PDA

View Full Version : For those who wanted Jerry Porter (including me)

digitaldean
09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
From ESPN.com:
When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 drugging the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.

Porter's role on the team has greatly diminished after he clashed with new coach Art Shell in the offseason over his offseason workout plans. Porter demanded a trade at the start of training camp, but the Raiders have declined to grant his wish.
________
So, some of us wanted to trade for this guy (including me) :crazy: ?

What were we thinking????

If I was the coach I'd have Sapp sit on the stupid doofus to teach Porter a lesson.

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Jerry Porter is an asshat. I am very glad we stayed away from him. What kind of a douchebag would do this for all to see? Thinking it is one thing, but publically acting on it is a whole new level of stupidity.

ahaha
09-12-2006, 01:15 PM
And we think we got problems. The Raiders look to have the inside track on the number one overall pick.

green_bowl_packer
09-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Not only that, I think it was reported within the last week (profootballtalk.com?) that he also parked in Al Davis' reserved parking spot at the Raiders complex, that's what probably got him deactivated and what happened last night will get him cut loose.

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
And we think we got problems. The Raiders look to have the inside track on the number one overall pick.

They'll be alright. Art Shell is a good coach. Give them a few years. Moss and Quinn could be a ridiculous combination.

retailguy
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Not only that, I think it was reported within the last week (profootballtalk.com?) that he also parked in Al Davis' reserved parking spot at the Raiders complex, that's what probably got him deactivated and what happened last night will get him cut loose.

which is his ultimate goal.

green_bowl_packer
09-12-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm surprised he didn't streak across the field in body suit ala George Constanza!

Willard
09-12-2006, 01:23 PM
At least JWalk waited until he was off our team before reveling in our misfortune. Living in the Bay Area I have seen this assclown's act for long enough to know he would be a cancer to the team. His reaction to Jerry Rice's attempt to mentor him was reason enough to be wary. What a dufus. I hope Art Shell lets him ride the pine all season, but beats the hell out of him during practices.

ahaha
09-12-2006, 01:25 PM

They'll be alright. Art Shell is a good coach. Give them a few years. Moss and Quinn could be a ridiculous combination.

So could the trio of Rodgers, Jennings, and Adrian Peterson. :wink:

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:29 PM

I agree, but if Ahman has a big year I would be more in favor of going for Calvin Johnson if he was available. Then again, I haven't seen enough of Peterson. Is he a rare talent with the agilty of Reggie Bush? I really do not want a big fella back there with no agility and vision. This scheme would be even greater with a scat back.

woodbuck27
09-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Can we say. . DOG HOUSE?

BIG TIME NOW.

That man has become the new NFL definition of being his own worst enemy.

Another waste of human flesh and the gift of talent.

I followed " the Jerry Porter Story " in this off Season,very closely out of. . . " the Raiders Fan Forum " for about 4-6 weeks.

I was thinking with the trade of WR Gabriel to "the Pat's" that just maybe Jerry Porter would see a reprieve and calm down to work himself back to good grace. . .NOT !

Davis and Shell are making an example of him as now who would want him/

An EGO can be a destructive force if not healthy. :mrgreen:

Zool
09-12-2006, 01:46 PM

I agree, but if Ahman has a big year I would be more in favor of going for Calvin Johnson if he was available. Then again, I haven't seen enough of Peterson. Is he a rare talent with the agilty of Reggie Bush? I really do not want a big fella back there with no agility and vision. This scheme would be even greater with a scat back. He has moves but he has a ton of power and can catch. Not super quick, but high top end speed. Once he turns the corner its over.

Partial
09-12-2006, 01:48 PM

I agree, but if Ahman has a big year I would be more in favor of going for Calvin Johnson if he was available. Then again, I haven't seen enough of Peterson. Is he a rare talent with the agilty of Reggie Bush? I really do not want a big fella back there with no agility and vision. This scheme would be even greater with a scat back. He has moves but he has a ton of power and can catch. Not super quick, but high top end speed. Once he turns the corner its over.

Who is a comparable NFL RB?

Zool
09-12-2006, 01:52 PM

Who is a comparable NFL RB?I hate to say LT, but thats as close as I can get.

red
09-12-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm surprised he didn't streak across the field in body suit ala George Constanza!

i was going to say the same thing. lol

the next step is doing dohnuts in the team parking lot while draging the lombardi throphy and blasting the horn

mission
09-12-2006, 03:12 PM

Who is a comparable NFL RB?

bro! watch this video on youtube... the first run is seriously INSANE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rJ1xDBT1jM&mode=related&search=

2005 highlight film:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh4albC37Rg&mode=related&search=

Zool
09-12-2006, 03:21 PM
That young man is a running back. I wonder what his average per carry is against Ok State. There's like 5 of 60+ yards in that video and he's only played them 2 times.

mission
09-12-2006, 03:30 PM
That young man is a running back. I wonder what his average per carry is against Ok State. There's like 5 of 60+ yards in that video and he's only played them 2 times.

i hate to say it but after watching the video again, he reminds me a lot of walter payton. just does NOT want to get tackled... at all... and seems to have every move in the book to keep him from doing that.

SkinBasket
09-12-2006, 04:24 PM
AP is a nice back, but that video doesn't add up to squat when you consider the level of competition in most the highlights. The highlight against Texas exemplifies this. He breaks the corner and heads upfield but still gets caught by the DB who didn't a very good angle.

This guy has just a good a chance of being another A-Train or Ron Dayne as he does a solid starter in the NFL. Then again, thats about the best odds you can ask for when drafting Rbs these days

FritzDontBlitz
09-12-2006, 04:27 PM
From ESPN.com:
When Raiders wide receiver Randy Moss said of his team, "things are crazy around here," he wasn't kidding.

The San Francisco Chronicle reported on its Web site that disgruntled receiver Jerry Porter who was inactive for the 27-0 drugging the Raiders absorbed from the San Diego Chargers on Monday night, was seen laughing and pumping his fist on the sidelines when Raiders teammate Aaron Brooks was sacked for the seventh time.

Porter's role on the team has greatly diminished after he clashed with new coach Art Shell in the offseason over his offseason workout plans. Porter demanded a trade at the start of training camp, but the Raiders have declined to grant his wish.
________
So, some of us wanted to trade for this guy (including me) :crazy: ?

What were we thinking????

If I was the coach I'd have Sapp sit on the stupid doofus to teach Porter a lesson.

walker is probably reading that and saying "why didn't i think of that?"

BallHawk
09-12-2006, 04:33 PM
Maybe he should take a page from Najeh and take a dump in Aaron Brooks' helmet. That would get him out of Oakland, no?

Actually it would probably get him out of the NFL, too.

BENZITO
09-12-2006, 04:34 PM

Seinfeld...what a GREAT SHOW, constanza is the man

vince
09-12-2006, 09:21 PM

i hate to say it but after watching the video again, he reminds me a lot of walter payton. just does NOT want to get tackled... at all... and seems to have every move in the book to keep him from doing that.
His upright running reminds me of Eric Dickerson. More elusive though and probably not as fast...

Guiness
09-12-2006, 10:28 PM
AP looks like he has very upright running. Very good balance, and uses that spin effectively to keep his feet under him.

obOnTopicComent: Wow - Porter really did that? There has to be more to that. If he did it with any seriousness at all, someone would've gooned him, and been congradulated for it.

I slapped a guy on my rec soccer team for laughing about a teamate getting taken down hard. And those guys take it a lot more seriously than I do!

green_bowl_packer
09-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Now that this news has surfaced about Porter celebrating the sack of his own quarterback and calling the head of the players union Troy Vincent and asking him if he had to show up at all for the game if he was deactivated (heard this from Adam Schefter on NFL Network), he did have to attend and look what happened.

There were the rumors earlier this summer that the Packers were interested in acquiring him, or at least there was interest by Packer fans in getting him as another target for Favre to compliment Driver. In light of his recent turdish behavior, would anyone still want him over Koren Robinson ?

the_idle_threat
09-12-2006, 11:20 PM
How about neither? :?

Tyrone Bigguns
09-13-2006, 01:52 AM

Good coach, please give me some of what you are smoking.

I remember his first go round. Deer in the headlights. The worst clock management i ever saw.

woodbuck27
09-13-2006, 02:03 AM
Unhappy Porter finds himself in limbo

By Adam Schefter
NFL Analyst

(Sept. 12, 2006) -- Oakland's Randy Moss was supposed to be the Raiders' headache, but instead, wide receiver Jerry Porter has turned into the migraine

The Raiders deactivated Porter before the Monday night game against San Diego, but the wide receiver would have preferred to have been a no show.

League sources said Porter actually called Buffalo safety Troy Vincent, the president of the NFL Players Association, and asked if he were required to show up for the game.

Vincent informed Porter, yes, he had to be there. To his dismay, Porter was.

How much longer Porter remains in Oakland is another story. The Raiders would like to deal Porter, but the problem is teams are not interested in him.

Even the receiver-needy Patriots were not interested in dealing for Porter earlier this summer; they made that clear from the outset.

Instead, they wanted wide receiver Doug Gabriel, and landed him for a fifth-round pick.

Jerry Porter might not be seen in an NFL uniform for several weeks.
During the offseason, the Denver Broncos made an inquiry about Porter, but quickly shied away when they learned the price for Porter would be two first-round picks.

Now the Raiders will be lucky to get much of anything in return for Porter, who led the Raiders last season with 76 receptions. Teams know that Raiders coach Art Shell kicked Porter out of his office during an offseason meeting between the two. They know that Porter has been openly insubordinate to the Raiders. And as long as the Raiders continue deactivating him -- and indications are they will -- Porter's behavior is not going to improve.

Asked about Porter's deactivation, Shell told reporters: "We had five receivers, and I decided we would go with the other four. That's it."

Only that's not it. Shell has hammered home the point that no player will defy his orders. But Porter is acting as if he is going to continue testing them.

MJZiggy
09-13-2006, 10:09 AM
As if Shell doesn't have enough problems with Porter. Now who's he gonna bench?

Raiders | A Shell/Moss showdown imminent?
Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:54:12 -0700

Gary Peterson, of the Contra Costa Times, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss and head coach Art Shell appear headed for a collision course, after Moss once again expressed his dissatisfaction with the organization, in particular with Shell, during an ESPN interview. "I think coach Art Shell just has a tight grasp on us, man. Knowing that you're a man, you're a certain age and this man is treating you like kids or a boy or whatnot. I'm not crying, I'm just going on what is brought to my attention. It might be small things like food, or full pads," Moss said during the interview. Shell continues to say he has no problems with the public comments Moss has made recently.

Really what choice does he have but to say this?

Zool
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM

Good coach, please give me some of what you are smoking.

I remember his first go round. Deer in the headlights. The worst clock management i ever saw.They had him on camera at least 3 times on Monday with that same blank stare up to the jumbotron. The man is a good O-line coach, but just look at Porter to see what you need to see.