PDA

View Full Version : ARs Contract

Tony Oday
10-16-2020, 12:43 PM
If he does not renegotiate it we will lose Bahk and Jones, think he wants that or cares?

Joemailman
10-16-2020, 03:09 PM
I think the Packers intend for all 3 to be here. Yes Rodgers cares. He just renegotiated his contract last year.

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2020, 03:59 PM
As a great poster in here posted, the cap can always be cooked (I mean you, APB - where have you been lately?). One way to cook it, of course, is to restructure contracts, and Rodgers' is the most obvious one. The other extremely great by-product of that is that we would lock up Rodgers for more years and hopefully put to rest all the heretical shit about "moving on" from Rodgers. Rodgers has stated he wants to spend his whole career in Green Bay. Let's take him at his word.

Upnorth
10-16-2020, 04:08 PM
Unless love is trash I think arod is gpne in 3 years

texaspackerbacker
10-16-2020, 04:23 PM
A big hell no to that! He'll be the next in a long line including Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks, and I think one or two others I can't remember who we got, developed, and then traded away. Unfortunately, the draft pick cost of Love was higher than the others and probably higher than we will get for him in trade, when his rookie contract is done or sooner, he will be gone even if he is looking good - because nobody is better than Aaron Rodgers, past, present, and future.

It was a mistake to draft Love, but I really don't think they will double down on that mistake with the colossal blunder that it would be to let Rodgers leave before the end of his career - 7 or 8 or 10 years from now.

Upnorth
10-17-2020, 08:58 AM
A big hell no to that! He'll be the next in a long line including Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks, and I think one or two others I can't remember who we got, developed, and then traded away. Unfortunately, the draft pick cost of Love was higher than the others and probably higher than we will get for him in trade, when his rookie contract is done or sooner, he will be gone even if he is looking good - because nobody is better than Aaron Rodgers, past, present, and future.

It was a mistake to draft Love, but I really don't think they will double down on that mistake with the colossal blunder that it would be to let Rodgers leave before the end of his career - 7 or 8 or 10 years from now.

3 years this mobile qb is 39. If love is solid which makes more sense?

texaspackerbacker
10-17-2020, 10:06 AM
A 39 year old Rodgers still should be a helluva lot better than a "solid" young guy. Look at Brady at 43. I thoroughly expect Rodgers to be better than that at 43 or more - which still would be better than a "solid" young QB.

The only way Love has a future with the Packers is if he is both damn good and has the patience to be a backup for 6 or 7 years or more - which, of course, is doubtful. It was a mistake to draft him, but hopefully we can salvage a fairly high pick in trade for him at some point.

Bretsky
10-17-2020, 10:39 AM
Unless love is trash I think arod is gpne in 3 years

This is pretty much what everybody things

Actually some think the timeline is 2 years

I only have three words for this; Nice Job Gutebag

run pMc
10-17-2020, 11:19 AM
I think the probability of Rodgers being here and Love being traded is higher, based off this year so far.
No sane GM trades a QB away who is 4-0 and right there with Wilson for MVP. They will give Jordan Love tons of snaps next year in preseason (if there is one) and keep him if he looks amazing but I think they are covering their bases here.

On the flip side, what if the NYJ offer multiple R1 & R2 picks for Rodgers after this season? You'd be right up there in the Lawrence race, AND have Love and Boyle.

I like Rodgers and think he's both playing with a chip on the shoulder as well as being more comfortable with the offense. That's a good combination for fans and the team's record, so I'd prefer they keep him. If they trade Love away and draft another QB in a year or two I'm fine with that.

bobblehead
10-17-2020, 12:03 PM
This is pretty much what everybody things

Actually some think the timeline is 2 years

I only have three words for this; Nice Job Gutebag

I think even Gutes isn't sure exactly how this plays out. Rodgers is playing MVP level football. That means he is QB of the Packers for as long as that happens. Love can be traded or ignored.

Rodgers also doesn't have to restructure again. Jones isn't a priority. Likely a marquee back can be drafted at the end of the first round. Jones can be replaced by a rookie. Bak can't. He is a priority. Must re sign him. There are other ways to free up cash. We aren't in cap hell, just up against it. Other teams are in much worse shape, especially if the cap drops.