PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Give For A 5Th Lombardi Trophy

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 12:47 AM
Aaron Rodgers is 36 and he is playing great. We are not for certain how long he will be in the green and gold. We just got exposed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and it’s obvious what we need. We have a QB waiting in the wings that none of us have ever even seen throw a pass for the Packers yet even in a pre-season game. There is question marks of what the salary cap is going to look like over the next two years. So far Gute’s draft picks other then a couple haven’t shown much promise looking into the future. We have a team that with maybe adding a key piece can improve our chances immensely at winning a championship now!!

Is it worth it? What would it be worth to get that Lombardi back to Green Bay? Is it time to make an aggressive move? Or do we just sit tight like always?

Thoughts?

RashanGary
10-21-2020, 02:14 AM
Nothing. It’s fun to watch a team work together and try to reach a goal. It’s fun to see guys use their minds and bodies to execute a task.

At the end of the day, I couldn’t really care less. It’s fun if they win and I feel good when they lose too.

R-E-L-A-X

It’s a sport, for entertainment, not something to have your panties in a bundle about. And I don’t care if AR wins another. And I don’t care if Tom Brady is seen as better. I don’t care about any of it. I just like seeing them try their best and be a team.

texaspackerbacker
10-21-2020, 07:03 AM
I'd love for that to happen ....... but if I'm forced to choose between a team that wins say 11-15 regular season games every year and hardly ever goes to much less wins the Super Bowl - kinda like what we have, and a team like the Giants, for example, that reaches the top once or twice and is in the toilet just about every other year, absodamnlutely I'll take what we have had. Happiness almost every week versus happiness once a year and then a few years of shit? No contest IMO.

And RG, I disagree with you, it damn near is life and death to many of us. From my teenage years 60 or so years ago right up to this week, when the Packers lose, it's like a dark cloud covers the whole state of Wisconsin or wherever true Wisconsinites happen to be. Of course, we got pretty numb to that for several decades after Lombardi until Favre came along.

Spaulding
10-21-2020, 08:45 AM
The problem is that one never knows if mortgaging the future is going to produce a super bowl victory. So much depends on momentum going into the playoffs and team health that it's obviously impossible to project.

Sure adding an impact player improves your chances but I agree with Tex in that I'd rather be 11-5 most years and have a slim short to win it all versus going all in any given year and still likely miss out (31 teams each year are on the short end so odds are stacked against you). Conversely you'd then also have a higher probability of being a worse team the next few years due to the cost of the short term changes.

If you could guarantee a trophy any given year with desired changes then my view would change but as that's not possible I think it's far better to put winning teams on the field and hope to capture lightning in a bottle like we did in 2011.

Cheesehead Craig
10-21-2020, 09:15 AM
I'd give tex's doomsday prepper stash for a Lombardi.

Zool
10-21-2020, 09:23 AM
Nothing. It’s fun to watch a team work together and try to reach a goal. It’s fun to see guys use their minds and bodies to execute a task.

At the end of the day, I couldn’t really care less. It’s fun if they win and I feel good when they lose too.

R-E-L-A-X

It’s a sport, for entertainment, not something to have your panties in a bundle about. And I don’t care if AR wins another. And I don’t care if Tom Brady is seen as better. I don’t care about any of it. I just like seeing them try their best and be a team.

Yup. If it's more than this, you might want to re-evaluate things. Obsessing over sports is unhealthy. It's literally trying to control things that are out of your control.

smuggler
10-21-2020, 10:39 AM
I want them to win a SB pretty badly. The shit that the team has gone through since the last title is pretty incredible. The big letdown against the Giants in '11, the Fail Mary, Kaepernick, the McClellin injury, dropping the ball against the Bitch Pigeons (Bostick) in '14, Jordy's ACL, the Barr injury, and the offense just struggling without high quality receivers. And of course that list isn't totally inclusive.

It would be so sweet for the team to finally put together a championship.

But what am I personally willing to give up? Let me answer that with another question: What would the Packers give up to see me succeed?

I'll buy one share of stock the next time it gets offered. And when I buy Packers goodies I'll use their Pro Shop so they don't have to share the profit with the other teams. Other than that, the Packers can fuck off.

Upnorth
10-21-2020, 11:12 AM
I think snacks would have helped.i think getting better again st the run helps us. I think getting back to presnap motion will help us. I think a consistent slot receiver will help us out if tonyon isn't able to be that.
I am willing to trade a second for someone to fill one of those roles.

run pMc
10-21-2020, 11:15 AM
As a fan? Same thing I already do: my time and attention. Yeah the week is a lot better if they win, but I have personal things that are more important. I'm not giving up my kidney for them to beat Houston.

As an armchair GM? I can give up anything -- it's not mine to give up. It might be more interesting to think about what they NEED vs. what to GIVE for it. Besides luck and health, they need somebody to be consistent and show up as a difference maker on offense besides Jones and Adams (Tonyan?). They need Rodgers to play like the Rodgers of Weeks 1-4. They need help at ILB and DE, and they need the Smiths to play like 2019. They also need Savage and Gary to make that Year 2 leap.

Every team needs a lot of things to go right for them to win, much less win in the playoffs or the Superb Owl. I think they might be a couple players away, and I don't know they have the capital to give up to get them (or that another team would part with them)**. After a pair of 6 win seasons, this team surprised many last year and some thought it a fluke. This year they've shown they are good, but are they great? There's a lot of football to be played yet.

**How about Jeffrey Simmons, Devin White, and AJ Brown (or Julio Jones)?

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 12:16 PM
This post was not designed to question what people would give up personally such a “Body Parts, Possessions, Time Etc” so sorry for the confusion. It was meant more towards what should the Packers be willing to give to get what they need “This Year” to make an attempt to win it all when you consider all things. Pretty simple stuff!!!

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 12:23 PM

R-E-L-A-X

I have a real hard time believing this. Anyone that posts as much as you do about the Packers with the attitude you have about it and goes about it the way you do must feel some loss when the Packers lose. Don’t worry. It’s okay RG.

Upnorth
10-21-2020, 12:54 PM
I much prefer the Patriots and Steelers way to win than the Vikings and giants way. Going all in rarely wins and generally makes future loss likely. Anyone who thinks one more receiver gets us the super bowl is a fool. We need run d. Specifically a dt and ilb.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 01:17 PM
I much prefer the Patriots and Steelers way to win than the Vikings and giants way. Going all in rarely wins and generally makes future loss likely. Anyone who thinks one more receiver gets us the super bowl is a fool. We need run d. Specifically a dt and ilb.

Putting massive weapons around Patrick Mahommes won a Super Bowl for the Chiefs. They switched to a 4-3 defense but it wasn’t some dominant defense by any means. They’re were plenty of times their defense showed cracks and got toasted. They were just able to score at will and control the ball at will on offense and control the temp of the game at will.

I don’t believe you have a firm grasp on what it takes to WIN BIG in this “New NFL.” Where giving up massive yards doesn’t really matter. Touching a WR is PI. You can’t hit anybody too hard or flags fly everywhere. The reffs can call defensive holding on any play they want. Holding teams to a FG is a victory and turnovers are gold. There is no defense that plays shut down defense week in and week out. Controlling the ball on offense is the best defense!!!

Get with the program!!!

Upnorth
10-21-2020, 01:25 PM
Putting massive weapons around Patrick Mahommes won a Super Bowl for the Chiefs. They switched to a 4-3 defense but it wasn’t some dominant defense by any means. They’re were plenty of times their defense showed cracks and got toasted. They were just able to score at will and control the ball at will on offense and control the temp of the game at will.

I don’t believe you have a firm grasp on what it takes to WIN BIG in this “New NFL.” Where giving up massive yards doesn’t really matter. Touching a WR is PI. You can’t hit anybody too hard or flags fly everywhere. The reffs can call defensive holding on any play they want. Holding teams to a FG is a victory and turnovers are gold. There is no defense that plays shut down defense week in and week out. Controlling the ball on offense is the best defense!!!

Get with the program!!!

You really think we can get the same offensive tools in the middle of the season with limited cap space as kc? Foolish and naive.
It's not madden this is real life. While I do want a slot receiver I more want a presnap motion man to draw the d away from where we want to go. One more star receiver would be nice. But we have more pressing needs. Open your eyes. Or remain blind. Your choice.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 01:26 PM
That takes me to my big issue with the Packers front office which is their inability to innovate or adapt to the current environment of the NFL.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 01:28 PM
You really think we can get the same offensive tools in the middle of the season with limited cap space as kc? Foolish and naive.
It's not madden this is real life. While I do want a slot receiver I more want a presnap motion man to draw the d away from where we want to go. One more star receiver would be nice. But we have more pressing needs. Open your eyes. Or remain blind. Your choice.

Let’s start here then. At this point in the season which is closer to being elite or really good. The offense or the defense?

texaspackerbacker
10-21-2020, 01:29 PM
What we need is luck. Talent, coaching, etc. - good play overall - gets you the winning record and into the playoffs. One bad game, though, or a critical bad call or an injury or any number of things that constitute luck can knock you out.

As I said, I'll take the winning consistency over the up and down thing anytime.

As for caring too much about the home team winning being unhealthy, maybe, but only if the team is a loser hahahaha. We have been blessed with winners - several decades now with the Packers and Badgers, both football and basketball. The Bucks and Brewers, not so much, but then I for one find it pretty easy to turn off the caring for them. Hopefully, that will never happen with the Packers, but when Rodgers is finished, it just might. I really can't see the team winning without him other than major major improvements.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 01:31 PM
What we need is luck. Talent, coaching, etc. - good play overall - gets you the winning record and into the playoffs. One bad game, though, or a critical bad call or an injury or any number of things that constitute luck can knock you out.

As I said, I'll take the winning consistency over the up and down thing anytime.

As for caring too much about the home team winning being unhealthy, maybe, but only if the team is a loser hahahaha. We have been blessed with winners - several decades now with the Packers and Badgers, both football and basketball. The Bucks and Brewers, not so much, but then I for one find it pretty easy to turn off the caring for them. Hopefully, that will never happen with the Packers, but when Rodgers is finished, it just might. I really can't see the team winning without him other than major major improvements.

They have zero chance winning without Rodgers with the current regime in place.

Upnorth
10-21-2020, 01:37 PM
Let’s start here then. At this point in the season which is closer to being elite or really good. The offense or the defense?

O is already elite. Or was 2011 o not elite? They had bad games. Lost one to kc that was a train wreck of a team

RashanGary
10-21-2020, 01:49 PM
They’re badly up against the cap right now. Not a lot of flexibility.

Rams, saints and Philly gonna be decimated by salary cap. Packers, Seahawks and 49ers kind of stuck against it but shouldn’t lose a ton but probably won’t get better.

The Giants have a bunch of easy cuts and some decent flexibility. Jones is a good QB under constant pressure. But the young OL is improving. Barkley will be back. They’re gonna be able to probably add a RT and Edge in free agency.....

The NFL is gonna be a cluster fuck next year. A bunch of good teams making cuts and a bunch of bad teams getting bargain priced high end free agents. I don’t think there will ever be a more level playing field than the next 2 years.

hoosier
10-21-2020, 01:50 PM
I'd give tex's doomsday prepper stash for a Lombardi.

I would give that and up the ante by chipping in my third nut.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 01:52 PM
O is already elite. Or was 2011 o not elite? They had bad games. Lost one to kc that was a train wreck of a team

I would argue the offense is not elite after what we saw against the Bucc’s. We saw what can happen when a team can take away the run and put press man on our receivers. We will surely see this again and will need to figure it out to win the Super Bowl unless your plan is to get lucky and avoid the Bears, Bucc’s, Rams, Niners, Colts, Ravens or Steelers on our way to a Championship.

You need to prepare for this and preparing for this would be improving the offense with another piece that LaFluer can use to help scheme and attack these defense’s successfully. I’m sorry but hoping Lazard coming back isn’t the answer. Does doing this guarantee a championship? No, it does not but once again it improves our chances and that’s what I’m trying to get at. Why are we not doing everything possible to improve our chances with a 36Y/O generational talented QB?

As far as the defense I am not certain one player would improve what we need there to happen. When you consider Pettine and then how certain position groups are playing I have a very low trust level that one more impact player would do much more then what is already happening. We’ve been throwing top end talent at the defense for years. It’s kind of like pumping gas into a gas tank with a giant hole in it. I’m just not certain it will give us the result we all want with Pettine. I am not against getting another big body to help against the run game. I have some excitement for Kamal Martin when he is ready to come back. I have heard really good things about him.

RashanGary
10-21-2020, 01:53 PM
Mahommes just got an absolute worst case scenario for his career trajectory. The Chiefs had kind of sold out to win in the early part of his contract, when the numbers were down. But now, due to the change in the cap over the next 3 years, they’re gonna have to make cuts and let guys go.

By the time the Chiefs recover, it will be in the ugly part of Mahomes contract and it will be harder to put talent around him. We always talk about context and surrounding circumstances.... Mahommes just got dealt a worst case scenerio.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:01 PM
I’m looking for the Packers to get a guy that we use for this 1 year run. Sacrifice a mid round pick is what I’m really talking about. Gute can then bolster the receiver position in the draft finally next year.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:03 PM
Mahommes just got an absolute worst case scenario for his career trajectory. The Chiefs had kind of sold out to win in the early part of his contract, when the numbers were down. But now, due to the change in the cap over the next 3 years, they’re gonna have to make cuts and let guys go.

By the time the Chiefs recover, it will be in the ugly part of Mahomes contract and it will be harder to put talent around him. We always talk about context and surrounding circumstances.... Mahommes just got dealt a worst case scenerio.

No doubt they will have some cap casualties but the Chiefs make drafting weapons a priority and have no problem finding them in the draft. They will be fine.

RashanGary
10-21-2020, 02:06 PM
Chargers and Dolphins just got absolute best case scenarios. Especially dolphins. Dolphins likely to have two top 10 draft picks. Tua has a real chance. The Dolphins have added some good young players the last couple years and look to have another big reload draft coming up. They have a couple easy cuts and a TON of space to exploit the historically rich (and cheap) up coming free agent class. Imma be watching Tua. If he’s good, imma bet on the Dolphins next year for sure!

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:06 PM
Brandin Cooks has zero dead $ next year. “Easy Cut”

John Ross has no dead $ next year “Easy Cut”

RashanGary
10-21-2020, 02:12 PM
I would ride out the year, then trade Rodgers to NE for Gilmore, 2 firsts and a second.

RashanGary
10-21-2020, 02:17 PM
With the Ammo acquired for Rodgers, I would start stacking the team around Love. Then, once that dead cap from the Rodgers trade goes away, I would use that money to lock up our key stars (Alexander, Lizard, etc) and then have a bunch of extra cap space during the Covid affected years to scoop in on some sweet free agents.

Just stack the team and roll with Love!!!

Fuck that right now AR shit :lol:

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:19 PM
I would ride out the year, then trade Rodgers to NE for Gilmore, 2 firsts and a second.

That would be the final completion of transfer of wealth. Belichick wins 3-4 more Super Bowls. Packers become the new Cleveland Browns of the NFL. That’s exactly why I’m selling my home by Lambeau. “Freezing Cold And Losing” is the nightmare i’m not gonna live!!!

RashanGary
10-21-2020, 02:21 PM
I think, what I would do is wake up, flog the dolphin to the pictures in the obligatory post thread. Then do some exercise and eat something healthy. Then I'd spend the rest of my day not whining like a little bitch on packerrats. How's that sound for a plan, Brandon. It’s all right in front of you. Seize the day.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:24 PM
With the Ammo acquired for Rodgers, I would start stacking the team around Love. Then, once that dead cap from the Rodgers trade goes away, I would use that money to lock up our key stars (Alexander, Lizard, etc) and then have a bunch of extra cap space during the Covid affected years to scoop in on some sweet free agents.

Just stack the team and roll with Love!!!

Fuck that right now AR shit :lol:

Yeah, the guy that isn’t even good enough to suit up on game day. We haven’t even seen him throw a ball yet.

Guess what?

He is light years away!!!!!! Might not ever get there!!! More shall be revealed in time!!!

Tony Oday
10-21-2020, 02:26 PM
Nothing, just a football team that does not give two shits about fans except to make money

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:27 PM
I think, what I would do is wake up, flog the dolphin to the pictures in the obligatory post thread. Then do some exercise and eat something healthy. Then I'd spend the rest of my day not whining like a little bitch on packerrats. How's that sound for a plan, Brandon. It’s all right in front of you. Seize the day.

My day is great!!!

Up at 6AM and make a few trades

Hit the Gym

Fuck around on here and other shit

Go have dinner with the wife

Make my evening bets!!!

Wouldn’t change it for anything!!!

Upnorth
10-21-2020, 02:28 PM
I would argue the offense is not elite after what we saw against the Bucc’s. We saw what can happen when a team can take away the run and put press man on our receivers. We will surely see this again and will need to figure it out to win the Super Bowl unless your plan is to get lucky and avoid the Bears, Bucc’s, Rams, Niners, Colts, Ravens or Steelers on our way to a Championship.

You need to prepare for this and preparing for this would be improving the offense with another piece that LaFluer can use to help scheme and attack these defense’s successfully. I’m sorry but hoping Lazard coming back isn’t the answer. Does doing this guarantee a championship? No, it does not but once again it improves our chances and that’s what I’m trying to get at. Why are we not doing everything possible to improve our chances with a 36Y/O generational talented QB?

As far as the defense I am not certain one player would improve what we need there to happen. When you consider Pettine and then how certain position groups are playing I have a very low trust level that one more impact player would do much more then what is already happening. We’ve been throwing top end talent at the defense for years. It’s kind of like pumping gas into a gas tank with a giant hole in it. I’m just not certain it will give us the result we all want with Pettine. I am not against getting another big body to help against the run game. I have some excitement for Kamal Martin when he is ready to come back. I have heard really good things about him.

So an offense that was performing better than 2011, which had more than one bad game but only one true stinkerand are still considered to be one of the great offenses, you now label not elite. You state that the reason we lost was that our run game was stopped, when analytics shows it is Lafluer not using presnap motion when we had no success. On the 8 snaps we had presnap motion we showed great success and it accounted for 1/4 of our offense. Very similar to other game in fact, but for the sake of your argument lets blame the run game. You also state we need more pieces on d.
Your solution is get a wr. Like that will help our run game get back on track??? Dude I just can't understand your logic.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:29 PM

Doc says all my blood work is good too.

Anything else your worried about?

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:42 PM
So an offense that was performing better than 2011, which had more than one bad game but only one true stinkerand are still considered to be one of the great offenses, you now label not elite. You state that the reason we lost was that our run game was stopped, when analytics shows it is Lafluer not using presnap motion when we had no success. On the 8 snaps we had presnap motion we showed great success and it accounted for 1/4 of our offense. Very similar to other game in fact, but for the sake of your argument lets blame the run game. You also state we need more pieces on d.
Your solution is get a wr. Like that will help our run game get back on track??? Dude I just can't understand your logic.

When you start throwing around the word “ELITE” that means to me pretty damn good for a considerable amount of time against top notch competition. Beating up on a bunch of bums isn’t Fucken Elite. See, this is what the Packers do. They build up this Fucken mirage every year and then get their dick knocked in the dirt against a really good opponent. They can never get over the hump cause they are always thinking two or three steps ahead instead seeing the path to glory in the here and now right in front of their stubborn Fucken faces. It’s very frustrating.

Kansas City’s offense would be an example of “Elite”. They have done it over a period of time against top defenses in the playoffs and against top rated competition.

I think I’ve been very clear about our defense. Pettine is a Fucken joke and it is what it is. I don’t care what you give Pettine. I don’t believe he has the ability to build a top notch defense. Pettine is a fraud.

I believe the resource used would be better utilized with LaFluer and the offense and give us the best chance.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:47 PM
Nothing, just a football team that does not give two shits about fans except to make money

I would tend to agree.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 02:51 PM

Yeah, having a guy like Brandin Cooks or John Ross that can beat Press coverage with a “Clean Release” when the defense is pinning their ears back and blitzing Rodgers and make those fuckers pay would absolutely help the run game!!

Shepherd and MVS and EQ offer you nothing in that Situation!!

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 03:09 PM
Great. Now the Seahawks are gonna sign AB

http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/0320818e-ea9b-43cf-908f-a7cc02427ef4

There gonna have Metcalf, Lockett, Josh Gordon and AB

Were Fucked. They clearly understand how to seize the moment!! Green Bay is not winning a Super Bowl maybe ever again.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 03:10 PM
Sit back and reminisce 10-6

Oh the Joy!!!!

Fuck it!!

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 03:11 PM
“Son, I remember those days when we were 10-6 and had Aaron Rodgers”

What a Joke!!!

call_me_ishmael
10-21-2020, 03:28 PM
Jesus Christ Brandon, you have 7 posts in here in an hour. Consolidate your thoughts please. Between you and JH we have way too many damn one liners.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 03:45 PM
Jesus Christ Brandon, you have 7 posts in here in an hour. Consolidate your thoughts please. Between you and JH we have way too many damn one liners.

I just can’t stomach it much more. All this “Raise the G” talk. The only reason “Raise the G” is even relevant is because of Aaron Rodgers and all these people are so salty on getting him some help and continue to have this narrow vision on the this disaster of a defense while other teams continue to stack weapons on offense. We are clearly losing the arms war. The Bucc’s getting Fournette. The chiefs go get Laveon Bell. The Seahawks getting Josh Gordon and planning on getting AB. We sit tight and develop Darius Shepherd!!!

You can see the ship is about to sink. A snap of a finger and Rodgers is gone. Look what happened to Dak Prescott over in Dallas. For us to have zero urgency is the final nail in the coffin for me with this organization. I can’t wait to see all this “Raise The G Talk” when this is a bottom feeder 4-12 operation.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 03:52 PM
Niners making deals to keep their defense together.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/21/jets-trade-jordan-willis-to-49ers/

Jaire
10-21-2020, 04:37 PM
I just can’t stomach it much more. All this “Raise the G” talk. The only reason “Raise the G” is even relevant is because of Aaron Rodgers and all these people are so salty on getting him some help and continue to have this narrow vision on the this disaster of a defense while other teams continue to stack weapons on offense. We are clearly losing the arms war. The Bucc’s getting Fournette. The chiefs go get Laveon Bell. The Seahawks getting Josh Gordon and planning on getting AB. We sit tight and develop Darius Shepherd!!!

You can see the ship is about to sink. A snap of a finger and Rodgers is gone. Look what happened to Dak Prescott over in Dallas. For us to have zero urgency is the final nail in the coffin for me with this organization. I can’t wait to see all this “Raise The G Talk” when this is a bottom feeder 4-12 operation.

Those are rentals on damaged goods. Reminds me of the Andre Rison Wolf pick up in 1996. But the Seahawks don't have the number 1 defense.

A final run for Rodgers was not in the plans since they picked Jordan L. Maybe they change next year. If not, lower your expectations. And TRY to understand the strategy of last draft.

bobblehead
10-21-2020, 06:54 PM
Aaron Rodgers is 36 and he is playing great. We are not for certain how long he will be in the green and gold. We just got exposed by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and it’s obvious what we need. We have a QB waiting in the wings that none of us have ever even seen throw a pass for the Packers yet even in a pre-season game. There is question marks of what the salary cap is going to look like over the next two years. So far Gute’s draft picks other then a couple haven’t shown much promise looking into the future. We have a team that with maybe adding a key piece can improve our chances immensely at winning a championship now!!

Is it worth it? What would it be worth to get that Lombardi back to Green Bay? Is it time to make an aggressive move? Or do we just sit tight like always?

Thoughts?

So what you are really asking is what would i give for a CHANCE at a 5th. We have a chance. Pretty good one. I would give quite a bit to get it with the WR we have just so I could mock you all offseason.

bobblehead
10-21-2020, 07:00 PM
I have a real hard time believing this. Anyone that posts as much as you do about the Packers with the attitude you have about it and goes about it the way you do must feel some loss when the Packers lose. Don’t worry. It’s okay RG.
I'm with you. We are all personally invested in the team. I'm grumpy for an hour when they lose. I am happy when they win. But RG/JH/NC is right. Its a game. It shouldn't ruin your week. And as I said. You can never trade anything to guarantee a trophy and as things sit, we have a really good shot at one.

I'll take it a step further. I don't think there is anything we can get that will give us a REALLY good chance at one. The D just isn't good enough. We would need like 3 more defensive pieces. The offense is tops in the league, or very near it still.

bobblehead
10-21-2020, 07:01 PM

Get with the program!!!

Score at will? Did you watch the Owl? What happened the first 3 quarters?

bobblehead
10-21-2020, 07:03 PM
Brandin Cooks has zero dead $ next year. “Easy Cut”

John Ross has no dead $ next year “Easy Cut”

John Ross? Are we trying to win a decathlon?

bobblehead
10-21-2020, 07:07 PM
Doc says all my blood work is good too.

Anything else your worried about?

How is your performance in the bedroom. Its ok to not be "up to par" anymore. You can talk about it.

bobblehead
10-21-2020, 07:07 PM
Great. Now the Seahawks are gonna sign AB

http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/0320818e-ea9b-43cf-908f-a7cc02427ef4

There gonna have Metcalf, Lockett, Josh Gordon and AB

Were Fucked. They clearly understand how to seize the moment!! Green Bay is not winning a Super Bowl maybe ever again.

Really. You need to leave for a few more weeks. Relax Francis, Seattle ain't winning an Owl this year.

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 07:43 PM
We don’t have an “Elite Offense”. Anyone that thinks we do is a Fucken Poser!!!

What we have is an Elite QB with a few really good players and a bunch of pawns and a coach who know how look real good against shitty teams. When he plays anyone good he gets treated like a LITTLE BITCH!!!

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 07:56 PM
Rodgers threw two interceptions and it’s toooooooo Humid. Wah Wah. Let’s pack it in and go home and play with ourselves.

WEAK!!! That’s not a contender!!!!!

That’s a fraudulent front runner that can’t overcome adversity.

The Seahawks can overcome adversity. They don’t quit and cry because Russ threw a pick or because it’s too Fucken Humid!! I hate them but I will at least give them that!!

GB-Brandon
10-21-2020, 08:11 PM
How is your performance in the bedroom. Its ok to not be "up to par" anymore. You can talk about it.

If you want to buy my book I can send you a link.

texaspackerbacker
10-22-2020, 12:58 AM
Actually, the Packers are an elite offense - minus the O Line, anyway. We have the best QB. We have a top 2 or 3 RB with better back ups than most others who have RBs near the top. We have a top 3 or 4 WR and arguably above average other WRs. Now all of a sudden, we have an excellent TE along with a still serviceable veteran and a young guy who has played like crap but still could snap out of it and be good. 2 or 3 of our starting 5 O Linemen are highly regarded.

Most of the time against just about any opposition, this offense will put up big numbers like they did the first 4 games. That qualifies as elite in my book.

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 10:34 AM
Looks like the Ravens are close to signing Dez Bryant. Everyone loading their respective War Chests for the run while Gute sits on his hands.

run pMc
10-22-2020, 02:59 PM
Dez hasn't played since the 2017 season, after which he was cut from the Cowboys. He then signed with the Saints and tore his Achilles. He's 31.
Not sure what he has left, or what he can contribute mid-season, honestly. He was never a speedster, but he can play some bullyball. His best days are long long gone.

I'd play Hollywood Brown and Devin Duvernay over him without a doubt, but maybe they have injuries and BAL needs WR depth badly. It feels more like a PR stunt than anything. In terms of stocking a war chest, this is more like adding a knife than a gun or bazooka. Honestly, they could probably beat half the teams ignoring WRs completely and just running LJ, Ingram and Dobbins with a few throws to Andrews.

AB has more in the tank than Dez but less marbles in the head, and that's saying something.

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 04:21 PM
Dez hasn't played since the 2017 season, after which he was cut from the Cowboys. He then signed with the Saints and tore his Achilles. He's 31.
Not sure what he has left, or what he can contribute mid-season, honestly. He was never a speedster, but he can play some bullyball. His best days are long long gone.

I'd play Hollywood Brown and Devin Duvernay over him without a doubt, but maybe they have injuries and BAL needs WR depth badly. It feels more like a PR stunt than anything. In terms of stocking a war chest, this is more like adding a knife than a gun or bazooka. Honestly, they could probably beat half the teams ignoring WRs completely and just running LJ, Ingram and Dobbins with a few throws to Andrews.

AB has more in the tank than Dez but less marbles in the head, and that's saying something.

Tell me about our “Warchest?”

Bretsky
10-22-2020, 04:44 PM
Trade Jordan Love for Julio Jones

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 05:29 PM
Trade Jordan Love for Julio Jones

Throw in Rashan Gary to Seal the Deal!!!!!!!

bobblehead
10-22-2020, 06:51 PM
We don’t have an “Elite Offense”. Anyone that thinks we do is a Fucken Poser!!!

What we have is an Elite QB with a few really good players and a bunch of pawns and a coach who know how look real good against shitty teams. When he plays anyone good he gets treated like a LITTLE BITCH!!!

Now that you mention it, that has been a pattern across 2 coaches. At this point I have to ask if someone else might be the problem. I mean, the common denominator in all the "choking" is Rodgers. 2 coaches, WR come and go, RB change, even the OL has changed over the years. The only common piece in all those chokes is the QB.

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 07:04 PM
Now that you mention it, that has been a pattern across 2 coaches. At this point I have to ask if someone else might be the problem. I mean, the common denominator in all the "choking" is Rodgers. 2 coaches, WR come and go, RB change, even the OL has changed over the years. The only common piece in all those chokes is the QB.

Your on an secluded island with this crazy talk. Maybe Skip Bayless would join you with this banter!! Your gonna live a level of losing with the Packers when he is gone that is so unbearable you probably won’t have any problem getting season tickets!!

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 07:07 PM
All this bad karma is gonna come back. Even Rex Ryan called it out!!!

run pMc
10-23-2020, 12:09 PM
Your on an secluded island with this crazy talk.

LOL

bobblehead
10-23-2020, 01:08 PM
Your on an secluded island with this crazy talk. Maybe Skip Bayless would join you with this banter!! Your gonna live a level of losing with the Packers when he is gone that is so unbearable you probably won’t have any problem getting season tickets!!

Not sure what you mean. I'm merely expanding on your point that this team has crumbled in the playoffs. I'm just pointing out a fact. How many players from the giants crushing the 15-1 team? How many remain from the Seattle heart breaker? How many remain from just 5 years ago?

sharpe1027
10-23-2020, 01:17 PM
The only QB that doesn't lose a big game is the one that wins it all. That creates a perception for each other fanbase that their QB choked. Rodgers has won enough playoff games to show he can win big games. It just hasn't lined up for multiple SBs.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 03:05 PM
The only QB that doesn't lose a big game is the one that wins it all. That creates a perception for each other fanbase that their QB choked. Rodgers has won enough playoff games to show he can win big games. It just hasn't lined up for multiple SBs.

Exactly and his playoff Passer rating is 5Th of all time which is way ahead of Tom Brady so Rodgers has done enough in post season play to win it all. Rodgers has almost always been put in a situation where he has to play at an MVP level to win. That’s the truth. If he plays so so then the Packers will surely lose. Russell Wilson threw 4 picks against us in that NFC Champ game and still Won because they had a supporting cast and an actual defense.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 03:09 PM
If Aaron Rodgers throws 4 picks in just about “Any Game” we’re losing and against average to good teams we’re getting blown out!!!

sharpe1027
10-23-2020, 03:09 PM
Exactly and his playoff Passer rating is 5Th of all time which is way ahead of Tom Brady so Rodgers has done enough in post season play to win it all. Rodgers has almost always been put in a situation where he has to play at an MVP level to win. That’s the truth. If he plays so so then the Packers will surely lose. Russell Wilson threw 4 picks against us in that NFC Champ game and still Won because they had a supporting cast and an actual defense.

No.

Patler
10-23-2020, 03:12 PM
I don't think it is just about losing big games. It's playing poorly, coaching strangely or looking ill-prepared, and losing. Those are the games that are hard to accept.

texaspackerbacker
10-23-2020, 03:16 PM

A lot of what you post, I don't buy, but this post is right there on point.

SudsMcBucky
10-23-2020, 03:20 PM
A lot of what you post, I don't buy, but this post is right there on point.

Yep. Agree completely with that take.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 03:20 PM
Well many of the runs we had the 30th-32nd ranked defense and the Packers couldn’t figure it out and improve the defense year after year. That was probably the most glaring problem without digging to deep into it on a macro level.

sharpe1027
10-23-2020, 03:25 PM
I don't think it is just about losing big games. It's playing poorly, coaching strangely or looking ill-prepared, and losing. Those are the games that are hard to accept.

QBs, including Rodgers, play poor games and still win. If we are judging choking by a single player, wins or losses should be secondary to the analysis. Instead, they are almost the entirety of the analysis.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 03:39 PM
Can we really sit around and feel we got robbed because Rodgers only gave us the 5th highest playoff rated passer rating of all time and not No.1? Well, once again while he did have better weapons back then they were not elite other then maybe 2011 when we just had so many weapons.

I don’t think so.

Patler
10-23-2020, 03:45 PM
Well many of the runs we had the 30th-32nd ranked defense and the Packers couldn’t figure it out and improve the defense year after year. That was probably the most glaring problem without digging to deep into it on a macro level.

This brings up something I have wondered about. Since the '70s, except for sporadic, short periods, some lasting only a season or less, the Packers can't seem to put together a strong, let alone dominant defense. Why is that? This has been the scenario under numerous GMs, changing scouting staffs, numerous head coaches and even more D-coordinators. Even their better defenses have often had significant warts.

The leadership has changed many times over. The supporting staff even more. They have invested significant draft capital in the defense. When they do dip into free agency, it seems the more significant forays have been for defense.

Other franchises, under numerous GMs, coaches and coordinators can field strong defenses.

Patler
10-23-2020, 03:56 PM
QBs, including Rodgers, play poor games and still win. If we are judging choking by a single player, wins or losses should be secondary to the analysis. Instead, they are almost the entirety of the analysis.

Exactly. There are numerous separate evaluations, and we tend to blur them.

Is the roster adequately constructed to make a run?
Do the coaches get out-coached in preparing the team and/or making decisions during the game?
Do the players, especially the star players, rise to the occasion, make critical plays at critical times?

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 04:42 PM
This brings up something I have wondered about. Since the '70s, except for sporadic, short periods, some lasting only a season or less, the Packers can't seem to put together a strong, let alone dominant defense. Why is that? This has been the scenario under numerous GMs, changing scouting staffs, numerous head coaches and even more D-coordinators. Even their better defenses have often had significant warts.

The leadership has changed many times over. The supporting staff even more. They have invested significant draft capital in the defense. When they do dip into free agency, it seems the more significant forays have been for defense.

Other franchises, under numerous GMs, coaches and coordinators can field strong defenses.

Yeah that’s a big one. Hmmm, yeah. The thing is people think I’m all about WR’s etc etc but I love defense. I played defense. I’m all about defense. I’ve just given up on the Packers building a formidable defense. It’s dysfunctional from the top down. They can’t establish a vision and then adequately carry out the vision with the correct personnel. In the 70’s and 80’s and partly in the 90’s it was different because the playing field wasn’t necessarily level so I attribute a lot of it to that. Beyond those years it was purely incompetence with coaching and personnel other then a few years here and there where they were able to put something together. I know sales organizations that went out of business after 20 years because they could never really hire the “Right Guys.”

I wrote a post about this after the Niners playoff game last year. When I think of defense I think of MEAN, NASTY PEOPLE UP FRONT that want to bully people around. Guys that are going to disrupt and cause chaos. Fletcher Cox would be a good example. Aaron Donald obviously a good example. I think of guys in the middle of the defense that are fast and can fly to the football with GREAT INSTiNCTS. We just saw what Devin White can do. Devin Bush would be another example. Darius Leonard. It starts there right with the FRONT SEVEN. It’s nothing new. Until you can build this the other stuff is just fluff IMO. Now I know things have changed and defenses are running lighter upfront with the way the game has transformed but it will still always start with winning upfront.

We held onto Capers for 8 years with kind of this finesse defensive scheme that had lightning in the bottle success because we had HOF play in the secondary by Woodson and Collins. One got old and the other got hurt and Ted Thompson spent the next 6-7 years trying to replace them drafting DB after DB with most of our top draft picks which didn’t work out and subsequently depleted other areas of the roster. That was pretty much it.

Now we’re rolling with Pettine and he has more talent to work with then Capers had in his later years and he isn’t getting it done. My only defense to Pettine is they kind of didn’t “Finish The Project” so not only could one say “They should of drafted a Receiver” one could also say “They should of finished the Defense” while they went on whatever draft plan that was because we all new after last season we needed more help upfront. We all new we had a problem at ILB. Now maybe Kamal Martin will come back and help but mainly the Packers have just overall been dysfunctional hiring the right people and then getting that person the correct personnel.

texaspackerbacker
10-23-2020, 04:47 PM

It's true, the Packers haven't had a dominant D - with those few short periods like the Reggie White years since Lombardi. And it transcends coaches and GMs. Yeah, why is that?

My theory is LUCK. Oh, we've had a few quality free agents, usually second tier or aging, but some have been pretty good. What we haven't had many of, though, is really top of the line draft picks. There was Clay Matthews. Maybe Jaire will turn out to be long term star quality. Kenny Clark maybe. Probably there were a few others you could name over several decades, but damn few - less than a lot of teams who have had those dominant defenses. Maybe the GMs are to blame, but more than likely, they just didn't have very good luck in hitting with those draft picks.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 05:09 PM
It's true, the Packers haven't had a dominant D - with those few short periods like the Reggie White years since Lombardi. And it transcends coaches and GMs. Yeah, why is that?

My theory is LUCK. Oh, we've had a few quality free agents, usually second tier or aging, but some have been pretty good. What we haven't had many of, though, is really top of the line draft picks. There was Clay Matthews. Maybe Jaire will turn out to be long term star quality. Kenny Clark maybe. Probably there were a few others you could name over several decades, but damn few - less than a lot of teams who have had those dominant defenses. Maybe the GMs are to blame, but more than likely, they just didn't have very good luck in hitting with those draft picks.

No No No No No No!!!!!!! There is some bad luck with a guy like Nick Collins going down with a career ending injury. But a lot of these bad draft picks you just can’t attribute to “Bad Luck”. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say that these guys are so smart and know better then us then flip it and say it’s bad luck when they don’t turn out like it’s betting on ponies.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 05:14 PM
See in Green Bay nobody ever gets held accountable. It’s takes like 5 years longer then anywhere else. Mostly because of “Aaron Rodgers.”

Yet if Aaron Rodgers throws two picks man oh man!!

sharpe1027
10-23-2020, 06:04 PM

Dominant defenses tend to partially be a byproduct of possession offense. We have not had that.

GB-Brandon
10-23-2020, 06:29 PM
Dominant defenses tend to partially be a byproduct of possession offense. We have not had that.

They can also usually stop the run!!! Something we know nothing about and haven’t for a long long long time.

Patler
10-23-2020, 07:43 PM
No No No No No No!!!!!!! There is some bad luck with a guy like Nick Collins going down with a career ending injury. But a lot of these bad draft picks you just can’t attribute to “Bad Luck”. You can’t have it both ways. You can’t say that these guys are so smart and know better then us then flip it and say it’s bad luck when they don’t turn out like it’s betting on ponies.

The Packers have had some bad luck for sure, like Collins and Shields. Then Raji was up and down, but retired very early. Suddenly, three positions that should have been filled for anther 5 years are in need of immediate replacement. Early in his career, you would have expected Matthews to be an impact player for 10-12 years. Instead, his impact was short-lived. They never developed a solid, long term core on defense even though it looked like they had the makings for it on four levels.

Zool
10-23-2020, 07:58 PM

The 97 and 98 teams were pretty damned good but couldn't sustain.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 08:38 AM
The Packers have had some bad luck for sure, like Collins and Shields. Then Raji was up and down, but retired very early. Suddenly, three positions that should have been filled for anther 5 years are in need of immediate replacement. Early in his career, you would have expected Matthews to be an impact player for 10-12 years. Instead, his impact was short-lived. They never developed a solid, long term core on defense even though it looked like they had the makings for it on four levels.

It’s very hard to keep good defenses together as there are just so many moving parts to them being good or elite. In fact, through attrition and free agency and the salary cap it is next to impossible. The only way is to draft very effectively and the Packers just didn’t do enough of that to keep the defense going.

Even the Seahawks famed 2013 defense has finally hit rock bottom. Neck injuries to Kam Chancellor and Cliff Averil. Tough free agency decisions with Sherman, Thomas, Bennett and several others. They weren’t able to draft and replace through the draft as fast as guys were lost to injury or walked out the door for more $.

When your talking about an effective offense an elite QB can cover up so many of the deficiencies which makes it less reliant on all the moving parts and we have also seen that first hand with the Packers.

RashanGary
10-24-2020, 09:12 AM
32 teams, for the most part have lifetime career personnel guys making decisions on how to fit the most talent they possibly can beneath the cap.

The Patriots have been the gold standard of success the last 20 or so years. They tend to let team's draft and develop talent and then scoop them up for cheap after their roomie deals. Guy Lawrence of the Packers is an example. But there are many. And then they created an offense that was built around the short game, allowing them to scoop up cheap, players who might not be complete, but are able to do a few things well. Same for defense... They have a bunch of cheap vets that can do a lot of things so/so, but not stars (outside of Gilmore right now.) They can play man alright, cover 3 zone alright, quarters and cover 2. They don't really have a base defense outside of being whatever they feel like being that week. They prioritize experience and versatility over dominance and win because it's cheaper to get experienced players who don't dominate than expensive ones who have an extreme strength.

When the league zigs, the patriots zag. They'll build a plan around wherever other people don't want and by doing that, they can pillage the scrap heap. See Cam Newton for example.

The Packers are one of the other 31 teams doing it the other way, trying to find stars and win through physical dominance compared to winning with experience and versatility.

RashanGary
10-24-2020, 09:20 AM
Fackrell is a guy I wish we would have kept over signing Preston. Fackrell would have been really cheap, probably 4 years, 15M or so. He can cover, he can run, he can pass rush a little too. He's a good all around player and cheap. By keeping fackrell over Preston we’d have more money to keep other guys.

Billy Turner was a bad signing. Just a so/so player making a bunch of money. Wagner is a solid vet for cheap.

Bkhtiari..... He's so expensive, I sure hope we can find a replacement because that expense pretty much dooms the last year's of Rodgers prime. Rodgers at 35M and Bakh at maybe 15 for the first couple years of his deal that would skyrocket in later years is still 50M/ year for just two players. A cap of about 180M next year with half going to the offense.... Wed have 90-50= 40M for the rest of the offense. Adams at 15 means 25 for the whole rest of the offense. Turner at 8 leaves 17 for the whole offense. 1M per year for the other 20 guys and we're out of money.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 10:55 AM
Fackrell is a guy I wish we would have kept over signing Preston. Fackrell would have been really cheap, probably 4 years, 15M or so. He can cover, he can run, he can pass rush a little too. He's a good all around player and cheap. By keeping fackrell over Preston we’d have more money to keep other guys.

Billy Turner was a bad signing. Just a so/so player making a bunch of money. Wagner is a solid vet for cheap.

Bkhtiari..... He's so expensive, I sure hope we can find a replacement because that expense pretty much dooms the last year's of Rodgers prime. Rodgers at 35M and Bakh at maybe 15 for the first couple years of his deal that would skyrocket in later years is still 50M/ year for just two players. A cap of about 180M next year with half going to the offense.... Wed have 90-50= 40M for the rest of the offense. Adams at 15 means 25 for the whole rest of the offense. Turner at 8 leaves 17 for the whole offense. 1M per year for the other 20 guys and we're out of money.

They really like Billy Turner.

bobblehead
10-24-2020, 11:40 AM

But he is just feasting on the weakest teams in the playoffs. The minute he faces an alpha team he crumbles with fumbles and interceptions. If you look at the games he gets eliminated in his rating is for shit. Really, he is just looking good against the weakest teams.

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 11:56 AM
But he is just feasting on the weakest teams in the playoffs. The minute he faces an alpha team he crumbles with fumbles and interceptions. If you look at the games he gets eliminated in his rating is for shit. Really, he is just looking good against the weakest teams.

“Weakest Teams In The Playoffs?” Are you fucking kidding me? They are still playoff teams!! What happens is yes we run into teams that are much more talented then us and finally the “Fairy Tale Ends” because there is just too much too overcome with just having Aaron Rodgers and the 30th-32nd ranked defense where a guy like Tom Brady was able to lean on top 5 ranked defenses over and over.

Last year we gave up a record rushing performance on defense. Did we really lose that game game because Aaron Rodgers didn’t dive on a loose fumble? Common Man!!!

GB-Brandon
10-24-2020, 12:02 PM
It’s rather simple. If you want to win in the “VIP ROOM” then make the sufficient moves accordingly!!