PDA

View Full Version : Vikings @ Packers practice week thread

Sparkey
10-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Chaos reigns in Minnesota. No pass rush, no interior pass blocking and Kirk being Kirk to the point of rumors saying Cousins could sit this week.

Unless there is a total meltdown by the Packers, it should be an "easy" win.

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 02:23 PM
Another Fraudulent win!

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 02:24 PM
The story this week is the player the Packer trade for and bring in to help us complete the run!!!

MadtownPacker
10-26-2020, 02:54 PM
Ok now I am seeing what posters are talking about. What the hell does a trade have to do with this thread???

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 03:33 PM
Ok now I am seeing what posters are talking about. What the hell does a trade have to do with this thread???

That the trade deadline for the season is this week. It’s the last chance for the Packers to make a move to improve their roster.

I will make a trade dead line thread.

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 03:35 PM
If they don’t make a trade this week there will obviously be no more talk of trade for the rest of the season. I think it’s pretty important all things considered.

GB-Brandon
10-26-2020, 03:43 PM
As far as the Vikings this should be a scrimmage for the Packers. Gotta be careful to still show up however. Vikings have gone from “mini-rebuild” to “full-on rebuild.” It looks like the Cousins era could be coming to an end. The Packers should have no problem lighting up this Queens defense. Not much to report here. Two teams going in different directions at the moment.

Upnorth
10-26-2020, 05:35 PM

There is a whole other thread made for trades Close but no cigar mad

Upnorth
10-26-2020, 05:37 PM
Trap like setup with our SF nemesis next week....

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 05:53 PM
Trap like setup with our SF nemesis next week....

It’s good that we play back to back outside zone teams with similar QBs and a similar style of involving TEs and FBs. For the defense at least, it lines them up for being sharp coming off the short week into Thursday nights SF duel.

texaspackerbacker
10-26-2020, 08:06 PM
I don't buy that this will be an easy win. It is a rivalry game after all. Nonetheless, it should be a win and not too close.

QBME
10-26-2020, 08:22 PM
Another Fraudulent win!

OK, I'm a mere lurker. Been here faithfully lurking since the post JSO days.

I have had enough experience now to recognize an A Hole.

Congratulations - not first place but very, very close.

Go Pack.

RashanGary
10-26-2020, 09:50 PM

Go Pack.

Enough of an ahole to draw you from the lurker doldrums I see.

Upnorth
10-26-2020, 10:05 PM

Go Pack.

I appreciate the community service

run pMc
10-27-2020, 08:12 AM
I don't buy that this will be an easy win. It is a rivalry game after all. Nonetheless, it should be a win and not too close.

Agree. Division games are hard fought and upsets happen. MIN is coming out of the bye and after their last loss things looked bad, so I expect Zimmer to have the team playing like madmen. It will not be an easy game to win, but GB should be favored by 7.

GB-Brandon
10-27-2020, 11:06 AM

Go Pack.

I don't know? Who had the Rams last night? LOL I try to help the people and I get mocked!!!

https://youtu.be/LdE3WlQ__GY

Fritz
10-27-2020, 12:22 PM
Chaos reigns in Minnesota. No pass rush, no interior pass blocking and Kirk being Kirk to the point of rumors saying Cousins could sit this week.

Unless there is a total meltdown by the Packers, it should be an "easy" win.

I love that the Vikings suck. Apologies to Ras if he's out there.

Joemailman
10-27-2020, 06:58 PM
Packers add LB James Burgess to active roster. Guess that means they're not expecting Krys Barnes to be ready to go.

run pMc
10-28-2020, 12:39 PM
Yeah, Barnes is a slightly undersized tackling machine. Burgess looks to be in the same mold.

FWIW Barnes having recurring shoulder issues is not a good sign for him.

Joemailman
10-28-2020, 01:42 PM
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2020&wk=8

Kevin Burkhardt and Daryl Johnston with the call.

https://506sports.com/2020/08-FOX-E.png

Joemailman
10-28-2020, 01:45 PM
Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde
·
1h
In other injury news, Matt LaFleur says WR Allen Lazard (core muscle surgery) and ILB Christian Kirksey (pectoral) will both be back at #Packers practice this week, so start the return-to-action clock on them. Wonder if they're aiming for next Thursday vs. SF with both of them.
:pack::wave::pack:

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 03:19 PM
Crazy how well this season is playing out (knock on wood.)

Core injury is a major problem for any NFL player. The strength loss and endurance will surely be a problem for Lazard. He almost has to be brought along slowly. Probably won’t play this week or next. Then probably would be part time for a couple weeks. I imagine he could be 100% for the last 4 games though and has a great chance to be at his best in the post season, when we need him most.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 03:22 PM
If they’re smart with Lazard, for the post season, his break as long as it’s rehabbed and brought along with the long term in mind, he could be in better shape and more explosive than guys who are warn down by the end.

GB-Brandon
10-28-2020, 04:14 PM
Crazy how well this season is playing out (knock on wood.)

Core injury is a major problem for any NFL player. The strength loss and endurance will surely be a problem for Lazard. He almost has to be brought along slowly. Probably won’t play this week or next. Then probably would be part time for a couple weeks. I imagine he could be 100% for the last 4 games though and has a great chance to be at his best in the post season, when we need him most.

That’s a realistic scenario I’m hoping.

Joemailman
10-28-2020, 04:47 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Elca0ioXIAIosEQ?format=png&name=large

Joemailman
10-28-2020, 08:50 PM
Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Mason Crosby has two issues: left (non-kicking leg) calf and a back. He's one of 19 — that's a season-high — players on the injury report. No wonder Matt LaFleur reduced today's practice to walk-through speed.

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Aaron Jones, Kevin King, Mason Crosby not practicing but a slew of guys returned: David Bakhtiari, Tyler Ervin, Darnell Savage (all inactive last week) plus Raven Greene, Krys Barnes (both hurt in the game) and Allen Lazard, Christian Kirksey (both eligible to come off IR).

Rob Demovsky
ESPN Staff Writer
Sounds like it might be another week for RB Aaron Jones (calf). Coach Matt LaFleur said holding him out last week "definitely helped him but he's got to continue to improve and get better each day." LaFleur said they won't risk losing him long term so "we'll be smart with him.".

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 09:00 PM
Packers are starting to have a profile with muscle strains. Three or more weeks is the profile. I think it’s good that way. If you come back early, I think that’s when you start seeing knees and ankles go as the rest of their body is compensating.

RashanGary
10-28-2020, 09:02 PM
I could see Jones back for SF. I mean, one game and then 10 days off.... calf strain.... he should be fine. But they’ve been out of this world effective in the short Lafleur era at preventing long term injuries. So whatever they choose, I’m down. Jamal is pretty good and Dillon needs reps. Plus erv is back for the motions. Jones down the stretch is more important because we do have the horses to fill in right now.

Upnorth
10-29-2020, 08:06 AM
I could see Jones back for SF. I mean, one game and then 10 days off.... calf strain.... he should be fine. But they’ve been out of this world effective in the short Lafleur era at preventing long term injuries. So whatever they choose, I’m down. Jamal is pretty good and Dillon needs reps. Plus erv is back for the motions. Jones down the stretch is more important because we do have the horses to fill in right now.

Motion drives lafluers attack. I am looking forward to ervin coming back but am disappointed they didn't find anyone to take over his role or at least try to.

Sparkey
10-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Minor injuries become a persistent problem if they don't heal properly. In Jones case, a minor calf injury is still a big deal. Explosiveness and lateral agility are all compromised by even a minor calf injury. They need to take the long view on this injury.

Joemailman
10-29-2020, 01:19 PM
Some interesting contrasts in this game. Kurt Cousins leads the NFL in interceptions. Packers defense is next to last in the NFL in interceptions. Vikings defense is 29th in passing yards allowed. But they are 3rd best in stopping 3rd down conversions and 6th in the red zone.

Joemailman
10-29-2020, 01:28 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
2m
#Packers LT David Bakhtiari (chest) practiced for second straight day. Bakhtiari did individual drills in pads.

Allen Lazard (core) and Christian Kirksey (shoulder) also practiced in pads today and were able to do individual drills. Good sign both are progressing well on IR.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
#Packers K Mason Crosby (left calf/back) did not join team outdoors for practice in early periods. We’ll see what he’s listed as after not practicing Wednesday.

Kevin King (quad), Aaron Jones (calf) and Marcedes Lewis (knee) did not practice in pads today..

Joemailman
10-29-2020, 02:15 PM
Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
Matt LaFleur hints at #Packers WR Equanimeous St. Brown maybe earning more playing time: "I think there's a good chance you'll probably see him out there more than what he has shown in previous weeks."
12:16 PM · Oct 29, 2020·TweetDeck

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood
·
1h
#Packers coach Matt LaFleur says CB Kevin King had a setback with his quad. He had been practicing limited last week but did not practice Friday, did not practice Wednesday either. Tough break for King, who is in final year of his contract and needs to stay on the field..

Fosco33
10-29-2020, 03:17 PM
Didn’t know Crosby was hurt.

Sparkey
10-29-2020, 04:36 PM
Quad injuries suck. They never really heal completely until you can give them an extended period of rest. Looks like JJ will have an extended chance to show what he is.

Joemailman
10-29-2020, 06:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElhgzXQXIAsvRG4?format=jpg&name=900x900

Bretsky
10-29-2020, 09:20 PM
Holy Shit BRIAN BURNS is like the missile GB wanted the Gary to be from day one

RashanGary
10-29-2020, 11:09 PM

Shut up :lol:

run pMc
10-30-2020, 10:18 AM

I was on the Brian Burns draft bandwagon, but that ship has sailed. Glad to know I can at least occasionally spot em. :)

As for Sunday, I don't have a good feeling about this. Division game against desperate team coming off a bye, no Aaron Jones, no Kevin King, Bahktiari & Crosby beat up.
If Zimmer was smart, he'd load the box and bring pressure and shade help coverage towards Adams. Basically make Rodgers uncomfortable and force one of the no-names on offense (MVS, Tonyan, Jamaal) beat you. He can be stubborn with his calls and scheme, so we'll see. I do expect them to bring more pressure in with those A-gap LB blitzes after seeing the TB film.

If Dalvin Cook is healthy, they are dangerous. Mattison is a good backup -- at least as good as Jamaal Williams. Justin Jefferson was another player I liked and he's going to be a thorn for NFCN CB's for years. Will be a good test for the defense, and if they can pressure Cousins or get a 2 score lead on MIN and force them to throw they have a good shot at picks.

Forecast calls for a windy day, that might influence playcalling.

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 10:37 AM
I was on the Brian Burns draft bandwagon, but that ship has sailed. Glad to know I can at least occasionally spot em. :)

As for Sunday, I don't have a good feeling about this. Division game against desperate team coming off a bye, no Aaron Jones, no Kevin King, Bahktiari & Crosby beat up.
If Zimmer was smart, he'd load the box and bring pressure and shade help coverage towards Adams. Basically make Rodgers uncomfortable and force one of the no-names on offense (MVS, Tonyan, Jamaal) beat you. He can be stubborn with his calls and scheme, so we'll see. I do expect them to bring more pressure in with those A-gap LB blitzes after seeing the TB film.

If Dalvin Cook is healthy, they are dangerous. Mattison is a good backup -- at least as good as Jamaal Williams. Justin Jefferson was another player I liked and he's going to be a thorn for NFCN CB's for years. Will be a good test for the defense, and if they can pressure Cousins or get a 2 score lead on MIN and force them to throw they have a good shot at picks.

Forecast calls for a windy day, that might influence playcalling.

If you shade coverage toward Adams and load the box, that should open things up for Packers TE's and MVS.

Expect Vikings to try and run a lot. Cousins leads the NFL in interceptions, and Cook and Mattison are healthy. Packers front 7 though is as healthy as they've been since Week 1.

Tony Oday
10-30-2020, 12:27 PM
Packers win in a laugher, 42-17

Upnorth
10-30-2020, 12:43 PM
If wind projections hold this will be a ground and puns game. 25 mph will effect the passing game

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2020, 12:44 PM
Not to be negative or anything, but they sorta blamed a bad week of practice for the Tampa loss. With the various injuries, etc., this may not have been the best week either. I expect the Packers to load up to stop the run. Our DBs better be sharp just in case Cousins snaps back and has a fairly good game.

I agree with runpMc about the Vikings trying to shut down Adams and do a lot of pass and run blitzing, but they won't be successful. Tonyan, Valdez-Scantling, Turner, and Jamal should have big games receiving, maybe Ervin too, maybe even Sternberger and/or St. Brown. Rodgers' bad game is fresh enough in his mind that no way he has another one. Look for him to really spread it around.

Packers 35 Vikings 24

After reading UpNorth's weather forecast, I'll revise that down to 28-20 Packers

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 12:49 PM
Could see a lot of going for it on 4th down with that wind projected to be NW at 25. Especially if Crosby can't go.

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 12:54 PM
Bill Huber
@BillHuberSI
·
3m
With Dantzler on COVID list, three of top four corners will be out.
Quote Tweet

Minnesota Vikings
@Vikings
· 6m
#MINvsGB injury report

OUT: CB Mike Hughes and CB Holton Hill

QUESTIONABLE: WR Dan Chisena

All the more reason for the Vikings to try and play ball control. Try to keep the ball out of Rodgers' hands.

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 04:40 PM
Aaron Jones and Kevin King out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Elmfu6_WMAEjDBP?format=jpg&name=medium

texaspackerbacker
10-30-2020, 11:03 PM
I thought I heard LaFleur say today they brought in somebody named Nick for a tryout as a replacement kicker. I can't find a last name. Anybody know who this might be?

Can Scott kick a little bit if necessary? Or who is the Packers emergency kicker?

Joemailman
10-30-2020, 11:48 PM
I thought I heard LaFleur say today they brought in somebody named Nick for a tryout as a replacement kicker. I can't find a last name. Anybody know who this might be?

Can Scott kick a little bit if necessary? Or who is the Packers emergency kicker?

Nick Vogel. Kicked for UAB. He's been taking Covid tests all week so he would be eligible.

texaspackerbacker
10-31-2020, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the info, Joe.

run pMc
10-31-2020, 11:55 AM
I wonder if they sign Vogel to the 53 for kickoffs. He supposedly has a big leg, but I wouldn't trust a rookie from UAB to kick outdoors in windy Lambeau.

Jones and King will be out, I assume Kirksey and Lazard are too. The SF game is 5 days later, but I'd argue beating MIN is more important since it's a game they should win plus it's a division game. MLF has shown they aren't going to start players who have soft-tissue injuries and then put them on a plane a few days later to do it again. With all the injured players this year, it's definitely a war of attrition so getting healthier is going to be key down the stretch.

As for MIN, their defense is a shell of what it was -- Hunter on IR, Ngakoe traded, Barr on IR, most of the CBs banged up -- so there should be a lot of points scored in this one. They don't have a pass rusher that scares you, and unless they send Kendricks with a safety I don't know who they send on a double A-gap blitz.

It's the GB defense I'm concerned with. The MIN offense goes as Dalvin Cook does. If he's out or limited, they are easier to defend. If there was any game for Kenny Clark to make his presence felt, this would be it. (The Smiths too.)

Joemailman
10-31-2020, 01:47 PM
Looks like they're going with Crosby. Wouldn't be surprised if they have Scott handling kickoffs.

Tom Silverstein
@TomSilverstein
·
11m
Forgot to mention, the kicker the #Packers worked out Friday is Nick Vogel. By not signing him even to the PS means they are pretty sure Crosby will be good for #49ers Thurs. night. If they want someone else they would have to start his testing today for him to be ready for SF.

CaptainKickass
10-31-2020, 02:37 PM
JK Scott CAN at least kick extra points and [possibly even field goals

Scott converted 13 of 25 field goals with a long of 59 yards and 69 of 71-point after attempts during his high school career

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._K._Scott (JK Scott)

CaptainKickass
10-31-2020, 02:46 PM

I also wish Kamal Martin were a kicker so his nickname could be Kamal Toe

Upnorth
10-31-2020, 06:20 PM

This is the best comment this month! Happy Halloween

Patler
10-31-2020, 06:56 PM

The tricky part for Scott will be holding and kicking at the same time.

Joemailman
10-31-2020, 07:38 PM
The tricky part for Scott will be holding and kicking at the same time.

Dropkick!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxsbXVdPznY

call_me_ishmael
11-01-2020, 12:13 AM

LOL!!!!