard gonna be great together!

RashanGary
11-05-2020, 06:12 PM
Lizard probably back for the next game. November 15th. Guessing they’ll work him in slowly and build up to full time starter some time in December.

Joemailman
11-06-2020, 12:03 AM
Lizard probably back for the next game. November 15th. Guessing they’ll work him in slowly and build up to full time starter some time in December.

I doubt it. Sounds like he was close this week. Now he has 10 days before next game. He should be good to go full time.

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 10:52 AM
I doubt he’ll be full go right away, joe. It will take a few weeks to get all of his strength and endurance back. I would think a taper up.

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 11:32 AM
Lazard is such a big part of our chances for success this year.

A. He’s good

but maybe more importantly

B. He takes a ton of snaps away from MVS

I insist, despite being all alone on this island that MVS is a great #4! He’s a one trick pony that you trot out on the long field and have him run deep gassers until the cows come home. You hope the defense bites on the run once and you can toss one up to him, of which he almost always comes down with the deep ones. So he has a role!

Lazard allows Lafleur to use MVS for what he’s good for. He’s the 3rd wr during long field situations and doesn’t play otherwise!

RashanGary
11-06-2020, 11:37 AM
In the red zone and shorter parts of the field, like the opponents side of the 50 obviously MVS comes the fuck out.

Mercedes opens up the run and the pass in a unique way. He’s a great run blocker. And even more rare for a TE, he’s a great pass blocker. Like an extra offensive tackle in that he can take one on ones with edges. He can also sneak out and get a few yards as a receiver at times.

Tonyan is a solid run blocker and a reliable pass catcher

Lazard is a solid run blocker and reliable pass catcher

Adams is the best receiver in the game

Jones/Williams are a great 1/2

The offense opens wide up with Lazard back in the fold. I can’t wait!!

texaspackerbacker
11-06-2020, 01:35 PM
Not so much that he takes snaps away from MVS as that he loosens the coverage on MVS - or else they double MVS and less for Lazard.

Davante is the best receiver in the NFL - if you don't believe it, just ask him hahahahaha.

RashanGary
11-17-2020, 04:17 PM
November 17 activated.

Joemailman
11-17-2020, 07:04 PM
November 17 activated.

Although I'm hopeful, it doesn't necessarily mean Lazard will be playing. They had to activate him by tomorrow or he would be out the rest of the year.

HarveyWallbangers
11-17-2020, 10:14 PM
Although I'm hopeful, it doesn't necessarily mean Lazard will be playing. They had to activate him by tomorrow or he would be out the rest of the year.

I was just coming in to say the same thing.

GB-Brandon
11-18-2020, 06:57 PM
It’s so hilarious to me how some people think this is going to be some big “Game Changer” for us. This just perfectly illustrates how dire and desperate the situation really is.

Brian Gutekunst has literally sent this team out there to fight with one hand tied behind their back. It’s utterly pathetic!!!!

Gutekunst shouldn’t be anywhere near any GM position at any level!!

GB-Brandon
11-18-2020, 07:03 PM
I want the Milwaukee Bucks front Office!!!

Joemailman
11-18-2020, 07:25 PM
I want the Milwaukee Bucks front Office!!!

You want the front office of an organization that hasn't won a title in 50 years?:confused:

Zool
11-18-2020, 08:04 PM
You want the front office of an organization that hasn't won a title in 50 years?:confused:

They could replicate the Bucks trade right now! Ray Allen for a 20 game rental on Gary Peyton. Send Adams to the Bears for Travathan for the rest of this season.

Still the second worst trade in Bucks history. They traded the draft day rights for Nowitski to Dallas. Without looking who remembers what they got back.

QBME
11-18-2020, 08:55 PM
They could replicate the Bucks trade right now! Ray Allen for a 20 game rental on Gary Peyton. Send Adams to the Bears for Travathan for the rest of this season.

Still the second worst trade in Bucks history. They traded the draft day rights for Nowitski to Dallas. Without looking who remembers what they got back.

I looked it up and couldn't find anything.
Not a brilliant move I assume.

call_me_ishmael
11-18-2020, 10:45 PM

Pat Garrity and Tractor Traylor. What trade is worse than Ray for Peyton? Nowitski is bad but he never _was_ a Buck in uniform so it's less bad in a sense. Ray for Peyton is one of the worst trades in NBA history IMO.

hoosier
11-19-2020, 08:00 AM
Kareem for Bridgeman and Winters was pretty horrible trade too. Maybe mitigated by the fact that it was better than nothing. But a shit sandwich with mustard is still a shit sandwich.

RashanGary
11-19-2020, 04:22 PM
Could we trade Brandon to get pb back?

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2020, 04:41 PM
Kareem for Bridgeman and Winters was pretty horrible trade too. Maybe mitigated by the fact that it was better than nothing. But a shit sandwich with mustard is still a shit sandwich.

The Bucks got David Meyers and Elmore Smith in addition to Winters and Bridgeman. I think they may have gotten a #1 pick that they used for Marques Johnson too, either that or they traded Meyers or somebody for that. At any rate, it was a pretty decent haul for the Bucks, considering that Kareem was demanding to be traded and only to LA or NY.

texaspackerbacker
11-19-2020, 04:43 PM
Could we trade Brandon to get pb back?

hahahahaha Too much dead money.

Zool
11-21-2020, 09:00 AM
Pat Garrity and Tractor Traylor. What trade is worse than Ray for Peyton? Nowitski is bad but he never _was_ a Buck in uniform so it's less bad in a sense. Ray for Peyton is one of the worst trades in NBA history IMO.

Ding ding! I suppose I can see the argument for unknown quantities. But the sheer scale in career differences is what puts that over the top for me. 3 year bench guy and a HOF player. It’s splitting hairs though.

And Hoosier has a point. The Kareem trade would be like trading Giannis for a couple bench guys and one of those tshirt guns.

Anti-Polar Bear
11-21-2020, 12:39 PM
As Red would complain, y’all realize that we have a Bucks forum, right? I ain’t watched a full NBA game since the Bulls released my favorite hoop player of all time, Dennis Rodman.

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 12:58 PM
It’s so hilarious to me how some people think this is going to be some big “Game Changer” for us. This just perfectly illustrates how dire and desperate the situation really is.

Brian Gutekunst has literally sent this team out there to fight with one hand tied behind their back. It’s utterly pathetic!!!!

Gutekunst shouldn’t be anywhere near any GM position at any level!!

Well, we are already the 6th nfl offense by yards and 5th by points, so it probably isn't a game changer. I mean, there is only a couple spots difference it can make.

bobblehead
11-21-2020, 12:59 PM

Without looking I want to say Robert "tractor" Traylor.

edit: Ok, as I read on I forgot about the force that was Garrity.