PDA

View Full Version : 2020/2021 Super Bowl aspirations thread

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 01:36 PM
Packers have no season enders except Lane Taylor right now

The whole league is getting injured this year after not having the usual ”gradual lead up to football shape” offseason.

Fatigue is setting in and injuries even more likely as most teams have 8-12 weeks straight without a bye week break.

The bye gives our guys a chance to recover from the fatigue type injuries that are happening from a ramp up to full football activity that was too short and not gradual enough due to offseason conditions.

If we get out of this one with no season Enders, the early bye that looks like a curse at first glance might be the break our team needs to get guys recovered and now in actual football shape after four weeks of games.

1234 bye
123 Thursday night / mini bye

The curse is having to grind early when guys bodies aren’t fully ready. The injuries are more likely for the teams that don’t get an early bye because they’ll never get a chance to rest and lessen those fatigue style injuries

We’re panicking about injuries, but we might have the best schedule to avoid them in all of football! Even this Monday night game helps!

One more week of avoiding season enders and we're in prime shape to destroy the more injured teams in the league!

RashanGary
10-02-2020, 01:55 PM
We've had a best case start to the season

MVS is much improved
Lazard is much improved (and will be back. They woulda asked him to try to play through it like he did all game and like do many players do with core muscle tears (see big bob last year)) the quick surgery shows they think they can have him 100 sooner than later because clearly he can play through it.
Big bob is much improved
Jace is improved
Jamal is improved
Rodgers is improved
The OL stepped up without bulaga, not back
The whole offense is better!

Defensively, we miss the reliability of Martinez and Fackrell. Clark has been out for all but 2 quarters of the season.

But......

Gary is drastically better than last year. Ideal jump
Clark is coming back.
Kingsley Keke has become our second best DL and changes the whole complexion once it's Clark/Keke and not keke/lowry.
Alexander has entered into the conversation of best CB in the league. Top 5 easy.
Explosive plays are way down with Amos and Savage playing much more sound football in the back end
King looks bigger and seems more durable
Kirkseys injury sucks cuz we're so young, but the playing time is invaluable for the young guys to contribute over the long season

Once Clark is back. The improved DL depth is pushing Lowry, Lancaster and Adams into back up roles and not below average starter roles changes the DL going forward

No long term injuries.

Clear improvement from the secondary not giving up big plays and the clear improvement from Keke and Gary up front point to the Packers defense really hitting stride once Clark is back on the field.

The no season enders combined with the best case development of the young players points to the Packers getting stronger as the season goes and peaking later in the season!

texaspackerbacker
10-02-2020, 08:12 PM
A lot of good stuff there, RG. I would even add, Montravious Adams looked better than Lowery and Lancaster ever did.

Also, Summers, Barnes, and even Burks looked better than anything I saw from Kirksey. And did my eyes deceive me, or did they actually do what I called for last year, use Burks a few times at OLB?

Savage looked a lot better against the Saints. Again, maybe my eyes were deceiving me, but I think they switched things up a lot, with Savage doing the Amos thing, playing up in the box or close to it with Amos either in man coverage or a single high Safety.

As several other good NFC teams have had injuries or just underachieved, the Packers chances of at least getting to the Super Bowl seem really good. Winning it, though? That could be a tougher nut to crack. In any given game, though, on neutral ground, anything is possible.

Vincenzo
10-03-2020, 02:11 AM
You might just be the biggest Packer Homer I ever met Rashan, (certainly online) and I’ve been a fan for almost 40 years.

Week one this Jamaican coworker of mine had to tell me he laid $100 on the our Packers to win the Super Bowl this season. Of course he exclaimed over and over how he was gonna win $2000, man.
Coolest thing you could ever hear as he keeps rejoicing his future earnings. He says he had a dream.
Holy shit ever since I’ve been trying to give him a reality dose which I know he doesn’t like.
It’s going to be fun as the season unfolds!!

texaspackerbacker
10-03-2020, 08:50 AM
RG has a ways to go to surpass me as a homer hahahaha, but he's doing damn good that way. Of course, being a homer is a lot easier when your home team(s) are so damn good and so damn consistent. Packers, Badgers both football and basketball, and to as a lesser extent Bucks and Brewers in recent years anyway, and for me, add to that the Cowboys; To a large degree, being a homer is based on being blessed with all that winning wonderfulness.

Good Luck to your friend. I like his attitude. I've always had a helluva lot more respect for people like that than for the negativists and whiny types who like to piss all over the home team(s) and then try to call themselves realists.

run pMc
10-03-2020, 03:19 PM
It's been a good start to the season, I wouldn't call it best case (unless you look at just the 3-0 record).
Beating the Falcons and coming out of the bye 4-0 to play TB and SF will be big. There's so much football ahead it's hard to say, but being 3-0 sure beats 0-3 and improves their chances (historically speaking) for a deep playoff run.

They really need to solve their run defense and forcing more punts. Offense has been carrying them so far; defense has to do their part, especially once they face better teams.

Joemailman
10-03-2020, 06:09 PM
Packers at 70% chance of making playoffs. Jumps to 82% with a win Monday night.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/gN_MjclzXSOUJIfOx5VTtSFA3O0=/0x0:563x559/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:563x559):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19334240/btb_playoff_odds_chart.jpg

Upnorth
10-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Packers at 70% chance of making playoffs. Jumps to 82% with a win Monday night.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/gN_MjclzXSOUJIfOx5VTtSFA3O0=/0x0:563x559/1200x0/filters:focal(0x0:563x559):no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/19334240/btb_playoff_odds_chart.jpg

The losses side of the chart will look far different soon with the 7th team