PDA

View Full Version : What Could Have Been

Packnut
09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I've seen so many excuse from people here about how it's to early to judge MM in 1 game. Well I guess not ALL rookie coaches are in over their head. This is the guy we should have gotten IF we had a GM who hired a coach on his past history and not one who would be intimidated by him.

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1157952936178790.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I've seen so many excuse from people here about how it's to early to judge MM in 1 game. Well I guess not ALL rookie coaches are in over their head. This is the guy we should have gotten IF we had a GM who hired a coach on his past history and not one who would be intimidated by him.

http://www.nola.com/saints/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1157952936178790.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

Screw Sean Payton man. I would much rather have MM then that guy. Think of it this way, he worked under Parcells for years and two years ago finally got the promotion to call his own plays. I would love to have a guy like Marinelli, though.

ahaha
09-12-2006, 01:21 PM
This is the guy I wanted the Packers to hire. But it's so unfair to compare his debut to McCarthy's. He got to play the lowly Browns and their second year quarterback.

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:24 PM
And has a team on the up and up and in good spirits because they have the best prospect to enter the league in years and a solid QB.

Willard
09-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Lets hold off on the McCarthy vs. Payton discussion until after this week's game. Perhaps that will give us some more insight into who can gameplan, and manage the game better.

Packnut
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM

Screw Sean Payton man. I would much rather have MM then that guy. Think of it this way, he worked under Parcells for years and two years ago finally got the promotion to call his own plays. I would love to have a guy like Marinelli, though.

It's insane that after watching the game-plan MM put together last week that you would post something this ridiculous.

Packnut
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Lets hold off on the McCarthy vs. Payton discussion until after this week's game. Perhaps that will give us some more insight into who can gameplan, and manage the game better.

Several eyes will be opened after this week's game.

FritzDontBlitz
09-12-2006, 04:23 PM

apparently you forget that when the 2005 season ended the saints job was the job no one else wanted because of the devastation of katrina, the b.s. from benson and because they positively sucked as a team - and then by some asinine fluke of front office judgement reggie bush falls right in their lap.

sean payton is not the wunderkind you envision, he's just the guy who took what no one else wanted. if anyone should be credited for the saints week 1 victory it should be bush, not payton.

FritzDontBlitz
09-12-2006, 04:25 PM
packnut, i just saw that you're from oak lawn. that makes us like neighbors. almost.....

Joemailman
09-12-2006, 06:41 PM

It's insane that after watching the game-plan MM put together last week that you would post something this ridiculous.

So...those of us who have not achieved your elevated level of wisdom are insane and ridiculous. :roll: MM has coached one game, against the best defense in football. The game-plan didn't work because the Packers couldn't convert on 3rd and short in the 1st half. Judging the relative strengths of 2 coaches after one game is, how shall I say...premature. By the way, Mike Holmgren started out 0-2, including a 31-3 loss to a bad Tampa Bay team. It happens.

usd34
09-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Packers should have interviewed kirk ferintz from Iowa. He is a great coach and he knows how to get his players ready to play.

Packnut
09-12-2006, 07:02 PM

So...those of us who have not achieved your elevated level of wisdom are insane and ridiculous. :roll: MM has coached one game, against the best defense in football. The game-plan didn't work because the Packers couldn't convert on 3rd and short in the 1st half. Judging the relative strengths of 2 coaches after one game is, how shall I say...premature. By the way, Mike Holmgren started out 0-2, including a 31-3 loss to a bad Tampa Bay team. It happens.

Keep making excuses for a guy getting paid a good buck to at least be freaking competitive. And yep, anyone who thinks that game-plan was good is insane. We were SHUT OUT! First time in Favre's career. How do you excuse that? Please enlighten me and explain why the best damn player on the team is not a focal point of the offense. Would'nt ya think at the very least there would have been some WR screens to Driver?

It was'nt like this guy had a week to game-plan. He had the whole damn training camp! Also last time I checked, TB was not our most bitter rival. I guess getting humilaited by the Chicago Bears means nothing to you, so go ahead and give MM a pass on a piss poor game plan.

vince
09-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Packers should have interviewed kirk ferintz from Iowa. He is a great coach and he knows how to get his players ready to play.
Love Kirk Ferentz. He took himself out of consideration for any NFL jobs very quickly after the season last year though... He's very happy and content at Iowa... for now...

mraynrand
09-12-2006, 07:07 PM
It's probably not a good idea to indict MM after one game. Critique him? Certainly. Other coaches have looked crappy week one, even the incomparable Jon Gruden. I actually think you might need two seasons to figure out what McCarthy's got. The roster has been scrubbed, and it's just going to take some time. optimistically, I'm banking on improvement by the end of the year, based solely on TT's history of success with draft picks.

flipnout91
09-12-2006, 08:27 PM
I think you are all wrong. I may have not been an assistant in the NFL but I had a decent college career and I have had big success coaching HS in a medium size town for the last twelve years . I run versions of the Wing, Wing T, and the power I. We put forty eight points on our opponents last week and we have almost one three state titles in ten years. I would have sadly left to coach the Pack. Could you see the Pack lined up in the Wing T? Now thats football!!!!