PDA

View Full Version : RIP Eddie Van Halen

HowardRoark
10-06-2020, 04:17 PM
I feel old

wist43
10-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Feeling real old now... Helen Reddy, Mac Davis.

Lot of others getting up there... Willie Nelson, Tommie Chong is in his 80's I think. Was watching Midnight Run with DeNiro and Charles Grodin yesterday... Grodin is 85 now.

The debt that all men pay.

Oscar
10-07-2020, 06:42 AM
Ain't talkin about love was the first Van Halen song I learned as a young guitar player. Now I'm an old guitar player. I'd like to kick Father Time right in the balls! RIP EVH.

HarveyWallbangers
10-08-2020, 07:18 PM
My favorite guitarist. Weird that I’m slightly shaken by the death of a celebrity. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love is a top 5 song for me.

wist43
10-08-2020, 08:25 PM
My favorite guitarist. Weird that I’m slightly shaken by the death of a celebrity. Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love is a top 5 song for me.

I know he was respected by other guitarists, but I could never get into VH... was older when they came along.

I grew up on Clapton, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, and Blues. Loved Stevie Ray Vaughn.

Last concert I went to was Joe Bonamassa - the guy is just a savant in so many styles. I know Joe had a lot of respect for EVH.

We're gettin old Harvey :(

Joemailman
10-09-2020, 02:15 PM
Never a fan. Not saying he wasn't good at what he did. I just didn't think what he did was very musical. Joe Bonamassa is the guy now.

Zool
10-09-2020, 04:55 PM
I think anyone who defines an entire genre is an amazing artist. It’s a pretty short list. Jimmy and Eddie on guitar in the last 60 years. There’s a ton of music that never gets made without Eddie.