PDA

View Full Version : Yannick Ngakoue a Raven

Guiness
10-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Follow the bouncing ball that is Yannick Ngakoue's career! Vikings cut ties with him, trading him to the Ravens and dropping a round in next year's draft at the same time.

Vikings get a 3rd rounder back after giving the Jags a 2nd round pick. They actually dropped further back than a round, since their pick will likely be top 5 with the Ravens' pick will be a lot closer to the end of the round! They may come out ahead on the 5th round conditional.

Wonder what happened? He had 3TFL and 4 sacks through 4 or 5 games, so not playing too badly.

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Vikings are gonna move on from Cousins and go full on rebuild. Packers will be joining them soon!!

Guiness
10-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Vikings are gonna move on from Cousins and go full on rebuild. Packers will be joining them soon!!

you had me 'till you put on the clown shoes to type the second half of the comment :bang:

Is your hate that strong that you can't focus on an a slightly different topic long enough to complete a sentence?

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 04:40 PM
you had me 'till you put on the clown shoes to type the second half of the comment :bang:

Is your hate that strong that you can't focus on an a slightly different topic long enough to complete a sentence?

I’m not hating. After they move on from Rodgers don’t you believe there will some type of rebuild?

GB-Brandon
10-22-2020, 04:42 PM
So Gute is going to survive trading up in the first round to draft a QB and sitting him on the bench for 4 years?

Spaulding
10-22-2020, 05:08 PM
So Gute is going to survive trading up in the first round to draft a QB and sitting him on the bench for 4 years?

That's all speculation. Wait for three more years and then revisit this post.

Rastak
10-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Vikings are selling off. Makes sense since they are bad, CAP total for everyone is totally fucked next year. This shit seems to be not going away so now is a prime time to start a rebuild. I heard some pea brains earlier in the year confidently state the cap wouldn't go down.

May want to pull your fucking head out of the sand. The Pack are big time contenders so they have a different dynamic in my opinion. Cap down or no, they got a shot.

bobblehead
10-22-2020, 06:37 PM
I’m not hating. After they move on from Rodgers don’t you believe there will some type of rebuild?

I do. The same type we went through after Brent. Lasted one year.

Guiness
10-22-2020, 07:47 PM

The '08 6-10 was rough. The Vikings, who traded the player this thread is about, would love if their rebuild season included 6 wins!

Guiness
10-22-2020, 07:54 PM
Vikings are selling off. Makes sense since they are bad, CAP total for everyone is totally fucked next year. This shit seems to be not going away so now is a prime time to start a rebuild. I heard some pea brains earlier in the year confidently state the cap wouldn't go down.

May want to pull your fucking head out of the sand. The Pack are big time contenders so they have a different dynamic in my opinion. Cap down or no, they got a shot.

I don't blame the Vikings from moving on from Ngakoue if they didn't see him as a long term building piece. He's young enough though, so I thought they might've viewed him that way. If the Vikings are selling off, do they see Cousins as a piece to build around? At 32 there should be time.

Next year's cap will be interesting, things have been quiet on that front lately. How much of a hit are the billionaires willing to absorb? The NFLPA was making noises about spreading the hit over a few years, and I'm sure if ownership wanted to kick a bit into the kitty to keep the cap flat they could.

run pMc
10-23-2020, 12:05 PM
First of all, Ngakoue was having a slow start. The Vikings aren't making the playoffs and weren't going to resign him. My guess is they were trying to get something for him now vs. a conditional when he leaves, and free up cap space. This does help speed up their rebuild/retool process.

As for Cousins, he's not going anywhere. He, Zimmer, and Spielman all signed extensions in the offseason. Kirk's cap hit would be monstrous -- I believe he's in the last year of his "fully guaranteed" contract. The Wilfs are filthy rich owners and could probably eat the Zimmer/Spielman extensions if they really wanted to, but Kirk's money affects a shrinking cap. No way they dump him and go back to the Spurgeon Wynns and Joe Webbs of the world at QB. $41M dead cap w/ 31M cap hit in 2021; they are stuck with him for two years at least. Do some homework before making statements like "Vikings are gonna move on from Cousins and go full on rebuild. Packers will be joining them soon!!" Google isn't hard.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/kirk-cousins-9915/

For that matter, by drafting players like Gary, Love, Dillon, Hanson, et al., Gute is trying to avoid a full rebuild by drafting and having developed players ready to step in and replace others. That's how a team should operate. Not saying Love will be as good as Rodgers (I doubt it) but at least they have a potential successor in house to avoid starting 1-5 and making fire sale trades.

Stop trolling and playing the Chicken Little card.