PDA

View Full Version : Official Packers Bye Week Thread

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 06:53 PM
Packers release Reggie Begelton from roster, release Curtis Bolton from PUP, and Caleb Scott from practice squad. Once they put DeGuara on IR they will have 3 open roster spots, and 2 open practice squad spots.

Could be a busy week for Gute.

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 07:15 PM
David Bakhtiari likes Snacks:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EjrcDwuXYAA3lQw?format=jpg&name=large

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 09:50 PM
It appears snacks made it out of Seattle without a contract... I think it would be Clark, keke, snacks as our top 3. Then the three backups after that. Better than its been anyway.

KYPack
10-06-2020, 09:54 PM
Wkipedia is reporting this is a done deal...

Damon Paul Harrison (born November 29, 1988) is an American football nose tackle who is currently playing for the Green Bay Packers.

I like it. Play the beeg boy on run downs and give Clark another couple weeks to work back into playing form.

Do it Gooter, if it ain't already done.

Upnorth
10-06-2020, 10:35 PM
Now that is a beautiful in season pickup... If it happens.

RashanGary
10-06-2020, 11:20 PM
Wkipedia is reporting this is a done deal...

Damon Paul Harrison (born November 29, 1988) is an American football nose tackle who is currently playing for the Green Bay Packers.

I like it. Play the beeg boy on run downs and give Clark another couple weeks to work back into playing form.

Do it Gooter, if it ain't already done.

Nice find, scoops

Joemailman
10-06-2020, 11:21 PM
Make him an offer he can't refuse.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/911PTmXdXrL._SL1500_.jpg

Tony Oday
10-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Snacks is a Seahawk.

KYPack
10-07-2020, 09:26 AM
Snacks is a Seahawk.

Freakin wiki.

This is the Snacks entry for today....

Damon Paul Harrison (born November 29, 1988) is an American football nose tackle who is currently a member of the Seattle Seahawks

They must have given him a hundred snacks and he was too tired to go the airport

Fosco33
10-07-2020, 10:20 AM
Wasn’t Aaron the owner of Chicago in wiki at one point?

Upnorth
10-07-2020, 01:31 PM
Let's face it, he's over rated any way. Am I right or am I right....

Seriously though this sucks for this year. Even when Clark gets back snacks would have had a solid positive impact on our d.

KYPack
10-07-2020, 02:01 PM
Let's face it, he's over rated any way. Am I right or am I right....

Seriously though this sucks for this year. Even when Clark gets back snacks would have had a solid positive impact on our d.

Pettine loves to have two big horses covering the A gap.

Snacks was a coin flip, 31, on the decline, who knows what kind of shape he's in.

But I would've flipped the coin.

QBME
10-07-2020, 06:19 PM
Pettine loves to have two big horses covering the A gap.

Snacks was a coin flip, 31, on the decline, who knows what kind of shape he's in.

But I would've flipped the coin.

Yup.

Sparkey
10-07-2020, 09:01 PM
Instead of Snacks, there is a potentially better option out there. Mind you, he had a core injury in 2019 and he is no longer the dominant pass rusher he used to be. Marcell Dareus, if healthy, would be a solid run stuffing lineman add at this time of the year.

bobblehead
10-08-2020, 07:59 AM
Instead of Snacks, there is a potentially better option out there. Mind you, he had a core injury in 2019 and he is no longer the dominant pass rusher he used to be. Marcell Dareus, if healthy, would be a solid run stuffing lineman add at this time of the year.

Agree. He could be useful, but did anyone notice that Lancaster actually played a good game at NT? Maybe time to move clark around a bit and let Lancaster anchor vs. the run? Tyler won't be getting any sacks soon, but he can collapse a pocket a bit and actually stuff run plays it might be something to consider if we run into SF or some other run heavy team in the playoffs.

Upnorth
10-10-2020, 09:53 AM
Agree. He could be useful, but did anyone notice that Lancaster actually played a good game at NT? Maybe time to move clark around a bit and let Lancaster anchor vs. the run? Tyler won't be getting any sacks soon, but he can collapse a pocket a bit and actually stuff run plays it might be something to consider if we run into SF or some other run heavy team in the playoffs.

If Atlanta had an average oline I would be on side with this. Atlanta does not have an average oline.

bobblehead
10-10-2020, 10:39 AM
If Atlanta had an average oline I would be on side with this. Atlanta does not have an average oline.

Understood. And its a very small sample size. I just think back 2 years ago when we like Lancaster more and he was playing NT more. I also think about how the Rams got the most out of Donald when they started moving him around. Clark is a great NT, and maybe he doesn't translate to DE...but I am near positive Lancaster is a much better NT than DE. And in the 3-4 DE is more akin to a 4-3 DT.

CaptainKickass
10-11-2020, 12:49 PM
Obligatory bye week post.

QBME
10-11-2020, 03:08 PM
Obligatory bye week post.

HA!