PDA

View Full Version : Packers v Texans game week discussion

RashanGary
10-19-2020, 06:58 PM
Bakh, hopefully has bruised ribs. Lafleur avoided the topic when asked on Monday. Said Bakh was still being looked at. Typically if a guy is fine, Lafleur will suggest he’s fine. This instance he didn’t give that vote of confidence. I suspect Bakh cracked a couple ribs. That would be a six week injury. Hope not, but it’s possible. Would we see Jenkins at LT? I’m curious just because we might not have the money for Bakh next year and this would make that decision easier if we had a guy who could do it.

Lancaster had a shoulder. It’s great timing with Clark now back, but I do hope it’s not a season Ender. DL is such an important and hard to fill position. I hope to keep all of our depth healthy, if not every week, at least down the stretch.

I think our big guys, especially on offense, were wore down from the heat. I do expect a bounce back, with or without Bakh. In the event Bakh doesn’t go, a lineup of

Jenkins/Patrick/Lindsley/Turner/Wagner looks possible
Jenkins/Runyan/Lindsley/Patrick/Turner (or Wagner) is also possible
Wagner(or Turner)/Jenkins/Lindsley/Patrick/Turner (or Wagner) is also possible

RashanGary
10-19-2020, 07:01 PM
And as a complete surprise, Yosh Nijman is a possibility too

texaspackerbacker
10-19-2020, 07:51 PM
Houston's defensive front hasn't been what it used to be this season. I think we find Bakhtiari to be very replaceable against a lot of teams, hopefully against Houston.

Joemailman
10-19-2020, 08:31 PM
Houston has the NFL's worst run defense. They are allowing 177 YPG and 5.4 YPC. Pass defense isn't much better. Ranked 25th. Have given up 13 TD's and only 1 INT.

Their passing offense is pretty good, ranked 3rd. Rushing offense is below average. Haven't run the ball much. With a defense that bad, imagine they're usually behind in 2nd half.

call_me_ishmael
10-19-2020, 10:13 PM
Aaron with a 12 TD performance, flips the bird then blows a shhh on top. The infamous "shhhh" game was against the Texans, right? This joke doesn't land at all if it wasn't haha.

In all seriousness, I expect them to bounce back or for the wheels to come off. I bet they're gonna bounce back, though, 'cause they have a great coach.

Deshaun Watson is a very special player and I expect them to bring their A game to try to save their season.

GB-Brandon
10-19-2020, 10:48 PM
I like the Packers but Houston has played a real tough schedule. They have already played 4 playoff teams. They will put up a bunch of points on our defense for sure. I’m starting to lose faith on our safety play. Historically the Texans are vulnerable to pass rush so maybe we get a boost. However, D. Watson is a game changer QB so he will make some big play to offset that. They have several vertical weapons. This is an up and down team and things could get scary depending on which one shows up.

Here we go again!!!! I can’t believe I’m saying this but getting Tyler Ervin back is a huge deal. That’s how empty the cupboard is. I’m sure we will also see a mixture of Darius Shepherd and EQ as well. Someone is going to need to step up. Of course if we can run the ball it will change the dynamic of the whole offense and open it up more. Tonyan appeared to get nicked up so will have to see what’s going on with him.

It’s really going to come down to being able to run the ball and LaFluer being able to mask our deficiencies like he did earlier in the season.

The question is have other teams figured it out? And does Houston have those pieces on defense to pull it off?

I’m not so sure they do. Regardless, I see the Packers having to score a lot of points to win in a high scoring game.

texaspackerbacker
10-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Houston should be a good team to bounce back against. Our offensive strength plays to their (perceived) D weaknesses. And their lack of a running game hopefully will continue against us. The only slightly worrisome thing is that their D isn't that far removed from being pretty tough. The biggest problem, similar to Dallas, is a new D Coordinator who rocked the boat. The guy replaced Romeo Crennel, but now that Bill O'Brien got fired, Crennel is his boss as interim coach. Thus, they might just snap back to the way they were.

GB-Brandon
10-19-2020, 11:18 PM
They just threw up 36 on the Titans but they had no answer for Henry.

RashanGary
10-20-2020, 05:22 AM
No news on Tyler Lannister yet, huh?

texaspackerbacker
10-20-2020, 05:35 AM
Lancaster has improved from totally pathetic to only moderately bad. We won't be significantly worse if he isn't available, especially with Clark back and M. Adams improving a little bit. Billy Winn would be a better option than Lancaster.

Joemailman
10-20-2020, 08:29 AM
For all their bad defensive stats, the Texans did play very competitive games against the Steelers and Titans. They can score. They've scored 30 and 34 points their past 2 games.

run pMc
10-20-2020, 09:20 AM
On offense, Watson is very good. Will Fuller is also pretty good; I'd say he and Darren Fells are the receivers Watson has most comfort with. Cooks and Cobb can be dangerous. The GB secondary depth will get tested, hopefully King can play. David Johnson is a shell of what he used to be; I'm not sure why. He's 28 and doesn't look quick/fast. He's still ok, but Stevie Wonder could see that ARI hoodwinked O'Brien there. Their OL is... I dunno.

On defense, they have some good players, but I'm not sure they are playing well together. I think they can be had if MLF, Rodgers & Co. get their act together.

Tougher out than their record suggests. Romeo Crennel faces GB as interim coach AGAIN, hopefully the result is better than the 15-1 season. Will be interesting to see if he can keep them playing hard after the TEN loss; they played them tough but you wonder if that was their best shot and a letdown will happen.

bobblehead
10-20-2020, 10:25 AM
Houston shored up its biggest weakness. They fired Bill O'Brien (also known as fat mike jr.)

We should handle them. If we don't I will start to be concerned.

GB-Brandon
10-20-2020, 01:50 PM
This league is really about being able to counter punch after teams figure out your scheme and playbook and tendencies . Nobody is really able to just run the same damn thing all year without a hiccup. My biggest concern moving forward is obviously the defense but also whether LaFluer has the correct or enough pieces on offense to put what is needed in play to off-set what is now on film to successfully counter punch and beat that!!!

I’m not convinced we have it. Maybe against the Texans we do but certainly not against some of the others coming up.

Joemailman
10-20-2020, 08:33 PM
Field Yates
@FieldYates
·
4h
The Packers are signing veteran LB James Burgess off of the Falcons' practice squad to their 53-man roster, per source.

Burgess, an undrafted free agent out of Louisville in 2017, has played in 27 career regular-season games, including 10 with the New York Jets last season. He has 163 tackles, 21 tackles for losses, eight pass breakups, 4.5 sacks, eight quarterback hits and two forced fumbles in his NFL career.

The Packers will be Burgess’ eighth NFL team. He was signed to the Falcons practice squad last Tuesday.

Freak Out
10-20-2020, 08:47 PM
It will be a score fest but the Packers are going to run run run run run all the way to a victory.

Joemailman
10-21-2020, 10:48 AM
Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call. Lower Peninsula gets Lions at Atlanta. Sorry Fritz.

https://506sports.com/2020/07-FOX.png

Joemailman
10-21-2020, 03:54 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ek4WT8cXYAAeZn_?format=jpg&name=medium

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 04:05 PM
No Bak, No Tonyan, No Ervin is not good here. This could be a problem. If those guys don’t play I slide the edge to the Texans.

Joemailman
10-22-2020, 02:33 PM
Official Snack of The Green Bay Packers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ek9B1fDXUAILq6y?format=jpg&name=large

Guiness
10-22-2020, 03:11 PM
Field Yates
@FieldYates
·
4h
The Packers are signing veteran LB James Burgess off of the Falcons' practice squad to their 53-man roster, per source.

The Packers will be Burgess’ eighth NFL team.
Potential future fuckdoggle candidate!

Joemailman
10-22-2020, 07:02 PM
Not much different from yesterday. Linsley has a back. Lewis has a knee. Might be a day of rest for him.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ek9bcYvWkAIlBiS?format=jpg&name=medium

RashanGary
10-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Injuries not lookin good. This season is looking a touch worrisome at this point.

Cousins
Staffor
Brees
Ryan
Brady

It's kind of the who's who of older QBs who like to get the ball out quickly. Not a lot of surprise that our sack and pressure numbers are down. Maybe this is a game where Clark, Z, P and Gary breakout. With Keke and the ascending Mon Adams having a shot too. Gotta stop the run early and then capitalize on those pass rush opportunities from a QB who likes to hold the ball.

texaspackerbacker
10-23-2020, 03:31 PM
That's also a who's who of immobile QBs. Are we gonna have more success sacking Dashaun Watson? Would we get to Mahomes or Jackson?

I don't know what the difference is from last year except quality of play from the Smiths and the rest. Likewise, I don't know the solution. M. Adams has improved; Keke has improved; Supposedly Lancaster is playing better - although I don't see it; Clark is coming back now, but even before he got hurt, we weren't getting to the QB.

Joemailman
10-23-2020, 04:45 PM
Ugly injury report.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElCbYTRWAAE5lwy?format=jpg&name=medium

Joemailman
10-23-2020, 06:45 PM
Maybe no Aaron Jones Sunday?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30175482/packers-rb-aaron-jones-injures-calf-listed-questionable

"Just kind of felt my calf get tight during practice [on Thursday], really didn't pay it much attention and then after and throughout the later parts of the day is when I started to feel it," Jones said Friday. "And then came in this morning and we took a look at it. I feel like I'm confident I can play, but I know our trainers and doctors have the players' best interests in mind. I'm gonna do everything in my power to make sure I can get out on the field, but it's up to the team doctors."

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 07:10 PM
No Jones and No Tonyan and No Bak and I shift this to Houston because Jones is so big in the pass game. We’re running out of gas and it’s only week7. I’m hearing the Packers are mad and want to prove a point so we’ll see. On defense no King or Savage. This team could be in trouble.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 07:15 PM
Dillion Time!

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 07:16 PM
Maybe no Aaron Jones Sunday?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30175482/packers-rb-aaron-jones-injures-calf-listed-questionable

That means he isn’t a playing.

RashanGary
10-23-2020, 07:25 PM
The injuries, albeit short term for the most part are adding up. The Texans are better than their record. Outside of a few team's with young and inexperienced QBs, the qb play is high this year in the league. Gonna be a tough season. I'm hoping, but starting.to get worried its not our year

RashanGary
10-23-2020, 07:44 PM
I look through the schedule and Jimmy G is probably the worst QB on the docket. QB play is up in the league for sure. Guys like Tannenhill, Cousins, Foles are this eras rich gannon types. Stafford, Ryan and Rivers are savvy vets. Brady and Brees HOFers in their twilight. Watson, and Wentz are good players. Bridgewater is a solid vet and I'm a big fan of Gardner (favre charisma) minshew. Even Jimmy G isn't pathetic or horrible. Just a gauntlet of smart guys who can distribute the rock and lead an offense.

I watch quite a bit of football and don't see many bad QB's playing on Sunday's. It's a tough league and gonna he a tough game on Sunday.

RashanGary
10-23-2020, 07:51 PM
Broncos, Jets and Redskins might be the only three teams with bad QB play and the front runners for the top pick

Kyler Murray
Daniel Jones
Herbert
Burrow
Tua

All show signs of maybe being the guy for their teams. Rodgers sort of set a new template 10 years ago for how to use mobility from the QB position and opened up the league to more mobile QB play. Elite traditional QB play never goes out of style, but there is more good QB play with 10 or so Rosgers style guys being so good on top of the traditional guys

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 09:13 PM
The injuries, albeit short term for the most part are adding up. The Texans are better than their record. Outside of a few team's with young and inexperienced QBs, the qb play is high this year in the league. Gonna be a tough season. I'm hoping, but starting.to get worried its not our year

If a Super Bowl Championship is the expectation then yes there is a lot of red flags and cause for concern. But as some say “There is a lot of ball game left”. If the Packers are serious about contending this year then:

1. Get some help before the trade deadline. The Packers should be buyers

2. The defense needs to get better and playing better down the stretch. Right now Tyler Lancaster is the second highest graded player on this defense at 76.7. Good for Tyler that he is playing well but this should not be the case that more of our better players aren’t playing better then that. Pettine is probably coaching for his job right now.

As far as this game just get “W.” Survive and Advance!!

MadtownPacker
10-23-2020, 10:38 PM
Has the feel of one of those games that the Pack D makes some nobody famous.

bobblehead
10-24-2020, 11:51 AM
Injuries not lookin good. This season is looking a touch worrisome at this point.

Cousins
Staffor
Brees
Ryan
Brady

It's kind of the who's who of older QBs who like to get the ball out quickly. Not a lot of surprise that our sack and pressure numbers are down. Maybe this is a game where Clark, Z, P and Gary breakout. With Keke and the ascending Mon Adams having a shot too. Gotta stop the run early and then capitalize on those pass rush opportunities from a QB who likes to hold the ball.

I think the NFL needs to go to the NBA style of rankings. Yards and pressures PER POSSESSION. One reason our totals are down is that we have dominated ToP. Less opportunities for our D to get after guys. There is a number of reasons. The D overall seems to be as good as last year so I'm not in panic mode. Its not a dominant D, and I'm not sure it can win an Owl, but we have a shot. There is no dominant team in the NFC. Baltimore and KC would appear to be the dominant teams in the NFL, and only one of them will make it.

Edit: And Pittsburg. Whoever scouts WR for them we should steal away.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 12:07 PM
I think the NFL needs to go to the NBA style of rankings. Yards and pressures PER POSSESSION. One reason our totals are down is that we have dominated ToP. Less opportunities for our D to get after guys. There is a number of reasons. The D overall seems to be as good as last year so I'm not in panic mode. Its not a dominant D, and I'm not sure it can win an Owl, but we have a shot. There is no dominant team in the NFC. Baltimore and KC would appear to be the dominant teams in the NFL, and only one of them will make it.

Edit: And Pittsburg. Whoever scouts WR for them we should steal away.

You actually have to draft Wide Receivers though for it to work!!

Common Man!!!!

Joemailman
10-24-2020, 04:36 PM
Lots of roster moves:

The Green Bay Packers signed LB James Burgess from the Atlanta Falcons' practice squad and placed him on the exempt/commissioner permission list, activated LB Kamal (kuh-MALL) Martin from reserve/injured; designated for return, signed G Ben Braden and DL Billy Winn to the active roster from the practice squad, and elevated S Henry Black and RB Dexter Williams from the practice squad to the active roster for gameday. The transactions were announced Saturday by General Manager Brian Gutekunst.

Activating Braden might indicate they're planning on playing Jenkins at T.

Bakhtiari officially out.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 04:38 PM
Hope to see Kamal get some action.

SudsMcBucky
10-26-2020, 01:22 PM
No Jones and No Tonyan and No Bak and I shift this to Houston because Jones is so big in the pass game. We’re running out of gas and it’s only week7. I’m hearing the Packers are mad and want to prove a point so we’ll see. On defense no King or Savage. This team could be in trouble.

That prediction wasn't so good now, was it?

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 01:44 PM
That prediction wasn't so good now, was it?

It’s was okay. You can take a post and take it out of context with other posts where I also called the Texans an “Up and Down Team.” I don’t think a lot of people had a very high confidence rating on the Packers after they got exposed against Tampa the prior week and then losing those players. It is what it is. The Packers dominated another losing team and took care of business. The pass rush showed up against a weak offensive line. We were able to run the ball and get away with just picking them apart to death with Adams. Only a fool would believe this will work against the better teams based on the whole body of work that we have seen!!!

I still believe nothing has changed and that we need to be buyers and get another offensive weapon by the trade deadline. It’s the difference between life and death as far as the 2020 season.

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 01:54 PM
We obviously don’t pick our opponents but our wins have come across a total “10-22” win/loss record. I think we all know what the “RED FLAGS” are if we’re being honest with ourselves. I don’t see the point of lying to one’s self and how that helps positive future growth. If anything it stunts positive growth and leads to denial which leads to failure and destruction!!!

#BreakTheCycle

Zool
10-26-2020, 01:56 PM
Theme song!

https://youtu.be/aXAU4MmMIMo

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 02:00 PM
You wanna talk “All Gas And No Fucken Brake” then back the shit up and go get someone to complete the “Building of the Engine!!!” Otherwise it’s just a bunch of bullshit fancy talk you chant out against weak ass sucker teams!!

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 02:03 PM
Theme song!

https://youtu.be/aXAU4MmMIMo

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p1kxRzbq8DTsbqaQ7

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 02:07 PM
What? I got the Houston Game wrong because I laid off it ? Too me it was a smart play after the destruction that happened in Tampa. I’ve clearly stated I NEVER BET AGAINST THE PACKERS!!!

Zool
10-26-2020, 02:29 PM
Even the Fonz has issues sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbIjJg9QO1I

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 03:02 PM
Even the Fonz has issues sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbIjJg9QO1I

Well Zool has just ruined it for EVERYONE!! I was just getting ready to release all my picks weekly for FREE to help people out and I am absolutely crushing it.

Way to go Zool!!!!!! I’m not gonna put up with this shit!!!!

Zool
10-26-2020, 03:48 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPD5q6DC43M

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPD5q6DC43M

Unfortunately these wins against 1-4 Teams do less for me then they obviously do for you.