PDA

View Full Version : Julio Jones

Tony Oday
10-15-2020, 08:49 PM
The Falcons are done, the Packers could win this year, trade a 1st or a 2nd for JJ if he agrees to restructure?

Joemailman
10-15-2020, 09:28 PM
How did Brandon manage to hack into Tony's account?

Joemailman
10-15-2020, 09:33 PM
Packers can win this year. They can win with their current group of receivers if healthy. Defense is where they might need some help.

Upnorth
10-16-2020, 06:42 AM
Jones definitely helps this year but losing the one likely hurts for a decade. Esb looked very good. Lazard might be a 1b when he gets back. Tonyon is way more than I could ever have wanted and our rbs both are great in the passing game. Our oline is great great great at pass blocking and arod has bought in amd is maximizing the system. Our offense might be borderline historic.

Our d is is not. We needed to get snacks. We need a third cb after Alexander and Sullivan to cover the #2 wr. We might have an above average ilb finally but no run stopper. This is where any trade should be entertained. Dt, #2 CB, ilb in my opinion.

Bretsky
10-16-2020, 06:51 AM
I miss Brandon

He was completely right on one concept.

ALL of these WR's we tabbed are lights out talented. It was a once in a decade year for WR talent in this draft. And I still think Gutebag shit on himself in the draft by not getting one.

CeeDee Lamb
Jerry J
Henry
Aiyuk
Claypool
Shenault
Aiyak
Raeger

They all look like studs. We can win a SB this year due to the other strengths we have. But I still think Gutebag shit on himself here.

It's a dam good thing we have an elite QB playing like he's the GOAT. He's making a lot of ok's look really good. Just imagine if we had one more stud

OR

AKA......the famous Tank...........METCALF looks absolutely amazing and an elite WR

Upnorth
10-16-2020, 08:04 AM
Metcalf is going to be all pro soon. Or at least he is tracking that way.
As to the stud wrs I do wish we had gotten one. I think cute may have bought in to the declining narrative. Reality is though we can't expect rodgers to do this at 40. Especially when mobility is a big part of his game.

bobblehead
10-16-2020, 10:59 AM
I miss Brandon

ALL of these WR's we tabbed are lights out talented. It was a once in a decade year for WR talent in this draft. And I still think Gutebag shit on himself in the draft by not getting one.

CeeDee Lamb
Jerry J
Henry
Aiyuk
Claypool
Shenault
Aiyak
Raeger

They all look like studs. We can win a SB this year due to the other strengths we have. But I still think Gutebag shit on himself here.

It's a dam good thing we have an elite QB playing like he's the GOAT. He's making a lot of ok's look really good. Just imagine if we had one more stud

OR

AKA......the famous Tank...........METCALF looks absolutely amazing and an elite WR

I'm right there with you. We all agreed with the idea that it was super deep WR draft and getting one in the first 2 rounds would be smart. Not a person on this board said "man, what a sweet move grabbing Love right there".

Clown shoes on the other hand couldn't let it go. And when some of us pushed back and said "its done, lets look at the situation, no one disagrees with the premise" He just couldn't quit. He was unhinged. Us wanting to move on was tantamount to endorsing the move all of a sudden. The man truly became clown shoes.

edit: And as for Metcalf, Tank was finally right on one, but almost every poster on this board saw him similar to Gary. All athlete, no football. We would have been pissed if Gutes had taken him.

call_me_ishmael
10-16-2020, 11:08 AM
If you really think they're gonna win the super bowl, I'd for sure do it. Those chances don't come around often and you can worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

I saw Adam Schefter was speculating the salary cap is going to go down 70-80M next year. Yikes. Hopefully they negotiate a plan to spread that out over 5 years or so. I have a hunch a lot of the studs aren't going to get the money they think aka Bak isn't gonna be the highest paid tackle 'cause covid.

Upnorth
10-16-2020, 11:23 AM
If you really think they're gonna win the super bowl, I'd for sure do it. Those chances don't come around often and you can worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

I saw Adam Schefter was speculating the salary cap is going to go down 70-80M next year. Yikes. Hopefully they negotiate a plan to spread that out over 5 years or so. I have a hunch a lot of the studs aren't going to get the money they think aka Bak isn't gonna be the highest paid tackle 'cause covid.

I wonder how many low load first year with higher backend contracts we will see. And I mean extremely back loaded

Joemailman
10-16-2020, 11:34 AM
I don't really understand the obsession with thinking the Packers need another elite WR. Rodgers has a passer rating of 123 when targeting his WR's. Whether that's all because of Rodgers, or because the Packers WR's are better than advertised doesn't really matter. As for Julio Jones, he's a future HOF WR having a mediocre year. So far he's had 1 great game, 2 mediocre games and missed 2 games because of hamstring problems. He's reaggravated the hamstring twice. He's probably not playing this week. It would be crazy to trade a 1st round pick for a guy who may be hampered all year by hamstrings. Especially when there's no real evidence that WR is where the Packers need improvement.

Tony Oday
10-16-2020, 12:27 PM
I don't really understand the obsession with thinking the Packers need another elite WR. Rodgers has a passer rating of 123 when targeting his WR's. Whether that's all because of Rodgers, or because the Packers WR's are better than advertised doesn't really matter. As for Julio Jones, he's a future HOF WR having a mediocre year. So far he's had 1 great game, 2 mediocre games and missed 2 games because of hamstring problems. He's reaggravated the hamstring twice. He's probably not playing this week. It would be crazy to trade a 1st round pick for a guy who may be hampered all year by hamstrings. Especially when there's no real evidence that WR is where the Packers need improvement.

Why we only use the 1st rounder to wiff usually ;)

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2020, 12:35 PM
No disputing that most or all of those WRs are really good, and add my guy, Duvernay to the list, but there's a strong chance that Lazard and probably MVS and maybe St. Brown will approach that level too. A lot of it has to do with the fact that it's a passing league now and the fact that rules have kinda swung toward the offense.

Regarding the salary cap, I don't believe it at all what the media puke says that it will go down drastically. I doubt it will even go down at all - at worst, stay the same or go up a little less than most years. It would just throw things into too much chaos - punish the better teams, and cause the NFLPA to really raise hell.

Joemailman
10-16-2020, 12:55 PM
No disputing that most or all of those WRs are really good, and add my guy, Duvernay to the list, but there's a strong chance that Lazard and probably MVS and maybe St. Brown will approach that level too. A lot of it has to do with the fact that it's a passing league now and the fact that rules have kinda swung toward the offense.

Regarding the salary cap, I don't believe it at all what the media puke says that it will go down drastically. I doubt it will even go down at all - at worst, stay the same or go up a little less than most years. It would just throw things into too much chaos - punish the better teams, and cause the NFLPA to really raise hell.

The salary cap will go down. It's based on revenue. Teams are selling few if any tickets.

Zool
10-16-2020, 01:08 PM
I miss Brandon

CeeDee Lamb
Jerry J
Henry
Aiyuk
Claypool
Shenault
Aiyak
Raeger

OR

I think the issue is, there's literally nothing we can do about it now or when it happened. So why keep re-hashing the same old conversation? There's nothing we can do except vote with our wallets. Repeating the same argument in every thread for 5 months is just stupid.

Sparkey
10-16-2020, 02:05 PM
If we are going to give up a 1 in a trade, a Myles Jack from Jacksonville would be the better move.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2020, 03:48 PM
The salary cap will go down. It's based on revenue. Teams are selling few if any tickets.

I still very much doubt it. Mark this thread - at some point, we'll know who was right and who was wrong.

HarveyWallbangers
10-16-2020, 05:41 PM
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry J
Henry
Aiyuk
Claypool
Shenault
Aiyak
Raeger

5 of the 7 guys were drafted before us. Shemault has about the same receiving yards in 5 games that Lazard had in 3 games. Claypool was likely a miss, but you could say that in every draft. Teams will miss on some guys. I don't get the point of this post. Name the WRs that were available when we picked (outside of Claypool) who would have made a difference.

Bretsky
10-17-2020, 10:44 AM
I think the issue is, there's literally nothing we can do about it now or when it happened. So why keep re-hashing the same old conversation? There's nothing we can do except vote with our wallets. Repeating the same argument in every thread for 5 months is just stupid.

Boards are made to question shit. And if that doesn't exist it's pretty fricking boring just living in the present. I would say it's frickin stupid not to question things and the attempt to discourage people to post things they think, old or new, will just lead to less usage and members in here.

Bretsky
10-17-2020, 10:48 AM
5 of the 7 guys were drafted before us. Shemault has about the same receiving yards in 5 games that Lazard had in 3 games. Claypool was likely a miss, but you could say that in every draft. Teams will miss on some guys. I don't get the point of this post. Name the WRs that were available when we picked (outside of Claypool) who would have made a difference.

Every GM has the ability to trade up or down, as we did for Mr Love. We do it all the time so I don't get the view that we should only look at the two drafted behind us (and if that's what's wanted I can go look at more WR's that we could have consdierded) I noted long ago if Lamb fell that would be what I would want. Yes, it probably would have taken this years 1st this years 2nd, this years's 3rd, and probably a 2nd next year. that would still look good IMO

RashanGary
10-17-2020, 12:45 PM
I wish winning were as simple as drafting first round WRs. We’ll see if any of the first round WRs get rings this year.

Joemailman
10-17-2020, 12:52 PM
Every GM has the ability to trade up or down, as we did for Mr Love. We do it all the time so I don't get the view that we should only look at the two drafted behind us (and if that's what's wanted I can go look at more WR's that we could have consdierded) I noted long ago if Lamb fell that would be what I would want. Yes, it probably would have taken this years 1st this years 2nd, this years's 3rd, and probably a 2nd next year. that would still look good IMO

For a wide receiver? You have lost your mind.

sharpe1027
10-17-2020, 01:26 PM
We don't know if they reached out to another team about trading up and either the cost was too steep or their player get picked before the spot they planned to move up. Alternatively, they might have figured one of the good WRs would fall to them because there were so many.

Hindsight second guessing is all well and good, but it's not reality. The draft is complex and unpredictable.

RashanGary
10-17-2020, 03:12 PM
EQ activated
Lazard back soon

The WR complaint is a luxury complaint from fans of a team about to win a title

RashanGary
10-17-2020, 03:16 PM
It’s like the chiefs complaining about breshawn breeland last year. Sure, they should have drafted a corner by fans standards but they won a championship so that’s life in the NFL. You can’t be a spoiled brat, expecting everything to be perfect. Grow up.

RashanGary
10-17-2020, 03:18 PM
Most of the teams in the league would trade their offense for the one Gute is fielding

Zool
10-17-2020, 04:20 PM
Boards are made to question shit. And if that doesn't exist it's pretty fricking boring just living in the present. I would say it's frickin stupid not to question things and the attempt to discourage people to post things they think, old or new, will just lead to less usage and members in here.

You really don’t see the difference between conversation and bringing up the same subject in 9 out of 10 threads? He literally lead to less people here.

sharpe1027
10-18-2020, 09:04 AM

At what point does it cease to be okay with you? Twenty posts a day on the same subject? One hundred? Five hundred? Your tolerance may be higher than mine, but I think there's a point for all of us where it's just too much.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 10:17 PM
This is the move that probably makes the most sense to Gute and happens. I’m on board with it. Let’s go win a Title. The Salty boys will fall in line.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 10:20 PM
We can change the entire direction of the war!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYTBNtaRoRI&feature=share

MadtownPacker
10-21-2020, 10:33 PM
This is the move that probably makes the most sense to Gute and happens. I’m on board with it. Let’s go win a Title. The Salty boys will fall in line.Are you bothering people Brandon? Do I gotta fuck you up?

OK what exactly is this dude doing besides being annoying to you guys? He appears to be a fan and he isn't attacking anyone so just checking.

Freak Out
10-21-2020, 10:43 PM
I mean you can block people. I do it. lol

George Cumby
10-21-2020, 10:49 PM
I just scroll past, it's just white noise to me anymore.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 11:19 PM
Are you bothering people Brandon? Do I gotta fuck you up?

OK what exactly is this dude doing besides being annoying to you guys? He appears to be a fan and he isn't attacking anyone so just checking.

Just posting my opinion on a post that someone created made on bringing in Julio Jones. Some people don’t like the idea. I think it would be an amazing move!! Probably help the Packers win a World Championship.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 11:31 PM
If anyone has been ganged up on and attacked it’s been me.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 11:52 PM
I’m probably going to be checking out soon anyways if Gute doesn’t do something to fortify this offense for a legitimate run to compete with the BIG BOYS. The due date for me is November 3rd. I will either be all in and ready to go for a run or I won’t be heavily participating in the rest of the fairy tale if nothing materialize’s. I probably won’t be back much until a new front office is in place and maybe not even then. I’ve drawn my line in the sand so to speak with this front office. If they can’t make a firm commitment to winning now and going for it then I can’t put into it what I have been. Im going to become a casual fan and a casual poster and casually watch the Packers self destruct and hope for the best. I can’t put the effort as a fan into something that the organizations front office does not match.

smuggler
10-22-2020, 12:00 AM
Protection seemed to be a bigger issue against the Bucs than receiver quality, but it was still an issue. Hopefully it gets sorted with the return of Lazard and EqSB rounding into form.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2020, 02:51 AM
Just posting my opinion on a post that someone created made on bringing in Julio Jones. Some people don’t like the idea. I think it would be an amazing move!! Probably help the Packers win a World Championship.Why are all these mofos tripping? Do I have to read all your post to confirm they are full of shit? Don’t be harping on the same stuff in every thread. Besides if you stop they will all probably wish you would still say it.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2020, 02:57 AM
If anyone has been ganged up on and attacked it’s been me.We have a special advocate who will work with you. Please private message Harlan Huckleby.

RashanGary
10-22-2020, 09:10 AM
I mean you can block people. I do it. lol

You never pay attention to me. I must be blocked

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 09:26 AM
Why are all these mofos tripping? Do I have to read all your post to confirm they are full of shit? Don’t be harping on the same stuff in every thread. Besides if you stop they will all probably wish you would still say it.

I can do that.

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 09:33 AM
Protection seemed to be a bigger issue against the Bucs than receiver quality, but it was still an issue. Hopefully it gets sorted with the return of Lazard and EqSB rounding into form.

I’m not sure what EQ rounding into form is. The guy has 21 career receptions and has never even scored a TD in the NFL. As far as Lazard they’re is no guarantee he will make it back this season. There is a chance but that is a very difficult injury for a WR to overcome and come back quickly from. Even if he does make it back will he be able to pick up where he left off. Lots of question marks.

Tony Oday
10-22-2020, 11:39 AM
JJ would give AR another elite Target that he can sling it to when the pressure is on.

run pMc
10-22-2020, 12:21 PM
A healthy JJ > healthy Adams.
He instantly upgrades any WR room in the league by a LOT.

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 04:22 PM
Do It Now!!!!!

Bretsky
10-22-2020, 04:43 PM
Dan Patrick was pimping this idea this morning; he was saying if I'm the Green Bay Packers I'm doing what it takes to trade for Julio Jones. But then others went off (the Danettes) and noted GB is committed to the run and they have no interest in surrounding Rodgers with talented WR's and they've made no effort to do so in years

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 04:48 PM
Dan Patrick was pimping this idea this morning; he was saying if I'm the Green Bay Packers I'm doing what it takes to trade for Julio Jones. But then others went off (the Danettes) and noted GB is committed to the run and they have no interest in surrounding Rodgers with talented WR's and they've made no effort to do so in years

It might be the biggest travesty in the history of the NFL!!!

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 05:52 PM
This move not only places us at the “VIP Table” but probably changes the course of history for Brian Gutekunst and the Green Bay Packers!!!!!!!

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 05:59 PM
Theoretically we could get both Julio and AB in here. That would be the “Golden Ticket”

bobblehead
10-22-2020, 06:48 PM
Theoretically we could get both Julio and AB in here. That would be the “Golden Ticket”

I've met Julio. Seems to be a class act. Never met AB. Dont want him on a team I cheer for.

Guiness
10-22-2020, 07:55 PM
Why are all these mofos tripping? Do I have to read all your post to confirm they are full of shit? Don’t be harping on the same stuff in every thread. Besides if you stop they will all probably wish you would still say it.

No we won't

Zool
10-22-2020, 08:44 PM

Perfect example, in the thread about the Bikings trade he brings up the Packers rebuild that’s coming soon. It’s constant. I’ve blocked him now. It’s better, but he needs to change or go. He hasn’t changed since April so.....

sharpe1027
10-22-2020, 08:54 PM
Perfect example, in the thread about the Bikings trade he brings up the Packers rebuild that’s coming soon. It’s constant. I’ve blocked him now. It’s better, but he needs to change or go. He hasn’t changed since April so.....

Leopard. Spots.

MadtownPacker
10-22-2020, 11:01 PM
Now you fuckers at harping on about the same shit... :lol:

He said he would try to be better. Seems you now need to unblock him to find out if it’s true.

Spaulding
10-23-2020, 09:05 AM

He said he would try to be better. Seems you now need to unblock him to find out if it’s true.

He's tolerable now. Some posts have thought and reason to them, others still do not and harp the same WR holy grail and Gute is destroying this team spiel but it is marginally better.

sharpe1027
10-23-2020, 10:16 AM

Not interested. Yes I'm an asshole.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 05:38 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30175919/source-antonio-brown-meet-tampa-bay-buccaneers-saturday

AB to Tampa it looks like. If they didn’t have enough already.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 06:37 PM
It’s pretty clear which teams are arming up to sit at the “VIP TABLE.”

Does Gute want to sit at the “VIP TABLE?” Or are we just running another Test Launch?

I thought this is why we made to move to Gute? TO USE ALL MEANS NECESSARY TO GET US OVER THE HUMP!

Not just sitting on our hands and developing lesser talent when we have a window to shoot through!!!

Zool
10-23-2020, 07:46 PM

Nah. 6 straight months is my limit.

Joemailman
10-24-2020, 11:24 AM
By the way, Falcons can't trade Julio. It would put them about 15 million over the cap because of his signing bonuses.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 11:33 AM
By the way, Falcons can't trade Julio. It would put them about 15 million over the cap because of his signing bonuses.

We shall see!!! Finally!!!!

https://lombardiave.com/2020/10/23/packers-calling-wr-trade-deadline/

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 11:39 AM
If Brian Gutekunst finds a way to manage a Julio Jones trade I will forgive him for all his mistakes!!

#LockAndLoad

Upnorth
10-24-2020, 11:42 AM
I don't even want to think what it would cost us in picks

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 11:43 AM
I don't even want to think what it would cost us in picks

Probably a 1st in 2021 and a 3rd or 4th the following year.

texaspackerbacker
10-24-2020, 12:12 PM
No way in hell that would be a good idea.

Bretsky
10-24-2020, 12:21 PM
After we beat the Texans, they may go into rebuild mode

WILL FULLER- He's on a cheap deal for a couple more years. He's be the perfect compliment

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 12:38 PM

WILL FULLER- He's on a cheap deal for a couple more years. He's be the perfect compliment

Fuller would work. Cooks too!!

Upnorth
10-24-2020, 12:39 PM

That makes more sense to me. I wonder how bad the bugs will be the next couple of years. Reminds me of Dan scnieder

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 12:39 PM
No way in hell that would be a good idea.

Why Not? It would set Rodgers and the offense up for the rest of his stay in Green Bay.

Joemailman
10-24-2020, 12:50 PM

Fuller is a UFA after this year. Cooks is signed for 3 more years at 12M per year. After dealing Hopkins this year, would they want to move those guys?

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 01:01 PM
Fuller is a UFA after this year. Cooks is signed for 3 more years at 12M per year. After dealing Hopkins this year, would they want to move those guys?

Cooks has no dead money or what you called “guaranteed” heading into 2021. You could let him go at no cost if wanted.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 01:13 PM
I believe they would have up until June 1st to release Cooks with zero cap hit moving forward.

Sparkey
10-24-2020, 01:44 PM
Julio Jones would be a very good add for this year, but cause some major issues, cap wise for next year and beyond.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 02:23 PM
Julio Jones would be a very good add for this year, but cause some major issues, cap wise for next year and beyond.

Well they probably can’t keep Adams and Julio long term. You get them both for this year and next. Gives us time to provide a long term solution.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 02:25 PM
I’m fine with not re-singing Aaron Jones and Kevin King and releasing Preston Smith and probably Amos too!!

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 02:26 PM
Start drafting better on defense and get a real D-coordinator!!!

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Go hire a guy like Dan Quinn as D-Coordinator and switch to a 4-3 for gods sake. Scrap this bullshit Mickey Mouse scheme we run that has never really worked other then one year in over a decade.

texaspackerbacker
10-24-2020, 04:02 PM
Why Not? It would set Rodgers and the offense up for the rest of his stay in Green Bay.

I was mostly speaking of the ridiculous cost somebody talked about - a first plus a 3rd or 4th next year. The fact is, we don't need him. The fact also is, he is getting old - 5 years older than Davante, I think. The fact also is hamstrings have a habit of coming back, and we likely wouldn't get many healthy games out of him this season.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 04:35 PM
I was mostly speaking of the ridiculous cost somebody talked about - a first plus a 3rd or 4th next year. The fact is, we don't need him. The fact also is, he is getting old - 5 years older than Davante, I think. The fact also is hamstrings have a habit of coming back, and we likely wouldn't get many healthy games out of him this season.

Well the fact that Gute is making calls around the league for a receiver kinda proves we do need him or someone. That lie has gotten old. Whether he is the right guy or the cost is worth it could be debated. To me we’re coming to the end of the rope so my feeling is why not?

We’re getting to the point where “There Is No Tomorrow” as far as our Super Bowl Window!

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 04:56 PM
Looks like Tampa got AB for the league minimum with some incentives. What a bargain.

texaspackerbacker
10-24-2020, 08:15 PM
Well the fact that Gute is making calls around the league for a receiver kinda proves we do need him or someone. That lie has gotten old. Whether he is the right guy or the cost is worth it could be debated. To me we’re coming to the end of the rope so my feeling is why not?

We’re getting to the point where “There Is No Tomorrow” as far as our Super Bowl Window!

Oh, he told you that, huh? The window is actually not closing - assuming of course, that the Packers have the supreme good sense to NOT get rid of Rodgers in 1-2-3 years, as I'm fairly confident they won't.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 08:34 PM
Oh, he told you that, huh? The window is actually not closing - assuming of course, that the Packers have the supreme good sense to NOT get rid of Rodgers in 1-2-3 years, as I'm fairly confident they won't.

Yep, 1-2-3 and at a snap of a finger and one semi-serious injury ends the whole thing with Rodgers. You can’t take anything for granite at this stage of his career.

Aaron Nagler reported the Packers are shopping for a receiver. He is the biggest “We Don’t Need A Receiver” guy out there. He doesn’t just report things for click bait.

All sources point to the Packers trying to get help at WR including mine. Of course that doesn’t mean it’s gonna be Julio Jones but will probably be more then the normal scrub they pick up off the waiver wire.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 08:39 PM
If your still living the lie that the Packers don’t need help at WR then I suggest some form of counseling!!!!

texaspackerbacker
10-25-2020, 06:35 AM
I am, and we don't.

I honestly don't know or care about one media puke from another, but it is good to know - if you are right anyway - that one of them thinks the same as I do.

As for injuries, hell, you could say the same for Mahomes or Jackson. It already happened to Dak. That's the Luck I always talk about. Sure, it can bite you in the ass, but likely, it won't. Would you rather we have somebody like Andy Dalton hanging around in case? I suspect that would work out about as good for us as it did for the Cowboys. Boyle can hold a clipboard just as good. What you're preaching is basically getting the WR equivalent of Andy Dalton - some veteran plug who you seem to think would do better than Lazard, MVS, or St. Brown. I say Funchess that.

GB-Brandon
10-25-2020, 09:02 AM
I am, and we don't.

I honestly don't know or care about one media puke from another, but it is good to know - if you are right anyway - that one of them thinks the same as I do.

As for injuries, hell, you could say the same for Mahomes or Jackson. It already happened to Dak. That's the Luck I always talk about. Sure, it can bite you in the ass, but likely, it won't. Would you rather we have somebody like Andy Dalton hanging around in case? I suspect that would work out about as good for us as it did for the Cowboys. Boyle can hold a clipboard just as good. What you're preaching is basically getting the WR equivalent of Andy Dalton - some veteran plug who you seem to think would do better than Lazard, MVS, or St. Brown. I say Funchess that.

Aaron Nagler is a Packer Homer though that rarely speaks out against anything the team does though. I’m not sure Rodgers comes back from an injury as serious as Daks is at Rodgers stage of career.

St Brown has 21 career receptions. Hasn’t caught a ball since 2018 and has never scored a TD. Not sure why he is even being talked about anymore.

MVS is at shit or get off the pot stage with having only 15 receptions on 30 targets. That’s not good enough.

Lazard is on IR.

Upnorth
10-26-2020, 07:05 AM
If we trade for anyone why not get Michael Thomas. Almost as affordable as Jones but has a good 4 yr contract and is probably the best receiver in the league. I still doubt it happens.

Zool
10-26-2020, 08:14 AM
Can we trade for Aaron Donald too?
The Cowboys suck, maybe we can just trade Aaron Jones straight up for Zeke?

So we could have Aaron Donald, Clark, and Watt on the D-line, Adams, Julio Jones, and Michael Thomas at WR, and Elliot at RB. Any other all-pro players we can pick up this year?

SudsMcBucky
10-26-2020, 08:29 AM
For those of you holding out hope for the Falcons to trade Julio, he ain't going anywhere. Even if ATL wanted to trade him, they could not afford the dead money hit that would come to them with their cap predicament. It's also why they're not going to trade Matt Ryan, either.

Upnorth
10-26-2020, 09:09 AM
Can we trade for Aaron Donald too?
The Cowboys suck, maybe we can just trade Aaron Jones straight up for Zeke?

So we could have Aaron Donald, Clark, and Watt on the D-line, Adams, Julio Jones, and Michael Thomas at WR, and Elliot at RB. Any other all-pro players we can pick up this year?

We all know love is a bust. Kc will be in cap hell next year. We should be able to trade to get mahones. Then we target kelce

NFL gms have it easy.

Tony Oday
10-26-2020, 09:29 AM
https://www.sportstalkatl.com/overreaction-tuesday-should-the-falcons-trade-julio-jones/#:~:text=Trading%20Julio%20Jones%20can%20cut,%2411 .2%20million%20and%20%249.2%20million.

Joemailman
10-26-2020, 09:39 AM
We all know love is a bust. Kc will be in cap hell next year. We should be able to trade to get mahones. Then we target kelce

NFL gms have it easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVEIotzy3_A