PDA

View Full Version : Week 5 Games Thread

RashanGary
10-08-2020, 07:33 PM
Bears have a good defense now. Bucs offense is looking pretty darn good to be able to have that consistency. Gonna be a real tough game. Clark is gonna be big for us.

RashanGary
10-08-2020, 08:02 PM
Bucs offense looks real for sure. Gonna need all our horses for that one.

Guiness
10-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Gronk having a good night with 3 catches, with one of his other targets being uncatchable. If he's back that changes their offense and is a security blanket for Brady.

Bears offense is atrocious. Can't run the ball (KY if you watched, can you tell if it's the back of the line? Everything just seems to go nowhere). Foles progression seems to be 'watch Robinson to see if he comes open, if not dump it off to Montgomery, who is averaging about a yard per reception if you ignore one long gain.

I didn't know Cordarrelle was in Chicago.

RashanGary
10-08-2020, 10:32 PM
Buccaneers have a really good run defense. But we should have a lot easier time with their up and coming star NT out.

Boy though, the Bears have a good defense. And they don’t look hobbled at all. They look strong. Gonna be some battles coming up against that team.

Guiness
10-08-2020, 10:35 PM
And...the Bears pull it out? Bad Tampa punt after a 3 and out, Montgomery has a couple of no gain runs then catches a 20yd pass to put them in position for a game winning field goal! lol

RashanGary
10-08-2020, 10:47 PM
Bears love those mudders at running back. He’ll be better in december

Upnorth
10-08-2020, 11:11 PM
Too bad. I wish bucks would have won for 2 reasons.
1) bears suck
2) bugs of a loss will be hungrier.

texaspackerbacker
10-08-2020, 11:12 PM
They both looked pretty beatable. I could see a few flashes of the old good Brady, but he was off target a lot too, and so immobile. The Packers ought to be able to get to him as much or more than the Bears did. Their Jones was decent at RB, but not nearly as good as our Jones.

Either the Tampa run D was about as good as advertised or else the Bears just had a sorry running game. I lean toward the latter. Either way, if Vita Vea is out for the Packers game, they get worse.

I get the impression Tampa just isn't a very well coached team even though they do have a fair amount of talent.

smuggler
10-09-2020, 12:03 AM
Neither Bears nor Bucs looked particularly good, with the exception of the Bucs' run defense.

KYPack
10-09-2020, 08:47 PM
Gronk having a good night with 3 catches, with one of his other targets being uncatchable. If he's back that changes their offense and is a security blanket for Brady.

Bears offense is atrocious. Can't run the ball (KY if you watched, can you tell if it's the back of the line? Everything just seems to go nowhere). Foles progression seems to be 'watch Robinson to see if he comes open, if not dump it off to Montgomery, who is averaging about a yard per reception if you ignore one long gain.

I didn't know Cordarrelle was in Chicago.

Watched the game in my office in the reflection of a plaque on my wall. Didn't run my office chair around until the last minutes. Glad to answer yer ?, but not sure I understand whatcha mean.

Gronk has some skills left, but his cardio is shot. The boy was gassin'.

I'd think if they do a lot of good this year, Brady will hang em up.

I don't know why Patterson bounces from team to team. Guy is a big, fast bastard. Aikman spoke true when he said he'd hate to try and tackle Coradelle. Me too.

Guiness
10-09-2020, 11:21 PM
Watched the game in my office in the reflection of a plaque on my wall. Didn't run my office chair around until the last minutes. Glad to answer yer ?, but not sure I understand whatcha mean.

Gronk has some skills left, but his cardio is shot. The boy was gassin'.

I'd think if they do a lot of good this year, Brady will hang em up.

I don't know why Patterson bounces from team to team. Guy is a big, fast bastard. Aikman spoke true when he said he'd hate to try and tackle Coradelle. Me too.

I really thought Patterson had found a home with NE. He seemed to do well in that system, he certainly had a day against the Pack for them.

I did think Gronk looked an awful lot like Graham did for us last year, long lopping strides through oatmeal.

What I was asking is why couldn't the Bears get yards on the ground? I said 'back of the line' but meant 'back OR the line'. I think there were no holes for him, this week and probably last week against Indi when he has a similar stat line, 10 rushes for 27 yards.

RashanGary
10-10-2020, 12:20 AM
Hicks, Mack, Fuller and Jackson are all great players. That defense shows up.

When Godwin gets back, the bucs should rest Evans. He's clearly not right. Get those two beasts healthy for the post season and as Ronald Jones in there, and that offense can be extremely dangerous with 12 dealing the rock.

The bucs lost their star fatty on defense. Might doom their season.

We get them at a good time. Gimpy Evans, no Vea, and probably no Godwin. Bucs just having some bad luck....

As for the Bears, they're a touch dangerous in the long run. I'm a fan.of that defense. If they can find a way to get the offense clicking a little, those could be some tough games

smuggler
10-11-2020, 12:47 AM
We've been dinged up ourselves, to be sure, but I feel like we've gotten to face a lot of teams without their best players so far.

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 02:35 AM
Seagawks still have

Cardinals
49ers
Bills
Rams
Cardinals
Rams
49ers

And the Eagles can be dangerous if they're healthy too. Cox, Graham, Malik Jackson and the up and coming Josh sweat/derrek barnett can be tough up front.

If goedert makes it back at some point this year and a couple of their Wrs......

The Eagles can be tough too.

So Seattle doesn't have cake walk.

Joemailman
10-11-2020, 08:52 AM
Titans had to close down their facility again after a coach tested positive. Game rescheduled for Tuesday night could be in doubt.

Broncos/Patriots Monday night game is postponed to some other week.

KYPack
10-11-2020, 09:10 AM
I really thought Patterson had found a home with NE. He seemed to do well in that system, he certainly had a day against the Pack for them.

I did think Gronk looked an awful lot like Graham did for us last year, long lopping strides through oatmeal.

What I was asking is why couldn't the Bears get yards on the ground? I said 'back of the line' but meant 'back OR the line'. I think there were no holes for him, this week and probably last week against Indi when he has a similar stat line, 10 rushes for 27 yards.

Both the line and the Bear backs (bare backs?) were at fault IMHO. The Bears OLine is like most teams nowadays. Intermittent. Sometimes they hit and most times they miss like hell. The backs (or back, only remember one guy) were doing way too mush dancing. I have fond memories of an old coach who used to scream at backs who didn't commit to the hole "Save that fuckin' dancin for the fuckin dance floor" The Bears outta dig old coach Dick up and have him coach their backfield.

One thing about the Bears, they are hangin' in there. I'd like to see 'em go away and not be a problem to us.

texaspackerbacker
10-11-2020, 01:40 PM
Josh Jones just got kicked out of the game for helmet to helmet. They referred to him earlier as "leading the Jaguar defense. Either he improved, or a lot of us had him pegged wrong with the Packers.

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 02:16 PM
Josh Jones just got kicked out of the game for helmet to helmet. They referred to him earlier as "leading the Jaguar defense. Either he improved, or a lot of us had him pegged wrong with the Packers.

He was a stupid, cocky kid. Like Randall. Maybe he got humbled

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 02:17 PM

Joemailman
10-11-2020, 03:16 PM

He leads the team in tackles. But he's been bad in coverage, so I'm not sure how good he's really been. But sometimes getting cut by a team does cause a guy to change his attitude. He always had physical ability.

Sparkey
10-11-2020, 04:35 PM
WTH is going in the Dolphins/49ers game ? I'm up hunting, check the scores and Miami is kicking their ass at halftime?

R the Niners the next example of a superbowl hangover.

Fosco33
10-11-2020, 06:05 PM
Dak compound fracture?

Fosco33
10-11-2020, 06:09 PM
Or dislocated ankle. That cost him a lot of cheese.

He is playing on a one-year franchise tag that is worth $31.4 million as he and the team were unable to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. The Cowboys offered Prescott a five-year deal worth $34.5 million per season and more than $100 million guaranteed but he opted to play this season on the tag hoping for larger commitment.

Joemailman
10-11-2020, 06:20 PM
WTH is going in the Dolphins/49ers game ? I'm up hunting, check the scores and Miami is kicking their ass at halftime?

R the Niners the next example of a superbowl hangover.

Could be. Jimmy G got benched today. Hard to be an elite team when you don't know who your QB will be.

Joemailman
10-11-2020, 06:26 PM

He is playing on a one-year franchise tag that is worth $31.4 million as he and the team were unable to reach an agreement on a long-term deal. The Cowboys offered Prescott a five-year deal worth $34.5 million per season and more than $100 million guaranteed but he opted to play this season on the tag hoping for larger commitment.

It wasn't enough to become insanely rich. He insisted on being paid more than guys whose accomplishments are greater than his. The Cowboys offer was very fair.

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 07:33 PM
Uh oh Seattle. If they lose to minny and we beat SF, we have a two game edge cuz of common opponent tie breakers

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 07:45 PM
Remember when clown shoes was saying we had no chance to get through SF and some of us said each year is a new year and we might not even see them in the playoffs.

Where art thou, clown shoes? You promised to stick around when everything you said started to go wrong. I’m sure you’ll find a new community to troll next year until the games start happening and everything you said goes up in flames

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 07:53 PM
One way to stop Russ cooking is to keep Russ out the kitchen

We match up well with them stooges, with our ball control offense

MadScientist
10-11-2020, 07:57 PM
Seattle's defense looks as bad as advertised.

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 07:59 PM
Seattle's defense looks as bad as advertised.

Seahawk fans gotta be feeling sick about that defense

Collinswoeth clearly bet on the Vikings. He’s fired up about them winning this one :lol:

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 08:00 PM
Any one else cheering for some seahawk injuries tonight?

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 08:02 PM
Vikings defense so rested. Should sell out on a few pass rushes here. Just pin em back a couple times

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 08:08 PM
A ball control drive would be killer for Seattle right now. Already tired. If they go into the second have with over 20 minutes of defense, the Vikings are going to be able.to move the ball at will, as if they haven't already

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Seahawks played 20 minutes of defense already. This being the fatigue year, I can see some fatigue injuries coming in the second half.

Cheesehead Craig
10-11-2020, 08:28 PM
Wow is Seattle bad so far tonight, on both sides of the ball.

MadScientist
10-11-2020, 08:34 PM
Any one else cheering for some seahawk injuries tonight?

After seeing Dax today, I'm not rooting for injuries. I do want the Seahawks stuffed an mounted tonight. Russel can cook up a big shitburger tonight.

Zool
10-11-2020, 08:35 PM
Can Carroll be one of the injuries? I’m into that.

Cheesehead Craig
10-11-2020, 09:15 PM
And just like that, Seattle looks outstanding.

Joemailman
10-11-2020, 09:16 PM
Either Metcalf has improved his route running, or the scouting reports on him were wrong.

Joemailman
10-11-2020, 09:18 PM
Queens falling apart.

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Queens falling apart.

Yeah. Pathetic losers!

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 10:10 PM
Minnesota should go for.it. Seattle is exhausted.

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 10:12 PM
40 minutes time.of possession right now. Go up with a two part play. QB sneak if.theyre not crowding and an off play if.they are

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 10:22 PM
Holy shit! Down to.the last play. Russ at the 5

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 10:24 PM
Ouch, Vikings :lol:

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 10:25 PM
Seahawks have 8 tougher games coming up.

RashanGary
10-11-2020, 10:47 PM
The running back choosing an unblocked HOF linebacker to attack vs trying to run through Cody Barton when he's being blocked is a head scratcher. Vikings should have won that

Fosco33
10-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Why didn’t MN kick the fg to go up 8? Make the 1st down or TD and it’s a dagger. Miss the 1st down and could (did) lose. Kick the fg and you at worst play for the tie (TD plus conversion).

run pMc
10-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Going for the 2pt conversion down 21-19 was a hot topic on the fanline as well -- if they kicked the PAT instead, the choice to take the FG later would have been automatic and put them up 9.
(I did agree with the 2pt attempt though; just didn't like the QB sneak call.)

I'd have taken the points just because it means SEA have to score a TD and a 2pt just to tie. The way they were running the ball, plus failing to convert buries SEA deep in their territory... I can see the logic. I'd just take the points and force them to tie... SEA defense was gassed and (at worst) going to OT likely favors MIN.

bobblehead
10-12-2020, 11:40 AM

Never been a Dak fan, but I feel for him. He is insanely rich no matter how you slice it or dice it and I will criticize his decisions, but man, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That being said, he kept his cool in the immediate after that injury. He has stayed positive this morning after surgery. Hope he has a full recovery.

Patler
10-12-2020, 01:43 PM

At some point, QBs do have to remember that there are a lot of others feeding out of the same trough having a amount of fodder.

texaspackerbacker
10-12-2020, 01:56 PM
I, on the other hand, have been a Dak supporter in discussions with a lot of Cowboy fans who weren't too thrilled with him. My default is to not feel much sympathy for super highly paid athletes who get injured - unless they play for teams I care about, of course. For the kind of money they make, there should be a risk to life and limb.

Yes, I think Dak will have a full recovery. As bad as that injury was, I would think recovery time should be less and the recovery should be more complete than most ACL injuries.

Fosco33
10-12-2020, 03:53 PM
Ask Alex smith about compound fracture recovery... yes, his infection was rare (and deadly). Or Bridgewater - almost lost his leg.

Literal life and limb

KYPack
10-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Nice barnburner in New Orleans. NO 20 SD 20 with Drew Brees making a late rally. Came on here looking for Rat comments. Guess everybody is reveling in the Queenies loss.

Upnorth
10-13-2020, 07:20 AM
Nice barnburner in New Orleans. NO 20 SD 20 with Drew Brees making a late rally. Came on here looking for Rat comments. Guess everybody is reveling in the Queenies loss.

First time I didn't want them to fail in a long time. Stupid vikings.

Fosco33
10-13-2020, 07:28 AM
I watched 2nd half. Stupid ‘money’ kicker misses the long fg and saints stop ‘em on 4th down with nice def play to preserve the OT. Not quite the bar burner but some really nice late 4th q receptions.

Joemailman
10-13-2020, 09:01 AM
Brees doesn't have much arm left, but it's still hard to hold him down for 4 quarters. When they get Thomas back, they'll still be a team with a lot of weapons.

Herbert is quite good.