PDA

View Full Version : More Banjo - Packers vs Falcons

Joemailman
10-05-2020, 11:02 PM
No wide receivers? No problem. Rodgers completes 20 passes to RB's and TE's for 4 TD's.

Packers first 4-0 start since 2015

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 11:08 PM
Big Bob getting a feature role for the next six games or so while lizard is out. Gonna be cool if we have a healthy run leading into post season. I think 12 and 33 can feast with two of their top weapons (lizard and big bob) being such effective run/pass players.

Also glad to see them limiting Jones touches.... Get all three backs going. Keep Jones healthy!

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 11:11 PM
I'm not a big Josh Jackson fan. Hopefully 20 is back sooner than later

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 11:14 PM
Both Clark and Adams thought they could play. The downside is we've been a little less than 100% without them. The upside is both should be a full 100% going forward. Probably we’ll lose a different key player at some point, but at least we’re 4-0 and the injuries won't be compounding.

RashanGary
10-05-2020, 11:18 PM
Snacks Harrison coming in for a visit with Green Bay on Wednesday if he doesn't sign with Seattle on Tuesday

Joemailman
10-05-2020, 11:23 PM
Z with 4 TFL tonight. He showed up in a big way.

Joemailman
10-05-2020, 11:26 PM
Snacks Harrison coming in for a visit with Green Bay on Wednesday if he doesn't sign with Seattle on Tuesday

Howard Green II?

texaspackerbacker
10-05-2020, 11:31 PM
I am not a fan of Kevin King. Jackson was at least no worse when he came in. I'm more concerned with Sullivan being out, although 2 weeks ought to be more than enough to get over a concussion. Keke didn't do much tonight after doing so well last week.

I hope they do sign Snacks Harrison. Cut Lancaster or maybe M. Adams - did he even play tonight?

I said before the season, Tonyan was gonna be the best of the TEs. People have been craving somebody like Kelce or Kittle. Tonyan is starting to play at near that level.

I said this week, Aaron Rodgers was gonna have another great game, partly because Atlanta was gonna be expecting and playing to stop a lot of runs, and partly just because he's the GOAT.

Anti-Polar Bear
10-05-2020, 11:40 PM
Z with 4 TFL tonight. He showed up in a big way.

Z-Smith also paid tribute to the late Breonna Taylor after a sack. Well done.

HarveyWallbangers
10-05-2020, 11:44 PM
I am not a fan of Kevin King. Jackson was at least no worse when he came in.

:)

Jackson was not good.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 12:05 AM
I am not a fan of Kevin King. Jackson was at least no worse when he came in. I'm more concerned with Sullivan being out, although 2 weeks ought to be more than enough to get over a concussion. Keke didn't do much tonight after doing so well last week.

I hope they do sign Snacks Harrison. Cut Lancaster or maybe M. Adams - did he even play tonight?

I said before the season, Tonyan was gonna be the best of the TEs. People have been craving somebody like Kelce or Kittle. Tonyan is starting to play at near that level.

I said this week, Aaron Rodgers was gonna have another great game, partly because Atlanta was gonna be expecting and playing to stop a lot of runs, and partly just because he's the GOAT.

You're really good at spotting some things others don't. Your mind is completely unbiased in the sense that you see what you see and don't let anyone tell you what you saw. I'd definite want you part of any think group because you're a true observer vs pack thinker.

But id want someone else making the final calls :lol:

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 12:07 AM
Howard Green II?

He'd be a great fit for this defense.

Clark
Harrison
Keke

Backups
Lowry
Lancaster
Adams

It's just so much better when those last three are backups!! And Harrison would give Clark some rest! I really think snacks should choose the packers if money is equal. He'd play less and have a chance to be healthy here.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 12:10 AM
If I had to list one player who misses Clark most, it's Preston. Preston has a pretty sweet dip and turn the corner speed rush that only works when there is push in the middle to keep the QB from stepping up.

We NEED Clark. And hopefully land Snacks too!

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2020, 12:11 AM
:)

Jackson was not good.

True, but neither was King.

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2020, 12:25 AM
True, but neither was King.

I didn't really notice King much in this game (I'll have to rewatch), but he's MUCH better than Jackson. Has Jackson ever had a good moment?

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2020, 05:41 AM
If I had to list one player who misses Clark most, it's Preston. Preston has a pretty sweet dip and turn the corner speed rush that only works when there is push in the middle to keep the QB from stepping up.

We NEED Clark. And hopefully land Snacks too!

Back at you on what you said above about me. This makes sense about Preston. I hope he shapes up when Clark comes back.

run pMc
10-06-2020, 07:55 AM
I actually thought King played really well - he was very good in run support. When Sullivan went down and then King got hurt, there was a big drop off.
Jackson still has struggles, which makes me think he's a bust. He will have a good rep and then a terrible one -- he's very inconsistent, and you can't have players like that in your secondary. I'm going to bet Hollman passes him on the depth chart by end of year.

Montravious played a little and had one nice play, but he's end of depth chart material, a shame given his athleticism and draft status. They'll replace him when the season ends with another draft pick. Signing Snacks would be an interesting move and would cause them to dump Winn. I expect it would help their run defense too.

Z was very active last night too, although ATL took advantage of his aggression at times. The young ILBs (Summers and Barnes) didn't embarrass themselves.
Tonyan was featured and he stepped up. The RBs played well, although I wanted Jones in on that 4th and goal play instead of Williams -- he has a nose for the end zone. Give ATL credit -- they played hard for their coach and made it tough sledding for GB's running game most of the night. They were playing PS guys at safety by the end of the night, so you know Rodgers was going to pick them apart. That he did with MVS as your #1 is very impressive.

MVS played ok. Didn't shrink from the attention, but he didn't thrive either. The other WRs did ok, not much production but they blocked well for Jones, Williams, and Tonyan.

Who had Jamaal down for that many catches? He could barely gain a yard on the ground but he was killing ATL on outlet/swing passes.

4-0 at the quarter point of the season, all against NFC teams, and a game up on Chicago. If they can come out of the bye healthy that would be big. Will be looking for injury updates -- they were a skeleton crew last night, and TB is starting to hit its stride.

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 09:52 AM
A word of caution: The defenses the Packers have faced are currently ranked 29th, 27th, 7th and 31st. Yes, they pit up 37 on a good Saints defense, but they will be facing more good defenses starting with their next game against the 4th ranked Bucs defense.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 10:16 AM
Absolutely joe. Need to have 17, 33, 83 and 85 at full go capacity to win this next one. There are some more cup cakes after that, but 5-0 is gonna be a task.

hoosier
10-06-2020, 10:17 AM
A word of caution: The defenses the Packers have faced are currently ranked 29th, 27th, 7th and 31st. Yes, they pit up 37 on a good Saints defense, but they will be facing more good defenses starting with their next game against the 4th ranked Bucs defense.

Haven't looked at how previous opponents have done against other teams, but part of the reason they're ranked poorly is that 25% of their games have been against Packers :)

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 10:56 AM
Haven't looked at how previous opponents have done against other teams, but part of the reason they're ranked poorly is that 25% of their games have been against Packers :)

I know. I know. Just trying to avoid an overdose of Kool-Aid here. :alc:

texaspackerbacker
10-06-2020, 11:03 AM

A large part of those rankings are because of what the Packers did to them hahahahahaha. I see you beat me to it making that point, Hoosier.

I don't expect Tampa Bay to be all that tough either, especially if we get our injured back, but even if we don't get them all back.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 01:04 PM
Bucs played the panthers broncos and chargers. Brady has taken a few weeks to get his groove so they haven’t been playing with big leads. Their defense is kinda looking better statistically because of surrounding circumstances.

Adams, Clark, King, Sullivan....

Even without Gary for a couple weeks, we should be good to beat the bucs and the slouches after them.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 01:06 PM
Plus, we know the bears personnel really well. It’s nice that they play the Bears before us. Give some glimpses of strengths and weaknesses vs a known quantity. It’s like watching someone run and then watching them run next to Davante Adams. Davante is a known quantity so you can get a better idea of the person running along side him. That concept in a lot of places

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 01:09 PM
And playing the bears on short rest when we get a week off. Not gonna be good for the fatigue/soft tissue injuries that are going around.

hoosier
10-06-2020, 01:55 PM
I know. I know. Just trying to avoid an overdose of Kool-Aid here. :alc:

Good thinkin'

Fritz
10-06-2020, 01:57 PM
So what happened to Kevin King?

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2020, 01:58 PM
Green Bay 43, Minnesota 34
Green Bay 42, Detroit 21
Green Bay 37, New Orleans 30
Green Bay 30, Atlanta 16

Minnesota averages 24.0 points/game and allows 27.3 points/game in their other games
Detroit averages 26.0 points/game and allows 33.3 points/game in their other games
New Orleans averages 31.0 points/game and allows 28.7 points/game in their other games
Atlanta averages 30.0 points/game and allows 36.0 points/game in their other games

In 3 of 4 games we've scored more points than our opponent's allowed, on average, in their other games.
Conversely, in 3 of 4 games the defense has allowed less points than our opponent's score, on average, in their other games.

Our opponents are scoring 27.8 points/game in their other games. We are allowing 25.3 points/game. -2.5 under the average.
Our opponents are allowing 31.3 points/game in their other games. We are scoring 38.0 points/game. +6.7 over the average.

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2020, 04:08 PM
I didn't really notice King much in this game (I'll have to rewatch), but he's MUCH better than Jackson. Has Jackson ever had a good moment?

Studs and duds from Packers' 30-16 win over Falcons in Week 4 (https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/06/studs-and-duds-from-packers-30-16-win-over-falcons-in-week-4/)

Duds
CB Josh Jackson: He came off the bench when injuries hit the cornerback position and played 28 forgettable snaps. Not only was he penalized for a holding penalty after getting grabby with a receiver downfield on fourth down, but he missed three tackles, including one a third-down run from Todd Gurley and another in the hole on Gurley’s first touchdown run, and gave up a first-down converting catch on third down. While Jaire Alexander is a star, Jackson is looking more and more like a bust.

On a positive note, I thought Tyler Lancaster played his role pretty well this game. I've been hard on him and Lowry, but maybe we can't write off Lancaster just yet.

HarveyWallbangers
10-06-2020, 04:58 PM
Deguara out for the season with torn ACL -- which is disappointing. I had hopes for him. Fortunately, it looks like our TE depth is much better than thought and JWilliams can play some FB.

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 05:34 PM
Deguara out for the season with torn ACL -- which is disappointing. I had hopes for him. Fortunately, it looks like our TE depth is much better than thought and JWilliams can play some FB.

Damn. More opportunities for Lovett I suppose.

George Cumby
10-06-2020, 06:30 PM

That's a real bummer.

It looked horrible, but then he walked off the field under his own power, so I was hoping it was just a tweak.

smuggler
10-06-2020, 06:37 PM
I knew it was Deguara's ACL when it happened. Because of the test they were performing, I expect he also has meniscus damage.

KYPack
10-06-2020, 10:02 PM
I knew it was Deguara's ACL when it happened. Because of the test they were performing, I expect he also has meniscus damage.

Yep, a brutal roll-up. He knew it was happening, but couldn't wriggle out in time.

He needed a good rookie year, he's a hustler a great kid that's good to have on your team.