PDA

View Full Version : Packers vs Buccaneers pre game discussion

RashanGary
10-08-2020, 10:27 PM
Vita Vea out. He’s been a really damn good player for them this year. Kinda like Clark, it took him a couple years to take off, but he took off.

We should be able to run on them now. He was their stopper.

QBME
10-08-2020, 11:00 PM
Buc's totally sucked against the Barelys tonight.

Brady looked like the old man (football wise) he is.

Gronk pretty much the same. Washed up, collecting a pay check.

smuggler
10-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Gronk was effective but moving gingerly between plays. Brady looked more pedestrian. Is Godwin expected to play next week? The biggest threat might be Ronny Jones.

Tony Oday
10-09-2020, 08:39 AM
Should be able to win this by 30.

bobblehead
10-09-2020, 10:23 AM
Can't sleep on a team like TB. But hey, we found ways to win 4 so far, and nothing tells me we shouldn't win, so why not.

Also a home game coming off a bye, so we should be rested and ready. TB has a mini bye coming off Th night game. Discussion has gotten stale because this team has shown very few things it can improve on. We could still do better vs. the run, but we handled Atl run game pretty easy. Doing everything right at the moment. Not much else to say.

run pMc
10-09-2020, 11:06 AM
I think Evans was gimpy, and Godwin IIRC is in IR with a hamstring from coming back early a la Julio. They have name players on O and D (Suh, JPP, Vita Vea, Devin White) but their OL had trouble in pass pro with CHI. I was interested to see them have some success running Jones up the middle though. They should've beat CHI IMO, but neither team looked like a world-beater.

If GB gets a lot of players back healthy (Clark, Adams, Gary, etc.) and the bye hasn't wrecked their momentum they should win. I do think Brady will be steamed after the loss. Talk of him being so old that he lost track of what down it was will have him fired up so I expect TB puts up a good fight.

RashanGary
10-09-2020, 12:00 PM
I love how people assume their offense is bad because mack, hicks and Quinn had a solid night. News, guys, mack, hicks and Quinn are better than the three we trot out

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2020, 01:13 PM
Of those big names on their D, Vea is probably the only one not beyond his prime, and they are thinking broken ankle/out for season on him, pending MRI.

Mack had a big night like a hunter going after a sitting duck or a lame deer (named Brady). Hopefully that will bring out the killer instinct in Z as well as P and RG - the real one.

I didn't know Evans was gimpy. He looked pretty good, but nothing our D can't handle.

RashanGary
10-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Pretty sure Gary will be out. He has an ankle. The Packers are in the far upper percentile of teams careful with injuries. Maybe the top.

With Clark back and Keke/Winn/Lancaster coming on, the Packers will just have to lean a little more on the DL and less the OLB group until Gary is 100.

RashanGary
10-09-2020, 01:33 PM
I thought Evans looked clearly hobbled. His cuts were as coordinated as a savvy WR could pull off without a healthy ankle, but you could see he couldn't do the high speed bendy cuts. He had to come to a stop, turn, then then run straight forward vs cutting on the fly.

RashanGary
10-09-2020, 01:34 PM
Godwin is a beast tho. Would be great to see a hobbled Evans and no Godwin. Our lucky 2020 run would continue

texaspackerbacker
10-09-2020, 02:18 PM
The only silver lining of not getting Snacks was we didn't lose big Billy Wynn - who I bet they stupidly woulda cut instead of Lancaster if they signed Snacks.

The Shadow
10-09-2020, 03:46 PM
it was surprising to me to see the sharp decline of Tom Brady on display. He seemed more Joe Biden than Hall-Of-Fame first ballot guy.

RashanGary
10-09-2020, 04:21 PM
it was surprising to me to see the sharp decline of Tom Brady on display. He seemed more Joe Biden than Hall-Of-Fame first ballot guy.

He really wore down by the end of last year. He was looking pretty good, when he was fresh early this year.... But he’ll probably wear down.

Brees has no legs or arm so at least brady can still throw

Vincenzo
10-09-2020, 04:50 PM
Gronk was effective but moving gingerly between plays. Brady looked more pedestrian. Is Godwin expected to play next week? The biggest threat might be Ronny Jones.
I agree on Ronny Jones being a threat to watch, he seems quick. If he reaches that 2nd level and in to our secondary, he might be something to worry about.

Upnorth
10-10-2020, 10:01 AM
I mostly concerned with tb trying to grind the clock. Brady can still complete the short stuff and I would argue Tampa has one of the better power run games thanks to great blocking. Teams want to take the ball out of our hands already and tampa is the best team we have faced yet at grinding. We need Clark back badly plus Lancaster to be as good as what one knowledgeable rat thinks he saw last game. If we don't win it will be due to 1000 paper cuts not big plays.

bobblehead
10-10-2020, 10:33 AM
I thought Evans looked clearly hobbled. His cuts were as coordinated as a savvy WR could pull off without a healthy ankle, but you could see he couldn't do the high speed bendy cuts. He had to come to a stop, turn, then then run straight forward vs cutting on the fly.

He is slightly off, but he has never been a monster route runner. He is simply bigger and faster and stronger than most. He is a monster when healthy. Probably the most under rated WR in football imo. I think Brady specifically went to TB because they had Evans and Godwin.

On a side note announcers in Th game touched on something. Brady has always been a take short, if covered look deep QB. As I have argued here for years, its the preferred method. Arians is a look deep then settle for short coach. The disconnect is actually obvious.

Rodgers went through the same thing last year going from fat mike to FLower. He has adjusted admirably in year 2. And he is learning that when you take the short stuff if its there, the deep stuff opens up. I can't stress enough how much better of a system and coach Flower is compared to M3. I mean...utilizing a run game and TEs and all...fat mike thinks Flower is foolish. Where is Pb, this is a discussion he needs to be involved in.

bobblehead
10-10-2020, 10:34 AM

Read my above post. Brady is adjusting to a different (inferior) offense.

texaspackerbacker
10-10-2020, 12:22 PM
I have to disagree with the idea that Tsmpa's offense is inferior to what Brady had with the Patriots. There wasn't anybody comparable to Evans or even Godwin when healthy in New England, and I'd say Ronald Jones is better than anybody running the ball for the Patriots too. And looking at the Buccaneers' depth chart, they have what should be pretty decent O Linemen too - in comparison to a team that started Marshall Newhouse at tackle last year.

RashanGary
10-10-2020, 03:58 PM
I'm gonna bet on the Packers defense being sturdy in week 6.

Clark back after bye
Keke coming on and getting a needed break to get fresh for the long season
Lancaster has been playing well
Lowry and Winn are steady but unspectacular veteran DL
Adams is a servicable 6th for sure

Pettine is hinting that Barnes ST days are over and he's the new fixture in the middle. He's shown flashes of being the best ILB we've had since Nick Barnett

Greene is healthy and should have that nickel and dime backer spot locked down

Sullivan had a concussion but should be back after a two week break. He's coming on in that nickel spot

I'm going to assume Gary misses two games. That leaves Preston and Z with Ramsey and Garvin giving occasional rest. The DL rotation being deeper means seeing less 3 OLB looks than we're used to.

Savage, Amos and Alexander are becoming rock solid together. King will likely miss 2 or 3 games. Jackson is a weak spot, but the solid safety play and continuity with the secondary should minimize his negative affect. Hopefully Godwin is still out.

I see a bunch of guys that have mostly played together for the last season and a half starting to come together. I expect them to show continued improvement.

RashanGary
10-10-2020, 04:04 PM
Rodgers
A solid vet OL
Adams
Jones
Tonyan
Williams
MVS (relieved of the #1 spot and back in his deep threat role)
Swerv

Jace/Dillon/Mercedes/Shep/Taylor as very part time guys

I'm pretty sure 12 and MLF can light up the score board, with Jones and Adams being the driving forces.

RashanGary
10-10-2020, 04:16 PM
I see a lot of teams playing rookies and practice squad guys in important roles. The Packers, despite the couple long term injuries to Deguara and Lane Taylor are mostly healthy.

I really hope that holds up, and all three units continue to grow together so they can ascend and peak at the right time.

Tampa just lost their best defender, the anchor of their defense. That forces everyone else into roles they're not made for. I expect our offense to run rampant over their defense. And Clark, Z and P to get plenty of shots at Brady. Good team, I just don't think they can hang with a more cohesive and healthy Packer squad.

RashanGary
10-12-2020, 12:55 PM
Adams
Clark
EQ
Kamal Martin
Sullivan
Gary
Mercedes

All back

King is held out of practice. Swerv too.

RashanGary
10-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Looks like we should be close to 100%

Adams
Jones
Big Bob
MVS
EQ
Jamaal

Mercedes
Jace
Shep

Lots of guys who’ve been with 12 and Lafleur for the last two years. I’d think they could make some hay with this crew

RashanGary
10-12-2020, 01:11 PM
All that’s left is Lazard (couple weeks) and kirksey (probably a couple few)

We’re still on pace to be incredibly healthy down the stretch. Let’s hope the bye week gets everyone refreshed and passed the early season fatigue injuries that have been going around.

bobblehead
10-13-2020, 09:31 AM
I have to disagree with the idea that Tsmpa's offense is inferior to what Brady had with the Patriots. There wasn't anybody comparable to Evans or even Godwin when healthy in New England, and I'd say Ronald Jones is better than anybody running the ball for the Patriots too. And looking at the Buccaneers' depth chart, they have what should be pretty decent O Linemen too - in comparison to a team that started Marshall Newhouse at tackle last year.

Tex, I think I was pretty clear that I am talking about the system, not the players.

texaspackerbacker
10-13-2020, 11:18 AM
hahahaha It wasn't clear to me. So you're saying that the offensive scheme of Tampa is somehow worse than the New England offensive scheme? Maybe you should give some details of why you think that.

Upnorth
10-14-2020, 10:35 AM
hahahaha It wasn't clear to me. So you're saying that the offensive scheme of Tampa is somehow worse than the New England offensive scheme? Maybe you should give some details of why you think that.

Brady has given up 2 pick 6s already and 4 ints which is very similar to jamais last year. Brady is one of the all time greats at protecting the ball but not this year. Sure he is older but that is pne heck of a coincidence

Upnorth
10-14-2020, 04:28 PM
Injury report

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/packers-buccaneers-week-6-2020/2020/10/14/21516655/wednesday-injury-report-shows-packers-are-getting-healthy-for-buccaneers-after-bye

RashanGary
10-14-2020, 11:29 PM
Pretty sure king is going to be out for this one and 50/50 chance the one after that. Minor soft tissue injuries like quad, hammy, groin..... guys always want to play too early and end up out for much longer. Lafleur holds them back. And I do think it’s the right move. You start seeing ankles and knees go when a guy is compensating the way fat mike always had them out there fighting through shit.

There are some knees and ankles that are unavoidable, but I think if you lean on the safe side with the muscle pulls, you get less of the major stuff as a byproduct.

run pMc
10-15-2020, 12:31 PM
Pretty sure king is going to be out for this one and 50/50 chance the one after that. Minor soft tissue injuries like quad, hammy, groin..... guys always want to play too early and end up out for much longer. Lafleur holds them back. And I do think it’s the right move. You start seeing ankles and knees go when a guy is compensating the way fat mike always had them out there fighting through shit.

There are some knees and ankles that are unavoidable, but I think if you lean on the safe side with the muscle pulls, you get less of the major stuff as a byproduct.

....aaand that's why re-upping King is an iffy proposition. I'd rather play King than Jackson though.

I wonder if King changes the way scouting looks at tall lean CB's. Yeah, he's got length to be disruptive, but I'd expect that body type to break down easily.

Joemailman
10-15-2020, 03:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EkZdvnvXgAIvmel?format=jpg&name=900x900

Joemailman
10-16-2020, 08:18 PM
Tyler Ervin out. King expected to be game time decision.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ekee1U0WAAcxrmQ?format=jpg&name=medium

RashanGary
10-16-2020, 10:15 PM
I like our defenses chance to dominate on Sunday.

Clark
Keke
Z
P
Gary

Lancaster
Montravious
Lowry
Winn

I feel like there's a ton of depth up front right now, with everyone healthy. Clark is back. Keke has had best case development this year. Lancaster, Montravious and Lowry are all servicable depth. Gary is quality edge depth. Pettine has the horses up front to rotate and keep guys fresh for four quarters.

I don't love the prospect of Jackson or Hollman at corner, but I think with the overall quality of the secondary, and what should be an elite pass rush, I just don't think brady is going to have the time to fully exploit it. We've been lucky. Like all teams, we've had injuries but ours have been at just the right spots where they havent really hurt us. That looks to hold true for another week as our front 5 is completely healthy and ready to minimize Kings absence.

RashanGary
10-16-2020, 10:23 PM
Clark - BEAST!
Z - BEAST
P - Quality #3 big
Gary - Quality #4 big (best case development)
Keke - Quality # 5 big (great surprise. Best case development)

Lowry, Lancaster, Montravious, Winn (quality veteran depth)

I know we love to hate on the Packers, but there are a lot of teams without one guy up front as good as Clark or Z. And then as we go down the rotation, our 3, 4, 5 and depth are all NFL worthy players at positions where there is extreme lack of talent across the league.

We gon tear it up! Bet!

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2020, 10:25 PM
Call it a prediction: Jackson, to the surprise of his detractors, will have at least a decent game.

RashanGary
10-16-2020, 10:39 PM
Call it a prediction: Jackson, to the surprise of his detractors, will have at least a decent game.

Know what, I'll love it if he does. I.dont really like him much as a player, but you've been spot on with a bunch of guys, like Tonyan, Aaron Jones from day 1, Lizard as a hybrid type, AR the goat last year when a bunch of us questioned him.....

So I'm not gonna bet against ya, tex.

RashanGary
10-17-2020, 06:21 AM
Brady has given up 2 pick 6s already and 4 ints which is very similar to jamais last year. Brady is one of the all time greats at protecting the ball but not this year. Sure he is older but that is pne heck of a coincidence

First year in the system. Takes a little time to get it right

Upnorth
10-17-2020, 09:03 AM
I think tonyon goes off again and if mvs can hold onto the ball he will have another big game. With our oline and no vea on there d rodgers will have time

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2020, 09:56 AM
Do we know for sure that St. Brown and KMart will be active and playing? Do we know for sure that Davante and Clark will be back playing? All would seem to be a good bet, but has LaFleur or whoever actually said anything?

Either way, I expect a big win - easier and bigger if we are at full strength.

Joemailman
10-17-2020, 10:12 AM
Do we know for sure that St. Brown and KMart will be active and playing? Do we know for sure that Davante and Clark will be back playing? All would seem to be a good bet, but has LaFleur or whoever actually said anything?

Either way, I expect a big win - easier and bigger if we are at full strength.

There's every reason to think Adams and Clark will play. I kind of doubt the other 2. They might need another week of practice before they're ready.

Joemailman
10-17-2020, 03:30 PM
ESB has been added to the 53. Not Kamal Martin.

RashanGary
10-17-2020, 03:51 PM
ESB has been added to the 53. Not Kamal Martin.

I would guess he’ll see maybe 10 snaps in his first game. Then taper him up for two weeks or so till no restrictions.
Clark I’m thinking 50% of the snaps
Adams probably about 75%. Maybe ESB would give him the break on the other 25%

Guiness
10-18-2020, 05:49 PM
That was so bad

RashanGary
10-18-2020, 08:38 PM
That was so bad

:lol:

Jordan Love era starts tomorrow :lol:

And yes. That sucked!